Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Burnt Offerings” (1976) starring Karen Black, Oliver Reed and Bette Davis

Did anyone else like this forgotten horror film? Before The Amityville Horror there was this one, and it’s genuinely a lot creepier. I saw this as a child and still find the chauffeur creepy as fuck.

Bette Davis hated Oliver Reed and trashed him after making the film and she didn’t get along with Karen Black either and got into many arguments with her while filming. La Davis was a lot to deal with, I assume.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2024 1:55 PM

It scared my eyes crossed!

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2024 4:44 PM

I saw it at the drive-in.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2024 4:44 PM

I swą it too. Scared the life out of me.

That house featured in so many made-for-tv movies in the 1970s and 80s.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2024 4:54 PM

Bette Davis was good in it, I will say that for her.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2024 4:57 PM

I never saw Harvest Home. Was La Davis good in that one, too?

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2024 4:59 PM

R3 this wasn’t a made for tv movie

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2024 5:12 PM

I wasn’t that crazy about the film. Lots of freaky things happened but it didn’t add up to anything.

I’ve heard the book is different -and better.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2024 5:13 PM

Didn’t add up to anything? The old house itself was trying to kill these people because when it killed people the house would self-rejuvenate and fix itself up.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2024 5:15 PM

A good thread about Burnt Offerings from a couple years ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2024 5:15 PM

R9 why do you have so much time on your hands that you always look for threads from years ago? Surely you have something else to do besides post on here, LPSG, Reddit and weird sites 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2024 5:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2024 5:18 PM

Full movie (not great quality).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2024 5:21 PM

"Butt Offerings" (2025)- Lindsay Lohan stars as Hope Hicks, the doggedly faithful acolyte who survived a harrowing descent into the Trump cult. Donald Trump: John Goodman: Melania: Sofia Vergara. Ivanka: Paris Hilton. Mike Pence: James Spader. Directed by Osgood Perkins.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2024 7:06 PM

I never bought Reed & the wonky eyed Karen Black as a couple, but then when Bette Davis swans in, that was just too much. That said, I love just the ridiculous campiness of it all

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2024 8:33 PM

I distinctly remember Rhona Barrett setting a strip of film on fire during her segment on Good Morning America to express how bad she thought the movie was.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2024 9:31 PM

The Crows have Eyes 1?

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2024 9:41 PM

Rona Barrett, the doyenne of good taste and subtlety.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2024 12:39 PM

<- Groan 'N Bare-It...

The movie is entertaining. And that beautiful house...

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2024 12:42 PM

Bette starts out stylish and blonde and descends into crazy gray hagdom.

by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2024 12:49 PM

Oliver Reed was the classic batshit drunken Brit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2024 1:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!