Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: Angelyne’s house

What do we think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2024 5:54 AM

It looks like they threw in free end tables and a lamp with the purchase of a sofa & loveseat.

by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2024 2:51 AM

I remember this from around 2010. She has long since sold this condo and lives somewhere in Thousand Oaks.

She's currently auctioning off her old clothes and possessions to raise money for an official documentary that will tell her "true" life story which Emmy Rossum's series failed to do.

Her second and most well known album (Driven to Fantasy) has recently been reissued on vinyl. I would've preferred a CD with bonus tracks but oh well.

She is still denying that the Hollywood Reporter is false and that she is not Ronia Tamar Goldberg/Renee Tami Goldberg-Strauss. Pim Eyes (which has a high accuracy rate) proves otherwise.

My theory is that this goes beyond living performance art and being a walking non-fictional character/living New Age outer space Barbie doll and that she's suffering from trauma or PTSD due to her mother dying of cancer when she was a teenager and her father being extremely strict along with a bit of internalized antisemitism (her parents were Polish Jews who both survived WWII, each lost a ton of relatives and refused to discuss anything about them or the war due to trauma) which has resulted in some sort of dissociation.

She literally married her then boyfriend just to get out of the house because her father was that strict. He would punish her by locking her in the closet if he caught her sneaking in or out late at night which would do a number on just about anyone psychologically.

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2024 3:01 AM

More like Tasteless Friends

by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2024 3:02 AM

$575K seems really cheap for LA. It must be a total shithole.

by Anonymousreply 4April 30, 2024 3:17 AM

Is that a pink poodle on the bed?

by Anonymousreply 5April 30, 2024 3:20 AM

R4 That was the price in 2010. And it has already long since been sold and renovated.

by Anonymousreply 6April 30, 2024 3:20 AM

It’s where 1979 went to die

by Anonymousreply 7April 30, 2024 3:21 AM

[quote] She is still denying that the Hollywood Reporter is false

What?

by Anonymousreply 8April 30, 2024 3:21 AM

[quote] She literally married her then boyfriend just to get out of the house because her father was that strict.

Most women married to get out of the house pre-1970s.

[quote]He would punish her by locking her in the closet if he caught her sneaking in or out late at night which would do a number on just about anyone psychologically.

Locked in a closet is nothing. Children in the 1950s got their asses kicked on a daily basis. Wasn’t the closet story fictional for the tv series? Parents would do anything to keep their girls from getting knocked up. Kids were locked in their rooms all the time.

Of course she’s Renee. They have her signature on a million documents. The woman is simply a narcissist with histrionic personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 9April 30, 2024 3:48 AM

R9 Her father being strict and physically abusive was confirmed by the guy who tried to do a documentary on her over ten years ago. I forget his name the Lukas Gage character in the miniseries was based on him.

by Anonymousreply 10April 30, 2024 4:04 AM

Whorehouse by Mattel.

by Anonymousreply 11April 30, 2024 4:11 AM

How did she make money to put up billboards? Was she a high-priced call girl in her heyday? And how does she pay her rent now? How could she afford a house in Malibu?

So many questions.

by Anonymousreply 12April 30, 2024 4:23 AM

R11 R12 Dan Bucatinsky once posted a video he recorded at a restaurant of Angelyne in a red evening gown snuggling up against a rich elderly businessman.

The video has long since been scrubbed from the internet.

by Anonymousreply 13April 30, 2024 4:25 AM

There was a rumor that the guy who is basically her henchman died recently.

by Anonymousreply 14April 30, 2024 5:55 AM

She purchased her home furnishings on LaBrea.

by Anonymousreply 15April 30, 2024 11:41 PM

R14 I don't think Scott Hennig died. I haven't seen any obituaries anywhere. Not to mention they're still on good terms and he's been working for her for nearly 40 years. She would've mentioned something like that online seeing as how he's closer to her than anyone else is.

They used to date and it's rumored he's bi. He's an elderly man now but he was very attractive when he was much younger. He kind of looked like Andy Biersack from Black Veil Brides.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2024 5:48 AM

r16, that's very interesting. The thing is her entire life is all delusion. He could die and she would simply not believe it or say that he had taken on spirit form and not give his death another thought. He's still registered as living in Idaho, which is why so many people believed for years she was from there. He's obsessed with her. Bi? I would have thought full-blown gay. All of her documents come with either his Idaho residence or someone related to him. I can't believe she wasn't arrested for lying about her address and date of birth on her petition to change her name. She even forged her campaign documents for governor. Isn't that illegal?

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2024 5:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!