Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scarlett Johansson turns 40 this year

Her career appears to be on a slump. She is doin a Jurassic movie next. Is she ovah?

She needs an Oscar win to keep her career momentum. Is she capable of maturing into different types on parts in her forties?

by Anonymousreply 19April 29, 2024 5:30 AM

None of the Marvel leads need to worry or care about their careers. Their movies will be played for decades, just like those goofy Super Man movies from Reeve's. But more importantly, they all got MASSIVE checks from Disney. She never needs to work another day in her life.

by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2024 3:35 PM

I could see her winning an Oscar as a career achievement/box office award, similar to Julia and Sandra.

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2024 3:44 PM

Sandra's still pisses me off and I'm a fan of hers. That movie and performance didn't come close to an Oscar worthy win. I don't know what antics were going on behind the scenes but nothing she did in that movie was Oscar worthy.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2024 3:50 PM

She looked so blah at the Correspondent's Dinner. Besides her tits, I never really thought she was all that attractive anyways. The dress she wore showed how very milquetoast she really is.

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2024 4:01 PM

R3, she was riding a wave that year. She had two hits, ‘The Proposal’ and ‘Blind Side’ (beloved by Christian right wingers) at a time in her career when she was 40+. The Oscar, in my opinion, was more for that. She was actually prize-worthy in ‘Gravity’ after that, so I forgive them. I agree that ‘Blind Side’ was terribly overrated!

Johansson needs to do edgier A24 material now to sustain her career. She’s too old to be doing these popcorn fluff flicks. She was “good” in ‘Marriage Story’, but Adam Driver was the standout there. I just don’t think she’s an interesting actress, even after seeing her in ‘Under My Skin’ and her SNL skits are so overrated. She’s not a comedian!

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2024 4:07 PM

Her career isn’t in a slump. What a stupid fucking comment. As usual. Just says anything and then replies to himself on accounts.

She took time off of work because she has a skincare line she’s been busy with. At least do your research

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2024 4:16 PM

She was always just an action star.

by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2024 5:05 PM

I liked her in Don Jon and Lucy but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 8April 29, 2024 3:30 AM

Tick tock too for Emily Blunt. She's 41 and another overrated "star."

by Anonymousreply 9April 29, 2024 3:32 AM

She can actually act decently, as she demonstrated in "Ghost World" and (especially) "Girl with a Pearl Earring," so I'm sure she'll be fine when she ages out of action/adventure roles. And, unlike Angelina Jolie, she does not have a weird inhuman look.

by Anonymousreply 10April 29, 2024 3:36 AM

Emily blunt is awful.

by Anonymousreply 11April 29, 2024 4:27 AM

She was looking bottom heavy at the WHCD.

by Anonymousreply 12April 29, 2024 4:33 AM

Most actresses’ careers tail off after they pop out kids and hit middle age. Unlike actresses like Streep or Close, ScarJo doesn’t really have the acting talent/skill to pull off more demanding roles as she ages and those tits start to sag. She’ll still get cast in star parts for awhile based on the inertia of her name value, to little avail. Her checkbook will always be healthy.

Watching “Challengers” made me realize that Zendaya is on the ScarJo trajectory: fine playing younger characters/ingenues, but totally out of her depth when attempting dramatic adult roles.

by Anonymousreply 13April 29, 2024 4:37 AM

Scarlett is funny. She should do a sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 14April 29, 2024 4:44 AM

She was really funny as Katie Britt

by Anonymousreply 15April 29, 2024 4:52 AM

Scarlett Johansson was briefly in talks to play Lana Turner - she would have been super. It nothing came of it. I think I remember reading that she wanted to play Marjorie Morningstar in a remake that would have stuck closer to the novel. Nothing came of that. She did Cat on a Hot Tin Roof on Broadway. She had to pretty quickly do some grown woman roles befor she ages out. I mean the types of roles that Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon used to play.

by Anonymousreply 16April 29, 2024 5:11 AM

Before ^^^

by Anonymousreply 17April 29, 2024 5:12 AM

3 husbands, 2 nominations

by Anonymousreply 18April 29, 2024 5:19 AM

But only one burdensome daughter.

by Anonymousreply 19April 29, 2024 5:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!