Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Emma Stone - Call Me By My Name!

Emma Stone is one of many actors whose well-known names are actually stage names.

If you didn't know, Emma's first name is Emily.

She had to change her name when earning her SAG card as there was already an actress named Emily Stone in the union.

While Emma's career has soared under her stage name (including winning her second Oscar earlier this year), those closest to her don't call her "Emma."

In fact, the actor recently revealed that using a stage name caused her to "freak out" a few years ago.

Emma and her The Curse costar Nathan Fielder spoke to the Hollywood Reporter in an interview published on Wednesday. Throughout the conversation, Nathan called Emma by the name "Emily," which prompted the publication to ask if anyone in the industry called her Emily.

"When I get to know them, people that I work with do. It's just because my name was taken [by another actress in SAG]," she said. "Then I freaked out a couple of years ago."

"For some reason, I was like, 'I can't do it anymore. Just call me Emily,'" she continued, noting Nathan also calls her "Em."

As for how if fans could greet her as Emily, Emma said, "That would be so nice. I would like to be Emily."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2024 9:00 AM

Whatever her name, I like her. She's got this weird, quirky energy and she appears in all kinds of roles - big & small budget. She's one of the few mainstream actors I can think of that can just morph into a character. In interviews, she comes across as humble (or at least not unbearable), her co-workers seem to like her and until recently, I didn't know that she was married with a kid so her personal life isn't always on display. She does appear to be friends with JLaw, which is a strike against her, but otherwise, she's one of the most interesting actors out there.

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2024 9:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!