Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s be the deeper meaning in human actions

I’m frivolous posting to social media, which really is a desperate plea to be viewed as young, fun and relevant, and an attempt to avoid the existential crisis from thoughts of our eventual death.

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2024 11:39 PM

[crickets]

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2024 8:04 PM

I’m OP. I think I’m cerebral but I come across as a slightly retarded first year Philosophy major.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2024 8:34 PM

I'm OP's unaddressed existential angst.

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2024 8:35 PM

I’m R2 ‘s anal warts.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2024 9:18 PM

I read in this (and as always, I read in it what my own filters and forms allow, make, register) a yearning for more meaningful living than the modern circumstance makes possible. More specifically, the digital flattening of our lives. When all is accessible, nothing is accessed with any value. I do think the digital environments are altering (reducing, inhibiting) our frontal lobes. Shortening attention spans, lack of interest, addictions to grievance and reactivity.

In any case, OP, while we are all alone in a journey, you are not "alone."

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2024 9:24 PM

OP's theory about social media may be on target for people over 40, but I don't think it's necessarily the case for people under 35. I don't think young people are posting to escape thoughts of their mortality. They just want to be envied or get laid.

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2024 9:26 PM

I’m R6 waiting for OP to stop typing so I can derail their thread with a story about my cousin’s friend who chauffeured a VW bus for Lorne Greene and Janet Maslin

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2024 9:28 PM

I'm the bowel movement you had this morning and the existential crisis it caused.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2024 10:17 PM

I'm R6 and I have no idea who Janet Maslin is.

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2024 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!