Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump delivers the second Gettysburg Address: Better than Lincoln

[quote]Gettysburg. What an unbelievable battle. That was the battle of Gettysburg. What an unbelievable I mean, it was so much and so interesting and so vicious and horrible and so beautiful and so many different ways. It represented such a big portion of the success of this country. Gettysburg, wow.

[quote]Robert E. Lee, who’s no longer in favor — did you ever notice it? He’s no longer in favor. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.’ They were fighting uphill, he said, ‘Wow, that was a big mistake,’ he lost his big general. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys,’ but it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2024 8:14 PM

I can't believe this analphabetic turd was an American president, or that he might become one again shortly.

by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2024 3:54 PM

I can't wait for the press to edit that.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2024 3:57 PM

Like Bobby Lee, Diaper Don is also a leader of movement that has and will always be known as losers.

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2024 3:59 PM

There are times when I think the writing staff of SNL prepares his speeches...

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2024 3:59 PM

I'm willing to bet a million dollars that Dump doesn't know that Gettysburg was fought during the Civil War.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2024 4:02 PM

Most of his dumbass supporters wouldn't care, R5. They are big on reality.

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2024 4:05 PM

He appears to know Robert E. Lee lost there and he appears to regret it. But he also seems to think Lee was a leprechaun.

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2024 4:05 PM

Well they do care about the Civil War r6, in all the wrong ways.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2024 4:05 PM

Fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2024 4:06 PM

One might note that he was more than 100 miles from Gettysburg last night.

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2024 4:08 PM

"aren't big on reality

by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2024 4:20 PM

Damn, this isn't a parody, is it?

by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2024 5:10 PM

[quote]Damn, this isn't a parody, is it?

Unfortunately, it isn't

Just disgusting! How can Republicans accept and put up with this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2024 5:19 PM

Did we finally chase away the “Oh look another Trump thread” asshole?

by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2024 5:23 PM

[quote]Did we finally chase away the “Oh look another Trump thread” asshole?

I don't think that even s/he could justify this in any way...

by Anonymousreply 15April 14, 2024 5:25 PM

Gettysburg. I am good friends with the Gettys. Richard Getty is my favorite race car driver.

by Anonymousreply 16April 14, 2024 5:27 PM

There were very fine people on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 17April 14, 2024 5:33 PM

Because OP didn't supply a link, I genuinely thought those clumps of verbiage were a bit of inventive weekend fun, perhaps fuelled with a glass or two of wine. Exaggerated stupidity for the sake of parody.

And now I've seen R13. Trump deserves not one iota of credit ever - but it's truly astonishing how he repeatedly comes up with new variations of drivelling idiocy.

He sounds like a pathetic old drunk. He makes DL's Larry King look like Jefferson. For the ten thousandth time we have to note that it would be hilarious if it weren't so frightening.

by Anonymousreply 18April 14, 2024 5:47 PM

They're truly disgusting...

STEPHANOPOULOS: Just to sum up. You support Trump for president even if he's convicted in the classified documents case. You support him for president even though you believe he contributed to an insurrection. You support him for president even though you believe he's lying about the last election. You support him for president even if he's convicted in the Manhattan case. I just want to say, the answer to that is yes, correct?

SUNUNU: Yeah. Me and 51 percent of America.

S: Governor, thanks for your time this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2024 5:48 PM

I doubt he knows anything about Gettysburg. I have to wonder if his cult understands what he's saying. Truly.

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2024 5:49 PM

He probably fell asleep watching the movie once.

by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2024 5:59 PM

[quote]I have to wonder if his cult understands what he's saying. Truly.

Sure they do! He's saying that Robert E. Lee should have won the war. The South was right all along and if you elect him the South shall indeed rise again.

by Anonymousreply 22April 14, 2024 6:01 PM

Dee Plorable: "I love president Trump! He says what I been thinkin!"

"You're thinking, about your lucky charms, boyo?"

by Anonymousreply 23April 14, 2024 7:46 PM

He knows nothing about Gettysburg. He's like a child bullshitting his way through a book report even though he didn't read the book.

by Anonymousreply 24April 14, 2024 8:26 PM

Sounds like MadLibs.

by Anonymousreply 25April 14, 2024 8:38 PM

Gettysburg Address......yes......well the battle was really won in the air. The Northern states had lots of planes and airports.....the Southern states didn't have them.....

The Gettysburg Address......I think it's a post office box number......am I right? I'm right aren't I? A box number......

Inject your bleach!

by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2024 8:43 PM

In the words of the Immortal Ruth Brown:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2024 9:13 PM

Looney, tooney, fresh and fruity!

by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2024 9:16 PM

We don't need yer book learnin, Libs!

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2024 10:12 PM

Calling it "incoherent word vomit" would be polite.

by Anonymousreply 30April 14, 2024 10:14 PM

He’s an idiot and a moron who could not coherently discuss the Battle of Gettysburg and its implications if his miserable, wretched life depended on it. Nevertheless, he thinks that he is brilliant and people want to hear his thoughts on whatever topic pops into his mostly empty head.

His assessment of Robert E. Lee’s purported “fall from grace” is a perfect example of what an incurious dolt he is. Lee has always been a secessionist traitor who fought a war against the U.S. to preserve the inhumane treatment of human beings — unless you view him as tRump obviously did, as nothing more than an historical figure, without ever examining what it was that he did to merit his unenviable place in history.

This criminal should never have been allowed near the Oval Office the first time. He sure as hell doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near there again.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2024 4:07 AM

And to think that the demented speaker as quoted by OP genuinely believes he should have been chairing the WH Situation Room meeting during the Iranian attack on Israel.

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2024 5:35 PM

I think Don sr has gotten into Don jr's stash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 16, 2024 5:54 AM

[quote]How can Republicans accept and put up with this?

Tax cuts for the rich! And forced pregnancies for the whores!

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2024 6:17 AM

He was beautiful

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2024 6:18 AM

Is anyone surprised? The Battle of Gettysburg didn’t involve Trump, and knowing about the Battle of Gettysburg doesn’t benefit him. So of course he’s shockingly ignorant about it.

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2024 6:32 AM

You are so Right On R5!🤣!

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2024 7:15 AM

They don’t care what he says. He’s talks like they’re all sittin’ around the pickle barrel at the General Store. They like that folksy stuff. Attention is being paid on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2024 8:00 AM

It hurts when I laugh cuz it’s real but I must.

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2024 8:09 AM

This is a feast for conspiracy connoisseurs. What can he have possibly meant with that? It can't just be one big mental buffer underrun.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2024 10:06 AM

His vocabulary is so limited, the sign of low intelligence: bad, sad, horrible, disgrace, phony, incredible, unbelievable, awful, fake, rigged, stolen, beautiful, hoax.

by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2024 2:38 PM

[quote] How can Republicans accept and put up with this?

They don’t see it on Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2024 2:40 PM

Don’t overthink it, r40. He knows nothing about the battle of Gettysburg, so babbled idiotically when discussing it.

Sadly, his cultists are even bigger morons than he is, so they don’t know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2024 8:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!