Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Elizabeth Vargas Career Go Down the Shitter

She has some show on now called crime something where she just shows clips sometimes without any narration and then other times her stupid commentary. That's got to be quite the humbling experience to go from being a host of one of the big three news broadcasts for as much as that means anymore to whatever she does now.

by Anonymousreply 42April 4, 2024 2:47 AM

She spit instead of swallowed.

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2024 6:58 AM

You know why. We all knew.

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2024 7:19 AM

Vodka!

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2024 8:59 AM

She was a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2024 9:10 AM

Oh, and she sucks at her job.

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2024 9:43 AM

Fuck her. She tried to sensationalize the Matthew Shepard story for ratings back in the, making salacious insinuations about him. Wrote her off after that happened. She was the only reporter who went there.

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2024 10:24 AM

She’s a piece of shit, that’s why. See R6.

I truly wouldn’t be surprised if she was MAGA. And I hope her husband has shit tons of affairs, knocking people up and bringing home raging cases of treatment-resistant herpes to Liz(and).

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2024 10:29 AM

Anybody want to save me a google and elaborate on the Matthew Shepard stuff ?

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2024 1:26 PM

[quote]You know why. We all knew.

She's a dwunk!

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2024 1:36 PM

R8, she said that Matthew was a HIV+ meth addict prostitute and that the murder wasn’t a hate crime and just run of the mill drug robbery that went haywire.

I knew Matthew very well, he was one of my best friends when I was 18-19 years old and while he wasn’t a saint and did use drugs sometimes, he wasn’t a prostitute or a drug dealer.

I will forever hate this drunken cunt and would say Inhipe she dies in a grease fire except I think even that would be good for her.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2024 1:48 PM

Big hugs, r10.

by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2024 8:02 PM

But I totally believe Matthew got in that car thinking it was going to be a hot, ruff trade 3some.

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2024 8:05 PM

Had no idea.... a quick google.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 3, 2024 8:09 PM

What's even more disgusting is that after she received enormous criticism for the original Matthew Shepard story in 2004, she doubled down and did more stories over the years making the same slanderous claims. As if Matthew's parents haven't suffered enough. She is DEAD TO ME.

by Anonymousreply 14April 3, 2024 8:10 PM

Agreed R14. Gay bars should have urinal strainers with her face on them like military bases did after Jane Fonda went to Vietnam.

by Anonymousreply 15April 3, 2024 8:15 PM

Well, she wasn't great to begin with and then the story came out that she was drunk on the job a lot. She was married to Marc Cohn, who I like a lot as a musician, who got carjacked and shot in the head, survived, and even he couldn't stand her alcoholism and anxiety so he divorced her. I think he just couldn't take her anymore and neither can the public.

by Anonymousreply 16April 3, 2024 8:21 PM

I think getting shot in the head was easier than living with her.

by Anonymousreply 17April 3, 2024 8:44 PM

Vermin

by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2024 8:46 PM

Being drunk used to be the norm at ABC News.

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2024 8:50 PM

^ Harry Reasoner

by Anonymousreply 20April 3, 2024 8:54 PM

R13 thanks for that post.

by Anonymousreply 21April 3, 2024 9:01 PM

She always seemed like a frigid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2024 9:04 PM

You know what they say, R22 -- there are no frigid women, only clumsy men.

by Anonymousreply 23April 3, 2024 9:07 PM

She IS Elizabeth Vargas!

by Anonymousreply 24April 3, 2024 9:08 PM

I’ll give you a hint….. GLUG GLUG GLUG.

by Anonymousreply 25April 3, 2024 9:09 PM

[quote]Harry Reasoner

Though I never saw it affect her professionally, Diane Sawyer enjoys her alcohol too...

by Anonymousreply 26April 3, 2024 9:15 PM

Diane knows how to have a good time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 3, 2024 9:22 PM

I never understood drunks whose drink of choice is red wine. The hangovers must be brutal.

by Anonymousreply 28April 3, 2024 9:52 PM

R28 not to mention they must have so many ulcers and acid reflux that kills.

by Anonymousreply 29April 3, 2024 9:58 PM

Friend worked for her years ago. Said she would rather have worked for Miranda Priestly. Total twat.

by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2024 10:39 PM

She took over for Peter Jennings on September 12, 2001 after he'd been delivering breaking news for 17 hours straight. That was the peak of her career most certainly, who else can say they did that? Everything else went downhill from there

by Anonymousreply 31April 3, 2024 11:37 PM

I knew she had a reputation as a b**** and a drinking problem but I had no idea she was so loathed. I'm surprised I didn't know about the Matthew Shepard stuff because I was about his same age when it happened and it affected me pretty hard. I spent a lot of time in small towns throughout Wyoming and Utah and Idaho and they're quite a few people that I felt like were capable of the same violence.

by Anonymousreply 32April 3, 2024 11:44 PM

R12, and?

Also, fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 33April 4, 2024 12:45 AM

Flames. On the side of my face. Breathing. Breathi—heaving breaths.

She is the shit of a fly who’s lived on the shit of dead fly who spent its life feasting on the shit of dead rats in a urine-soaked subway tunnel in the Bronx in August.

by Anonymousreply 34April 4, 2024 12:52 AM

R12 Many of us probably have gotten into cars without thinking clearly.....but none of us deserve to die for a piece of ass.

by Anonymousreply 35April 4, 2024 12:55 AM

Well, you might like her, r34, but the rest of us have some issues with little missy, let me tell ya!

by Anonymousreply 36April 4, 2024 12:59 AM

R12 is a fetid, pus-laden piece of shit found on the floor beneath the trough urinalysis at Wrigley Field after a double-header with extra innings on a hot August weekend. that featured free beers and nachos for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 37April 4, 2024 1:01 AM

I don’t understand what R12 said that’s so wrong. Getting into a car with two rough looking guys with the prospect of sex on the horizon isn’t anything to be ashamed of. Of course it shows poor judgment but he presumably had been drinking because he met them in a bar so youth and lowered inhibitions certainly played into that decision.

by Anonymousreply 38April 4, 2024 1:47 AM

It rather blames the victim, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 4, 2024 2:10 AM

Who wore the ruff?

by Anonymousreply 40April 4, 2024 2:16 AM

I don't see stuff like that is blaming the victim exactly and more just recognizing that we all demonstrate poor judgment and we live in a world where evil exists and sometimes when those two things meet bad things happen.

It should be looked at more as a cautionary tale sure you should be able to just as sweaty and skAnky as you want and go wherever but the fact is that sometimes you're going to attract attention from the wrong kind of people who want to hurt you. Perhaps that's not how the world should work but that's just the cold hard fact of it.

by Anonymousreply 41April 4, 2024 2:37 AM

That cwooked mouth.

by Anonymousreply 42April 4, 2024 2:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!