Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

April, 2024: Who should be the next James Bond?

There's been lots of speculation recently, so I just put together some names based on an article in today's NYTimes (plus I just added in Jonathan Bailey's name so we could have an out candidate). But feel free to add your own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2024 1:17 AM

Not Lucy

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2024 4:29 AM

None of the above. It's worn out having degenerated into bad cartoons late in Connery's term. And for god's sake that was three generations ago.

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2024 4:39 AM

Lucy wanted to be Bond, but Gary Morton talked her out of it

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2024 4:45 AM

Why so many votes for AT-J, the guy is so blah.

I can't believe they still haven't announced this, I hate that Broccoli hoe for teasing us so.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2024 4:57 AM

Jesse Plemons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2024 5:23 AM

Why am I not on the list?

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2024 9:44 AM

^Because you weren't mentioned in the article, Richard.

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2024 5:01 PM

peachy boy

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2024 5:09 PM

Why him, R8?

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2024 5:14 PM

I think B. Broccoli should just go ahead and play Bond herself.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2024 5:14 PM

I voted for Jamie Dornan. I don't think any of the others have the physicality and masculinity of the role while being able to look and act very posh. Some of them are quite milquetoasty, in fact. (ATJ!)

Tom Hardy? no way, not with that voice.

by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2024 5:17 PM

Lizzo

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2024 5:21 PM

I feel like it's going to be Charles Melton.

by Anonymousreply 13April 3, 2024 5:28 PM

Charles Melton? He's an American

by Anonymousreply 14April 3, 2024 6:42 PM

R11 Have not taken anything he has done seriously since 50 Shades of Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 15April 3, 2024 6:56 PM

Maybe Jonathan Bailey. Needs more physical presence, but he definitely has the acting skills.

by Anonymousreply 16April 3, 2024 6:58 PM

R15 If you've not seen him on Netflix's The Tourist series, you should. It's fantastic. Action role! He's great in it.

by Anonymousreply 17April 3, 2024 7:02 PM

It's 2024. There should be transmen on this list.

by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2024 7:04 PM

Aidan Turner

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2024 7:08 PM

There is only one person on earth who could do justice to the legacy of James Bond; someone who is debonair, fashionable, and equipped with just enough swag to make the role come alive. Ladies and gentleman................

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 4, 2024 12:47 PM

If it’s not a trans person of color then what are we as a society?

by Anonymousreply 21April 4, 2024 2:35 PM

Nice to know my personal preference is #2. Jamie Dornan is just perfect. For James Bond or anything else

by Anonymousreply 22April 4, 2024 3:01 PM

I want it to be Henry Golding. That would be a nice change up. Otherwise, go with Chiwetel Ejiofor. I love him and he is a terrific actor. Madden and Dornan would be acceptable. None of the others.

by Anonymousreply 23April 4, 2024 3:48 PM

R20, Barbara Broccoli already told me I got the part!

by Anonymousreply 24April 4, 2024 4:13 PM

Just watched Jamie Dornan in Barb and Star Go to Vist Del Mar and he has the exact combination of Looks, masculinity, charm and humor that Bond needs.

by Anonymousreply 25April 4, 2024 4:18 PM

I saw him in Belfast and he was wonderful. I also saw him in some series where he was a serial rapist or murderer and he toyed with Gillian Anderson the detective who was trying to catch him. I like him and I would not be upset at all if they cast him as Bond.

by Anonymousreply 26April 4, 2024 6:17 PM

Fleming wrote Bond to be ordinary in every respect other than personality characteristics of courage and devotion to duty. Somebody nobody would look at twice. Just another pleasantly homely Brit.

Maybe it's LONG past time to return to basics and dump the underwear models and sculpted body builder Bonds.

by Anonymousreply 27April 4, 2024 7:26 PM

r27 that is absolute Baloney. He is supposed to have Dark "cruel" good looks. With a scar down the side of his face. What a weird thing to lie about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 4, 2024 10:51 PM

R25, Jamie Dornan was so gorgeous and sexy in that film.

Not sure about him as Bond, but he does bring the sex.

by Anonymousreply 29April 4, 2024 10:54 PM

R4, he really isn’t all blah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 4, 2024 11:03 PM

r28, there are multiple references by Fleming that Bond looked so much like entertainer Hoagy Carmichael it had drawn unwanted attention as he went on his work. You can compare an artist's interpretation to the real thing as intended by the author and draw your own conclusions.

It's a matter of interpretation but to me "pleasantly homely" works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 4, 2024 11:31 PM

Elliot Page would be perfect!

by Anonymousreply 32April 4, 2024 11:40 PM

Ill take pleasantly homely, if you mean that in the Humphry Bogart, life roughly lived sense. But he's definitely not supposed to be some shlub on the street. He's constantly bedding beautiful women, athletic, and as seen in Fleming's own drawing of the character, clearly a man of John Hamm-like good looks. Not "ordinary in every respect"

by Anonymousreply 33April 4, 2024 11:41 PM

Domhnall Gleeson. But I wouldn't want him to bulk up too much. He's handsome, and a great actor. He'd be a more intellectual Bond, than a beefcake Bond.

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2024 12:03 AM

Julianne Moore, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2024 12:03 AM

Billy Porter.

"Mr. Bond, would you prefer your martini shaken or stirred?"

"Martini?! To hell with that shit! I want a cosmo, gurl, but with a sugared rim and a cute li'l umbrella!"

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2024 12:22 AM

What is this fuckery about a blade looking Bond.

We need him to be a menacing, masculine wall of hot fuck.

They neutered him in the abysmal last entry where they killed off the Daniel Craig entity. Sad, because Craig defied expectations to be a great Bond, in his first three films, anyway.

They need to right this listing ship and bring in a scorching hot man who reads as ruthless, cunning, and ready to fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2024 12:37 AM

[quote]We need him to be a menacing, masculine wall of hot fuck.

[quote]They need to right this listing ship and bring in a scorching hot man who reads as ruthless, cunning, and ready to fuck.

You rang?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2024 12:42 AM

BlasÉ not bladE.

- Fat Fingers at r37.

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2024 12:44 AM

Johnny Weir!

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2024 1:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!