Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adidas fails to notice a certain resemblance

…between their design of the number 4 on the latest jerseys for the German National Team and the exceedingly distinctive Nazi SS lettering. I mean, obviously it’s not the same, but it’s dangerously close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2024 4:39 PM

Oops

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2024 5:40 AM

What's wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2024 12:43 PM

r2 Nothing

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2024 12:45 PM

I don't know them.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2024 1:08 PM

What?

by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2024 1:11 PM

I wonder how many design committees it went through. Did no one really notice?!

by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2024 1:16 PM

Haha, even down to the colors!

This had to be deliberate on someone's end; it's altogether too dead-on to be a sad coincidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2024 1:18 PM

It went through design committees comprised of young people who know nothing about the past.

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2024 1:19 PM

R7 no no. This one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2024 3:08 PM

Well, if the designers of this grew up in Germany they may have never seen the SS symbol. Nazi imagery is outlawed and even legitimate historical use in museums and textbooks isn’t broad. When I went to school there we would have periodical mentions of the Nazis and the Holocaust and it would be very earnest and serious and then you’d go for months without hearing or seeing anything about it in culture, school, museums. They don’t really like to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2024 4:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!