Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Boeing CEO Calls Alaska Airline Door Incident a Watershed Moment

You mean the Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines before that killed hundreds of people werenโ€™t watershed moments? Stay greedy muthafucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2024 4:35 PM

Looking her up, Stephanie Pope's background is finance. That plus DEI. Not aircraft engineering as I had hoped.

๐‘ƒ๐‘œ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ ๐‘œ ๐‘Ž ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘ฃ๐‘œ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘›๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐ต๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘Ž ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘š๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’. ๐ด๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘š๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐ต๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘–๐‘›๐‘”โ€™๐‘  ๐ธ๐‘ฅ๐‘’๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐ถ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘๐‘–๐‘™, ๐‘ƒ๐‘œ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘  ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘’๐‘ฅ๐‘’๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐ต๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘Š๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘› ๐ผ๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐ฟ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘, ๐‘Ž ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘ฆ ๐‘Ž๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘›.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2024 1:26 AM

OP that because it did not impact white Americans.

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2024 1:37 AM

Sheesh. She's going to be a DEI disaster. How cynical of Boeing to put forward a woman expecting everyone to ignore she's finance bro (with a vagina).

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2024 10:14 AM

Oh, yes, sheโ€™s definitely a DEI disaster because sheโ€™s a woman! R3, youโ€™re a brilliant talent evaluator.

Howโ€™s it going at the call center?

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2024 10:19 AM

See r1.

Boeing needs to return to its roots with management who understand how airplanes are built. Her actual managerial focus appears to have been diversity statistics.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2024 10:26 AM

4 Reading skills? I didn't say she would be a DEI disaster because she is woman. But based on her background. I did say that they chose a woman as a deliberate PR move and it's cynical. Why didn't they hire a FEMALE ENGINEER, with some business savvy. Not a suit out of the DEI track.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2024 10:33 AM

R1 and R5 are retarded. The CEO of McDonald's is not a former chef. The CEO of Marriott is not a former housekeeper. She doesn't need to have worked on an airplane assembly line in order to run Boeing. You don't know anything about business.

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2024 10:34 AM

The executive suite is NOT serious about putting engineering first. The only thing that will make them serious about this is SUITS IN JAIL and government oversight.

This company is being treated like the big banks - too big to fail. That may be so, but how about a bit of moderation of the greed? And making the executives PAY for their failings.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2024 10:36 AM

Yeah I do. I have worked at Credit Suisse, First Boston, Chase and Lehman. Most of them wrecked by greedy executive suites.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2024 10:37 AM

And the CEO of McDonalds SHOULD know a bit more about nutrition and food quality, in my opinion. At least in the USA, it's garbage food, because it's as low as the US government allows in ingredient quality.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2024 10:39 AM

Phil Condit, who put Boeing on the path to shortsighted greed and caused the MDD reverse takeover is an engineer.

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2024 10:39 AM

Well he sucked too. Your point? DEI expert is going to turn this around?

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2024 10:41 AM

My point is thatโ€™s it is not as simple as engineers = good, MBAs = bad.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2024 10:43 AM

OK I agree. But optics at this time.

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2024 10:46 AM

Here is where small minds might attempt to ponder the possibility that, just occasionally, a person who occupies a DEI job has done so because of their outstanding overall leadership qualities.

(In fact, I have a friend whoโ€™s ascent up the corporate ladder started with a pivotal head of diversity job, which led to a key role on the companyโ€™s executive committee.)

But I hate to meddle with uninformed narratives.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2024 10:54 AM

Fucking Murdoch Fox Business

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2024 10:57 AM

The OP is right. Even though Phil Condit is an engineer he was the guy who divorced Boeing from its engineering corporate culture in favor of suits and finance. He fucking moved management to Chicago so they wouldn't have to be reminded that they built airplanes:

The isolation was deliberate. โ€œWhen the headquarters is located in proximity to a principal businessโ€”as ours was in Seattleโ€”the corporate center is inevitably drawn into day-to-day business operations,โ€ Condit explained at the time. And that statement, more than anything, captures a cardinal truth about the aerospace giant. The present 737 Max disaster can be traced back two decadesโ€”to the moment Boeingโ€™s leadership decided to divorce itself from the firmโ€™s own culture.

For about 80 years, Boeing basically functioned as an association of engineers. Its executives held patents, designed wings, spoke the language of engineering and safety as a mother tongue. Finance wasnโ€™t a primary language. Even Boeingโ€™s bean counters didnโ€™t act the part. As late as the mid-โ€™90s, the companyโ€™s chief financial officer had minimal contact with Wall Street and answered colleaguesโ€™ requests for basic financial data with a curt โ€œTell them not to worry.โ€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2024 11:20 AM

R15, the problem is that boards always hire women and POC for clean up - none of whom have the connections and support of the fuckups who created these disasters.

The outgoing Boeing CEO reaped his $30 million pay package, but did NOT get the $3 million bonus. Heโ€™ll be placed somewhere else while she is written off as a โ€œwhat did you expect?โ€mistake. Then, theyโ€™ll hire another one of their own once the bad garbage is cleared.

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2024 11:21 AM

I hope sheโ€™s more qualified to run Boeing than the woman who was running Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2024 12:27 PM

R1 and R5 are also right. I thought they were the OP.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2024 1:30 PM

[quote] Boeing needs to return to its roots with management who understand how airplanes are built. Her actual managerial focus appears to have been diversity statistics.

Helping explain why diversity lady moved so high in the company and why Airbus will totally own the Western airline manufacturing industry......

Boeing headquarters moved from Chicago to Arlington, Virginia where they can be closer to Congress and the Pentagon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2024 4:00 PM

Girlfriend, that scarf is NOT helping!

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2024 4:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!