Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Barbara Eden Son Of A Preacher Man (1969)

Our Jeannie could belt out a song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 9:42 PM

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed that.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 4:56 PM

She’s so pretty, and she moved beautifully on camera here. She must have recorded this and lip scythed to her own voice.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 5:46 PM

Wow, it’s almost a modern pop routine in TV. I still don’t understand how the mics could pick this up so I assume she was lip syncing for the dance parts.

Gosh 60s style is fabulous. 1950s dresses in the beginning and short skirts and Gigi boots in the end of the decade. All with big hair and sometimes hats throughout. Uh!

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 5:59 PM

R3- It's shocking how much styles and mores changed from ca. 1963 to 1968.

Long straight hair on women and super short skirts and long hair on men and easy sex and drugs and rock n roll.

In just five short years everything changed profoundly. Five years ago is 2019. Twenty years ago barely looks different in terms of styles compared to today.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2024 6:15 PM

She was very vers and got type cast. Thanks for posting OP!

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 6:25 PM

There used to be a clip from a tv show of Barbara singing and dancing to this song.....we had this 45 rpm and it was a big hit with all the kids dancing along.....

Can't find Barbara's clip on YouTube now. :-(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 6:37 PM

We can all thank JFK’s brain matter and Vietnam for changing the nation so much in such a short amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 8:22 PM

Well she's certainly not Dusty, but I guess she puts it over. Kinda.

I love the go-go boots and the 60s fashions and choreography. That's a blast!

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 9:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!