Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pig-faced MAGAt explodes when confronted with fruit cup sellers

My guess is she flipped out when they told her the bananas only came sliced.

The comments in her tweet are hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 3, 2024 1:49 PM

She's a fake outrage troll.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 3:46 PM

She seems nice.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 3:48 PM

I suppose her ancestors came over on the Mayflower.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 3:51 PM

R3, they did bring swine to eat, so...

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2024 4:15 PM

She's a bully and it's not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 4:21 PM

Meh, I'm a little tired of all the fake Twitter drama. She's some kind of weird actress trying to stir shit for clicks

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 4:24 PM

There is no way this person is a native New Yorker. I personally have zero issue with vendors selling fruit in public or even in the subway system. It's an honest living, and what they are selling is healthier than the processed crap most New Yorkers usually eat.

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 4:29 PM

I somehow missed the "explosion."

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 4:30 PM

Not a New Yorker so it does seem weird to me there are multiple stands together selling the same fruit cups. Are they all part of a larger organization?

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2024 4:33 PM

Big Fruit, R9

You can recognize them by the Shift Supervisors in matching caftans and earrings.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2024 4:35 PM

OP, hardly say that was exploded.

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2024 4:36 PM

Right wingers enraged by hard working immigrant (who is very likely a religious conservative themselves) with a fruit stand - the irony is those women running the stand actually embody nominal conservative values.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2024 4:38 PM

They must be doing good business for so many to be selling them. How is this different from the street vendors from 100 years ago? And they are selling them in convenient single serving size containers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2024 4:38 PM

Further back then that, R13

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2024 4:49 PM

R13 The difference is they’re not white.

She wouldn’t blink twice if they were European immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 4:54 PM

Is that Dutchie speaking?

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2024 5:12 PM

Bigots always need some convenient group of people to voice their grievances and hate towards. Xenopobia, bigotry, racism, it's always existed.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2024 5:19 PM

She is correct.

Let's just turn our public spaces into shit-holes.

Question: are licenses required to sell food to the public? Does the food and preparation need to be inspected...or is free-for-all?

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2024 5:49 PM

It's just a freakin' fruit cup, man. Chill out. They aren't preparing and cooking meals for sale.

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2024 5:55 PM

R19 I simply asked a question. Why so touchy?

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2024 5:56 PM

Because they are not turning public spaces to shit holes simply by only selling fruit cups.

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2024 5:58 PM

I'm missing something. What's her problem? That there are many vendors selling fruit outdoors? That's the way it's always been in NYC (and probably every other city). At least this fruit is peeled and ready to eat; my great-grandfather had to buy a whole watermelon from the pushcart guy and slice it himself.

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2024 6:00 PM

[quote]I'm missing something. What's her problem? That there are many vendors selling fruit outdoors? That's the way it's always been in NYC

No it hasn't. Nothing like what the city is facing today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2024 6:05 PM

[quote]At least this fruit is peeled and ready to eat; my great-grandfather had to buy a whole watermelon from the pushcart guy and slice it himself.

No one gives a shit about what your great-grandfather did in 1890.

by Anonymousreply 24April 2, 2024 6:06 PM

Fresh cut fruit is among the least of our food safety concerns.

by Anonymousreply 25April 2, 2024 6:14 PM

She's right. NYC is becoming 3rd world, then you get on the Subway and a parade of mothers with infants on their backs and random children walking through the car selling chocolate, stepping over the half-naked, reeking homeless guy. It's literally Guatemala.

by Anonymousreply 26April 2, 2024 6:22 PM

The anti-fruit cup trolls are out in full force today. I didn't even know that anti-fruit people existed. Simple solution: If you don't want any, don't buy any.

by Anonymousreply 27April 2, 2024 6:25 PM

See what posters like R27 and R25 do?

by Anonymousreply 28April 2, 2024 6:26 PM

That MAGA cunt at OP (the one on Twatter, not OP) has a feed filled with really gross racist bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 29April 2, 2024 6:29 PM

R18, I know you don't ask your Rent Boys the same questions.

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2024 6:33 PM

Mayor Eric Adams agrees:

NYTimes:

"Mr. Adams said that New Yorkers must “follow rules” when selling food in the subways, and that the Police Department should enforce them."

“Next day, it’s propane tanks being on the subway system,” Mr. Adams said at an unrelated City Hall news conference. “The next day, it’s barbecuing on the subway system. You just can’t do that.”

"The remarks from Mr. Adams, who said he was concerned about commuters getting ill from food sold without a permit, came as he continued to champion the enforcement of so-called quality-of-life matters"

But a certain faction of white-savior far-lefties see no problem with NYC spiraling into a 3rd world shithole.

[quote]I know you don't ask your Rent Boys the same questions.

Of course, that's the best you can do.

by Anonymousreply 31April 2, 2024 6:35 PM

Those who are tardy will not get fruit cup!

by Anonymousreply 32April 2, 2024 6:40 PM

Dawn Pigport and her pig nose.....fuck that cunt

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2024 6:46 PM

I mean... Unlicensed vendors like this, especially with food, is a problem. There have been cases of Hepatitis spreading through fruit that is cut up and packaged in grocery stores. I shudder to think what might be possible with these street stands. Why can't we have law and order? And yes, it is unsightly.

by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2024 6:50 PM

Fuck off r34. Your post is unsightly too — I demand we outlaw you.

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2024 6:59 PM

Street vendors make a city interesting and diverse. If this bitch is for real, which I doubt, she should have moved to New Jersey years ago

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2024 7:01 PM

I think those fruit carts are now a wholly-owned division of Kraft Heinz, which is in turn owned by Berkshire Hathaway, r9. Follow the money.

by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2024 7:02 PM

Do we need 3 standsof the same shit?

Literally me talking about every Chase Manhattan/Starbucks/bodega on every single block in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2024 7:17 PM

Looking at the person's twitter feed and saw this. Dude is no doubt a MAGA but this was SAVAGE lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2024 7:20 PM

[quote]Street vendors make a city interesting and diverse.

The idiocy.

This is what the Brooklyn Bridge turned into. So interesting and diverse!

Fortunately the city booted this mess off the bridge in January.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2024 7:20 PM

^ It's not just the ladies with the fruitcups, every big city I've ever lived in had street vendors. That's usually how immigrants get started. This whole anti-immigrant bullshit is getting ridiculous. Everyone in the US is descendant from people who came from someplace else to make a better life. It's just the latest in the far-right hate campaign against anyone who isn't a white, Christian male and it's going to blow up in their faces

by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2024 7:20 PM

You had me till "male"R41 or are we truly trying to pass of white urban women as oppressed still?

by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2024 7:23 PM

Yes, let's go back to the way it was... Oh, look, a street vendor in NYC circa 1900

@r42, No, dear, just their wombs that are the property of the government 🤨

Where the fuck have you been?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2024 7:27 PM

R43 And let's bring back the cold water tenements too!

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2024 7:29 PM

The only problems I have with vendors is when they block streets or sidewalks.

by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2024 7:29 PM

@r44, Yes, let's do that, because that's so much better than homeless people in the street

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2024 7:34 PM

^That's the city the far left wants.

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2024 7:35 PM

This is my favorite, communal outhouses for the entire neighborhood. Can you just smell the ambiance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2024 7:37 PM

@r47, Stop being a stupid idiot, it's getting on my nerves 🤨

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2024 7:39 PM

I don't see the big deal about fruit vendors.

Personally, I'd never eat anything from them, but that's because I'm sketched out by food that I didn't prepare myself. Not everyone has the same hang-ups though, so if people want to buy from these women, I don't have a problem with it.

by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2024 7:48 PM

[quote]This whole anti-immigrant bullshit is getting ridiculous. It's just the latest in the far-right hate campaign against anyone who isn't a white, Christian male

Oh, please.

NYTimes Sep 7, 2023: "Adams Says Migrant Crisis ‘Will Destroy New York City’"

All those anti-immigrant White Christian men!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2024 7:49 PM

[quote]Personally, I'd never eat anything from them, but that's because I'm sketched out by food that I didn't prepare myself. Not everyone has the same hang-ups though, so if people want to buy from these women, I don't have a problem with it.

So in other words, the laws on the books regarding the sale of food to the public should be ignored? Is that OK for restaurants too?

by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2024 7:51 PM

No homeless people in the good ol' days, everyone had a roof over their head... or not

And all of this just a few blocks from the Astors and the Vanderbilts in their Park Ave. gilded mansions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2024 7:53 PM

She should spend a few days in Mexico City. You can't move on the fucking sidewalk sometimes because they are so packed with street vendors. This looks very organized by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 54April 2, 2024 7:56 PM

For you Trumpers who believe immigrants are poisoning our blood... An Aryan (German) slum circa 1907, you know like those awful German Trumps are descended from

"German slum New York, Lower East Side, Manhattan, "Kleindeutschland"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 2, 2024 8:04 PM

I long for the days of cholera outbreaks.

by Anonymousreply 56April 2, 2024 8:09 PM

This Ho would get her ugly ass beat in LA.

by Anonymousreply 57April 2, 2024 8:10 PM

I could only understand objection if people were being rounded up and forced to buy these fruit cups.

However, as far as I can tell, it's possible to walk past said cups without buying anything. Fancy that!

by Anonymousreply 58April 2, 2024 8:14 PM

[quote]Question: are licenses required to sell food to the public? Does the food and preparation need to be inspected...or is free-for-all?

That's what I thought of, too, only because the city where I am from is very strict when someone (street vendor or restaurant) is selling food - even fruit cup. If you are selling food in my area, you need to have a "peddler's license" (which is expensive) and proof that the food was prepared in a 'commercially approved kitchen' (by the health department, which gives you a certificate to display at your table / cart). Should a cop come by and you don't have both, they will shut you down and fine you. (If you have both but not with you, you can challenge the fine and have it settled in court).

by Anonymousreply 59April 2, 2024 8:17 PM

Poor thing. Did they deter her from getting to the vendors with the knockoff designer bags?

by Anonymousreply 60April 2, 2024 8:21 PM

[quote]That's what I thought of, too, only because the city where I am from is very strict when someone (street vendor or restaurant) is selling food - even fruit cup. If you are selling food in my area, you need to have a "peddler's license" (which is expensive) and proof that the food was prepared in a 'commercially approved kitchen' (by the health department, which gives you a certificate to display at your table / cart). Should a cop come by and you don't have both, they will shut you down and fine you. (If you have both but not with you, you can challenge the fine and have it settled in court).

It's called civility.

by Anonymousreply 61April 2, 2024 8:22 PM

Many of you have no problem with other people having to live in a 3rd world shithole, as long as it makes you feel good about yourself.

by Anonymousreply 62April 2, 2024 8:32 PM

I wonder if they also give dollar blow jobs. Blow Jobs are real jobs.

by Anonymousreply 63April 2, 2024 8:36 PM

R48 -- those outhouses weren't for the whole neighborhood, just the residents of one tenement --they were in the building's backyard.

Those buildings usually had 5 or 6 floors with 4 two-room apartments per floor. Each apartment would house around 4 - 8 people, so you have 4 outhouse stalls for around 140 people.

The good old days.

by Anonymousreply 64April 3, 2024 12:17 AM

I wouldn't say anything about this street scene, let alone make a bitter angry video. But it's very sad the vendors are cannibalising each other, thus barely scraping by, and that they are selling what is likely to often or randomly be an unhygienic product.

by Anonymousreply 65April 3, 2024 12:34 AM

Did DL ever come up with a quippy name for "gay walk" - because the guy in her video had the quintessential gay walk.

by Anonymousreply 66April 3, 2024 12:51 AM

I'm still waiting for the MAGAt to explode - watched the video a few times, but must've missed it.

by Anonymousreply 67April 3, 2024 12:53 AM

She did the exploding at other people in her Twitter thread R67. She sounds like a real cunt in her responses.

by Anonymousreply 68April 3, 2024 1:27 AM

Racist whore!

by Anonymousreply 69April 3, 2024 2:09 AM

@r64, 4 outhouse for a 140 people makes it sooo much better 🙄

I have a bit of a stomach thing going on this week. I've been to the bathroom a 140 times TODAY.

by Anonymousreply 70April 3, 2024 4:34 AM

R67, read her responses. She goes immediately off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 71April 3, 2024 6:45 AM

^ It seemed pretty scripted to me the way she goes full atomic bitch at anyone who dares to make even a simple counterpoint 😏

by Anonymousreply 72April 3, 2024 9:39 AM

Guatemala on the Hudson

by Anonymousreply 73April 3, 2024 1:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!