Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Housekeeping

I had housekeeping as part of the HOA in my SF penthouse years ago and it was great, turn down service, light dusting, etc.

Fast forward to now, I just hired a service for my beach cottage in MA and I am not enjoying it the second time around.*

They do a reasonable cleaning job, but stuff keeps moving. Remote controls move from room to room, yesterday I spent a hour looking for the Himalayan salt, (It was on the dog food shelf in the pantry.)

I've designated the coffee table in the living room as a "Não tocar" zone, but stuff still gets moved around.

Yesterday, one of them left half of melted ice coffee in the bathroom with a crusty lipstick ring around the straw tip, Ghastly! I almost threw a house slipper at it.

Oh well it's only for the summer. I'll get a new service next Spring when I reopen the cottage.

I guess I didn't have a question, :shrug:

*w/apologies to Shalamar

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2024 12:08 AM

Relax, Vera Donovan.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 1:46 PM

ew a lipstick-caked straw is grounds for a lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 1:57 PM

If you're paying for "turn-around" service - meaning cleaning between outgoing and incoming weekly rentals (MA Beach Cottage) - lower your expectations.

Between the lack of people available or willing to do these jobs, "turn-arounds" need to be done quickly and efficiently. Not gonna happen, no matter what they promise you.

Otherwise, your problem is the lack of people available or willing to do these jobs. Usually the lack of hard working immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 2:11 PM

Get up off your ass and clean it your self FATTY!

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2024 2:14 PM

They’ll clean my WHOKE HOUSE for $19

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 2:25 PM

R3, Eek, no this is my summer residence. I don't want others living here, gross.

R4 Fuck you Richard Simmons, don't you have to go hide from Pauly Shore?

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 2:27 PM

They’ll steal all your drugs, lube and pills if you leave them out!

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 3:35 PM

Yeah, and if it's a controlled substance, you have to file a police report to get a refill to replace the stolen medication.

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 3:40 PM

R7 Any drugs that are left out are communal.

I guess you and I were raised differently.

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2024 5:47 PM

Truly first world problems.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2024 6:01 PM

Não tocar zone?

Que bicha escrota.

by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2024 6:26 PM

Op, did you explain to the housekeeper EXACTLY what you wanted them to do and expect, in WRITING? Also, how much are you paying them? I live in Orlando and found a wonderful housekeeper. She doesn't steal, eat my food, hide things and the house looks marvelous when she leaves. Of course, I pay her $120 for three hours of work every Friday afternoon. She's been with me for years.

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2024 7:07 PM

You're not mad at them, you're mad at the cumstains!

by Anonymousreply 13April 3, 2024 9:04 PM

I love making people work for my cheap wages. Work work work and I’ll give you little,

Hee hee hee

by Anonymousreply 14April 3, 2024 9:10 PM

There's a better option (10:20)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 3, 2024 9:11 PM

Waiting for Darfur Orphan to inquire what this "turn down service" thing is all about.

by Anonymousreply 16April 3, 2024 9:34 PM

Your housekeeper is probably renting out your house to short term renters whilst you are away. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 17April 3, 2024 9:42 PM

While your post is ridiculous OP, I am convinced my housekeeper intentionally moves things around as some sort of proof that she's touching/cleaning everything.

by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2024 9:43 PM

My housecleaner is really good, but she does weird little rearrangements of objects that we have to move back every week when we get home after she's been there. Just putting things on side tables and coffee tables in different places. Overall, she does a great job and I wouldn't complain about that, or leaving behind a cup.

If there's a bigger issue I text the housekeeper with a picture and explain what I'd like done differently, and I've only done that once or twice in the three years I've had her working for me.

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2024 9:47 PM

Ah, the discreet charm of the bourgeoisie.

by Anonymousreply 20April 3, 2024 10:32 PM

OP? No whining from the yacht!

by Anonymousreply 21April 3, 2024 10:35 PM

Are you sure you're not in Mom's or Uncle's basement somewhere making this all up, OP? You probably had hot pockets for a snack in your robe whilst DLing.

by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2024 10:39 PM

I think it’s made up. He’s trying to sound fancy and failing. Someone with a summer home and a penthouse is going to employ cleaning staff directly based on a recommendation, if they don’t have a management company. Not hire maid brigade.

Is there a building in San Francisco with hotel/maid services? I know there are a few in NYC, usually buildings that used to be hotels. Sherry Netherland at 781 Fifth Avenue Is one. But I’m not sure it’s automatic and not an extra. I’ve never heard of a condo “HOA” providing this. The building my run of the mill white box apartment is in has a deal with a service, but I pay for it when I use it.

by Anonymousreply 23April 3, 2024 10:54 PM

R23 Not the OP, but off the top of my head, both Four Seasons and Ritz Carleton have residences (condos) in SF.

by Anonymousreply 24April 3, 2024 11:27 PM

R22 R24

So does (did?) the SoMa Grand on Mission, at least when I lived there after buying the model PH unit when the building was finished in 2010.

Anyway, I've decided I no longer want the cleaning service.

They helped me get the house cleaned up, especially as I dealt with the side effects of a Zoloft & Ozempic combo from hell, but I don't want their regular service.

Oh, R23 I've rarely failed at anything, but tell yourself whatever you need to about strangers to make yourself feel better,

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2024 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!