Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jon Stewart mocks media meltdown over hog-tied Biden: 'Networks that show reruns on 9/11'

Jon Stewart took aim at the media's breathless meltdown caused by an automatically generated truck decal showing President Joe Biden hog-tied — and blasted networks for their shocked reaction to the image.

"I mean, I don't think it's great that Trump is posting things like this, but it's not like people really think Joe Biden was tied up in the back of that truck," he said.

"If you think that's really Joe Biden tied up on the back of the pickup truck, I don't know that you have the mental acuity to be operating a motor vehicle."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2024 12:31 PM

I didn't think that Jon Stewart was so willfully ignorant, as to ignore the significance of that decal.

Everyone knows it's fake.

How stupid does he think we are.

More important is what it symbolizes to MAGATS, and what it could and probably will motivate them to do.

Things, like an insurrection, where they sought to kill members of Congress.

Remember that little thing, Jon?

Dumb fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 11:34 AM

Jonny boy is really trying to get people to watch.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 11:34 AM

Was the issue that people believed Biden was really tied up in the back of a truck?

I thought it was about an ex-president with an irrational, angry fan-base tweeting an image that joked about violence toward a sitting president.

I don’t like media hysteria either, but if this is the best Jon Stewart can do, then his show is over already.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 11:38 AM

He's either clinically tone-deaf, or sociopathically provocative. It's obviously the sordid sadistic intent behind the graphic image which is so deplorable.

Trump clearly thought the image well worth repeating. By Stewart's 'reckoning' that it wasn't really real, much worse images might now be contrived for Trump's pass-on joy.

Let's all sit back and watch what beneficial effects that has on the political mood and discourse.

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2024 11:50 AM

The issue is Trump’s call to his hillbilly base to commit violence if Trump doesn’t get his way. You know, Jon, something that literally already happened?

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 11:50 AM

Next week's episode...

Stewart and Bill Maher jerk each other off as they discuss how great a new Trump presidency will mean for their ratings.

....Stop watching these scumbags and giving them the attention they so desperately crave.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 11:54 AM

Too bad the shooter didn't find his target in R7.

But not even R7's mother would miss him.

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 12:03 PM

People clearly didn't have the mental acuity when Kathy Griffin posted the Trump decapitated picture, but look where that got her...

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2024 12:06 PM

R7 is obviously referring to the shooting of Steve Scalise.

We all know Steve Scalise is a member of the laughingly titled group "Freedom Caucus." Scalise has no problem denying ordinary citizens of medical insurance/medical coverage, but has no problem of availing him and his entire family of taxpayer funded, first class healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2024 12:15 PM

Jon Stewart needs to take his media buddies to task for the way they cover politics and stop with this bullshit. How could he be so tone deaf. R3, I agree.

I refer to them as the Treason Caucus. I wonder if Jonny realizes that if these monsters get back into the WH, people like him will be among the first casualties when they come for the media. And they will.

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2024 12:55 PM

Hmm Let's revisit what happened to Kathy Griffin when she held a Trump Halloween mask covered in Ketchup with a knife. Trump was outraged. She was investigated as a threat, put on a no fly list, her life was made a living hell. At the very least the same should happen to Trump for posting it.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2024 1:06 PM

As if we needed any more proof that Jon Stewart has jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2024 3:01 PM

R7 believes the January 6th Capitol "visitors" were harmless and simply there for a tour of the building.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2024 3:33 PM

[quote] The last time someone tried to kill members of Congress the shooter was a lefty activist

Oh were these lefty activists Defacto?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 4:41 PM

Jon Stewart is one of the main reasons we got stuck with Trump. He, Colbert, and a host of comedians thought it would be just fucking hysterical if Trump ran, and once he descended his golden escalator and announced, they all ran for the hills.

Stewart (and Colbert, who I'll cut some slack for his righteous opposition to Trump once he landed at CBS) knew they had young people's attention from when they got them all to their stupid little DC rally (and then did nothing with the movement), and after egging Trump on, he left the children not knowing just how awful, destructive and dangerous a Trump presidency would be. Well, because fewer people than fit in any NFL stadium on any given Sunday decided not to vote for Hillary (which Stewart thought had it in the bag), we got Trump. And those 90,000 votes spread across three states? All three states with high student and young people constituencies, who had Stewart been anchoring The Daily Show, would have mocked and mitigated the email crap, that Comey coming out 11 days before the election to re-open the FBI investigation of Hillary's emails was based on lies and clear election meddling, exposed obvious Russian collusion, and how important it was for young women in particular to get out and vote.

But nope. Stewart ran off to New Jersey to rescue Pit Bulls. And in the process, watched as Trump turned the GOP and SCOTUS into uncontrollable pit bulls out to wreck 250 years of American democracy, progress and freedom.

Fuck Jon Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2024 4:48 PM

R16, your assertion that Jon Stewart single-handedly gave America Trump is…..simple.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2024 7:29 PM

He's such a crank now. Just like Bill Mahr.

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2024 7:44 PM

It’s not the real Joe Biden?

Oh, thank God. I was so worried for Dr. Jill and Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2024 7:55 PM

I wonder —maybe the head Kathy Griffin was holding was a fake?

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2024 7:56 PM

Grateful Stewart is only once a week-Our Democracy can’t afford any more of his”help”

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2024 8:03 PM

Hi, I'm R17, and I have reading comprehension issues. Can someone explain "one of the main reasons..." to me?

by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2024 1:27 AM

Here's a funny onion cartoon where they call him a hack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 3, 2024 5:08 AM

This is not the first time Stewart has gone easy on Trump lately.

by Anonymousreply 24April 3, 2024 6:37 AM

He was mocking the networks, which routinely air violent and provocative content, for claiming the decal was too disturbing to display during their reporting of the story. I don’t think he’s totally wrong.

by Anonymousreply 25April 3, 2024 7:06 AM

He missed the point.

by Anonymousreply 26April 3, 2024 7:08 AM

He's morphed into Bill Maher.

by Anonymousreply 27April 3, 2024 7:19 AM

Is it not tiring to always have to take the contrarian stance and pretend that he is the only one brave enough to do it? I can say from my perspective he's tiresome (and Bill Maher for much the same reasons).

That acquaintance in college who managed wedge into every conversation that he was now going 'to play the devil's advocate'? He was an asshole then (and probably still.) Like that asshole, Jon Stewart ran out of the fuel of fresh perspective years ago and now all he has is a cranky old man act.

by Anonymousreply 28April 3, 2024 7:40 AM

R16 LORD. You really think THAT'S the reason Trump was elected? That's hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 29April 3, 2024 11:31 AM

Aside from Colbert, I hate all these political comedians. They are--to quote Madonna--reductive. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2024 12:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!