Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Instacart driver fatally shoots dog belonging to actor Angie Harmon

Actor Angie Harmon, known for roles on "Law & Order" and "Rizolli & Isles," said Monday that an Instacart driver fatally shot one of her dogs during a weekend stop at her home.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police confirmed elements of her story, saying in a statement that no arrests have been made, no charges have been recommended, and further witnesses will not be sought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 4, 2024 2:06 AM

Was it a rescue dog?

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 4:08 AM

Shithole country

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 4:11 AM

If a dog is running at you to attack you, what should you do, Angie? "No, no, growling puppy, stay sweet!" and get your face mauled off?

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 4:11 AM

If there was no recording of what happened and no signs of attack on the driver, why automatically take his word?

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2024 4:17 AM

If there was no recording of what happened and no signs of attack on the driver, why automatically take her word? Why would an Instacart driver just randomly shoot a dog unprovoked?

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 4:20 AM

The pigs can’t do anything because then they’d have to address the crime of all the dogs they shoot unprovoked

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 4:22 AM

Found the ammosexual R3 R5

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 4:23 AM

So she flew to Instagram to share it with the world!

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 4:30 AM

So a delivery driver goes to deliver food and comes face to face with a German shepherd? Who's job it is to protect the house against would-be intruder (aka the delivery driver)?

I wouldn't shoot the dog (I could never hurt a dog), but I would be fucking pissed off if that was me delivering the food. I think when we order food to be delivered the least we can do is not have our dogs inside the house.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2024 4:33 AM

Last line should read: "...the least we can do is have our dogs inside the house."

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2024 4:33 AM

It wasn’t a German Shepherd.

Yeah, of course this bitch is lying. The driver packing heat is just a Good Samaritan

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2024 4:36 AM

R5 have you met men?

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2024 4:36 AM

I bet the driver was some redneck asshole just looking for an excuse to use his gun. I know numerous people like that.

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2024 4:38 AM

I would have shot the dog too. My life is more important than that of the small brained beast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2024 4:39 AM

r14 Oh, please. When my dog was alive, I routinely carried pepper spray and a horn to ward off coyotes when I walked her. I would never shoot a dog unless it's an absolute last resort because it's gone full-blown Cujo. Frankly, I felt sorry for the dog in Cujo. The book makes you feel even worse for the dog because it's told from Cujo's perspective.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 4:50 AM

It’s odd that she still lives in Charlotte. She obviously moved there to be with soap actor Greg Vaughn and they were engaged but called it off in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2024 4:55 AM

Angie moved there when she was married to Jason Sehorn. Maybe she likes the place.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2024 4:59 AM

R11 in the article is says that Harmon had previously described the dog as a German shepherd.

Whatever the breed, a dog was clearly roaming the property when the driver delivered the food. I am NOT condoning shooting a dog.

I assume one of these two things happened:

1. Delivery driver goes to drop off food and suddenly a dog is there. The dog threatens him in some manner. He shoots the dog before it attacks or while it's attacking.

OR

2. The guy is some psycho who kills dogs randomly.

Not condoning shooting a dog (ever), but if it's the former (or some iteration) that happened? It's Angie Harmon's fault the dog is dead. The delivery driver has a right to protect himself. I wish he would have just run away from the dog, of course. That's what I would have done. But, again, had the dog been inside this tragedy doesn't happen.

If it's the latter, then the delivery driver is evil and I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2024 5:01 AM

Angie's a MAGAt so fuck her and the German Shepherd she rode in on.

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2024 5:06 AM

Deepthroating dog killers. This is DL now :(

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2024 5:10 AM

Angie is not a MAGAT.

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2024 5:13 AM

If the police are pursuing nothing about this, I'm thinking Angie was responsible for not controlling her big dog. Fuck her. The guy was terrorized and the dog shot dead.

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2024 5:15 AM

Looking at the pictures and video of this dog and seeing Angie's friends say how sweet it was, I am still going with redneck asshole.

by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2024 5:16 AM

She is totally a MAGAT.

by Anonymousreply 24April 2, 2024 5:17 AM

I do not atomically trust the police. Too many of them are MAGATs.

by Anonymousreply 25April 2, 2024 5:18 AM

^ automatically

by Anonymousreply 26April 2, 2024 5:18 AM

Yes, I’m sure the police really thought hard and weighed up all the facts of the case R22

by Anonymousreply 27April 2, 2024 5:22 AM

She describes herself as a “liberal Republican” who likes “ta geighs.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 2, 2024 5:24 AM

I still like (GQP notwithstanding) huh, and think the delivery boy should be tortured to death.

by Anonymousreply 29April 2, 2024 5:26 AM

Wasn’t Charlotte Mecklenburg the wife of George III?

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2024 5:27 AM

I think Trump made her leave the party. This was last year:

"But I can say now that I don’t belong to either party."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 2, 2024 5:29 AM

Team delivery driver. Ordering food is the same as inviting someone over. The owner had an obligation to make sure the dog was secured, especially considering it was a German Shepard. I can't believe she accused him of shooting the dog because he noticed there was no camera. Way to assume that a complete stranger is a calculating psychopath. Does she think he moves through the world looking for an opportunity to shoot a dog? I also hate her for arguing that shouldn't have shot the dog because the dog didn't bite him yet. He was supposed to let the dog rip his testicles off before he shot it? I generally like dogs but I would kill one in a second if I felt threatened.

by Anonymousreply 32April 2, 2024 7:04 AM

Full disclosure, I have delivered food before and that's making it easier to accept the driver's story at face value. People don't really care about the people delivering their food. It's very possible she knew the dog was roaming the yard and just thought "fuck it, who cares".

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2024 7:09 AM

According to Angie, the man delivered the groceries, then shot the dog on his way back to his car. That seems strange to me. Also, the man was working under someone else's Instacart account, so that's shady.

by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2024 7:16 AM

Amazing she didn't, according to HER TEXAS LAW, shoot the cunt?

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2024 7:23 AM

How sad. Too many guns are available. I guess the Instacart drivers are packing heat like Uber drivers. I can also see the necessary reason to carry a gun in those jobs. I get Instacart 2x a week because I’m a fat old ho. I have 2 terriers and they bark , trying to look vicious. I’ve worked in vet med for over 30 years and some dogs are intimidating. I’ve had to go to farm calls many times with dogs roaming around. One farm had all anatolians roaming around quietly and I had to freeze and let them smell me if they weren’t showing aggression. It was a tense moment but I’m not a gun toting redneck with an itchy trigger finger. The smaller dogs can sometimes be aggressive. Perhaps it was a dog with a fighting appearance. For instance my friend has a staffy. He lives in England, but if he lived here I would worry. I leave my 2 terrier doggies out but usually I receive my fat whore nutrients at a place where they have no access. If it’s storming or super cold I will ask the Instacart guy/girl to come to another gate where my dogs are, but they can’t touch the Instacart driver even though they bark so much and jump around.

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2024 7:38 AM

R33, I was a delivery guy for a restaurant years and years ago. No one loves dogs more than me, but I HATED them when I had that job. So fucking stressful whenever one was in the yard of a house I was delivering to.

It was never the dog's fault when they barked and gnashed their teeth. They're just being dogs. And I was a stranger on their turf. But it was the dog owner's fault. Full stop.

And if I was delivering today? And for sure if I was an Uber driver? Well, I am very anti gun, but I might actually reconsider. It's gotta be scary out there.

by Anonymousreply 37April 2, 2024 7:43 AM

Left the party = 1 or more daughters doesn’t like “ta guys”

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2024 8:40 AM

“My Journey—-How Hitler has Made Me an Independent Voter”

by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2024 9:33 AM

What a strange story. I for one find it strange the driver would be carrying a gun. If they feel they can’t deliver, why cant they text the customer to come get it or secure the dog? That would be the thing to do….

by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2024 5:49 PM

If this happened like Angie said, the driver didn’t encounter the dog until after they’d dropped off the groceries and were headed back to the car. They likely didn’t know there even was a dog until then.

Honestly, all she can sue for is the value of the dog, as property. Maybe a $1000 for a purebred GS but if I were the small claims judge hearing her case I’d deny her claim. NC is a zero liability state, which means that if you as the plaintiff are even 1% responsible, you get nothing in a civil case. It could easily be argued that any logical person would bring their German Shepard, second only to pit bulls in terms of attacks by number in America, inside when they are expecting a delivery of the sort like Instacart in which that you know they'll show up in a relatively small time window.

by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2024 7:36 PM

R41, I agree.

Also, just because the driver may have already dropped off the food before the incident, doesn't mean the dog still didn't pose a threat. Maybe the dog was in the back, heard commotion, and approached the driver after he'd dropped off the food? The threat, therefore, would still be there regardless of where the driver was in the delivery process.

I also think it's weird he had a gun, R40. It's either a safety issue (which seems drastic, but reasonable I guess...especially for NC) or he's a gun loving nut.

So many more questions need to be answered before we know what's up.

by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2024 7:54 PM

I would have been more inclined to consider the driver's point of view if he hadn't said "Yeah, I did, I shot your fucking dog!"

Something wrong with that person. Sounds like an ammosexual on a tear.

by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2024 8:01 PM

It's a small Shiba Inu looking thing. It might have bitten the Instacart guy's ankles.

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2024 8:11 PM

Will there be a necropsy?

by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2024 8:12 PM

That dog looked like it might be a mixed pit bull breed. If it wasn't restrained and muzzled, the beast efinitely deserved to be shot.

by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2024 8:12 PM

r46 I did something I never do... I forgot the d

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2024 8:13 PM

Nothing weird about Instacart delivering under another shoppers name. Husbands/wives/partners can pick up several orders and work together, the shopper's name can be listed as either one.

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2024 8:18 PM

R43 I agree that's a shitty thing to say. Almost taunting.

But I do know when I was a delivery driver and came face to face with a threatening dog? My adrenaline was at a ten before and a long time after the "face off". I was never exactly happy with situation. In fact, I would be pissed. Any my anger was always directed at the owner who clearly put both me and the dog in a shitty situation.

I could totally see myself taking a cheap shot at the owner's expense for sure.

by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2024 9:20 PM

Those who carry guns want to use them. When you’re a hammer everything looks like a nail. What a lawless, testerical shithole this country is.

by Anonymousreply 50April 3, 2024 4:41 AM

Dollface dead.

by Anonymousreply 51April 3, 2024 5:23 AM

Sorry but it is reasonable to shoot any aggressive dog because of their mouth bacteria. That's why I hope Chris Evans won't buy another mutt when his current one dies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 3, 2024 8:16 AM

I’m on the drivers side. Put your beasts away if you’re getting a delivery.

by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2024 9:10 AM

R53 Nevermind, I reacted based on the headline and this story has a lot of weird detail. Correction - I want to be on the drivers side because I have a personal issue with irresponsible dog owners.

by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2024 9:12 AM

My new favorite word!!

by Anonymousreply 55April 4, 2024 2:03 AM

I read that as Put Your Breasts Away. I see an aging horny plastic surgical real housewife type flashing the deliverer because she’s so lonely….

by Anonymousreply 56April 4, 2024 2:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!