Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mediocre in the Middle: Frankie Muniz Spills about On-set Drama, Career Regrets

While doing promos for "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here - The Australian Edition" (I know, I know), Frankie dishes a little about the on-set drama he experienced while making that awful sitcom of his. It made him rich, and took him to the heights of...reality TV in Australia...but he still swears he'll never let his own child work in showbiz.

And of course he doesn't say who caused all the on-set tension. Any guesses as to who that might be?

This reminds me of that fat kid from the Charlie Sheen show, who cashed a decade's worth of CBS paychecks before finding Jesus and quitting a show he suddenly realized was foul. Child actors are so fucking stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2024 6:44 PM

Frankie has always been cute

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2024 12:42 AM

"The older they get, the cuter they ain't." -- Selma, to Patty

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2024 12:47 AM

I wouldn't call it an awful sitcom. It certainly was too obnoxious and loud, but it was intelligently written, and could often be quite funny.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2024 12:48 AM

Did he ever make it with Justin Berfield or Christopher Masterson?

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2024 1:15 AM

Linwood Boomer was producer??

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 1:56 AM

For years he said he didn’t have any memory of making the show so it seems suspicious he now recalls on-set drama. That said, my money is on Jane Kaczmarek. She held up the show for money negotiations and when she came back the chemistry between the cast was never the same.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 4:42 AM

Is he the one with the massive cock?

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 4:49 AM

Has he commented on Danny Masterson (Christopher's relative) in any way?

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 8:27 AM

Beautiful eyes

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2024 9:01 AM

He is the exact opposite of BDF. He defines SDF with the small facial features, round head and tiny ears.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2024 9:26 AM

Jane Kaczmarek is the drama. It's well known in Hollywood that she's a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2024 9:37 AM

I could be wrong but I don't recall him being absent in any of the episodes. There were a few clip shows but I doubt those had anything to do with him storming off set.

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2024 10:45 AM

Oz comedian Luke Heggie calls I'm a Celebrity "a who's that of Australian showbiz".

Even we can't identify most of the local "celebrities". Fortunately, when they arrive on set the program helpfully screams, "Oooh! It's Frankie Muniz from Malcolm in the Middle!!!"

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2024 1:03 PM

I just know it isn't Bryan Cranston because he's hot AF.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2024 3:04 PM

Good call, r14! Hot men NEVER cause drama!

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 3:44 PM

R11 Evidently, she caused a shutdown early in one season by pretending to be sick. She was in contract renegotiations, and holding out for more money. Her asshole husband did the same thing with the cast of The West Wing, and the agent who advised him to do that also told her to do likewise and get a bigger paycheck. Sleazy fucks.

by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2024 6:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!