Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LIZA RUINED MY MARRIAGE!

There were three people in my marriage, though I didn't realise it at first. And over time that person became the most important in our love triangle.

When my partner and I were dating, I found it endearing that he baked a cake for his work colleagues replete with candles and sparklers for Liza’s birthday. That his niece’s name was Liza with a 'z'.

It was only when I moved into his home that I finally understood the intensity of his fandom. On every wall were large-scale photographs of Liza Minnelli. There was even a room dedicated to the American actor, singer and dancer.

At our wedding, there was a flower from her wedding to American producer David Guest the year before. A fan had stolen it and sent it to Australia. My husband-to-be wanted it in my bridal bouquet.

After we got married and I became pregnant, Liza complicated things still further.

I had to negotiate for her collection room to be dismantled to make way for our baby. Eventually, Winnie the Pooh moved in and Liza moved to the garage.

But larger-than-life images of her still adorned every wall of our living spaces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 3, 2024 1:55 AM

My husband was desperate for a daughter and only selected girls' names. I had to persuade him not to choose the name Liza; we already had one in the family.

A week before the birth in 1999 I introduced the concept that our baby may be a boy. Our son was born soon after, to the initial great disappointment of my husband.

As I breastfed my newborn, who has his dad's brown eyes, he would gaze up at Liza's big brown eyes on the wall.

My blue eyes tried and failed to connect with my baby as I wondered: 'does he know who his mother is?'

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2024 11:55 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2024 11:55 PM

Hunny, your husband is a DLer. Sorry to break it to ya!

by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2024 11:55 PM

He's queer, DAHRLING!

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2024 11:56 PM

This can't be real.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2024 12:01 AM

I hate April Fools Day

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2024 12:03 AM

Hilarious. I'm dead. Happy April Fools!

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2024 12:03 AM

It reminds me from the "Gay" episode of Kath & Kim. Kath is suddenly afraid that her fiancé, Kel, is gay.

She later concludes he [italic]couldn't[/italic] actually be gay because, after all, "he loves Barbra Streisand!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2024 12:03 AM

Lawd. Lawd lawd. I would almost think this was an onion article. Perhaps he is not a big Mo, but he probably is.

😂 Thank you for posting this OP.

by Anonymousreply 9April 2, 2024 12:03 AM

Hey hun, call me. I’ll tell you what your husband is.

by Anonymousreply 10April 2, 2024 12:04 AM

Is your husband the YouTube kaween who sang "Over the Rainbow" while animated bluebirds circled his head?

by Anonymousreply 11April 2, 2024 12:05 AM

Oh curshe thish fatal charishma that ruinsh sho many marriagesh!

by Anonymousreply 12April 2, 2024 12:07 AM

Shorry!

by Anonymousreply 13April 2, 2024 12:10 AM

The husband sounds like the type of guy Liza would marry.

by Anonymousreply 14April 2, 2024 12:17 AM

Dear, I do believe your husband is involved in some homosexual activities.

by Anonymousreply 15April 2, 2024 12:21 AM

Get over it, Georgia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 2, 2024 12:23 AM

[quote]At our wedding, there was a flower from her wedding to American producer David Guest the year before.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 17April 2, 2024 3:11 AM

Your husband’s a fag, dear.

A cookie smeller, a fudge packer, light in the loafers, a shirt lifter, a poof, a Nancy, a friend of Judy’s!

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2024 3:16 AM

This is a joke, right?

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2024 4:08 AM

That link must be something like "The Onion"--looks like real news but is fake.

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2024 4:08 AM

Published 1 April 2024 5:45am

Get it?

by Anonymousreply 21April 2, 2024 4:14 AM

Is this from the Onion?

by Anonymousreply 22April 2, 2024 4:16 AM

This is hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 23April 2, 2024 5:34 AM

I feel a Sudden Storm coming on, John. Are you kidding me??

by Anonymousreply 24April 2, 2024 8:59 AM

Well we know what Liza did to poor David with that lamp!

by Anonymousreply 25April 2, 2024 12:06 PM

[Quote]Is this from the Onion?

It'sh from the shpring onion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 2, 2024 3:07 PM

The original article was already removed, curse it!

by Anonymousreply 27April 2, 2024 3:10 PM

Even if fake it was still a funny clever little April fools joke. The entire story had me dead. Coworkers was looking at me like I’m crazy.

by Anonymousreply 28April 3, 2024 1:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!