Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shakira Says ‘Barbie’ Movie ‘Emasculated’ Her Sons

The “Hips Don’t Lie” singer said her sons “hated” the ‘Barbie’ movie because pop culture should “empower women without robbing men of their possibility to be men.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 1, 2024 11:04 PM

I always liked her. But oh boy is she going to get shit for that.

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2024 5:25 PM

No-talent tax fraud says what?

by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2024 5:29 PM

The movie was about a doll. It wasn’t some massive life lesson.

Also, even if it was seen that way, it’s “message” was so convoluted as to be incomprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2024 5:31 PM

Motherfucker. My iPhone changed its to “it’s,” I changed it back, and then didn’t the motherfucker change it back AGAIN?

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2024 5:32 PM

Men have enjoyed several thousand years of being in charge of pretty much everything. And a two-hour movie about a plastic toy somehow emasculated these guys? They sound fragile.

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2024 5:33 PM

How is this bitch even relevant? She's had one actual hit in the U.S., and that was decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2024 5:35 PM

She's an even bigger idiot than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2024 5:38 PM

Let’s watch women tear into Shakira because they disagree with her. Women don’t support women.

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2024 5:39 PM

The overrated movie wasn't even that empowering to women, how? Half was about Ken.

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2024 5:41 PM

[quote] Let’s watch women tear into Shakira because they disagree with her. Women don’t support women.

Are you implying that men automatically support each other whether or not they agree with each other?

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2024 5:43 PM

Oh please the fucking movie wasn't even about Barbie. It was about KEN.

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2024 5:44 PM

I'm amazed at the lack of security boys and men over their own sexuality when it comes to "Barbie."

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2024 5:44 PM

The tougher they present, the more fragile their masculinity is

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2024 5:45 PM

She's not wrong. The movie was a anti-men and made men an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2024 5:46 PM

Shady bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2024 5:46 PM

[quote] Men have enjoyed several thousand years of being in charge of pretty much everything.

Shut the fuck up, cis scum!

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2024 5:47 PM

[quote] Women don’t support women.

Women are obnoxious and catty. Women don’t want to work with women for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2024 5:47 PM

I wonder how she feels about those who say a boy should have a father and not be raised by a single mother.

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2024 5:49 PM

She's right.

That movie was a fucking pink nightmare.

It was DOG SHIT.

And it got "rewarded" accordingly by the Academy, with ZERO wins.

It never should have been nominated in the first place.

The movie was nothing but hype, and people bought into it because there was nothing else to watch last Summer, coupled by a $150,000,000 advertising campaign to brainwash people into seeing it.

Tons of commercial, cross-promotion with other companies, and lots of colorful commercials just added to the super over-drive hype, that boosted ticket sales.

But once people watched the movie, they realized that there was no "there, there." The Empress had no clothes.

It was a preachy, "female power" mess of a movie, that alienated men and that boys had zero interest in watching.

So yes, Shakira is right.

by Anonymousreply 19April 1, 2024 5:50 PM

R19 It's one thing to hate the movie, but to feel emasculated by it is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2024 5:51 PM

She just jealous because she wasn't involved in it.

Loser bitch.

by Anonymousreply 21April 1, 2024 5:52 PM

The very obvious flipside of the feminism message in Barbie is that society compartmentalizes men into a few prescribed boxes, too. Not every man is into golf, or whiskey, or football, or heterosexuality, etc. It said men should be able to choose who they want to be and not who society deems 'normal'. It wasn't a perfect movie, but I really don't understand how some people totally missed the point that it was as pro male as it was pro female.

by Anonymousreply 22April 1, 2024 5:53 PM

Good. I hope her two boys are prancing around her like little fairies.

by Anonymousreply 23April 1, 2024 5:58 PM

She’s Colombian right?

She’s prob a homophobe

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2024 6:02 PM

Four words...late to the game.

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2024 6:04 PM

Why would she take her sons to see " Barbie"?

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2024 6:05 PM

[quote] Why would she take her sons to see " Barbie"?

Were there PSAs warning against it that she ignored?

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2024 6:07 PM

In today's installment of meaningless D-list celebrity complaints.

Okay, in fairness, she's C-list, maybe B-list on a great day.

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2024 6:08 PM

R12 you must be kidding. We’ve had to hear screeching about the “patriarchy” for decades. It’s annoying.

by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2024 6:08 PM

[quote] Why would she take her sons to see " Barbie"?

Same reason everyone else went to see it.

HYPE.

The media hype made it seem like Barbie Dog Shit was the "Must See Movie" of the Summer of 2023.

It turns out that Oppenheimer was the movie of substance from last Summer, and Barbie was nothing more than the creation of media buzz and hype.

Everyone I know who saw it, was greatly disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2024 6:25 PM

I haven't seen, and I'm not planning to see, either one.

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2024 6:35 PM

Shakira makes me sick. Ever since Pique cheated on her, she's been running around with her girl power songs, but she had zero problem "stealing" Pique away from his girlfriend years ago, and Shakira was engaged and dumped her fiance of 12 years for Pique. I hate to use the word "stealing" because cheaters chose to do it, but you know what I mean. Anyway, this bitch only thinks cheating is wrong when she's the one being hurt/losing. She's even released songs in the past (in spanish) about how she's so young and pretty, and that a man should leave his hag wife for her)

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2024 6:36 PM

[quote]… and made men an afterthought.

Oh no! Were you not front and center? Poor baby!

by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2024 6:39 PM

Those boys look emasculated from birth. I don't think it was the movie.

by Anonymousreply 34April 1, 2024 6:40 PM

Bitch @R19 has got [bold]ISSUES[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 35April 1, 2024 6:42 PM

Will no one hurry up and make a movie with men in it?! Think of the children!

by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2024 6:52 PM

This shit is like catnip for conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 37April 1, 2024 6:58 PM

This bitch is crazy. She trolled her mother-in-law by putting up a witch doll that stared at her MIL’s house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 1, 2024 7:04 PM

R38 That's pretty damn funny. I laughed. As a guy who hasn't been around his partner's family in 3 years, for reasons, I get it.

by Anonymousreply 39April 1, 2024 7:43 PM

[quote] This shit is like catnip for conservatives.

I was going to say this thread is catnip for DL’s women.

by Anonymousreply 40April 1, 2024 7:52 PM

I didn't follow this movies numbers through various markets, did it do poorly in most countries where machismo is the cultural norm?

by Anonymousreply 41April 1, 2024 7:52 PM

She comes off as quite childish at best and slightly loca.

by Anonymousreply 42April 1, 2024 7:57 PM

She comes off as quite childish at best and slightly loca.

by Anonymousreply 43April 1, 2024 7:57 PM

“Barbie” is the shittiest movie ever made. There are women talking about being changed by the film, “I didn’t know that I could say no to a man.” The fuck are these dumb broads coming from?

by Anonymousreply 44April 1, 2024 8:41 PM

There's a reason she disappeared for 15 years..

by Anonymousreply 45April 1, 2024 8:47 PM

Wasn’t she supposed to be in jail in Spain for tax evasion?

by Anonymousreply 46April 1, 2024 8:59 PM

Putting her kids in those matching Elton John-style jackets in OP's photo would emasculate them more than taking them to see any movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 1, 2024 9:07 PM

Of course by clicking on the article you actually read:

the singer said her sons “felt that [the movie] was emasculating,” and she agrees with them to a “certain extent.”

by Anonymousreply 48April 1, 2024 9:08 PM

R1 here....loving the collective tantrum ...keep it going.

by Anonymousreply 49April 1, 2024 9:10 PM

I wonder what the Spanish word the kids used to describe the film to her. I'm thinking a click bait translation may be at work here, though I stand by what I said at r42. That was about the Post article.

by Anonymousreply 50April 1, 2024 9:51 PM

The Barbie movie emasculated your boys? Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 1, 2024 9:58 PM

I'm sure both the boys know what " emasculating" means.

by Anonymousreply 52April 1, 2024 10:04 PM

R47 I browsed those pics of Elton and was shocked by how thin he once was. His looks peaked at Crocodile Rock. He's been a fat sweaty mess for decades now. The boys' jackets are a bit odd, but maybe that's the style in Spain? Nice looking boys though.

by Anonymousreply 53April 1, 2024 10:28 PM

Cunt, shut your fucking mouth, FISH, and pay your damned taxes!!!

by Anonymousreply 54April 1, 2024 10:39 PM

I see R54 is a huge feminist and Barbie fan!

by Anonymousreply 55April 1, 2024 10:41 PM

Actually, I am, but country-jumping to avoid paying taxes is fucking high on my list of “fuck you-s.”

Especially when you’re rich as shit.

by Anonymousreply 56April 1, 2024 10:46 PM

The Lopez-Anthony and Affleck kids loved it!

by Anonymousreply 57April 1, 2024 10:56 PM

R34, Colombia has more progressive gay laws than we (in the States do).

by Anonymousreply 58April 1, 2024 11:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!