Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

17 YO “Killer Jock” bully beat 16 YO kid to death at party and bragged about it.

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 6, 2024 6:11 AM

'Killer jock, 17, boasted "I guess I'm just too strong" after helping beat boy, 16, to death at Arizona house party': Bullies 'then danced on dying teen's body and pretended to rape him'

Is our sick culture raising a general of feral kids who lack compassion, humanity and a conscience? They kill and assault folks and then brag about it on social media. So sad, SMH.

His father is a millionaire who was gonna cover for him.

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2024 9:31 AM

Awful story, but reading a handful of terrible stories and then assuming they represent a trend without doing the tiniest bit of research is so lazy, r1. Are you a Fox News viewer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2024 9:39 AM

and...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2024 9:39 AM

I hope this sadistic fuck has his asshole torn apart daily in prison for the rest of his miserable life.

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2024 10:07 AM

[quote]I hope this sadistic fuck has his asshole torn apart daily in prison for the rest of his miserable life.

Something tells me he'd enjoy that.

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2024 10:39 AM

[quote] 'Killer jock, 17, boasted "I guess I'm just too strong" after helping beat boy, 16, to death at Arizona house party': Bullies 'then danced on dying teen's body and "humped" him'

Talan Renner, 17, reportedly boasted to Snapchat friends after throwing 'hammer punches' on Preston Lord at the bash in Gilbert, Arizona, in October 2023. He wrote: I got in a fight, a big group fight and I accidentally killed a kid. I guess I'm just too strong.'

Renner and six other alleged bullies have been arrested over the death of Lord, who died of a brain injury two days after the beating. Police records allege one unnamed boy danced on the dying teen's body shortly after the beating, while others performed 'humping' - simulated rape acts - to further degrade their victim.

Newly-released communications said to be between Renner and friends offer a chilling insight into the aftermath of the deadly beating, AZFamily reported.

Renner allegedly couldn't help but brag after Lord was killed, texting fellow suspect Taylor Sherman to say: 'I might have hospitalized that kid. I hit him pretty hard.'

The millionaire gym owners' son is also said to have shown a video of the fatal beating he'd recorded on his phone to friends while declaring: 'Oh, I put this kid on life support.'

More messages were sent two days after the attack. 'Bro, that kid died,' one said. 'Tresty or Talan might be getting charged with murder,' said another - referencing Treston Billey, who had allegedly stomped on Preston's head.

All seven suspects have pleaded not guilty, but not before Talan Renner's parents allegedly tried to plot an escape from justice for their son.

Ashley Reynolds, who worked for Talan's father Travis Renner, has claimed she was an unwilling participant in a coverup that allegedly began as soon as Preston was critically injured.

The former employee at Relentless Media Agency told Arizona Republic that her bosses Renner and Adam Kifer, CEO of Relentless Media Agency, openly discussed their plans to hide evidence and shift blame on another boy with a 'similar name.'

Travis Renner and his business partner reportedly plotted to bring Talan to a cabin until the injuries he sustained while handing out the beating healed. Detectives recorded that Renner's family had 'financial means to aid in fleeing to Mexico' and he was taken out of the Phoenix area after the attack on Preston.

Phoenix police had to apologize earlier this month after Talan's parents Becky and Travis Renner received special valet parking services from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office cops.

A deputy was seen pulling the millionaire gym owners' white Tesla Model X into a private car park so they could avoid running a gauntlet of journalists.

Authorities took months to name the suspects, with enraged locals who demanded justice and claimed the young boys' powerful families were preventing justice from being served.

Renner's other son Kyler is said to be a violent bully too. He has been charged in connection with two separate gang attacks at a parking garage and a house party in 2022.

Travis Renner was also arrested in January on suspicion of drug possession and paraphernalia charges while his son Kyler was taken into custody over the gang violence claims.

Travis Renner's other son Kyler has been charged in connection with two gang attacks at a parking garage and a house party in 2022 Aside from Talan, there has been damning evidence presented against all seven of the accused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2024 10:40 AM

In the 1,100 page police report that was released on Wednesday, March 28, a digital trail of evidence was presented. The snapchats, videos, pictures, phone calls and texts from October 28 allowed investigators to piece together the night.

Over 40 minutes of 911 calls were made - the first ones were to report the out-of-control house party that hosted 'at least 250 kids.'

Another person who called 911 claimed the party-goers were armed, 'Someone's going to get hurt. Someone's going to get killed,' the caller said. 'These kids have weapons on them.'

After the deadly fight, a fleet of 911 calls came through saying that a teen was attacked and that people were doing CPR.

Callers told 911 dispatchers that the group of attackers had ski masks on and estimated there was 'like 15' of them.

Investigators believe that the fight broke out over a gold chain after 'D Money', later identified as Dominic Turner, ripped the chain off.

Along with Talan's vile confession that he killed Preston because he was 'just too strong,' other members of the gang also fired off incriminating messages, according to the police report.

Talyn Vigil said in a Snapchat conversation that 'I hit a kid and this kid hit his head... and then they kicked his head in the ground and then I got word he died so idk.'

William Hines told police officers, 'Straight up bro, I was drunk, heat of the moment, I kicked him one time and I kicked his leg.'

Taylor Sherman told officers that he, Renner, Meisner and Turner got in his car and took off after the fight.

When the group were in the car, Talan allegedly said 'I might have hospitalized that kid,' and 'I hit him pretty hard.'

Each of the seven suspects are now facing a first-degree murder charge and a kidnapping charge.

Treston Billey, Jacob Meisner and Dominic Turner are also facing charges of aggravated robbery.

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2024 10:40 AM

Thug. Animal. Psychopath.

Unfortunately he's another Brock Turner, so his daddy will make sure he never sees the inside of a prison which he deserves. And his mama bear will make excuses about her sweet, misunderstood son. He'll get married in a few years and go on to become a drunk and a wife abuser.

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2024 10:51 AM

God what a horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2024 10:52 AM

R2, R3 you can post all the articles you want, but here's the truth, crime is rising where I live. I never used to know anyone who had their cars broken into, or their cars stolen. But now, we have to lock our cars - and we live out in the country. People come up to our homes, that are on 2 or more acres and either break into our vehicles/homes or steal our cars.

This NEVER used to happen 10 years ago. Now it happens every week. My Aunt is a teacher and the violence in school has skyrocketed in the past 10 years. She says it is unbelievable. The amount of violence towards teachers is sickening.

Crime has increased, but they're calculating it differently. There is an agenda to calculate it differently. I live outside of Atlanta and every week they find someone dead in their cars on the sides of the interstates. It's part of gang initiation or gang related. The police says gangs are out of control. The police say crime is increasing.

So post all those stupid articles, but I know what I and what everyone else I know has experienced in the past few years. We don't have an agenda. We just don't want t be crime victims anymore. We want to be safe when we leave our homes. I lived in NYC for most of my life and Atlanta reminds me of living in NYC. You can't even leave a nickel in your car, or some drug addict will smash the window to get the nickel. People don't even call the police anymore on most crime.

Do you know that many police officers don't even arrest people for hit and run accidents anymore? They don't. On the west coast, most police departments don't even respond to car accidents unless someone has been injured. That's a FACT. I know this because I work for an insurance company and I see these claims. I also see property claims where the police departments don't respond to home break ins anymore. They tell the people to come by the police departmentile a report and the police will give them a form to give to the insurance company. Most of those don't get counted in the crime statistics.

It's a FACT that drug addiction has skyrocketed. And it's a FACT that drug addiction leads to crime. So, yes crime has gone up. But a large majority of crimes are not included in the crime statistics and also because many judges are basically legalizing crime from the bench. They drop a lot of the charges if the people go to rehab. Those crimes still happened, but they're not counted in the crime statistics.

A friend's daughter was molested by an illegal alien and he wouldn't take a plea deal, so they're releasing him to Immigration and Custom's inforcement. So his crime isn't part of the statistics. And of course, there's a hold on deportations. Even if they do deport him, he'll just come back. No one is going to stop him coming into the country.

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2024 11:07 AM

Sounds like that "illegal alien" and Brick Turner should be BFFs.

Both got off way too easy after they abused some girls.

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2024 11:20 AM

So the parents raised two violent, sociopathic sons named "Talan" and "Kyler." Someone please remove them all from the gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2024 11:27 AM

[quote]you can post all the articles you want, but here's the truth, crime is rising where I live.

The disconnect is that violent crimes dominate the headlines, and they are indeed decreasing. But property crimes, which affect more people and can really impact the quality of life of neighborhoods and communities, is increasing.

So the "you idiot, crime is dropping" attitude can really seem like gaslighting and demonstrate a lack of understanding of people's lived realities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2024 11:34 AM

r10 jesus you have diarrhea of the keyboard

by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2024 11:36 AM

Police reform, bail reform, no prosecution for drug offense and attacks on the police all have consequences. Even if done with all good intentions. This family are monsters but crime does seem to be increasing. My friends in a wealthy part of LA had their house robbed. Police said it’s now an everyday occurrence in LA.

Many of NYC subway problems stem from a failure to punish fare evaders. Judges aren’t allow to set bail for most offenses etc. Pretty easy to see what’s going on.

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2024 11:59 AM

FBI needs to investigate the Gilbert PD who have been covering up the crimes of these little rich monsters for years.

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2024 12:06 PM

gay comedian tim dillon rants about this story and the gilbert goons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2024 12:10 PM

Jesus, that’s a lot of white trash names in one article. It reads like the “Onion.”

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2024 12:24 PM

[quote] Crime has increased, but they're calculating it differently. There is an agenda to calculate it differently.

And are “they” in the room with us right now, Mary?

by Anonymousreply 19April 1, 2024 12:30 PM

Brother Kyler looks like he’s ready to shoot up a school at any moment.

Dad is a typical desert rat and was recently in jail on drug charges. If he’s a “millionaire,” it’s probably from selling drugs. But he probably isn’t a millionaire.

Mom is a fat chola.

What a family.

by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2024 12:33 PM

the entire family needs to be removed from society.

by Anonymousreply 21April 1, 2024 12:33 PM

these are our kids Talan, Klaw, Bullette and Nyfe.

by Anonymousreply 22April 1, 2024 12:37 PM

The Dad was going to try to shift the blame to someone else. I don’t know why I’d staggered. The entitlement and look ack of integrity and accountability is breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 23April 1, 2024 12:37 PM

What kind of kids play football in this day and age? I understand it’s a way out of poverty for some kids, but these kids supposedly aren’t poor. You have to be a profoundly stupid redneck to want your kids to play football.

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2024 12:38 PM

In some parts of the country, all the jocks play football. The towns build stadiums for high school football.

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2024 12:50 PM

[quote]What kind of kids play football in this day and age?

1.04 million kids played high school football in 2022. I can't imagine they're all "profoundly stupid rednecks."

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2024 1:05 PM

It’s not like he was going to shift the blame to someone innocent. Talan, Talyn—both charged. Along with Trenton and Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2024 1:13 PM

[quote] So the parents raised two violent, sociopathic sons named "Talan" and "Kyler." Someone please remove them all from the gene pool.

I think they’re lovely names.

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2024 1:16 PM

And what about Preston? Did he have it coming?

by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2024 1:17 PM

I have seen these violent, pretty boy jocks and their legions of followers come undone pretty quickly in life. As soon as the glow of youth starts to fade they fall. He still would have been given opportunities that most people could only dream of, and then squander every one of them. If he thinks his looks are any kind of trade-off for taking another person's life then he's in for a devastating reality check. But, he'll still probably live longer than he otherwise would have safely tucked away behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2024 1:18 PM

R24 Thinks we’re all carfree and uncircumcised

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2024 1:19 PM

Can someone tell me more about “hammer pounding?”

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2024 1:34 PM

He’s not pretty. He’s just young.

by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2024 1:35 PM

I saw this story and was repulsed, both by the kid's lack of remorse and the dad's willingness to cover for him. (Undoubtedly a MAGA.)

WTF is it with the name "Talen?" Not one but TWO of these kids have that name. The parents should have had a visit from CPS for that alone.

by Anonymousreply 34April 1, 2024 1:44 PM

R2 and R3 doesnt understand that reported crime that is represented in his statistics is not the same thing as actual crime.

by Anonymousreply 35April 1, 2024 1:46 PM

It’s the best approximation we have. If you base your assessment on what Fox News feeds you when a Democrat is in the White House, you’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2024 1:49 PM

the parents need to go away for life for trying to frame the similarly-named kid for what their own son did. Fucking perverse pieces of dark energy shit.

by Anonymousreply 37April 1, 2024 1:53 PM

100% guarantee they are MAGA raised by a psycho father.

by Anonymousreply 38April 1, 2024 1:58 PM

Not “frame.” Talyn was also one of the goons. Just “shift blame.” Talyn was going down anyway.

by Anonymousreply 39April 1, 2024 1:59 PM

R15

Every day in Los Angeles - massive city and metro area - a house is broken into? You don’t say. (The current metro area population of Los Angeles in 2024 is 12,598,000.)

by Anonymousreply 40April 1, 2024 2:04 PM

Death sentence for all of them. Rabid animals need to be put down like rabid animals. Only as much mercy as they showed their victim - none.

He has a purdy mouth. I hope he enjoys his short visit in prison before the sentence is carried out.

by Anonymousreply 41April 1, 2024 2:06 PM

Bubba's going to like keeping Talan in line.

by Anonymousreply 42April 1, 2024 2:07 PM

[quote] hope he enjoys his short visit in prison before the sentence is carried out.

Are you familiar with the death penalty in the US? He’d be middle-aged before it’s carried out.

by Anonymousreply 43April 1, 2024 2:09 PM

Hammer pound.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 1, 2024 2:13 PM

They have a third son, Briggs, who also has a drug problem according to Reddit. He was either arrested or in rehab recently, can’t remember which.

Reddit also says Talan (they couldn’t even spell it correctly) was sent to the reform school that features in Netflix’s “The Program.”

by Anonymousreply 45April 1, 2024 2:14 PM

[quote] Is our sick culture raising a general of feral kids who lack compassion, humanity and a conscience? They kill and assault folks and then brag about it on social media. So sad, SMH.

[quote]His father is a millionaire who was gonna cover for him.

There’s your answer. The rich have always raised psychopaths

by Anonymousreply 46April 1, 2024 2:17 PM

I hope the trend of parents being held culpable for the actions of their minor children will continue to grow.

Most monsters are not born like this, they are created.

Charge the parents as accessories, sue them to ashes in civil court and try junior as an adult.

The kid is rotten but the parents are hardly blameless.

by Anonymousreply 47April 1, 2024 2:24 PM

[quote] There’s your answer. The rich have always raised psychopaths

I think the rate of criminal psychopathy is likely MUCH lower among the wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 48April 1, 2024 2:32 PM

honestly, it's more obscene when one rich man does something like this than when an entire underworld of criminals profits off of drugs.

by Anonymousreply 49April 1, 2024 2:35 PM

[quote] I think the rate of criminal psychopathy is likely MUCH lower among the wealthy.

Of course you do, sunshine

by Anonymousreply 50April 1, 2024 2:42 PM

These people aren’t wealthy— they are white trash with a little dab of money. But they probably THINK they are rich because they grew up poor in some shithole.

Many people are millionaires on paper because of real estate appreciation. You don’t see them swanning around like the King of Gilbert. They usually still consider themselves middle class.

That’s how you can spot the real trash. “I’ve got a couple bucks to my name, better go buy a Bentley!”

by Anonymousreply 51April 1, 2024 2:44 PM

R10 is one of those posters who thinks by writing endless amounts of words it somehow proves a point. It doesn't. Just a lot of undocumented arguments.

by Anonymousreply 52April 1, 2024 2:49 PM

If it was my relative I would give the Sinaloa cartel $25k to do what they do best.

by Anonymousreply 53April 1, 2024 2:52 PM

I live about 30 minutes from where this happened. Police didn't do shit because the parents were wealthy but then the community got involved and started a Facebook #justiceforprestonlord and encouraged everyone to wear orange. There was orange ribbons wrapped around trees, the water tower had orange lights around it, they held a march down to the police station with everyone wearing orange shirts and demanded that the police make arrests, and they called the corporate office of the fitness center that this thug's parents owned.

It was all over the news. The FBI got involved, arrests were made, and the parents had their contract terminated with OHM Fitness.

Even yesterday I saw a bumper sticker that said "Justice For Preston Lord."

by Anonymousreply 54April 1, 2024 2:53 PM

[quote] Of course you do, sunshine

First of all, parents who have been successful in life are less likely to be criminal psychopaths themselves, as such people do not do well in school or other structured environments. Second, wealthy parents are more likely to seek intervention for troubled kids.

I know it is tempting for failures such as yourself to believe that success is the result of corruption and cheating, but that is a myth that losers tell themselves so they can feel better.

by Anonymousreply 55April 1, 2024 2:53 PM

He's set for a harsh sentence, but ultimately he'll probably fare somewhat better than his ugly friends in jail.

If you google the "halo effect and crime", there are studies that shed light on how physically attractive people are more likely to be perceived favorably within the justice system.

Nearly everyone has a subconscious bias towards what they think is good-looking and while it might not equal a lighter sentence straight away, it might mean better conditions, treatments, and more privileges for him in jail. And definitely, if he puts effort into rehabilitation it will just amplify the effect.

Some claim the effect has been debunked, but I don't believe it.

That's if he holds onto his looks, and judging by his dad, maybe not. But money has a similar effect, and money and looks go hand in hand.

by Anonymousreply 56April 1, 2024 3:17 PM

So, your theory is being a pretty young white boy is going to be an advantage in an Arizona state prison?

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 57April 1, 2024 3:23 PM

R55 hasn’t met many rich kids

by Anonymousreply 58April 1, 2024 3:24 PM

I grew up in a wealthy town and went to an Ivy League school. My friends and family include a lot of rich kids. I don’t know any criminal psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 59April 1, 2024 3:29 PM

R57 It's better to have that to trade in than nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 60April 1, 2024 3:40 PM

R24 what????? Where did you even come up with that? Football has never been a “poor person” sport. The fuck?

by Anonymousreply 61April 1, 2024 4:23 PM

R34 you saw this story where? No major media outlets have covered it at all. Daily Mail is the biggest one to and they’re in the UK. American media has been ignoring this.

by Anonymousreply 62April 1, 2024 4:25 PM

R47 some monsters are not products of their parents.

by Anonymousreply 63April 1, 2024 4:28 PM

R48 depends on what type of crime you’re referring to

by Anonymousreply 64April 1, 2024 4:28 PM

R51 quit making up shit. You never know what you’re talking about.

The father owns a line of successful gyms in Arizona and has become a millionaire off of them.

by Anonymousreply 65April 1, 2024 4:30 PM

R56 he’s barely getting a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 66April 1, 2024 4:31 PM

R59 only none of that is true.

by Anonymousreply 67April 1, 2024 4:31 PM

To understand this story completely, you have to know about the Christo-fascist Mormons that are incredibly wealthy and their history of getting away with murder in a city run by Mormons. Theu control EVERYTHING. I have experienced it and have seen it. It has gone on for years.

by Anonymousreply 68April 1, 2024 4:40 PM

[quote] 100% guarantee they are MAGA raised by a psycho father.

It's weird that his parents actually volunteered and supplied a Ugandan village with clean water.

That must be part of a requirement by Orange Fitness to do charitable work, because these people don't seem the type to do it on their own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 1, 2024 4:53 PM

They looked like a normal family at first.

How did the boys all end up being psychos?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 1, 2024 4:54 PM

Yes, because only MAGA people commit crimes (not the case)

by Anonymousreply 71April 1, 2024 4:55 PM

Pay attention to young people. They have no empathy. They have no remorse. You all fucked them up in the head.

by Anonymousreply 72April 1, 2024 4:55 PM

[quote]some monsters are not products of their parents.

The parents named their kid "Talan," they deserve a good part of the blame.

Not to mention the parents of "Treston" and "Talyn."

by Anonymousreply 73April 1, 2024 4:57 PM

Nice. It's been a while since we've had a hot perp.

by Anonymousreply 74April 1, 2024 5:03 PM

This takes place in maricopa county ? Makes sense. he got rich running a few franchised gyms? This also makes sense as gyms have notoriously shady business practices. They're rich white trash in a county that is nationally noted for corruption, racism and all the attendant apppaling MAGA et ceteras you would expect of such a community.

I read an article in this where one of the murderers friends joked in a text message in the aftermath of this murder, when it became apparent that his friend was likely the killer that his mom encouraged him to turn his friend in so she could get in on the $10,000 reward. This tells me all I need to know about the lovely people of this town and their values.

Truly fucked.

All that said, facts are facts he's gonna make some of his fellow prisoners very happy.

by Anonymousreply 75April 1, 2024 5:10 PM

How uncultured are you people? Talan is not a common name in the states but common in parts of Europe. It’s a real name.

by Anonymousreply 76April 1, 2024 5:15 PM

It may well be, R76.

But that's not the intention of their trashy parents.

I'm guessing that Talan and Talyn are phonetic spellings of the world TALON, as in the TALON of an Eagle.

It's supposed to be a "cool" name because Eagle Talons are sharp and dangerous.

That is the intent behind the name Talan, despite it also being a familiar name in Europe.

And that's what makes it trashy in the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 1, 2024 5:25 PM

People on social media have been talking about this story for months, so as someone upthread pointed out, it IS very curious that we haven't heard much about it in the mainstream media.

Why is this family being protected?

It's not like they're extremely wealthy or powerful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 1, 2024 5:30 PM

R77 again, it’s a real name. You creating reasoning in your own brain doesn't change that.

by Anonymousreply 79April 1, 2024 5:31 PM

r78 - I only know the story superficially. Do the boys attend the same high school and is it a private school with wealthy, influential alumni who are well-connected? If so they'll probably do anything within their power to protect the school's reputation. It isn't a good look when 25% of your football team gets charged with first degree murder.

If the DM published the story can the Post be dar behind?

by Anonymousreply 80April 1, 2024 6:13 PM

oo gurl this is messy as hell!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 1, 2024 6:34 PM

sorry bad link!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 1, 2024 6:37 PM

Bad link, R81.

Nothing there.

by Anonymousreply 83April 1, 2024 6:38 PM

Why would this be national news?

Teenage fight. Only one victim. Perps arrested.

What am I missing? Father with money tried to protect his son? Not exactly earth breaking.

by Anonymousreply 84April 1, 2024 6:45 PM

Talyn Vigil is SO going to become someone's prison wife.

And I get the feeling he'll like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 1, 2024 6:52 PM

Has Joe Arpaio weighed in yet?

by Anonymousreply 86April 1, 2024 6:59 PM

[quote] his parents actually volunteered and supplied a Ugandan village with clean water.

While encouraging them to legislate the death penalty for gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 87April 1, 2024 7:02 PM

How do we know they are Mormons? Are they all Mormons?

Are we allowed to say “Mormons“ anymore?

by Anonymousreply 88April 1, 2024 7:07 PM

Jesus—The population of their town was 4,000 in 2000.; 26,000 in 2010. Today it’s over 70,000. That’s a lot of growth.

by Anonymousreply 89April 1, 2024 7:10 PM

R55 = cunt.

by Anonymousreply 90April 1, 2024 7:27 PM

R88 we don’t. And Arizona isn’t a state with many Mormons. The retard must have thought this was Utah.

by Anonymousreply 91April 1, 2024 7:31 PM

The police report page linked at R82 is a doozy. What a messed up psychopathic bunch. It would be fascinating to see the family tree and the various sociopaths spawned across the generations.

by Anonymousreply 92April 1, 2024 7:39 PM

I really think the place is crucial. A town doesn’t go from 4,000 to 70,000 in a generation without a lot of rootless riff-raff moving in.

by Anonymousreply 93April 1, 2024 7:51 PM

R93 that has literally nothing to do with this case.

by Anonymousreply 94April 1, 2024 7:53 PM

[quote] How did the boys all end up being psychos?

It's in the genes.

by Anonymousreply 95April 1, 2024 8:06 PM

[quote] we don’t. And Arizona isn’t a state with many Mormons. The retard must have thought this was Utah.

Bullshit...there are tons of Mormons in AZ. Gilbert and Mesa are well known for their large Mormon populations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 1, 2024 8:08 PM

Here is an article from 2000(!) about Mormon gang activity in Gilbert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 1, 2024 8:09 PM

R97 Those kids are out of control! THEY DRINK COFFEE!

by Anonymousreply 98April 1, 2024 8:11 PM

[quote]I saw this story and was repulsed, both by the kid's lack of remorse and the dad's willingness to cover for him. (Undoubtedly a MAGA.)

JFC you obsessives can insert Trump into any topic.

by Anonymousreply 99April 1, 2024 8:15 PM

Especially when politics has nothing to do with what happened and wasn’t a motive. Politics mean nothing here.

by Anonymousreply 100April 1, 2024 8:26 PM

He's handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 1, 2024 8:29 PM

R97 cool. Only 6% of the entire state is Mormon. So my point still stands.

by Anonymousreply 102April 1, 2024 8:43 PM

But the towns r96 mentions are neighboring towns to Queen Creek, so it is possible the concentration of Mormon’s there is higher than the state average.

by Anonymousreply 103April 1, 2024 8:49 PM

if you dig into the reddits on this its confirmed that this is a heavily Mormon area.

by Anonymousreply 104April 1, 2024 8:53 PM

A search of “Mormon’ on Google Maps shows almost all Mormon churches and other institutions in the state are located southeast of Phoenix, so it’s a safe bet that most of the 400,000 Mormons in Arizona are in these suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 105April 1, 2024 9:04 PM

"Talan. What a pretty name for such a pretty boy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 1, 2024 9:10 PM

His brother will be able to park his BMW in his brother's gape, when he's finally released from prison.

by Anonymousreply 107April 1, 2024 9:15 PM

An entire family of sociopaths. How charming.

by Anonymousreply 108April 1, 2024 9:27 PM

Those stats are misrepresentations. People aren't reporting crimes because the police are useless. Plenty of crime.

by Anonymousreply 109April 1, 2024 9:31 PM

His father does cocaine before workouts. Hopefully he'll drop dead soon.

by Anonymousreply 110April 1, 2024 10:36 PM

How many police departments in the US are basically the local mafia? We need a MAJOR federal corruption sweep nationwide

by Anonymousreply 111April 1, 2024 10:38 PM

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

I wonder how many of the Gilbert Police Department are engaged in illegal activity with this guy?

The FBI should investigate.

by Anonymousreply 112April 1, 2024 10:40 PM

I was about to ask how many of the local PD work out at his gyms. Does his son deal steroids, too? When we had a thread about the case of the Dallas cop who went to the wrong apartment, mistook it for hers and shot the innocent unarmed occupant, my biggest takeaway is how many cops juice.

by Anonymousreply 113April 1, 2024 10:45 PM

ok now im really down the rabbit hole. Apparently This town has a history of gang violence wherein the gangs are comprised of high school athletes, invlved in drug dealing AND that they answer to associates of Sammmy The Bull Garvano, who made connnections in the area when we was in the witness relocation program.

Suspects father owned multiple franchise gyms which are a prime money laundering front

police corruption, Mormons, the Mafia...

this story could be real big

by Anonymousreply 114April 1, 2024 11:47 PM

the area has had gang problems going back for at least 25 years, and so heavily are the members protected by powerful family/mormon church members that people go directly to the church for assistance, bypassing the police

this article also lays out the mob connection

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 1, 2024 11:49 PM

JFC this is the worst story I’ve read this year. Were these punks walking the streets for five months until now. The sonofabitch confessed in days. Phoenix, the boil on the anus which is AZ a terrible state like FL. World gone mad. I wanna beat these punks with my bare hands and I’m a 65 year old woman.

by Anonymousreply 116April 2, 2024 12:02 AM

R14's brain is made of diarrhea.

Drug stores are putting more products under lock and key. This is really bad concerning quality of life. That statistician is pretty incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 117April 2, 2024 12:03 AM

Most football players are pieces of shit and get away with debased behavior but this is next level shit. It's like he's set his goals to be a Republican House representative in a couple of years or something! Slow down Skylar/Tyler/Talon/Brayden.

by Anonymousreply 118April 2, 2024 12:09 AM

Oh yeah and R52 as well!

by Anonymousreply 119April 2, 2024 12:09 AM

I meant R52's brain is made of diarrhea too. These people I swear it oozes out of every orifice and pore.

by Anonymousreply 120April 2, 2024 12:12 AM

And it's the Dems who let these criminals off. Rethugs and Dems work hand in hand.

by Anonymousreply 121April 2, 2024 12:14 AM

Arizona’s population has been going up as California’s goes down. It’s not shocking the population went up. Tons of Californians leaving and moving to Arizona, Nevada and Texas.

by Anonymousreply 122April 2, 2024 12:14 AM

So many stories lately about kids beating each other's heads in.

by Anonymousreply 123April 2, 2024 12:41 AM

[quote]R100: Especially when politics has nothing to do with what happened and wasn’t a motive. Politics mean nothing here.

Oh, for fuck's sake.

Nothing in the States is non-political, and that's been the case for pretty much the entire 21st century so far. And never more so than now.

by Anonymousreply 124April 2, 2024 12:56 AM

My mind goes straight to Brett Kavanaugh when I read about punks like this.

by Anonymousreply 125April 2, 2024 12:57 AM

Brett Cavanaugh was also a rapist.

by Anonymousreply 126April 2, 2024 1:02 AM

Quote[In some parts of the country, all the jocks play football. The towns build stadiums for high school football.]

by Anonymousreply 127April 2, 2024 1:10 AM

Those are Mormon names

by Anonymousreply 128April 2, 2024 1:20 AM

R24 Dude you must be New Yorker or in Boston. Football is vastly popular. It’s not some redneck thing. Actually those more socially economically privileged are more likely to have their sons in team sports like football with personal trainers.

by Anonymousreply 129April 2, 2024 1:26 AM

Basketball, sure. Soccer, sure. Tennis and golf.

Football is for knuckle draggers.

by Anonymousreply 130April 2, 2024 1:29 AM

On the bright side, that “CTE made my son do it!” defense is looking pretty good right now.

by Anonymousreply 131April 2, 2024 1:32 AM

The jock is so hot that I really wish he could get pardoned. But then I see his dad and he's just a less fat verson of him so his good looks are on borrowed time.

What will become of him in prison? Will he join a gang or be someone's bitch? I'd call first dibs on that tight killer hole. Prisoners tried to fight or bunk gigantic Aaron Rogers, so this rich hunk may have a hard sentence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 2, 2024 1:37 AM

R130 you are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 133April 2, 2024 1:38 AM

The fuck is wrong with people? When you're a teenager and go to a party you have only two objectives: a) get drunk and b) get laid. You don't want to stomp on someone.

by Anonymousreply 134April 2, 2024 1:40 AM

Why do prisoners turn gay? They should be called homos when they get out.

by Anonymousreply 135April 2, 2024 1:41 AM

R114 I think the use of gang is a bit of a reach. These are just middle class and upper class kids playing hard. It's like the gang in Malibu, I swear Brody Jenner or his brother were once members. It's usually some misdemeanor activity or fights. But to call this a legit gang is a stretch. Just kids playing hard in their backyard. This "gang" wouldn't set foot in downtown Phoenix with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 136April 2, 2024 1:44 AM

r132 here, I meant Aaron Hernadez and his gigantic cock were getting into weekly fights.

I say, let the jock present hole before the court and call off this circus. it's already been 5 months, what's 50 more years of letting this go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 2, 2024 1:47 AM

And you are a knuckle dragger, r133.

by Anonymousreply 138April 2, 2024 1:51 AM

I will say social media played their part in a good and worthy way.

by Anonymousreply 139April 2, 2024 2:29 AM

White people, I think you're losing your ability to make fun of what some black people name their children. Just putting that out there, now please carry on.

by Anonymousreply 140April 2, 2024 2:33 AM

r134 what makes this worse is that this was over a fake gold necklace, not even worth a $150 bucks. The jocks apparently stole it off his friend. The dead kid took it back and ran. The goons went after him and beat his ass.

I bet the friend feels like crap that his cheap necklace lead to his friend's death.

by Anonymousreply 141April 2, 2024 2:35 AM

I blame Black people for these names. Names are now like a mini-poetry-jam. Everyone has to show how creative and individual they are by having unique names. Feh!

by Anonymousreply 142April 2, 2024 3:01 AM

R141 yes I'm sure he's wishing it had been a Cartier necklace his friend was needlessly viscously murdered over

by Anonymousreply 143April 2, 2024 3:03 AM

Sorry toots It ain't black people inspiring rednecks to name their sons after things you buy at Home Depot. I once met one named Tractor.

by Anonymousreply 144April 2, 2024 3:09 AM

There's a persistent Vladbot in here trying to stir violence in the US arguments.

by Anonymousreply 145April 2, 2024 3:30 AM

The kid has the deadest eyes I’ve seen on a kid. Must have burned out his brain on the acid. I hope this entire druggy trashy family ends up in the joint getting assaulted hourly. These people are a literal menace to society.

by Anonymousreply 146April 2, 2024 3:51 AM

[quote]I think the rate of criminal psychopathy is likely MUCH lower among the wealthy.

No, they’re just the least likely to get caught or face any kind of real consequences for their actions.

Did you not go to highschool?

by Anonymousreply 147April 2, 2024 5:45 AM

R130 in red states, football provides way more social capital to a young man than any other sport. In Texas youth football might as well be a local religion. It’s easily the first choice of an upper class high status kid compared to a gay libtard sport like tennis.

by Anonymousreply 148April 2, 2024 10:45 AM

Only one gives you lifelong CTE

by Anonymousreply 149April 2, 2024 10:47 AM

He’ll get lifelong CTE from banging his head against the prison walls as he’s being plowed from behind again.

by Anonymousreply 150April 2, 2024 12:45 PM

He’s gonna get 20 yeas minimum. I hope he got laid during his 5 months of freedom.

by Anonymousreply 151April 2, 2024 2:20 PM

Don't worry, R151. Bubba and his burly friends at the Aryan Brotherhood will ensure that he gets laid down plenty of pipe while in prison. And if they don't do it, I'm sure that there are many other gangs who will enjoy themselves threatening to rape him silly, unless his rich parents pay a considerable sum for protection every month.

Let's see how strong he proves to be when he cannot rely on his friends to help him and gang up on a smaller kid.

by Anonymousreply 152April 2, 2024 2:30 PM

[quote] No, they’re just the least likely to get caught or face any kind of real consequences for their actions. Did you not go to highschool?

I suppose being an isolated “rich” kid in a sea of poors can be rather stressful.

Of course the truly wealthy go to school exclusively with their peers where there is no increased presence of criminal psychopathy.

by Anonymousreply 153April 2, 2024 2:38 PM

r142, you haven't met a lot of Mormons.

by Anonymousreply 154April 2, 2024 2:41 PM

Let the punishment fit the crime.

by Anonymousreply 155April 2, 2024 2:43 PM

"His father is a millionaire who was gonna cover for him."

Top-drawer criminal defense in the US is two or three million dollars, and possibly more, especially over the long term. Somehow, I don't think that family has the coin to cover that much without making adjustments.

This doesn't even begin to address what will probably be a civil judgement in Federal court.

by Anonymousreply 156April 2, 2024 2:46 PM

[quote] This doesn't even begin to address what will probably be a civil judgement in Federal court.

What makes this a federal case?

by Anonymousreply 157April 2, 2024 2:53 PM

If you read the report, Travis Renner's assets are estimated at $100 million.

by Anonymousreply 158April 2, 2024 3:31 PM

[In Texas youth football might as well be a local religion. It’s easily the first choice of an upper class high status kid]

There are no “upper class high status” people in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 159April 2, 2024 3:33 PM

we get it, r159 you think these people and this part of the world are trash. Point taken.

I think most of us agree.

for those of us trying to talk about the subject at hand we do need to be able to establish that within and by the standards of this trashy world...this kid and his family had status.

by Anonymousreply 160April 2, 2024 3:43 PM

[quote] R142], you haven't met a lot of Mormons.

I had a Mormon boss once. He had an unusual name, but it wasn’t made up. He drank Coca-cola. Then he had an affair with his secretary and was fired.

by Anonymousreply 161April 2, 2024 3:54 PM

R152 he’s huge so I bet he’ll be able to get in with the whites just fine. I heard actual prison rape is not that common, though state prisons are wild as fuck. Whites in AZ prisons have no choice but to stick together for sheer numbers.

I doubt he’ll get linked, but he is 17, strong, and handsome. Expect his hair to be buzzed or short when he’s in court.

He killed a white kid so that helps him with other gangs. His dad has money so he’ll be paying guys left and right to protect himself.

I can’t help but feel bad for the pretty killer hunk. There should be a pretty people prison that live like in a big brother house.

by Anonymousreply 162April 2, 2024 6:04 PM

Did you read the police report, R162? That "pretty killer" deserves a rough life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 163April 2, 2024 6:16 PM

Don't feel sorry for him, R162. He is an evil son of a bitch who deserves to suffer, because he took a life over a trivial matter and then, was depraved enough to boast about it as if it were some sort of achievement. I have no idea how common prison rape is, but I hope his ass gets torn to pieces and he is forced to pay for everything - even breathing, if necessary. What this creature and its repulsive friends did is beyond despicable.

Also, I agree with R37. The parents are clearly degenerates who tried to frame someone else for their evil son's crime, and deserve to pay very dearly for it.

by Anonymousreply 164April 2, 2024 6:16 PM

R158 , I'm R156 . I would guess they're worth $10M give or take a bit, and that's being generous. That one hundred million is a huge joke.

PS - I could just imagine someone trying to turn this into a civil rights case, in order to get it into Federal court, not the local goobers venue.

by Anonymousreply 165April 2, 2024 6:48 PM

There’s a report that this boy was in a mental hospital a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 166April 2, 2024 7:08 PM

Let’s see their house. That’ll tell us if he’s worth $100 million.

by Anonymousreply 167April 2, 2024 7:08 PM

He or the others won’t survive if the jail is full of real gang members posted at r106. I’d feel like Riz Ahmed in The Night Of walking into prison for the first time. He did scared shitless well in that role.

by Anonymousreply 168April 2, 2024 7:09 PM

He didn't have to get so physically involved.

by Anonymousreply 169April 2, 2024 7:14 PM

R121, And you base your comment about "Dems" on?

by Anonymousreply 170April 2, 2024 7:21 PM

r162 even if he gets in with the Arian Brotherhood he will still become someone's bitch. Given the news around this case and the mention of his rich family anyone who would protect him will bleed the father dry if he goes to jail. It is AZ though so he could go the mentally incompetent route or the gay panic route From the evidence seen here he is fucked but you never know. OJ got off.

by Anonymousreply 171April 2, 2024 7:24 PM

And YOU know about "actual crime" that is NOT reported, has NO recorded existence, and can therefore NOT be verified, exactly how, r35?

by Anonymousreply 172April 2, 2024 7:25 PM

R171, Indeed.

I think the acquittal or pre-trial plea-bargain to manslaughter will be based on the prosecution's difficulty in pinpointing THE fatal blow and then attaching it to a specific defendant or more.

by Anonymousreply 173April 2, 2024 7:29 PM

[quote] I will say social media played their part in a good and worthy way for once.

Except maybe they wouldn’t have done it in the first place, had they not seen endless beatdowns on TikTok and YouTube. Even series and movies have men obliterating others by slamming their heads over and over into the ground or punching a face into a bloody pulp and walking away unharmed and smug like a bad ass.

If you record it and share, you too can become a bad ass and bask in the glory of “likes” and awe.

When my friends and I did shit as teens it was less lethal: (knocking over a goal post, stealing a 6 pack of beer) and we didn’t tell anyone because we didn’t want to get in trouble. Only we knew and that was that. Even when there were fights (which were rare) people always tried to break them up.

There’s always been violence, but the level of viciousness has changed in the middle class/upper middle class. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 174April 2, 2024 7:30 PM

Sure R174, tell that a page full of gay men that have seen just how violent and viscous straight (or closeted) middle and upper class young men have and always will be. We just have cameras today so you can’t run from the abuse.

This story could have easily happened in 1954, 1964, 1974, 1984,1994, or 2004. Difference is that without digital evidence the police could continue ignoring the case or at the very least fumble it and give these kids probation.

We already witnessed an attempted coverup. This is how it would go down in the past. Since we didn’t have social media you wouldn’t have heard about some random beating in Gilbert, AZ. If you had it would have been mentioned back in October and cotton by national news.

Get out of here pretending these assholes didn’t get their genetic defects towards cilantro from their equally violent fathers and grandfathers.

That said, throw the ugly ones in jail and let the hot one get off with 5 years of hardcore gay porn probation. I think that’d be a fine punishment for everyone involved.

by Anonymousreply 175April 2, 2024 8:20 PM

[quote] Most people think the U.S. crime rate is rising. They're wrong.

Most Baby Boomers and Gen X think U.S. crime is rising. That's because THEY grew up during the great leaded crime wave of the late 60s through 90s. They assume that the youth are as violent and criminalistic as they were in their prime.

by Anonymousreply 176April 2, 2024 8:25 PM

[quote] the gay panic route

What does this case have to do with gay panic?

by Anonymousreply 177April 2, 2024 9:02 PM

According to DL, the hot jock is about to face gay panic in prison or at least his once tight jock hole.

by Anonymousreply 178April 2, 2024 9:04 PM

Oh, I see. You explain to your fellow inmates that you’re experiencing gay panic and they don’t fuck you. Nice.

I thought “gay panic” was a dubious (if sometimes effective) defense for beating and/or killing a gay man who you claim made unwanted sexual advances.

by Anonymousreply 179April 2, 2024 9:12 PM

[quote]R176: Most Baby Boomers and Gen X think U.S. crime is rising. That's because THEY grew up during the great leaded crime wave of the late 60s through 90s. They assume that the youth are as violent and criminalistic as they were in their prime.

Not at all. It's because most Baby Boomers and Gen X get their news from conservative media, and the idea that crime is rising (even when it isn't) is simply part of the conservative narrative. It always has been.

by Anonymousreply 180April 2, 2024 9:12 PM

The father and his business partner (a pr company of all things) according to one article I read BOTH helped cover for the kid. " The former employee at Relentless Media Agency told Arizona Republic that her bosses Renner and Adam Kifer, CEO of Relentless Media Agency, openly discussed their plans to hide evidence and shift blame on another boy with a 'similar name.'"

I wonder how the biz is doing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 2, 2024 9:34 PM

R101 Here, yes the same article as posted by OP. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 182April 2, 2024 9:38 PM

R177 I meant they could paint the poor dead kid as gay and came on to them and they panicked and reacted violently. That they lost reasoning when they did not know how to react. The dead guy cannot defend himself and say he is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 183April 3, 2024 12:15 AM

Mormonism teaches behavior like the father and his business partner. When shit goes down, you take it to the Bishop and if the guilty party gives enough money they are covered for and the Bishop tells the victims to go pound rocks. The victims go along with it because if they go against the Bishop they will not only lose their church, but their friends, their neighbors, possibly their jobs.

Mormons are, once you scratch that happy veneer, very much like Scientologists.

by Anonymousreply 184April 3, 2024 1:03 AM

R184 Are you an ex-mormon? I can't say I've researched the Mormon church but really? Woah.

by Anonymousreply 185April 3, 2024 1:22 AM

The PR company employee who helped them with the cover up is… druggie dad’s ex-girlfriend. (He’s still married to Talan’s mom.)

Apparently Travis (dad) is living in a decidedly average house in a down-market neighborhood. This according to Reddit. I guess wife got the house. Wonder if it’s nice.

by Anonymousreply 186April 3, 2024 1:28 AM

Oh fuck you VERY much, r159

by Anonymousreply 187April 3, 2024 1:38 AM

[QUOTE]I think the acquittal or pre-trial plea-bargain to manslaughter will be based on the prosecution's difficulty in pinpointing THE fatal blow

Didn't Talan Renner essentially confess to it when he bragged in his texts?

by Anonymousreply 188April 3, 2024 5:09 PM

[quote]Get out of here pretending these assholes didn’t get their genetic defects towards cilantro from their equally violent fathers and grandfathers.

Cilantro? Is that you, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 189April 3, 2024 5:38 PM

[quote] Cilantro? Is that you, Greg?

No.

by Anonymousreply 190April 3, 2024 5:57 PM

I can't for the life of me figure out which word cilantro autocorrected.

by Anonymousreply 191April 3, 2024 5:59 PM

I just realized I misremembered my Mormon boss’s first name.

It was “Carver.”

Point taken.

by Anonymousreply 192April 3, 2024 6:44 PM

Probably violence, r191.

by Anonymousreply 193April 3, 2024 6:51 PM

He was supposed to get parsley!

by Anonymousreply 194April 3, 2024 6:53 PM

Yeah, looks like it was meant to be 'violence', but it's a mystery how it ended up as an herb.

by Anonymousreply 195April 3, 2024 6:59 PM

the picture of the cute killer at OP is giving young Sean Penn vibes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 3, 2024 7:26 PM

R188, Under oath? With a lawyer who will point out that this defendant is not a doctor and thus he couldn't possibly know what the fatal blow was or by whom, considering there will be multiple defendants? That boasting is not a crime?

I'm J/S.

by Anonymousreply 197April 4, 2024 12:30 AM

Here is a picture of r10:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 4, 2024 12:42 AM

[quote] Family of student charged in beating death of Arizona teen Preston Lord accused of 'cover-up'

Details in the case of Preston Lord, the Arizona teen killed after being beaten at a Halloween party last year, have left his community shaken.

The over 1,000-page police report about the Oct. 28, 2023 incident was released late last month as part of a public records request by The Arizona Republic, part of the USA TODAY network. As people continue to comb through the lengthy report, which is filled with hundreds of witness statements, details about one of the accused teen assailants garnered some attention.

Talan Renner, 17, is one of the seven accused charged in the death of Lord. In the documents, it is reported that Renner was allegedly aided by his family, who moved him out of town following the attack. The allegations are made in the report by the ex-girlfriend of Travis Renner, Talan's father.

The statement alleges that Renner attempted to cover up his son's involvement in the crime, moving him to the family's to the family’s $850,000 cabin three hours away and advising him to "let his hands heal" before returning home.

Ashley Reynolds, a former employee of Travis Renner at Relentless Media Agency, also made claims about the alleged coverup when she spoke with The Arizona Republic in late February.

According to a police document, Travis Renner's ex-girlfriend chose to speak with police after witnessing what she saw as a lack of remorse on behalf of Talan following Lord's death.

Previously released video surveillance footage allegedly caught Renner bragging about getting away with Lord’s murder, boasting that the 16-year-old had to have a “closed casket” funeral due to the severity of the beating that killed him.

She told police Renner was quickly moved out of town to the family's cabin, where she alleges his father told him to stay until his hands had healed. She described the 17-year-old as a fighter” and “angry kid” who “holds in a lot of aggression."

Ashley Reynolds, Travis Renner's former employee, also came forward to talk about the alleged coverup, telling The Arizona Republic she was an unwilling participant in the scheme.

According to Reynolds, Travis Renner connected with his son after the beating on the night of Oct. 28 and quickly began working with his business partner to protect the boy and their business interests.

Reynolds, who was an executive assistant at Relentless Media Agency at the time, accused Renner and his CEO Adam Kifer of openly plotting to keep authorities away from Talan, making plans to send the boy to live at the family cabin until visible injuries he sustained in the beating had healed. She claimed they also wanted to keep police from being able to interview the boy.

She also told The Republic that electronic calendar data was backdated to make it appear the teen had left town before Oct. 28. She said that she heard discussions about the events of Oct. 28 between the two and she was told Renner's son instigated the attack and threw punches.

She also said the pair referred to the attacks as a kind of "initiation," saying that Renner's son wanted to participate in. She also said the business partners made plans to pin the killing on another boy with the same first name as Renner's son, although it is spelled differently. She claimed they wanted to use the names to confuse authorities about who did what and shift suspicion away from his son.

Preston Lord, 16, was a student at Combs High School and one of hundreds of teenagers who attended a Halloween party on Oct. 28, 2023, in Queen Creek, Arizona.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 6, 2024 6:11 AM

Police responded to the party around 9 p.m. that night following reports of a "juvenile disturbance." Upon arrival, they found teens walking in the streets, leaving the house they had been in.

There were conflicting accounts of what happened next. Some witnesses told The Arizona Republic, part of the USA TODAY network, that the party was out of control. Police said they did not see a party or indications of illegal activity when they arrived and were sent out to a "high-priority" call about a crime in progress elsewhere.

At 9:49 p.m., police received a 911 call about an assault in the same neighborhood, a few houses from the earlier call. When they arrived, they found Lord lying in the roadway.

He died two days later, on Oct. 30, of traumatic brain injuries.

Prosecutors said they believe the theft of a necklace from Lord's friend was the catalyst for a sequence of events but not the motive for the attack. Queen Creek police Chief Randy Brice told The Arizona Republic that the attack lasted seconds and was not stationary. He described the beating as unfolding as Lord moved through throngs of teenage partygoers.

Last month, Queen Creek police released recordings of a dozen 911 calls from the night of Lord's death, as well as a 1,162-page police report.

The contents of both have been described as disturbing, prompting Lord's community to rally harder around his family and loved ones.

In one call, a boy is crying, saying there were at least 15 attackers wearing ski masks at the party. He told dispatch that one of his friends had a broken wrist and another was on the ground unconscious.

“I’m scared. I don’t know what to do,” he said in the 9:49 p.m. call. “Are people on the way? I need them to get here. I do not want my friend to die.”

In another recording, which came in only minutes later at 9:53 p.m., a teen tells a 911 dispatcher that a group of trained lifeguards was trying to administer CPR on Lord. The caller estimated that Lord had not been breathing for up to two minutes.

Text, Snapchat and other social media messages sent by the alleged assailants were also reviewed, including a screenshot seen by police in which one teen allegedly said: "I hit a kid and this kid feel [sic] hit his head and then they kicked his head in the ground, then I got word he died so idk."

Another screenshotted interaction included a discussion of a reportedly deleted video that existed of the fight, with one teen saying: "Yo tell me you didn't delete the video of the dead kid. It's 10k if you give to the popo [sic]."

Following a Maricopa County grand jury indictment on March 6, Queen Creek police arrested three juveniles and four adults on charges of murder and kidnapping.

Treston Billey, 18; William "Owen" Hines, 18; Jacob Meisner, 17; Talan Renner, 17; Taylor Sherman, 19; Dominic Turner, 20; and Talyn Vigil, 17 were taken into custody in relation to the attack. Renner, Vigil and Mesiner were to be charged as adults.

All were charged with first-degree murder, second-degree murder and kidnapping. Billey, Meisner and Turner also were charged with aggravated robbery.

Some of the people charged in Lord's attack have ties to the gang known as the "Gilbert Goons," reported the Arizona Republic, part of the USA TODAY network. For more than a year, Goons have carried out assaults on teenagers in the southeast Valley, allegedly recording attacks they perpetrated in parks, parking garages, outside fast-food restaurants and at house parties.

Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell acknowledged the overlap of individuals involved in Goon attacks and Lord's murder.

Hines, Meisner, Renner, Sherman, Turner and Vigil were arraigned on March 13 in Maricopa County Superior Court and all entered pleas of not guilty to first-degree murder and kidnapping. Meisner and Turner also pleaded not guilty to aggravated robbery charges. Billey was arraigned the following day and also pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder, kidnapping and aggravated robbery.

An initial trial date is scheduled for November.

by Anonymousreply 200April 6, 2024 6:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!