Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone who know claim to have seem a ghost/something supernatural? Do you believe them?

I have a relative who is usually very stoic and easy going. Rarely shows emotion, happy or sad, but is neutral most of the time.

However, he once told me about a ghostly encounter he had in his early twenties. He was riding his bike along an isolated stretch of countryside. It was a bright, sunny day and there was nobody else around, and no cars. As he continued down the road, he noticed a person in front of a billboard, hunched over like they were doing something in the grass. When this person saw my relative approaching, he stopped whatever he was doing in the grass, hide behind the billboard for a moment, then came back out and stuck his thumb out like he was trying to catch a drive.

My relative found this weird because he was on a bike, not a car, so it's not like he could offer the guy a drive. As my relative rode closer, he noticed how strange-looking the man near the billboard was. He said his neck was way too long, his face was small and the lower face was smooth with no mouth or jaw. The eyes were huge, and he was wearing a cap or beret. No nose, just nostril holes. He was really tall and had very long arms. My relative said the moment he saw this guy, he was overwhelmed with a surge of primal fear, like he was looking at an uncanny valley creation.

He rode away as fast as he could, and looked over his shoulder to see the guy staring at him in the distance, now with his arms behind his back. My relative got genuinely teary-eyed telling me this story, and looked very uneasy. I'm usually a skeptic, but whatever he saw must have been real to him.

by Anonymousreply 64May 7, 2024 11:34 AM

Damn it. I made a typo in the title. It's meant to read: Anyone you know claim to have seem a ghost/something supernatural? Do you believe them?

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2024 3:02 AM

No OP. I also don't believe in sky fairies.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2024 3:07 AM

I posted this elsewhere her but...

When I was starting out one of my first temp jobs was at a very elegant law firm housed in an enormous mansion in Westchester of which only the ground story was furnished and used. It was like working in an art museum - a huge library, paintings and statues everywhere - the head lawyer was a very refined eldergay who believed in the efficacy of the 3 PM martini and there were lots of handsome young guys and fabulous young ladies working there, so I was enjoying it.

Except for Miss White and Mr. Walker.

Miss White was the receptionist, or at least she looked like a receptionist; she was visible for a few seconds whenever you looked down a certain hall - a young woman in a white blouse sitting at a desk who vanished the minute you saw her. The first time I noticed her I just about jumped out of my skin, but when I asked around they just said "That's Miss White" and refused to speculate further. She looked like a black-and-white photograph of herself, unmoving, but faintly luminous.

Mr. Walker was more troubling. I only encountered him once, which was as much as I ever wanted to - he manifested himself as a series of dull thuds from the second floor traipsing the length of the upstairs hallway to the head of the staircase. I was staying to work on a late project with some of the junior partners. They heard it too and we all went completely silent. You wouldn't think something as simple as a noise could convey such a sense of malignity. When the footsteps - they sounded more as if someone was dropping a series of bricks - halted, the head of the project simply said "I think we can leave off here and pick this up in the morning" and we gathered our coats and left.

Turns out the eldergay was quite aware that the house had a reputation and had a few stories himself of encounters with various highly unpleasant things, including something evidently composed of shadows in the garden, but simply laughed them off. However, some years prior to my employment, some hotshot junior employee evidently decided once to have a word with Mr. Walker, got about halfway up the stairs, freaked out completely and took off, never to return.

From what I can tell the house is now a private home again. How the current inhabitants manage Miss White and Mr. Walker - let alone the other terrors - I'm sure I couldn't tell you.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2024 3:08 AM

I haven’t seen anything, but I felt really reluctant when my mum tried to take a photo of us up the staircase of a ruined tower in Caerphilly Castle. I wanted to get out of there!

When the photo was developed, there was a streak of light in front of us. It could be coincidence or a camera malfunction, but it the photo I have scared eyes and my hand is in a “claw” position, I was so scared 🤷🏻

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2024 3:09 AM

I believe I've posted this story in another thread here, but when I was a teenager I saw the ghost of a woman in our family home. .. I was by myself alone, just sitting in front of the coffee table in the living room, sorta doing homework with the TV on. It was late at night, but I wasn't sleepy at all. I saw something in the adjoining dining room and looked over, and there she was, just kind of standing in the corner near the doorway that leads into the kitchen. She looked around 45 years old, white, dark hair, and dressed in clothing from the 1930s/40s. While I was surprised, she didn't frighten me all. In fact, if anything she seemed a little surprised that I saw her. She kind of just stood there for awhile then disappeared.

I didn't tell anyone about this experience until about 10 years later. My two older sisters and I had gotten together to go to dinner, and somehow the subject of ghosts came up, basically the same question being asked her. So I decided to finally tell both of them about my sighting in the family home. But before I could get anything out, my one sister started to tell her own story. Well, basically, she saw the exact same thing in our house that I did all on her own. The description of the woman was the same, the clothes were the same, she was in the same room, even near the same doorway. She even said the same thing, about not being frightened by this spirit, as there was this calmness about the whole experience.

Needless to say, we were totally astonished about this shared-not-shared experience. .. My other sister felt left out... lol.

We know that two sisters built the house in 1927 and lived there together. They both had something to do with the nascent Hollywood movie business. We're thinking if this ghost was connected to the house somehow, then it might be one of them. Only one other family lived in the house before my parents bought it. And we know what wife/mother looked like and it wasn't her. She was the only woman in the family.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2024 4:08 AM

I used to judge people who had supernatural encounters but then I had some of my own which I was unable to replicate. Now I feel bad for doing that.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2024 10:20 PM

R4 here, R6… I was raised athiest, and still don’t understand, “scientifically”, how”ghosts” could possibly exist - and yet people have experienced whatever “ghosts” are, from time immemorial. In all cultures, all around the world, people experience “ghosts”, and always have done. There is [italic]something[/italic] happening, and I’d love to know what it is!!

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2024 8:32 AM

Not to derail this thread and turn it into a philosophical or theological debate, but ...

Some nights, I lie awake in bed and think about the fact that humans have been around for, say, 160,000 years. The Big Bang occurred 13.8 billion years ago. That means that we've been around -- as a species -- for .00115% of the duration of the universe's existence. The human brain, the tool that we use to apprehend the universe and our place within it, is very young.

Similarly, there are an estimated 2 billion to 2 trillion galaxies in the universe, each with an estimated average of 100 billion stars. Assuming each star has at least one planet, there are easily 200 billion trillion individual planets in the universe. And human beings have -- personally -- visited exactly 0 of those 200 billion trillion planets.

My point is, we really, truly, know nothing metaphysical about the universe and our role in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 8:53 AM

R4 here again! My sister’s boyfriend has a side-job doing flood remediation (this is in Victoria on Vancouver Island). There’s a pub in an old part of my city that I’d always heard was “haunted”; when I went there, I never noticed anything except the usual cat pee scent that a lot of old buildings here tend to have.

Rob (my sister’s boyfriend), though, met a ghost there. He was supposedly the only person in the building, doing his flood remediation thing, but encountered a solid-looking woman in 1920s dress at the top of the stairs. He confirmed with his coworkers that there was no one else in the building at the time.

Rob isn’t the sort of person who would make that sort of thing up, and is an atheist, as am I. I believe he saw whatever a “ghost” is. He saw it clear as day, and the both of us have talked about it, trying to work out what it might be. I reiterate that I’m an atheist, as is he, but ghosts are [italic]real[/italic]. What they actually [italic]are[/italic] is up for debate!

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2024 9:18 AM

R8! Yes! I’m R4, R7, and R9. This subject fascinates me. What is “reality”? What is “time”? The laws of the universe (what even [italic]is[/italic] the univers and its “laws”?) Is so beyond our understanding. The human brain is a tool through which we filter/experience “reality” There is so much we don’t understand (i.e. the possibility of all time happening at once)

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2024 9:34 AM

Great minds r10

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2024 10:44 AM

I don't, but my psychic insists they are real.

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2024 10:47 AM

I could fill a book, and I've told many of my stories here on DL. It started when I was four years old when I woke up late one night and heard someone playing the piano downstairs. Everybody was asleep and in bed.

One of my favorites I've told here before. I was standing in the kitchen doorway facing the hallway leading from the bedroom area to the living room/kitchen area. Suddenly I heard a cat racing down the hallway toward me. I look up the hallway and here comes Dax, my young tuxedo cat. He is being pursued by something, and as he comes closer, I see it is a black cat. At that time we did not have a black cat. They race past me like Ichabod Crane being pursued by the headless horseman. As they reach the living room doorway, poor terrified Dax passes through, but his pursuer vanishes in the blink of an eye.

All that day and into the evening, Dax skulks around the house expecting to be ambushed by his ghostly pursuer.

That night, on his way to bed, my partner glances back down the hallway behind him and sees the black interloper sitting at the end of the hallway, looking toward him.

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2024 1:18 PM

It was at this place called the Wawona Hotel just outside Yosemite. I remember driving up and having an eerie feeling. The place looked haunted. I was with two friends. We were in Moore Cottage and there was a locked door separating us from another room. Around 11 pm we were in bed when I heard a loud group of people in that room. I couldn't make out what they were talking about but they were clearly excited about something. After a while the noise quieted and we all fell asleep. The next day we got up early to leave and I noticed the room next door was empty and made up, with the curtains open. I asked the desk clerk if anyone had been there the night before and he said no. Years later I read about a pilot who crashed his small plane on the hotel grounds in 1922. They pulled him from the wreckage alive and took him into that room in Moore Cottage. He died before the ambulance arrived. His ghost has been seen around the hotel for decades. I've never had an experience like this before or after but all three of us heard it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 30, 2024 2:32 PM

Have seen an orb, it was beautiful a pale transparent sort of robins egg blue on outside peachy color on inside with sparkly stuff on inside.. hear voices in house ,every morning the blankets on bed would be perfectly horizontal rather than vertical. SO GLAD to be out of that house.

by Anonymousreply 15April 30, 2024 2:43 PM

I don’t give much credence to ghost stories, so I sometimes forget that the existence of ghosts is a given in my family. I once sat through a long story where my mom told me that my cousin went downstairs in the middle of the night and found a lit candle next to a thank you note she received for sending flowers after someone died. She hadn’t lit the candle, and her daughter was not home.

That was it. That was the story. My mom stopped talking and I continued waiting for the end where my cousin figured out what happened (like maybe her daughter was home after all). After a few moments, I realized that the assumed end/explanation was that the ghost of the person who died had somehow lit this candle, and I was supposed to be awed by it. Instead, I’m still irritated that I don’t know who lit the candle.

by Anonymousreply 16April 30, 2024 2:56 PM

[quote] It's meant to read: Anyone you know claim to have seem a ghost/something supernatural?

It’s meant to read that way? Still oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 17April 30, 2024 2:58 PM

I've had a couple of episodes in my life that have no logical explanation. One involved the master electric switch to my apt. being switched off, in a locked basement area. The clearly spooked super mumbled, "Even if you ran too much, the circuit box would have tripped instead." At the same flat, one day I couldn't find my watch. I hadn't checked where it eventually ended up - the kleenex box by my bed. The watch fit snugly, no way it "fell off". Moreover, the box had the plastic film with a slit to remove the tissues, no way it "fell in". I would have had to deliberately put it in the box instead of on the Table.

At another place, I did a load of wash in the laundry room. When I came back to dry it, one of the dryers had the change for one load in the tray fully stocked. No one else was using any other machines that afternoon at anytime I was there three times. The only possible explanation [italic]might[/italic] have been that they loaded the tray early to dry items that had been washed at their place by hand (it was not a rainy day)? But, that possibility seems incredibly remote to me.

by Anonymousreply 18April 30, 2024 3:19 PM

Off topic but the new season of Them is creeping the bejesus out of me. If you want something creepy to watch turn that on.

by Anonymousreply 19April 30, 2024 4:41 PM

I will watch for Halloween👆

by Anonymousreply 20April 30, 2024 5:27 PM

I had a couple of experiences at the Hollywood Roosevelt when I stayed in the reportedly haunted room. On two consecutive nights the light switch in a supply closet across the hall from my room flipped on as I neared the door. The first night I assumed someone from the staff was inside and paid little attention, but it happening again the next night struck me as odd enough that I investigated further. No one in the supply closet, no other entrances or exits, and I'd distinctly heard the click of the light switch flipping as I walked past so it wasn't just a bulb flickering. That second night there was also a clock radio playing loudly in my room which I'd never turned on, but I can't rule out one of the housekeepers forgetting to turn it off before leaving. Whatever was going on, it seemed to be reacting to my presence, but I never saw any apparitions or had any ghostly messages communicated. I'm skeptical that it was the ghost of Montgomery Clift as rumored, but something out of the ordinary was happening.

I've stayed at other haunted hotels (and will be vacationing at one next month) without having any paranormal experiences. The ghost tours are entertaining, though.

by Anonymousreply 21April 30, 2024 5:31 PM

Driving the half hour to Aldi’s yesterday, this torchy, anthemic song from the 90’s club scene that I didn’t especially like came on over my AirPlay. This is weird because the regular queue of songs Siri plays is so different.

Then another. And another. And another. None of these songs I’ve listened to, purchased or have the albums in my phone.

They were my dead roommates faves from the early 90’s, one after the other in a deliberate succession that I would pay attention. He died from AIDS in 1997, and was a tormented soul terrified of dying. The one thing he did do was protect and warn me when i was an innocent, teenage gayling. He still does, all these years later.

I had a nice long jag of crying on the way back and realized now what he was trying to tell me from the beyond.

Thank you John.

by Anonymousreply 22April 30, 2024 6:08 PM

Yes I’ve had a few paranormal experiences but I’ve only seen an apparition once.

I’m not convinced that these are “ghosts” of the dead but could be glimpses into alternative universes.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2024 12:18 AM

I've told both these stories over the years here on DL.

1. Walking down a hill around 1am or so one night from school to my apartment. I see someone standing at the bottom of the hill in front of me. Covered in shadow, I couldn't make out anything except he was a full grown male so naturally, I just moved across the street to the other side of the road. Took my eyes off of him for a split second and he was gone. There was an open field where he was standing so nowhere to hide. He also had been standing under a street lamp so I should have been able to see some features (clothing, color, something) but nothing but black shadow.

2. Nothing supernatural but I felt pure, raw evil. Was driving back to my apartment with my friend around 2am or so, not far from my apartment. We stopped at the red light before making a left turn and a truck pulled up across from us. He slammed on his brakes and stopped in the middle of the intersection. I didn't know what to do so when I got the green arrow I proceed and he makes a sharp right and starts chasing us. Then pulling up beside us. We are flying doing like 60-65 in a 30 and I'm freaking out. My stomach was in my feet and I just felt pure dread. Never felt that before or sense. It was like death was all around us. All I could say over and over to my friend was, "I can't look at his face. Please don't let me see his face." Well she looked and then let out this blood curdling scream. She said it was like he had completely dead eyes. He wasn't even staring at the road, just looking at us. Finally he broke off and we lost him.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2024 1:07 AM

No, Davida. We’ve been telling you for years there’s no such thing as ghosts or supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2024 1:26 AM

[quote]My stomach was in my feet and I just felt pure dread.

This reminded me of something similar except I was walking on a deserted sidewalk in Hollywood near my house. For some unexplained reason I was struck with a paralyzing fear that someone or something was about to hurt or kill me. The only way I can describe it is to say that it felt that I was aware that someone out of my line of vision had a gun pointed at me and was about to pull the trigger. Pure dread that kept me rooted to the spot until the feeling passed. Never happened before or again.

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2024 1:06 PM

OP's secondhand story sounds like Slender Man (no, not Jared Kushner), an urban legend trope mostly transmitted online, like the Shadow Man (Hat Man).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2024 5:14 PM

I think I have told these before. I had a friend whose whole life was filled with spirits. They followed her wherever she went. She said she had 5 spirits in the house she had currently lived in, none of them connected. She was moving and having a yard sale and I was outside looking into the house and saw someone walk by and called out to her. She tapped me on the shoulder and was behind me outside. That was the 1st ghost I had seen.

.I have a spirit who lives with me but I know who it is. Sometimes it is very hard to comprehend or believe and I was no different. I asked the spirit to give me a sign. A few days later I couldn't find my sneakers anywhere and eventually figured I would come across them.

A few days later I got out of the shower and went to comb my hair and my comb wasn't on the counter. I looked under it, all around on the floor and then took my hand stretched it out flat, palm down and scanned the entire counter top to see if I was just missing it. I did this 3x's. The reason I did this was because a lot of times I wouldn't see something and then all of a sudden see and think I had just missed it somehow. I finally gave up looking and turned around to get another comb out of the cabinet and when I turned back there it was almost teetering on the edge. Even though I have always believed, that scared the crap out of me and I was afraid to touch it.

About a week later I went to sit down on the sofa in the living room and there were my sneakers sitting in the center of the floor in the living room.

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2024 6:07 PM

I have not seen one, mercifully, but I have numerous encounters with them.

I have a friend who bought and renovated a beautiful Victorian house in an older part of town.

The first time I went to visit her, I looked at the house and it said, “ I am the Grand Dame of this area and you’d best recognize.” I laughed, because it isn’t very impressive from the outside. The inside, however, looks like a museum.

She was giving me a tour of the house in the middle of a sunny afternoon. There was natural light coming in though the windows and doors on the second floor as we were headed upstairs. At the top of the stairs was a shadow.

My friend just passed right by it, but it got right up on me, cold as ice and menacing. I was unnerved, but I can sometimes talk to them, so I asked it in a low whisper, “what’s your deal, man? I’m a friend”.

My friend heard me and turned to ask who I was talking to. There was this awkward silence. The ghost was still there, menacing. It was pretty funny, actually. Me, standing on a second floor landing, caught between my curious friend and a pissed off ghost.

I finally asked delicately “did you, ah, have you put a blessing or something on this house?”

She laughed and waved her hand. “Oh, HIM! He’s the butler”

Just as I was going to have her call him off, her daughter had been standing at the bottom of the stairs, listening to the entire conversation. She screams, “it’s the ghost!” And flees.

What a fucking weird set of emotions that was. Relief, because she knew about the dude. Confirmation that I knew he was there and what he was about, and still that menacing from him until she said, “this is my friend”.

We had a nice, long talk about her haunted AF house. The butler dude is the only one I personally have encountered, but she says there are a total of three and she sees two of them regularly. So does her daughter, which is pretty terrifying for her, even though he doesn’t really do anything but check on her to make sure she’s ok.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2024 6:36 PM

Years ago, I had scored a job as a stylist at a celebrity salon on Bleecker St. (SJP, Julianne Moore, Mariah, Caroline Kennedy) with several Fekkai alum that had moved to the West Village. One French guy would come in at 5am to do clients, and asked me for help, so I had come in to do her friend as well. When we were both downstairs, we heard someone stomp loudly across the floor upstairs even though the salon was closed and locked up. The clients hadn’t arrived yet. No one was there.

Here’s where I say at one time it was a private brownstone, and there are several burial plots In the back, the smarmy old landlord had flattened three tombstones at some point into a round of flagstones to make a little shabby chic garden area, and I could tell the spirits weren’t happy AT ALL.

An hour or so later with clients in chairs, the back door BURST open and a tray of foils upended, causing the entire pile to raise up and suspend in the air like the vision of a giant tree, that held a bit before falling down again.

Years later I stopped by when the salon had closed and turned into a Tommy Hilfiger store, and asked about the ghosts. Still there!

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2024 11:50 PM

No. Ghosts don't exist outside our imagination. And the supernatural is always something occurring naturally.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2024 12:01 AM

I did when I was 4 or 5 years old. It was at my grandmother's vegetable garden and a woman was standing about ten feet away and had on clothing that was cloak/robe like and smiling at me. I felt great love for her and suddenly my grandmother asked me what I was looking at and I told her the lady. She looked around and asked what lady? She then disappeared which made me feel immensely sad. I remember it as clearly today as I did decades ago. I have no idea what that was about.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2024 12:25 AM

Yes. Several experiences in the early 1980s, both alone and with others in a very haunted building in Ybor City, Tampa's Latin Quarter.

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2024 1:07 AM

No. Never but I'm a believer in science.

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2024 1:11 AM

I wish I could believe it. So many departed I'd love to see again.

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2024 1:31 AM

I've had more than a few encounters and I do not like discussing them but I'll share this reoccurring issue I have had for many years. I see visions of people dying. At the specific time I 'see' the vision I don't know who the person might be as I'm having the vision, but I know they are passing from this realm into another. I may be awakened and tell my husband I had the vision, or be interrupted as I'm just going about living my life. It has happened so many times that we started documenting the time of the 'vision'. We then wait for the phone call. The phone call always comes, and the person has passed at the time of my vision. I remember one in particular that really bothered me. I was on a party bus when the vision came to me. I could see the person on what I would describe as lying flat on a surgery table, maybe a gurney. We documented the time as usual and found out later that evening it was the parent of a good friend that had gone in for a simple procedure and had died on the operating table... at the exact time I envisioned it. I had no idea she went in for the procedure so please don't suggest that. ... l hate this. No one wants to have me tell them, "See ya later", that's for sure. I've had many other things happen, not just this. I assure you, I am disturbed by my special talents. They go well beyond the visions I get.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2024 1:36 AM

Fascinating, R36.

Do you think you will see your own passing when the time comes?

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2024 1:39 AM

R34 et al A friend of mine who passed away a number of years ago, was considered the world's leading authority on his subject in the engineering and scientific realms. He also had multiple patents and a grossly expensive consulting fee structure. He always said that people who are the "No, it could never be" and smug dismissive out-of-hand types were as unscientific as a person could possibly be.

In my opinion, it seems to me that the kind of people that dismiss this kind of thing are uncomfortable with it as it upsets their personal narrative. They remind me of the people who two hundred years ago thought it was incredibly stupid to believe some kind of power could travel down a copper wire.

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2024 1:54 AM

Not really R38. The scientific types just want proof. Doesn't mean they aren't open. They just want proof, not hearsay and opinion. Quantum physics may hold the answers.

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2024 3:17 AM

R39 The ‘scientific’ people commenting here aren’t even remotely that. Have you ever talked to these types? They’re as batshit religious/dogmatic about their beliefs as any churchgoer you’d ever meet.

by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2024 11:44 AM

I do not believe in ghosts but OP’s story sounds more like an encounter with alien life.

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2024 11:50 AM

Umm a deserted stretch of sidewalk in Hollywood r26 ? I’d say your sense of dread was warranted.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2024 11:56 AM

R40 I'm R34. Yes, some of us are open but skeptical and need proof.

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2024 2:02 PM

R37 No, I do not believe I will see my own passing. I had lived a life of oddities like as these 'visions' for so long that I decided I could no longer handle whatever it was powering these occurrences. I made a major effort to end them. They were changing me from being a happy, or I should say content person. When I felt something coming on I'd squash the thoughts. It finally worked and I have not had an episode for about 20 years now. If you stop to consider how creepy and disturbing this could be on your psyche then you might do the same. I couldn't stand it any longer. You'd need to walk that mile in my shoes. It wasn't just that type of strangeness, there were other kinds of incidents happening that were becoming too much to handle. My best friend thought it might be a dark force trying to overtake me. My sister had this type of energy to a lesser degree, but it was definitely there. Consider how disturbing it would be to have this type of ... what is it anyway, ... Knowledge? Energy? Power? When you level with people and tell them about something like this they think you're either crazy or making it up. No. Not crazy or making this up. I only share this because it's on an anonymous board or I'd never admit to it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2024 6:45 PM

I recently paid a visit to the refurbished Chelsea Hotel in NY. That place has a lot of crazy history. It is beautifully redone, but the whole time I was there (having a drink in the bar) I felt very uneasy, uncomfortable and like something really heavy was in the air. I couldn't shake it. The minute I stepped outside of the hotel I felt totally fine again. Maybe it was the ghost of Sid Vicious!

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2024 6:52 PM

Oops - I got that the wrong way around. It was Sid who killed Nancy in the Chelsea!

by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2024 6:57 PM

I can believe it R45. That place has vibes just walking by it. Didn't people commit suicide there?

by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2024 6:56 PM

Does ghost shit count?

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2024 6:59 PM

The house my folks bought in the sixties had been built and owned by a guy who ran one of those offshore casinos in the olden days. In the cellar we had a slot machine, a pinball machine and an old slate-topped pool table, all of which my parents paid a little extra for. There was a creepy-ass mural painted on the wall at the top of the stairs, something vaguely Dickensian. I wish i'd photographed it but when I was a teenager my mother gave me permission to paint the Yellow Submarine over it, so the mural ended up under a sea of green. Some nights, late, we could hear people playing pool. My brothers and sister could back me up on this. At various times over the years family members have actually gone down cellar to make sure someone hadn't started an impromptu game. I don't know if the current owners still hear it or exorcised the spooks or whatever. The house was sold in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2024 7:31 PM

How cool, r49! A speak easy in the basement

by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2024 8:38 PM

My father's family has included numerous sensitives, some of whom had a very had time managing the combination of real-world and supernatural experiences.

We had a haunting in my family home (creaking stairs with the sound of footfalls, breathing on people's necks when in bed, a case of someone feeling pushed backward towards the stairs with considerable force). It went on for years.

All of us children saw "little people," tiny people going about their business without paying attention to us, and we each experienced this without sharing the information until one day we realized we all saw it. I never quite knew how to categorize this one.

Three times I stayed in a hotel that was well-known for activity. I didn't know this before my first stay and I saw a shadow man in my room, late, as I worked in bed. It had the most malevolent feeling I have ever felt. The stay something started growling in the middle of the night from the same corner from which the shadow man (blacker than black with an overcoat and hat) came. The third time it was daytime and I had just arrived, and a whirling kind of energy started up in the same corner, very alarming and indescribable, which stopped when hotel staff knocked on the door and said they were going to move furniture; I spent the night in another room with nothing unusual happening.

by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2024 8:53 PM

How many stars and planets are in the known universe? With ~2 trillion galaxies within our observable Universe, we can extrapolate our Universe's planetary total. There are ~1025 planets that orbit stars, with some ~1026-1030 additional starless planets. It is ten to the power of 25. Ten to the power of 26 and 30.

This is so beautifully written that I am including it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2024 9:06 PM

r32 that was a relative from another life. maybe a parent or your child.

by Anonymousreply 53May 6, 2024 9:17 PM

I was always told (since I was a little boy) if a red cardinal comes to visit you, it means you will be hearing about a death of someone close to you within 24 hours. The cardinal will stay with you until the person 'crosses over' safely to the other side.

This past Friday, a beautiful red cardinal visited me in my backyard. The cardinal hung around my yard all weekend - through Sunday afternoon. I haven't seen it since. Late last night, the wife of one of my closest friends (whom I've known for the past 30 years) posted on social media that my friend died unexpectedly in his sleep Saturday night. He was 65. Just three years ago, he and his wife lost their only child (a 23 year old son) unexpectedly from an undetected defective heart valve.

by Anonymousreply 54May 6, 2024 10:53 PM

Thats what you get for filling up that fucking bird feeder R54.

Are you happy now? You basically killed your friend.

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2024 11:01 PM

I love red cardinals, flashy males. The females are cute too, but a less flashy brown. They love our thick cedar hedge. The males can be a bit aggressive at times but never as bad as red winged blackbirds

by Anonymousreply 56May 7, 2024 12:03 AM

Damn, r54. Sorry to hear about your friend.

He may pay you a visit to let you know he’s ok.

by Anonymousreply 57May 7, 2024 12:22 AM

R55 No bird feeder. They attract rats and other unwanted visitors.

by Anonymousreply 58May 7, 2024 12:27 AM

I live in a haunted house. I experience visitations fairly regularly. Spirits have passed over - they are very different than ghosts, which haven't passed, are confused and troubled.

by Anonymousreply 59May 7, 2024 12:34 AM

Anyone who claims to have seen a ghost is mental and should be under close supervision.

by Anonymousreply 60May 7, 2024 12:39 AM

My great-great aunt lived in a house that was supposedly haunted. She was dead and gone before I was born but my mother, who is as sober as a judge, swears that she saw an ashtray move from one table to the other, as well as a coat hanger whip around a bedroom like it was in a tornado.

People from the Duke Parapsychology Lab came out and did all these tests in the 50s and, of course, didn’t see anything happen.

My aunt was an old maid and not physically well and had two adult caretakers, male and female siblings, who she allowed to live in a small house on the property in exchange for taking care of her. My mother always thought they had something so do with it, supposedly the stuff started happening after her husband died and she brought them in.

by Anonymousreply 61May 7, 2024 1:29 AM

I've had supernatural experiences since I was a child, though they have occurred pretty rarely in my adult life. The last truly profound one I had was when I was around 17. The more recent experiences I've had are more feelings than anything else (i.e. having an inexplicable bad feeling in a certain space).

Many skeptics will make fun of you for saying this. My response to that is that the supernatural phenomena people experience very well could be "future science" (i.e. not currently understood, but perhaps a testable scientific explanation may arise in the future). If you would have tried to explain a computer to a person living 200 years ago, they would think you were talking about a witch. I think there is likely some explanation for ghosts/the supernatural that have yet to be discovered.

by Anonymousreply 62May 7, 2024 1:51 AM

My brother died suddenly of an aneurysm. The night he died, I was staying in my childhood bedroom. There was a decorative birdcage on one of the shelves. It hadn’t been touched in many years. That night, while I was sleeping, the birdcage fell off the shelf.

At almost the same time, my parent’s alarm clock went off. They hadn’t set it.

I felt strongly—and still do—that it was my brother trying to get our attention. It was weirdly comforting—not scary—that he was close enough to cause a minor disruption.

by Anonymousreply 63May 7, 2024 2:08 AM

Might as well include another story. I've posted this before, but what the heck.

I appear to be a ghost magnet.

I was living at home. My father was at work, and my mother and grandmother had gone shopping. I was the only person in the house.

I was sitting at a desk in the living room, facing the window, my back turned to the room itself. Suddenly I felt someone place the palm of his hand on top of my head. I turned around but there was nobody there.

I said "If there's somebody in this room, give me a sign. Immediately the ceiling chandelier lit up.

by Anonymousreply 64May 7, 2024 11:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!