Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sad Angry Bitter Shut-Ins Thread #1

Because you deserve a play space of your own.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2024 2:11 AM

[quote] Because you deserve a play space of your own.

It's called The Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2024 4:45 PM

Last week, my phone’s email began not retrieving mail from my Yahoo account. I called Apple, I called Yahoo, I downloaded the Yahoo app, I deleted the mail account from the phone countless times and added it countless times. Each time it would work for a while and then fail.

Yahoo’s app has ads - for gambling, if you can believe that — and I hate it but I’m defeated. I can’t delete and re-add the account to my phone’s mail app one more time. At least not now. Maybe when I rest up and have breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2024 4:51 PM

Aaaaaand it just worked. This will either send me over the edge or teach me something about patience.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2024 4:56 PM

As a true eldergay luddite, I never consult email on a phone.

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2024 5:05 PM

Is there any noise in the universe more grating than the sound of children at play?

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2024 6:40 PM

Someone in my building is airing a sportsball game.

I hate poor people; we are unnecessarily loud.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2024 6:46 PM

The neighbor noise r6 describes is worse to me than that of which r5 complains. I hate, loathe, and detest New Order because of an upstairs neighbor who used to blare it at 3 AM, while up to his eyeballs in nightly cocaine miasma back in 1987. The worst kids ever did me was when I lived next to a Yeshiva on W. 75th while I was in school. Recess seemed to last all afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2024 9:10 PM

Ah, yes, R7. How vividly I recall the upstairs guy who played a sax all day and typed all night. I promised to type his novel for him if he would just, please, write in longhand. Didn’t even make a dent in his self centeredness.

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2024 9:48 PM

I might be sad and in bed, but I got cash in the mattress.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2024 10:17 PM

I've got some money now, after that landslide almost killed my husband, Grandkids and me. But, now I don't want to leave the shitty apt we're living in. I mean I never hardly leave, except to grocery shop. All the things I used to do I just don't do anymore. I keep putting off looking at a house to buy. So, I guess I'm a shut in. Fuck it I'm so unmotivated.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2024 2:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!