Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump has been unable to get bond for $464 million judgment, his lawyers say

Former President Donald Trump has not been able to get a bond to secure the $464 million fraud judgment against him, his lawyers said in a court filing Monday.

Trump and his company need to post a bond for the full amount by next week in order to stop New York Attorney General Letitia James from being able to collect while he appeals. They've asked an appeals court to step in in the meantime and said Monday that they have not had any success getting a bond.

"Defendants’ ongoing diligent efforts have proven that a bond in the judgment’s full amount is 'a practical impossibility,'" the filing said. "These diligent efforts have included approaching about 30 surety companies through 4 separate brokers."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 25, 2024 7:32 PM

Poor baby.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2024 3:13 PM

Womp, womp.

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2024 3:13 PM

He was claiming the same about the Carroll bond, then magically came up with it at the last minute. There's still a week left, some billionaire will come through.

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2024 3:13 PM

Don't worry, Elmo so desperately wants tariffs on EVs coming from Mexico that he'll pony up the money and be Emperor Orange's bond guarantor. And if not him, Mohammad bin Bonesaw, Victor Orban, or the big guy Putin will step in with the cash. After all, what's half a $billion to someone that wealthy? It's hardly even the coins found in their sofa after a house party.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2024 3:15 PM

One of the legal experts on MSNBC just explained that this means he does not have $464 M in collateral to back the bond. That is why 20 bond insurers have rejected him - if you don't have the collateral, they don't want you.

She also explained that if he doesn't get his 'stay' on this by next week, James can start going after his assets - and she will move on that immediately.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2024 3:16 PM

Oh boy. Time for the🍿.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2024 3:16 PM

Yeah, R4, what’s half a billion to someone as wealthy as Dump.

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2024 3:17 PM

His wealth is smoke and mirrors. Most of his assets are real estate assets, and I'm sure they're heavily mortgaged already.

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2024 3:19 PM

Broke ass ugly bitch!

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2024 3:19 PM

Daddy, I can get you whatever cash is left at the RNC.

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2024 3:19 PM

Well, that’s embarrassing for somebody whose entire existence revolves around pathological narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2024 3:21 PM

This is yet another stall tactic. How do you know he’s lying? His mouth is moving.

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2024 3:22 PM

What a loser!

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2024 3:24 PM

[quote]Most of his assets are real estate assets, and I'm sure they're heavily mortgaged already.

How does this effect Letitia James from acquiring these ? If she takes his property, is NY now responsible for the debts on the property (including the mortgages), or is Trump still responsible ? (I'm sure he owes back property taxes, too.)

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2024 3:27 PM

Interesting Jared isn't ponying up, after getting $2 billion from the Saudis.

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2024 3:39 PM

I'd be shocked if he DIDN'T get the stay. Everything's coming up roses for him lately in the legal arena. I'm starting to think something is fishy with the court system. Ya think?

Besides, if he doesn't get the stay , he's planning to appeal to the appellate court. Then he can go to the NY Court of Appeals.

So nothing's getting sold for a. long while.

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2024 3:41 PM

R14, The laws vary, but typically the state could seize the asset but must respect the priority of the liens against the property before selling off the asset to satisfy the judgment. The issue for James/NY is that Trump has undoubtedly over-leveraged his NY properties (probably by a multiple of what they're actually worth) making their net value less than zero.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2024 3:45 PM

r16 The appellate court shot him down in less than 24 hours when he asked them if he could post the bond for just $100 million. They will not save him.

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2024 3:46 PM

[quote]Besides, if he doesn't get the stay , he's planning to appeal to the appellate court. Then he can go to the NY Court of Appeals.

That seems to be the problem - he can't move forward to appealing unless he ponies up the $464M or gets his 'stay' granted. There's an excellent chance the Judge denies the 'stay'.

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2024 3:47 PM

It's a start:

"Because of the $100 million debt, Forbes magazine calculated the tower's net worth at $371 million, excluding the Trumps' three-story penthouse, which has a net floor area of 10,996 square feet (1,021.6 m2)."

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2024 3:47 PM

Why aren't the deplorables ponying up the money for their dear lord and savior?

Somewhere in hell Jerry Falwell Senior and Pat Robertson are laughing their asses off.

by Anonymousreply 21March 18, 2024 3:49 PM

But…but…he’s a billionaire! I’ll send him more money!

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2024 3:51 PM

R17 Thank you for the explanation - makes sense now.

by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2024 3:51 PM

Goddamn deadbeat.

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2024 3:52 PM

r21, they tried with a Go Fund Me, but it stalled out at $1.3 million:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2024 3:52 PM

The Deplorables only liked him when he was a billionaire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2024 3:52 PM

So, only $463,000,000 to go!

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2024 3:53 PM

Trump's properties are mortgaged to fuck and back, but that doesn't mean the state can't get a piece. They can get a court order forcing the sale of the properties, the proceeds from which would be used to pay his creditors first. Anything left over would go toward the unpaid judgment.

Tish James will never get the $464 million. But she will get to slap a "SEIZED PROPERTY" sign on all of Trump's NYC properties, and that's an even bigger prize.

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2024 3:54 PM

I have my last Social Security check, r27!!

by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2024 3:55 PM

Can she take the name off?

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2024 3:56 PM

R30 She won't be involved in that, but whoever buys the properties will almost certainly do that.

In past dealings, whenever he's sold a building or lost a lease, they scrape those letters off the portico faster than you can say "Toxic Brand."

by Anonymousreply 31March 18, 2024 3:58 PM

R28 Thanks for all this info !

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2024 4:01 PM

Christ, how I would love to see Mar-a-Lago & all that tacky gold shit auctioned off, probably won't happen, but, a gay can dream.

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2024 4:03 PM

Is Melania considered a property asset ?

by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2024 4:05 PM

It was not a billionaire as such that bailed him out last time. It was Chubb Insurance. And Chubb claims it was allegedly done to make money. I don’t see that happening again.

by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2024 4:05 PM

R33 It'll never happen with his Flahrida properties. But fear not. If the taxman don't get him, then climate change will. That dump'll be washed away in a hurricane storm surge one of these years.

R34 She is, but nobody'd buy her at auction.

by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2024 4:06 PM

Thoughts and prayers in your time of need and suffering, Donald. And some rolls of paper towels and garbage bags, too.

I'm sure those will all help so much! As those are the solutions you've offered to mass shooting victims and their families, hurricane victims, and frontline healthcare workers during COVID, I'm sure you'll truly appreciate my wishes and know how sincere they are.

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2024 4:07 PM

Won't he just BK?

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2024 4:11 PM

[quote]"Because of the $100 million debt, Forbes magazine calculated the tower's net worth at $371 million, excluding the Trumps' three-story penthouse, which has a net floor area of 10,996 square feet (1,021.6 m2)."

Trump only owns the retail and commercial portions of the building and the three-story penthouse. The official owner is GMAC Commercial Mortgage. Not sure what his part is worth.

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2024 4:11 PM

“Tee hee!”-Richie Rich

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2024 4:13 PM

Another feel good story. I love feel good stories.

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2024 4:17 PM

It’s hard to take him seriously when he has not revealed any effort on his part to sell properties. He could sell the properties to pay for the bond, he just doesn’t want to,

by Anonymousreply 42March 18, 2024 4:24 PM

I'm grifting at the RNC as fast as I can, big daddy!

by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2024 4:25 PM

R42 his game plan is to never use his own money or assets (properties) to pay for debts ; he has said this a hundred times over the past 20 years. He wants to use other people's money.

by Anonymousreply 44March 18, 2024 4:26 PM

Trump testified last year that he had $400 million in cash in addition to his properties and other investments.

Did he commit perjury?

by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2024 4:41 PM

Court-imposed fines are not dischargeable in bankruptcy.

by Anonymousreply 46March 18, 2024 4:44 PM

No problem, Don.

by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2024 4:46 PM

[quote] Did he commit perjury?

Trump would never lie, silly goose!

by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2024 4:51 PM

Why would he ever need to lie? Everything he’s ever done is perfect. Not a single mistake. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 49March 18, 2024 4:56 PM

[quote]Won't he just BK?

Damages awarded for acts rooted in fraud or malice are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. OJ would have done it years ago if he could.

by Anonymousreply 50March 18, 2024 5:06 PM

There is only one billionaire in the world who would be willing to fund this, and he was just re-elected to be El Presidente for Life in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 51March 18, 2024 5:09 PM

So what was the case with his claim about the $400 million?

[quote]Sworn testimony - Sworn testimony is evidence given by a witness who has made a commitment to tell the truth. If the witness is later found to have lied whilst bound by the commitment, they can often be charged with the crime of perjury. The types of commitment can include oaths, affirmations and promises which are explained in more detail below.

Doesn't that mean that he COULD be prosecuted for lying under oath? Is there a lawyer here that can opine on that?

I guess the bigger problem is that if it was actionable, TPTB would not or do not or have not prosecuted him. And until the courts start prosecuting him for such lies, why wouldn't he continue to lie because he is untouchable.

For whatever reason, the courts continue to treat him as a special case. We all know that if any of us schlubs did the same things - or half the things that he's accused of, we'd be in pre-trial detention.

It's possible the man has sold national security secrets. Why is he still walking around free? NSA? CIA? Anyone have a problem with that?

Many of the people I've spoken with have given up on the legal system. They're useless. We've seen over and over that he is proof of a two tiered justice system.

by Anonymousreply 52March 18, 2024 5:20 PM

r15 I read that all of that money Jared got is gone. He needed it to pay off his debts.

by Anonymousreply 53March 18, 2024 5:21 PM

Can't get bond?

Then jail his ass!

by Anonymousreply 54March 18, 2024 5:23 PM

No one wants to fund the Racist Rapist. Rapey Racist, or whatever you want to call that festering pile of shit.

by Anonymousreply 55March 18, 2024 5:24 PM

It was a civil trial, not a criminal one. Debtor's prisons are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 56March 18, 2024 5:24 PM

He says he needs the cash he currently has for ongoing operations which in his case includes his lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 57March 18, 2024 5:25 PM

OK, then seize his assets!

by Anonymousreply 58March 18, 2024 5:25 PM

Sorry-he didn’t say the part about maintaining his lifestyle. That what my interpretation of “business operations “ since he basically lives above the shop.

by Anonymousreply 59March 18, 2024 5:29 PM

A house of cards eventually comes tumbling down. Hence the saying.

by Anonymousreply 60March 18, 2024 5:29 PM

I wish James could reply, ‘Fuck you. Pay me.” Like Tony Soprano.

by Anonymousreply 61March 18, 2024 5:30 PM

Basically, guy found liable for overstating his assets asks the court to take his word that his assets can cover the judgment, but not right now.

How do you suppose that’s going to go?

by Anonymousreply 62March 18, 2024 5:32 PM

[quote]Doesn't that mean that he COULD be prosecuted for lying under oath?

I believe it's not unprecedented.

by Anonymousreply 63March 18, 2024 5:32 PM

Forgive me—quite at r61 is from Goodfellas.

by Anonymousreply 64March 18, 2024 5:34 PM

I sure hope the Feds are keeping a close eye on Ivana’s grave.

Someone could just sneak in there, dig up some Top Secret nuclear documents and suddenly, fat orange discovers half a billion laying around.

by Anonymousreply 65March 18, 2024 5:38 PM

Is the Rose Motel up Schitt’s Creek in the future?

by Anonymousreply 66March 18, 2024 5:45 PM

Oh, don't nobody worry about Missy Jared. He just inked deals with Serbia and Albania to help "develop" properties and will be making multiple billions for his trouble.

by Anonymousreply 67March 18, 2024 5:46 PM

Sexy daddy Renato Mariotti said on CNN that Trump has had MONTHS to prepare for this and it’s all his fault.

by Anonymousreply 68March 18, 2024 6:55 PM

Trump Spurned by 30 Companies as He Seeks Bond in $454 Million Judgment

Donald J. Trump’s lawyers said in a court filing that he faces “insurmountable difficulties” as he tries to raise cash for the civil fraud penalty he faces in New York.

By Ben Protess, Kate Christobek and Maggie Haberman

March 18, 2024

Updated 2:21 p.m. ET

Donald J. Trump’s lawyers disclosed on Monday that he had failed to secure a roughly half-billion dollar bond in his civil fraud case in New York, raising the prospect that the state could seek to freeze some of his bank accounts and seize some of his marquee properties.

The court filing, coming one week before the bond is due, suggested that the former president might soon face a financial crisis unless an appeals court comes to his rescue. Mr. Trump has asked the appeals court to pause the $454 million judgment that a New York judge imposed on Mr. Trump in the fraud case last month, or accept a bond of only $100 million. Otherwise, the New York attorney general’s office, which brought the case, might soon move to collect from Mr. Trump.

The former president has been unable to secure the full bond, his lawyers said in the court filing on Monday, calling it a “practical impossibility” despite “diligent efforts.” Those efforts included approaching about 30 companies that provide appeal bonds, and yet, the lawyers said, he has encountered “insurmountable difficulties.”

The companies would essentially promise to cover Mr. Trump’s judgment if he lost an appeal and failed to pay. In exchange, he would pledge collateral and pay the company a fee as high as 3 percent of the bond.

They appear to be balking over a significant problem: Mr. Trump does not have enough liquidity to obtain the bond. To offer a bond of this size, the companies would require Mr. Trump to pledge more than $550 million in cash, stocks and bonds as collateral — a sum he simply does not have.

Although the former president boasts of his billions, his net worth is derived largely from the value of his real estate, which bond companies rarely accept as collateral. Mr. Trump has more than $350 million in cash, a recent New York Times analysis found, far short of what he needs.

The judge in the civil fraud case, Arthur F. Engoron, levied the $454 million penalty and other punishments after concluding that Mr. Trump had fraudulently inflated his net worth to obtain favorable loans and other benefits. The case, brought by the New York attorney general, Letitia James, has posed a grave financial threat to Mr. Trump.

He might have to post an appeal bond worth more — possibly above $500 million, to reflect the interest he will owe — in order to prevent Ms. James from seizing his assets on March 25.

Under the law, Ms. James could have moved to collect from Mr. Trump as soon as Justice Engoron ruled, but she offered a 30-day grace period, until March 25. It is unclear whether she will provide Mr. Trump extra time or if she will move swiftly to collect. Nor is it clear whether the appellate court will rule on his plea for help before the deadline.

by Anonymousreply 69March 18, 2024 7:02 PM

[quote]I read that all of that money Jared got is gone. He needed it to pay off his debts.

Jared Kushner had a $1.2 billion loan on 666 Fifth Avenue that he couldn't pay. The Saudi money went to bailing him out.

by Anonymousreply 70March 18, 2024 7:02 PM

Mr. Trump could also seek to appeal to New York’s highest court, and it is unclear whether Ms. James will hold off on the seizure while he pursues that route.

A spokeswoman for Ms. James did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Mr. Trump has denied all wrongdoing and claimed that Ms. James and Justice Engoron, both Democrats, are out to get him.

“This is a motion to stay the unjust, unconstitutional, un-American judgment from New York Judge Arthur Engoron in a political witch hunt brought by a corrupt attorney general,” Steven Cheung, a spokesman for Mr. Trump’s campaign, said in a statement. “A bond of this size would be an abuse of the law, contradict bedrock principals of our republic, and fundamentally undermine the rule of law in New York.”

The looming deadline could not come at a worse time for Mr. Trump. Just last week he finalized a $91.6 million bond in a defamation case he recently lost to the writer E. Jean Carroll, a costly deal that drained him of precious cash.

Mr. Trump, who obtained that bond from the insurance giant Chubb, pledged an investment account at Charles Schwab as collateral, records show. He most likely pledged more than $100 million in cash and stocks and bonds that he could sell in a hurry — investments that are now no longer available for him to use as collateral in the civil fraud case.

A nearly $500 million bond, Mr. Trump’s lawyers wrote on Monday, “is unprecedented for a private company.”

Ben Protess is an investigative reporter at The Times, writing about public corruption. He has been covering the various criminal investigations into former President Trump and his allies. More about Ben Protess

Maggie Haberman is a senior political correspondent reporting on the 2024 presidential campaign, down ballot races across the country and the investigations into former President Donald J. Trump. More about Maggie Haberman

by Anonymousreply 71March 18, 2024 7:02 PM

Tee-Hee-Hee-Hee!

DELICIOUS!

I can rest a bit better now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 18, 2024 7:09 PM

As much as karma and sheer entertainment value make this fun, we all need to remember that his apostles and worshippers are NUTS.

People need to recognize that this situation is a lot more volatile than a normal prosecution of a rich criminal - this ain't Madoff, Milken, Enron, or Worldcom.

by Anonymousreply 73March 18, 2024 7:18 PM

A presidential candidate scrounging around for as much money as Trump is a major security risk.

by Anonymousreply 74March 18, 2024 7:19 PM

Are they allowed to seize just New York assets? I don't think he has $500 million of assets in New York.

by Anonymousreply 75March 18, 2024 7:28 PM

[quote]As much as karma and sheer entertainment value make this fun, we all need to remember that his apostles and worshippers are NUTS.

But his contemporaries are vultures. I wonder who is getting their money together to swoop down and buy some former Trump property?

by Anonymousreply 76March 18, 2024 7:28 PM

I could see Elon purchasing it, then generously giving it back to Trump as a gift.

Also, "Un American judgement" cracks me up.

by Anonymousreply 77March 18, 2024 7:32 PM

Came here to ask what r75 just asked.

by Anonymousreply 78March 18, 2024 7:36 PM

Bitch better have my money!

by Anonymousreply 79March 18, 2024 7:40 PM

I just have this distinct feeling Elon will come through at the last minute, presenting himself as a saviour to the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 80March 18, 2024 7:42 PM

The reason the judgment is over 400 million is because justice heard the lies from Trump's mouth about his huge fortune including 400 million in cash. They called his bluff and judged him for $355 million in disgorgement, plus interest now.

I love it.

by Anonymousreply 81March 18, 2024 7:52 PM

Let's see... Jared was just ordered in Court to PAY BACK the 2 Billion to the Saudi's so I don't see him opening his wallet. The word in the street is that Musk is considering filing for Bankruptcy for Tesla- and we all know how Trump froths at the mouth about EV car development. The past GFM raised $1.2 Million,of course Lara Trump could immediately drain all "$8 million" that's in the RNC coffers.

That would come to a total if a grand $9.2 million going towards his fine of near half-a-billiion.

What's next? I KNOW- MAGA BAKE SALES!!!

by Anonymousreply 82March 18, 2024 7:54 PM

No. But harder to collect…

by Anonymousreply 83March 18, 2024 7:56 PM

[quote] Jared Kushner had a $1.2 billion loan on 666 Fifth Avenue that he couldn't pay. The Saudi money went to bailing him out.

Not true. The Saudi money is invested in a fund controlled by Kushner. It was not given to him. 666 Fifth was refinanced by a company with ties to Qatar which had been blockaded by the Saudis after turning down an earlier deal on 666 Fifth.

by Anonymousreply 84March 18, 2024 7:56 PM

[quote]Let's see... Jared was just ordered in Court to PAY BACK the 2 Billion to the Saudi's

WHAT??? When did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 85March 18, 2024 7:58 PM

Can Kim Guilfoyle and Melania start hooking?

by Anonymousreply 86March 18, 2024 7:59 PM

I expect the court will grant Trump’s motion. Otherwise, he will have no ability to appeal. Normally, they would only rule in his favor if he was likely to win on appeal. Here, I think they will grant him the stay and expedite the appeal even if he ultimately loses. To do otherwise would look unfair. If they are going to stick him for half a bil, they will not want to look unfair.

by Anonymousreply 87March 18, 2024 8:00 PM

It didn’t happen, r85.

by Anonymousreply 88March 18, 2024 8:01 PM

[quote]Can Kim Guilfoyle and Melania start hooking?

Start?

by Anonymousreply 89March 18, 2024 8:01 PM

r82 You're misinformed, this is from Friday. His Saudi billions at work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 18, 2024 8:02 PM

Seize them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 18, 2024 8:03 PM

r87 What motion? They already smacked him down once when he asked if he could just post a $100 million bond.

by Anonymousreply 92March 18, 2024 8:03 PM

He has a motion to let him appeal without posting the bond.

by Anonymousreply 93March 18, 2024 8:06 PM

[quote]That seems to be the problem - he can't move forward to appealing unless he ponies up the $464M

Where did this myth come from? He absolutely can appeal while in parallel the AG can start collections on the judgement.

by Anonymousreply 94March 18, 2024 8:12 PM

Take his properties and sell them.

by Anonymousreply 95March 18, 2024 8:15 PM

Judgment. Judgment!

by Anonymousreply 96March 18, 2024 8:15 PM

Eef eye haf to sell poosey again, moneys go for Barron's college fund. Fat orange retard husband get nothing.

by Anonymousreply 97March 18, 2024 8:19 PM

[quote]A presidential candidate scrounging around for as much money as Trump is a major security risk.

Just as he's about to start receiving intelligence briefings on classified info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 18, 2024 8:24 PM

I thought the Biden Administration were indicating that they weren't giving him briefings.

Or like Harry Reid once said: "Give him fake briefings. they'll tell him stuff, he won't know the difference." Also if they gave him fake briefings, that'd be an easy way to find out if he sells the info to Russia or the Saudis (ie, if they act on fake info, you'd know where it came from).

by Anonymousreply 99March 18, 2024 8:26 PM

Mel @R97 - your poosey can’t even make enough to send Barron to trade school.

by Anonymousreply 100March 18, 2024 8:27 PM

I agree with the other poster, why can't Jared loan him the almost half a billion since he got 2 billion from the Saudi Prince for his LOL investing.

by Anonymousreply 101March 18, 2024 8:32 PM

The Saudi money is sovereign wealth to be invested in accordance with agreed strategies. Paying Trump’s fines is not an investment.

by Anonymousreply 102March 18, 2024 8:36 PM

If Trump can't pay up, throw him in jail. He's where he belongs, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 103March 18, 2024 8:36 PM

[quote]I thought the Biden Administration were indicating that they weren't giving him briefings.

Not that I've heard. I think if he had, we'd be hearing about it from Trump and MAGAt World. But Tom Nichols has it right:

"Trump is an anti-American, debt-ridden, unstable man who has voiced his open support for violent seditionists. If he were any other citizen asking for the privilege of handling classified material, he would be sent packing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 18, 2024 8:37 PM

I wouldn't tell Trump Jack shit. I'd just give his dumbass a pack of crayons and some construction paper. I wouldn't even spring for Sharpies.

by Anonymousreply 105March 18, 2024 8:38 PM

I don't care if he doesn't see a day under house arrest, I just want to see him get one of his properties seized. Or that gaudy plane, even. Just give us that, please. Please!

by Anonymousreply 106March 18, 2024 8:46 PM

Oooh yes—the plane! The plane!

by Anonymousreply 107March 18, 2024 8:48 PM

Are Eric and Junior going to pay their fines or are they also appealing?

by Anonymousreply 108March 18, 2024 8:50 PM

They are, of course, appealing. Why not? They’re not paying for the lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 109March 18, 2024 8:56 PM

Maybe he shouldn't have cheated the public out of hundreds of millions of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 110March 18, 2024 8:59 PM

R82 link to the court order to Kushner? I see nothing in a cursory search.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 18, 2024 9:00 PM

Seems like at most they should give him a stay of 30 days to post cash or bond, and instruct him to sell properties or they will be seized?

by Anonymousreply 112March 18, 2024 10:27 PM

[quote] Maybe he shouldn't have cheated the public out of hundreds of millions of dollars.

That’s not what happened. He’s alleged to have cheated his lenders.

by Anonymousreply 113March 18, 2024 10:31 PM

[quote] If Trump can't pay up, throw him in jail. He's where he belongs, anyway.

Nobody goes to jail for not being able to pay their debts.

by Anonymousreply 114March 18, 2024 10:32 PM

[quote] He’s alleged to have cheated his lenders.

Not just alleged.

by Anonymousreply 115March 18, 2024 10:36 PM

Touché.

by Anonymousreply 116March 18, 2024 10:45 PM

Daddy Warbucks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 18, 2024 10:50 PM

R94 It's how it was explained today on MSNBC.

R97 Thank you for the biggest laugh of the day. I needed that.

by Anonymousreply 118March 18, 2024 10:53 PM

r114 Marth Stewart went to jail for lying about a crime she was never prosecuted for.

by Anonymousreply 119March 18, 2024 11:10 PM

Are his lawyers working pro bono? Hard to believe he's paying them.

by Anonymousreply 120March 18, 2024 11:12 PM

[quote] Are his lawyers working pro bono?

He's promised me a position in his administration as Attorney General!

by Anonymousreply 121March 18, 2024 11:15 PM

He said I could bang his hot daughter.

by Anonymousreply 122March 18, 2024 11:19 PM

[quote]Are they allowed to seize just New York assets? I don't think he has $500 million of assets in New York.

Fun fact: Mar-a-Lago is incorporated in NY State.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 123March 18, 2024 11:19 PM

“ I agree with the other poster, why can't Jared loan him the almost half a billion since he got 2 billion from the Saudi Prince for his LOL investing.”

As someone mentioned, that money wasn’t just given to Kushner for him to do with as he pleases. It’s invested and kushner charges a fee…anywhere from 1 to 2%

by Anonymousreply 124March 18, 2024 11:21 PM

30 insurance companies turned him down.

Trump Tower is only worth $370 million (minus debt).

Jared has a $2B deal with the Saudi, but that money's being held by SA. Can't imagine he's just gonna ask old Bonesaw for a $400M cash advance.

This is gonna get spectacularly messy.

by Anonymousreply 125March 18, 2024 11:22 PM

I thought ownership of Mar a ha ha was transferred to the sons.

by Anonymousreply 126March 18, 2024 11:29 PM

If Trump wins, Aileen Cannon may be expecting a Supreme Court nomination and confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 127March 18, 2024 11:31 PM

Putin is one of the world’s richest men. Perhaps Trump will somehow acquire more laundered $$$$ from his master.

However, too many are watching, and international banks would be very reluctant to get involved.

by Anonymousreply 128March 18, 2024 11:39 PM

^ Speaking of which, Sotomayor should retire yesterday so Biden can push through a twenty-five year old liberal to SCOTUS rather than run the risk of losing in November and having a repeat of RBG.

by Anonymousreply 129March 18, 2024 11:40 PM

You magats better "pawn your cats", to help orange meet his financial obligations.

by Anonymousreply 130March 18, 2024 11:43 PM

There’s no way he can get security clearance at this point - how can he be President?

by Anonymousreply 131March 18, 2024 11:44 PM

R129 Yeah, it is reported Sotomayor is not in good health.

by Anonymousreply 132March 18, 2024 11:44 PM

[quote]r64 Forgive me—quote at [R61] is from Goodfellas.

[italic] “Is this the superintendent ? !”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 18, 2024 11:50 PM

I was just thinking about that - how could Putin get half a billion to Trump. The usual way they do it is get a middle man to donate it (for a cut). But what could Trump offer him if he wins the election? The obvious thing is to pull out of NATO but Congress has been smart and passed a bill in 2023 that bars presidents from unilaterally exiting NATO.

by Anonymousreply 134March 18, 2024 11:50 PM

Michael Cohen said Trump doesn’t want to sell any property because he would owe state and local taxes, and then he would have to pay out whatever loans were remaining. It’s unclear to me if Trump could even raise $600 million since he is so in debt.

by Anonymousreply 135March 18, 2024 11:52 PM

Federal, state and local taxes.

by Anonymousreply 136March 18, 2024 11:53 PM

[quote] Interesting Jared isn't ponying up, after getting $2 billion from the Saudis.

How is he supposed to explain that? It went into capitalizing Kushner’s private equity firm. So it’s for purposes of acquiring interests in companies. How would that money get to Trump?

by Anonymousreply 137March 18, 2024 11:55 PM

R137 Most people are dumb cunts and think Prince Bone Saw gave Kushner 2 billion in cash. The person you quoted won't bother now to inform himself, either. That is where we are.

by Anonymousreply 138March 19, 2024 12:04 AM

R131

[quote] “There’s a myth out there that presidents have a formal security clearance. They don’t.”

Trump’s secret papers and the ‘myth’ of presidential security clearance

Unlike U.S. intelligence officials, presidents are not ‘read in’ or ‘read out’ of classified matters, complicating any potential prosecution, experts say

By Devlin Barrett Ellen Nakashima and Josh Dawsey

August 25, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. EDT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 19, 2024 12:11 AM

Don't you think 40 of his richest friends would all chip in 10 million? Jared was guaranteed 25m regardless of performance, the boss should get half of it, no? Sell your ex's townhouse, dump a couple of apartments and a shitty golf course to your Balkan buddies, how hard could it be?

by Anonymousreply 140March 19, 2024 12:45 AM

I don’t know any rich people who would be okay losing $10 million.

They probably block his calls.

by Anonymousreply 141March 19, 2024 12:50 AM

All will be forgiven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142March 19, 2024 1:09 AM

This is the lead:

“Trump’s business still has plenty of debt—an estimated $1.1 billion in all—but now most of it doesn’t come due until 2028 or later.”

That pesky NY DA messed up his plans.

by Anonymousreply 143March 19, 2024 1:17 AM

My name is Bond...

Cantaforda Bond

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 19, 2024 1:30 AM

Shall we start a Go Fund Me for him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 19, 2024 1:31 AM

Trump math:

2 billion in assets

1 billion in debt

1 billion before taxes and mortgage payments

$500m net

$100m to EJ Caroll

$400 left over

-600 owed to NY

BROKE

by Anonymousreply 146March 19, 2024 1:33 AM

Ironically Trump ran for president in 2016 not because he expected to win, nor did he want to win. He just wanted to build his brand and grift, so he can feed of people's grievances and make more money. He was horrified when he actually won, not just because he didn't want all the responsibility and work that comes with the role, but because he knew it would bring a significant amount of attention and scrutiny to his illegal methods of doing business for decades. Once president, he realized the only way to stay out of legal jeopardy was to stay in the presidency by hook or crook. As much as he craves being the center of attention the presidency brings, he knows he cannot return to civil life and keep his businesses, let alone stay out of jail.

by Anonymousreply 147March 19, 2024 1:36 AM

I hope Hillary is as much as a mafiosa as the MAGA nutjobs allege she is. That way when Trump is finally behind bars she can arrange to have the fat senile racist pigfucker Epsteined.

by Anonymousreply 148March 19, 2024 1:38 AM

Janice Rossi is a whore!!!!

by Anonymousreply 149March 19, 2024 1:59 AM

I think it's that his raging Narcissistic Personality Disorder can't handle his losing (A LOSER!) in 2020, so he desperately needs to win to erase that.

by Anonymousreply 150March 19, 2024 2:05 AM

SHe cannot retire, they need a 60 % majority in the Senate. Dems only have a 50+1

by Anonymousreply 151March 19, 2024 2:27 AM

No, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 152March 19, 2024 2:39 AM

[quote] Interesting Jared isn't ponying up, after getting $2 billion from the Saudis.

Jared was in the red. I think he needed those billions to save his "empire." Ditto with Trump. I think his most valuable real estate holdings are already leveraged. Maybe the Trumpanzees cam raise it in a go fund me.

by Anonymousreply 153March 19, 2024 2:46 AM

[quote] [R14], The laws vary, but typically the state could seize the asset but must respect the priority of the liens against the property before selling off the asset to satisfy the judgment. The issue for James/NY is that Trump has undoubtedly over-leveraged his NY properties (probably by a multiple of what they're actually worth) making their net value less than zero.

A state judgment lien takes priority over a private contractual debt or judgment lien.

by Anonymousreply 154March 19, 2024 2:48 AM

That SA money was for a new fund—can’t you read?

The refi of 666 Fifth happened earlier, with a refi loan from completely different sources.

by Anonymousreply 155March 19, 2024 2:49 AM

R154 but it doesn’t extinguish the earlier debt. If NYS seizes collateral and then conducts an auction, proceeds to the state are net not gross.

by Anonymousreply 156March 19, 2024 2:52 AM

If NYS seizes collateral and then appoints a receiver to manage: the other obligations of ownership, including debt, remain due and payable.

by Anonymousreply 157March 19, 2024 2:55 AM

666 was rescued by the Qataris. First the refused. Not interested. Then the Saudis put an economic embargo on Qatar. One of the unspoken conditions of lifting that was bailing out Kushner. VERY DIRTY.

by Anonymousreply 158March 19, 2024 3:01 AM

DIRTY!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159March 19, 2024 3:03 AM

Bitch better have my money!

by Anonymousreply 160March 19, 2024 3:11 AM

Learn the difference between NYS and NYC^^

by Anonymousreply 161March 19, 2024 3:13 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 19, 2024 3:15 AM

What was she excited for Dump to do? 🤔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 19, 2024 3:53 AM

Isn’t he already out of money to pay his legal fees?

Tish James should put all DJT buildings on sale until the judgement is paid. No mercy for deadbeat Donald.

by Anonymousreply 164March 19, 2024 4:55 AM

It’s gonna be a fire safe on Trump properties in NY! The judge isn’t going to grant him a stay - this is NY not FL. It’s FAFO time for Trump.

I can’t see how any of this will endear him to voters.

The reason he’s not going to get the stay is because, as always, his lawyers statements and likely motion NEVER takes any responsibility for his crimes - it’s always “this is illegal! this goes to the bedrock of our democracy! this is completely against my rights! this ruling is a travesty!!” Experienced NY judges ain’t got time for that shit. They’re not going to side with Trump over the judiciary.

And he can’t play his made up “Presidential immunity” card either. NY has Trump cornered, completely up against a wall and they love bringing down a con artist like him. Well done, Tish James!

by Anonymousreply 165March 19, 2024 5:28 AM

* FIRE SALE

by Anonymousreply 166March 19, 2024 5:28 AM

Also, this was always going to be shitshow for Trump anyway. Aside from all these financial rulings, he still has like $500M in loans coming due this year that need to be paid or refinanced. That ain’t gonna happen.

Let’s remember, he’s already declared bankruptcy like 5 or 6 times. And the only collateral he has left is our country. Voters aren’t going to let him do it.

by Anonymousreply 167March 19, 2024 5:32 AM

Don’t worry, R148. She’s gonna use Bleach Bit on him!

by Anonymousreply 168March 19, 2024 5:35 AM

Let's see what happens next week when the appeals bill comes due before MARY!ing out, people.

by Anonymousreply 169March 19, 2024 5:37 AM

[quote]R149 Janice Rossi is a whore!!!!

[italic]IN 2R!

by Anonymousreply 170March 19, 2024 7:40 AM

Very well put, #147. He never wanted to be President. So he contracted it out to underlings and went golfing.

by Anonymousreply 171March 19, 2024 9:09 AM

Morning laugh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 19, 2024 9:50 AM

[quote]he does not have $464 M in collateral to back the bond. That is why 20 bond insurers have rejected him - if you don't have the collateral, they don't want you.

Yeah, but he has plenty of collateral for those guys R4 mentioned, in that at present he's favorite to win the Presidency. He can deliver Ukraine to Putin by pulling all the aid, and God knows what favors he can do the others. That's the real danger of this situation.

He couldn't sell real estate assets to get the bond even if they weren't mortgaged, because once he sells them it becomes clear how much he overinflated their worth, and that shoots his whole case in the foot.

by Anonymousreply 173March 19, 2024 10:35 AM

[quote]at present he's favorite to win the Presidency.

Do you really believe that, R173?

by Anonymousreply 174March 19, 2024 10:53 AM

Back up for a second. Think about this turd as if he were just a regular guy in your building or in your street.

Bad fake tan, terrible hair.

Fat and wears the same outfit every day.

Wears diapers.

Talks about how he'd like to fuck his own daughter and was best friends for years with a local pedophile named Jeffrey.

Five kids with three women, cheated on every one of them.

Five bankruptcies and getting ready for another.

Stiffed so many local contractors and companies that many won't work with or for him.

Says racist things, all the time.

Says misogynistic things, all the time.

Incites violence.

Lies constantly.

All of his friends are garbage people and his "heroes" are even worse.

He bilks the elderly, poor, and easily deluded in the area out of money over and over again.

Does shoddy work, when contracted out.

Terrible taste in decor.

by Anonymousreply 175March 19, 2024 11:06 AM

Yes, R174. Particularly if RFK stays in the race, which will skew votes away from Biden.

by Anonymousreply 176March 19, 2024 11:36 AM

^Calls dead soldiers losers and suckers.

Credibly accused of rape of a 13yo

Found liable for rape at a jury trial he didn't attend, his defense was that she was too ugly to rape.

Cheats at golf every time

Brags about fucking his friend's wives

Lied over 50,000 times

by Anonymousreply 177March 19, 2024 11:43 AM

[bold]Full List of Companies that Denied Trump Bond[/bold]

[quote]...In a footnote, the filing laid out a list of "some of" the sureties that had been contacted about the bond by Trump's brokers, but which ultimately declined to back it. The list was as follows: Applied Underwriters (SiriusPoint), Allianz, Amynta, Arch, Argo, Ascot, AXA XL, Berkley, Berkshire Hathaway, CAP Specialty, Chubb, Cincinnati, CNA Surety, DUAL/Axis, Everest Re, Frankenmuth, Hartford, Hudson, IAT (Harco), Intact, Liberty, Munich Re, Philadelphia Indemnity, MainStreet (NGM), Markel, Nationwide, RLI, Skyward (Great Midwest), Sompo, Swiss Re, Tokyo Marine HCC, Travelers, and Zurich...

Also, from a linked article regarding Chubb:

[quote]"There is an unusual provision in the bond that would give Chubb 60 days from the date final judgment is entered in Carroll's favor (if she wins on appeal) to make payment to her," Vance wrote. If Trump loses his appeal and doesn't pay the money, "Chubb must tender the full amount. They can collect from Trump in turn, but doing that would be their problem," Vance wrote.

Good luck collecting from Trump if he loses on appeal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178March 19, 2024 12:02 PM

Just call Tom Selleck and get a reverse mortgage!

by Anonymousreply 179March 19, 2024 12:06 PM

R176, you really think an anti-vaxx. Pro-conspiracy loon is going to take votes away from Biden? I want what you’re smoking.

by Anonymousreply 180March 19, 2024 12:10 PM

The 666 Fifth Avenue building owned by Jared Kushner had at best a generous real estate estimated value of $500M. The Qataris who purchased it for $1.8B were basically laundering money. Same goes for the $2B to Jared for his equity firm, even though he has zero experience or expertise. But the Republican clowns in Congress are investigation Hunter Biden for a $2M consulting role.

by Anonymousreply 181March 19, 2024 1:00 PM

Bragged about molesting teenage pageant girls

Called the Latina winner Miss Housekeeping (my personal favorite). And later called her Miss Piggy, on camera.

Still hasn't accounted for the 2,700 page missing Russian Binder.

Yesterday, saluted the people who tried to kill his own VP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 19, 2024 2:18 PM

Here's how Trump wins, IMHO...

I have been watching and listening to MCNBC since Jonathan Lemire at 5:00AM/ET. It's now 10:17AM/ET. Pretty much all that I have heard about the race, race, race, race, race, Trump, race, race, race, race, Trump, race, race race, race, on and on.. I don't believe I heard anything about Haiti, very little about Ukraine, and even less about the impending shutdown. My point? The media has caused people to tune all of this out. It is my belief that people have already made up their mind and have reached a decision.

by Anonymousreply 183March 19, 2024 2:22 PM

R183 - Yep. Just like they did four years ago in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 184March 19, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote]Are they allowed to seize just New York assets? I don't think he has $500 million of assets in New York.

I found the answer to my question from CNN via mediaite.com.

[quote]GOODMAN: Then Letitia James seizes his property, puts liens on all of his assets, bank accounts. And as Eric said, that is not restricted to New York. So, she probably at this point understands where he has different assets in Florida, Mar-a-Lago, and elsewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185March 19, 2024 2:35 PM

It's an election year, what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 186March 19, 2024 2:36 PM

[quote]It's an election year, what do you expect?

It's been an election year ever since the last election year. Okay... maybe there was one week of respite but not too far out from that it was a bout polls, polls, polls, and back to the race, race, race...

by Anonymousreply 187March 19, 2024 2:41 PM

I believe all his financial transactions are being monitored making it harder for him to hide the money.

Remember this is all because he can't keep his fucking mouth shut. He had the money for the original judgment.

He should be locked up as a danger to himself and others.

by Anonymousreply 188March 19, 2024 2:55 PM

Thanks, r188, didn’t the court appoint a monitor since he lost the civil suit?

by Anonymousreply 189March 19, 2024 3:07 PM

[quote] Remember this is all because he can't keep his fucking mouth shut. He had the money for the original judgment.

R188–You are confusing the E Jean Carroll case with the NY Fraud case.

by Anonymousreply 190March 19, 2024 3:12 PM

Trump still has incompetence queen Alina Habba on this case! She’s bad luck.

I assume the appeal court has to respond to this motion for a stay this week?

by Anonymousreply 191March 19, 2024 3:19 PM

Here’s how Trump wins…. He bites the dust.

by Anonymousreply 192March 19, 2024 3:22 PM

Yes, there’s a monitor overseeing the Trump company books so money can’t be moved around in secret.

by Anonymousreply 193March 19, 2024 3:32 PM

Interesting.... The plan by Jared Kushner and his business partners to redevelop a prized location in Serbia’s capital, Belgrade, echoes interest from Donald J. Trump a decade ago in pursuing a deal for the site and a similar proposal pushed during his White House term by a top aide now working with Mr. Kushner, a review of the project shows.

The tentative agreement between the Kushner team and the Serbian government would grant Mr. Kushner’s investment firm a 99-year lease, at no charge, and the right to build a luxury hotel and apartment complex and a museum on the site of the former headquarters of the Yugoslav Ministry of Defense in Belgrade, which was bombed by NATO in 1999. A draft outline of the agreement was provided to The New York Times by a Serbian official.

In 2013, two years before he began running for president, Mr. Trump — Mr. Kushner’s father-in-law — told a top Serbian government official that he wanted to build a luxury hotel on the site. Associates of the Trump Organization traveled to Belgrade to inspect the location. The project did not come together before Mr. Trump’s election in 2016, and after being sworn in he vowed to not do any new foreign deals.

But developing the site would again draw interest from Mr. Trump’s circle.

Richard Grenell, whom Mr. Trump had appointed as a special envoy in the Balkans, pushed a related plan during the Trump administration that Serbia and the United States jointly work to rebuild the Defense Ministry site. He argued in favor of using American investments to transform the Belgrade site while he was still serving in his official capacity as an American diplomat in 2020, according to transcripts and a recording of remarks made during several government news conferences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 19, 2024 3:39 PM

Mr. Kushner said in an interview on Sunday that he had never discussed the Belgrade project with Mr. Trump and was not aware of his father-in-law’s prior interest in redeveloping the site.

“I had no idea my father-in-law had been interested in that region, and I doubt he has any awareness of this deal we are working on,” Mr. Kushner said.

Representatives of Mr. Trump did not respond to multiple requests for comment about either Mr. Kushner’s current effort or Mr. Trump’s prior interest in the Belgrade development.

Mr. Grenell said he, too, had no knowledge of Mr. Trump’s interest in the site before his presidency. But he is now working with Mr. Kushner on the new development deal and, according to Mr. Kushner, was the main force in driving him to consider the Belgrade investment.

In his role as special envoy during the last two years of the Trump administration, Mr. Grenell helped foster economic reconciliation talks between Serbia and Kosovo, two neighboring nations that have had tense relations since the end of the Bosnian war in 1995. Editors’ Picks Anthony Boyle Is Moving Forward by Looking Backward Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Wonders About the Past 2 Million Years A Friendly Reminder: A.I. Work Isn’t Yours

The link between Mr. Grenell’s role in pushing for redevelopment of the Belgrade site while both in and out of government and Mr. Kushner’s tentative agreement now to carry out the proposal for personal profit raises fresh questions about conflicts of interest between their public roles and private wealth as Mr. Trump again seeks the presidency, with foreign governments watching closely.

Mr. Kushner confirmed on Friday that his investment firm was pursuing the deal in Serbia, as well as luxury real estate projects in Albania, and that he expected to finalize agreements soon.

The overlap between the official actions that Mr. Kushner and Mr. Grenell took while serving in government and the business deals they are pursuing in regions where they served carries echoes of deals struck by former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Mr. Kushner in the Middle East after leaving office.

Mr. Mnuchin and Mr. Kushner, who both were active in Middle East diplomacy, each set up investment firms after leaving the Trump administration that then secured billions of dollars from the Saudi government and hundreds of millions of dollars from other Middle Eastern nation

by Anonymousreply 195March 19, 2024 3:40 PM

Kathleen Clark, a law professor at Washington University in St. Louis who specializes in government ethics, said the Kushner project in Serbia would create a conflict of interest if Mr. Trump was re-elected, even if it was not some long-running effort by the family to get access to the site.

“The concern is the Serbia government may attempt to influence a future President Trump by enriching the president’s family,” she said. “Foreign policy toward Serbia should be influenced by what is in the United States’ interests, not any financial favors coming from the Serbian government.”

The 2020 pitch by Mr. Grenell to reconsider rebuilding at the site of the bombed-out former military headquarters came, according to Serbian government officials, right after Mr. Trump had hosted Aleksandar Vucic, the president of Serbia, at the White House. During that visit, Mr. Vucic praised the progress Mr. Grenell had made in normalizing economic relations between Serbia and Kosovo.

by Anonymousreply 196March 19, 2024 3:40 PM

Mr. Trump also praised Mr. Grenell at the ceremony, where Mr. Grenell described the progress between the two sides as a clear result of the Trump presidency and one that could lead to a political breakthrough. Mr. Kushner was serving as a senior White House adviser to Mr. Trump at the time.

“From the very beginning, what President Trump said is: Let’s give them a little taste of the Trump economy,” Mr. Grenell said, according to a transcript of the event. “Let’s show them how to develop economics, how to take industries and grow them.”

In 2018 and 2019, while serving as ambassador to Germany in the Trump administration, Mr. Grenell, who has told confidants that he aspires to be secretary of state in a second Trump term, sought to expand his portfolio and deliver high-profile wins for his boss. He had alienated top officials in the German government through his caustic style of diplomacy but had begun to cultivate other relationships across Europe, including with Mr. Vucic.

While still ambassador to Germany, Mr. Grenell pitched Mr. Trump on the idea of appointing him to mediate the longstanding conflict between Serbia and Kosovo, two former Trump administration officials said.

Twenty-five years ago, the U.S.-led NATO forces intervened militarily to protect Albanians in Kosovo from ethnic cleansing by the Serbian government. The former Yugoslav army headquarters in the center of Belgrade, while largely unused at the time, were one target. The site has stood in its damaged state since then and is seen by Serbs as a symbol of their suffering during the NATO attacks.

In 2008, Kosovo unilaterally declared its independence from Serbia, which does not officially recognize Kosovo as a sovereign country.

In October 2019, Mr. Trump appointed Mr. Grenell as his “special presidential envoy for Serbia and Kosovo peace negotiations.”

by Anonymousreply 197March 19, 2024 3:41 PM

The State Department already had a team working on these issues, and Mr. Grenell had relatively little experience in the Balkans.

Mr. Grenell was widely seen among European diplomats as favoring the Serbian side in the negotiations, and he was warmly received in Belgrade. He applied immense pressure on Prime Minister Albin Kurti of Kosovo to drop tariffs on Serbian products, and prominent Trump allies began publicly calling for the withdrawal of U.S. peacekeepers from Kosovo. Mr. Grenell did have one important ally in Kosovo: the president at the time, Hashim Thaci, who was later charged with war crimes.

Mr. Grenell rejected any suggestion that he played favorites. He said he was ultimately honored by leaders from both nations — Mr. Vucic in Serbia and Mr. Thaci in Kosovo — for his role in helping broker an economic normalization agreement.

But he acknowledged that he had in particular made progress under Mr. Trump in tightening economic ties between the United States and Serbia.

“I had built up a lot of love for bringing the Serbian-American relations forward,” Mr. Grenell said in an interview with The Times on Sunday.

During his time as envoy in the Balkans, Mr. Grenell developed friendships with top Serbian officials, including Mr. Vucic and Sinisa Mali, the Serbian finance minister, who officials in Belgrade said played a role in tentatively approving the Kushner hotel deal. Mr. Mali did not respond to requests for comment.

Mr. Grenell posted on his Instagram page a video of him and Mr. Mali singing in 2021 inside a packed Belgrade club surrounded by others dancing to pulsating music, while holding up sparklers and torches.

by Anonymousreply 198March 19, 2024 3:42 PM

Mr. Grenell returned to Serbia and neighboring Albania shortly after Mr. Trump left the White House to begin pushing development projects that have since been adopted by Mr. Kushner’s company, including the Belgrade deal.

The draft outline of the agreement provided to The Times by a Serbian government official also specifies the option of formally transferring ownership of the property to Mr. Kushner’s partnership free of charge, after the hotel complex and luxury residential units are built.

Mr. Kushner, in an interview, did not dispute the veracity of the document obtained by The Times. He said the parties had tentatively agreed to give the Serbian government 22 percent of the profits generated by the approximately $500 million project.

Mr. Kushner’s company, Affinity Partners, said in a statement that the Belgrade site would be “transformed into a world-class luxury hotel” but that it would also include a museum and memorial designed by Serbian architects, to pay tribute to the location’s importance in recent Serbian history.

Mr. Kushner said Mr. Grenell had encouraged him to pursue the project.

“Ric is a big advocate for investing in the Balkans and has been trying to get me to invest in this project since I launched my fund,” Mr. Kushner said, noting that an American company would be rebuilding a site that NATO had bombed.

Representatives of the Serbian government did not immediately respond to questions and multiple requests for comment.

Danijela Nestorovic, an opposition party member of Serbia’s Parliament, and other members of her party condemned the proposed Kushner deal in a statement to The Times, noting that several people were killed and 40 wounded during the period of the NATO attack when the building was struck.

“The General Staff HQ building is a memorial for us,” she said in the statement, referring to the bombed-out military headquarters. “It initiates deep, hidden emotions to the victims of the NATO bombing. To build a hotel there — it would be a mockery to the citizens of Serbia.”

Mr. Grenell, in an interview, said that the Kushner deal represented an opportunity to “turn a symbol of previous conflict into a bridge of friendship and renewal,” and that it “symbolizes the tremendous progress that has been made to heal the wounds from the past."

by Anonymousreply 199March 19, 2024 3:42 PM

In 2020, when Mr. Grenell had pushed Serbian officials to consider working with American investors to redevelop the Belgrade site, Ivica Dacic, who by then was serving as foreign minister in the Serbian government, recalled a visit he had made to Trump Tower in New York in 2013. It was then that Mr. Trump had first discussed the hotel project at the former defense headquarters site.

“I don’t think he has forgotten that desire,” Mr. Dacic said at a news conference in 2020, referring to Mr. Trump.

The proposed project in Serbia is only one of three deals that Mr. Kushner and Mr. Grenell are trying to develop in the Balkans.

Mr. Kushner said on Friday that final contracts had not been signed, but that negotiations were far along and that he was hopeful they would be finalized. He disputed any suggestion that his company was getting special treatment.

He also said that he knew how high-profile his position is — he is married to Mr. Trump’s elder daughter, Ivanka, and played a prominent role in the Trump White House — so he had no choice but to be careful to act within legal and ethical boundaries.

“Everything has to be completely aboveboard,” he said.

Ben Protess contributed reporting. A correction was made on March 17, 2024 :

An earlier version of this article misspelled the given name of Kosovo’s former president. He is Hashim Thaci, not Hacim. The article also incorrectly described part of a scene inside a Belgrade club in a video that the former Trump aide Richard Grenell posted on Instagram. The video showed someone who appeared to be waving an Italian flag, not clubgoers waving Serbian flags.

by Anonymousreply 200March 19, 2024 3:42 PM

I thought the source of any bond was required to be transparent subject to approval? The system is set up as much as possible to prevent "funneling" from unknown sources?

by Anonymousreply 201March 19, 2024 3:49 PM

[quote]Here’s how Trump wins…. He bites the dust.

No, R192; that's how EVERYONE wins.

by Anonymousreply 202March 19, 2024 3:49 PM

[quote]Kathleen Clark, a law professor at Washington University in St. Louis who specializes in government ethics, said the Kushner project in Serbia would create a conflict of interest if Mr. Trump was re-elected

Thank goodness the Trumps and the Kushners are so sensitive to the appearance of impropriety.

by Anonymousreply 203March 19, 2024 4:13 PM

[quote]Kathleen Clark, a law professor at Washington University in St. Louis who specializes in government ethics, said the Kushner project in Serbia would create a conflict of interest if Mr. Trump was re-elected, even if it was not some long-running effort by the family to get access to the site.

LOL! Why even consider this? Are you aware the MANY conflicts of interests that happened during the Trump administration and how Republicans just turned a blind eye to them?

The rules of law only matter if everyone agrees to play be them.

The current Republicans have shown over and over again that they don't give a crap about the rule of law when it pertains to them (think Gym Jordan) and only matters when it comes to others.

by Anonymousreply 204March 19, 2024 5:08 PM

BROKE

ASS

BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 205March 19, 2024 5:59 PM

Trump adhered to the Emollients Clause and divested his businesses. Remember those giant binders and stacks of papers?

by Anonymousreply 206March 19, 2024 7:57 PM

R195 Mr. Kushner said in an interview on Sunday that he had never discussed the Belgrade project with Mr. Trump and was not aware of his father-in-law’s prior interest in redeveloping the site. “I had no idea my father-in-law had been interested in that region, and I doubt he has any awareness of this deal we are working on,” Mr. Kushner said.

Such an unexpected coincidence. Bwa ha ha !!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 19, 2024 8:16 PM

R206 The Emoluments Clause was basically ignored by Donald Trump, Ivanka Trump, and Jared Kushner. There was so much back room dealing, and the violations and corruption is blatantly obvious. Some of it is direct, and some of is is by proxy. Billions of dollars of foreign funds influencing Trump and his policies both domestic and foreign. And Congress is ignoring it all.

by Anonymousreply 208March 19, 2024 8:21 PM

The entire Trump and Kushner families should be in jail for all the shit they've done and yet congress has been conducting bullshit hearings on Hunter Biden.

by Anonymousreply 209March 19, 2024 9:27 PM

[quote] "Sexy daddy Renato Mariotti"

Not without the beard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 19, 2024 10:29 PM

Dear Attorneys: is AG James limited to only New York assets, or can she go after other state properties also?

by Anonymousreply 211March 19, 2024 11:11 PM

MSNBC says they can go after any of his properties, including those not in New York. James will go after any liquid assets first.

by Anonymousreply 212March 20, 2024 12:15 AM

I guess his golden sneaker sales were less than stellar.

by Anonymousreply 213March 20, 2024 12:27 AM

An important fact to note is that M-A-L is incorporated in the State of New York- Orange boy's life-long home.

Oh, well SUCKS TO BE YOU TRUMP!!!

by Anonymousreply 214March 20, 2024 12:34 AM

I inferred that one can't seize a principal residence?

by Anonymousreply 215March 20, 2024 12:44 AM

Mar-a-largo isn’t a residence as per Florida law.

by Anonymousreply 216March 20, 2024 12:49 AM

Even if he claims FL "residency" from there?

by Anonymousreply 217March 20, 2024 12:51 AM

[quote][R206] The Emoluments Clause was basically ignored by Donald Trump, Ivanka Trump, and Jared Kushner. The entire Trump and Kushner families should be in jail for all the shit they've done and yet congress has been conducting bullshit hearings on Hunter Biden.

But it's not just them. Mnuchen and many others while Democrats keep their silence. One could argue that many of them are doing the same thing too re Bob Menedez? I've just returned from event sponsored by an "all we are saying is just give peace a chance" type of organization where I listened as they vilified and mocked President Biden's State of the Union. and government with a subtlety to rebel against government. Okay, I get it and we all have a right (and duty) to call out our government. But currently what is the alternative? I did not ask that but that was my thought. As they laughed about President Biden's women's initiative and rolled their eyes about Jill Biden heading up such a mission, I wondered to myself that this group has been in operation for over 50 years. What has it done to address the inadequacy of healthcare and research for women? What milestones have they accomplished and yet it subtilty push that people don't vote (at this time) and perilously push us (or bring about) towards worse?

by Anonymousreply 218March 20, 2024 1:03 AM

Rachel Maddow devoted a full hour to hysterics last night to the subject of Paul Manafort stepping back into Trump World in some sort of official capacity. Her implied wink-wink thesis was that Manafort is being brought in to broker a deal in which Russia funnels the bond money in exchange for a pledge from Trump that if elected, the US will stop “interfering” in Ukraine. Or alternatively that he’ll get the money from Xi by arranging carte blanch for TikTok.

Seems far-fetched but I think I heard some commentator today skirting around this idea and also saying that if Trump suddenly “comes up with the cash”, he is not under any obligation to disclose where it came from. That seems absurd though, right? Wouldn’t he have to tell the IRS? Would the IRS be required to keep it a secret as long as there is some signed, on-the-level contract?

by Anonymousreply 219March 20, 2024 1:06 AM

He is a menace to society and shouldn't be let out in public much less running for president. Someone must stop this insanity.

by Anonymousreply 220March 20, 2024 1:10 AM

R219, there's nothing at all far-fetched about Manfort brokering deals between Trump and Russia. He's been doing that kind of thing for years, including for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 221March 20, 2024 1:21 AM

Ugly ol' Swamp Thang-faced broke-ass TURD.

by Anonymousreply 222March 20, 2024 1:23 AM

[quote]Seems far-fetched

No, it actually doesn't. This is Trump in 2024 we're talking about - nothing at all seems far-fetched for his survival.

by Anonymousreply 223March 20, 2024 1:34 AM

Oh, but I thought he was such a big, rich, powerful man. You know I’m getting tired of this, we need a new leader.

by Anonymousreply 224March 20, 2024 1:35 AM

[quote]Rachel Maddow devoted a full hour to hysterics last night to the subject of Paul Manafort stepping back into Trump World in some sort of official capacity.

And connecting the dots between Manafort, Putin, Donald being broke and the 2024 campaign counts as hysterics because...?

by Anonymousreply 225March 20, 2024 1:53 AM

Bloomberg tells how it happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 20, 2024 2:14 AM

Hysterics, r219? Yeah...no.

by Anonymousreply 227March 20, 2024 2:18 AM

[quote]I guess his golden sneaker sales were less than stellar.

What's funny is all the people who ordered them will never end up getting them.

by Anonymousreply 228March 20, 2024 2:23 AM

The Russkies would have popped for the money by now if that was going to happen.

The likelihood of any person on this planet having upwards of half-a-billion in acceptable liquidity is approximately zero.

by Anonymousreply 229March 20, 2024 2:24 AM

[quote] In a March 18 court filing, Trump said 30 companies that arrange such bonds declined to take his real estate as collateral

Now, I find this interesting. Do they believe his brand is too toxic? Are their evaluations much lower? I don't know... this just struck me as interesting.

by Anonymousreply 230March 20, 2024 2:36 AM

Well the Chubb deal was posted at the last minute. I just hope that if the money comes from overseas, SA, Hungary, Serbia, Russia, wherever, that it gets publicized.

by Anonymousreply 231March 20, 2024 4:05 AM

In 2017 Bill Browder said that he thinks Putin is worth up to $200 billion but doesn't keep the money in his name - it's in shell companies and trustees. You'd think half a billion wouldn't be a big deal but what can Trump realistically offer Putin in return now? The president's powers can be limited.

by Anonymousreply 232March 20, 2024 4:22 AM

I imagine there is a portrait of Jared in the Kushner attic that looks like the one on the right..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 20, 2024 4:53 AM

Why is he defending this guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 20, 2024 5:26 AM

Boo Fucking Hoo

by Anonymousreply 235March 20, 2024 6:21 AM

Sounds lika group of complete assholes to me, R218. Entitled ones. Must be nice to not have to worry about the potential demise of democracy or appreciate having a president (and FLOTUS) who actually cares.

Too bad you can't share who they are, it would be satisfying to make sure no money I ever donate goes their way if they're the type of group that asks.

by Anonymousreply 236March 20, 2024 11:12 AM

wow...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 20, 2024 12:05 PM

There is a strong likelihood that any surety bond that covers the $500M+ requirement is going to come from some foreign source guarantor on a collateralized loan or letter of credit. That is a national security risk regardless of whether Trump is elected or not, since he has proven he is untrustworthy with our country's top security information.

by Anonymousreply 238March 20, 2024 12:38 PM

And insurance companies are reluctant to float him a loan because he prefers to fight them in court rather than pay them back.

by Anonymousreply 239March 20, 2024 12:40 PM

JFC, He's a demented mob boss, who is holding on to our nation's most secret military documents. This is a fucking fact.

He's surrounded himself with criminals his whole life and placed as many criminals as he could in positions of power, 215 people in his administration indicted for crimes. But people in this Ohio diner...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240March 20, 2024 1:06 PM

That monstrous sized binder with over 1,000 pages was a top secret with highest national security information was never recovered from Trump. That will come up as a major concern in the Florida classified documents case.

by Anonymousreply 241March 20, 2024 1:31 PM

[quote]He's surrounded himself with criminals his whole life and placed as many criminals as he could in positions of power,

I still can't get over the Trump guy who was in Idaho, Utah, or somewhere like that, who ordered/demanded that the flag be raised full mast while he was in residence and lowered to half-mast when he was not. LOL!!! THIS is the mentality that this nation is dealing with...

OH! That guy was forced to resign because... he was on the take. But, of course...

by Anonymousreply 242March 20, 2024 1:34 PM

[quote]That will come up as a major concern in the Florida classified documents case.

Are you sure about that? What does Judge Canon have to say about that?

by Anonymousreply 243March 20, 2024 1:35 PM

Survey says: all of them!

"I've watched or seen two segments on Fox News that were as enjoyable as any I can recall, in which a perplexed host asks his co-hosts why none of Trump's billionaire friends have yet come to his aid. It got me thinking what the real answers to this might be - here's 5:

- They believe he will lose his appeal, and this will turn into a giant hassle.

- They believe he will lose the election, so there's no upside.

- His assets are encumbered way more than we know.

- He's untrustworthy, his brand is shot, and underneath it all he's really a deadbeat.

- Why the h*ll are you coming to me? Your own son-in-law has the $, and Musk has way more than I do."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 20, 2024 1:44 PM

Tee hee!

"Trump’s team has sought out wealthy supporters and weighed what assets could be sold, and fast. The presumptive GOP nominee himself has become increasingly concerned about the optics the March 25 deadline could present, especially the prospect that someone whose identity has long been tied to his wealth would confront financial crisis."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245March 20, 2024 1:46 PM

[quote]That monstrous sized binder with over 1,000 pages was a top secret with highest national security information was never recovered from Trump. That will come up as a major concern in the Florida classified documents case.

If the case proceeds before the November election, which I doubt.

by Anonymousreply 246March 20, 2024 1:50 PM

[quote]"I've watched or seen two segments on Fox News that were as enjoyable as any I can recall, in which a perplexed host asks his co-hosts why none of Trump's billionaire friends have yet come to his aid. It got me thinking what the real answers to this might be - here's 5:

I'll throw in another one...

HE HAS NO FRIENDS!

Trump IS NOT and WAS NOT liked among these people. He was just a vehicle to get the tax cuts, etc that they wanted. Just prior years to the years that the Trumps entered the White House they were shunned by anyone of "importance" in NYC. Trump is the darling of the blue-collar worker and the very nouveau riche (more like upper class) while the true elite want nothing to do with him--and he knows this.

by Anonymousreply 247March 20, 2024 1:54 PM

[quote] That will come up as a major concern in the Florida classified documents case

Hah!

by Anonymousreply 248March 20, 2024 1:57 PM

Even if he had a billionaire friend, you don’t loan half a billion dollars to someone who wouldn’t pay you back even if he could.

by Anonymousreply 249March 20, 2024 1:58 PM

AG James has responded: She said this morning that we really don't know what the problem is for him not to post bond. Is it because he's not as wealthy as he says he is and his buildings are not his stated worth ?

Also - why doesn't he go to multiple bond companies and have them all pitch in smaller amounts ?

by Anonymousreply 250March 20, 2024 2:19 PM

AG James also said she doesn't believe he has done everything he possibly could to get the bond, and has emphasized 'the law is the law' - pony up, or she'll go after his assets on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 251March 20, 2024 2:21 PM

[quote]I've watched or seen two segments on Fox News that were as enjoyable as any I can recall, in which a perplexed host asks his co-hosts why none of Trump's billionaire friends have yet come to his aid.

An article from the Intelligencer responding to Mark Levin's question on "no Republican multi-billionaires offering to lend President Trump the funds" suggests it's because he is a crook

[quote]Let me propose an alternative explanation for the paradox Levin is observing: Wealthy Republicans are hesitant to extend large loans to Trump because he is, in fact, a crook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252March 20, 2024 2:22 PM

She would be wise to hold off until his appeal is heard. She has a monitor in place so he can’t move assets. If the award is reduced on appeal, she’ll look too aggressive if she forces him to liquidate before his appeal is heard.

by Anonymousreply 253March 20, 2024 2:25 PM

He'll probably come up with the money at the eleventh hour by way of a Bitcoin account from a foriegn entity.

by Anonymousreply 254March 20, 2024 2:27 PM

[quote]AG James has responded: She said this morning that we really don't know what the problem is for him not to post bond. Is it because he's not as wealthy as he says he is and his buildings are not his stated worth ?

HA! Oh, huuun-NEY!!! The shade! THE SHADE!!!

LOL! That comment alone will keep Trump up for weeks!

by Anonymousreply 255March 20, 2024 2:34 PM

[quote]Also - why doesn't he go to multiple bond companies and have them all pitch in smaller amounts ?

He tried. It's not that no one company wanted to put up the whole thing. None of the companies contacted wanted to put up any of it.

by Anonymousreply 256March 20, 2024 2:40 PM

His inability to post bond is an admission that he inflated his worth and lied about his wealth. Oh, and he doesn't pay his bills and stiff people.

He needs to be stripped of his assets in whatever form to satisfy his judgment. If it were any of us it would be seized property auctions all day long.

by Anonymousreply 257March 20, 2024 2:41 PM

[quote][R176], you really think an anti-vaxx. Pro-conspiracy loon is going to take votes away from Biden? I want what you’re smoking.

I'm not smoking anything. Polls that have looked into the contingents which are currently "Undecided" and "I don't like either of them", found that more of those who favor the Dems said they would vote for RFK than those who favor the GOP. It was enough to take Biden's current slim lead and turn it into a deficit (v Trump) about twice as big. If there are other independent candidates, they are likely to magnify this effect. Biden's best chance is if he's straight-up running against Trump, because then the only choice the "I don't like either"s have is to stay at home, which would leave Biden with his slim lead.

Obviously the polls can change closer to the election, but right now that's what most of those who look at this are saying. Biden is ahead of Trump by about 1.5 points, but about 2.5 behind if you put RFK in the mix. Such small differences are within the statisticians' margin of error, but on the stats that's the story as of last week.

by Anonymousreply 258March 20, 2024 2:41 PM

R253, Trump is not entitled to special treatment.

by Anonymousreply 259March 20, 2024 2:53 PM

The Freepers are losing their shit over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 20, 2024 3:15 PM

I don’t think it’s “special treatment.” There’s nothing that requires James to pounce on Trump’s property immediately. She has a court-appointed monitor in place to prevent him from moving or hiding assets.

by Anonymousreply 261March 20, 2024 3:26 PM

R260, that was an especially satisfying read.

by Anonymousreply 262March 20, 2024 3:41 PM

R262 but also what a bunch of loonies!

by Anonymousreply 263March 20, 2024 3:50 PM

RFK Jr's unfavorability is going up as he's more in the public eye, and that will only increase as the campaigns, and ads, heat up. Anyway, third-party candidates usually pull half as many votes as polls predict they will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 20, 2024 4:04 PM

[quote]what a bunch of loonies!

Indeed they are. If you ever want to look at what the ultra-right wing is saying and thinking, it's the place to go. You may want a shower afterward.

by Anonymousreply 265March 20, 2024 4:15 PM

[quote]The Russkies would have popped for the money by now if that was going to happen.

They will wait until the last minute to get as many concessions from Trump as they can.

by Anonymousreply 266March 20, 2024 4:45 PM

I wonder what the right wing media faction would be saying if the Clintons were found guilty of decades of business fraud, were unable to obtain a surety bond for $454 million, and were scrounging around to find rich supporters to kick in the money?

by Anonymousreply 267March 20, 2024 4:46 PM

That won’t work now. He told the court he doesn’t have the money. If suddenly he does have the money, he’ll have to explain why.

by Anonymousreply 268March 20, 2024 4:47 PM

The Republicans don’t wait for evidence or court rulings to smear Democrats. They just make it up.

by Anonymousreply 269March 20, 2024 4:48 PM

r268 Exactly the pressure for full transparency would be overwhelming -- and it will be should any 11th Hour savior cometh.

As it is, he is a Presidential Candidate For Sale and patently disqualified to run or hold higher office. Full Stop.

by Anonymousreply 270March 20, 2024 4:56 PM

AND They are SO misinformed. Freepers think he can’t appeal unless he posts a bond.

That’s not true.

In NY, if you lose at trial court, you lose. The winning side can begin the (usually difficult) process of trying to collect. But the loser can still appeal.

If the loser then wins the appeal, the state has to give back whatever they’ve managed to collect.

If the loser wants to delay the winner from even attempting to collect, the loser has to post a bond along with his appeal. That stops the state in its tracks. (The compensation is, the bond makes it easier for the state to collect, after sitting on its hands for a lengthy appeal, IF the state wins a second time.)

TFG wants the court to stack the deck in his favor (Surprise, Surprise!): make the state wait another year or two to Begin collecting; while his lawyers spend time concocting schemes to make it harder for anyone to do so if he loses again.

by Anonymousreply 271March 20, 2024 4:57 PM

Drag him, Ms James!

D. R. A. G. HIM!

by Anonymousreply 272March 20, 2024 6:47 PM

Meanwhile, Trump keeps draining Republican coffers just to pay his legal bills.

And now that daughter-in-law Lara is running the show, wait till that drip, drip, drip in Republican Party funds becomes a tidal wave of Republican donor money being sucked into the Trump sewage line. By the time November rolls around, the party will be facing bankruptcy, and Trump will claim he knows nothing about how that might have happened. As usual, it will be everybody else's fault EXCEPT Trump's and his cunt in-law's.

by Anonymousreply 273March 20, 2024 9:20 PM

Everyone this motherfucker defames, and there are plenty, should sue him until he has to go live under a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 274March 20, 2024 9:24 PM

Full List of Donald Trump's Properties Letitia James Is About to Take

Trump Park Avenue, New York, N.Y.

Trump Tower, New York, N.Y.

40 Wall Street, New York, N.Y.

Seven Springs, Westchester County, N.Y.

Trump International Hotel and Tower, Las Vegas, Nevada

Mar-a-Lago, Palm Beach, Florida

Trump National Golf Club Westchester, Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.

Trump National Golf Club Charlotte, Mooresville, North Carolina

Trump National Golf Club Colts Neck, Colts Neck, New Jersey

Trump National Golf Club, Washington, D.C., Sterling, Virginia

Trump National Golf Club Hudson Valley, Hopewell Junction, N.Y.

Trump National Golf Club Jupiter, Jupiter, Florida

Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles, Rancho Palos Verdes, California

Trump National Golf Club Philadelphia, Pine Hill, New Jersey

Trump International Golf Links Scotland (Aberdeen)

Trump International Golf Links Scotland (Turnberry)

by Anonymousreply 275March 20, 2024 9:26 PM

The lies about the justice procedures that come pouring out their mouths. No pity. Collect it now. At least liens. Make him squirm. I want to see a narcissistic implosion.

Also FUCK the mainstream news media for not boiling down the lies into 2 minutes of clear explanation. TRUMP CAN APPEAL. Even without paying the disgorgement. But justice can proceed to collect the disgorgement. It's the state's money at this point.

by Anonymousreply 276March 20, 2024 9:28 PM

Trumpy Trump, the Poorer Little Poor Boy

by Anonymousreply 277March 20, 2024 10:43 PM

Folks talk about prison with glee. Having their ill-gotten-gains confiscated is traumatic for this family. Don't underestimate prosecutors going after shell entities where he's named in those papers.

by Anonymousreply 278March 20, 2024 10:44 PM

You don't go to prison for this.

by Anonymousreply 279March 20, 2024 10:58 PM

I think this is truly the end for him - I don’t think he’s going to bounce back and sane Republicans are tired and non-supportive - he’s a major liability to the party.

by Anonymousreply 280March 20, 2024 11:06 PM

Trump and co. create so much chaos and complications on purpose. That's his tactic. He's a bulldozer of lies, spectacle, grift, schemes, and criminality. People can't keep up.

Even today he has monopolized all media and justice so ALL HIS FELLOW GOP CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS are off Scottfree. They went after the peons and left all criminal congress members alone. Clarence Thomas and his shit wife? FREE as birds.

by Anonymousreply 281March 20, 2024 11:09 PM

Hahahahaha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 20, 2024 11:12 PM

It’s good that in history, kids will see a strong black woman defend our country and stand up to racism & fascism.

by Anonymousreply 283March 20, 2024 11:26 PM

R278 I'm sure Leticia James's staff have already done a deep dive on the assets and all their properties, liquid assets and securities. You can bet there are at least some offshore shell companies with multiple beneficial ownership structures to hide some liquid assets.

by Anonymousreply 284March 20, 2024 11:58 PM

FOX's Larry Kudlow asked MAGA supporter Kevin O'Leary ('Mr. Wonderful on 'Shark Tank') if he would loan his friend Trump the money. O'Leary looked rather embarrassed for being put on the spot, and skirted around the question. In the end, he didn't say yes.

by Anonymousreply 285March 21, 2024 12:07 AM

All of those MAGAt supporting cunts with money know Dump is a con man, liar and deadbeat.

They can’t put their money where their MAGAt mouths are because they’d be just as broke as he is if they coughed up any cash to help him.

#DeadbeatDonald

by Anonymousreply 286March 21, 2024 12:10 AM

I cannot WAIT until Monday. (But I have this feeling that he'll come up with the cash at the last second, compliments of some foreign oligarch).

by Anonymousreply 287March 21, 2024 12:11 AM

Some foreign oligarch may indeed provide Trump with the dough, but having the President of the United States beholden to and on the hook for 464M to a foreign despot is a bridge too far, even for Republicans. Oh, the MAGAts will stand by him through thick and thin, but they're not large enough voting bloc to get Trump elected.

by Anonymousreply 288March 21, 2024 12:17 AM

^There is absolutely no fucking way any kind of foreign entity is going to "get away" with that.

I don't know where people get the idea that the ultra-wealthy keep gigantic cash reserves sitting around. That only happens in the movies. Generally speaking, the more liquid an asset is, the less interest it generates, thus it is not a good idea to have this kind of money sitting in something pays just a few percent.

by Anonymousreply 289March 21, 2024 12:19 AM

"but having the President of the United States beholden to and on the hook for 464M to a foreign despot is a bridge too far, even for Republicans"

Nothing is a bridge too far anymore. There is no Republican Party anymore, it has been completely taken over by MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 290March 21, 2024 12:19 AM

R288 - you honestly think there’s a “bridge too far” for Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 291March 21, 2024 12:23 AM

^I agree, R290

Just remember that Republicans (of that time with many of them still in power) FORCED President Carter to sell his peanut farm citing conflicts of interest. As noted above, these current Republicans have turned a blind eye to the numerous violations of rules, laws, and precedent done by Trump and his administration. Why would a foreign "white knight" to save Trump move them to protest?

by Anonymousreply 292March 21, 2024 12:27 AM

[quote]I don't know where people get the idea that the ultra-wealthy keep gigantic cash reserves sitting around.

You're right. According to Fani Willis and Daddy Willis, it's average people who keep large amounts of cash sitting around.

by Anonymousreply 293March 21, 2024 12:58 AM

[quote]I don't know where people get the idea that the ultra-wealthy keep gigantic cash reserves sitting around. That only happens in the movies.

No one is saying that Sherlock. It's time to LIQUIDATE your assets, that means stocks, bonds, and yes real property. No one cares if it's going to be a fire sale. That's not the courts problem. You did something wrong, now you have to pay for it. End of Story.

by Anonymousreply 294March 21, 2024 1:08 AM

Tish should first go for that golf course where Ivana is buried. Then dig that grave up and find all of his secret documents!

by Anonymousreply 295March 21, 2024 1:10 AM

[quote]FOX's Larry Kudlow asked MAGA supporter Kevin O'Leary ('Mr. Wonderful on 'Shark Tank') if he would loan his friend Trump the money. O'Leary looked rather embarrassed

Well he should be. He has that kind of money and if he's going on Fox to say how this is an assault on America, then maybe as a patriotic Trump supporter he should open his wallet and help him out.

[bold] Put your money where your mouth is Kevin

by Anonymousreply 296March 21, 2024 1:11 AM

Kevin O'Leary is Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 297March 21, 2024 1:14 AM

That's even more hypocritical since he says it's UN-Aermican.

by Anonymousreply 298March 21, 2024 1:47 AM

[quote]I don't know where people get the idea that the ultra-wealthy keep gigantic cash reserves sitting around. That only happens in the movies.

Actually they do, but it's in foreign bank accounts so they don't have to pay taxes.

by Anonymousreply 299March 21, 2024 1:58 AM

I would love to see his shit confiscated Monday but watch him get the money, perhaps even mysteriously.

by Anonymousreply 300March 21, 2024 2:19 AM

It doesn’t need to be cash. Any liquid investments will do.

by Anonymousreply 301March 21, 2024 3:46 AM

Back to reality folks. So if Trump does not come up with the cash or bond, it's going to be a long, long time before they actually sell off his assets. What they can do is instantly slap leans on the property of value. that means once he sells it, the state will get it's cut. And they can force a sale, but that will take months. Lean will really fuck him up because it's very hard to get a loan from a bank when they see how heavy your leans are. This means he cant use his property as his bank account anymore to fund other projects like how he's been doing.

by Anonymousreply 302March 21, 2024 3:54 AM

Yeah, r302, but Pootz still has some petty cash laying around to funnel to the traitor.

When the heat is off, the rubles will flow.

by Anonymousreply 303March 21, 2024 4:08 AM

They can also take his cash, investments and receivables.

by Anonymousreply 304March 21, 2024 4:09 AM

[quote] the ultra-wealthy keep gigantic cash reserves sitting around

My Christmas Club account down at the Bank of Poughkeepsie does nicely, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 305March 21, 2024 4:23 AM

[quote]when they see how heavy your leans are.

Tower of Pisa?

oh dear

by Anonymousreply 306March 21, 2024 4:24 AM

I heard today Trumps lawyers have produced ZERO proof they have asked any organizations to make this bond. They have this long list of everyone who said no but in fact may have asked very few. Also the people involved are completely unqualified to seek and negotiate such a bond. It's just more lies. He doesn't want to pay because he's a big baby and also refuses to provide collateral, if he even has 500 in value among all his assets. They are all leveraged and mortgaged to the hilt.

by Anonymousreply 307March 21, 2024 4:30 AM

That Truth Social merger is tomorrow, let's see if he gets any last-minute moolah from that.

by Anonymousreply 308March 21, 2024 4:33 AM

TSF is absolutely terrified of not being re-elected, as obtaining more Top Secrets, breaking bonds with NATO, ending aid to Ukraine, and fulfilling whatever other assignments he has from Putin are the only ways he can re-pay his massive debt to VP and his oligarchs.

That is to say, if Trump can neither do the above NOR can re-pay with cash, he will be Navalnyed, and he is well aware of that.

by Anonymousreply 309March 21, 2024 4:39 AM

The thought of him possibly being unable to sleep due to all the stress of losing his assets brings me endless joy.

by Anonymousreply 310March 21, 2024 4:43 AM

They’re going to play the martyr card.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311March 21, 2024 4:44 AM

Trump doesn’t sleep.

by Anonymousreply 312March 21, 2024 4:45 AM

R63, President Clinton was impeached, a political action; he was neither indicted nor prosecuted in a court of law.

The Senate vote acquitted Clinton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313March 21, 2024 4:51 AM

Old McDonald is hoping the Appeals Court bails him out with this stay motion. I really hope they don't, because he doesn't seem to be putting up any good reasons. He could have started selling properties four weeks ago, even longer, but he is of course waiting until the last minute in hopes that they save him or cut him some slack. But for what reason? Who cares if he is running for President? That's his problem! He could have prepared for it but he is so broke he didn't want the embarrassment of having to sell multiple properties which are not worth as much as he claims. I really hope they -- at most -- give him more time to sell the properties but don't let him get away with not paying. That is unfair to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 314March 21, 2024 5:10 AM

I hope Letitia hits the ground running first thing on Monday. Gut that motherfucker already.

by Anonymousreply 315March 21, 2024 5:47 AM

[quote]He could have started selling properties four weeks ago, even longer,

Bear in mind that he's got a court appointed monitor watching over his businesses. That complicates things.

by Anonymousreply 316March 21, 2024 6:37 AM

As a presidential candidate he ought to be divesting from businesses anyway so he should think of this as a win-win.

by Anonymousreply 317March 21, 2024 9:49 AM

The replies to this Twitter post where Jr. Mint criers for money are edifying as well as hysterical.

It seems people, Republicans included, don't like it when a billionaire pleads for cash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 21, 2024 10:29 AM

[quote] Is Melania considered a property asset ?

Her poosey is considered the world's finest leather.

by Anonymousreply 319March 21, 2024 10:45 AM

R319 - gross.

by Anonymousreply 320March 21, 2024 11:13 AM

Rich Corinnnnnnnthian lay-ther.

by Anonymousreply 321March 21, 2024 11:18 AM

Trump want to pretend to the world that he is Scrooge McDuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 21, 2024 11:40 AM

When he is actually Bargain Basement Donny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 21, 2024 11:42 AM

Is the AG able to go after the brokerage account used as collateral for the E. Jean Carroll bond or is that off limits?

by Anonymousreply 324March 21, 2024 12:03 PM

r324 That money is off limits and is basically hers already unless he miraculously wins on appeal.

by Anonymousreply 325March 21, 2024 1:13 PM

Tit isn’t exactly on the up & up herself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326March 21, 2024 1:22 PM

Did you read that pretzel of an article?

by Anonymousreply 327March 21, 2024 1:35 PM

Yes and I don’t see what a Board member of a non-profit trying to sell an historic building to get a personal loan back has to do with Trump. It’s hard to force the sale of non-profits even when the entire board is in favor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329March 21, 2024 1:42 PM

[quote]Kevin O'Leary is Canadian.

Yes, and he holds dual citizenship in Canada and Ireland (where is mother is from). He holds no US citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 330March 21, 2024 1:46 PM

In unfortunate reality, he’s probably banking on unnamed investors buying into Truth Social, to cover his bond, if it (successfully) goes public before Letitia can collect on his other properties.

by Anonymousreply 331March 21, 2024 1:50 PM

I tried to read article at r326, but it is a mess. I gave up before I found out how it allegedly hoists James on her own petard.

I hate writers who assume they are telling a story and the reader is going to stick with it to eventually get to the punchline. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

by Anonymousreply 332March 21, 2024 1:51 PM

Avoid the NY Post at all costs, r332. r326 is obviously trolling.

by Anonymousreply 333March 21, 2024 2:49 PM

He may be trolling, but that doesn’t mean the article doesn’t have a legitimate issue with James. I would have made up my own mind if the author just told us what she thought the problem was, then told her long story .

by Anonymousreply 334March 21, 2024 2:52 PM

Hmmm…I apparently have r326 blocked. I don’t see the post at all. I only block MAGATs.

by Anonymousreply 335March 21, 2024 3:00 PM

I'm genuinely curious as to why Jarvanka hasn't stepped up and given him the money. Are they cash poor too or would it raise to many questions about the sources of all that money? Wonder if it's caused any familial problems too. The favorite daughter is oddly quiet and absent.

by Anonymousreply 336March 21, 2024 4:10 PM

Trump is notorious for not paying people even when he can

Not many people can afford to eat half a billion. Even fewer want to.

by Anonymousreply 337March 21, 2024 4:27 PM

If the gave it as a gift they’d need to pay taxes on all amounts over $18,000 so it would be significantly more than the half billion.

And if they gave it as a loan they’d need to attempt to recover the funds when he loses the appeal which would be…awkward.

by Anonymousreply 338March 21, 2024 4:41 PM

Trump's name should be stripped from every seized property. I loved Chicago when I first visited about six years ago but was grossly repulsed to see the Racist Rapist's name looming over the river downtown. Puke. It stinks up Fifth Avenue, too.

by Anonymousreply 339March 21, 2024 4:43 PM

Javanka may not have a fortune that can spare half a billion dollars! The Saudi cash is in Jared mutual fund company, not in his personal bank account.

Also, nobody should make a personal loan of that amount. It should be a finance company that takes the risk. They won't get I back from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 340March 21, 2024 4:44 PM

Yesterday I saw a clip of an interview with Rapey Racist and when asked a question about the lawsuits trump said something to the effect of "the answer is you're a terrible reporter."

I hate that rude stupid idiot to the ends of time. Die asshole.

by Anonymousreply 341March 21, 2024 4:45 PM

They’re saying now he didn’t bother asking anyone, he’s going to lie and say Dems rigged banks against him, when he decided to just pull a Kamakazi move and do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 342March 21, 2024 4:56 PM

I've hard the same, R342.

by Anonymousreply 343March 21, 2024 5:09 PM

If he can’t stop it, he might as well take advantage of it.

by Anonymousreply 344March 21, 2024 5:17 PM

[quote]Also, nobody should make a personal loan of that amount.

Yeah, when it comes to personal loans, the rule is "never loan what you can't afford to lose."

Few people on the planet can afford to lose $464 million.

by Anonymousreply 345March 21, 2024 5:25 PM

Yes, the answer to why billionaires aren't offering him money is, one, he knows better than to ask them, and, two, they know his record too well to loan him anything.

by Anonymousreply 346March 21, 2024 5:27 PM

The New York AG office has filed judgments in Westchester County, the first indication that the state is preparing to try to seize Donald Trump’s golf course and private estate north of Manhattan, known as Seven Springs.

The judgment is already entered in NYC where Trump’s properties including Trump Tower, his penthouse at Trump Tower, 40 Wall Street, his hotel abutting Central Park, and numerous apartment buildings are located.

Judgments have not been entered in Florida counties including Miami or Palm Beach where Trump’s Mar-a-Lago property and the Trump National Doral Golf Club and resort are located or Cook County, Illinois, where Trump’s hotel in Chicago is located

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347March 21, 2024 5:35 PM

Four more days until the repo men and women show up!

He's gotta be fuming over this and shitting his diaper, which brings me joy.

by Anonymousreply 348March 21, 2024 5:39 PM

I hope they take Mar-A-Lago while at the same time I’m afraid it would help him politically.

by Anonymousreply 349March 21, 2024 5:42 PM

[quote]"but having the President of the United States beholden to and on the hook for 464M to a foreign despot is a bridge too far, even for Republicans"

Wasn't that what happened for his entire presidency? Republicans didn't say anything out of fear.

by Anonymousreply 350March 21, 2024 5:44 PM

R341

This clip with NBC's Peter Alexander about COVID?

[quote]he journalist asked a 'nasty question', calling him a 'terrible reporter'. He also attacked NBC and Comcast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351March 21, 2024 5:47 PM

Trump Briarcliff Manor is also in Westchester. A tiny town of 7k

Nick Tartaglione was a cop in Briarcliff Manor before he murdered 4 people over a drug deal and ended up as Epstein's cellmate. He either caused or slept through Epstein's first suicide attempt. Small world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 21, 2024 6:00 PM

He's apparently making two big announcements tomorrow at 11am EST, the QAnoners I follow are all freaking out.

I bet he announces a three-day MAGA-telethon, the likes of which we've never seen, to try and get that money before Monday.

by Anonymousreply 353March 21, 2024 6:04 PM

He'll get the funds at the 11th hour from Russia or Saudi Arabia. I'm sure they're working with some bank right now to launder it so it appears the bank is lending Trump the money.

by Anonymousreply 354March 21, 2024 6:05 PM

1 RUB To USD Convert Russian Ruble To United States Dollar. 1 RUB = 0.01089 USD Mar 21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355March 21, 2024 6:11 PM

Yeah, banks all have branches in New York making them highly vulnerable to prosecution. Not even Deutsche Bank is going to launder sanctioned Oligarch rubles.

by Anonymousreply 356March 21, 2024 6:15 PM

Looks like he’s going to pull a bunch of money out of a Truth Social windfall. $3.5B. I’m sure that will be scrutinized very closely.

by Anonymousreply 357March 21, 2024 6:15 PM

He can't sell his stock for six more months unless Biden lifts that rule just for him. Also, the stock would crater before he could sell it anyway.

I still think some billionaire donor will foot the bill and that's what he'll announce at the presser tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 358March 21, 2024 6:22 PM

Bankruptcy blamed on Libtards.

by Anonymousreply 359March 21, 2024 6:37 PM

Babysitter assigned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360March 21, 2024 6:43 PM

[bold]The Republican megadonors paying up for dinner with Donald Trump[/bold]

Billionaire investor John Paulson has announced he’ll hold a flashy fundraiser for Donald Trump next month as the former president’s need for campaign cash grows alongside his stack of legal bills and judgments.

Paulson will host the dinner in Palm Beach on April 6 alongside two people who have flocked to Trump after initially supporting his rivals: Robert Bigelow, a real estate investor who was the biggest donor to Florida governor Ron DeSantis during his failed presidential bid, and Harold Hamm, a shale oil baron who had called on Trump to drop out of the race in July last year.

There are two guest tiers, reports the FT’s Alex Rogers: those who give at least $250,000, and those who drop a cool $814,600 — and get to sit at Trump’s table. Everybody will be able to snap a photo with the former president and receive a goody bag with a “personalised ‘Our Journey Together’ coffee table book”, according to the invitation. (In case you’re wondering about the book’s content, it is filled with photos from Trump’s time in office and features him waving from Air Force One on the cover.)

The fundraiser will benefit the Trump campaign, the Republican National Committee and Save America, a group that has shelled out more than $50mn for the former president’s legal bills.

Trump needs all the money he can get at the moment. About 30 potential underwriters have declined to help the former president secure a bond to postpone the enforcement of a $464mn civil fraud judgment. Not to mention, he’s lagging far behind US President Joe Biden in raising campaign cash.

Others ponying up to co-chair the event include sugar tycoon Pepe Fanjul, casino magnates Steve Wynn and Phil Ruffin, World Wrestling Entertainment co-founder Linda McMahon and conservative megadonors Robert and Rebekah Mercer. Former US senator Kelly Loeffler — who represented the swing state of Georgia — and her husband, Intercontinental Exchange founder Jeffrey Sprecher, will also be there, among others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361March 21, 2024 6:49 PM

[quote]He's gotta be fuming over this and shitting his diaper

Oh I'm sure the n-word is flying around like crazy at Maralago!

by Anonymousreply 362March 21, 2024 7:02 PM

And the c-word.

by Anonymousreply 363March 21, 2024 7:05 PM

When you've lost Fox News ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364March 21, 2024 7:17 PM

And the ketchup!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365March 21, 2024 7:17 PM

R350, But now Trump’s finances are becoming known to the world, something Republican pols can no longer pretend not to know.

by Anonymousreply 366March 21, 2024 7:20 PM

Nothing matters. Republicans will vote for him even if he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 367March 21, 2024 7:49 PM

Can you imagine rich Democrat mega donors paying $250K to $1M to sit with Joe Biden at a dinner?

Talk about blatant massive corruption and paying for influence. But it's all okay if it's Trump.

by Anonymousreply 368March 21, 2024 7:59 PM

[quote]Talk about blatant massive corruption and paying for influence. But it's all okay if it's Trump.

Sounds fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 369March 21, 2024 8:05 PM

Putin himself could land via helicopter on the grounds of Mar-A-Lago and hand Dump briefcases stuffed with cash and the Repukes wouldn’t bat an eye.

by Anonymousreply 370March 21, 2024 8:07 PM

[quote] Oh I'm sure the n-word is flying around like crazy at Maralago!

"PEEKABOO" James is a very nasty woman!

by Anonymousreply 371March 21, 2024 8:14 PM

This says he thinks bankruptcy would hurt him more than having his properties seized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372March 21, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote]I heard today Trumps lawyers have produced ZERO proof they have asked any organizations to make this bond.

I knew that was going to happen, I am glad someone looked into it.

by Anonymousreply 373March 21, 2024 8:28 PM

Maybe he can pimp Barron out to Peter Thiel

by Anonymousreply 374March 21, 2024 8:33 PM

Nobody wants to lend him money because they know the kind of sociopath he is.

by Anonymousreply 375March 21, 2024 8:35 PM

Well first this:

He asked Elon if he wanted to buy Truth Social.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376March 21, 2024 8:44 PM

Well looks like he might have yet another out to avoid losing his property. That fucker is trying to take Truth Social public on the stock exchange. The merger with another company starts tomorrow. The company that is buying Truth Social is just as sleazy. They were set up just to do this for Trump. It's only been around since 2021 and it's founders were already fined 18 million for some insider trading violation. Trump bought about 70% of the shares so if the merger goes as planned he could have another 3 billion in instant net worth.

The article below points out how Trump may not have the cash in time, 6 month waiting period, but if you read to the end they point out that since Trump is the majority share holder, he could ask them to waive the 6 month waiting period or even front him some of the money ahead of time with the stocks as their asset.

Truth Social didn't make jack shit in profit. Advertising revenue is very low. Duh, so why would anyone want it? Apparently it's all about the clicks. MAGA clicks on there like rabbits on a wheel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377March 21, 2024 8:55 PM

[quote] I heard today Trumps lawyers have produced ZERO proof they have asked any organizations to make this bond.

A sworn affidavit is evidence, even for Trump’s lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 378March 21, 2024 9:01 PM

Has there been a more glaring case of a con man well known to anyone and any form of law enforcement repeatedly get away with it?

Failed businesses, reality TV paraded as business acumen, bankruptcies, lying openly and repeatedly, etc etc. it’s very discouraging that our legal system can’t shut him down. Yes it has shut down his business, his fake university and pathetic foundation. But ahead he pliws playing his con on the worst elements in our society.

When will it end?

by Anonymousreply 379March 21, 2024 9:04 PM

[quote] Republicans will vote for him even if he's dead.

I'm good with that.

by Anonymousreply 380March 21, 2024 9:12 PM

The people in that merger are all suing each other so it’ll be delisted and in with the penny stocks in no time.

by Anonymousreply 381March 21, 2024 9:31 PM

I hope so R381, I guess we will find out.

I just dont get the valuation of it. If they dont sell much as Truth Social with all those clicks, what makes it worth that kind of money? So they have a few million lurkers but lurkers do not translate to customers.

by Anonymousreply 382March 21, 2024 10:22 PM

The magats are melting down over possible seizure of his properties. Some are calling him a superhero...oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 383March 21, 2024 10:24 PM

Superhero?

I still own all of my buildings.

by Anonymousreply 384March 21, 2024 10:32 PM

Me, too, r369!

by Anonymousreply 385March 21, 2024 10:36 PM

Probably all his properties are debt leveraged. You can't get a loan against assets that have already been collateralized.

by Anonymousreply 386March 21, 2024 11:47 PM

Didn't Biden impose sanctions on Russian banks?

by Anonymousreply 387March 21, 2024 11:58 PM

Yes they did. But many Russian assets are held outside of Russia in various foreign countries in shell companies and LLCs have multiple layers of companies and ownership and it's a task to determine who the ultimate beneficial owners actually are.

by Anonymousreply 388March 22, 2024 12:03 AM

Never, ever count this piece of turd out. He'll escape unscathed.

He's been talked about relentlessly every single day ever since he walked down that escalator in 2016. And for such a narcissist, that's better than heaven.

by Anonymousreply 389March 22, 2024 12:05 AM

He gets away with so much because he has gullible public and rich sycophants who support him regardless of what he says and does.

by Anonymousreply 390March 22, 2024 12:07 AM

My friends are convinced he’s going to jail, I think he’ll be in some house arrest, probably at MAL.

by Anonymousreply 391March 22, 2024 12:35 AM

Today I had my tax appointment with my CPA, a very experienced man in his early 60s. This is the second year I've gone to him, as he was highly recommended from a very close friend of mine. Last year we didn't converse much while he was doing my taxes - just made light conversation about local restaurants (we are both food lovers). This year, was different.

This year, for some reason, he started talking about the upcoming election and depending on the outcome, it will be disastrous for Americans when we file taxes next year. Turned out, he's a big Trumper. On a couple of occasions, I let him know (very politely) I'm a liberal and didn't agree with what he was saying ('Well, I guess we will have to disagree on that...'). He kept backing it up by telling me to 'look it up - it's the truth' - and gave me all these republican sources (including FOX News) to back it up. When I tried to change subjects it was useless - he kept bringing up how bad Biden is and how great Trump is. It was an interesting 45 minutes.

In the end, I'm getting abut $500 in a state refund, and I owe the Feds around $150. I'm happy with this. He then said to me, 'See that $150 you're sending to the Feds ? That's going directly to help these illegal immigrants crossing our borders.'

I smiled and said, 'See that $500 I'm being refunded ? I'm considering donating that to Biden's campaign. At least it will be going to his campaign, and not his legal debt. ' I got a smirk from him.

by Anonymousreply 392March 22, 2024 1:15 AM

Time to find a new CPA.

by Anonymousreply 393March 22, 2024 1:25 AM

I’d find another CPA.

I dropped my doc because he was a trumptard. I told him, too, why I left. Not that he cared, but I got real sick of his his Reich Wing bullshit talking points.

by Anonymousreply 394March 22, 2024 1:25 AM

That type of unprofessionalism is a sign of poor judgment, to say nothing of bad breeding. Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 395March 22, 2024 1:30 AM

It's a bad idea for a professional to discuss politics and religion, even when the customer/patient is of the same mindset.

by Anonymousreply 396March 22, 2024 1:51 AM

My CPA who retired a few years ago was also a Republican ( I had him for 30 years). I went to another CPA in 2022 (someone I found next to the Dunkin I frequented on the way to work), and I dropped my stuff off to her - she was good, but also had 'Trump' stuff all over her bookcase behind her (and a Trump bumper sticker on her car). So now I ended up with this guy. Are all CPAs Trumpers - especially in a liberal blue state ?

by Anonymousreply 397March 22, 2024 1:53 AM

R394, it's especially important that you dropped your Trumphead doctor: he might have tried to get you to drink bleach or take horse dewormer for something.

by Anonymousreply 398March 22, 2024 2:00 AM

Some CPAs want more tax cuts for the rich. Look for the ones who are true professionals, and not the ones who spout their politics out loud.

by Anonymousreply 399March 22, 2024 2:08 AM

Yes, r398, that thought seriously crossed my mind, which is another reason I dumped him.

I no longer could trust his opinion as a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 400March 22, 2024 2:08 AM

Nah r397. My tax guy is very liberal. His partner is Republican but is a never Dumper.

by Anonymousreply 401March 22, 2024 2:24 AM

When I lived in Florida I had to dump a doctor, a dentist, a lawyer, and a periodontist (who had an altar in his waiting room.) As a gay man, I thought it was important to have a gay doctor. I couldn't find one, or at least any that were out.

This was before Trump, but I lived in an area that was rife with Republicans and Southern Baptists and it was suffocating.

After a while, I suspected them all of being less than attentive and very judgemental about the fact that I was gay. That included lawyers and CPAs.

There was a shocking lack of professionalism. They were all so convinced that EVERYONE thought as they did.

Ultimately we had to get out of Florida as the environment got more and more oppressive.

I had to put up with that in Florida. I decided never again. After we moved I started by asking professionals explicit questions about how I would be treated. After a while they thought I was the nutty one for asking. I live in what is probably the most liberal state in the NE. I won't be leaving under any circumstances.

If you're able to, dump anyone that doesn't respect you. And again, if you're able to, let them know why you're dumping them and that their unprofessionalism will be noted. Then do it.

by Anonymousreply 402March 22, 2024 2:31 AM

Would that be Massachusetts?

by Anonymousreply 403March 22, 2024 2:42 AM

Coming soon I hope. The gold shoes are a special touch. Missing an ankle bracelet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404March 22, 2024 2:50 AM

He’s really dancing as fast as he can at this point.

Also, is there a worse reporter than Haberman? She fancies herself the Trump explainer (does he really need explaining at this point?) but does no reporting on the actual facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405March 22, 2024 12:15 PM

r405 To the surprise of absolutely no one, he has managed to worm his way out of this one as well. A teflon-coated cockroach. I swear he's a scourge sent directly by the gods, there's no other explanation for why he always seems to land on his orange feet.

by Anonymousreply 406March 22, 2024 12:27 PM

^^I weep for the Americans who read that word salad and think, "That man should be president again!"

by Anonymousreply 407March 22, 2024 12:28 PM

I'm referring to the word salad Trump wrote in the tweet at R405, of course..

R406 was perfectly lucid.

by Anonymousreply 408March 22, 2024 12:30 PM

I don’t think he’s wormed his way out of this R406. He’s spinning and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 409March 22, 2024 1:03 PM

The odds of Dondon having $450M cash in hand by Monday morning are insanely slim. Microscopic.

Even if he miraculously sells Truth Social today, SEC laws forbid him from cashing out before September. It'll be worthless by then.

by Anonymousreply 410March 22, 2024 1:10 PM

Arthur has granted Babs additional powers to watch over Trump's bond dealings like a hawk in heat. So if the money for the bond comes from the Saudis, the Russians or the Hungarians, the public will know.

by Anonymousreply 411March 22, 2024 1:16 PM

If dump was being truthful (a big giant if) about the cash he has on hand, this would wipe him out if he paid it himself. He’d have to sell something. He’d have no cash on hand to pay for his steaks with ketchup, or Melania’s spa treatments, or Jr.’s cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 412March 22, 2024 1:17 PM

Campaign donations have reportedly dwindled, from large and small donors. Sounds like Trump is also trying to score some of those by crying about the AG taking his “self-funded” campaign funds (oh, my sides, self-funded indeed!)

While I wouldn’t put it past him to have the funds, but using this judgement as a money grab, there are a few indications that he doesn’t haven’t it.

by Anonymousreply 413March 22, 2024 1:23 PM

R403

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 414March 22, 2024 1:35 PM

r402. I'm glad you escaped. I've been going back and forth from NE to FL my whole life. I was there last week and It's never been worse. People are dumb as shit.

10 years ago, I had to take an elderly relative to a Dr. appointment. They had a framed picture of Rush Limbaugh in the waiting room. I asked my brother about it and he told me that the Dr. doesn't want black patients. He also told me that The Dr/pilot/prick had a party in his airplane hangar and in the men's room there were urinal cakes with Obama's face.

by Anonymousreply 415March 22, 2024 2:03 PM

R415

This is O/T but I was lucky because we could afford to leave; one of us had taken early retirement and the other worked from home. We bought real estate low and then sold high. We were able to pay to get moved.

This isn't a humble brag - it's recognition that not everyone that wants to get out of that hellhole can. Many good people are stuck there.

As I said, I was lucky.

And I can attest to everything you experienced. It was crazy in a way that many people wouldn't believe was possible. It was a cult before trump. He just gave voice to and rounded up what was already there.

by Anonymousreply 416March 22, 2024 2:24 PM

Does anyone know if Dump can borrow against future profits? We know he can’t use the money now, but can he get a bond holder to give him the $454 million based on this going through?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417March 22, 2024 2:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418March 22, 2024 2:28 PM

Maybe one of his rich 'friends' could sponsor a televised Dunk Tank event and charge $1000.00 per ball to knock the Orange Black Hole into the water. This could be a marathon event and run 24 hours over the weekend and is sure to net plenty of dough to cover some of his judgement.

by Anonymousreply 419March 22, 2024 2:31 PM

[quote]Does anyone know if Dump can borrow against future profits?

r417 I was wondering the same the other day. However, I think it's too speculative – no bank will loan him half a bil simply on a promise of some possible future wealth from stock trading, especially not with how over-leveraged he already is.

by Anonymousreply 420March 22, 2024 2:33 PM

How exactly is he worming his way out of this?

by Anonymousreply 421March 22, 2024 2:36 PM

Trump media has received approval to merge and "it will result in a "windfall" for the former POTUS" breaking news from the Washington Post. Donald Trump is like a rat.

by Anonymousreply 422March 22, 2024 2:37 PM

Well, well...

BREAKING NEWS Donald Trump’s social media company merged with a cash-rich shell corporation, a move that raises his wealth by billions.

by Anonymousreply 423March 22, 2024 2:44 PM

Just saw that on MSNBC. Sounds like he's not out of the woods yet - and may not be on Monday. Didn't they say it will take up to six months to be approved ? Maybe I misheard.

by Anonymousreply 424March 22, 2024 2:47 PM

So who's behind the "cash rich shell corporation?" because this stinks.

by Anonymousreply 425March 22, 2024 2:49 PM

That was expected, r243. But he can’t sell for six months, and the stock is overvalued by MAGA investors since it make no profit. No sure how many buyers there are if he’s getting out. Also, he’s being sued after screwing the guys who set up Truth Social.

by Anonymousreply 426March 22, 2024 2:51 PM

The two guys who are suing him (they're the ones who set up 'Truth Social') are his former contestants on 'The Apprentice'. Karma !

by Anonymousreply 427March 22, 2024 2:56 PM

Will this company be worth anything at all in six months?

by Anonymousreply 428March 22, 2024 3:09 PM

At Digital World’s current share price of around $43, Trump's massive stake win the company would be worth $3.4 billion – at least on paper. Digital World shares are set to move even higher on Friday, rising another 3% in premarket trading above $44.

The bad news for Trump is that this stake is not as liquid as it sounds. Those paper gains would be very difficult for Trump to translate to actual cash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429March 22, 2024 3:16 PM

From Fortune:

Fortune magazine:

Investors under the lock-up deal cannot sell, lend, donate or encumber their shares for six months after the close of the deal. Legal experts say “encumber” is a powerful word that could prevent Trump from using the stock as collateral to raise cash before six months have elapsed.

There are a few exceptions, such as by transferring stock to immediate family members. But in such cases, the recipients would also have to agree to abide by the lock-up agreement.

Digital World could waive the lock-up agreement before the deal closes. Or, in what some legal experts say could be a more likely path, the new company’s board could decide to alter the lock-up agreement after the deal closes.

Such a decision by the board could open those directors up to legal scrutiny. They would need to show they’re doing it to benefit shareholders.

But if the value of Trump’s brand is key to the company’s success, and if easing the lock-up agreements could preserve that brand, it could make for a case that would at least spare board members’ lawyers from getting laughed out of court immediately.

by Anonymousreply 430March 22, 2024 3:22 PM

The judgment will be postponed until Trump has the money, if the reports of what he will get for Truth Social are true. You know it will happen.

by Anonymousreply 431March 22, 2024 3:29 PM

He’s now claiming he has the cash, but intends to spend it on his campaign. No doubt he’s thinking “election interference” is going to save him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432March 22, 2024 3:30 PM

I like people who can get bond.

by Anonymousreply 433March 22, 2024 3:31 PM

R170 I’ve watched that scene probably 50 times. Karen Hill is my spirit animal.

by Anonymousreply 434March 22, 2024 3:40 PM

R432, that is the move of a seasoned huckster. He can now explain why he couldn't post the bond without looking like a total failure, and his followers can feel good about sending him more money because they can pretend that he's spending his own cash as well.

by Anonymousreply 435March 22, 2024 3:46 PM

This windfall is highly speculative and I don’t see even a minimally savvy businessperson putting their own profits at stake for this clown’s shell game.

by Anonymousreply 436March 22, 2024 3:50 PM

It's cute that his shopping-mall lawyers got caught trying to forge incorporation documents in real time.

"Uhhh, the Trump Organization isn't actually headquartered in New York. It's all in Florida. See? Right here, on top of the White Out? Yeah, that's the ticket!"

by Anonymousreply 437March 22, 2024 3:53 PM

I had no idea Florida was as bad as some of you are describing. A doctor not wanting Black patients sounds straight out of Jim Crow.

by Anonymousreply 438March 22, 2024 4:03 PM

He'll continue to weasel out of things. Focus on the vote!

by Anonymousreply 439March 22, 2024 4:05 PM

George Conway thinks he may be referring to the SPAC deal when he says he has the money.

by Anonymousreply 440March 22, 2024 4:07 PM

Buck never would have been in financial distress.

by Anonymousreply 441March 22, 2024 4:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442March 22, 2024 4:09 PM

r438, right before Trump was elected, my chiropractor for some strange reason, decided to tell me his views about how he doesn't believe in racial profiling. I stopped going to him immediately, which sucked, because he was pretty good and in my network.

by Anonymousreply 443March 22, 2024 4:09 PM

R438, Florida is actually six different states: The Everglades; Greater Miami; Old Rich Cunts; White Trash; St. Augustine: and the Keys.

by Anonymousreply 444March 22, 2024 4:12 PM

What about Orlando?

by Anonymousreply 445March 22, 2024 4:13 PM

R445, now a suburb of White Trash.

by Anonymousreply 446March 22, 2024 4:15 PM

For some reason tons of fundie type Christians are into chiropractics and go to school for that. I remember some Fundie Mormon offshoot family made money by a chiropractic clinic in their home before they went rogue and started killing people.

I quit one years ago because of the creeping proselytizing he started plus I heard they fired a very young receptionist for having a Cosmo at work. Gasp! Also, he stressed that his kids Tai Kwan Do classes were based on xtian principles. I rolled my eyes and never went back.

by Anonymousreply 447March 22, 2024 4:20 PM

r447, what was even more odd, he was Armenian, but then my Turkish friends either voted for Trump or abstained from voting, because they believed that Hiliary was involved with some nefarious dealings with Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 448March 22, 2024 4:28 PM

[quote] BREAKING NEWS Donald Trump’s social media company merged with a cash-rich shell corporation, a move that raises his wealth by billions.

NOOOO!! Just as I was enjoying seeing this evil fucker flounder.

There truly is no justice in the world.

by Anonymousreply 449March 22, 2024 4:33 PM

Controlling interest in a social media company is not cash in pocket. If his business track record is any indication it’ll die after he’s bled it for whatever he can , and the carcass will be unloaded to Rumble or some other right wing media outlet.

by Anonymousreply 450March 22, 2024 5:03 PM

[quote]I was lucky because we could afford to leave; one of us had taken early retirement and the other worked from home. We bought real estate low and then sold high. We were able to pay to get moved. This isn't a humble brag - it's recognition that not everyone that wants to get out of that hellhole can. Many good people are stuck there.

That would be me, R402. Thanks for thinking of me.

by Anonymousreply 451March 22, 2024 6:07 PM

Found. Did Rusher, Jinah and Jared's Arab buddies come through- with certain reassurances?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452March 22, 2024 6:36 PM

R444

Seven. I know you listed St. Augustine but that place doesn't quite get to the heart of Jacksonville, which is known as South Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 453March 22, 2024 6:50 PM

He hasn't scraped together shit in cash.

by Anonymousreply 454March 22, 2024 6:50 PM

Then he'll have no problem getting a surety bond before Monday, right? And then when his appeal fails, NYS absconds the funds, and the surety companies can duke it out amongst themselves.

by Anonymousreply 455March 22, 2024 6:53 PM

[quote] know you listed St. Augustine but that place doesn't quite get to the heart of Jacksonville, which is known as South Georgia.

Wouldn’t “white trash” cover that?

by Anonymousreply 456March 22, 2024 6:57 PM

R456

You'd think so, and there was plenty of that, but there are a lot of monied Republicans and monied Evangelists with political sway. And a lot of rabid Republicans and Southern Baptists of the professional classes. It's different from white trash.

(And white trash can be dumb and sexy. And these people were not sexy.)

by Anonymousreply 457March 22, 2024 7:06 PM

Florida before 2000 was nothing like it is today. Florida was mostly moderate with some liberals in the south and some conservatives in the north. The Bushes, Trump, and DeSantis have since destroyed the state wholesale.

by Anonymousreply 458March 22, 2024 7:09 PM

Over a million people moved to Florida during the Covid crunch, specifically to get away from vaccine requirements.

That's a million aggressive Mah-Freedumbs lumps of crap.

by Anonymousreply 459March 22, 2024 7:12 PM

Fundraiser on the 6th... get it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460March 22, 2024 7:22 PM

[quote]Then he'll have no problem getting a surety bond before Monday, right? And then when his appeal fails, NYS absconds the funds, and the surety companies can duke it out amongst themselves.

It makes it easier for the state. They'll have the money instead of putting liens on individual properties.

by Anonymousreply 461March 22, 2024 7:24 PM

True, however his whole house of cards might have collapsed if they initiated a fire sale of his leverage properties. This way, he lives to grift another day, with his billionaire illusion dented but still alive.

by Anonymousreply 462March 22, 2024 7:27 PM

Interesting that the Court of Appeals has not ruled on his motion to stay? Don't they close at 5:00.

Hopefully they issue a short order saying:

Motion for Stay denied. Please see Mr. Trump's Truth Social post of today saying he has the full amount to post a bond on Monday. Attorneys for Mr. Trump will be referred for disciplinary proceedings for misleading the court.

by Anonymousreply 463March 22, 2024 7:39 PM

FYI—NY is weird. The case is before the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court (which is the trial court). The Court of Appeals is the highest court in the state.

by Anonymousreply 464March 22, 2024 7:59 PM

This is all just another grift on his MAGA base. He had the money all along but didn't want to put his own money at risk. So he played victim as usual. Now that it's days away from fish or cut bait, the money suddenly appears. The way he is grifting this is to tell his MAGA supporters it was money he was going to spend on his campaign. Ergo, if you donate to him now, rest assured it will not go to his lawyers, it will go to getting him re-elected.

And so the grift continues.

by Anonymousreply 465March 22, 2024 8:28 PM

Truth Social is not worth billions.

by Anonymousreply 466March 22, 2024 10:28 PM

It's basically a cult stock. It earned $4M in 2023, and it lost $53M. That's a net loss of $49M. Not valuable to anybody but the MAGA cult crowd.

by Anonymousreply 467March 22, 2024 11:35 PM

^and those seeking to profit off them and their predictable support for their orange clown.

by Anonymousreply 468March 23, 2024 12:06 AM

His new Truth Social statement clarifies that he meant wealth built over the years more generally when he said he had the cash earlier today. His lawyers must have gone berserk and told him not to imply he has enough cash on hand to post the bond by Monday.

by Anonymousreply 469March 23, 2024 12:10 AM

Wouldn't the AG be able to move a lot faster than he could start realistically seeing a dime of anyone this money?

by Anonymousreply 470March 23, 2024 12:14 AM

Yes, the AG will move first thing on Monday while Trump won't seeing any money from the merger for some time, if ever.

by Anonymousreply 471March 23, 2024 12:23 AM

Leticia: Monday March 25, 9:00am EDT, if the surety bonds isn't in my hands, we start placing the liens.

by Anonymousreply 472March 23, 2024 12:31 AM

His stake in Truth Social is conceptually worth a lot, but that's only if he can sell all shares at a good price. It went down today AFTER the merger, so investors must know it's a scam (or at least are starting to figure that out). The board is people like Kash Patel or Devin Nunes, who are pure Trump ass lickers and will let him do whatever he wants. The two guys who are suing Trump (formerly on the The Apprentice) have a strong case against the Trumps for trying to dilute their stock value with no agreement.

Now I wonder if money issues are going to trip up Trump. Justice Engoran gave MORE powers to the retired judge who is babysitting and monitoring the Trump Company, including how many goes in and out and to/from where.

Also - these lawyers are going to be referred for discipline and sanctions. You can't get away with lying to the court in pleadings, no matter how crazy your client is. Alina Habba is in a lot of trouble. Have faith!

by Anonymousreply 473March 23, 2024 12:41 AM

He is really and truly an imbecile. I am so fucking sick of him, just go away moron.

by Anonymousreply 474March 23, 2024 12:48 AM

[bold]Trump's Truth Social To Go Public Via Merger With DWAC[/bold]

Shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC) on Friday reportedly approved the blank check company’s merger with Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG), the parent company of former President Donald Trump’s social media platform, Truth Social.

TMTG could begin trading under the ticker “DJT,” which stands for Donald J. Trump, as early as next week.

It was a long and winding road to Friday’s vote for the two companies. The merger was first announced in October 2021 and subsequently investigated by regulators, who charged the companies misled investors by failing to disclose the two held merger talks before DWAC went public.

Trump, who is involved in several high-profile court cases and has incurred hundreds of millions of dollars in legal expenses and penalties, is set to own nearly 80 million shares of the company, which as of Thursday's close would have been worth more than $3 billion.

Under the terms of the merger agreement, Trump is required to hold those shares for a six-month lock-up period. But it’s possible he could be relieved of that obligation by the new company’s board.

DWAC shares were up about 10% ahead of the vote on Friday. They tumbled after the approval and traded about 8% lower as of 1:40 p.m. ET.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475March 23, 2024 1:40 AM

MAGA believes the billions from the merger are Trump's Hail Mary to own the libs. They are so stupid.

[quote]Martha Raj: God works In Mysterious ways. The black affirmative attorney general thinks she can get all Trumps money for free. It’s blacks mentality other people money belongs to them for free. Maybe that’s why they are in this situation. Then they blame others for their downfall.

[quote]Brenda Gayle Wilson Few: Yeah, I bet democrats, especially Leticia James and Judge Engoron, are in a state of shock that Trump has beat them once again! Screaming, crying, hysterical democrats being heard all over the world! 🤣 🙌

[quote]Tom Nixon: I can't wait until Monday to see all the liberal tears when he pays the bond for his appeal & they can't say they broke him!!!!!

[quote]Ut Tano: God is in Charge I pray for you Mr. President Trump. You are The Chosen one in such a time as is . May God. Bless you and your family And United State of America

[quote]Brenda Gayle Wilson Few: Hope this great news eats Leticia James and Judge Engoron alive! On their minds night and day, lol. Karma! 🙌

[quote]Ginger Johnson Austin: just bought 100 shares. let’s roll!!

[quote]Lonnie Caldwell: Dear Jesus!!! Please protect our Real President!!!! Protect him from the satanic Democrat party

[quote]Tim Reichhart: Im shareholder and approve this merger and I’m ok for him to get this money asap so he can fight these liberal assholes

[quote]Shane Alviso: C U Next Tuesday #leticiajames !!!🤣🤣🤣

[quote]Stephen JJ Johnson: Big money Don. He wipes his ass with 454 million.

by Anonymousreply 476March 23, 2024 1:58 AM

This is not about the libs, this is the justice department of New York State applying civil penalties to Donald Trump for his years of bank and loan and insurance fraud.

by Anonymousreply 477March 23, 2024 2:03 AM

So it sounds like we'll know what's going on 9am Monday?

by Anonymousreply 478March 23, 2024 2:07 AM

Stock market advice. Short “DJT".

by Anonymousreply 479March 23, 2024 2:10 AM

Even if he somehow manages to post the expected bond amount, it is to cover the amount for him to appeal the verdict and penalty. Which has a snowball chance in hell. .

by Anonymousreply 480March 23, 2024 2:11 AM

My dream scenario for Monday morning:

Through some miraculous pulling of strings Dondon finds cash for the full bond this weekend, posts the bond 9am Monday morning.

Bond posted is $0.73 short.

Tish James starts seizing assets.

by Anonymousreply 481March 23, 2024 2:14 AM

[italic]Under the terms of the merger agreement, Trump is required to hold those shares for a six-month lock-up period. But it’s possible he could be relieved of that obligation by the new company’s board.

Say the board votes that he can sell. (Also capital gains tax?? Wasn’t he gifted this stock in return for letting them use his name?) He dumps his stock because the court doesn’t accept stocks as collateral, doesn’t that drive down the share cost?

by Anonymousreply 482March 23, 2024 9:38 AM

^ well, messed up that formatting

by Anonymousreply 483March 23, 2024 9:39 AM

[bold]Trump’s social media company approved to go public, potentially netting former president billions[/bold]

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump is returning to the stock market, and the former president stands to reap a sizeable payout in the process.

Shareholders of Digital World Acquisition Corp., a publicly traded shell company, approved a deal to merge with the Trump’s media business in a Friday vote. That means Trump Media & Technology Group, whose flagship product is social networking site Truth Social, will soon begin trading on the Nasdaq stock market.

Trump is set to own most of the combined company — or nearly 79 million shares. Multiply that by Digital World’s closing stock price Friday of $36.94, and the total value of his stake could be nearly $3 billion.

The greenlight arrives at a time the presumptive Republican presidential nominee is facing his most costly legal battle to date: a $454 million judgment in a fraud lawsuit.

But Trump won’t be able to cash out the deal’s windfall immediately, unless the company’s board makes changes to a “lock-up” provision that prevents company insiders from selling newly issued shares for six months.

Trump’s presidential campaign did not immediately respond to request for comment.

When a publicly traded shell company agrees to buy a private company, the target company takes its place on a stock exchange once the combination is approved by shareholders. If recent activity in Digital World’s stock is any indication, shareholders of Trump Media could be in for a bumpy ride.

Many of Digital World’s investors are small-time investors who are either fans of Trump or trying to cash in on the mania, instead of big institutional and professional investors. Those shareholders helped the stock more than double this year in anticipation of the merger going through. But on Friday, the shares lost almost 14%...

Trump Media lost $49 million in the first nine months of last year, when it brought in just $3.4 million in revenue and had to pay $37.7 million in interest expenses.

DWA’s shareholders also voted Friday to approve a slate of seven people, including the former president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., to hold seats on Trump Media’s board. Among the others are former Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, who would also be the company’s CEO; Robert Lighthizer, who served as Trump’s U.S. trade representative; Linda McMahon, who ran the Small Business Administration under Trump; and, Kashyap “Kash” Patel, a White House national security aide during the Trump administration...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484March 23, 2024 9:59 AM

From Investopedia:

[quote]It should be noted that lock-up periods are not mandated by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission or any other regulatory body. Rather, lock-up periods are either self-imposed by the company going public, or they are required by the investment bank underwriting the IPO request. In either case, the goal is the same: to keep stock prices soaring after a company goes public.

I thought lock-up periods were required by the SEC but apparently not and since he "owns" the board Trump will start cashing out the minute the stock is available on the market.

by Anonymousreply 485March 23, 2024 10:05 AM

"Stephen JJ Johnson: Big money Don. He wipes his ass with 454 million."

No, Stephen- that's actually 1/5 of his net worth:

"Forbes has estimated his wealth for decades and estimates it at $2.6 billion as of 2024, with Trump making much higher claims."

by Anonymousreply 486March 23, 2024 10:19 AM

[quote]MAGA believes the billions from the merger are Trump's Hail Mary to own the libs. They are so stupid.

It's actually painful to read those comments and be confronted with the fact that such irretrievably idiotic people live among us.

by Anonymousreply 487March 23, 2024 12:12 PM

Keep flapping that mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488March 23, 2024 12:48 PM

R488 trash mouth. Dump couldn’t be any uglier.

by Anonymousreply 489March 23, 2024 12:53 PM

R487

And they vote. That's what's most painful.

by Anonymousreply 490March 23, 2024 12:55 PM

R490, I was just about to post the same thing!

by Anonymousreply 491March 23, 2024 12:57 PM

This now publicly trade company seems like a huge money laundering scam for all the worst people. Yes we will have the dumb MAGAts and hedge fund guys who love Trump and never met a scam they didn't like, but there will also be "foreign investors" and it will enable him to maintain his public persona and possibly survive all this legal bullshit and I just wish we had laws or requirements to nail his ass once and for all, because he keeps squirming out of things. It is my belief that Trump knows a lot of secrets his Russian Oligarch buddies would rather not go public. So they keep investing in him. Putin likes him. Another reason to stay on his good side. But at some point he has to become a huge inconvenience. I hope that time comes very soon.

by Anonymousreply 492March 23, 2024 1:03 PM

The MAGAts are attracted to scams like flies to horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 493March 23, 2024 1:03 PM

R490 And some of them even get elected into our government - local, state and federal - and make laws. That's the scariest part of all.

by Anonymousreply 494March 23, 2024 2:23 PM

I would SO love to see Doug Jones become our Attorney General and make public corruption a priority. (Why him? Because Doug Jones doesn't give a fuck, that's why.) If we can PLEASE get out here and get both houses of Congress, and make serious progress in the state legislatures, we have a real shot of getting back on track and setting things right. But Merrick Garland has to go, and I sincerely hope he announces his resignation very soon. BEcause there is always turnover when its re election time. I swear I will throw him a party. That little fucker.

by Anonymousreply 495March 23, 2024 2:28 PM

Yeah, we're fucked.

(Though, don't tell anyone, but the wind [italic]seems[/italic] to be changing direction. Even my cynical self is wondering if the fever may be breaking. And other metaphors...)

by Anonymousreply 496March 23, 2024 2:31 PM

[quote] Under the terms of the merger agreement, Trump is required to hold those shares for a six-month lock-up period. But it’s possible he could be relieved of that obligation by the new company’s board.

After listening to several business and financial reporters, it would appear that the estimates valuing this merger are, unsurprisingly, highly speculative, and any moves by tRump to divest himself of his shares will likely drive down the price of the stock.

by Anonymousreply 497March 23, 2024 2:40 PM

R495 aren't you adorable.

Merrick Garland did not pursue justice because he was following orders. Were Biden to be reelected, he would be reappointed attorney general as his reward.

by Anonymousreply 498March 23, 2024 2:45 PM

Of course, Garland won't be reappointed attorney general because Biden won't be reelected.

If a Democrat is elected President, this will be your Attorney General.

A win for you, I'd say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499March 23, 2024 2:50 PM

Trump will probably be fined several hundred million more dollars in the civil lawsuits by congress members and police over the insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 500March 23, 2024 2:57 PM

[quote]hedge fund guys who love Trump

They bailed out several months ago, taking 3/4 of the money from the SPAC with them. The company currently has about 300 million left.

by Anonymousreply 501March 23, 2024 3:00 PM

Of course Trump will dump any stock immediately and cash out if it helps to keep him afloat. And it'll tank whatever stock value is left in that scam company. He DGAF about anybody else and has no loyalty to anyone. But any investors that get screwed over will just make excuses for him or just say he had to do it because the Deep State is after him.

by Anonymousreply 502March 23, 2024 4:37 PM

Trump looks like a great person for the suckers to invest in. He's so successful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503March 23, 2024 4:52 PM

E. Jean is probably waiting for the merger to $ue him again for defammation.

by Anonymousreply 504March 23, 2024 5:02 PM

FWIW, Donald's campaign people have precisely zero rallies scheduled for the next month.

by Anonymousreply 505March 23, 2024 5:07 PM

Rallies cost money better spent on lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 506March 23, 2024 5:20 PM

That’s the right if it, r492. This is just another money laundering operation. A way for bone saw and Pootz to funnel money to the great orange grifter.

by Anonymousreply 507March 23, 2024 5:21 PM

Does he really need rallies ? Does he really need to campaign ?

Let's face it - he gets FREE 24/7 coverage on all the major media outlets and social platforms. He's ahead of the game.

by Anonymousreply 508March 23, 2024 5:24 PM

[quote]Does he really need rallies ? Does he really need to campaign ?

It strokes his ego.

by Anonymousreply 509March 23, 2024 5:26 PM

Yes, it does but he never a pays for those, either

by Anonymousreply 510March 23, 2024 5:35 PM

[quote]slate of seven people, including the former president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., to hold seats on Trump Media’s board. Among the others are former Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, who would also be the company’s CEO; Robert Lighthizer, who served as Trump’s U.S. trade representative; Linda McMahon, who ran the Small Business Administration under Trump; and, Kashyap “Kash” Patel, a White House national security aide during the Trump administration.

Okay, so they are all Trump lackeys and will vote to allow share dumping now instead of in six months. I imagine every single one of them will be selling immediately. Do they put in sell orders now with their stockbroker, set to go in effect as soon as they vote? Is it instantaneous? Will trading be suspended?

by Anonymousreply 511March 23, 2024 5:53 PM

[quote]Linda McMahon, who ran the Small Business Administration under Trump

Shouldn't this wizened old cunt be focusing on her marriage and her husband's criminality?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512March 23, 2024 6:50 PM

Michael Cohen is saying that this 3 billion dollar worth of Truth Social is just a bunch of Trump bullshit being hyped by his equally full-of-shit buddies like Devin Nunes. It simply doesn't generate the sort of income (or public interest) to warrant such a pie-in-the-sky valuation.

by Anonymousreply 513March 23, 2024 7:15 PM

All will be revealed on Monday. Not long now.

by Anonymousreply 514March 23, 2024 7:17 PM

"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515March 23, 2024 7:27 PM

I thought Trump couldn't even touch his new Stocks (in order to sell for profit) for at least a month. BTW, word is that with the price already tumbling, there's gonna be a rush from long term *investors* to dump their stock and recover some of what they lost.

How much value will the garbage site be worth then, Trump?

by Anonymousreply 516March 23, 2024 7:44 PM

R513 Depressingly that happens too often (thinking of Musk's Tesla or Bitcoin, for example).

by Anonymousreply 517March 23, 2024 9:01 PM

[quote] Michael Cohen is saying that this 3 billion dollar worth of Truth Social is just a bunch of Trump bullshit being hyped by his equally full-of-shit buddies like Devin Nunes. It simply doesn't generate the sort of income (or public interest) to warrant such a pie-in-the-sky valuation.

It’s a public company. The value is real, though the result of some people “investing’ to show their support for their Fuhrer and others seeking to profit off the cult. Like other meme stocks, its value will collapse. The only question is who gets left holding the bag.

by Anonymousreply 518March 23, 2024 9:24 PM

Maybe he's not doing rallies because he's degraded into even more of an incoherent mess than before.

One can hope at least.

by Anonymousreply 519March 23, 2024 9:59 PM

Forget Trump!

Here's my thinking... if you always go for "the help" and force them to spend money to defend themselves then Trump (sooner rather than later) becomes toxic. I mean... how is Alina Habba still walking? You know that Trump is not paying her. He did not and has not paid Guiliani and look where Giuliani is now.

by Anonymousreply 520March 24, 2024 12:13 AM

To be completely fair, Alina Habba is working for the prosecution.

by Anonymousreply 521March 24, 2024 12:17 AM

From what I heard Alina Habba required she get paid for her work beforehand, something like a 80% projected total cost retainer.

by Anonymousreply 522March 24, 2024 1:44 AM

She can require whatever she wants - Trump's going to do what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 523March 24, 2024 1:53 AM

You don't understand what a retainer means, do you?

by Anonymousreply 524March 24, 2024 1:59 AM

[quote]From what I heard Alina Habba required she get paid for her work beforehand, something like a 80% projected total cost retainer.

She'll never get the remaining 20%.

by Anonymousreply 525March 24, 2024 2:01 AM

R524, at least we know R523 has probably never been on trial.

by Anonymousreply 526March 24, 2024 2:01 AM

R525 That's a different story.

by Anonymousreply 527March 24, 2024 2:05 AM

Over thirty years ago, my (identifier redacted) required a paid-up $5,000,000 non-refundable retainer before he started on a particular case.

by Anonymousreply 528March 24, 2024 2:41 AM

Why do I get the feeling this whole merger / money laundering / pyramid scheme is going to blow up into a huge scandal after the dust settles on Monday's news. There is a lot of weird shit going on there that's taking a back seat to the Monday drama coming. Who will get burned, will it tumble into a penny stock and be de-listed from the stock exchange? What skanky Repugs will be outed for being a part of this? Looking at you Justice Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 529March 24, 2024 2:46 AM

Yes R529 but Trump is a chaos machine and today's outrageous events drown out yesterday's, which had eviscerated the day before's. Nobody can keep up.

by Anonymousreply 530March 24, 2024 2:50 AM

"Digital World Acquisition Corp is a blank check company. The Company is formed for the purpose of effecting a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization, or similar business combination with one or more businesses. The Company intends to focus on companies in the healthcare industry in the United States. The Company is not engaged in any business operations and has not generated any revenue."

Mar-a-Lago is a nursing home now?

by Anonymousreply 531March 24, 2024 2:55 AM

r522 You heard incorrectly. Kise demanded (and got) $3 million upfront because he might be a mobster lawyer but he's also smart. Habba did not have the same arrangement because she figured media exposure would more than compensate for possibly not getting paid later on. So you shat on r523 without being properly informed yourself.

by Anonymousreply 532March 24, 2024 2:55 AM

[quote] Why do I get the feeling this whole merger / money laundering / pyramid scheme is going to blow up into a huge scandal after the dust settles on Monday's news. There is a lot of weird shit going on there that's taking a back seat to the Monday drama coming.

There have already been two SEC enforcement actions and a lawsuit and the deal hasn’t even closed. A major investor is the billionaire who owns a chunk of Tik-tok about which Trump just did a 180.

by Anonymousreply 533March 24, 2024 5:03 AM

Alina Habba plead my traffic ticket down to first degree murder!

by Anonymousreply 534March 24, 2024 5:43 AM

[quote]From what I heard Alina Habba required she get paid for her work beforehand, something like a 80% projected total cost retainer.

HA!!! Trump would have never paid that girl 80% upfront even if her billable hours were $1/hr, especially when she didn't have the juice to demand that type of payment arrangement. No one has ever heard of her and her law firm until Trump. That's why she is the perfect candidate to "go after" personally ie law license, charges and fines for violations, etc. Her resources are limited, and she should be ground to pumice. That's why "MAGA" is gaining the traction in meaning "Make Attorneys Get Attorneys".

by Anonymousreply 535March 24, 2024 11:56 AM

[quote]Maybe he's not doing rallies because he's degraded into even more of an incoherent mess than before.

Or, cities (locations) are hip to the fact that Trump will not pay for all the additional security, police, et alia, that these functions require, and will be stiffed.

by Anonymousreply 536March 24, 2024 12:01 PM

Mmph!

Okay, now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 24, 2024 12:20 PM

R535 Trump is no longer able to get so-called qualified high profile attorneys because of stiffing so many of his previous ones, and because of the significant negative professional impact they suffered. Alina Habba was basically one of the very few who were willing to do so, so she was in a better position to obtain a retainer up front.

by Anonymousreply 538March 24, 2024 12:39 PM

"Trump has repeatedly dismissed the idea of pursuing bankruptcy, which would freeze the proceedings for what would likely be an extended period of time.

The reasons, advisers say, cut across personal and political concerns.

Trump has been publicly vocal about the deep scars he carries from bankruptcies decades ago.

“It was an experience that I don’t think I want to go through it again,” Trump said in a 1992 interview with Charlie Rose. “You’re really in a position where I think that if you had to do it again, I’m not sure you could. I went through a period of two years that was truly tough.”

Trump is also cognizant of the potential threat it could pose to his carefully crafted image that sits at the heart of his political salience: that of a billionaire business tycoon.

“No chance,” one adviser said of Trump pursuing bankruptcy. “He’d rather have Letitia James show up and try and seize his properties.”

by Anonymousreply 539March 24, 2024 1:46 PM

R537 - so this dried up old bale of hay is finally aghast at DUMP and the GQP? I guess all the other shit DUMP and the party has done up to now is OK with her then. Got it. Where is Shaky Sue Collins on this turn of events!

by Anonymousreply 540March 24, 2024 1:48 PM

[quote] Where is Shaky Sue Collins on this turn of events?

I think he's learned his lesson.

by Anonymousreply 541March 24, 2024 4:41 PM

Don't Eric and Dumb, Jr. have to post $4M each, plus interest, by tomorrow? I'm surprised they have not already done this since it's due on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 542March 24, 2024 6:24 PM

Trump’s son Eric, a co-defendant in the fraud case, accused Attorney General Letitia James on Sunday of trying to bankrupt his father with the judgment.

“They’re trying to deprive him of his cash, they want to bankrupt him, they want to hurt him so badly,” Eric Trump told Fox News in an interview.

“And it’s going to backfire, because he’s going to win this in November, and everybody in this country universally knows exactly what these people are doing,” Eric said.

Eric also said, “No one’s ever seen a bond this size.”

“Every single person when I came to them saying ‘Hey, can I get a half-billion dollar bond?’ ... [T]hey were laughing. They were laughing,” Eric said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543March 24, 2024 6:50 PM

Here is the full Eric Trump interview with Maria Toomuchplasticsurgery:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544March 24, 2024 7:09 PM

^ Boobies McPuffylips

by Anonymousreply 545March 24, 2024 7:12 PM

I remember when Maria B was called 'the money honey' when she worked for another network, and was very attractive when she gave the economic reports. When did she morph into 'the rabbi's wife' and speak as though her dentures don't fit properly ?

by Anonymousreply 546March 24, 2024 7:20 PM

[quote] They’re trying to deprive him of his cash,

Who says Eric Trump isn’t smart?

by Anonymousreply 547March 24, 2024 7:36 PM

[quote] No one’s ever seen a bond this size.

Lies. There are several mentioned in the OAG’s reply papers.

by Anonymousreply 548March 24, 2024 7:37 PM

[quote] Every single person when I came to them saying ‘Hey, can I get a half-billion dollar bond?’ ... [T]hey were laughing. They were laughing,” Eric said.

They wouldn’t be laughing if they thought you were good for it. They’d be salivating. Easiest $20 million they’ve ever make.

by Anonymousreply 549March 24, 2024 7:40 PM

Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine.

by Anonymousreply 550March 24, 2024 7:46 PM

A news source reported this weekend that if Letitia James goes after Bedminster, then she can do whatever she wants with Ivana's grave. She could offer it to the family to move it elsewhere (what they said she probably would do), or she could move it somewhere - her choosing. (Or the Trumps could have moved it before Monday).

by Anonymousreply 551March 24, 2024 7:51 PM

Or possibly dug up and opened? Macabre, but why was a cremation container so heavy?

Maybe it was lined with lead.

by Anonymousreply 552March 24, 2024 8:30 PM

Deprive him of what cash, Eric? I thought he said he didn’t have any…

by Anonymousreply 553March 24, 2024 8:38 PM

The Eric Trump interview ended with this, which ( for some reason) was never reported:

[quote]It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

by Anonymousreply 554March 24, 2024 8:41 PM

[quote] remember when Maria B was called 'the money honey' when she worked for another network, and was very attractive when she gave the economic reports. When did she morph into 'the rabbi's wife' and speak as though her dentures don't fit properly ?

I don’t think she was ever actually attractive. She was young, female and on the floor of the NYSE. That was enough to be called the “Money Honey.”

by Anonymousreply 555March 24, 2024 8:53 PM

[quote]She was young, female and on the floor of the NYSE.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 556March 24, 2024 9:12 PM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557March 24, 2024 9:14 PM

You really trust Trump to move Ivana's coffin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558March 24, 2024 9:15 PM

Does anyone know what time they are due in court tomorrow to hand over the Money ? I want to see it on TV.

by Anonymousreply 559March 24, 2024 11:05 PM

I can’t take my eyes off the maharincess in front of Maria in that pic at r557. Totally steals the scene.

by Anonymousreply 560March 24, 2024 11:44 PM

So I just had a discussion with a friend, who said Dump will declare bankruptcy rather than pay. This will delay things at the least. He will then tell his followers (who believe everything he says) that he has the money but doesn’t want to use it.

I believe he will pay the money for the bond and complain the whole fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 561March 24, 2024 11:46 PM

I think he’d rather see one of his golf courses get repossessed than declare bankruptcy for a seventh time in his life. That would be more humiliating to try to run away from.

by Anonymousreply 562March 24, 2024 11:52 PM

Read somewhere that this would be “personal bankruptcy “ and the previous ones were “business” ones.

by Anonymousreply 563March 25, 2024 12:53 AM

The problem with bankruptcy is it would entail a public dissection of his finances. Every asset, every liability a matter of public record. He can’t abide that.

by Anonymousreply 564March 25, 2024 1:25 AM

[quote]'Don Poorleone': Trump nickname trends on social media as ex-president faces bond deadline

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565March 25, 2024 1:28 AM

[quote]Read somewhere that this would be “personal bankruptcy “ and the previous ones were “business” ones.

Someone cue Rosie O'Donnell. Please make sure that she will be ready to comment tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 566March 25, 2024 1:35 AM

R557, that went right over your head, didn't it?

by Anonymousreply 567March 25, 2024 2:01 AM

[quote]So I just had a discussion with a friend, who said Dump will declare bankruptcy rather than pay.

Not familiar with bankruptcy law but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

It's common knowledge that people and companies can't discharge fines based on fraud in bankruptcy court.

by Anonymousreply 568March 25, 2024 2:13 PM

Too little, too late. He didn’t ask anyone.

This is how the wealthy and captains of industry decommission him. There’s a plan for him to exit.

by Anonymousreply 569March 25, 2024 2:30 PM

I really hope you’re right r569. At this point, I just want him out. I don’t care how.

by Anonymousreply 570March 25, 2024 2:32 PM

CNN now talking about forcing Trump to quickly sell Mar-a-lago for its valuation of $240M to cover a bond so he can appeal a decision accusing him of…overstating the value of Mar-a-lago because it’s only worth $18M?

by Anonymousreply 571March 25, 2024 2:51 PM

$18 million was the town’s assessment of the property for purposes of real estate taxes. Everyone knows those assessments are not a reflection of actual market value. Trump valued MAL at over a billion dollars.

by Anonymousreply 572March 25, 2024 3:11 PM

Deadline extended10 days and cut to $175mm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573March 25, 2024 3:35 PM

well fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574March 25, 2024 3:38 PM

The order from the New York appeals court Monday means that former President Donald Trump and his sons can still run a business in New York and obtain loans from New York financial institutions for the moment.

The appeals court's order gives Trump 10 more days to post his bond to satisfy the civil fraud judgement and cut the amount necessary to $175 million.

Judge Arthur Engoron's court-ordered monitor and the appointment of a compliance director for Trump's company will remain in place, however.

by Anonymousreply 575March 25, 2024 3:39 PM

Because...of course.

by Anonymousreply 576March 25, 2024 3:40 PM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577March 25, 2024 3:42 PM

Jesus Christ.

I've had it. I don't even want to know what their reasoning is.

Whatever respect I had for courts, lawyers, and the justice system is depleted. This is beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 578March 25, 2024 3:44 PM

Must be nice.

by Anonymousreply 579March 25, 2024 3:45 PM

And I'm positive we would all get the exact same treatment from the judicial system if were in this mess as private citizens. Right ?

by Anonymousreply 580March 25, 2024 4:05 PM

“If they can’t do it to me, they can still do it to you.” Trump’s real campaign message

by Anonymousreply 581March 25, 2024 4:08 PM

I certainly hope that from now on, any time done scumbag gets pinched, they plead for more time because the courts let this epic piece of lying shit get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 582March 25, 2024 5:18 PM

Ugh, his neck vagina is really jiggling today while he's whining to reporters. Gross!

by Anonymousreply 583March 25, 2024 5:22 PM

Yes he got a temporary reprieve on the bond.

But they didn't unblock the restrictions on him borrowing money in NYS.

He'll still go through hell attempting to cough up the $175 million.

by Anonymousreply 584March 25, 2024 5:24 PM

I read that he can continue doing business in NY another 10 days.

by Anonymousreply 585March 25, 2024 5:25 PM

I fucking hate him so much.

by Anonymousreply 586March 25, 2024 5:25 PM

Of course, he blames Joe for everything.

by Anonymousreply 587March 25, 2024 5:28 PM

[quote]I read that he can continue doing business in NY another 10 days.

I have my doubts this is true. Can you find a news link?

by Anonymousreply 588March 25, 2024 5:30 PM

This is election interference!!!!

by Anonymousreply 589March 25, 2024 5:30 PM

Read the LAST SENTENCE, R588. Grim truth. Trump keeps winning.

The trial judge, Arthur F. Engoron, found Mr. Trump liable for conspiring to inflate his net worth to reap favorable loans from banks and other financial benefits. The $454 million reflected the interest payments Mr. Trump saved by misleading his lenders, as well as profits from the recent sale of two properties.

Justice Engoron did not stop there. He also imposed several restrictions on Mr. Trump and his family business. For three years, Mr. Trump cannot run any New York company, including portions of his own, nor can he obtain a loan from a New York bank. The same restrictions apply to his adult sons for two years. And he extended the appointment of an independent monitor, a watchful outsider to keep an eye on the family business.

In a surprise move, the appeals court on Monday also paused most of those new restrictions, save for the monitor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590March 25, 2024 5:34 PM

Why is the New York Appeals Court conducting a K-Mart mark down on bond 66%?

by Anonymousreply 591March 25, 2024 5:47 PM

This is likely so that Trump and team cannot complain that he was treated unfairly (IE: Wasn't treated as a special rich snowflake like he's accustomed to being treated) to keep the hillbillies from revolting in Gun Barrel City, Texas.

by Anonymousreply 592March 25, 2024 5:47 PM

The original $350 million was not an arbitrary number. It was calculated based on estimates of how much the total fraud committed was worth.

by Anonymousreply 593March 25, 2024 5:53 PM

He has only a 10 day stay. What's the chance he will be able to cough up the $175 million? What will he have to sell to obtain this? What is Mar-a-Lago truly worth (any guesses?).

The entire amount originally decided will still be sitting there accruing interest, while this winds through appeal. He'll still need to pay up at some point.

by Anonymousreply 594March 25, 2024 6:01 PM

He already had 30 days grace period. Now he gets another 10 days to come up with only $175M instead of $454M?

by Anonymousreply 595March 25, 2024 6:06 PM

Trump - "I don't have no problem testifying." Seize him, grammar police!

by Anonymousreply 596March 25, 2024 6:08 PM

More Trumpian wisdom:

[quote]You can't have an election in the middle of a political season.

Truly one of the great political thinkers of our times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597March 25, 2024 6:19 PM

I hate this. Every fucking time we think he's been nailed at last, that fucker always get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 598March 25, 2024 6:34 PM

I no longer believe it's just luck; I think the men behind the curtain are controlling all this for his benefit.

I have no idea why, but I really think this is the case.

I hope when he wins, he kills all the lawyers first.

by Anonymousreply 599March 25, 2024 6:54 PM

We can continue the conversation on Part 2, which I have started and linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 25, 2024 7:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!