Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump threatens “bloodbath” if he’s not elected

Too far?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2024 11:46 PM

🥱🥱🥱

He wishes.

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2024 12:32 AM

Donald Trump will not be the next President of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2024 12:33 AM

What is he talking about tariffs for? He's the one that did that shit in the first place. I guess his audience doesn't remember.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2024 12:35 AM

His audience is composed of a bunch of brain-dead morons who revel in the blather and drivel that he is spewing at the moment. They do not care if he contradicts himself or reverses his positions. They are cult members and they clap and applaud like trained seals at whatever nonsense he says.

A bloodbath, eh? Good fucking luck, Dump. Despite what some of his lunatic followers think, tRump is not in charge of the military, so his ragtag band of misfits will be in for quite a surprise if they try, once again, to overthrow the government. They weren’t successful in 2021 and they will be even less successful this time.

His cognitive decline is progressing rapidly. His brain — already seriously compromised — will be a sad puddle of orange goo before too long.

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2024 7:13 AM

I thought he'd already threatened a bloodbath if he WAS elected.

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2024 11:58 AM

It's a nice day for a blood election....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2024 12:06 PM

Oh look, another T***[bold]/[/bold]Fascist thread ?

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2024 12:33 PM

At least the media are covering it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2024 12:42 PM

Why don't Ivana and Melania count as immigrants?

Oh, yeah -- they're white.

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2024 1:00 PM

R3 - his moron followers don’t know a tariff from their own assholes.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2024 1:01 PM

[quote] Everyone is commenting on how hateful and belligerent Trump was last night, even for him.

[quote] It’s not a coincidence that the teleprompter malfunctioned.

[quote] That hatefulness and belligerence was the *real* Trump, not the carefully scripted Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2024 2:05 PM

The MAGAs are claiming he was using “bloodbath” metaphorically.

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2024 2:07 PM

Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) says Trump could have been talking about an "economic bloodbath."

Even Republicans who hate him (and Cassidy does) can't resist giving him an out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2024 2:09 PM

No one would even be talking about him if he wasn't running for POTUS. He'd be like Ghouliani, just in the news when there was a court date or settlement due. Or when they tried to get interviewed by some reichwing outlet ("I did nothing ru-awwng!"). Just tired old losers.

That the Republican party feels he is their best chance doesn't bode well for their future. More Angry Old White Men are dropping dead every day.

I'm hoping abortion and Trump-hate will pull massive numbers of lackadaisical liberals out of their stupor to vote.

by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2024 2:13 PM

One way or another, we're facing a real test as a country.

by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2024 2:16 PM

R13, yes Bill Cassidy does hate tRump, as was clear when he refused to indicate exactly which Repub he was going to vote for. To be fair, when Cassidy raised the alternative interpretation of the bloodbath comment, he was posing it as a possibility, and one that tRump’s handlers had scrambled to use last night when it became apparent that Cheatolini’s statement sounded ominous and deranged. I believe that the bloodbath comment was clearly about the ensuing unrest that could follow a tRump loss. But, Cassidy didn’t seem to be endorsing the economic take on it, so much as he was simply pointing out that it was one of two different explanations.

by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2024 3:25 PM

Helpful. Every risk helps move people toward voting against him or not voting at all.

by Anonymousreply 17March 17, 2024 3:26 PM

Does anyone really ever know what Dump is babbling about for sure? I read the speech. It's incoherent for the most part. He cannot speak eloquently. He's uneducated, has a very limited and childish vocabulary and can't stay focused along with general ignorance of economics and civics. Word salad. I think his cult likes it because they are also uneducated and have lizard brains like him with the same limitations.

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2024 3:41 PM

He’s NOT uneducated. He’s just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19March 17, 2024 3:44 PM

If you go to school and still come out that stupid, you're uneducated. Besides he barely attended college.

by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2024 3:46 PM

Bathe in blood.

by Anonymousreply 21March 17, 2024 4:48 PM

Why did he make his congressional sheep open the borders wide if he didn’t like immigrants?

by Anonymousreply 22March 17, 2024 4:59 PM

He's a lying moron.

by Anonymousreply 23March 17, 2024 5:00 PM

So he can scare his voter sheep and deny Biden an accomplishment

by Anonymousreply 24March 17, 2024 5:01 PM

Open Borders Trump

by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2024 5:08 PM

Trump/Illegal Immigrants ‘24

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2024 5:09 PM

Melon has gone full MAGA

[quote] Elon Musk has replied to Ian Miles Cheong 82 times in the last 30 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 17, 2024 9:31 PM

MAGATs storm the capitol after Trump loses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 17, 2024 10:07 PM

Too far was mentioning the assassination of Hilary during his first campaign. I still can’t wrap my head around that.

by Anonymousreply 29March 17, 2024 10:45 PM

Sounds like he already knows, as anyone who can do math does, that he’s going to lose.

by Anonymousreply 30March 17, 2024 11:01 PM

What he actually said.

“Biden’s policies will create an economic bloodbath for the auto industry and autoworkers,” Trump campaign spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt said.

“Crooked Joe Biden and his campaign are engaging in deceptively, out-of-context editing that puts Roman Polanski to shame,” Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung told CNN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 17, 2024 11:11 PM

R31, it’s pretty apparent he meant more than just the auto industry.

by Anonymousreply 32March 17, 2024 11:16 PM

Here’s what he said:

“We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those guys if I get elected,” Trump said during a rally in Vandalia, Ohio. “Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole – that’s gonna be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That’ll be the least of it.”

by Anonymousreply 33March 17, 2024 11:17 PM

That they enlisted CNN to both-sides this makes me wonder if they're scared it is landing

by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2024 11:18 PM

I wouldn't mind a few thousand magats getting the Ashli Babbitt special.

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2024 11:22 PM

or the Lorena Bobbit treatment, r35.

by Anonymousreply 36March 17, 2024 11:30 PM

That's not what he said. That clip is taken out of context. He is talking about the automobile industry. Here is the full clip. I don't like Trump but let's not spread misinformation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 17, 2024 11:46 PM

[quote] I don't like Trump

...so you link to a rightwing twitter account?

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2024 12:00 AM

No, R37, let’s spread as much misinformation as MAGATS.

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2024 12:04 AM

[quote]I don't like Trump

"I've always voted Democrat but ... "

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2024 12:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2024 12:27 AM

I released the Zelensky tapes... and Nancy was enraged!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 18, 2024 12:46 AM

He means the showers of gold!

by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2024 12:49 AM

I watched it r37, and while he was talking about the auto industry, his wording took it a step further.

by Anonymousreply 44March 18, 2024 12:52 AM

He started out trying to say it would be a bloodbath for the auto industry, but he couldn’t come up with the words “auto industry “ so shifted to say never mind that, it will be a bloodbath for the entire country and what happens to the auto industry “will be the least if it.”

Clearly he was speaking of more than the auto industry.

The quote is not out of context.

by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2024 3:54 AM

I think it’s unclear if he wanted to confine his remarks to the auto industry. Frankly, I don’t think he did, plus I’m not willing to give this moron the benefit of the doubt because he has so much difficulty sticking to any one topic.

And I don’t care if he intended that or not. Not after all the lies and falsehoods that he and his supporters have told, first about Hillary and now about Joe. This two-bit, wanna-be mob boss plays low and dirty and always has. If it is slightly out-of-context, it’s readily believable because of his own prior actions in attempting to mount a coup. 🤷‍♂️ Too bad, Donnie, you clown.

It’s why the Melania / Mercedes flap caught on a few weeks ago. He probably did mean Mercedes Schlapp, but it was also just as easy to believe that he forgot his wife’s name.

by Anonymousreply 46March 18, 2024 8:54 AM

The fact that people believe he means “bloodbath” literally is entirely his fault. Many of his supporters are thugs. They threaten his opponents with death routinely, and he has never said a word against them. He set an armed mob on the Capitol. He routinely dehumanizes his political opponents and immigrants. He has threatened violence. He actually ordered his Defense Secretary to shoot protesters in the streets of Washington.

Whining about the context of the word is pathetic. Look at the entire context of Trumpism, not that his ego-driven rhetoric deserves a name.

by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2024 11:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2024 11:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!