Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

21,461 votes, or, "Good news everyone! You don't have to worry about saving democracy, because it's already dead!"

If the 2020 election had been held using the 2024 electors, it would have taken a mere 21,461 votes in Arizona, Georgia and Wisconsin to flip the election from Joe Biden to Donald Trump.

These three states had the narrowest vote totals and caused the election winner to be declared several weeks after the election. If those three states had flipped to Trump, then the electors would have been tied at 269 a piece and ensured several weeks' worth of amusing innuendo. The House of Representatives would have been required to break tie, and Biden would have been elected because the Democrats won the House. However, if you flipped an additional variable, the election would have been outright won by Trump: Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District, whose one vote went to Biden. Nebraska apportions its five electoral votes with two votes going to the state's winner and one vote going to the winner of each of the state's congressional district. The swing vote in Nebraska 2 was 10,342 votes. So a total of 32,507 votes would have swung the election to Trump without needing the tiebreaker, with 2020 electors. This is just slightly larger than the capacity of Major League Baseball's smallest stadium, St. Petersburg's Tropicana Field.

However, because the electoral college changes this year from the last census, it would only require Arizona, Georgia and Wisconsin to flip to ensure an outright Trump Victory in 2024. 21,461 votes, or, slightly larger than the capacity of Chicago's United Center, the NBA's largest arena and ironically the site of this year's DNC.

It does not matter that Joe Biden received seven million more votes nationally in the general, because elections are not decided that way. Elections are decided by the Electoral College, which is why we had January 6.

21,461 means that, in 2020, [bold]Joe Biden was an exceptionally weak candidate.[/bold]

He knows that.

The headline in the New York Times this morning is "The Big Change Between the 2020 and 2024 Races: Biden Is Unpopular." He would certainly lose reelection to any Republican candidate.

He knows that.

(Continued)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 12, 2024 1:32 PM

On December 5 at a Los Angeles fundraiser, Joe Biden told donors that he may not even be running for President if it wasn't for Donald Trump. It sounded the kind of admission the elderly make aloud instead of in their head. It also sounded like Chekov's gun.

I could not wrap my head around the things that happened this week, why Merrick Garland permitted the start of the January 6 investigation to lag for so long, yet wasted no time in appointing the special council to investigate Biden, which resulted in the damaging report about his memory. Why his staff let him give that angry press conference which damaged him even more.

Why did this happen, and who benefitted? Donald Trump benefitted, of course. But why?

To give Republicans a false sense of security about Donald Trump. This would allow Donald Trump to prevail in the primaries against Nikki Haley, damaging her electability, even though polls show she is widely considered more electable in the general.

I thought Donald Trump was a stalking horse for Nikki Haley. I still do. But so is Joe Biden. Joe Biden is a stalking horse for Gavin Newsom. This was a game of chicken to see who would pull out first. They are waiting for this Tuesday, Super Tuesday, for Trump to overwhelm Haley in the Republican primaries, damaging her even more. The State of the Union is this Thursday. That is when Biden will announce he is dropping out of the race. Or they may wait til March 31 like Lyndon Johnson.

But why would Biden do this? Could he have just not dropped out last summer and allowed Democrats to choose their nominee in the primaries? No one would have questioned an 82 year old President stepping down. No one wants to work at that age. Newsom may have prevailed in primaries, or maybe someone better would. Who benefitted from this?

The donors. Joe Biden is raising ludicrous amounts of money from donors, despite the absurdity of an 82 year old man with plummeting popularity and an even more unpopular vice President getting reelected when a margin of 21,461 votes is all that was needed to have flipped the last election to Trump. If Biden drops out, the donors will get the money returned because only Kamala Harris would be able to use it, and she would never get elected. The donors would simply send the money back to Newsom. Most of Biden's fundraisers are in California. Those donors are Newsom's donors.

The Panera Bread incident from yesterday revealed exactly how donor friendly Gavin Newsom is. This is the type of candidate donors want. Republican, Democrat, doesn't matter.

Gavin Newsom was selected on the basis of what is known about successful Democratic nominees in the age of television - that they need to be charismatic and not too old (the exceptions, Johnson and Biden, were elected under extraordinary circumstances), and if possible, good-looking (Kennedy, Clinton, Obama. Carter was charismatic but only photogenic.) Nominees who did not fit this mode have failed. Despite the high amount of negatives around him, Newsom possesses qualities which make him well suited to running for President in the post-Trump era: the ability to bring attention to himself, and the capability to be both charming and confrontational and vicious. At six foot three and a very physically fit 56, Newsom would dominate any debate against Trump or Nikki Haley. Nikki Haley, while very good looking, may not be able to overcome society's bias towards a dominating man, as the 2016 election proved. Especially a white man.

by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2024 2:12 PM

By executing this scheme, the Democratic donors are in fact saving themselves money. Republicans donors wasted tons of money on unsuccessful primary campaigns this year. Doing it this way is simply more cost effective and efficient.

It also means we are now living an oligarchy. I had always thought the United States would have to eventually capitulate to Parliamentary Democracy due to the present government's dysfunction and abuse of rules meant to ensure checks and balances (the Supreme Court.) But Parliamentary Democracies allow their voters to decide their national leaders at the local level. This is much, much worse.

The spreadsheet will be uploaded upon request.

[italic]Jake Gittes: Why are you doing it? How much better can you eat? What could you buy that you can't already afford?

Noah Cross: The future, Mr. Gittes! The future![/italic] - Chinatown

by Anonymousreply 2March 2, 2024 2:13 PM

There's just no stopping you, is there, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 2, 2024 2:17 PM

But it didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 4March 2, 2024 2:19 PM

R3,

You repeatedly use the same GIF. Consistently. Over and over again. For months.

You are also a hardcore Biden supporter, which means you are likely to have personality traits in line with authoritarianism.

When were you diagnosed with autism?

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2024 2:19 PM

OP is on a warpath, trying to convince everyone that Trump has already won and so there's no use in voting anyway. Which is an interesting use of one's free time.

by Anonymousreply 6March 2, 2024 2:20 PM

R3 In addition,

You are posting the link incorrectly. Links to GIFs from Pinterest won't animate with Datalounge's inline formatting. It needs to be saved to your harddrive, and uploaded to a host with compatible image hosting for a GIF to properly animate within this site's embedded links.

Since you are not that Internet savvy, or you would have realized this, you are older, probably older than 55. You would have rehosted the GIF and saved that link, instead of just bookmarking the link to Pinterest, like an older person would do.

by Anonymousreply 7March 2, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote]You repeatedly use the same GIF. Consistently. Over and over again. For months.

Actually, OP, for *years*. It does the job. Like a Sure, Jan gif. If you want to talk autism/spectrum...look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote]You are posting the link incorrectly

I see OCD is also part of your psychopathy, r7.

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2024 2:30 PM

R6 I don't think Trump has already won. In fact if he is the nominee, he won't win. But he won't lose to Biden. He will lose to Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2024 2:33 PM

well duh it should be fairly obvious I'm the ASD troll. And obsessive compulsive behavior is usually comorbid with high functioning autism, like this:

r3 you need to take this link and bookmark it. Since you are likely on the Spectrum you most likely have an Apple product, and will be using Safari. So you will need to use the command D function to add it to your bookmarks. The command button is the button to the left of your spacebar.

The fact that you have been posting the same GIF for years, along with Sure Jan, is not a surprise for someone on the autism spectrum who leans toward authoritarianism, as lack of creativity is a sign of authoritarian personalities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2024 2:41 PM

Girls, girls, we're all cunts!

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2024 2:44 PM

R9 the correct word is pathology. Even if you intended to associate it with psychopathy, the usage of the word is incorrect since psychopathy could not posses a pathology which it is not associated with. You should have said, “I see OCD is also part of your pathology, in addition to psychopathy.”

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2024 3:08 PM

[quote]you most likely have an Apple product, and will be using Safari

Wrong on both counts, r11.

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2024 3:09 PM

R14 I don’t need to prove it. You don’t need to prove it. As an authoritarian you would be fundamentally dishonest, so if I asked you to prove it you would simply lie.

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2024 3:12 PM

I mean even if I did believe you were honest, which I don’t, the only means to prove it would be to open this page and take a screenshot and upload it to an image server, but given your technology limitations I’m not sure you would be capable of doing that.

Either way, many people own both Apple products and PCs. I do. You would favor the Apple for leisure web usage.

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2024 3:21 PM

NY Times backbending to find “Biden In Trouble” headlines for clicks in the horse race that isn’t a horse race,

by Anonymousreply 17March 2, 2024 3:55 PM

I never used to get overwrought about politics until Trump came along. I wish a switch could be flipped to undo him.

by Anonymousreply 18March 2, 2024 4:03 PM

R17 you’re half right. They aren’t backbending. But this isn’t a horse race. It’s more like a Puerto Rican knife fight.

by Anonymousreply 19March 2, 2024 4:05 PM

I'm picturing a fat, pasty-white closeted unfuckable troll parked at a basement of the Federalist Society headquarters, feverishly churning out "OMG BIDENZ OLDD!!1!" shitposts to social media while furtively masturbating to shirtless pics of Chris Hemsworth.

Am I close, OP?

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2024 9:43 PM

I prefer Liam r20.

Buy are you going to be pissed when you realize what Biden did to ensure a Democratic victory. Betraying his biggest supporters! Oh the beautiful tantrums that will be thrown here! It will make Hillary’s capitulation look like teatime at the Plaza.

by Anonymousreply 21March 3, 2024 10:47 PM

Here it comes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 7, 2024 7:16 PM

This is proof that the electoral college is a mess since Biden had nearly 7 million votes over Dump.

by Anonymousreply 23March 7, 2024 7:25 PM

Well yes the electoral college is terrible. Everyone except Republicans hates it.

But why hasn’t any Democrat done something? For twenty years since Bush V Gore we’ve heard of its evil. Nobody got rid of it, or tried.

by Anonymousreply 24March 8, 2024 11:40 AM

Please FF this OP before blocking him. He’s spreading his feces all over DL and posting only anti-Biden shit. He needs to be red-tagged and/or given the boot.

by Anonymousreply 25March 8, 2024 11:45 AM

Op—doesn’t even understand how the vote in the House works. Each state delegation gets a single vote. Thus it takes 26 votes to elect from the House. Trump would have won that vote.

by Anonymousreply 26March 8, 2024 11:49 AM

The American President made a strong and compelling argument for Americans to vote for him rather than the Huckster from Queens.

Blue tecktonic shift in November.

by Anonymousreply 27March 8, 2024 11:53 AM

That's why Joe should be nominated for Sainthood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 8, 2024 11:59 AM

R26 and THAT was the Sedition in a nutshell. The overthrow of the government by illegal manipulation of the process.

by Anonymousreply 29March 8, 2024 12:24 PM

Trump now leading by 1 point in ave of polls

R28 the difference between actual conservatives and liberals is we find opinions like that depressing

“Well, just act like a dictator! That’ll fix everything!”

Then when Trump does it:

“Hitler has risen from hell!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 8, 2024 12:25 PM

Polls are no longer important.

Actual governance counts.

Plus, Democrats are raking in donor cash, while broke-ass Trump is scrambling all over Hell looking for a cosigner.

by Anonymousreply 31March 8, 2024 12:28 PM

R29 no—that is the process as set out in the Cobstituition. What are you smoking?

by Anonymousreply 32March 8, 2024 12:38 PM

R26 the votes would be up to the state delegations. I don’t feel like looking up the majorities of each state delegations of the 117th Congress, forgive me for not being aware that a tie breaker for the electoral college would require the entire 52 member delegation of California to have an equal say as the sole representative of Wyoming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 8, 2024 12:40 PM

[quote]Polls are no longer important. Actual governance counts. Plus, Democrats are raking in donor cash, while broke-ass Trump is scrambling all over Hell looking for a cosigner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 8, 2024 12:42 PM

Once the Dems start spending their mucho bucks showing tv ads of Dump melting down (we all know he has dementia), the numbers will only get better.

by Anonymousreply 35March 8, 2024 12:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 8, 2024 12:43 PM

The sadness of the post of r35 is that this person has already accepted that wealthy people using media paid for by dark money is the only way to preserve democracy.

Wealthy people do not care for your hopes and dreams, they just want your stem cells.

by Anonymousreply 37March 8, 2024 12:49 PM

R33 sorry, I don’t forgive you for posting incorrect info and then acknowledging that you don’t even know the basic Constitutional process for electing our President. In general—not even accounting for what happened in 2020—this is an expression of your own ignorance…. broadly speaking, this is why we were (are) in a mess. Educate yourself—

by Anonymousreply 38March 8, 2024 1:36 PM

R32, the illegal insurrection causing a delay in the Electoral College tally is how throwing the count to the House IS the Sedition.

Just like fucking up Florida's hanging chads, and by empowering the Supreme Court, resulted in the Sedition of electing W Bush. In order for a Sedition to be put in motion, there has to be some major fuck up that proceeds the opportunistic crime of Sedition.

by Anonymousreply 39March 8, 2024 1:39 PM

R37 it cuts both ways —if dialing for $ will rid us of Trump…I’ll pay that price. Fair trade, at this point in history.

by Anonymousreply 40March 8, 2024 1:40 PM

Don't forget to include in your calculations the missing votes from those extra million deplorable antivaxxers Trump killed during Covid.

by Anonymousreply 41March 8, 2024 1:41 PM

R39 that was not the question posed—get a grip.

And, as you know, it did not happen in 2020. And, as you may know, under the amended Electoral College Reform Act, the chances of it happening are more remote than before.

by Anonymousreply 42March 8, 2024 1:42 PM

Jesus Fucking Christ. The death of democracy in my lifetime. A fucking crying shame. Idiots.

God help us.

by Anonymousreply 43March 8, 2024 1:42 PM

I just blocked OP. Half the thread disappeared. Whoever he was yapping at was already blocked.

by Anonymousreply 44March 8, 2024 1:45 PM

You blocked yourself? ;)

by Anonymousreply 45March 8, 2024 1:46 PM

R44 what a big man you are with your little cursor hitting the yellow button

by Anonymousreply 46March 8, 2024 1:46 PM

Don't have to be a big man to do that, troll. It's pretty easy to block trolls like you.

by Anonymousreply 47March 8, 2024 1:49 PM

Yellow button?

I don't have a yellow button.

I want a yellow button.

How do I get a yellow button?

by Anonymousreply 48March 8, 2024 1:50 PM

Orange!

by Anonymousreply 49March 8, 2024 1:51 PM

R38 let me correct my hypothesis then.

If a House tiebreaker would indeed have resulted in Trump’s election because Republicans would have controlled the majority of the state delegations, then the amount of votes needed to win in 2020 would have been 21,462, as Nebraska 2 would not be needed. And yes you are correct, the Republican composition per state delegation would have ensured a Trump victory by that state breakdown.

Therefore, assuming he is not engaged in subterfuge, Joe Biden’s rationale for running for reelection is based on a victory so small that everyone who would be capable of swinging the 2020 election would be able to sit inside Los Angeles’s soccer stadium with some seats left to spare. As of the 2022 election, which saw Republicans regain the House, Biden would then be gambling that he would maintain that margin of 21,614 people in 2024, when his age of 82 and the unpopularity of Vice President Harris would certainly become issues in the election.

Furthermore, in 2022, the enormous 20 point margin of Ron DeSantis’s reelection in Florida led most people to assume that he would be the Republican nominee. At that point, Biden would have gambled that an 82 year old man would be more appealing than a young, relatively physically attractive Xennial with photogenic wife and young children, and with a Trumpian personality.

Nevertheless, only after the 2022 election did Merrick Garland appoint Jack Smith Special Counsel on November 18. It was not a priority for Garland’s Justice Department until immediately after the 2022 election. Why? For a man who constantly tries to terrify Americans with the thought of another Trump Presidency, he appears to have been an inconvenient issue for him. Unless having Trump as an opponent over DeSantis was seen as beneficial to Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 8, 2024 2:19 PM

R41 Yes I included them but offset them with the antipathy and ambivalence the youth vote has toward Biden.

“No Republican candidate for president has won most voters under the age of 30 since 1988. But a poll by the New York Times and Siena College published on December 19th found Donald Trump leading Mr Biden by 49% to 43% among voters aged 18 to 29. That is a swing in this poll to Mr Trump of ten points since July. According to the Pew Research Centre, in 2020 Mr Biden won that age group by 24 points, 59% to 35%.

The polling has been so dismal for Mr Biden, and also so erratic, and confidence in polling has been so shaken in recent years, that a debate has broken out among political obsessives over whether to trust the numbers. Within national polls, subgroups such as young voters comprise smaller samples and so yield larger margins of error. To control for this, a group called Split Ticket in early December aggregated subgroups across numerous national polls. The results showed Mr Biden leading Mr Trump by a diminished but still substantial margin of 16 points among voters under 30, yet by only three points when young voters were defined as those under 34. That is a sign both that there is static in the numbers, and that the danger to Mr Biden’s re-election is real.”

by Anonymousreply 51March 8, 2024 2:49 PM

Well, in 2000 the election was decided by 500 something votes. Biden will come out on top. It's barely March, regular ppl are into St Patrick's day, lent, March Madness.

by Anonymousreply 52March 8, 2024 2:55 PM

R44, I know, there are giant gaps in this thread. Make sure you FF the troll before you block. He really is off his rocker.

by Anonymousreply 53March 8, 2024 2:58 PM

R53 I ff’d you too. I recognize you. You are the poster who uses MAGAT, Dump and Repuke a lot. You use idiosyncratic language so you likely have autism and you also have an obsession with bodily waste, regurgitation and infection, so you likely have obsessive compulsive disorder. OCD would also be indicated by the fact that you have been keeping the “Treason” thread alive, and in numerical sequence, for 66 iterations.

by Anonymousreply 54March 8, 2024 3:07 PM

R52 regular people are so into Lent right now! You went to Sunday School with Biden didn’t you?

by Anonymousreply 55March 8, 2024 3:09 PM

R53 furthermore the act of policing threads and telling other people what cannot be posted and must be blocked, which you do constantly, shows an irrational fear of infection, as well as the obsession with body waste. You’re a hypochondriac.

by Anonymousreply 56March 8, 2024 3:12 PM

This thread is almost all two autistic trolls arguing or one with multiple socks.

by Anonymousreply 57March 8, 2024 3:36 PM

The premise upon which OP is basing his entire analysis is flawed:

[quote]21,461 means that, in 2020, Joe Biden was an exceptionally weak candidate.

You're imposing demographic shifts on an electorate that has undergone extremely significant changes in behavior that were wildly influenced by the pandemic. When we voted in 2020, the pandemic was raging and people were locked down tighter than a drum. And then the housing market exploded as everyone left cities, shifting suburban and even rural behavior dramatically.

We live in a divided country in which one of the two divisions (the Democrats) see roughly a third of its members (for lack of a better word) not voting on a regular basis. This is not the pattern for Republicans which tend to vote regularly and in lock-step. It's going to come down to a very close race once again (unless the Dems can motivate those who seldom vote to come out). Everyone, myself included, frets over the polls showing it 45-45 with 10 points undecided. Well, there's good news there: the undecideds break for Biden by 2 to 1 and even 3 to 1 in some regions.

At the end of the day, the Democrats need to ask one basic question: are you better off today than you were 4 years ago? And post it next to the pictures of people covered head-to-toe in PPE, others laying in hospital beds, still more coping with uncertainty, graphs of the sudden and completely preventable decline in employment, and then compare them to the same statistics and situations today. Thanks to President Biden's leadership, we haven;t just survived the pandemic, we've thrived with the lowest sustained unemployment since the 1960s, the lowest Black unemployment [italic]ever,[/italic] inflation nipped in the bud thanks to competent leadership at the Fed, crime (and specifically violent crime) is down, wages are up, manufacturing has returned to America, and were on firm footing.

Yes, we have problems to solve, but even there is opportunity. How about this one: we solved abortion 50 years ago and had a working compromise in Roe until Trump overturned it dredging up the same arguments and conflict we thought we'd put behind us. Well, we don't have time to rehash problems of the past because we're faced with crises that approach and are existential. The slogan is simple: give Biden a functioning House and Senate and he'll put 50-year-old conflicts back to bed and take on and solve systemic issues staring us in the face.

by Anonymousreply 58March 8, 2024 4:08 PM

R50 you did not actual correct your faulty hypothesis. 🤷🏻‍♂️You just gave us all more grist for the mill, e.g. that the Veep will be a major issue, etc. IMHO, your analyses are neither on point nor especially interesting in their own right. Others’ mileage may vary, as always.

by Anonymousreply 59March 8, 2024 4:17 PM

Is OP a stupid Russian cunt bot? If so, it's pretty lame.

by Anonymousreply 60March 8, 2024 4:32 PM

[quote] You're imposing demographic shifts on an electorate that has undergone extremely significant changes in behavior that were wildly influenced by the pandemic.

Except the demographic changes for those three states would not be significant in a direction that favors Democrats. Population growth to the sunbelt is leading to those states becoming increasingly conservative. For example, 90,000 New Yorkers resettled in Florida, but Florida is becoming increasingly conservative and has not been a swing state since 2012. The reason? Retirement and seniors being the most conservative of all voting blocks. Population growth in Arizona would therefore favor a conservative trend. Conservatism is also becoming more pronounced among Mexican Americans who comprise a significant portion of Arizona voters.

As for Georgia, Brian Kemp was handily reelected in 2022 and expanded his victory over Stacey Abrams to 54.5/46 from 50/49.

Where do Democrats replenish their voters in these swing states?

Youth and occasional voters. But look at Georgia. How could the gulf widen in four years?

Ambivalence for the rematch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 8, 2024 4:54 PM

R60 cahnttt bawttt

by Anonymousreply 62March 8, 2024 4:55 PM

Yellow button?

I don't have a yellow button.

I want a yellow button.

How do I get a yellow button?

by Anonymousreply 63March 8, 2024 5:28 PM

“The sad part of it is, Mitch McConnell knows full well that the president was guilty of a crime on Jan. 6. So for him to know how bad the president’s predecessor was on all of this, and then come to the conclusion that he would endorse him when we thought he was going to convict him — the word was, he was close to conviction, and now he’s endorsing — it’s really very, very sad.”

by Anonymousreply 64March 8, 2024 5:45 PM

Well perhaps Merrick Garland shouldn’t have waited until November 18, 2022 to assign the special counsel.

by Anonymousreply 65March 8, 2024 6:01 PM

[quote] At the end of the day, the Democrats need to ask one basic question: are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?

Is it possible that you don’t realize that people will answer that question in terms of inflation, and not the other factors? It’s the question you don’t want voters to be asked.

by Anonymousreply 66March 8, 2024 6:06 PM

I hope that President Biden, in his second term, replaces Garland with Sally Yates.

Sally Yates, whom Trump fired because she would not conform to his criminality.

THAT is who we need as the next Attorney General of the US!

Assistant U.S. Attorney, Deputy Attorney General of the United States, Acting Attorney General SALLY YATES!

by Anonymousreply 67March 8, 2024 6:42 PM

r66, As opposed to remembering the million Americans who were dying of Covid and stacked like corpseicles in temporary freezers?

by Anonymousreply 68March 8, 2024 6:44 PM

If every eligible American who leaned left, liberal, Democratic, etc. would vote... we'd win every election. They just don't.

by Anonymousreply 69March 8, 2024 6:50 PM

R67 and yet he did not. When the opportunity presented itself, he chose not to give attorney general to a qualified woman, but to a conservative white male judge who by the nature of the role would not especially be suitable as attorney general.

Very few people I think, other than an old white man, would be given the benefit of the doubt that he would do things correctly on his second attempt, after so monumentally screwing up that he has unleashed Trump onto the country again.

Some of you would vote for the EPA from Ghostbusters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 8, 2024 6:51 PM

r69, or if every debilitated Republican, who could not vote for Biden, stayed home, we LANDSLIDE.

by Anonymousreply 71March 8, 2024 6:56 PM

r70, Biden appointing Garland for AG kept Trump and McConnell's Supreme Court corruption front and center.

It was brilliant.

Keeping Trumps corruption and criminality AND ALL OF HIS CONSPIRATORS front and center for the Second Biden Administration by nominating Assistant U.S. Attorney, Deputy Attorney General of the United States, and Acting Attorney General SALLY YATES(!), ushers in President Harris.

It would be brilliant, and she would fly through confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 72March 8, 2024 7:02 PM

R68 unfortunately, yes..more than them. That’s America at this moment in time.

by Anonymousreply 73March 8, 2024 7:08 PM

When the opportunity presented itself, he chose not to give attorney general to a qualified woman, but to a conservative white male judge who by the nature of the role would not especially be suitable as attorney general.

...what a strange lens you look through. That wasn’t it, at all.

by Anonymousreply 74March 8, 2024 7:10 PM

[quote]When the opportunity presented itself, he chose not to give attorney general to a qualified woman, but to a conservative white male judge who by the nature of the role would not especially be suitable as attorney general.

He used the same political logic that got him elected. It was pragmatic to get an old white, skilled man into a position to contrast with all the corrupt Trump old white male AGs, appointed or acting. People trust old white men.

When the opportunity is presented to appoint an aggressive, qualified woman, we shall see if it is Sally Yates.

Trump appointed to the DoJ: Jeff Sessions, William Barr, Sally Yates, Dana Boente, Rod Rosenstein, Matthew Whitaker (remember him, the toilet guy!), and the defective list goes on and on. The only two who were subsequently fired by Trump were Sally Yates and Preet Bharara.

Either one would be a good AG to prosecute the Sedition and Trump's Republicans in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 75March 8, 2024 7:34 PM

[quote] Biden appointing Garland for AG kept Trump and McConnell's Supreme Court corruption front and center.

…how? Mitch McConnell served an additional eight years as Senate Republican leader. He saw no repercussions.

Merrick Garland was unwisely used as bait by Obama to tempt McConnell into accepting a centrist Republican nominee from him or risk a liberal nominee from Hillary Clinton. McConnell gambled wisely and now women have no rights to their bodies. But he did not break any laws; merely decorum. Trump doesn’t even figure into this at all. He merely chose the selected jurist upon entering office.

This only happened because the husk of Ruth Bader Ginsberg was implored by Obama to retire for the good of the nation, and she refused. Sound like a comparison you want to make?

Merrick Garland was rewarded with a position he was not suited for because Biden sympathized with a longtime Washington apparatchik, an older white man, who was not getting his dues. Garland did not appoint a special counsel until after the 2022 midterms, which would certainly ensure that, with Trump’s Supreme Court likely to interfere, any trial for Trump would not happen until after this year’s election. At best, it was an incredibly naive and foolhardy strategy.

by Anonymousreply 76March 8, 2024 7:39 PM

[quote]People trust old white men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 8, 2024 7:43 PM

……..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 8, 2024 7:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 8, 2024 7:45 PM

I believe that Nominating Garland, the Obama nominee that was corruptly kept off of the SCOTUS, for AG, was a daily reminder of Trump/McConnell corruption. When McConnell rammed Amy Barrett through, Garland was silent testimony to the corrupt SCOTUS.

Nobody had to ask, who was the guy that McConnell screwed out of a seat on the SCOTUS when he is corruptly changing policy for Trump to appoint Amy Barrett? He was to be up front and center: AG Garland. Garland is the personification of McConnell policy corruption in action.

by Anonymousreply 80March 8, 2024 7:46 PM

…… .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 8, 2024 7:47 PM

r77, If Wisconsin Democrats had nominated some old white liberal Democrat instead of Mandela Barnes, Moscow Ron would not have been reelected. Old white men, mirror the entire Republican Party and tend to minimize gerrymandering.

People in swingy districts during swingy times find comfort in old white men.

by Anonymousreply 82March 8, 2024 7:50 PM

[quote] You are also a hardcore Biden supporter, which means you are likely to have personality traits in line with authoritarianism.

Yes because supporting your party’s incumbent president is a clear sign of autism.

by Anonymousreply 83March 8, 2024 7:50 PM

….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 8, 2024 7:51 PM

^^^ authoritarianism

by Anonymousreply 85March 8, 2024 7:51 PM

Zzzx

by Anonymousreply 86March 8, 2024 7:51 PM

This year, I hope every Republican Senator up for reelection has an old white Democratic WOMAN as an opponent.

We see you Marsha Blackburn and we are following the formula.

r82

by Anonymousreply 87March 8, 2024 7:52 PM

……..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 8, 2024 7:53 PM

Do any of you folks get the concept of realpolitik? Don’t they teach that idea any more in history or civics class?

by Anonymousreply 89March 8, 2024 7:56 PM

[quote] [R77], If Wisconsin Democrats had nominated some old white liberal Democrat instead of Mandela Barnes, Moscow Ron would not have been reelected.

Your hood is showing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 8, 2024 7:57 PM

r84, so funny, he looks like Moses Mike.

by Anonymousreply 91March 8, 2024 7:58 PM

[quote] Do any of you folks get the concept of realpolitik?

Yes. This thread is about it.

What are we failing to understand?

by Anonymousreply 92March 8, 2024 8:00 PM

Wait...some troll is accusing Biden of authoritarianism when Plumpy guzzles Pootie's cum and aspires to be just like him?

As Buckwheat would say "oh tay".

by Anonymousreply 93March 8, 2024 8:16 PM

Too, too much 92.

by Anonymousreply 94March 8, 2024 8:45 PM

Plumpy Guzzles

Pootie’s Cum

Would Say Oh Tay

R93, when you look in the mirror, how closely do you resemble this man?

Tell me honestly, do you talk like this in real life?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 8, 2024 8:49 PM

R93 how familiar are you with Lewis Carroll?

The patter of your thought-speech is very similar to jabberwocky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 8, 2024 8:54 PM

Good lord, did our resident troll say that, r83? I didn’t see it because I’ve blocked him, but sure, the authoritarian is the guy who didn’t foment an insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 97March 8, 2024 9:09 PM

Supporting your party’s incumbent is not being an authoritarian

Besides there is a difference between political authoritarianism and the authoritarian personality type (hardline Bideners)

These are signs of an authoritarian personality:

Blind allegiance to conventional beliefs about right and wrong

Respect for submission to acknowledged authority

Belief in aggression toward those who do not subscribe to conventional thinking, or who are different

A negative view of people in general - i.e. the belief that people would all lie, cheat or steal if given the opportunity

A need for strong leadership which displays uncompromising power

A belief in simple answers and polemics - i.e. The media controls us all or The source of all our problems is the loss of morals these days.

Resistance to creative, dangerous ideas. A black and white worldview.

A tendency to project one's own feelings of inadequacy, rage and fear onto a scapegoated group

A preoccupation with violence and sex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 8, 2024 9:20 PM

These threads are a very elaborate ruse by Defacto to crowbar Democratic support from Biden.

by Anonymousreply 99March 8, 2024 9:39 PM

Hmmm.

Instead of focusing on the two candidates, let’s think about the two parties. One party has gone all in on conspiracy theories, lacks faith in the democratic process and gets its support from folks ready and willing to ignore their own fundamental moral and ethical beliefs in order to secure power and victory—and, or, to fuck over the entire system (and the country)…just, because. In essence, that is the party platform. The other party and its supporters does not buy into any of that shit.

So, setting aside the particular personalities (since they’ll all be dead inside of a decade), what ARE you willing stand up for?!

by Anonymousreply 100March 8, 2024 9:40 PM

No one is going to take support away from Biden here.

by Anonymousreply 101March 8, 2024 9:42 PM

[quote] folks ready and willing to ignore their own fundamental moral and ethical beliefs in order to secure power and victory

That certainly describes people who embraced Liz Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 102March 8, 2024 9:51 PM

That’s a bizzare reply —okaayy^

Ate you well?

by Anonymousreply 103March 8, 2024 9:58 PM

[quote] No one is going to take support away from Biden here.

I have a family member with whom it is impossible to discuss politics. One reason is that she gets emotional about it like people on DL do and can’t discuss it calmly and rationally. The other reason is that she treats any presentation of views that differ from hers as being somehow an attempt to change her views. That is so incredibly bizarre to me. Two people with different views should be able to share their views with each other with no thought that one is trying to change the other person’s views. She’ll shout out, “You can’t change my mind!” and I’m like, WTF are you talking about.

I’ve asked her why can’t there be two people just sharing their views. Her response was that there’s no point in discussing politics unless you’re trying to get people to see things your way. That’s another bizarre thought.

Do people on DL who hate seeing views other than their own also feel like the family member I’m describing?

by Anonymousreply 104March 8, 2024 10:02 PM

[quote] That’s a bizzare reply —okaayy^ Ate you well?

I see you have started your weekend by hitting the sauce early, eh?

by Anonymousreply 105March 8, 2024 10:07 PM

Sorry r104 I can’t see you because I blocked you. You said Audra McDonald gave the best performance at the Sondheim birthday concert 13 years ago.

You are WRONG and must be punished.

by Anonymousreply 106March 8, 2024 10:10 PM

Whoever this troll is it's like the recipe it. Posting one post after another. On and on and on and on. Meth?

by Anonymousreply 107March 8, 2024 10:43 PM

[quote] You said Audra McDonald gave the best performance at the Sondheim birthday concert 13 years ago.

I don’t think I knew who she was until The Sound of Music Live.

by Anonymousreply 108March 8, 2024 10:49 PM

Every accusation is a confession, R98.

by Anonymousreply 109March 9, 2024 4:01 PM

[quote]These threads are a very elaborate ruse by Defacto to crowbar Democratic support from Biden.

No, these threads are very subtle chipping away at the concepts that there are differences between the democracy loving Democrats and the Tax Hating Capitalist Republicans who have fucked up the Senate, the Supreme Court and the House of Republican Theatrical Clowns.

So sad that they sacrificed America's Karen Senator Britt, who in one fell swoop stated how ineligible for reelection she will be in 2028.

I hope Biden has knee replacement surgery in his second term.

by Anonymousreply 110March 9, 2024 4:18 PM

Hur testimony today, Biden passes the delegate threshold tonight. Plausible deniability.

March 13, March 31?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 12, 2024 1:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!