Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna removes image of Luther Vandross from her AIDS tribute... at the request of the singer's estate

… since he passed from a stroke

She just did a Google search and threw up a bunch of images of people without checking them, didn’t she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2024 3:15 PM

Luthers "health issues" are an open secret, especially in the music industry. Has Luthers family ever even acknowledged he was gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2024 5:15 AM

For once Janbot is vindicated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2024 9:24 AM

30 years of drastic yo yo dieting killed him right?

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2024 9:36 AM

Maybe she was on the toilet when she created her post. She does seem to spend a lot of time in the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2024 10:17 AM

Maybe you should stalk Madonna and kill her OP. That sounds like something that would be right up your alley judging by all the threads you make about her on DL.

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2024 10:20 AM

[quote] Maybe she was on the toilet when she created her post.

It’s not a post. It’s an entire segment in her show.

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2024 12:23 PM

She mistook him for her idol James Baldwin, cause y'know, to her, they all look alike.

by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2024 8:04 PM

His mother named him Ronzoni. Of course his family never acknowledged he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 8February 27, 2024 8:20 PM

I never heard anything about Luther being POZ.

by Anonymousreply 9February 27, 2024 11:52 PM

Madonna probably knew all along and was cunting.

by Anonymousreply 10February 27, 2024 11:54 PM

Luther Vandross lost the Best New Artist Grammy Award to Sheena Easton. She was deserving of the win.

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2024 12:23 AM

I also am not sure dear Lither had AIDS, and I'd be someone to raise hell if they hid that. It was well known his father had similar cardiovascular issues, and it genuinely looked like he had a stroke when Oprah broadcast his sad last days in rehab. I remember crying my eyes out when he could barely make out a song with his backup singers. Poor man.

by Anonymousreply 12February 29, 2024 4:44 PM

Luther*

by Anonymousreply 13February 29, 2024 4:45 PM

Luther’s father may have had heart issues, but I think in Luther’s case it was the lifelong crash dieting that proved to be catastrophic to him.

by Anonymousreply 14February 29, 2024 4:54 PM

He sure was friendly with homophobe Cissy Houston. They worked together a lot.

by Anonymousreply 15February 29, 2024 4:59 PM

[quote] "While we appreciate Madonna’s recognition of those lives lost to AIDS, Luther was NEVER diagnosed with AIDS or the HIV Virus. We’re not sure where she or her production team received false medical information claiming otherwise."

Luther was plagued by rumors of being HIV+ during his lifetime. His biographer wrote about the times certain urban radio stations announced it during the 80s and 90s. At times, even his friends like Dionne Warwick, Patti Labelle and Valerie Simpson contacted him to confirm if what they heard was true. Strangely, while his PR steadfastly denied the rumors, there were no lawsuits, and this was during a time when one could be lawfully discriminated against because of HIV status.

Does Vadge include George Michael in her AIDS memorial?!

by Anonymousreply 16February 29, 2024 5:36 PM

I think it's pretty common knowledge he was +. And gay. But of course the family is in deep denial.

by Anonymousreply 17February 29, 2024 7:27 PM

Richard Marx has a story about Luther Vandross shrieking at him for touching his cashmere wallpaper.

by Anonymousreply 18February 29, 2024 8:17 PM

Why did Richard touch his cashmere? Richard is gay too despite a sham marriage.

by Anonymousreply 19February 29, 2024 8:24 PM

what does Vandross mean?

by Anonymousreply 20February 29, 2024 8:28 PM

Canceled was gay but I don't know that he was HIV+ and I've only known that to be a rumor. It is much more likely that George Michael was HIV+ and even though he was open about being gay he never disclosed his status.

by Anonymousreply 21February 29, 2024 9:28 PM

Patti LaBelle outed Luther!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 29, 2024 9:40 PM

"Vandross" was spell-corrected to "canceled" [?]

by Anonymousreply 23February 29, 2024 9:43 PM

What happened to Luther Vandross "muse".? Wasn't he younger that Luther? Did Luther leave him in the will?

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2024 12:11 AM

Isn’t Patti supposedly a lesbian herself? Or bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2024 12:34 AM

An albatross who prefers to carpool, Rose r20.

by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2024 12:38 AM

Why would his mother give him the middle name of Ronzoni? Like pasta?

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2024 2:48 PM

Gurl Luther had the high blood pressure and diabetus like most middle aged black folks. He was an emotional eater and that took him out, not the AIDS

by Anonymousreply 28March 2, 2024 1:16 PM

Yeah, but he sure could sing! Another entry into the " Singers who dies too soon" thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2024 1:21 PM

Loved him, but

Stone fag.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Except lying about it.

by Anonymousreply 30March 2, 2024 1:24 PM

Dionne you are still bitter about your Vandross produced album tanking, unlike the masterpiece he did for Aretha…or Cheryl Lynn’s album.

by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2024 3:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!