Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Thousands stranded on Norwegian Dawn cruise ship hit by possible cholera outbreak

Floating petri dishes, cruise ships are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 27, 2024 2:18 PM

I’d sooner dive into the deep blue sea and drown than go on a cruise

by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2024 12:20 AM

Where is Voice of the Night? He could be useful here for both his cruise ship/line and medical knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2024 12:21 AM

Norwegian Dawn ... of the Dead!!

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2024 12:21 AM

DIE-AH-RIA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2024 12:24 AM

Shitty.

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2024 12:24 AM

Just think, that brown layer in the glacial record is now immortalized for core sample scholars of the future.

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2024 12:44 AM

Cruise ships hire the filthiest staff in the world. I mean, how often do you hear of hotel outbreaks? Cafeteria outbreaks? Dormitory outbreaks?

by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2024 12:44 AM

Maybe they can join us soon!

by Anonymousreply 8February 27, 2024 12:46 AM

Instead of gaily colored streamers, people instead T.P. the Norwegian Dawn!

by Anonymousreply 9February 27, 2024 12:51 AM

ABC movie of the week covered cholera…1970. I’m sure most passengers saw it in high school

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 27, 2024 1:06 AM

All the people in the pic are fat.....

by Anonymousreply 11February 27, 2024 1:08 AM

Cholera. FFS - CHOLERA.

It's the 21st century with modern toilet facilities.

[quote] The cholera bacteria is passed through feces (poop). It is spread by eating or drinking food or water contaminated by the feces (poop) of an infected person. This occurs more often in underdeveloped countries lacking proper water supplies and sewage disposal.

by Anonymousreply 12February 27, 2024 1:10 AM

There's no actual confirmation that it is cholera, and from a medical perspective, cholera has a very specific presentation.

That being said, the Dawn sailed from Capetown with several stops in South Africa and two in Madagascar, so it could have gotten on board that way.

My Atlantis cruise had an outbreak of influenza (myself included), but given the...ahem...nature of things aboard, it's not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 13February 27, 2024 1:10 AM

Even if it's not cholera, it's still a crappy situation, R13.

by Anonymousreply 14February 27, 2024 1:20 AM

shits fired

by Anonymousreply 15February 27, 2024 1:23 AM

Saw this on the DL Cruise thread infested with travel agents and boomer cruise cultists. Modern cruising is The Villages with a chance of being contaminated for life or drowning, if you're lucky. The Plague Boat. WTF is the appeal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 27, 2024 1:26 AM

R14. I see what you did there 👍🏼

by Anonymousreply 17February 27, 2024 1:26 AM

I went on one cruise and was hit on by a waiter who insisted on friending me on social media, then DM'ed me non-stop until the cruise was over. I never replied. But saw a few days later on social media that he most definitely was not single.

by Anonymousreply 18February 27, 2024 1:47 AM

Norwegian Dawn is a small ship compared to the new Monstrosity of The Seas come spread vacay viruses confined with 10,000 of your closest friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 27, 2024 3:29 AM

Spread globally aboard ships, just sayin...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 27, 2024 2:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!