Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So what part of Miami is that in “The Golden Girls” opening credits?

I mean the credits from season 2 onward, not the ugly view of Miami in Season One.

I’m sure it’s terrifically expensive but it looks quite nice.

by Anonymousreply 19February 26, 2024 3:25 AM

FOLLIES!

by Anonymousreply 1February 25, 2024 9:26 PM

Thank you, R1. That was very helpful.

by Anonymousreply 2February 25, 2024 9:56 PM

Coral Gables?

by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2024 9:58 PM

It's Boca Raton, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 4February 25, 2024 10:01 PM

In season 4, episode 6, Dorothy is seen driving and I couldn't help but notice a dog turd laying in the street on which she was driving.

Anyone happen to know what breed of dog that left the turd?

I fully expect this thread to max out at over 600 responses in response to this inane question, so someone please make sure to start Thread #2 soon.

by Anonymousreply 5February 25, 2024 10:05 PM

[quote] Anyone happen to know what breed of dog that left the turd?

I believe it was a rescue dog.

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2024 10:08 PM

I always thought it was the Miami Beach area. Maybe North Beach.

by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2024 10:10 PM

R5, that was Burt Thorgusson’s turd. He takes his walker for a constitutional every morning - does NOT wear pants. Leaves a trail, which is how his caregivers track him down.

by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2024 11:09 PM

This is no longer Rose Nylund’s Miami.

by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2024 11:18 PM

R5 If it's the biggest turd that you've ever seen then it's obviously a Trump turd.

I've done my share picking those suckers up so I don't really care anymore do you?

by Anonymousreply 10February 26, 2024 12:35 AM

The turd was left by the moose that raised Little Yimminy and put him through medical school.

by Anonymousreply 11February 26, 2024 12:39 AM

From the sounds of it, Sophia used to frequent Wolfie’s and she could only get around on a bus pass. Also they would go to Joe’s Stone Crab for special occasions (e.g. the Petrillos’ anniversary). They’d have to be relatively close to North Miami Beach for the Wolfie’s commute to be practical. Maybe the house was somewhere in Biscayne Park or Miami Shores?

Thoughts from any Dade County locals?

by Anonymousreply 12February 26, 2024 1:05 AM

The opening shot from Season 2 onwards is in Miami Beach looking over Pine Tree Drive.

However, that’s not where the Girls were supposed to have lived. They were portrayed as living in Miami proper and, based on comments they made about driving on Biscayne Blvd., they most likely lived in Miami Shores.

Although the house looked more like what you would see in Pinecrest just south of Coral Gables. Never mind that the house used in exterior shots was really in Brentwood, California!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 26, 2024 1:15 AM

I find the minutiae in this thread oddly fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 14February 26, 2024 1:19 AM

[quote] Every morning, when I leave the house, I see this bag lady going through the garbage over on 135th Street.

That’s way up in North Miami, and a hop skip and jump to Wolfie’s.

by Anonymousreply 15February 26, 2024 1:22 AM

Yes, Miami Shores is along Biscayne Blvd. from about 96th to 110th Street. And then Biscayne Park and North Miami are 110th to 135th Street… so I guess they were supposed to live somewhere in that area.

by Anonymousreply 16February 26, 2024 1:45 AM

The exact addresses of the Rusty Anchor and the Mortimer Club seem lost to history, so they’re no help at triangulating.

by Anonymousreply 17February 26, 2024 1:56 AM

In a few episodes, when they came back from shopping at the local mall, Dorothy mentioned her favorite store was Jordan Marsh (originally founded in Boston, MA but they did branch out to Florida for their snowbirds) and Blanche once mentioned Neiman Marcus was hers - so was their a mall which had Jordan Marsh and Neiman Marcus as anchors ?

by Anonymousreply 18February 26, 2024 3:07 AM

I really doubt the writers did any research into the area. It was set in Miami but that’s where it ended. This is the same show where a character claims that airplanes don’t fly over residential neighborhoods and they recast over and over.

by Anonymousreply 19February 26, 2024 3:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!