Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I did my taxes already!

Turbo Tax is pretty simple!

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2024 4:19 PM

Yeah, I’ve used them for many years. It’s straightforward and uncomplicated.

The rates have varied from year to year. I paid about 42 bucks this year.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2024 4:06 AM

Did my taxes last Friday, got my refund on Tuesday. Freaky fast this year. Joe put he new agents to work quicktime.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2024 4:09 AM

I did mine three weeks ago. State refund came ten days ago, and federal is due in tomorrow. If they owe you it's good to file early and get your money into your bank account instead of theirs.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2024 5:29 AM

Honey, I got my refund 2 weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2024 5:48 AM

Turbo Tax=rip off

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2024 5:57 AM

Love Turbo Tax!

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2024 5:59 AM

r4 must not have any stocks

Those forms don't usually come out until mid-February.

r4 must be poor. Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2024 6:49 AM

^ I use Turbo Tax because I'm really rich and my taxes are quite complicated... Haha, only the poors do their own taxes

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2024 8:27 AM

Do NOT use TurboTax. They spend millions lobbying Congress to keep the tax system complicated and prevent the government for creating a free self-filing program.

Recommended: FreeTaxUSA - Free to file Federal; $15 for state. No hidden fees or income limits.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2024 5:15 PM

I did mine Jan. 28th online with FreeTaxUSA, and state and fed were direct deposited in about a week.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2024 5:26 PM

I use tax software exactly because I do own stocks and have a more-complicated-than-average situation. Got my refund credited last night. Tax software just makes it easier to file electronically -and that is the secret to getting your refunds promptly. Do you really want to risk your money being tied up during a federal shut down? The House keeps threatening that, and it would delay IRS processing for months!

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2024 5:40 PM

You should not plan to expect a refund -- your goal should be to get as close to zero (owing/refund) as possible. Adjust your withholding accordingly. The new W-4 (released in 2020) is producing much more accurate withholding for wage earners. Unfortunately, most people never bother to update their W-4 unless their situation changes so they're still being withheld based on the outmoded version, with exemptions and allowances.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2024 5:43 PM

You are correct, R12 -but not all of us have the fiscal discipline you do. I work in a profession where you only receive eleven paychecks a year. Saving the equivalent of a full paycheck isn't always easy on a tight budget. Getting a large tax refund in March makes it easier to just pop it into savings all at once. Most people aren't in that situation, but its a better solution than selling your possessions at the swap meet to voice becoming homeless.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2024 5:57 PM

I hate tax season. There goes another $100k to Uncle Sam.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2024 6:11 PM

I find TurboTax easy but expensive. My taxes are not overly complicated but it seems they really lop on a high fee to report securities transactions. I must be doing something wrong.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2024 6:55 PM

I was wondering what people were using for tax preparation software. I've used them all and they keep getting more expensive. I just looked at the above recommended Freetaxusa and it looks like it is highly rated by users. I may check it out.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2024 7:09 PM

[quote]I must be doing something wrong.

Yes--using TurboTax.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2024 7:16 PM

I'm doing my taxes now - god, I owe so much.

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2024 4:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!