Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Dillon turns 60 today!

Shares a birthday with John Travolta, who turns 70!

Happy birthday!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2024 12:32 PM

Is it true that he's had some familiarity with the homosex?

I mean, who wouldn't do it with him, given the opportunity?

Happy birthday, Matt!

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2024 9:14 AM

He was the hottest thing in the world in his prime. So underrated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2024 9:26 AM

U never hear about him. I’m sure he’s in something in the myriad of channels and streaming.

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2024 9:32 AM

Would then. Still would now.

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2024 9:36 AM

19-year-old Matt Dillon (and Kristy McNichol) butchering the names of foreign nominees at the 1983 Oscars will never fail to make me laugh. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2024 10:04 AM

He was so hot on "Mermaids!"

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2024 11:40 AM

Matt Dillon certainly had the “it” factor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2024 1:00 PM

60 years still looking for the "right gal".

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2024 1:06 PM

^ Chances are he'll remain a confirmed bachelor.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2024 1:08 PM

We’ll never get to see his shower scene with Kevin Bacon in the so-bad-it’s-awesome masterpiece “Wild Things”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2024 3:08 PM

[quote]60 years still looking for the "right gal".

I found her and then lost her.

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2024 4:52 PM

Literally bumped into him once at a theatre backstage in NYC. He was taller than I would've thought (5'10"?) and unbelievably intense. Like he had this aura or bubble around him of hostile intensity. Weird. Might be having a bad day, but I could see him being a hothead type. But yes, he was hot. Didn't ping for me, but that would've been sweet. This was 20-25 years ago so this was prime Matt.

There's only two other actors I can think of that gave off that scary angry vibe when briefly meeting: Alec Baldwin and, perhaps surprisingly, Frances McDormand. Through work I've met many, many recognizable actors and for the most part they're genial and down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2024 2:35 AM

In 2023...with a little help from Just For Men

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2024 3:31 AM

R6 you're confusing him with Michael Schoeffling, who is similar in looks and also beautiful.

But yes, Matt... he is unparalleled as far as I'm concerned. One of the absolute hottest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 20, 2024 3:44 AM

Happy Birthhday Mat! 🎁🎈. I'll never forget him in "Liars Moon."

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2024 4:13 AM

You're right, r14!

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2024 8:52 AM

I recall going to the movies to see Tex (1982?) which was pretty good. I think it may have been the first movie he was the lead.

Before the film started they showed "Vincent", a stop-motion animated short in black & white narrated by Vincent Price and written, designed and directed by Tim Burton.

by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2024 12:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!