Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lynda Carter & Debra Winger in Wonder Woman (1976)

Here is a snippet from an episode of Wonder Woman that aired on ABC in 1976. Here we see Lynda Carter as the titular Wonder Woman and Debra Winger as her younger sister Drusilla aka Wonder Girl. Dru was sent to America to deliver an in-person message from their mother, Queen Hippolyta, that she should return to Paradise Island and resume her duties as heiress to the throne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 23, 2024 7:32 PM

See, Wonder Woman is helping the US efforts to defeat the Third Reich during World War II.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2024 2:20 PM

Here we find Debra Winger as Drusilla turning into Wonder Girl for the very first time. Notice how clumsy and awkward her transformation is. Bitch almost falls down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2024 2:27 PM

If I remember correctly - this was the first episode (pilot).

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2024 2:27 PM

Here is another Debra Winger transformation into Wonder Girl. She’s gonna save guest star Robert Hays ass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2024 2:32 PM

R3 it was from the part-one episode, The Feminum Mystique, that aired on November 6, 1976. It wasn’t the series pilot but it was Debra Winger’s debut on the series.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2024 2:35 PM

I liked how the ABC run of Wonder Woman was a period piece, set during World War II.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2024 2:39 PM

I forgot about the lasso. Winger has such a cool looking square face, Carter is being subjected to the extremes of corsetry. How can she run? Lynda Carter had a unique look with blue eyes and dark hair, like John travolta. Robert Hays is smoking hot!!!

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2024 2:59 PM

Did Debra clash with the director while filming this?

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2024 3:03 PM

I liked it better when Wonder Woman paired with the Bionic Woman to fight crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2024 4:11 PM

I loved Wonder Woman as a child. Two things bugged young me though: A) if her jet is invisible, shouldn’t she be invisible while piloting? 2) Wonder Woman’s boots turned from heeled to flat when she was running/jumping.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2024 4:49 PM

R10 suspension of disbelief.

Lynda was titular her tits were ample and secured inside her World War II era WW costume corset and her disco spectacular late 70s WW costume corset when the series switched eras and networks to CBS.

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2024 5:03 PM

Didn't WW's mom make her out of clay, did she do the same thing with the sister? They never made that clear.

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2024 5:07 PM

R9-Wow 🤩

Two beauties from the 1970’s.

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2024 5:19 PM

R11- aka OP

You are

SO GAY

and that’s a good thing 👌

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2024 5:21 PM

There was no Drusilla in the comics. Diana had a "sister" Donna who was created by magic. DC has mucked around so much with that character that who knows who she is. Diana was originally molded from clay and given life by the gods, but DC changed her backstory and she's now the daughter of Zeus.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2024 5:30 PM

Drusilla’s costume is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2024 5:33 PM

We can tell who is the real star, thank Gods; Wonder Woman has all the labial merit badges!

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2024 5:44 PM

As a little girl, I loved WW and Linda Carter. I wanted to be her! I met LC and she is lovely. I know family members and they really have amazing genes, all of them beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2024 7:40 PM

Winger is a lot shorter than I realized. 5'4"

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2024 7:48 PM

The Druscilla/Paradise island episodes were my favorite as a lil gayling watching reruns in the early 1980s, for whatever reason I found the whole all-female community element (I love FOL too) very comforting (also love the Golden Girls).

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2024 8:03 PM

Debra, being the psychotic cunt that she is, trashed Lynda. Lynda was dumbfounded by what she said.

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2024 8:09 PM

KING: By the way, did Debra Winger ever work as Wonder Woman?

CARTER: She did.

KING: She was what -- Wonder Girl?

CARTER: She played my little sister, Drucilla.

KING: Drucilla, for how many -- two years, one year?

CARTER: No, no. She was on for just about three or four episodes.

KING: Did she dress up in an outfit too.

CARTER: She did.

KING: She was called what, Wonder Girl?

CARTER: Yes, I think so. But she did a great job. But she doesn't like anybody so...

KING: Is she hard to work with?

CARTER: I didn't think so. But as she later told some interviewers, I guess, some horror story about working with me. But I'm...

KING: She didn't like working with you?

CARTER: I guess not. But I'm in good company. She didn't like working with Shirley MacLaine, Jack Nicholson, Richard Gere, John Travolta. I think she's a tremendous actress.

KING: Were you hurt when she did that, put you down?

CARTER: I was surprised because I had -- she was going through a rough time at the time. And I stayed after work a lot of nights just, you know, kind of being a big sister and having her -- she was going through a lot at the time. Really kind of traumatic stuff. And so I was surprised.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2024 8:12 PM

Lynda Carter is a class act. Debra Winger is a batshit cunt who sabotaged her own career with her nastiness.

by Anonymousreply 23February 18, 2024 8:19 PM

Drucilla's costume was meant to emulate what Wonder Girl was wearing in the comics at that time, which was designed in the late 60s. They kept the stars across the chest but otherwise did a version of her original costume, seen in the background of the linked photo. Not their best work to say the least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 18, 2024 8:26 PM

They changed her name from "Donna" to "Drusilla" because it didn't make much sense that the Amazons would have a princess named "Donna." Now, since the Amazons were Greek myths, it made little sense that they would have Princesses with Latin names like "Diana" and "Drusilla," but at least they were both classical names and in the same vague ballpark.

by Anonymousreply 25February 18, 2024 8:32 PM

Winger sure is the epitome of a backstabbing bitch, r22

by Anonymousreply 26February 18, 2024 8:32 PM

I was a big Wonder Woman fan as a kid, but I never cared for Wonder Girl/Donna Troy. I just couldn't get into that character. I remember that Donna Troy was supposed to be around 20ish but she had a boyfriend who was old enough to be her father. I thought it was creepy. He even looked like a creepy perv, the way he was drawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 18, 2024 8:37 PM

R23- Agreed

Debra Winger always was and still is a total

NUT JOB 🤪

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2024 8:38 PM

A lovely photo from a few months ago of Lynda posing with the WW costume.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2024 8:40 PM

R27- He looks like a disco dancing GAY MALE ca. 1977.

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2024 8:40 PM

Winger has a sense of humor about Wonder Girl.

This video used to be up on YouTube but I can’t find it now!

Anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2024 8:41 PM

[quote]her disco spectacular late 70s WW costume corset when the series switched eras and networks to CBS.

Yes CBS totally discofied the costume. WW was all ready to go to Studio 54 in it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2024 8:43 PM

Wonder Girl taken down by the Nazis with the help of chloroform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2024 9:58 PM

I wonder why it’s not on YouTube anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2024 10:22 PM

R27- I liked her better when she appeared on Star Trek: The Next Generation as ship's counselor.

by Anonymousreply 35February 19, 2024 4:44 AM

From the part 1 episode

Debra Winger as Drucilla on Paradise Island

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 23, 2024 3:38 PM

This is the (then) cute Peter Knight played by Charles Frank. Hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 23, 2024 3:40 PM

R37- He was on an episode of MASH in the late 1970's.

by Anonymousreply 38March 23, 2024 4:11 PM

Lynda Carter still looks fabulous. She's the most well-preserved 72 year-old I've ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 23, 2024 7:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!