Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Best American actress under 50

Whom would you vote for? Please do not hesitate to vote "Other" and name someone I missed.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2024 9:56 PM

Catherine Zeta Jones

by Anonymousreply 1February 11, 2024 9:26 PM

Anya Taylor-Joy is better than everyone on that list.

by Anonymousreply 2February 11, 2024 9:29 PM

Kerry Washington is an overrated hack.

by Anonymousreply 3February 11, 2024 9:34 PM

Kirsten Dunst

by Anonymousreply 4February 11, 2024 9:34 PM

I thought Michelle Williams was despised on DL!

I’ve always liked her, but she really won me over as Gwen Verdon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2024 9:37 PM

I was going to insist that Anya Taylor-Joy isn't American, but she was born in Miami. She just has such an international upbringing that she doesn't seem American.

I like all of those actresses, but none of them really stands out as vastly superior to the rest. I settled on Jessica Chastain, but if anyone argued that almost anyone else on the list is more talented, I probably wouldn't dispute it.

by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2024 9:39 PM

Pretty shitty lineup.

by Anonymousreply 7February 11, 2024 9:42 PM

Fosse/Verdon is my favorite FX mini-series.

by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2024 9:50 PM

Then do better yourself, r7.

by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2024 9:55 PM

Anya Taylor-Joy is certainly not better than everyone on that list—she is a good actress, but her talents are ridiculously overhyped by her stans. She’s also really not an American, except by technicality because she was born there while her parents were on vacation.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2024 9:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!