Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Do People Continue to Hire Dakota Johnson?

She's a marginally talented, pretty but not beautiful nepotism baby, who continually bites the hand that feeds her. Why hire her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 15, 2024 3:01 AM

Flat effect millennial Nepo baby cunt

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 8:17 PM

Her mother and father had personality and charm, she has none

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 8:17 PM

I like her because she calls people out. But I have to agree that she doesn't have 'it' otherwise so it is probably people being overly awed by who her parents are.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 8:19 PM

The only thing I've seen her in is 'The Lost Daughter' and she was very good.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 8:48 PM

I had no idea she was in The Office finale. Was she background?

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 9:15 PM

She's a cunt

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 9:17 PM

Because OP,

She did this.

Hollywood will be eternally grateful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 9:22 PM

The work she had done does look great, IMO. She's about as talented as BD Davis was in WHTBJ, which would explain why her career is limited.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 9:24 PM

A beloved series ending after nearly a decade, and she comes into a part that clearly for a glorified extra - and she expects the cast to make her feel like family for their last fucking episode?

She thought she’d be a featured player in an episode devoted to tying up loose ends and sending at least FIFTEEN characters into the future?

Imagine how thrilled a non-nepo baby would have been to land that role.

Her endless whining is making me wish Ellen had been meaner to her.

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 9:31 PM

R3 Has anyone seriously been "awed" by her parents??

Melanie Griffith has never evolved beyond "slightly retarded sexy baby" as an actor and Don Johnson is best known for Miami Vice. I wouldn't exactly call them Hollywood Royalty.

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2024 10:20 PM

R10 Explain how she keeps getting work other than nepotism though?

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2024 10:37 PM

Because nepotism has rules.

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2024 10:39 PM

I live it when Datalounge piles on someone for having a negative attitude when Literally the only thing we do on here is bitch and resent things.

She was good in suspiria and has the kind of dryly intelligent energy I gravitate to in a woman. Her pedigree allows her to stay above the fray a bit so she's a little more frank than a lot of her peers and I appreciate that

And yeah nepotism sucks but Tippi motherfucking Hedren was her grandma.m and I can't help but find that fabulous

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2024 10:47 PM

I just checked her filmography — I’ve never seen a single thing she’s done, other than her narration of Shere Hite’s voice in the recent documentary (which I enjoyed).

She’s very pretty though.

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2024 11:03 PM

She works? I honestly can’t remember the last movie she’s in besides 50 Shades.

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2024 11:07 PM

Oh look, another Dakota Johnson thread!

by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2024 11:10 PM

R13 Fully agreed.

Also, when your parents are entertainers, and your parent's parents were entertainers, is it any surprise that you have both the genes and the upbringing to also aspire to show business? Are we really shocked that actors and musicians aren't churning out CPAs and orthodontists?

Why don't we see the same outrage for 3rd generation lawyers and physicians?

by Anonymousreply 17February 9, 2024 11:10 PM

R17 Some of the worst Dr's I've encountered were second generation, they had the extensive education needed but they all seemed mildly psychotic, but given the difficulty in putting in the time, effort, energy, to acquire the credentials they have they have a bit more to stand on than their mommy having been an 80s fluke with a dad whose greatest hit was a cheesy TV show.

Are you a 3rd generation lawyer, by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 18February 9, 2024 11:19 PM

She’s awful and so are her gross parents. I hope one of Tippi’s ancient lions eat her. They won’t, because they’re all dead.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 12:08 AM

She’ll be knocked down several pegs when Madame Web flops.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 12:13 AM

Looks like Don Johnson in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2024 12:18 AM

Why do people continue to talk about Dakota Johnson?

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 1:59 AM

She reminds me of Aubrey Plaza.

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 2:32 AM

Madame Flop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2024 12:32 AM

Op, I just saw the commercial for Madame Web, unbelievably bad acting on display!

by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2024 12:47 AM

I’m not much of a fan, but her recent SNL scene with the three guys who make the videos was funny and showed she’s a good sport (as are the three guys).

by Anonymousreply 26February 15, 2024 12:52 AM

Madame Web looks terrible and is never something I’d see irrespective of whether or not she were in it. That being said, I enjoyed her in Suspiria, The Peanut Butter Falcon, The Lost Daughter, and A Bigger Splash. She has an everywoman quality about her that works well in certain roles. She’s definitely not flashy or charismatic enough for Marvel superhero territory though. She’s mainly done indie stuff (save the Fifty Shades movies) until this. I agree that her acting as shown in the commercials for Madame Web is so flat and awkward. I think this was a bad career move for her, but I’m sure the paycheck was good.

by Anonymousreply 27February 15, 2024 12:52 AM

R26 here — forgot to link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 15, 2024 12:53 AM

She’s beautiful and effortlessly cunty.

She also endeared herself to an entire generation of gay men with her prototypical takedown of Ellen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 15, 2024 12:58 AM

Sorry, but she gets a life long pass because of the Ellen thing.

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2024 1:15 AM

“Ask everybody.”

by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2024 1:34 AM

She has one of those intensely forgettable faces, like Emily Blunt.

by Anonymousreply 32February 15, 2024 1:40 AM

Chris Martin has a type: privileged nepotism babies.

by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2024 1:48 AM

"Madame Web" is getting excoriated by critics and audiences alike. I read a comment somewhere that Dakota apparently fired her agent after doing this movie because she was misled into believing it was a Marvel Cinematic Universe film.

by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2024 2:39 AM

I used to watch the television version of Swamp Thing, it's streaming on Tubi now. The acting from the veteran performers, Virginia Madsen and Jennifer Beals elevated a ridiculous plot and amateur special effects of this show.

The advertising for Madame Web reminded me of Swamp Thing, without the good acting.

by Anonymousreply 35February 15, 2024 3:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!