Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Molly Ringwald- anyone else loving this recent resurgence?

I always liked her and am glad she’s in something getting tons of attention and coverage again for the first time in many years. It’s deserved.

I love that the audience showed her so much love when she first came out (it’s cut here) and I think she looks amazing. I wonder if she realizes how many people still love Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Pretty In Pink to this day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 11, 2024 11:14 AM

No, not really. Her agent must be amazing though.

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2024 8:32 PM

Christ, that voice…

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2024 8:38 PM

Yes, I loved her randomly appearing at an al-anon meeting on The Bear.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2024 8:42 PM

R2 what’s wrong with it? When she was younger I understood why some people hated her voice but she doesn’t sound like that anymore now.

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2024 8:43 PM

No. Totally dull non-actress. She seems like an okay person, though that self flagellation in the New Yorker a few years back about The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles no longer being woke enough for her to show her kids was fucking annoying, especially considering she’s something of a generational icon because of those two films.

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2024 8:51 PM

3 films r5. 3.

And she’s lovely. And a fine actress.

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2024 8:55 PM

Jimmy Fallon? You’ve hit rock bottom when you appear on that crap.

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2024 8:58 PM

Yes I’m well aware of Pretty in Pink, but I truly don’t remember anything about it besides gorgeous preppy bitch James Spader, Harry Dean Stanton - to quote Pauline Kael - in a BATHROBE, and that godawful dress she ended up wearing to prom. I’m not sure she was anything special, John Hughes was attached to her and made her a muse of sorts for his middling Reaganite teen fare.

Hughes went to my high school. I hate his movies about teenagers but find his other work - more broad comedy - funny.

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2024 8:59 PM

R7 every celeb goes there…

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2024 9:02 PM

R8 what you “remember” doesn’t mean shit. It’s a classic and beloved.

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2024 9:03 PM

R10 Are you Molly Ringwald or her agent?

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2024 9:05 PM

How long will we have to wait for a Jon Cryer resurgence?

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2024 9:07 PM

R12 huh? He was in Twelve and a Half Men for many years

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2024 9:08 PM

She's kinda looking Julia Sweeney-ish in middle age

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2024 9:08 PM

I think she looks beautiful.

Jon Cryer? The same Jon Cryer who was in Dharma & Greg and Two and a Half Men? Two very successful series. He won 2 Emmy awards for the latter.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2024 9:09 PM

She looks like a sparkling Michael Myers, with the same wig but longer.

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2024 9:22 PM

I thought she was really good in Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story. I almost didn't recognize her.

I loved Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club.

by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2024 9:35 PM

Jon Cryer has a new show with Donald Faison. He finally ditched the toupee.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2024 10:04 PM

I have a cute picture she took with me. We would have had cute dark red haired babies together. I’d post it but you’re all too mean.

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2024 10:56 PM

Good lord OP, half the posts here are you. Do you enjoy replying to yourself? Are you "special?" What's the obsession in defending her? How odd.

by Anonymousreply 20January 26, 2024 10:57 PM

r17- I completely agree. I was shocked to learn it was Molly Ringwald playing Dahmer's mother. I thought she did an excellent job, quite honestly.

I believe I her on Broadway in something, but i can't recall what. Thought she did pretty good - and that was a couple decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 21January 26, 2024 11:00 PM

Stepmother. Not mother.

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2024 11:05 PM

R21 if you can’t remember it’s because it didn’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 23January 26, 2024 11:05 PM

Right, thanks for the correction.

by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2024 11:06 PM

[quote] I completely agree. I was shocked to learn it was Molly Ringwald playing Dahmer's mother. I thought she did an excellent job, quite honestly.

You couldn't have been playing too close attention. She didn't play his mother.

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2024 11:11 PM

She was a cute teen and had the eye-rolling-teen thing down pat. But as an adult she’s dull, nondescript and I can’t take her voice. It was much better when she was a teen.

by Anonymousreply 26January 27, 2024 12:54 AM

When she was a teen she had old lady hair. Now, at 55, she has young girl hair.

by Anonymousreply 27January 27, 2024 12:56 AM

I gotta say, her publishing her translation of the French novel Arrête avec tes mesonges impressed the hell out of me. How many former teen stars do that?

by Anonymousreply 28January 27, 2024 1:18 AM

She’s an intellect.

by Anonymousreply 29January 27, 2024 1:54 AM

She was so annoying on The Facts of Life. Couldn’t stand her. But then I saw 16 Candles and changed my mind.

by Anonymousreply 30January 27, 2024 2:18 AM

So annoying its NSFW.

Molly was a child singer.

I had this record. My poor parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 27, 2024 2:20 AM

Does DL have a Molly Ringwald troll now? Will it join the Lange Loon, the Capucine stan, and the Gong Li and Liv Ullmann trolls?

by Anonymousreply 32January 27, 2024 2:40 AM

Molly's next project is starring in the emotional LT biopic "You Take the Good, You Take the Bad: The Charlotte Rae Story."

by Anonymousreply 33January 27, 2024 2:45 AM

Glad she’s getting some work. She’s not as annoying as RDJ.

by Anonymousreply 34January 27, 2024 3:28 AM

i think she's pretty diverse. She lived in France for part of her life. She's fluent in French, she writes, she does Broadway, and apparently she sings as well.

She has the life she wants, and good for her. She didn't fade into nothing, she's been living her life and doing projects that she wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 35January 27, 2024 3:32 AM

Her Instagram account is really fun. Looks like fashion designer Zac Posen, who also has a great Instagram account, is her gay bff.

by Anonymousreply 36January 27, 2024 3:39 AM

She actually had a really lovely comment about Pretty in Pink, I believe in that New Yorker article about how she knew why people found some of Duckie’s antics distasteful but when they were filming, she had always had it in her mind that he was gay.

She’s not a great actress and she’s interesting and thoughtful. There are a lot worse out there.

by Anonymousreply 37January 27, 2024 4:17 AM

She was a beautiful teenager - he skin and hair and face were really beautiful, especially in a time where blonde/tanned were the norm. Everyone during high school thought she was really pretty, despite the fact she didn't fit the blonde/tanned/skinny norm. She's really tall and has a body to match. That's not a crime, let's not shame her because she's a bigger-boned person.

by Anonymousreply 38January 27, 2024 4:23 AM

R21 she did Cabaret, Enchanted April, and the play Modern Orthodox on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2024 4:27 AM

Modern Orthodox was Off-Broadway. And her co-stars hated her with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2024 4:30 AM

I saw her in Cabaret r39. She didn't suck, but honestly, i had never seen it before. She had many people lined up for kudos and autographs. But maybe that's the way most Broadway plays go.

by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2024 4:32 AM

Those gums

by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2024 4:44 AM

She was a natural young screen performer like Jodie Foster but it never transferred to adult roles the same way.

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2024 4:50 AM

I was such a huge fan of hers when I was in high school and I was obsessed with the John Hughes films as they were released in the theater and went to see both Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club multiple times. (And I skipped school opening day of Pretty in Pink so I could go to the first show on Friday.) But she never really had the talent to make the leap.

I know she turned down some substantial roles that could have catapulted her into adult stardom, but I think she would have been wrong for them (especially Pretty Woman). I think she could have done Blue Velvet (and her mother was stupid to say no), and that might have opened a new avenue for her, but she just wasn't a very good actress, so in the end, she probably would have wound up where she is no matter what. People have a warm feeling about her because she was part of their childhoods, but there's a reason she doesn't work a whole lot. (also she's known to be a major cunt, but that's another story.)

by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2024 4:54 AM

She's certainly had a resurgence in recent years; I frankly didn't envision it for her, as it seemed she was content doing her literary translation work and living pretty low-key.

Does anyone remember when she starred opposite Kylie Minogue in the Aussie slasher flick "Cut" in 2000? I remember renting it from the video store as an adolescent budding horror fan, but I don't remember anything about it other than that it was about people making a slasher movie. It was direct-to-video here in the US, but it may have gotten a theatrical release in Australia. I might have to revisit it for old time's sake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2024 5:31 AM

never heard of it, r45. i'll check it out.

by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2024 5:47 AM

I enjoy her, but I think I wouldnt if I had close personal interactions with her.

by Anonymousreply 47January 27, 2024 9:25 AM

I'd Lick Her Shitter

by Anonymousreply 48January 27, 2024 9:30 AM

Why r47? Because she’s an intellect and a lover of literature?

by Anonymousreply 49January 27, 2024 12:21 PM

I think she needed more upper support in that dress.

by Anonymousreply 50January 27, 2024 12:24 PM

R45 she’s still always worked as an actress while also doing literary translations. As she said in this one interview, she was the mother in both Riverdale and The Kissing Booth. She has always gotten offered roles in teenage geared media, even to this day.

I remember she was also Shailene Woodley’s mom in that American Teenager tv show and was given a cameo in Not Another Teen Movie. They always offer her these roles straight out. She has been the face off teenage girls to many people for 40+ years now.

by Anonymousreply 51January 27, 2024 12:25 PM

Molly's career is fascinating and reminds me a bit of former child star Patty McCormick wherein after a childhood/adolescence of A-list stardom they continue with their acting careers as pedestrian C-level working actors. Demonstrating that not every child star is Jodie Foster or Elizabeht Taylor nor Freddie Bartholemew or Corey Haim.

by Anonymousreply 52January 28, 2024 12:34 AM

Between Riverdale and her appearance in Dahmer, it’s not like this is the first time she’s been in the public eye in years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 28, 2024 12:50 AM

I loved it when she and the rest of the Breakfast Club cast (sans the always-absent Emilio Estevez), regrouped for the John Hughes Oscar remembrance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 28, 2024 12:53 AM

She is also the mom in The Kissing Booth trilogy.

by Anonymousreply 55January 28, 2024 12:53 AM

She was the mom in The Secret Life of the American Teenager (god that makes me feel old).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 28, 2024 12:56 AM

I saw Emilio Estevez once up close attending an event at the Hollywood Bowl maybe 2005 or 2006. He was much heavier than his teenage years (of course, who isn't?), but not obese. His shortness was what took me my surprise. i never thought he was tall, but just didn't realize how short he was - like maybe 5'5" or 5'6".

I think he's somewhat of a hermit, or at the very least, a severe introvert.

by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2024 12:57 AM

She appeared in Teaching Mrs. Tingle, the Dawson’s Creek-era Katie Holmes vehicle. I remember thinking “Young Molly is now playing a teacher?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 28, 2024 1:05 AM

I disagree that she’s a bad actress. I always found her performance in the forgotten PIP redux Fresh Horses to be moving. She’s great in this scene with Andrew McCarthy and Viggo Mortensen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 28, 2024 1:08 AM

Molly has the Perpetual Frozen Face look here in this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 28, 2024 1:13 AM

R56 It's weird to think even THAT show was 15 years ago (the beginning of it, anyway).

I wanted Mark Derwin, the dad on that show, inside me deeply and on my face, often and hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 28, 2024 1:16 AM

Molly did that all wrong. Red carpets hadn't gotten to her yet. That heifer reaction was hilarious. When Demi Moore looks dainty beside you, you are a large girl.

by Anonymousreply 62January 28, 2024 2:29 AM

John Hughes literally wrote movies specifically for Molly Ringwald. She was a pretty teenager whose parts were written for a wistful teenager. She couldn’t *not* have been right for the part, since she *was* the part. When she wasn’t a pretty, wistful young girl anymore she turned into an above-average-looking and horrendously-voiced adult. Her attraction was her youth. That’s true of so many people. We’re pretty, innocent-yet-knowing, gullible yet sarcastic, discovering new things every day. As life goes on, we lose all that.

Jodie Foster was not a pretty adolescent or teenager. She had uneven teeth, terrible hair, was tomboyish and didn’t do clothes any favors. She wasn’t the first crush of anyone except maybe baby dykes. She didn’t have that young teen freshness and magic. Ringwald did. And then she grew up and out of her persona, which was wholly concocted by John Hughes just for young Molly.

Jodie Foster played a 12 year old prostitute, which was shocking and attention-getting in the 1970s. Then she got stalked by a guy who shot the president. She was an American emblem. That’s why she was able to continue working …and she made her comeback playing a rape victim. Sex and violence. American as apple pie.

by Anonymousreply 63January 28, 2024 2:58 AM

I find her very annoying nowadays, but was a fan growing up.

by Anonymousreply 64January 28, 2024 3:02 AM

One was just a more well rounded actress also. Foster grew up to be very conventional looking which Hollywood always liked. Molly was a ginger with freckles and porcelain skin. In the 90s that wasn’t in.

by Anonymousreply 65January 28, 2024 3:03 AM

[quote] I think she looks amazing

I think she’s almost unrecognizable.

by Anonymousreply 66January 28, 2024 3:04 AM

She’s 55. She looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 67January 28, 2024 3:04 AM

If someone’s 55 and they look amazing because they just happen to look amazing at 55, that’s great. If they look younger because they had work done, the credit if any should go to their surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 68January 28, 2024 3:08 AM

She's intelligent and she can actually act fine, but she looks bizarre. She has a head like Rumer Willis--it's all jaw. And she's fucked up her lips.

by Anonymousreply 69January 28, 2024 3:13 AM

She always had big, full, pouty lips. look at any of her stills from her teenage movies. Very big lips.

by Anonymousreply 70January 28, 2024 3:15 AM

She's not ugly, just....void.

by Anonymousreply 71January 28, 2024 3:18 AM

She was a homely, pouty nothing when she had her presurgence. Now she's ugly, old and untalented.

by Anonymousreply 72January 28, 2024 3:23 AM

Have always loved Molly. Well maybe not on Facts of Life. But I sat on a subway in NYC across from her she was reading something in French. She was on Broadway at the time. Cabaret or Tik Tik Boom. I'm of her time so nostalgia and relatability are part of it. But I love a comeback or pop in from older performers from back then.

by Anonymousreply 73January 28, 2024 3:34 AM

[quote] Molly was a ginger with freckles and porcelain skin

And massive gums. Which she still has.

She also looked good in the fashion of the time which was sort of a younger, slouchy, brightly colored, carried-forward Annie Hall look. Suspenders like Annie wore, but looser and more colorful. The hats - all those Molly Ringwald hats. The slouchy blazers/suit jackets. The lacy long sleeved shirts with thumb holes. American adolescent girls wanted to be her.

But I would never know, seeing her on a screen today, that she is Molly Ringwald. Her jaw had protruded a little when she was younger and it gave her a little character. I think she had jaw realignment surgery to fix it and it took away her character, like Jennifer Grey’s nose job took her character away from her.

It was a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 74January 28, 2024 4:15 AM

The dress in the op is not for her.

by Anonymousreply 75January 28, 2024 4:17 AM

I doubt her hair was naturally reddish. I think it was colored.

by Anonymousreply 76January 28, 2024 4:27 AM

R74 Excellent summation analysis. I remember all the girls in school with the hats and the long Firenza sweaters with the V in the back. Longish flouncy or shorter above the knee. With high top chuck taylor or flat shoe. Maybe a granny boot or little elf boots. The peter pan type boot that all the cool girls had.

by Anonymousreply 77January 28, 2024 4:31 AM

r76 I really didn't think so as her complexion was always very pale with freckles, which usually coincides with red hair. However, i just looked it up and one result said she was born a brunette and her agent said she should color her hair as it would help her to stand out.

by Anonymousreply 78January 28, 2024 4:32 AM

R78 Thanks, I didn’t know that, it was just a guess. Because she really never had red hair, more of a plum color, which didn’t look natural, to me.

by Anonymousreply 79January 28, 2024 4:38 AM

R54 His death doesn't seem so long ago. I never cared for him as I've heard he was anti-gay. Molly seems out of place in that memorial tribute dressed in purple (when everyone else is in black). I hate the waves of black outfits we are stuck with for the past 30 years but I guess the tribute called for it.

by Anonymousreply 80January 28, 2024 5:00 AM

R54 Emilio was making his film The Way outside of the country in 2010, maybe that’s why he couldn’t be there.

by Anonymousreply 81January 28, 2024 5:15 AM

R81, he never gets together with the cast whenever they do retrospectives. I don’t even think he participated in the extras interviews on the anniversary DVD release for The Breakfast Club.

by Anonymousreply 82January 28, 2024 5:25 AM

That's too bad I'd like to hear what he had to say.

by Anonymousreply 83January 28, 2024 7:01 AM

Ringwald doesn't seem on the same sophisticated and elegant level as the other "Swans."

by Anonymousreply 84January 28, 2024 9:52 AM

Joanne Carson wasn’t very sophisticated nor elegant. She was rather plain and she stuck by Capote after the Swans dropped him because of his exposé.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 28, 2024 10:00 AM

[quote] I think it was colored.

Mamie, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 86January 28, 2024 1:59 PM

Ok, R85. Whatever

by Anonymousreply 87January 28, 2024 3:35 PM

R87 is a Molly hater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 28, 2024 3:39 PM

[quote] Ringwald doesn't seem on the same sophisticated and elegant level as the other "Swans."

Her character was not one of the Swans. She was just another rich woman Capote befriended who lived on the other coast.

by Anonymousreply 89January 28, 2024 3:41 PM

she speaks french, she sings, she's unstoppable

by Anonymousreply 90January 28, 2024 3:44 PM

Molly was THE icon of '80s Hollywood teen queens. She covered Time magazine, was in a trifecta of iconic films of the decade aimed at the teen set, and was up for several parts, which would have catapulted her into further success (Blue Velvet, Pretty Woman).

by Anonymousreply 91January 28, 2024 4:21 PM

Joanne Carson wasn't one of the Swans. I'm not criticizing her, but she was on the periphery and was friends with Capote. That didn't make her a Swan.

by Anonymousreply 92January 29, 2024 12:42 AM

I remember she was supposed to do a photo shoot with Lillian Gish and kept Gish waiting 3 hours then sent flowers and didn’t show at all.

by Anonymousreply 93January 29, 2024 4:35 AM

I'm somewhat surprised she hasn't tried more on Broadway. She was a young singer with her musician dad's Trad Jazz band. I imagine she learned a lot from him about being a good vocalist.

by Anonymousreply 94January 29, 2024 5:00 AM

You're talking about Moldy Ringworm, OP?

Woof.

Like an apple doll head left in the sun with the lips colored by a kid's crayon.

by Anonymousreply 95January 29, 2024 5:03 AM

r95 you were probably the kid who bullied others in school to feel better about themselves because your mom and/or dad (or other people) were constantly berating you for whatever reason.

Grow up and stop calling people names and bullying. I think it's okay for you to move out of that and try to be a better person without making others feel inferior.

by Anonymousreply 96January 29, 2024 5:07 AM

The bloated control freak at R96, so humane, so kind, so fat:

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Kanye, is that you??

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Oh, my God - Britney is among us!!

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Could it be....SATAN??

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Come on, between my guesses of Kanye, Satan and Britney, i had to have hit it on the head somewhere there.

Although the Lil Nas X was also a great choice. He's also a rabid attention ho.

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Um, excuse me r49. I went to the DMV to renew my driver's license on January 4th of this year (my birthday) and at least 3/4 or more of the people working there were white. Northern California/Bay Area here.

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Well, Teacake: you're WRONG.

This is in Northern California, an hour north of San Fransisco.

Shocking!! But you don't know it all the way you think you might.

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Sorry; i realize r52 Teacake was saying r49 was the asshole who thinks only minorities work at the DMV now.

Please accept my apologies.

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Um, i'm not sure why this (r55) posted on this thread...weird.

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Ok, i need to go to bed now. LOL.

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity r76 Santa Rosa. There is no DMV in the teeny tiny town of Bodega Bay.

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Bodega Bay is indeed the teeny tiny town on the coast where they filmed The Birds.

But there has never been a DMV there...it's far too small for that. There are only two DMVs in the entirety of Sonoma County: Santa Rosa and Petaluma.

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity Prepare for one of the top 10 most expensive rents in the country. The rental prices here are insane. It's really irritating, to be honest. I live in a 640 sf studio in Santa Rosa and pay $1745. That's considered a "bargain" around here, too.

10 Grand for whoever solves my identity r90 - there are cheaper places near to the Russian River area, although those are among the Redwoods and some areas don't get a ton of sun because of it. I'm about 35-40 minutes from the beach. Comparatively, places along the river are more like 15 or 20 minutes. Santa Rosa is about an hour from SF WITHOUT traffic; with traffic it can take up to an hour and 45 minutes, or if a very high traffic time, up to 2 hours. You learn to plan around that if it's important to you to go to the city. I rarely go to the city; maybe once every 2 years or so, or obviously when you want to fly out of SFO or OAK.

It's truly beautiful up here, and I like the weather a whole lot better than I did when i lived in LA and when I grew up in San Diego County. But, be aware, it does get scorching hot (high 90s to 100s) at least a good two or three weeks out of the year (at least). If you live near the river, that comes down about 10 degrees though. I enjoy having a change of seasons that I never really got down in Southern California. And i like the rain we get (as long as it's not a drought year).

My only real complaint is how insanely expensive rent is. And I'll never be able to buy a house unless my income increases significantly, i couple up with someone and we're a two income household, or i finally write the book i've always been supposedly meant to (according to family members).

What can you do?

by Anonymousreply 97January 29, 2024 5:49 AM

So how’s Molly Ringwald?

by Anonymousreply 98January 29, 2024 6:37 AM

r97 half of what you posted wasn't me, and no, i don't have a sock puppet nor even know how one one would accomplish that, nor would i care to know how.

Go to bed, baby.

by Anonymousreply 99January 29, 2024 7:20 AM

also, i'm not at all ashamed about what i posted. Good luck to you with your shaming others. if anything, you posting my post history showed me for someone who ISN'T a person that targets or is mean to others. THANKS!

by Anonymousreply 100January 29, 2024 7:28 AM

How is Chloe cocksuck a more elegant swan that Molly?

by Anonymousreply 101January 29, 2024 7:42 AM

R97 got into her granddaughter's bag of “generic Chuckles candy”

by Anonymousreply 102January 29, 2024 7:46 AM

Maybe 10 years ago or so, I saw Molly Ringwald in the national Broadway touring company of Sweet Charity. She was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 103January 29, 2024 7:50 AM

R97 Wrong thread?

by Anonymousreply 104January 29, 2024 11:32 PM

R97 needs to put the crack pipe down. #rememberwhitney

by Anonymousreply 105January 30, 2024 4:29 PM

She was annoying on “The Facts of Life” with her bowl cut and adenoidal voice. And then there was her singing and guitar playing… Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 106January 30, 2024 4:40 PM

Here's a campy, 90s B movie she starred in!

Here's what the 90s was like kids!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 30, 2024 4:42 PM

If "The Facts of Life" is your center of gravity for Molly Ringwald, you're saying more about yourself than you're saying about her.

by Anonymousreply 108January 30, 2024 4:45 PM

I would call her attractive, not beautiful, but to each his own. She is quite accomplished in many areas and not a famewhore so props for those.

by Anonymousreply 109January 30, 2024 5:48 PM

Office Killer was directed by Cindy Sherman. As an art fag I was so excited but then so let down.

Maybe worth another look, though.

by Anonymousreply 110January 31, 2024 1:49 AM

She should have realized the best man, the one who really loved her, was Duckie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 31, 2024 4:02 AM

R106 Yeah she was fucking busted on The Facts of Life. Bowl cut, corduroys, prairiecore long sleeve shirt.

by Anonymousreply 112January 31, 2024 4:15 AM

I don't love the name Molly. I know it was trendy for a while. Isn't it short for Margaret? Another name I don't love. I do like Meg or Maggie as a short form of Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 113February 3, 2024 5:48 PM

I wouldn’t call Molly Ringwald beautiful, then or now, but she’s attractive enough that many straight men would want to bed her (in her prime.)

by Anonymousreply 114February 3, 2024 7:44 PM

She smelled down there.

by Anonymousreply 115February 3, 2024 7:47 PM

No, R97 enjoyed the holier-than-thou hate-cunt who is the opposite of her claims.

Like the rest of us, impotent R102.

by Anonymousreply 116February 3, 2024 8:19 PM

I don't think I ever got a good sense of her personality.

90% of her personality is in that short hair cut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 3, 2024 8:50 PM

She needs to tone down the lip gloss. She isn’t16 anymore

by Anonymousreply 118February 5, 2024 10:50 PM

[quote] he never gets together with the cast whenever they do retrospectives. I don’t even think he participated in the extras interviews on the anniversary DVD release for The Breakfast Club.

I always had the impression that Emilio hated the whole 'Brat Pack' moniker they were all stuck with at the height of their careers. Ally Sheedy said it ruined the relationships that they had with each other. Every actor wants to be taken seriously and it seems being branded a teen idol or being associated with anything teen is the kiss of death for a long career. Emilio also comes from a family legacy the rest of them don't have. He doesn't need to show up to any reunions if he doesn't want to and he doesn't need the attention that Molly is obviously so desperate for. His father is Martin Sheen he never needed those guys to be a success.

by Anonymousreply 119February 6, 2024 5:28 AM

I don’t think Emilio being a nepo baby is his reason for ditching the BC reunions, I just think that he always wanted to be taken seriously, and to be known for more than just this point in his career. I’ve heard that he was always very focused and driven, and that he would be writing notes for screenplays during downtime while filming these Brat Pack movies.

I just remember him as the stocky blonde twink that he once was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 6, 2024 10:57 AM

^you just regurgitated every single point I made in the previous post and them dropped some pictures of Emilio from forty years ago. You're a useless unoriginal cunt R120

by Anonymousreply 121February 6, 2024 3:31 PM

Oh fuck off, R121, you putrid, gaping asshole. Emilio not showing up at BC reunions 30-40 years after the fact has zero to do with who he's related to, which was the point of your pathetic post.

by Anonymousreply 122February 6, 2024 10:00 PM

Good golly, Miss Molly. You sure missed the ball!

(as Joanne Carson, who actually did NOT go to the Black and white ball).

by Anonymousreply 123February 9, 2024 2:50 PM

She looked great on Morning Joe. Jon Cryer was on the show just before Molly. I wonder if they had a mini PIP reunion backstage.

by Anonymousreply 124February 9, 2024 3:24 PM

r124, that was a missed opportunity for the show. I would have loved to see that reunion.

And for those of you criticizing her looks on The Facts of Life, wtf is wrong with you? She was a little girl with zero control over what she looked like.

by Anonymousreply 125February 9, 2024 6:01 PM

I never understood her appeal.

by Anonymousreply 126February 10, 2024 1:33 AM

I like seeing her. She doesn't seem to have grown as an actress though.

by Anonymousreply 127February 11, 2024 12:23 AM

If you didn't see her appeal, you clearly didn't grow up in the 80s. She was the antithesis of what was considered "hot" at that time.

She was the manic pixie dream girl before it became a thing at that time. She was the opposite of what was considered hot, yet she was kind of hot in her own way.

I think you had to live through the 80s in your teens to really understand. Everyone wanted her. No guy wanted the chick that got plastered and would let every dude fuck her, then cut off her hair...whatever. There were hot blonde girls who were a dime a dozen, then there was Molly, who had substance and was different not just like all the blonde/tanned girls of that time.

by Anonymousreply 128February 11, 2024 12:32 AM

100%^

by Anonymousreply 129February 11, 2024 12:34 AM

She's really fun in the little Zac Posen film about the gowns he created for the B&W Ball characters. I love her sense of drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 11, 2024 12:37 AM

Jess Lange is at special guest star camp level now.

by Anonymousreply 131February 11, 2024 12:39 AM

[quote]she speaks french, she sings, she's unstoppable

She's unsinkable! The Unsinkable Molly

by Anonymousreply 132February 11, 2024 12:43 AM

Most girls aspired to be her and her stupidly ugly, yet so unique dress in Pretty in Pink. She was the face of that time.

I'm telling it from the front line.

by Anonymousreply 133February 11, 2024 12:47 AM

That qween Rex Reed in the 1980's once said-

Molly Ringwald with her CHEEZE DOODLE hair!

by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2024 12:51 AM

link r134

by Anonymousreply 135February 11, 2024 12:52 AM

I wish Molly had not messed with her jaw. She looks very strange now.

by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2024 12:53 AM

i don't think she's messed with her jaw. it's large and natural. it always was.

or am i not seeing recent pics with severe jaw shaving?

by Anonymousreply 137February 11, 2024 12:56 AM

The Fat Faced And Untalented Molly Ringwald

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 11, 2024 1:00 AM

I'm not going through that entire thread, r 138

I lived in Southern California during that period and Molly was the girl every girl wished they were.

Period. I'm not responding again. If you don't understand, you won't ever understand.

First Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

by Anonymousreply 139February 11, 2024 1:04 AM

R128 She was not a manic pixie girl.

by Anonymousreply 140February 11, 2024 1:05 AM

r140 shut your face. She was the girl all the guys went wild for and wasn't the normal hot girl and had quirks. Definition.

by Anonymousreply 141February 11, 2024 1:21 AM

“ Dunst embodies a character type I like to call The Manic Pixie Dream Girl (see Natalie Portman in Garden State for another prime example). The Manic Pixie Dream Girl exists solely in the fevered imaginations of sensitive writer-directors to teach broodingly soulful young men to embrace life and its infinite mysteries and adventures. The Manic Pixie Dream Girl is an all-or-nothing-proposition. Audiences either want to marry her instantly (despite The Manic Pixie Dream Girl being, you know, a fictional character) or they want to commit grievous bodily harm against them and their immediate family.”

That’s Zooey Deschanel in most of her movies. That’s not Molly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 11, 2024 2:58 AM

Whatever. She was the definition of the girl that the jock wouldn't go for...but would because she's quirky, interesting, different.

So he did go for her. She was interesting, different, quirky. That was the movie. She wasn't the typical princess at all.

by Anonymousreply 143February 11, 2024 6:20 AM

Molly Ringworm

by Anonymousreply 144February 11, 2024 6:22 AM

I knew her when we were both kids. She was a conceited bitch, but there was an undercurrent of insecurity. And she had insufferable stage parents.

Whoever told her tight red polyurethane showing lots of skin and pinching into back fat is a good look at 55....might not be her friend.

She's bright and has some culture, though, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 145February 11, 2024 11:11 AM

i wouldn't have recognized her to be honest. maybe because she covers her freckles.

by Anonymousreply 146February 11, 2024 11:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!