Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Waiting for Jason while Sonny & Nina's Marriage Disintegrates

Will Sonny and Nina get back together? Or is their marriage over after a mere three months, which is short even by soap standards? Who will Sonny move on to?

What about Drew and Carly? Will they survive the return from the dead of Jason Morgan?

And what secrets did Jason uncover on Cassadine Island while be was buried alive in those underground tunnels.

Are Joss and Adam the show's new teen supercouple? Or will Joss and Dex get back together?

Continue the Port Charles discussion here.

by Anonymousreply 600February 22, 2024 3:12 AM

Link to previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2024 9:07 PM

When Jason comes back is Drew out? Feels like Cameron was always a placeholder until Steve could return.

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2024 9:53 PM

R2 It's up in the air. Cameron's contract is apparently up this summer, however with the changing of the guard in regards to head writers, combined with Frank's influence possibly being stifled (Frank and Cameron are friends), he could very well be out soon.

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2024 10:45 PM

Unconfirmed rumor has Frank up next on the chopping block as EP.

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2024 11:30 PM

Who could they replace Frank with?

Don't say JFP.

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2024 11:38 PM

R5 😆 no, but since they're promoting an in-house writer along with a former writer, possibly someone familiar with GH or who's already there? Perhaps Wendy Riche 😁 or Gary Tomlin as EP instead of director, or any of the other producers already there under Frank?

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2024 12:14 AM

Wendy Riche is 74.

Gary Tomlin is 73.

Both seem past their prime for running the show at GH.

But Wendy Riche was dumped in favor of JFP in 2001. Is she even on good enough terms with ABC to come back to EP GH?

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2024 12:21 AM

R7 Lol was just speculating. True, she was fired in favor of Jill, however the people that were in charge when she was fired aren't there now, so you never know.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2024 12:23 AM

R7 In all seriousness it'll probably be one of the producers already there or someone from another show that has experience, since they don't seem too interested in hiring someone who's new to soaps. They seem invested in getting results now, how about Mal Young, formerly of Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2024 12:28 AM

For anyone who's never seen him before, here's incoming head writer Patrick Mulcahey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2024 12:40 AM

Damn! He's fine!

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2024 12:48 AM

In the previous thread, someone posted Patrick Mulcahey's soap writing resume.

On that resume, it said Mulcahey was head writer of GL in 1982. This is NOT correct.

Doug Marland was HW of GL in 1982. At the time, Mulcahey was only in his mid-to-late 20s and was working alongside Marland as his assistant, taking all sort of notes and keeping track of stories and plots.

As Mulcahey explained in his Locher Room interview, they had him there learning Marland's process and plans to he could take over in case Marland dropped dead on them, which is exactly what happened a decade later when Marland was at ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2024 12:59 AM

Patrick Mulcahey is a leather/BSDM daddy(unless I am confusing him with someone else)

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2024 1:00 AM

Yes, that's Patrick. Very open about being into leather and a BSDM daddy.

And yes, Mulcahey is a gay man. Doesn't hide it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2024 1:03 AM

R12 That was a typo from a listing if his credits. I started it by saying he worked under Douglas Marland before that part, however yes in 1982 it was Douglas Marland as head writer, who was head writer from 1980-1982 followed by Pat Falken-Smith in 1982, then and L. Virginia Browne & Gene Palumbo from 1982-1983

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2024 2:02 AM

If Frank isn't going to be in charge anymore, along with the writers possibly getting more control over their storylines, Patrick might be open to bringing back Jacob Young as Lucky (going back to their time together working at B&B), since Frank didn't want anyone else playing Lucky, except for Jonathan Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2024 2:14 AM

Patrick Mulcahey is a fascinating choice as HW.

He's good at working with a co-head writer and/or writing team but his real strength is writing dialogue. He wrote some of the most flawless dialogue for various actors on GL and during his time on Santa Barbara.

I loathe B&B but he wrote a few notable scenes there too, including the scene where Katie told slutty sister Brooke off after Brooke took Katie's husband......he just has a wonderful ear for it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2024 3:14 AM

Frank kept GH alive for the last 12 years, kudos for that. But between this and his run at OLTL he's been at it for 20+ years. Might be time for a rest.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2024 3:31 AM

R17 Agreed. Although Elizabeth Korte's promotion is being met with mixed reviews, the same can't be said for Patrick, for there is primarily enthusiasm from fans in regards to which direction he's planning to go. Some are saying that Michele val Jean should've came back with him as part of a co-head writing team, with Elizabeth Korte still in her role as associate head writer, while others want Michele as the new associate head writer. Nancy Lee Grahn, who's thrilled about Patrick returning, tweeted Michele, stating that all they needed was her back to make everything complete.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2024 4:15 AM

R18 Definitely kept GH afloat and saved it from cancellation (with Ron), safe from moving to the Online Network and/or streaming exclusively on Hulu/DisneyPlus. He hasn't responded to the regime change (as of this writing) which has many convinced that the rumors about this being a network choice and not his, are true.

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2024 4:19 AM

Lucas might have a better chance of returning now too, whether or not Ryan Carnes wants to get back into the grind of daytime is the question, although some are suggesting another recast (Peter Porte from Y&R/DOOL was mentioned by some fans as a possible replacement for Ryan Carnes)

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2024 4:23 AM

R11 That photo of Mulcahey has to be more than a dozen years old now. You can find that same photo used in articles and speaking engagement bios about him as far back as 2011. He's 70-years old now. Datalounge hot?

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2024 7:12 AM

Carly came on as a villain SJB brought a vulnerability that made her complex and more an anti heroine. TPTB transitioned the character into the shows leading lady and it worked with TB in the role. She was strong, passionate, flawed and had the grace to be a complex female lead. They insist on making Carly the lead but it hasn’t worked for me with LW. Could be the writing. Maybe if Carly owned her villainess side or was more of a supporting character but as it is now it’s a major flaw with this show. Please no Jarly or Carson reunion until they fix this! I’d take back TB or SJB or even someone new in a heart beat. If nothing else for a character reset.

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2024 11:15 AM

Ugh, with Elizabeth Korte at the helm it's going to be even more so The Snarly Show.

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2024 2:26 PM

I hope this all works out, but you can change the writers only so many times, before you have to start looking at what (who) else could be the problem.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2024 2:36 PM

R23 Perfect assessment. Patrick Mulcahey helped developed Carly and he was more fascinated by the character under Sarah Joy Brown's portrayal. It remains to be seen how he'll feel about Laura Wright in the role. LA revealed that Jill Farren Phelps told her to stop trying to mimic the other actresses who portrayed Carly (or something to that effect) and to make the role more of her own. Since LW doesn't seem to play well unless she's playing herself, that could be a reason why Carly's a carbon copy of her. They insist on making her the lead, yet she's constantly lying and scheming with a smug look on her face and justification for her actions, not to mention constant propping from other people, yet she never pays for her mistakes and she's always right.

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2024 3:14 PM

R24 Absolutely 😁

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2024 3:14 PM

R25 Definitely which is why Frank is rumored to be out soon

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2024 3:15 PM

R25 Allegedly they've already stripped him of certain powers, which includes firing his boys Chris and Dan. This is apparently the first writing change since Frank's been there that he wasn't directly involved in, for (Ron Carlivati 2/21/12-10/5/15; Jean Passanante & Shelly Altman 10/6/15-10/6/17; Shelly Altman & Chris Van Etten 10/9/17-10/28/19; Chris Van Etten 10/29/19-3/?/24 and the temps/producers 7/25/23-12/15/23) were all him.

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2024 3:21 PM

At R29 that should read Chris Van Etten & Dan O'Connor from10/29/19-3/?/24

by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2024 3:23 PM

At R26 it should say LW revealed that JFP told her to stop trying to mimic the other actresses who played Carly and to make the role her own.

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2024 3:26 PM

Didn't Jacob Young trash B&B after he was written out? Who does he think he is, Tony Geary? I don't think that is a quality TPTB at soaps look for in their potential hires. Coby Ryan McLaughlin should have kept his mouth shut too and perhaps he would have had a shot as a recast Nikolas after a shave and some sprucing up.

Whatever the case, Jonathan Jackson, Kimberly McCullough and even Kirsten Storms with her BJ heart are all replaceable at this point and should be recast.

by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2024 4:16 PM

Christmas/Holiday themed weeks gave them a ratings increase (which also coincided with the original writers' post striking penned shows first airing onscreen). They dwindled in the weeks after Thanksgiving/before Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2024 5:23 PM

R32 Jacob Young trashed them? Oh wow didn't know that. I know he was campaigning hard for them to bring him back, well he wants to jump back into soaps period. He'd probably be open to returning as Lucky even though Becky would love for Greg to come back and Frank prefers Jonathan Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2024 5:25 PM

New rumor has Frank as the one who threw Chris and Dan under the bus because he's under surveillance. Allegedly he got used to them being absent when they were out striking and was contemplating getting rid of them once they returned. He gave them one last chance to pitch their story ideas to him, in an effort to turn the show around as the powers that be have instructed, yet when they presented him the story for Jason's return, it was considered botched, so they were fired and the return story is now being completely rewritten.

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2024 5:29 PM

[quote]yet when they presented him the story for Jason's return, it was considered botched, so they were fired and the return story is now being completely rewritten.

If that's true, then sounds like Jason won't be returning on Feb. 2 as someone suggested on the previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 36January 23, 2024 5:32 PM

R36 I suggested that as a guess yesterday before this new rumor came to light.

by Anonymousreply 37January 23, 2024 5:52 PM

I’d take Gina Tognoni in as new Carly I don’t think LW has chemistry with the male characters they insist on having her interact with.

by Anonymousreply 38January 23, 2024 5:56 PM

I'm surprised Laura Wright isn't campaigning to get Wes Ramsey cast as the NuLucky.

by Anonymousreply 39January 23, 2024 6:00 PM

R38 She's really not well received 😁 she has her fans, I suppose who can be considered fraus 😆but there's a loud portion of the audience who prefer Sarah, Tamara or even Gina. Ironically Gina was almost cast as Carly in 2001 when SJB first decided to quit, Jill wanted Gina or Robin Christopher, although the network was against it (primarily because they were both so recognizable as Kelly and Skye)

by Anonymousreply 40January 23, 2024 6:12 PM

Has Mo or NLG commented? They usually love to grandstand when things like this go down.

by Anonymousreply 41January 23, 2024 6:13 PM

R39 She desperately wants him back on. She's complained about him not getting a second chance character like others.

by Anonymousreply 42January 23, 2024 6:14 PM

R43 Nancy is ecstatic about Patrick (they have history, going back to their Santa Barbara days) and wants Michele val Jean to come back aboard as well. Elizabeth Korte isn't particularly fond of Alexis, but Patrick will be there to balance it out for Nancy. Ironically Elizabeth Korte wasn't always big on Sonny; while Patrick wasn't exactly keen on writing for him either. When Maurice demanded that Sonny/Carly pairing after Vanessa quit, Guza cosigned on it, while Korte was against it, voicing her concerns that the two of them didn't exactly fit together.

by Anonymousreply 43January 23, 2024 6:19 PM

What I'm wondering is if they were hired separately and pitched separately or if they were hired together as a writing duo and pitched together. I also wonder if anyone else was under consideration. I have to wonder what kinds of stories they plan to tell. I have to be honest, I know that Patrick is great at dialogue and breakdowns, but - what is a Patrick Mulcahey story? I believe Korte knows the history of the show. Will she be telling stories based in history?

by Anonymousreply 44January 23, 2024 6:37 PM

R44 yep....I don't know that PM is great at long range story. He IS good at dialogue and adding shadings to characters.

by Anonymousreply 45January 23, 2024 7:00 PM

Love Patrick, but his brief tenure as HW at GL in the mid 1990s was unspectacular.

by Anonymousreply 46January 23, 2024 7:16 PM

r38

I thought that the only person had real chemistry with was Jax

r39

He would be all wrong for Lucky BUT if that did happen, I bet cousins Lucky and Carly would be besties

by Anonymousreply 47January 23, 2024 7:21 PM

R44 One rumor is that Patrick Mulcahey was considered by Frank and the network as a replacement for Chris & Dan, not with Elizabeth Korte, although Frank seemed to be more interested in him as a long-term hire, for Frank typically hires writers with plans to keep them for years. The network, on the other hand, is seemingly only keeping them in the interim for now, on a trial basis.

Elizabeth Korte was apparently promoted separately since she's essentially been an acting head writer, although she has long stated how she prefers to not be the actual head writer, since she's comfortable in her other writing roles. She was most likely hired to assist Patrick or any other head writer they would've hired, seeing how this would be her 30th year employed at GH. Unless she's changed her mind, she's not willing to be the head writer long-term, based on her always being against it (except for her one and only stint as head writer with Michele val Jean from Jan/Feb-Apr 2001)

Haven't seen anything about who else they had under consideration, although interestingly enough, Frank wanted Lorraine Broderick as his first choice for head writer when he migrated from a cancelled OLTL. Lorraine wasn't willing to hw GH so Ron came in as his second choice (Frank also wanted to demote Ron as hw in favor of Gary Tomlin, during the 2007-2008 writer's strike, yet Brian Frons was able to keep Ron as hw- and it was Frons who wanted Ron as hw of GH with Frank as EP)

An example of a Patrick Mulcahey story are Maya being revealed as a transsexual and her romance with Rick, along with her whole family being introduced, the Avant's on B&B. You share similar doubts about his abilities as a hw with others who have said that he's a great dialogue writer, but Korte could possibly help to balance things out. Patrick wants to focus more on romance and family. He's also big on interracial love stories, and the Cassadine's (Stefan was one of his favorites to write) so Spencer & Trina are right up his alley.

Yes Korte seems to have been hired based on her extensive knowledge of the shows history (her very first assignment for two years was dealing with continuity between scripts) and she has been the associate head writer for 15/16 years. Lucky Gold has been mentioned by fans as their choice for hw. Carly and Jason are a history based couple that she would like to revisit (which Laura Wright also wants) yet the network was initially considering Sam and Jason. Steve Burton apparently is against playing triangles, however the network is seemingly on a trajectory towards doing what they want to do, not kowtowing necessarily to what the actors, or what Frank wants.

by Anonymousreply 48January 23, 2024 9:40 PM

Having a hard time imagining Lorraine Broderick as HW of GH. It's not her type of show. She only lasted a few months as HW of Days back in the late 2000s.

GH should get Michelle Val Jean back. Unfortunately, Michelle was fired when Ron became HW, although I've never heard exactly why she was fired.

by Anonymousreply 49January 23, 2024 9:57 PM

“Steve Burton apparently is against playing triangles,”

What a dedicated performer, so glad he’s coming back

by Anonymousreply 50January 23, 2024 10:43 PM

I say screw Carly and Sam….And give us Liason!!!

by Anonymousreply 51January 23, 2024 11:05 PM

r51

I would be ok with that

by Anonymousreply 52January 23, 2024 11:08 PM

R44 According to more rumors, Elizabeth Korte was promoted to head writer after Chris and Dan were fired. She was initially listed as interim because they weren't exactly sure if they could land Patrick Mulcahey, who's apparently their primary choice, so they were going to have her in the position until they hired permanent writers. Patrick agreeing to sign on means that they now both might be permanent, or for Elizabeth Korte, it could be at least until they find someone else to place with Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 53January 24, 2024 1:52 AM

R49 😆 IA GH is definitely not Lorraine Broderick's type of show and neither was DOOL lol I think that out of all the remaining shows, the one that suits her style of writing most would be Y&R, although she seems more interested in anything but another stint as a head writer.

If I'm not mistaken, Frank fired Michele val Jean and the majority of the writing team that were under Garin Wolf and Shelly Altman when he came in, in favor of replacing them with OLTL underlings. He also did the exact same thing with the GH musical directors, replacing them with OLTL transplants.

by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2024 1:58 AM

R50 Gotta love him and the rest of those egos over there right 😆

by Anonymousreply 55January 24, 2024 2:00 AM

I watched GH today. First, can I say that I can't stand how Michael Easton scrunches his mouth together after every sentence. It's an extremely annoying and unattractive habit. Second, he's a bad actor. Third, the actors who play Portia and Curtis are both so beautiful, but there isn't an ounce of sexual chemistry between them. They feel like brother and sister. Where is the sizzle?

by Anonymousreply 56January 24, 2024 2:04 AM

My issues with GH remain the same. It looks great and the acting is top notch. The main problem is that nothing else make much sense to me. Why must Carly always win? Why can't they find something interesting for Elizabeth? Am I the only one completely oblivious to this supposed amazing chemistry between Spencer and Trina? Why is Michael so freaking dull? Why is Willow still alive? Why does that horse keep showing up?

by Anonymousreply 57January 24, 2024 2:11 AM

Be nice to see the show focus on Elizabeth a true complicated heroine. Plus RH is a beautiful long term vet who has chemistry with everyone. Aren’t heroines the leading ladies of a soap? If they insist on keeping Sam and Kelly Monaco then make her interesting and use her. Unpopular but she was her best was she was more of a bad girl. Like Livie. Sam as she is now is bland. Maybe a recast Robin since these characters are the right age to be the shows leading ladies….

Sideline Nina and Carly. Keep Ava but make her a force to reckon with again! Do we still need Alexis? I like all the older vets - Anna, Lucy, Felicia, Laura, Tracy …the “younger” not so young set - Maxie, Brooklyn, Willow, Sasha needs work. Could benefit from Lulu’s return!

by Anonymousreply 58January 24, 2024 2:21 AM

If the Brooklyn actress doesn't want to do love scenes then she has no business being on a soap. And now she's pregnant again so back to her daily blazer uniform. No love scenes and she dresses like Johnny Cash. The last actress who had back-to-back pregnancies and maternity leave (Sabrina) got strangled to death by the guy from Desperate Housewives but I don't suppose Frank would do that to one of his OLTL pets.

by Anonymousreply 59January 24, 2024 2:29 AM

Here’s NAC, very tan and scantily clad while shooting Ryan Murphy’s Murder Hunks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 24, 2024 4:23 AM

Adam auditioned for Nik when Marcus CoIoma did and CoIoma got the job. He also auditioned for Shiloh. Mark Teschner kept him in mind after that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 24, 2024 5:10 PM

Adam Huss seems like a nice guy and his living room looks cozy.

by Anonymousreply 62January 24, 2024 9:43 PM

I'd like to get cozy on Adam Huss' hairy cock

by Anonymousreply 63January 24, 2024 9:43 PM

[quote] The last actress who had back-to-back pregnancies and maternity leave (Sabrina) got strangled to death by the guy from Desperate Housewives

A story that wasted two good actors, including one legacy character.

by Anonymousreply 64January 24, 2024 9:44 PM

good god, I have no memory of this hair disaster!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 24, 2024 11:11 PM

R56 Finn, Violet, Gregory could all be out if Frank is fired, for they are some of his faves. Chase would probably be the remaining member of their family left, however Josh Swickard was "allegedly" hesitant about re-signing with a long-term deal, for he's rumored to be unhappy his role.

by Anonymousreply 66January 25, 2024 10:55 AM

R56 Donnell Turner being a germaphobe might contribute to that as well. Remember he isn't into kissing scenes, saying how he shouldn't have to kiss every actress he works with, so Frank lets him get away with that.

by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2024 10:58 AM

R57 😆 On the surface it looks interesting, however, on the inside, it's pretty vapid lol

I know your questions are rhetorical lol but explanation just for the sake of explaining:

Carly must always win because of Elizabeth Korte. Guza, granted, started it with Jason, Sonny and Carly always winning, however he cared more about Jason and Sonny than Carly. Korte ensured Carly must always win right along with them, so that hierarchy was established. Even if there's a Carly losing scenario pitched, Korte either changes it or won't allow it to proceed for a drawn out time.

Elizabeth isn't a favorite. Frank never really cared for her unless he was using her to prop Franco or Finn or any other character he adores (like Violet). Becky Herbst is so shy and quiet (she's been known to "hideout" in her dressing room on set) that she really isn't the type to speak up and say anything (except for when Frank was trying to lowball her, during her contract negotiations in 2016; Frank was expecting her to leave and he already had a recast lined up just in case, in Melissa Archer or Bree Williamson (although Melissa was more of the frontrunner; remember Bree showed up months after as Claudette) while DAYS was waiting for Becky to leave GH as well (and join them as Abigail)

Spencer and Trina were more of a big deal when Sydney Mikayla was playing Trina; others have stated that Tabyana isn't a strong enough actress since NAC is more talented, so he's pretty much saddled with "carrying" their scenes. They have some fans, obviously, except there's a fan base Spencer and Esme have built as well. There's also some who don't want Spencer with either of them.

Michael is dull because Maurice has control over how Michael is written. The writers have danced with Michael either being part of the mob (well Drew Garrett's version) and a full Quartermaine, yet Maurice is extremely protective over his character. Maurice is starting to be less controlling apparently because "contract for Josh Benard" is heavily on his agenda. He's determined to have his son on fulltime

Willow is another Frank fave and since she's Michael's wife, Elizabeth Korte automatically likes her as well. Chris & Dan adore her too, although if Frank is out, she could be let go too, but they might not want to leave Nina without any on-screen children (Korte, obviously, isn't a fan of Nina's, however Patrick Mulcahey helped create and develop Annie Dutton at GL under Cynthia Watros, and she has a fan base at GH. Korte prefers Anna with Valentin, so if its up to her, they will reunite somehow, instead of a Valentina reunion)

The horse is there 😆 because Frank allowed it

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2024 11:30 AM

R58 True. Typically a heroine is supposed to be the lead but not on GH at least not anymore since Carly is the lead. Brenda would've been the lead, only had Vanessa stayed (but she never wanted to stay there for too long, understandably so, with no desire to ever return)

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2024 11:36 AM

R59 Rumor is its also her husband who is against her having love scenes, right along with her. Her pregnancy is still unconfirmed isn't it, or has she confirmed? In any event, yes she refuses to do any love scenes and her Uncle Frank respects her decision. She's another one that possibly could be on her way out if Frank is let go, even if it means Brook-Lynn being recast. She dresses like Johnny Cash 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2024 11:42 AM

R61 He could get a contract if Frank is out. The only time Frank apparently considered giving him one was when Marcus Coloma refused to get vaxxed.

by Anonymousreply 71January 25, 2024 11:45 AM

R64 Who's the legacy character? Frank got rid of Sabrina because he wanted Nelle on contract, so he had to stay within budget by letting Sabrina go and essentially giving her four-year contract to Nelle. Of course he had to wait until she was back from any maternity leaves so that strangulation Sabrina suffered from could've been passive-aggressive R59 😆

by Anonymousreply 72January 25, 2024 11:49 AM

R65 He looks like a boy band member but one from before 2010

by Anonymousreply 73January 25, 2024 11:50 AM

I don't understand actors who get into soaps and then have no love scenes or no kissing clauses. Makes zero sense to me. This has happened on other soaps as well, mostly revolving around religious nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 74January 25, 2024 12:29 PM

Interesting facts about Patrick Mulcahey:

His husband's name is also Patrick Mulcahey

One of his first writing assignments at GH was the infamous "Clink Boom" episode where Brenda married Jax at the exact moment Sonny's pregnant wife Lily entered the limousine that exploded

When he was young, his parents had him institutionalized for being gay

by Anonymousreply 75January 25, 2024 5:05 PM

[quote]Who's the legacy character?

Paul Hornsby. They turned him into a serial killer who offed Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 76January 26, 2024 1:00 AM

R76 Right lol Paul's legacy was definitely ruined, character assassination at its finest. I thought you were referring to Sabrina as a legacy character because of her connection to her cousin Juan 😆

by Anonymousreply 77January 26, 2024 1:07 PM

There are two pregnancy stories planned (unless Patrick Mulcahey & Elizabeth Korte change everything, of course) with Kristina's/TJ/Molly's obviously the first one and Brook-Lynn/Chase, Sam/Dante, Elizabeth/Finn as the other top guesses. Now rumors are Trina/Spencer are the couple who Chris & Dan had in mind to have a baby, conceived in Paris. Trina would find herself unexpectedly expecting once Spencer disappears, after leaving her a letter informing her that he's reuniting with his father & brother. However, while Kristina & Trina both give birth, only one of their babies will make it. This is all subject to change, if this is the story.

by Anonymousreply 78January 26, 2024 1:16 PM

There was a rumor that Molly would die in a car accident leaving Kirstina and TJ to fight over the baby. Now that would be interesting and different so that probably won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 79January 26, 2024 1:24 PM

R79 I've heard that rumor lol interestingly enough, it was pushed by a portion of fans who wanted the writers to have Molly cause an accident similarly to Haley Pullos, in an art imitating life type of way. Some wanted to ensure that Molly was definitively killed off so Haley couldn't ever return to GH.

by Anonymousreply 80January 26, 2024 1:40 PM

Frank, if he's still EP, is apparently open to bringing Haley back should she avoid jail time. That's one of the reasons why fans think Frank purposely hired Molly's (Holiday Mia Kriegel, Brooke Anne Smith, Kristen Vaganos) that wouldn't catch on, in an effort to make Haley's potential return more acceptable. However, Kristen hasn't seemingly received the same negative backlash as Holiday or Brooke Anne.

by Anonymousreply 81January 26, 2024 1:49 PM

Molly is an inherently annoying and useless character, but Kristen V is better than Haley ever was.

by Anonymousreply 82January 26, 2024 3:03 PM

I don't follow Mo but he does come up in my feed. He's promoting that he's interviewing his "friend" Caroline on his next show. His good friend, CAROLYN Hennesy, LOL. Last time she was on his show she slipped into the conversation that Mo is the only actor who goes to writers' meetings. He's too egotistical to realize she was slyly outing him and his power on the show. That being said, I was surprised to learn CAROLYN is a MAGAT.

by Anonymousreply 83January 26, 2024 5:39 PM

I'm sure the writers love having Mo sitting in the meeting offering his input on every story point.

Wonder who first gave Mo that much power. Brian Frons or JFP?

by Anonymousreply 84January 26, 2024 6:00 PM

I keep hearing that Carolyn is MAGA but not seeing any evidence. Also she’s friends with NLG.

by Anonymousreply 85January 26, 2024 6:11 PM

Carolyn's name came up when Ingo was whining about being persecuted for his political beliefs and people were listing names of those on the show who are also republicans and not complaining of persecution. She obviously got vaccinated and wasn't one of the hold outs. But who knows really if she isn't vocal.

by Anonymousreply 86January 26, 2024 6:22 PM

I'm trying to picture the always opinionated Patrick Mulcahey as HW sitting there as Maurice stutters through his critique of the story ideas.

by Anonymousreply 87January 26, 2024 6:31 PM

R84 If I'm not mistaken, that started with Frank, after Ron was fired. Frons, Guza and JFP gave Maurice so much leeway that I suppose he felt that he trusted their judgement, so it wasn't necessary.

Right after Jean & Shelly took Ron's place, Frank started kissing up to Maurice more than usual, for he saw firsthand how vindictive Maurice can be when he can't get his way. Frank seemed concerned that Maurice would organize a similar mutiny to get him fired like Maurice did with Ron, so that's most likely when the sitting in meetings regularly started. (i

If it was with Guza/Phelps, it was probably only when they needed his input for the bipolar storylines, like when the writers/producers occasionally sit with actors for certain personal storylines, but not in the manner that Maurice is sitting in with them now, like he's part of the writing team himself.

Jean & Shelly really wanted to recast Morgan after Bryan Craig asked Frank to let him out of his contract early. Frank was fine with recasting, until Maurice voiced his opinion, stating that they should just kill Morgan, because he wasn't interested in a recast. This was after Jean & Shelly had been there as head writers for a year, which is also about how long Maurice had made himself comfortable as a member of the writing team.

by Anonymousreply 88January 26, 2024 10:40 PM

According to rumors, between 1/31-2/02, something occurs that will anger and shock fans (possibly two separate instances, with the anger on 1/31 and the shock on 2/02) although this could just be fanfic.

Many are guessing that's when Spencer leaves Trina to join his father and brother, while others are speculating that he eventually returns Ace to Esme and the three of them head off together, leaving Trina out in the cold.

by Anonymousreply 89January 27, 2024 5:40 PM

More rumors floating around: Spencer's presumed dead with the role eventually being recast since it's not looking good for GH in regards to NAC re-signing his contract, even if its only for another year with plenty of outs and a significant increase in pay.

ABC/Disney is considering moving GH to one of its streaming services, so this is a last ditch effort to save GH as a network serial, with the writing regime (and possibly executive producer) alterations

by Anonymousreply 90January 27, 2024 8:21 PM

I don’t see how the show sells Spencer willingly leaving Trina for anything at this point, let alone Esme. I’m assuming Esme’s causes Spencer’s presumed death in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 91January 27, 2024 8:38 PM

I don't blame NAC for not extending for an extra year. I believe it was in the last thread someone mentioned that NAC hasn't worshipped at the altar of Mo and if that's true, then it's probably not a friendly environment for him and with SB returning it will get even worse. If I recall correctly, the point made was that in Mo's interview with Chad they both mentioned "younger" ones not showing the proper respect and that they were referring to NAC. Maybe NAC didn't want to pick up any bad acting habits from Mo such as sputtering and stilted reciting of what's on cue cards. Mo forgets his lines at least once per episode and his ad libbing is so obvious and not smooth at all.

On the flip side, Adam Huss said his scene with Nik, Spencer and Ace had a lot of ad libbing as the baby jumped the gun wanting to go to Nik and they didn't miss a beat, very smooth scene.

by Anonymousreply 92January 27, 2024 8:39 PM

R91 I agree, that's something being perpetuated by non-Sprina fans who desperately want Spencer either with Esme, or as far away from Trina as possible (or both). Seems to be wishful thinking, for that scenario to remotely make any sense, Spencer shouldn't have learned that Esme was faking her continued lapse of memory, or they should've just kept her amnesiac

by Anonymousreply 93January 27, 2024 8:52 PM

R92 Right NAC has apparently "disrespected" Maurice 😁 by refusing to accept his offers of mentorship and isn't up his ass like practically everyone else, so the rumors of him "checking out" and just biding his time, waiting to get out of his contract are more than likely true. Maurice and Chad were definitely talking about NAC and their combined resentment of him showed. Maurice is fueling his son to be the "next star" of the show at all costs, even if it means sacrificing Sonny/Nina, according to rumors, for he wants Joshua to be in the limelight that is currently occupied by NAC

by Anonymousreply 94January 27, 2024 9:00 PM

Benevolent Mo offering to mentor everyone, LOL. The B.J. actress told Michael Fairman Mo offered to mentor her and she was only there a couple of days. He really does think he's God's gift to acting.

Kate Mansi knows how to play the game. She did Mo's show and Steve's show and praised them both to high heaven. The Trina actress made her own life easier and did Mo's show too.

by Anonymousreply 95January 27, 2024 9:08 PM

If they’re gonna go the nepo route, he should play one of Sonny’s sons or innumerable other relatives to capitalize on the resemblance.

That said, sonny does not need a new relative. He should have played Morgan or Rocco or something.

by Anonymousreply 96January 27, 2024 9:09 PM

If they are going to hire relatives then I want them to hire Genie's husband.

by Anonymousreply 97January 27, 2024 9:11 PM

Make it so.

by Anonymousreply 98January 27, 2024 9:22 PM

R95 Wait, what 😆😆 he offered to mentor Brighton Hertford? Yes he really needs to get over himself lol

Agreed, Kate Mansi and Tabyana Ali are playing their cards right. It's sort of a shame that they have to go this route lol however sometimes you have to get along to go along. NAC never really intended to stay there that long anyway so Maurice isn't of any concern to him 😂

by Anonymousreply 99January 27, 2024 9:40 PM

R96 I honestly think they're going to somehow have him related to Sonny, once he's on contract. There's a few women who could have had a baby with Sonny off screen, including Brenda; then there's also the baby boy Claudia lost with him, while Carly/Jax were pregnant with Josslyn. Not to mention that Ric could be his father, or Courtney could've possibly had a "twin" when she had Spencer (even though he was born onscreen). For all we know, Maurice could also prefer that Joshua himself play Spencer once NAC leaves 😈 wouldn't put it past him 😁

by Anonymousreply 100January 27, 2024 9:47 PM

Mini Mo is a pretty good little 19-year-old actor but he couldn’t replace NAC’s lightbulbs. Not a lot of leading man energy (or looks) on that kid.

by Anonymousreply 101January 27, 2024 10:18 PM

R101 😆😆 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 102January 27, 2024 11:02 PM

I am aware of that r101. Have tptb received the same memo?

by Anonymousreply 103January 27, 2024 11:05 PM

[quote]Right NAC has apparently "disrespected" Maurice 😁 by refusing to accept his offers of mentorship and isn't up his ass like practically everyone else

And yet, NAC won a daytime Emmy on his very first nomination on material from his very first year on the show.

Without any help from Mo.

by Anonymousreply 104January 28, 2024 2:58 AM

Ian has aged well. Looks like Rebecca Budig is on the Ozempic train. Is that Jane?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 28, 2024 1:35 PM

R105 Sure is

by Anonymousreply 106January 28, 2024 4:44 PM

It's tough for breakouts like NAC. The people who are stuck on the show, or who feel they are stuck on the show almost always resent the breakouts. That can't be a fun set for him right now, especially if he's not kissing the ring.

by Anonymousreply 107January 29, 2024 12:25 AM

Vanessa Marcil is rumored to be considering another return as Brenda, or a recast Brenda could show up if she isn't interested.

Vinessa Antoine was asked if she would be interested in reprising her role as Jordan, she stated that she would say yes, only if GH asked her to return.

by Anonymousreply 108January 29, 2024 12:32 AM

While I would love if Brenda returned, none of her friends are in town... No Robin, No Jax... Is Lois still around? Brenda and Sonny did not have that spark last time

by Anonymousreply 109January 29, 2024 12:40 AM

R107 Completely agree. There are instances where actors who feel they are somehow "stuck on soaps" harbor resentment towards younger actors who are on a trajectory leading them in the direction of prime-time and film success. Maurice tried his luck after he left All My Children with only minor success before landing on GH, then again when he left GH for about a year (1997-1998) only to return after being unable to successfully navigate a career outside of soaps, after numerous auditions. It had to be a huge blow to his ego whenever he tried to offer NAC mentorship (so he could say he knew him when, once NAC becomes a household name) yet NAC refused his services. Tony Geary, like others here have mentioned, had that same "mentorship" mentality with younger actors. Tony's disdain for having to return to soaps was also evident as well.

by Anonymousreply 110January 29, 2024 12:47 AM

At least NAC is pretty much free from all of this backstage drama and the Trina/Esme fan wars.

by Anonymousreply 111January 29, 2024 12:55 AM

R109 Lois was intended to only stick around throughout the holiday season, however Frank kept her in town. Now that Patrick is onboard, some are speculating that she'll be there even longer (from their shared history at B&B)

by Anonymousreply 112January 29, 2024 1:00 AM

Maybe Lois can be the next one to get amnesia so we can lose the accent. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 113January 29, 2024 1:54 AM

I’d like Brenda back. Not a recast. I’d take a recast Robin. This time maybe don’t push Brenda on Sonny and on all of us. Let it organically happen that she makes new friendships and possibly finds a new love (Nikolas?). I would expect Lois to stick around if VM was indeed returning.

by Anonymousreply 114January 29, 2024 1:58 AM

NAC is the hot young thing. He does nothing for me. Bryan Craig was also the hot young thing. Did even less for me. He left for greener pastures….Look how that turned out….its a flash in the pan and most come crawling back. Even super talented Jonathan Jackson wasn’t able to do much outside of GH.

by Anonymousreply 115January 29, 2024 2:00 AM

Rena Sofer initially said she was only staying through Christmas, but now I have to think they’ll keep her around until Chase and Brook Lynn’s wedding.

by Anonymousreply 116January 29, 2024 2:07 AM

R115 Hmmm interesting points. Jonathan Jackson is apparently in some sort of religious cult, so I'm wondering if that had any impact on his career. He mentioned how hard it was to keep up with the changing pace of daytime during his return stints, unlike the 90's, when it was easier for him. He did ask to come back though, leading them to get rid of Greg Vaughan, while Bryan Craig also asked to come back, although he wasn't so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 117January 29, 2024 3:28 AM

R115 Bryan Craig regularly works in primetime, just now wrapping a series-regular role on Good Trouble. Jonathan Jackson did 6 seasons on Nashville before apparently focusing on more, um, ecclesiastical interests.

I don’t think anyone is saying NAC is the next Tom Cruise, but any reasonable advisor would tell him to go see what’s out there for him right now.

by Anonymousreply 118January 29, 2024 5:19 AM

I wonder who Eden McCoy has as her benefactor?

Seriously.....no disrespect intended (and I know her mom died) but there have been so many news stories on Deadline and TVLine about her taking time off, and now about her coming back. She's a B or C level cast member, not a main character, so someone somewhere is really trying to Make Eden McCoy Happen.

by Anonymousreply 119January 29, 2024 3:32 PM

I predict Esme confronts Spencer and Trina on their boat ride on the Siene. Esme tries to throw Trina overboard, Spencer intervenes and both he and Esme go overboard and are presumed dead and Spencer is then the HERO for saving Trina's life.

Spencer can come back alive when they recast. Esme's twin can show up in PC looking for her family if they want to keep the actress who they stupidly wrote into a corner. Would actually make sense for Esme to have a twin since her father Ryan was a twin.

Would also make sense for Britt to have a twin since twins run in the family, cousin Nina had twins. That would be a way to bring Kelly T. back. KT took a big risk walking away from a steady paycheck as a 40-year-old actress as opposed to NAC in his early 20s.

by Anonymousreply 120January 29, 2024 3:44 PM

The driver Haley Pullos crashed into is also suing the nightclub where she worked as a hostess because they let her leave drunk. As per the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 121January 29, 2024 5:30 PM

Erika Slezak's daughter died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 29, 2024 9:07 PM

Very sad news for Erika.

by Anonymousreply 123January 29, 2024 9:28 PM

Very sad news

She was 42. So, Erika Slezak would have been pregnant with her in 1981. This is the pregnancy that Christine Jones filled in as Viki while Slezak was out.

by Anonymousreply 124January 29, 2024 10:04 PM

R119 She’s gotten Deadline articles because of tweets. ABC PR is doing that for her. They got a SOD writer suspended for calling her “Mini Cujo” because it “blurs the lines between real and fiction.”

by Anonymousreply 125January 29, 2024 10:50 PM

R118 You misunderstood. I'm not advocating for NAC to stay at GH, I think it would suit him to spread his wings and see what else is out there. If he were to stay, that supposed one-year deal with various outs along with a significant increase would suffice, since he can still take breaks to film outside projects like the one he's doing now.

I'm aware that Jonathan Jackson did Nashville, although that didn't occur until after he asked GH if he could return, which led them to firing Greg Vaughan, who still had a year and four months left on his four-year contract. Jonathan left GH after two years then ended up on Nashville after that.

Same with Bryan Craig, when he wasn't able to secure regular employment, outside of charging fans for memorabilia or conversations, he continued lobbying to get his job back on GH, only for Frank to turn him down.

Jonathan hasn't wanted to return since Nashville (Frank and Ron were able to get him back short-term for the Jake return) while Bryan hasn't seemed interested in returning anymore either. I was referring to them both asking to come back before landing the permanent prime-time gigs you mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 126January 30, 2024 1:03 AM

R118 My mistake, I mistakenly thought you were responding to me, but that was for R115 which is not me 😆 my apologies, disregard R126

by Anonymousreply 127January 30, 2024 1:07 AM

R119 Frank, maybe? 😁 Or someone else at ABC/Disney who wants her promoted as the next big thing, especially if they're not a fan of the Trina/Spencer coupling

by Anonymousreply 128January 30, 2024 1:10 AM

R121 That's terrible. R.I.P to her, Erika's husband has had health battles so she's really been going through a lot.

by Anonymousreply 129January 30, 2024 1:12 AM

That’s horrible and so sad. I hate hearing “sudden death” News. Really seems to be plaguing the soap community.

by Anonymousreply 130January 30, 2024 1:14 AM

Erika is also experiencing health issues.

by Anonymousreply 131January 30, 2024 1:15 AM

R125 Suspended for referring to her as Mimi Cujo 😆 😆 so sensitive. That's hardly even insulting enough to even warrant a suspension, pretty excessive

by Anonymousreply 132January 30, 2024 1:15 AM

Ally Mills' late husband Orson Bean wrote columns for Breitbart News. I wonder if that means Ally is a magat.

by Anonymousreply 133January 31, 2024 1:03 AM

NAC's last on air appearance is tomorrow -- Wednesday, January 31.

Wonder how they're going to write out Spencer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 31, 2024 1:15 AM

David Gail is DEAD TO ME. He played Joe Scanlon #2 on Port Charles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 31, 2024 2:06 AM

R133 Yes, Alley and Orson were MAGAts, big time. I think Orson was on the QAnon wagon.

by Anonymousreply 136January 31, 2024 3:39 AM

R134 Rumored to be presumed dead. They supposedly had it narrowed down to either Spencer "dying" or writing a goodbye letter to Trina, so he could join Nikolas and Ace. Also, Spencer's exit was supposed to occur while Jason returned, for the rumor claimed that you can't gain something while letting something else go. While Spencer's exit is 1/31, Jason's return was rumored to be 2/2, now that's seemingly not the case, since SB isn't filming (apparently his return was placed on hold after Chris & Dan's planned return story for him was trashed and they were "allegedly" fired shortly after presenting that as one of their big stories)

by Anonymousreply 137January 31, 2024 3:51 AM

NAC reportedly still hasn't decided if he'll return full-time (in another contract cycle, at least for one year) or if he'll just return to wrap up the remaining cycle of his current contract. Rumors are he's apparently done and is ready to get out of Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 138January 31, 2024 3:54 AM

R135 So sad, RIP to him. Just lost Frank Scanlon actor not too long ago, now Joe

by Anonymousreply 139January 31, 2024 3:58 AM

At 137 original rumor was in order to make something reappear (Jason) you first have to make something disappear (Spencer)

by Anonymousreply 140January 31, 2024 4:00 AM

r139 Jay Picket died in July 2021 at age 60. He played Frank Scanlon on Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 141January 31, 2024 4:34 AM

R141 Well that's not too long ago imo. Both instances are sad.

by Anonymousreply 142January 31, 2024 5:58 AM

On a brighter note, Rib Hillis from Port Charles' is married to Jessica Morris (Jennifer Rappaport, OLTL). Jessica was almost Courtney Matthews on GH after Alicia Leigh Willis quit, when they were planning to recast.

by Anonymousreply 143January 31, 2024 6:00 AM

Only Frank would think it’s an even trade to lose a 24-year-old powerhouse with cum gutters and cheekbones of death, and get a leathery, unvaxxed 50-year-old who owes $10k/month in child support in return, R137 / R140 😂

by Anonymousreply 144January 31, 2024 6:01 AM

Also how are they going to explain Jason’s hideous sleeve tattoo when he’s been buried under rubble for 2.5 years.

by Anonymousreply 145January 31, 2024 6:02 AM

R144 😆 in Frank's defense, he apparently wasn't the one who signed off on Steve coming back as a way to soften the blow of NAC vacating, that's more on the network/Nathan Varni who wanted Steve back and were under the impression that it'll somehow make up for NAC's absence.

by Anonymousreply 146January 31, 2024 6:04 AM

R145 A tattoo from his captors, perhaps? 😁

by Anonymousreply 147January 31, 2024 6:05 AM

Elizabeth is going to have a surprise visitor at her door soon

by Anonymousreply 148January 31, 2024 6:13 AM

Dex being on the chopping block also seems to be a network decision. Frank has apparently been stripped somewhat of his authority, for the network wants to get the show back on track, by bringing back lapsed viewers, with very familiar faces. An apparent "unexpected return" is also in the works (some are guessing Brenda, unless this is another one, right along with her)

by Anonymousreply 149January 31, 2024 6:14 AM

Steve Burton is also rumored to film scenes with someone that the audience wouldn't expect

by Anonymousreply 150January 31, 2024 6:40 AM

New characters are expected to arrive, with a focus on strengthening the younger set (most likely under Patrick Mulcahey/Elizabeth Korte; Patrick wants to focus on families first)

by Anonymousreply 151January 31, 2024 9:11 AM

r148

so is Laura

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 31, 2024 9:12 AM

Even though today's the day, latest rumor has Spencer being perceived dead by everyone, yet Nikolas is staging his death to keep him away from Esme (and to keep him with Nikolas and Ace)

by Anonymousreply 153January 31, 2024 9:13 AM

R133 Just to add to what R136 wrote, campaign records show that Orson donated a lot to the Win Red and the National Republican Committee PACS, as well as Trump himself. He also sent money to McTurtle; so he probably handled such things for the two of them. But a couple of stand outs for Alley herself is that she donated to Marco Rubio when he was running as well as fellow soap actress and Trumpster Kimberlin Brown when she tried and failed to win a California congressional seat.

by Anonymousreply 154January 31, 2024 9:15 AM

R152 😁 thnx. Laura's is sooner than Elizabeth's

by Anonymousreply 155January 31, 2024 9:16 AM

[quote]Steve Burton is also rumored to film scenes with someone that the audience wouldn't expect

Monica?

Tracy?

Ned?

by Anonymousreply 156January 31, 2024 10:41 PM

Is Steve filming with his new long lost son Dex?

by Anonymousreply 157January 31, 2024 10:55 PM

Is the Morgan rumor true? Could it be Britt?

by Anonymousreply 158January 31, 2024 11:16 PM

R156 😆 eventually he has to

by Anonymousreply 159February 1, 2024 12:19 AM

R157 You think he's Jason's?

R158 Rumors are still unconfirmed on both

by Anonymousreply 160February 1, 2024 12:20 AM

The Carlylingus on display in today’s episode was truly revolting, and that shoulder-padded pink blazer made her look like a rejected extra from Grease 2.

by Anonymousreply 161February 1, 2024 2:19 AM

R161 Revolting 😆 notice that this was an Elizabeth Korte penned episode today, along with Emily Culliton and Scott Sickles,, however if it's an episode featuring Carly, with Korte listed as a writer, it's always written in Carly's favor, since she's Korte's personal favorite.

In her position as associate head writer, she would always edit scripts from the other writers as much as she possibly could, for Carly's benefit. Just imagine what's going to happen once the Korte storylines as head writer come into fruition. It's probably going to be even more scenes like this, "The Carly Spencer Show" on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 162February 1, 2024 3:43 AM

NAC is going to be missed by a lot of fans (even if he returns, it's only to honor the remainder of his contract) for he and Avery Pohl, imo, are the best younger actors on the show. Joshua Benard is practically right there with them, even if his father is too much😊have to give credit where credit is due. Tabyana is likeable, however she still has a long way to go. Eden is too much like LW, while Evan is somewhat improving, although he still has some traits of the obviously, originally designated eye candy role he was hired to play 😁

NAC comes off perfectly as a troubled young wealthy kid, while AP is fantastic as a mentally unstable orphan. She's somewhat reminiscent of Robin Mattson as a young Heather Webber, a great combination of her and Jon Lindstrom's Ryan Chamberlain. Apparently, the network/Nathan Varni want a stronger younger set, so if they insist on recasting Spencer, hopefully he'll be just as good as NAC.

by Anonymousreply 163February 1, 2024 4:04 AM

Daytime Emmys has eliminated the "Outstanding Younger Performer" category.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 1, 2024 3:20 PM

Jophielle Love would like to speak to the manager.

by Anonymousreply 165February 1, 2024 5:09 PM

[quote]so if they insist on recasting Spencer, hopefully he'll be just as good as NAC.

That's what people said after Rick Hearst left Guiding Light and after Nathan Fillion left One Life to Live. And they were sorely disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 166February 1, 2024 5:35 PM

If the Young Performer category is gone, that means NAC and Eden McCoy were the last two people to win it.

by Anonymousreply 167February 1, 2024 5:36 PM

Very dumb to get rid of the category. Soaps used to be a place to spot up-and-coming talent, and the supporting awards always just go to the vets.

by Anonymousreply 168February 1, 2024 8:07 PM

Adam Huss in the Locher Room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169February 1, 2024 8:34 PM

Nice of Alan not to read the comment about Adam curling his upper lip as Nik but it's true. Adam needs to stop doing that with this lip, he didn't do it when he first filled in when he was holding Esme hostage.

by Anonymousreply 170February 1, 2024 9:13 PM

at least until March to see Jason I would think

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 1, 2024 9:31 PM

Kristen Alderson (OG Kiki) had a baby. Her boyfriend looks like Kaley Cuoco's boyfriend from GL whose name I can't remember right now.

by Anonymousreply 172February 1, 2024 10:45 PM

Links are hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 1, 2024 10:50 PM

Looky here, Mr. Snarky Pants @ r173. I'm doing the best I can with two dachshunds in my lap who insist upon helping me type.

by Anonymousreply 174February 1, 2024 10:56 PM

Mr. Snarky Pants would be a great name for a dachsund. : )

by Anonymousreply 175February 1, 2024 10:59 PM

Wow, Bovina's man is not bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 176February 1, 2024 11:37 PM

Avery Pohl officially out. Not a surprise, but a loss for the show. She has real chops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 2, 2024 3:09 AM

Yet another storyline unresolved by the exiting writers. How apropos.

by Anonymousreply 178February 2, 2024 8:54 AM

Avery Pohl is a good actress, wish her well. She has options. She's also a stunt woman and when she was on Steve's show she said she was working on her business degree and very close to getting it.

by Anonymousreply 179February 2, 2024 10:38 AM

Chris & Dan are huge Esme fans and were instrumental in keeping her on so long. Esme also has a big fan base, however the network/Nathan Varni are overriding anything they personally feel isn't working, so if they want a particular actor out, then the writers don't have a choice but to oblige. Chris & Dan would have, at the very least, brought Esme back, if it weren't for any network interference.

by Anonymousreply 180February 2, 2024 12:40 PM

R165 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 181February 2, 2024 12:48 PM

R166 Excellent observation 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 182February 2, 2024 12:51 PM

R167 Pretty ironic, although Eden was up against two boys who can clearly act, so I'm wondering if they cancelled each other out, or if favoritism merely played a factor in Eden's favor (and to spare her any embarrassment from losing out to a little boy)

by Anonymousreply 183February 2, 2024 12:54 PM

R168 Completely agree. They should've never even separated the category anyway by making it gender neutral; if it isn't broke, why fix it

by Anonymousreply 184February 2, 2024 12:56 PM

R171 Yeah roughly mid-March, since his return is being handled under the new head writers, with their material first airing in March as well. He was supposed to start filming in January initially, until Chris & Dan's planned return story for him was scrapped.

by Anonymousreply 185February 2, 2024 12:58 PM

R172 Tom Pelphrey. He had quite a few women fighting over him at Guiding Light, including Laura Wright 😂 😂 he also almost played Dante on GH, until he turned it down at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 186February 2, 2024 1:00 PM

Pelphrey literally had women losing their shit over him at GL. Tearing up dressing rooms and everything.

He must have the Dick of Death or something.

by Anonymousreply 187February 2, 2024 1:34 PM

Enjoyed Adam Huss' Locher Room interview. His father, brothers and uncle all police officers plus he's from an Italian family, that's quite the coming out challenge. He looked very handsome in his wedding photo although I did raise an eyebrow at needing parents to help with paying for wedding in his 40s. I realize acting is a feast or famine type career like sales but don't most actors have side gigs in other industries to keep them afloat? None of my business, I know, just keeping the pointless bitchery DL tradition going.

by Anonymousreply 188February 2, 2024 2:29 PM

Huss is certainly hotter than Coloma

by Anonymousreply 189February 2, 2024 2:58 PM

Oh definitely way hotter than Coloma and infinitely more talented.

by Anonymousreply 190February 2, 2024 3:03 PM

I hope this is true and he's gone. I don't find him appealing and someone at ABC needs to have the balls to put the kibosh on sputtering Mo's control over this show. Of course, Dex actor is sucking up to the son in the article. So many long-term characters that need a storyline, not this unnecessary nepo newbie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 2, 2024 4:25 PM

Calling it now - Adam (because the actor is Mo's spawn) will exit in glory, as Lois discovers him and gets him a recording contract.

(Honestly, I find him more pleasant to watch than his dad, but he's...extraneous)

by Anonymousreply 192February 2, 2024 6:58 PM

Two separate comments about today, Friday's, show:

Interesting recast and nice ending, very nice ending.

by Anonymousreply 193February 2, 2024 7:46 PM

I'm turned off by Cyrus since he cut his hair, shaved and wears casual clothes.

He needs to at least grow back the beard and start wearing suits again. Perhaps when he debuts as a televangelist he will wear a shiny new suit.

by Anonymousreply 194February 2, 2024 8:36 PM

R193 Very interesting recast indeed and a very nice ending. Since it obviously wasn't Jason as the surprise return today, it was Jagger of all people, except he looks nothing like Antonio Sabato Jr. They could've at least found someone closer to the original, imo for it's especially jarring since ASJ kept asking them if he could return for the longest, practically begging, only for him to constantly get turned down.

by Anonymousreply 195February 2, 2024 10:05 PM

R187 Without a doubt 😆 😆 those were interesting times at Guiding Light for him. If he would've accepted the role of Dante then there would've been two dicks of death as with him and Chad

by Anonymousreply 196February 2, 2024 10:08 PM

NuJagger actor is handsome, they just need to tame the Kody from Sister Wives hair and he will look good although still quite a departure from the OG.

They kept turning down ASJ? Too bad, so sad. Thoughts and prayers and all that jazz.

by Anonymousreply 197February 2, 2024 10:10 PM

R191 It's starting to look like those rumors are true about the network/Nathan Varni placing restrictions on Frank and the actors, writers by letting them know who's really steering the ship because Maurice, under Frank, was angling heavily to have Joshua placed on contract and was almost there 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 198February 2, 2024 10:12 PM

R197 He's attractive, he just has a different look than Antonio. I didn't mean it as disrespect to the actor, it's just always interesting when shows don't even try to cast someone closer to the original. Frank probably isn't in charge of casting anymore either, for I think he might've found someone who looked more like Chase, imo

Yes they continuously turned Antonio down, around the time Frank and Ron first started. Rumors were his vocal political stance played into it, while another rumor was that Maurice didn't want him back. I remember he dipped into politics before heading to Florida and working at a construction company, if I'm not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 199February 2, 2024 10:18 PM

The new writers material should start airing somewhere around the beginning of Spring.

by Anonymousreply 200February 2, 2024 10:20 PM

X is saying Jordi Vilasuso should have been NuJagger and this NuJagger guy should have been a NuJax. Can they even re-cast Jax what with whiny Ingo's on-going futile litigation?

by Anonymousreply 201February 2, 2024 10:35 PM

Esme does not have a big fanbase R180. You’re funny.

Avery Pohl was wasted on bad writing. They took the character too far, too fast then settled her with that big-headed baby. How stupid. She was desperately needed in the young adult set.

Sad to see tempJosslyn leave. She played her much softer than LW’s mini-me who returned today.

There’s a rumor a brainwashed Jason is the one targeting Sonny. That’s an easy way to explain the tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 202February 2, 2024 10:39 PM

Looks like NuJagger might be a little payback from Frank for this recent little exchange between ASJ and Ingo calling for Frank's firing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203February 2, 2024 10:59 PM

R201 Good question. They probably would be helping his case if they did recast, for they made a reference to Jax being written out before the vax situation occurred, so recasting would give him reason to think it was personal and not character driven.

by Anonymousreply 204February 2, 2024 11:23 PM

R202 Esme is popular among the fraus who are anti-Sprina, also with anti-Sprina fans who aren't necessarily fraus, she's also been lauded for her acting. Of course she has an anti-Esme group out there too, but there are people who wanted her to stay, while others are saying they felt the network got rid of her because Spencer left, meaning that she was disposable or only served a purpose to torment Spencer and Trina. They're out there though, a lot of them felt Trina came between Spencer and Esme.

Esme was definitely written into a corner by the writers, who were actually her biggest fans (Chris & Dan, especially Chris, felt that Esme was a newer version of Nelle, who he also loved). TempJoss was pretty good, a stark contrast to Eden who is mimicking LW on a regular basis. Heard that rumor about Jason too, before that it was Lorenzo and/or Morgan targeting him. Fans are pointing out that Steve Burton sometimes throws jabs at Maurice on his podcast and vice versa, leading many to think their friendship isn't as "sunny" as it used to be (especially before Steve's divorce drama)

by Anonymousreply 205February 2, 2024 11:35 PM

R203 Good investigating 😁 😁 Frank is petty enough to do that. He could've suggested that Chris & Dan bring Jagger back before they were fired (what's airing on-screen now was written roughly in October/November)

by Anonymousreply 206February 2, 2024 11:41 PM

Is Cameron coming back with a girlfriend in tow?

by Anonymousreply 207February 2, 2024 11:42 PM

R207 Originally he was supposed to, no word yet if she'll be joining him or not since this is supposed to be a short-term visit

by Anonymousreply 208February 2, 2024 11:44 PM

Cam was only supposed to be back for visits. He was supposed to show up back in summer but WL was busy with his band. A girlfriend was never on the script for him.

by Anonymousreply 209February 2, 2024 11:57 PM

Why wouldn’t they be able to recast Jax, R201? Ingo doesn’t own that character. What is Paul Leyden up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 210February 2, 2024 11:58 PM

R210 They're referring to his ongoing litigation with the show, who claimed that one of the main reasons why Jax was let go had to do with the show no longer having any stories for him

by Anonymousreply 211February 3, 2024 12:05 AM

R209 You're referring to a different visit. Cam was rumored to return again after that, when Aiden I believe mentioned Cam and his new girlfriend during the Halloween episodes

by Anonymousreply 212February 3, 2024 12:06 AM

R213 Your theory seems true 😆 the scenes with NuJagger were filmed on January 17th and added in with the rest of the show that was taped last year. Fans are pointing out that Frank made an effort to have Jagger added in (with the network's approval) and recast after the exchange between Antonio and Ingo 😁

by Anonymousreply 213February 3, 2024 12:35 AM

Now people are suggesting Dex is Jagger's son and that he lied about his upbringing

by Anonymousreply 214February 3, 2024 12:36 AM

Am I the only one who thought that Mo's kid looked like he didn't shower every day? And I never bought the rumor that Maurice was trying to get him a contract. My guess is that he would never push his son to soaps unless it was to get a SAG card or material for a reel for primetime, streaming, and film auditions.

by Anonymousreply 215February 3, 2024 12:41 AM

Mo said on his show that his son is "the next James Dean".

by Anonymousreply 216February 3, 2024 12:48 AM

Michael Sutton would've probably been much better as a Jagger recast since Frank's goal is to troll 😆 except his luxury real estate career seems to take precedent over acting, plus Michael and Antonio are still friends lol so he probably would've said no anyway

by Anonymousreply 217February 3, 2024 1:18 AM

R216 Right he did didn't he 😆 now they're spinning it that Joshua has school so no time for GH along with it was always short-term anyway 😁

by Anonymousreply 218February 3, 2024 1:20 AM

Interesting that they pulled a (sort of) Blair with the new Jagger e.g. taking a role originally played by a dark haired Italian and recasting with a tall blond guy.

by Anonymousreply 219February 3, 2024 1:20 AM

R219 Pretty much lol

by Anonymousreply 220February 3, 2024 1:22 AM

R219 There's some saying that already with others saying "no it's not the same thing" around the net lol

by Anonymousreply 221February 3, 2024 1:23 AM

Also people are saying that this one won't stick and that they're going to have another situation of "Revolving Molly's" with Jagger

by Anonymousreply 222February 3, 2024 1:25 AM

They didn't change his race, just his hair color.

by Anonymousreply 223February 3, 2024 1:25 AM

Who is the new Jagger intended for? Liz, I hope. Sasha, perhaps. Carly, probably. (After everybody figures out Drew suffered brain damage from his beating in prison, which is making him act more aggressively.)

by Anonymousreply 224February 3, 2024 12:05 PM

I'd take a nuJagger/Cody combination.

by Anonymousreply 225February 3, 2024 12:05 PM

R224 No one really knows yet, although everyone you mentioned has also been speculated by fans yesterday. Jagger wàs trending with mixed reviews (some were impressed with him, while others were disappointed)

by Anonymousreply 226February 3, 2024 12:54 PM

R225 Would you welcome back NuEthan for a three-way?

by Anonymousreply 227February 3, 2024 12:56 PM

There's rumors that GH is planning to beef up it's doctor staff. Sarah Webber is rumored to be one of the ones making a return (a third Sarah, more than likely)

by Anonymousreply 228February 3, 2024 1:00 PM

Antonio Sabato Jr. made two videos on his Instagram today, explaining "The Truth" since he's been "bombarded by fans with questions about GH"

by Anonymousreply 229February 3, 2024 1:02 PM

Antonio's video, "The Truth" in cliff notes for you guys who don't want to watch:

*Says he's busy training to get back into race car driving, that he has different careers, including acting, with a movie coming out soon (also mentioned that he'll be 52 at the end of the month- he didn't reference the exact date, but he's a Pisces, leap year baby 2/29/72)

*Created Jagger with Wendy Riche and the writers in 1992 (Jagger was there from 1992-1994/1995)

*Fans have been asking him, from all over the world, practically everyday, if he's coming back to GH

*Made it clear that he's not begging to come back, that he never begs for anything

*Says in 30 years, he was never asked back to GH (he never referenced his stint on GH: Night Shift) and that ABC/GH know where to find him

*Says that they started this new character named John, who they don't even call Jagger, because they know that the character has only been played by him

*Jagger was created by him, is part of his life, part of his soul, that he gave everything he had to the character and that he still would

*Says people have told him he ruined his career based on his political views, but he shouldn't be hired on that, he should be hired on merit

*Says that if someone is voting for Biden, he wouldn't really want to work with them either, although he would since he never mentions politics at work

*Says if the producers didn't want to hire him because of his political views, that "shows who you really are"

*Says "he's guessing" it's because of his political views and that the producer (Frank, who he never mentioned by name, this time) just doesn't like him

*Says GH can still bring him back, if they're smart enough, because he can bring the show to number one like he did before. Also says he's that confident because he knows his fans

*Says that now all of a sudden the press is calling him asking his opinion, but where were they before, since not even a week ago, no one from the press was contacting him, so its for selfish reasons

*Says that Jagger is him, they can change him up, give him a different look, but it'll never be him- just like Mick Jagger, you can't really replace either one

*Thanked his fans, says it goes back to Jagger, then personalized a message directly to ABC/GH except his internet connection froze before he could get out what he was trying to say

*Says that if anyone from GH sees his video, which he knows they will, they know the right thing to do

*Says they're not gonna get rid of him, no matter what

(The second video, titled "Ciao" was moreso meant as a motivational video to his fans, not necessarily about GH- he made a couple references, but it was just more of the same from his first video)

by Anonymousreply 230February 3, 2024 2:00 PM

Thanks, r230. He reeks of desperation and delusion.

by Anonymousreply 231February 3, 2024 2:11 PM

R231 😆 You're welcome. He actually omitted how he kept asking Frank to bring him back for years, yet Frank constantly ignored him, so he probably sees Frank being fired as a reentry to GH

by Anonymousreply 232February 3, 2024 2:23 PM

Just out of curiosity, how has he held up over the years? Is he still camera ready?

by Anonymousreply 233February 3, 2024 2:25 PM

If I recall correctly, Antonio and Chachi were going start their own production company and make religious movies or something along those lines in response to Hollywood being so mean and unfair to them. Whatever came of that?

by Anonymousreply 234February 3, 2024 2:48 PM

R233 He actually still looks pretty good and has also stayed in decent shape. He was working out while he made those videos.

by Anonymousreply 235February 3, 2024 2:50 PM

I'm not sure the argument that someone was fired or not hired because of their political beliefs holds any water on soaps. Soap sets are hotbeds of MAGA. I know that some of you more progressive fans don't want to hear it, but a lot of your faves are big time MAGA, they're just smart enough to not announce it on their social media. There are plenty of progressive people, but, in spite of the material, soap sets have always trended more conservative. One set in the 90s used to have regular Bible study groups and prayer circles.

by Anonymousreply 236February 3, 2024 3:00 PM

R234 Looks like it's barely hanging on, without any mentions of Scott Baio, so he might've pulled out. Any links to ConFlix Studios aka "Conservative Flix" direct site are either broken or in use by another company, although their Twitter/X page is still up

by Anonymousreply 237February 3, 2024 3:02 PM

R236 You're right but I think it's a little deeper than that when it comes to Antonio, he seems extremely far-right to the point that people could be under the impression that he has some issues with homosexuality, so if that's the case, then it wouldn't sit well at GH with a gay executive producer/gay writers. I'm not accusing Antonio of being anti-gay or openly homophobic, but usually extreme "Christian Conservative" views sometimes are bordering on homophobia, they just try to hide it like people are stupid and don't know their underlying meaning. He also has spoken about being "blacklisted" by Hollywood, which primarily led him to starting his own conservative studio, so I'm wondering if there's more going on behind the scenes besides just "loving Trump."

I should also mention that there have been gay rumors about Antonio back in his early days, similar to Austin Peck (although Austin somewhat gave himself away in an interview before) who is also "really conservative." A lot of men who have dabbled in this lifestyle tend to become extremely conservative when they get older as a way to somewhat "atone for their sexuality" (of course not all conservative men are closet cases, but there sure is a lot of them who are)

by Anonymousreply 238February 3, 2024 3:18 PM

r23

how did Austin Peck give himself away?

by Anonymousreply 239February 3, 2024 3:49 PM

The mother of the twins that play Ace posted about how thoughtful, compassionate and prioritizing safety Adam Huss is with the kids. That was nice of her and says a lot about him.

by Anonymousreply 240February 3, 2024 4:51 PM

R239 There was an old interview, shortly after he first joined Days, mid-late 90's, where they were discussing bisexuality and he didn't want to answer, or he gave some sort of vague answer, as if to not self incriminate himself. Someone mentioned in it in one of the Days threads before as well, except they remembered it better than I could (they actually were how I was able to remember what little that I do, by referencing it first)

by Anonymousreply 241February 3, 2024 5:21 PM

I could’ve sworn ASJ, SK and the OG Karen actress were in one of those religious films together.

Anyways, re: Mo’s kid, I’m sure Frank is already sucking dick for his Guest Appearance Daytime Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 242February 3, 2024 5:57 PM

R242 That sounds pretty familiar, maybe it was unreleased? The only one that I could find was a film called "Trail Blazers" a western directed by Antonio which he also starred in, along with Sean Kanan and Cari Shayne (original Karen). Rounding out their cast was also Ronn Moss, Winsor Harmon, Lorenzo Lamas, Scott Baio, Stacey Dash, Robert Wagner, Tito Ortiz, Kristy Swanson, Costas Mandylor, David Chokachi and Michael Dudikoff, Kevin Sorbo, Robert Davi Dean Cain, among others. Unless this is the actual film itself, I've never seen it

Definitely can see Frank and Maurice campaigning for Adam in an effort to have him win that "elusive" Outstanding Guest Performer Emmy. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually find a way to get him back on the show, since he's "too busy with school" for now 😆😆

by Anonymousreply 243February 3, 2024 6:44 PM

Must've been a real stretch for Joshua Benard to play a character with a controlling asshole for a father.

by Anonymousreply 244February 3, 2024 7:26 PM

I think they made Jagger blonde to differentiate him from another NuNikolas

by Anonymousreply 245February 4, 2024 12:35 AM

So many better choices for a Jagger recast. Like that’s he’s back but I’m here for the Michael Sutton casting choice. Always wondered why they never brought him back.

by Anonymousreply 246February 4, 2024 5:47 AM

The actor who plays Jagger looks so much better with short hair, he is on an ep of Parks and Rec on comedy central right now

by Anonymousreply 247February 4, 2024 12:29 PM

I enjoy Ian Buchanan's Sunday Twitter/X posts of beautiful flowers.

On a side note, I wish I had a green thumb. I can't grow plants or flower beds to save my life. I have to pay people to do it so the exterior of my house doesn't look dreary. My mother was an excellent gardener but I didn't inherit the trait.

by Anonymousreply 248February 4, 2024 7:02 PM

Unpopular but I’d have preferred Sabato jr

by Anonymousreply 249February 4, 2024 8:59 PM

I don't think that should be an unpopular opinion R249. If the original actor is available, can handle the material, and is camera ready, why not bring him back.

by Anonymousreply 250February 4, 2024 9:12 PM

Antonio sure was pretty to look at, but wasn't much of an actor.

by Anonymousreply 251February 5, 2024 2:35 AM

Antonio was in the same acting league as Ronn Moss and Drake Hogestyn.

by Anonymousreply 252February 5, 2024 4:42 AM

Some are complaining about Spencer having a funeral when he's not actually deceased

by Anonymousreply 253February 5, 2024 5:37 PM

Steve Burton's first airdate is scheduled for March 4th, save the date 😁 make sure to mark your calendars

by Anonymousreply 254February 5, 2024 5:38 PM

As already mentioned here, rumors have Jason as Sonny's apparent shooter

by Anonymousreply 255February 5, 2024 5:40 PM

R244 😆 😆 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 256February 5, 2024 5:40 PM

R246 Definitely. All the former soap actors out there or even newbies who have done episodic work would've made more sense, especially someone who at least has some similarities to Antonio. The recast has an extensive acting resume, however he just seems like he would've been better off playing a completely different character

by Anonymousreply 257February 5, 2024 5:46 PM

R248 Same here. My mother is an exceptional gardener while I'm definitely not 😁😁 she loves decorating her flower bed, everything that goes along with making it look nice. Landscaping is like second nature to her.

by Anonymousreply 258February 5, 2024 5:49 PM

R249 No it's not an unpopular opinion, some just don't like his stance on politics and are referring to him as a Trump loving asshole, along with his conservative views however there are plenty of people who are voicing their disappointment with the recast.

R250 right except you know how petty Frank can be, but I feel like they would've brought back some of the lapsed viewers their desperately seeking by asking Antonio back. Politics aside, he actually still has fans from the 90's who miss his version of Jagger

by Anonymousreply 259February 5, 2024 5:56 PM

R251 Very True 😁

R252 That's an accurate assessment 😁 I'd like to throw in Patrick Muldoon and Austin Peck? There's others too lol I think they used to call them "hair models" (Bill Bell probably started that term, iirc)

by Anonymousreply 260February 5, 2024 6:02 PM

NuJagger actor Adam Harrington seems like a nice enough guy and is just happy to be there, he even tagged Antonio, but a lot of fans are still unhappy, saying he's not cute enough, his features aren't dark, etc.

by Anonymousreply 261February 5, 2024 6:06 PM

Rumor has a couple reuniting only to be "written out of town" which has some guessing (and seemingly hoping) it would be Maxie and Spinelli, however its leaning towards Scott and Lucy

by Anonymousreply 262February 5, 2024 6:16 PM

Frank and the producers/temps were "allegedly" planning to have a one-night stand between Anna and Sonny, Nina and Valentin in somewhat of a couple swap. When C & D/Korte returned, they were rumored to have been leading up to a Sonny/Ava affair and possibly a Nina/Valentin redux as well, which is playing out on-screen. Now that C & D are leaving, Mulcahey/Korte might not go in that direction, especially since Korte loves Anna and Valentin.

by Anonymousreply 263February 5, 2024 6:21 PM

Lucy and Scott leaving? How will we know if it's true what with Kin's semi-annual hysterical announcements that he's been written out? Is he a drunk or what?

by Anonymousreply 264February 5, 2024 6:26 PM

R265 Probably not permanently, just seen less than they are now. They're rumored to have a love scene coming up before they leave, but it's not clear if it's C & D writing them out or PM/EK. Lol not sure if he's a drunk but that could have something to do with his outbursts 😁

by Anonymousreply 265February 5, 2024 6:47 PM

I like Spixie reuniting and leaving. Don’t think Scotty and Lucy are enough of mainstay players to be written off. Feel like they just come and go…

Anna and Sonny or Ava and Sonny? Both feel like good options and fresh storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 266February 5, 2024 7:38 PM

Is it to pay for Steve Burton?

by Anonymousreply 267February 5, 2024 7:47 PM

Wasn't he making over $10K an episode?

by Anonymousreply 268February 5, 2024 7:47 PM

To pay for Steve they need to get rid of a contract player not a recurring. I bet KStorms makes a nice salary after all these years, send her packing. The born-again virgin actress who plays Brook Lyn who is on contract can go too, she has no business being on a soap if she doesn't want to do love scenes and all she wears is boring matronly blazers.

by Anonymousreply 269February 5, 2024 7:56 PM

So many can go…thinking of at least ten characters that do nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 270February 5, 2024 7:59 PM

Get rid of the following contract players:

Maxie

Finn

Gregory

Brooklyn

Marshall

Cody

Sasha (unless they make her related to Nina, maybe a niece...)

I know Lois is recurring but Rena can't be cheap so Lois can go too, she's a cartoon character that just doesn't work in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 271February 5, 2024 8:06 PM

R266 Right if it is Scott and Lucy, doubt it'll be some permanent exit. They just make the most sense as the rumored couple however it would be interesting if it is Maxie and Spinelli; Kirsten would have to quit in order for that to happen though

by Anonymousreply 272February 5, 2024 8:12 PM

My cut list from the current contract cast:

Willow

Finn

Sasha

Marshall

Maxie

Drew

I like BLQ and Chase fine. Michael sucks but feels fairly essential; could do with a recast. Gregory Harrison and Josh Kelly have both grown on me a lot.

by Anonymousreply 273February 5, 2024 8:13 PM

R267 No like R269 said, contract players like Roger Howarth were let go to make room for Steve

by Anonymousreply 274February 5, 2024 8:14 PM

R268 Possibly although soap actors across the board have taking pay cuts, the majority of them at Days and GH. He took a pay cut when he joined Days since he was apparently making more at GH

by Anonymousreply 275February 5, 2024 8:16 PM

R270 Rumor has several actors being out of Frank is fired, the ones who are primarily there because of him

by Anonymousreply 276February 5, 2024 8:18 PM

Drew. Maxie (as she is now). Chase. Finn. Alexis. Molly. Nina. Willow. Cody. Sasha. Brooklyn. TJ. Valentin.

Could they bring Josh Kelly back as recast Dillon? Or Michael Easton as John Mcbain? I’m cool with a new Maxie down the line but KS isn’t it. Like AS as Brooklyn but not if she isn’t willing to do her job. Sorry but Alexis has lasted way too long. No longer a lawyer and unwilling to play the Cassadinw angle she can leave.

by Anonymousreply 277February 5, 2024 8:19 PM

I hope if they insist Carly is the show’s leading lady then please find an actress who is at the least likable and has chemistry with the co-stars she needs to…I know LW has played her the longest but it’s time to correct the error.

by Anonymousreply 278February 5, 2024 8:22 PM

*Sorry, have "taken" pay cuts I should say at R275. Y&R and B&B actors are paid slightly more than GH/Days actors, even though Days is through Sony with Y&R/B&B, it wasn't bringing in the same revenue when it was on NBC. Then again, they could've got an infusion of cash since its faring better somewhat on Peacock. GH supposedly got a slight increase in their budget recently, though it remains to be seen what they're doing with it.

by Anonymousreply 279February 5, 2024 8:23 PM

Drew needs to go. CM has been a colossal waste of money.

If Frank gets the boot then hopefully Maxie, Finn and Cody can be given their walking papers. I don't think they can recast Maxie because KStorms could sue but if they write out the character "due to budgetary reasons" maybe they could get away with giving her the heave ho.

by Anonymousreply 280February 5, 2024 8:26 PM

R277 Supposedly Frank didn't have any use for Dillon anymore after they let Robert Palmer Watkins go, for it was Ron who initially wanted Dillon back on canvas. There have been several fans who share your sentiment, saying that he would've fit better in that role, combined with the brief but shared time he and Amanda Setton spent together as siblings on OLTL, so it would've been a nod to their history making them related again.

When Roger was originally slated to return as Todd, after Franco was killed off, Michael was rumored to revive John McBain, with several other OLTL characters coming and going in and out of Port Charles. However that was all scrapped when Todd's return was nixed (unless you count the visit from Blair again). Also, Michael Easton is apparently miserable in his current role, so if he had any reservations about reviving McBain then, he probably wants to reconsider that now

by Anonymousreply 281February 5, 2024 8:31 PM

Sam should go. Worst soap character ever

by Anonymousreply 282February 5, 2024 8:33 PM

Sam has become a useless drip why don’t they lean in and just make her an interesting bad girl? KM could kill that !

Add to the names mentioned - Dex is useless and I can’t take Jocelyn and have not warmed up to new Kristina.

by Anonymousreply 283February 5, 2024 8:39 PM

R280 Cam Mathison's contract is reportedly up this summer, doubt that he'll leave on his own (since he was the one who contacted Frank about a job) but they can always choose not to renew his contract.

Kirsten is probably ready to sue if she's ever fired and permanently recast lol but you're right, it would sort of seem hard to prove if they actually don't have any story for her anymore. However her Uncle Frank adores her, so he would have to be gone before they wrote her out. She would have to pull a Michelle Stafford and unfriend him in order for him to let her go lol

by Anonymousreply 284February 5, 2024 8:40 PM

R282 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 285February 5, 2024 8:41 PM

R283 They're probably not going there again because the audience hated her when she became a bad girl, hiring someone to "kill" Elizabeth's children and sleeping with her mother's husband, Ric. The reason why they did that was because Kelly was ready to leave, so Guza/Frons felt that there was no reason to play it safe and keep her reformed from the bad girl she initially started out as when Kelly first joined.

They could have it both ways though, they could always bring back Alicia Montenegro, the Sam lookalike she played and say that she's Sam long lost twin. Alicia was spoiled anyways so she's a far cry from Sam; she could come on and cause trouble for Sam, Alexis and the rest of the Davis girls. It would also give Kelly something interesting to do since she sometimes seems like she's bored with Sam

by Anonymousreply 286February 5, 2024 8:47 PM

I assume the only way to get rid of actors who might sue is to have some mass tragedy where several people get killed off so it doesn't appear personal or targeted.

by Anonymousreply 287February 5, 2024 8:53 PM

R287 That's a good idea

by Anonymousreply 288February 5, 2024 9:00 PM

Question for you guys who didn't think that Adam Huss is the right fit as a permanent Nikolas, since he didn't seem to have that "air of an aristocrat," are you more sold on him now?

by Anonymousreply 289February 5, 2024 9:17 PM

Kirsten is extremely beloved on set and became really close with her Uncle Frank once she returned from her year long leave, after he had been there for almost a year himself. Jen Lilley was devastated when she learned that Kirsten was coming back, so much so that she broke down crying because she had become used to being there (not sure if she was as conservative then as she is now). Kirsten supposedly provides her own wardrobe and even contributes to her own hair and makeup, so she's a helping out with he budget too 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 290February 5, 2024 9:21 PM

She looks a mess and has made Maxie not a viable lead. The wardrobe and makeup are not helping!

by Anonymousreply 291February 5, 2024 9:27 PM

R291 I know lol it's pretty sad to watch. She has all these health problems too so being on GH is probably her only thing to look forward to, besides her daughter Harper of course, except Brandon and his wife have her more often.

Speaking of Brandon, people are still calling him a creep for hooking up with his now wife who is at least 22 years younger than him, referring to her as his child bride

by Anonymousreply 292February 5, 2024 9:34 PM

r289, I liked Adam Huss in the role when he first came on and was holding Esme hostage. He wasn't aristocratic but definitely much more talented than Coloma with a more manly build and presence. But now that he has started that lip curling thing and the guttural voice, I'm a bit turned off. His normal voice and manner of speaking is not like that and I don't understand why he's doing it. If you listen to him speak in his regular voice in the Locher Room video posted upthread, he sounds fine and doesn't do the lip curling thing. Also in that video, Alan Locher started to read a comment from a viewer about Adam's lip curling and realized it was a criticism and quickly and wisely stopped reading it out loud so as not to insult Adam. The director needs to tell Adam to stop that. If he would stop doing that thing with his lip he would be just fine in the role, not the ultimate but fine since he's handsome and can act. On the other hand, I have a thing about voices and maybe it's just me. I can't stand Michael Easton's voice either.

by Anonymousreply 293February 5, 2024 9:48 PM

Not only is Brandon's wife 22 years younger but she looks 12 years old which why it's so creepy. She looked pre-pubescent in the photo I saw.

by Anonymousreply 294February 5, 2024 9:52 PM

Nicholas should be swarthy with a "to the manner born" sensibility. Part confident, part abandoned son, looking to prove something that he doesn't have to. He both loves and hates his mother and the life to which he was born. He is drawn to darkness and has to fight so he doesn't give into it. He is constantly at war with himself. Very much like Stefan, as Stefan was originally played.

I think Nicholas is the only one on the canvas who knows what only Helena knew and that is just how dark Laura is or can be. The Myth of Laura is the biggest lie GH has ever told.

by Anonymousreply 295February 5, 2024 10:10 PM

r295 a shame you understand the character better than most of the writers of the last few decades

by Anonymousreply 296February 6, 2024 4:02 AM

R293 You're really observant lol I didn't notice how much he did the lip curling thing but I have seen it. I suppose that's his way of getting into character, along with changing his tone. For some odd reason, Frank has a personal policy that prevents him from turning temps into permanent replacements, so I was wondering if Adam would be the exception to Frank's rule, but apparently not, at least not yet.

What's funny about Michael Easton is that some have said they can't stand his voice either, while others have mentioned how "turned on" they are by how deep it is 😁

by Anonymousreply 297February 6, 2024 5:52 AM

R294 I've noticed that too lol apparently they were introduced to each other via Harper; he met her while she was working as Harper's Spanish teacher at summer camp, when she was about 19 (I miscalculated their age difference, apparently he's roughly 21 years older than her, not 22 🙄).

According to him, Harper played matchmaker, although I somewhat believe that he prodded Harper to get her attention. Their wedding song was "Born To Love You" 😁 by Ray La Montague

by Anonymousreply 298February 6, 2024 6:04 AM

*Ray La Montagne not Montague 😁

by Anonymousreply 299February 6, 2024 6:05 AM

R295 Patrick Mulcahey, is that you? 😁 Stefan was his favorite male character to write for so it would be interesting if Nikolas is released from jail and he's written in that manner. That's more of Tyler Christopher's (R.I.P.) early version you're describing 😢

by Anonymousreply 300February 6, 2024 6:10 AM

Leaked story, according to rumors, had Jason's original return (from Chris & Dan) consisting of his birth mother, also Heather's cousin (for newer viewers who were unaware of their relation) Susan Moore resurfacing, along with a not-so dead Morgan; Jason would've also saved Sonny's life from the attempted killer. The network thought the entire story was trash so that was the straw that broke the camel's back

The revised version, which was "allegedly" corrected by Elizabeth Korte, is the one where he's supposedly the hired killer himself, targeting Sonny (Korte's revised storyline ideas, still under Chris & Dan's outlines, should air around the end of February, throughout March, until her stories with Patrick Mulcahey begin)

by Anonymousreply 301February 6, 2024 6:21 AM

Although I don't like Michael Easton's voice, it's his annoying habit of pursing his lips after every line that makes me ill.

by Anonymousreply 302February 6, 2024 10:22 AM

I really wish they could bring back Claudia Z from the dead. Those were the days.

by Anonymousreply 303February 6, 2024 11:42 AM

[quote]Michael Easton's voice

Put that voice on 20 year old Michael Easton, when he was playing Tanner Schofield on Days, and you can understand why panties were dropping all over Burbank in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 304February 6, 2024 1:24 PM

R303 You never know, they probably will. Would you prefer a recast or Sarah Brown?

by Anonymousreply 305February 6, 2024 2:56 PM

R304 That's when Frank first got a hard-on for him too 😁

by Anonymousreply 306February 6, 2024 2:57 PM

I briefly had a hardon for Easton too, when he played the hugely endowed model on Ally McBeal.

But his soap performances are the cure for insomnia.

by Anonymousreply 307February 6, 2024 3:02 PM

R307 I've seen a clip of him on Ally McBeal, had forgot about that. I'd say he still had fans going crazy for him when he was Caleb and all those other characters on Port Charles, then his early days as McBain on OLTL, however once he got here and started going from Silas to Finn, it had pretty much simmered down. Same goes for Roger Howarth, with the whole "Rape me Todd" from fans to him at those public appearances- once he went to play Paul on ATWT I think that's when it started fading away for him too.

by Anonymousreply 308February 6, 2024 4:16 PM

If they recast Carly I want TB back or even SJB or try someone new like a Gina Tognoni. If they don’t bring SJB back as Carly then I’d like her as Claudia.

Finn needs to go John Mcbain makes the most sense or write ME off.

by Anonymousreply 309February 6, 2024 4:18 PM

However, Roger Howarth had a brief resurgence of fans going into a frenzy when he returned to OLTL as Todd. Starting with Franco and going from him to Austin was definitely the end of the line

by Anonymousreply 310February 6, 2024 4:19 PM

I know it’s been less than a week but it’s wild how devoid of male charisma and sex appeal the show is without Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 311February 6, 2024 5:03 PM

Is Dex NuBlondeJagger's grown autistic son living on his own and doing well?

by Anonymousreply 312February 6, 2024 6:04 PM

Who the hell is responsible for all of this unnecessary Brick? Mo? What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 313February 6, 2024 7:02 PM

There’s a rumor ME is leaving. I’m sure his salary can pay for Steve and a new wardrobe for a few characters.

by Anonymousreply 314February 6, 2024 7:06 PM

Tracy needs to ditch the granny bun. When she came back recently It was a nice nostalgic nod to when she first came on the show and wore her hair in the bun with little braids but it's not doing her any favors now. Her silvery locks would look nice in a bob and make her look like a chic rich lady. Ditch the dowdy hairdo, Jane!

by Anonymousreply 315February 6, 2024 7:09 PM

Adam showing off.

Huss not Harrington.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316February 6, 2024 8:08 PM

If Maxie were to leave, that would mean much less screen time for Felicia.

If Cody were to leave, that would mean Mac (whenever John J. York is well enough to return) would lose his family connection to his son (even if he doesn't yet know Cody is his son). The result would be much less screen time for Mac.

by Anonymousreply 317February 6, 2024 8:56 PM

Maxie needs to head to Fat Camp. She hardly gets scenes with Felicia anyway. And with Felicia as a new Patient Advocate at GH, she can easily get story outside of Maxie.

Cody and Sasha can both leave. Have them ride off into the sunset.

by Anonymousreply 318February 6, 2024 8:59 PM

Wasn't Felicia put on contract because she was originally supposed to be Esme's mother, then they changed it.

by Anonymousreply 319February 6, 2024 9:06 PM

Felicia and Mac can raise Maxie's kids if something should happen to her, which would keep them on canvas. Liesel can come back to help with James. I just don't care about Cody, poorly conceived storyline and retcon.

by Anonymousreply 320February 6, 2024 9:06 PM

I believe that’s true, R319.

by Anonymousreply 321February 6, 2024 9:08 PM

r319

that would have been a good story... explaining why Felicia really stayed away so long

by Anonymousreply 322February 6, 2024 9:09 PM

IIRC, KW’s son died in the middle of the show building up that story. There was also a lot of backlash about Felicia having a kid with Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 323February 6, 2024 9:21 PM

R311 Along with any strong younger actors, for NAC and AKP were the best out of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 324February 6, 2024 10:08 PM

R312 That's one rumor that's floating around. Some still think he's either Jason's or Lorenzo's

by Anonymousreply 325February 6, 2024 10:09 PM

R313 Yes his good buddy Mo got him more screentime 😁

by Anonymousreply 326February 6, 2024 10:11 PM

Dex has a monotone voice they could spin to be part of his high functioning autism. Or Jagger could have more than one son.

by Anonymousreply 327February 6, 2024 10:12 PM

R314 He's apparently disappointed with his storylines, including his "romance" with Liz. He really wants Finn with Ava

by Anonymousreply 328February 6, 2024 10:14 PM

R319 That was practically what they were intending to use her for, however her real life tragedy along with them being "in violation" of the then "no rape policy" had them change it to Heather, for Felicia would've somehow became Esme's parent without her consent.

by Anonymousreply 329February 6, 2024 10:20 PM

R323 Right. It was a combination of her personal experience, the no rape policy in effect and they were concerned about fan backlash

by Anonymousreply 330February 6, 2024 10:23 PM

ABC/Disney wants to strengthen their younger set and have them drive stories.

by Anonymousreply 331February 6, 2024 10:24 PM

Did Mo fall out with his other good buddy Real Andrews who does videos in his car about how he's ready, willing and able to do excellent work whenever GH wants him. Meaning, why haven't you called Frank? Why haven't you advocated for me, Mo?

Also, Real is bipolar, and I'm just speculating, but I wonder if there are health or behavior issues that impede him from being used more often.... Frank has his hands full with Mo. GH has had a few bipolar cast over the years, Tyler, Billy M., KStorms, NurseAmy...

I personally think all the young actors who go on Mo's show and "open up" about their mental health problems and all the meds they are on do themselves a disservice career wise and shame on Mo for putting them in that position. Mo's employment is secure, the young actors don't have the same job security Mo has and whatever they say can be held against them by prospective employers.

by Anonymousreply 332February 6, 2024 10:28 PM

So, Brandon Barish married someone 22 years younger?

Wow! Did he inherit Robert Kelker Kelley's dressing room when he joined Days? BB certainly seems to be following in RKK's footsteps.

by Anonymousreply 333February 6, 2024 11:06 PM

Let go of ME unless he’s Mcbain he’s pointless. New Jagger is a joke. Doesn’t make any sense. I’d rather have ME back as role number ten playing new Jagger than this miscast joke! Dex is a try hard and unnecessarily to the show. Hate Joslyn. She’s almost as bad as her mom.

by Anonymousreply 334February 7, 2024 1:33 AM

I really don’t mind the appearance differences in casting, but I do think this Jagger return is misguided nostalgia that seems pointless

by Anonymousreply 335February 7, 2024 11:09 AM

R305 Oh, Brown. Nobody else.

by Anonymousreply 336February 7, 2024 11:30 AM

[quote]I really don’t mind the appearance differences in casting, but I do think this Jagger return is misguided nostalgia that seems pointless

It probably would have worked better with the original actor, but what are you going to do. He the new guy on contract or is this a temporary thing?

by Anonymousreply 337February 7, 2024 12:10 PM

Tabyana Ali has hinted that Trina will have a personality change, becoming less of the nice girl that she's known to be, in the aftermath of Spencer's "death."

by Anonymousreply 338February 7, 2024 2:26 PM

After Felicia was no longer considered as Esme's mom, according to rumors, Ava was a possibility (with Ryan being aware that he was manipulating Ava's daughter) although that was apparently only a brief conversation, for Ryan being her father was the more intriguing choice, so that's when Heather was inserted in place of Felicia

by Anonymousreply 339February 7, 2024 2:30 PM

The Heather/Ryan/Esme story was stupid. That’s been another issue under Frank - making everyone connected even when it doesn’t make sense.

Dopey Dex will end up being Jagger’s son hence the reason for a blonde Jagger.

by Anonymousreply 340February 7, 2024 2:42 PM

R332 Lol no apparently Real and Maurice are still close; Maurice's wife Paula is still Real's manager, if I'm not mistaken. Frank, of course, favors his hires primarily over many cast members who were there prior to him, therefore Curtis is more of his concern than Taggert. Chris & Dan were the ones who integrated Taggert back into on the fold regularly, for he disappeared shortly before they went on strike; same goes for Portia's brother, Zeke.

Supposedly Jordan was going to have a one-night stand with Taggert and not know if either him or Zeke was the father of her baby- this would've been under C & D. The producers/Frank decided to drop that story and essentially write both Zeke and Taggert out, while also sidelining Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 341February 7, 2024 8:25 PM

R333 Oh wow that's very reminiscent of Robert Kelker-Kelly and Miriam Parrish isn't it, 😆 really ironic if he is currently occupying his dressing room. Ick factor aside, both RKK and BB are 🥵🥵 such a shame though 😆

by Anonymousreply 342February 7, 2024 8:28 PM

Felicia and Mac would still have a purpose on this show without Maxie and Cody.

by Anonymousreply 343February 7, 2024 8:30 PM

Taggert's absence from Trina's going away party was glaringly obvious.

I liked Zeke. I thought Zeke and Jordan made a much better couple than Brick and Jordan will.

by Anonymousreply 344February 7, 2024 8:33 PM

R334 😁 ME as Jagger, that sounds like something Frank would've signed off on 😆 except ME probably wouldn't have gone for it, seeing how how originally turned down playing Todd after RoHo left in 2003.

You seem to dislike one of Frank's faves (ME) and shared faves between Frank and Elizabeth Korte (Eden and Evan) although Korte seems to really love Dex a lot, so she's probably advocating for him to stay. NuJagger might be in Frank's good graces as of now, however I have to agree he's horribly miscast.

by Anonymousreply 345February 7, 2024 8:35 PM

[quote]Felicia and Mac would still have a purpose on this show without Maxie and Cody.

Yes, but much less of one.

You gotta have those family connections to stay relevant on a show.

You get the occasional character like Lucy and Scotty who stick around even though they don't have any relatives in town. But usually a lack of relatives in town puts a target on your back for the next round of budget cuts.

by Anonymousreply 346February 7, 2024 8:36 PM

R335 Frank's pettiness knows no bounds 😁

by Anonymousreply 347February 7, 2024 8:38 PM

William Lipton is looking good.

by Anonymousreply 348February 7, 2024 9:01 PM

I'll be he tastes good too!

by Anonymousreply 349February 7, 2024 9:35 PM

R336 Of course 😁 she was blackballed by Sony, so GH would be a viable option, if she was willing to go back there again. Patrick Mulcahey is a big fan of hers btw so anything's possible

by Anonymousreply 350February 7, 2024 10:05 PM

R337 Definitely can be replaced after 13 weeks without penalty if he's on contract and bring in another one, like they did with Brooke Ann Smith's Molly

by Anonymousreply 351February 7, 2024 10:07 PM

Brooke Anne Smith apparently asked to be released btw because of excessive bullying from fans

by Anonymousreply 352February 7, 2024 10:08 PM

R349 😆

by Anonymousreply 353February 7, 2024 10:13 PM

Sorry correction at R352 Brooke Anne voiced her concerns about the bullying and was subsequently let go, there are conflicting reports about her asking to be released or if they fired her after negative feedback

by Anonymousreply 354February 7, 2024 10:14 PM

Poor Brooke Anne Smith, totally wrong for the role and the voice was so annoying but I felt sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 355February 7, 2024 10:16 PM

The age difference, her baby voice, comparisons to Jennifer Bransford's Carly were some complaints fans addressed about BAS

by Anonymousreply 356February 7, 2024 10:18 PM

R357 Me too. I actually grew to like her in the role, it didn't help that the majority of the cast wasn't seemingly too friendly to her either. Even her brother had to defend her when the fans were so vocal about their disappointment with her

by Anonymousreply 357February 7, 2024 10:20 PM

What's the deal with Brennan? Why such a short stint for the actor? Good actor with a good presence, I'd like to see more of him. Let him out of jail on some technicality. I

by Anonymousreply 358February 7, 2024 10:20 PM

Lol I meant to reply to R355 at R357

by Anonymousreply 359February 7, 2024 10:22 PM

R358 Chris, Dan and Korte diminished his importance when they returned. Remember he was an idea the producers/scabs came up with; had the striking lingered on, Brennan would have remained more of a factor.

by Anonymousreply 360February 7, 2024 10:24 PM

Don't recall if I read it here on DL or elsewhere, but supposedly Kate Mansi was the only one nice to Brooke Anne. And Tabyanna and Eden were the only ones nice to the first Molly recast, Holiday something. That speaks well of Kate, TA and EM.

by Anonymousreply 361February 7, 2024 10:26 PM

R362 I heard that too, it was mentioned here that Eden, Tabyana and Kate were all welcoming to Holiday Mia Kriegel while Kate was more than likely the nicest to Brooke Anne. Yes it really speaks well of all of them.

by Anonymousreply 362February 7, 2024 10:32 PM

R344 Completely agree. Zeke actor seemed so happy to be on regularly while Real is still waiting for a call back. Curtis is apparently their main priority; both Frank and Korte adore him, even if a good portion of the audience finds his acting somewhat stifled and limited.

by Anonymousreply 363February 7, 2024 10:36 PM

The actor playing Curtis is just a bad actor (sorry!). He's cute, but that's it. The actor playing Zeke was dynamic and talented. It's hard to understand how the producers miss what the audience clearly sees.

by Anonymousreply 364February 7, 2024 11:31 PM

I agree about Curtis, wooden one note actor.

by Anonymousreply 365February 7, 2024 11:34 PM

I like Donnell Turner. He's not the strongest actor in the pack, but he has personality and style and presence, all of which are important factors.

I also like Gavin Houston, who plays Zeke. He's a stronger actor and certainly has style. But he doesn't have so much personality wise and also doesn't have much presence.

It would be easy for Gavn Houston to fade into the background of a scene, but with Donnell Turner, I'm always keeping my eye on him in a scene

Real Andrews is also a good actor. He used to have a strong presence on screen -- I couldn't take my eyes off him in the late 90s. Unfortunately, he doesn't have that presence any longer. Don't know what's happened to Real in 20 years time, but he lost his presence. and this no doubt is contributing to his lack of story on GH

by Anonymousreply 366February 7, 2024 11:42 PM

I feel bad saying DT isn't a strong actor because he seems like a nice guy. The story that soap reporter told of William deVry being an asshole at some event and DT stepping in to apologize and smooth things over speaks well of him. But his acting does not engage me at all although he's very good looking.

I feel bad for the Zeke actor, he seemed so excited about the gig.

I personally think Real has issues...

by Anonymousreply 367February 8, 2024 12:17 AM

Isn't the main issue with GH that the cast is so big that the show can't really properly service the characters. That was a Ron thing and Chris & Dan thing. I do wonder if Mulcahey and Korte will tighten up the cast. You get promising actors doing good things, but the show doesn't have room to add them to the canvas. GH gets 36 minutes of actual show time a day, they should be down to around 20 contract players.

by Anonymousreply 368February 8, 2024 12:39 AM

I used to think highly of Donnell but this paralysis story has shown his limitations IMO.

What a car wreck today’s episode was—they made Spencer’s funeral all about Gregory and Sonny, of all people.

by Anonymousreply 369February 8, 2024 1:11 AM

Heaven forbid we feature more than one black man. We could have had Curtis, Taggert, Zeke, and TJ!

by Anonymousreply 370February 8, 2024 1:42 AM

Donnell is a really nice guy, he was one of the few who was always kind to Billy Miller (along with Nancy Lee Grahn and Kelly Monaco, before they stopped seeing each other) when Steve Burton was on his way back in 2017, for Billy and Donnell had bonded before Steve returned and Donnell didn't turn his back on him.

However, he started off promising but as time went on, he just seemed to become overwhelmed when it came to carrying heavy dramatic scenes. He personally asked Frank and the writers if they could expand Curtis's family outside of TJ, which led to Aunt Stella's heavy recurring status, the addition of Hat Man and Trina as his daughter.

Even in both of Curtis's marriages he seems to struggle with the material, although to his credit, both Briana Nicole and Tanisha aren't necessarily as strong as Vinessa, for their screen presence isn't too far off from Donnell's (Briana Nicole tried harder than Tanisha, imo). Brook is pretty good, yet she also has years of soap experience to fall back on.

The only known time that Frank considered recasting him was when Donnell refused to get vaxxed (their was a recast already lined up) so other than that, he has job security (unless the network decides to get rid of him). He also has a fan base, though he has critics as well.

by Anonymousreply 371February 8, 2024 1:49 AM

R366 R367 Real had cancer, addiction issues (opioids and alcohol, brought on from three hip surgeries) also diagnosed with bipolar disorder

by Anonymousreply 372February 8, 2024 1:55 AM

Zeke started off one-note but I think over time, he would've grew out of that and showed versatility. The WTD story that C & D had planned might have brought it out of him, with Real already there to carry the story too. Tanisha would've been the weakest link; she's likeable, she's just not experienced enough to handle heavy material

by Anonymousreply 373February 8, 2024 1:58 AM

I don’t like this Trina. I preferred the one before. Don’t see the chemistry with her and Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 374February 8, 2024 2:48 AM

Donnell is no NAC as far as acting ability goes. But he's better than some of the others.

He is a much better actor than Marcus Coloma, who managed to stay on the show three years.

Donnell is also as good, if not better, than Cameron Matheson.

by Anonymousreply 375February 8, 2024 2:51 AM

Cameron Mathison is so bad I forget he even exists because I fast forward him.

I'm a better actor than Marcus Coloma and the only acting I ever did was a couple of high school plays over 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 376February 8, 2024 3:00 AM

R375 That's a fair assessment

R376 😂 😂 idk which is funnier the dig at Cameron or Marcus

by Anonymousreply 377February 8, 2024 4:18 AM

So the brainstorming of Esme's parentage went from Felicia/Ryan to Ava/Franco (he was rumored as the father, so Heather could be her grandmother) to Heather/Ryan

by Anonymousreply 378February 8, 2024 4:23 AM

Come to think of it, Cameron would've made a better Jagger recast than Drew, except Jagger wasn't on Frank's radar when Cameron contacted him about a job.

Other instances of Antonio's blacklisting from Hollywood have come to light; apparently he constantly referred to Barack Obama as a "Muslim" and was in opposition of the "Black Lives Matter" movement, in favor of "Blue Lives Matter"

by Anonymousreply 379February 8, 2024 4:28 AM

Maurice and Evan recently told a story where they were out by the ocean, Maurice went swimming with nothing but a speedo on, then a great white shark started swimming towards him, about 55 ft away. Evan immediately threw a State of Mind T-shirt to Maurice, who threw it to the shark, who then proceeded to turn around, away from Maurice. Evan's quick thinking is being credited as saving Maurice's life, same as Dex would've done for Sonny in a similar situation 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 380February 8, 2024 4:51 AM

Curtis should've been paired with Laura, and they could've enjoyed a loving, sexless marriage. Laura and Kevin are on par with Liz and Finn as pointless and boring couples go.

Ally Mills performance continues to shit all over the legacy of Heather Webber. Sorry/Not Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 381February 8, 2024 10:35 AM

Yeah, Laura and Kevin are dull as dishwater. Kevin needs to have an affair with Ava or someone new and the snoozefest marriage needs to end. Laura can stay single. Back in the good old days of soaps there was always a stable, salt of the earth couple everyone turned to for help or advice like Joe and Ruth Martin on AMC but the Collins are not the Martins.

by Anonymousreply 382February 8, 2024 12:45 PM

Cameron as Jagger makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 383February 8, 2024 4:42 PM

What happened with Ava's selling Wyndemere? Deal fall through? Buyer couldn't get the loan?

by Anonymousreply 384February 8, 2024 11:04 PM

Once someone referred to Cameron Mathison as "jazz hands," all I can see now are his hands, ridiculously flying about. Someone must have told him once that that's acting.

by Anonymousreply 385February 8, 2024 11:19 PM

R381 Yeah she was a little over the top in those memorial scenes. I think she would've been better off playing Elizabeth's mother, or someone else entirely, with a more expanded presence.

by Anonymousreply 386February 8, 2024 11:23 PM

R382 What ever happened to those type of couples lol they're barely on soaps anymore. Even if they are around that age, they're nowhere near Joe and Ruth's status. If anything they're written like they're younger, which I guess isn't a bad for thing for the actors, however the audience would gravitate to those type of characters too

by Anonymousreply 387February 8, 2024 11:27 PM

Taggert isn’t around because Real has a drinking problem IRL

by Anonymousreply 388February 8, 2024 11:28 PM

R384 Another dropped storyline they'll probably pick back up. Pretty sure they're going to have a main character staying there eventually

by Anonymousreply 389February 8, 2024 11:29 PM

R385 Michelle Stafford is the queen of jazz hands 😁 guess he's taking her place at GH

by Anonymousreply 390February 8, 2024 11:30 PM

Same way Curtis and Portia could somehow afford Jax’s house, maybe nujagger will move into wyndimere.

by Anonymousreply 391February 9, 2024 12:55 AM

Ingo and Sebastian Roche are fighting on X.

by Anonymousreply 392February 9, 2024 3:00 PM

Ruh-roh. Adam H. is responding and agreeing with tweets from viewers asking Frank what the holdup is on offering Adam a contract. I don't think FV will take kindly to that and it may backfire on Adam. AH probably hasn't learned yet how spiteful FV can be, he may find out the hard way...

Kathleen 'Gati on the other hand has learned to keep quiet. She used to like, agree and give out the phone number to ABC complaint line when her fans lamented her absence. Now she deflects and changes the subject to promote her latest cooking show on Zoom.

by Anonymousreply 393February 9, 2024 3:25 PM

Really curious what they’ll do with CM now that SBu is back. They should make his Drew a clone or something.

by Anonymousreply 394February 10, 2024 1:57 PM

Once Drew and Weeping Willow have sex, Mopey Michael will cry to his mommy, and Snarly will berate, belittle and badger them into leaving town.

by Anonymousreply 395February 10, 2024 2:41 PM

From what I've heard this is GH's last shot. If the new writers and Steve Burton can't bring up ratings, then it's leaving linear. Apparently, once again, GMA wants to expand.

by Anonymousreply 396February 10, 2024 2:54 PM

If they want to bring up ratings they need to lower the episode guarantees of MB, LW and SB with a special emphasis on LW. For a supposed leading lady she sure does dress matronly.

Also, they need to stop with the lather, rinse, repeat of Carly/Sonny and Jason/Sam. Mix it up with others and get messy. Stop making everyone Snarly's friend, why are Liz and Sam Snarly's friends now??

Why can't Britt have a twin who comes to town looking for her mother who gave her away because she could only keep one twin like Krystal only kept Babe on AMC? Nina had twins so twins run in the family.

Why do Finn and his father exist? Send them away to get Gregory treatment in Switzerland. Chase can stay.

Get Drewfus off my screen, STAT.

There, they are well on their way to a ratings boost if they follow my unsolicited advice.

by Anonymousreply 397February 10, 2024 3:09 PM

Would Steve playing both Jason and Drew be a good option?

by Anonymousreply 398February 10, 2024 8:37 PM

What would bump up the ratings? 1. Don't make a hero of a criminal. It's perverse. Sonny is a mob boss who we are supposed to love, just as all people, except the police commissioner, do -- because he loves his family. But what criminal activity is he engaged in? Surely, it is hurting some people's lives. 2. Less Sonny, less Carly (see R397 above). 3. More unpredictability, less mawkishness. 4. More hot sex. C'mon -- half the couples on this show don't even make out! 5. Less shoot-em-up cops and bad guys and more complex story telling: the writers should showcase the actors who can really act and appeal to the audience -- Laura, Liz, Ava, Portia, Anna, Alex -- and put them in dramatic (not comic book-like) stories. 6. I suffered for years with John McBain; now I'm suffering -- even more! -- with Finn. And for God's sake, stop the mouth puckering! 7. More male flesh from Chase and Cody.

by Anonymousreply 399February 10, 2024 8:39 PM

R398

Drew had plastic surgery to look the way he does, Steve actually played Drew when the reveal happened

by Anonymousreply 400February 10, 2024 9:11 PM

Did Chris and Dan come up with this Jordan and Brick pairing? If so, they need to be re-hired and then fired again live on multiple platforms while viewers who win some contest throw tomatoes at them.

by Anonymousreply 401February 10, 2024 9:49 PM

According to Deadline, the average age of the typical viewer is 69. Does anyone watch the commercials during the show? What types of products are they selling?

by Anonymousreply 402February 10, 2024 9:59 PM

R402

Adult diapers

Antacids

Diabetic products

And generally anything that Big Pharma is trying to push, with "Ask your doctor if it's right for you."

by Anonymousreply 403February 10, 2024 10:18 PM

392 About what?

393 Hope he doesn't have to learn the hard way

by Anonymousreply 404February 10, 2024 10:45 PM

R401 This is definitely a CVE/DOC original. CVE loves Jordan and probably couldn't resist temptation in regards to utilizing Stephen A. Smith more

by Anonymousreply 405February 10, 2024 10:47 PM

All political ads right now.

by Anonymousreply 406February 11, 2024 3:55 AM

Upcoming spoilers have Danny in trouble soon, possibly involving weapons (a story for Sam and Dante, leading up to Jason's return

by Anonymousreply 407February 11, 2024 4:07 AM

The mother of those twins who play Ace is on X pontificating about showing her one-year-olds how to fill out a voting ballot for a primary election and instilling "civic duty" and the "power of democracy". Does that sound Magat-ish or no?

by Anonymousreply 408February 11, 2024 5:36 PM

The pontification of Carly has helped to ruin this show. They’ll rewrite story beats from a week ago to benefit St. Carly. LW needs her guarantee slashed BIG time.

by Anonymousreply 409February 12, 2024 11:54 AM

Kate Mansi did a Super Bowl commercial for Spectrum. Good for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410February 12, 2024 4:23 PM

Caught up on episodes over the weekend.

Really nice that show brought back Cameron for Spencer's funeral. Very nice touch .

Also nice they gave Heather a chance to grieve Esme, even if Alley Mills did go completely over the top with her performance.

But why wasn't Nikolas at his son's funeral?!?!? If Heather can get out of prison to visit her daughter's grave, surely Nikolas can get our of jail to attend his son's funeral?

And nice that Laura's brother Cyrus showed up for his nephew's funeral. But why wasn't Martin there?

by Anonymousreply 411February 12, 2024 5:45 PM

Once again they are announcing Adam Huss has wrapped his stint. Didn't they announce he was done when he absconded with kid Spencer handed over? He came back after that. Do they mean AH is done or the character is done?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412February 12, 2024 6:36 PM

Why is the OP lined out? Who would FF an innocuous soap thread? Is LW reading DL checking to make sure Wes hasn't strayed?

by Anonymousreply 413February 13, 2024 12:22 AM

R413 OP's post is only lined-out if you have your DL settings set to something veering toward the "Delicate Flower" range. If you're closer to "Asbestos Eyeballs," it's not lined out.

There's still quite a bit of loathing for daytime soap opera threads on DL. Recall, soap opera threads used to be banned altogether, so it's possible the post got a lot of F/F's from that crowd (or OP is not liked elsewhere .. lol).

by Anonymousreply 414February 13, 2024 1:41 AM

Thanks, r414. Didn't know I was a Delicate Flower, I'm Abestos Balls now and the lines are gone. *puffs out chest*

by Anonymousreply 415February 13, 2024 1:48 AM

Maloney has a report from TCA.

"ABC is thrilled to have GH as part of its lineup."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416February 13, 2024 8:06 AM

Yes, that's what they said when they moved production of AMC from NY to CA, then promptly killed it.

by Anonymousreply 417February 13, 2024 9:37 AM

Nice ABC execs are voicing support for GH. Let's hope its more than just lip service.

by Anonymousreply 418February 13, 2024 6:03 PM

NBC announced it would probably cancel Days soon way back in 2008 and it managed to air for 14 more years on NBC before moving to Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 419February 13, 2024 6:08 PM

They're committed to it, however they will promptly move it to one of their streaming services if it continues to under perform and/or something they deem better comes along, but getting rid of CVE/DOC shows commitment, for now.

by Anonymousreply 420February 13, 2024 9:22 PM

R409 What's funny is that Laura Wright consistently leads the demos as one of their main characters viewers tend to frequently fast forward, even when she was with Jason, which she is definitely aware of, for she briefly "left" Twitter/X when fans trashed the Jason/Carly reunion pairing, which included Jason/Britt fans, who knew that they ended at the expense of Jason/Carly. LW probably requested they pair them together again, however the network is reportedly tired of the actors demanding pairings and dictating storylines.

by Anonymousreply 421February 13, 2024 9:28 PM

Rumor is that Gregory's illness might actually be a misdiagnosis, keeping him around for a Tracy/Gregory/Alexis triangle

by Anonymousreply 422February 13, 2024 9:29 PM

Laura Wright would have to get another guaranteed soap gig like Jill offered her for Y&R, or a prime-time gig somehow in order for her to leave GH. She sees herself as the "Queen" of GH, so she's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 423February 13, 2024 9:34 PM

What I don't understand is that LW was ready to jump ship to Y&R and GH in turn rewards her planned disloyalty by coddling her? FV's spitefulness is selective as to who he unleashes it on.

by Anonymousreply 424February 13, 2024 9:36 PM

R415 Both Adam/Nik are out, for now, unless Patrick Mulcahey/Elizabeth Korte want to write Nik back in. Frank apparently wants a permanent Nik once the character is brought back on a full-time basis.

by Anonymousreply 425February 13, 2024 9:40 PM

As suggested on TwiiterX, they need to do a time jump. Not a huge one, just a year or two.

A great way to clean house, wrap up storylines with just a line or two reference as to what happened, bury bad storylines and insert recasts.

by Anonymousreply 426February 13, 2024 9:47 PM

R424 FV has selective spitefulness, however he still can be somewhat petty to those he admires but sees as disloyal, which is why he was planning on bringing in Tamara Braun back as Carly, when LW was ready to jump ship, so that's why he still brought her on as Kim. He was also being petty by forcing Sonny and Carly together for all those years when Maurice wanted out. He can really only go so far with those two, especially Maurice, seeing how he rallied the trips to get Ron fired and went behind Frank's back and got Steve rehired seven years ago. LW is also a kiss-up, so she probably also explained her way out of it, same way she "coincidentally" kept having Wes bring her to work and introduced him to Frank.

by Anonymousreply 427February 13, 2024 9:49 PM

*Meant rallied the troops" at R427 smh autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 428February 13, 2024 9:51 PM

R417 😆 Brian Frons didn't want to get rid of AMC, believe or not, just OLTL. Moving AMC to LA was his way of rescuing it, since production in NY was too expensive for soaps, so that left OLTL as the only remaining one. OLTL continued to out perform AMC, so the decision to cancel both happened. Lorraine Broderick probably would've had Frank as her EP and Ron as her co-hw or associate hw at AMC instead of them on GH

by Anonymousreply 429February 13, 2024 10:05 PM

Blaze is getting a mother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430February 13, 2024 11:16 PM

Blaze is getting a mother yet Laura has no adult children on canvas just a baby to play patty cake and peek a boo with. SMDH.

by Anonymousreply 431February 13, 2024 11:19 PM

I don’t understand why they refuse to keep AH around. Give the man a contract already. Test him around the canvas and write for him. It’s so stupid to keep that big headed baby around but not Nik. Do a paternity test, reveal Ace is not Nik’s and ship him off. They won’t write for Nik but have Gregory and Finn on everyday. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 432February 13, 2024 11:25 PM

Gregory and Hat Daddy being on contract the past couple of years should be grounds for firing FV. Taj is on contract and rarely used. Now a new character gets a mother while all of Laura's adult kids are MIA.

by Anonymousreply 433February 13, 2024 11:28 PM

Laura having so little family in town is the reason they gave her a brother. And another brother.

by Anonymousreply 434February 13, 2024 11:34 PM

So, is Chase's mother, Jackie Templeton, going to come back to town for the wedding?

And if so, is Kim Delaney going to be playing her again.

by Anonymousreply 435February 13, 2024 11:35 PM

I’m sick of stunt casting on GH. It rarely works in soaps. They brought her on for a handful of Y&R episodes to play Jordi Vilasuso’s mother. His MOTHER.

by Anonymousreply 436February 13, 2024 11:42 PM

r434

All of Laura's children should be on canvas

by Anonymousreply 437February 13, 2024 11:56 PM

Has Scotty and NuJagger interacted yet?

by Anonymousreply 438February 14, 2024 12:04 AM

R431 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 439February 14, 2024 12:18 AM

Lucky and Lulu should be on GH! Recast them both.

by Anonymousreply 440February 14, 2024 12:31 AM

R435 Rumors are that Kim Delaney isn't reprising her role anytime soon, because of her recent legal troubles. Originally, there was interest in Demi Moore returning, before recasting with Kim Delaney, yet Demi turned down their offer, although it was rumored that she did consider it (same for John Stamos; he ultimately chose not to return after being asked a couple of times). If anything, they'd have to recast again or just explain her absence, unless Kim reconsiders (supposedly they already filmed or have started filming the wedding scenes)

by Anonymousreply 441February 14, 2024 12:35 AM

R438 I don't believe they have; what's interesting is that on Port Charles, they at least tried recasting Karen with women who bore somewhat of a resemblance to Cari Shayne, with Jennifer Hammon and Marie Wilson. Frank seems to interfere with Mark Teacher's casting a lot, so if it were up to Mark, he probably would've went for someone who favored Antonio Sabato Jr.

by Anonymousreply 442February 14, 2024 12:38 AM

That should read Mark Teschner at R442

by Anonymousreply 443February 14, 2024 12:40 AM

Hate to say it because I loved her as Jenny on AMC, but I found Kim Delaney off-putting during her stint as Jackie. Why would they even want her back. Recast if she needs to attend the wedding of Chase and Chaste.

by Anonymousreply 444February 14, 2024 12:50 AM

NuJagger certainly has gotten a lot of airtime since the beginning of February.

If, as someone here said, its true and NuJagger's first scenes weren't even filmed until Jan. 16, it leaves me wondering, what non-NuJagger scenes did they originally have in there that has been eliminated by inserting the NuJaggar plot?

What storyline got jettisoned in favor of NuJagger? Whatever storyline it was, it clearly involved Anna and Sonny and Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 445February 14, 2024 5:38 AM

R444 Chase and Chaste 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 446February 14, 2024 9:47 AM

R445 More than likely it was the Jason return story and the lead up to it. Apparently that was the story that sealed Chris and Dan's firing, for the network felt it was absolute garbage (rumors had Steve initially filming in January, with his first onscreen appearance on February 2nd, until the story was trashed; Jagger's first appearance ended up being February 2nd, with Steve's filming pushed to February, with a first airdate of March 4th)

by Anonymousreply 447February 14, 2024 9:55 AM

Too bad Jason didn't wash up on the PA side of the river, and was nursed back to health by a vengeful Nelle, who turned him against Carly and Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 448February 14, 2024 10:42 AM

Even though no one should ever believe a word said by a TV executive, the only thing that would make me believe that the network is truly committed to the show is if they got rid of Frank. You can't keep changing the writers, while the same producer remains in place year after year after year.

by Anonymousreply 449February 14, 2024 12:29 PM

This is crap! We don’t need more characters we need the old ones we love. So much for Blaze being Skye’s daughter Lila Rae. What the hell GH?!

Please Frank be spiteful send that unlikeable Laura Wright packing and steal Tamara Braun back as the greatest Carly!

by Anonymousreply 450February 14, 2024 3:00 PM

Steve indicated in his most recent podcast with Bradford that when he went to the GH lot to film on Feb. 5, that was the first time he had been to the GH lot since his departure in November 2021.

So, he definitely didn't film scenes in January that were later scrapped.

by Anonymousreply 451February 14, 2024 5:45 PM

Did a woman named Nina hurt Chris or Dan? FTLOG, why does everything get blamed on this character?

by Anonymousreply 452February 15, 2024 12:02 AM

R451 Never stated that he filmed any scenes in January that were later "scrapped." Said that they were planning a Jason returns story which would've had him filming in January, until everything was thrown out and rewritten, pushing his first tape date to February

by Anonymousreply 453February 15, 2024 5:09 AM

R452 That's mainly Elizabeth Korte who can't stand Nina. Chris and Dan wanted Carly to have a "worthy rival" and have them consistently one-up each other, but Korte always ensures Carly wins. It's most likely going to get worse for Nina when Korte's stories go into effect

by Anonymousreply 454February 15, 2024 5:16 AM

After some nice ratings gains in January, GH lost more than 100k viewers the first week of Feb., falling under 2 million. It’s as if the audience fell off the boat with Spencer and Esme…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455February 15, 2024 12:52 PM

Along with the new HW team, they need to bring in a new wardrobe department. Start with makeovers for Fat Maxie and fashion magazine editor in chief Carly.

by Anonymousreply 456February 15, 2024 2:32 PM

Carly is setting the fashion trends for professional Karens with double-wide hips.

by Anonymousreply 457February 15, 2024 5:32 PM

Did JPS get fillers?

by Anonymousreply 458February 15, 2024 7:06 PM

So, was bringing in NuJagger one of Dan and Chris' ideas?

Or is it Patrick Mulcahey and Elizabeth Korte's idea?

by Anonymousreply 459February 15, 2024 7:10 PM

R459 Supposedly it was Frank's idea, after Antonio Sabato Jr. chimed in when Ingo Rademacher criticized Frank, once again, on social media. Antonio used to frequently campaign for his job back, asking Frank to bring him on, yet Frank would constantly ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 460February 15, 2024 7:28 PM

R459 Btw Elizabeth Korte and Patrick Mulcahey's stories together will first appear in March; Korte "cleaning up" Chris & Dan's "messes" will happen before that, end of February/beginning of March

by Anonymousreply 461February 15, 2024 7:30 PM

I do wonder what they offered Mulcahey to come out of retirement and to head write on top of that.

by Anonymousreply 462February 16, 2024 1:42 AM

Nathan Varni is "allegedly" the one who suggested GH get rid of Roger Howarth as Austin and bring Steve Burton back as Jason. Apparently Frank barely has any pull anymore, so anything he wants, along with what the writers want, has to go through Nathan Varni. Chris and Dan were casualities, for Nathan felt that a writing change was necessary. Frank is still rumored to be on very thin ice

James Patrick Stuart is rumored to be out, although he was planning to temporarily vacate to film his show "Villains of the Valley" those plans no longer interfere with filming GH, yet JPS (who's primarily there because of his friendship with Frank) could be the next to go (unless Nathan Varni keeps him around, for Patrick Mulcahey enjoys writing for Cassadines)

by Anonymousreply 463February 16, 2024 6:36 PM

Correction, that should read "The Villains of Valley View" at R463

by Anonymousreply 464February 16, 2024 6:42 PM

It would be disastrous for JPS to leave; the show’s only interesting male characters are Cassadines, and as we’ve seen these past couple of weeks, it’s a disaster when they’re all off canvas.

by Anonymousreply 465February 16, 2024 6:50 PM

JPS and FH are the only couple that have chemistry. Plus, he's on recurring so what would be the cost savings? They can use him as little or as much as they want. Did he piss someone off?

Also, any updates on John J. York? He did an update first of the year but I don't think anything since then. He had lost his hair in that video.

by Anonymousreply 466February 16, 2024 6:53 PM

GH can no longer afford the Botox rider in JPS's contract.

by Anonymousreply 467February 16, 2024 7:34 PM

NuJagger is on contract as per today's closing credits.

by Anonymousreply 468February 16, 2024 7:38 PM

[quote]GH can no longer afford the Botox rider in JPS's contract.

LOL! He certainly seems to love Botox. He does use quite a bit of it.

by Anonymousreply 469February 16, 2024 7:44 PM

R465 Patrick Mulcahey might be interested in keeping him around, Elizabeth Korte as well. Although ultimately its a network decision.

by Anonymousreply 470February 16, 2024 7:55 PM

Think its actually more so his refusal to sign a contract when offered, if anything. Seems to be a power issue, in regards to Frank "letting the inmates run the asylum" for so long that the network is tired of it (letting actors dictate storylines, refusing to sign contracts, etc.)

John J. York says that he still has a long road ahead of him, however treatment is going well, so he expects to start taking again towards the end of spring/early summer

by Anonymousreply 471February 16, 2024 8:09 PM

R467 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 472February 16, 2024 8:10 PM

R468 Rumor has Anna and NuJagger as a possible couple

by Anonymousreply 473February 16, 2024 8:11 PM

It should say John J. York expects to "start taping again" towards end of spring or early summer

by Anonymousreply 474February 16, 2024 8:14 PM

Any chance Laura and Kevin will rename Ace during the adoption process? Barnabas sounds better with Collins. Barnabas Collins. They can call him Barnie.

by Anonymousreply 475February 16, 2024 11:57 PM

I'm creeped out by Cyrus. He looked better with the long hair and beard and mustache. Can't stand to look at him now.

by Anonymousreply 476February 16, 2024 11:58 PM

Barnabas does not float my boat and it would be somewhat disrespectful to his mother to rename him.

That said, if they did, I would want Laura to pick a family name (other than Ryan).

by Anonymousreply 477February 17, 2024 8:33 PM

Not a Dark Shadows fan, r477?

by Anonymousreply 478February 17, 2024 8:55 PM

The thought of Korte “cleaning” up any mess leftover from C&D is hysterical considering she’s a big reason for most of it. She’s played a large part in why this show is unwatchable starting with her Carly obsession.

Avery Pohl said in a Zoom yesterday she was fired six months ago during the writers strike. She was told the reasoning behind it was a “restructuring” of the show.

by Anonymousreply 479February 18, 2024 5:48 AM

R479 I came here to mention the Avery Pohl message as well, about being fired during the strike because the show is in the process of retooling.

Yes Korte is practically just as bad as CVE and DOC, especially since final scripts are approved by her and she has a bad habit of changing things, especially if it's in Carly's favor. She's never actually wanted the head writing job again, after her short stint in 2001, but she accepted it, nevertheless, but at least she won't be the sole head writer.

Cam Mathison has also revealed that he expects to take a good amount of time off, because of extreme IBS

by Anonymousreply 480February 18, 2024 6:12 AM

There's rumored to be trouble in paradise for young lovers Eden and Evan

by Anonymousreply 481February 18, 2024 6:13 AM

Olivia Jerome's death was originally part of the first Jason returns story (written by CVE and DOC) which would've led to the reveal of both Morgan and Jason's mother Susan Moore being alive and well (Morgan was also still rumored to possibly be the one targeting Sonny, through brainwashing)

by Anonymousreply 482February 18, 2024 6:17 AM

The retooling of the show is part of the networks' efforts to make GH more dramatic, to bring back lapsed viewers

by Anonymousreply 483February 18, 2024 6:19 AM

Patrick Mulcahey is rumored to have already causing ruffles among certain feathers by "allegedly" wanting to do away with the mob and focus more on families and romance, with the mob as more of a backdrop. Amongst those who's rumored to be the most upset- Maurice.

by Anonymousreply 484February 18, 2024 6:21 AM

Elizabeth Korte is a hardcore Carly stan, so she has a bad habit of changing things if it isn't in Carly's favor, I should say at R480

by Anonymousreply 485February 18, 2024 6:24 AM

Patrick Mulcahey also likes to write storylines that border on being messy, so he might just liven up GH

by Anonymousreply 486February 18, 2024 6:44 AM

Were E&E every really together, R481, or was it just showmance? I’ve noticed how few scenes they’ve had together since Eden’s been back.

by Anonymousreply 487February 18, 2024 12:37 PM

Is EH straight?

Is EH really gone?

by Anonymousreply 488February 18, 2024 12:40 PM

EH isn’t gone for good. He just talked about meeting SBu in an interview. I’m sure Dex will turn out to be Jagger’s kid.

by Anonymousreply 489February 18, 2024 1:03 PM

Magat Tonya Walker didn't waste any time whining about her character being killed off screen. She can go commiserate with Ingo and Antonio.

Unfortunately, they can't kill off Jax because losing a parent, even a fictional one, would be too much for Eden right now. Maybe end of the year? Or they can bring back TempJoss for a week or two just to take care of business where Ingo's character is concerned.

I frankly love that Frank recast Jagger and made him blonde to boot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490February 18, 2024 2:35 PM

R487 Yes. Eden had a boyfriend named Jose San Martin when Evan first joined the show, she "allegedly" cheated on Jose with Evan, similarly to how Joss cheated on Cameron with Dex. There are still rumors about Evan being bisexual, however, which is why some doubt they were/are together.

R488 Rumors are that he's bi, although unconfirmed. Yes he's still on the show.

by Anonymousreply 491February 18, 2024 4:45 PM

R490 She really was holding out hope for a return. Olivia still can since no one really stays deceased on soaps, but for now it looks like that ship has sailed. Olivia Jerome and Alex Olanov from OLTL were possibly the same person, that's where they were going with it (just like that whole Lorenzo Alcazar/Tomas Delgado dropped storyline)

by Anonymousreply 492February 18, 2024 4:49 PM

Supposedly Patrick Mulcahey specifically requested Elizabeth Korte as his co-hw, for the plan was for him to do it all on his own (with Elizabeth still in place as the associate head writer)

by Anonymousreply 493February 18, 2024 4:51 PM

Rumors have Nicholas Chavez returning in May, to fulfill his contractual obligations

by Anonymousreply 494February 18, 2024 11:44 PM

I'm surprised Patrick didn't ask for Michele Val Jean to be his co/HW

by Anonymousreply 495February 18, 2024 11:55 PM

R456 R457 Apparently their current wardrobe stylist was recommended by Laura Wright, however some (like Kirsten and Lynn) frequently provide their own wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 496February 19, 2024 12:02 AM

R495 I was wondering that too, except I think she's still under contract at B&B

by Anonymousreply 497February 19, 2024 12:03 AM

Has Nicholas Bechtel had a growth spurt? Could he be reinstated as Spencer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498February 19, 2024 12:33 AM

Mother of those twins that play Ace is in the hospital. She's blathering on about her "GH family". I smell a GFM in the works.

by Anonymousreply 499February 19, 2024 1:06 AM

James Patrick Stuart's "Villains Of Valley View" has been cancelled

by Anonymousreply 500February 19, 2024 1:15 AM

JPS may want to rethink his refusal to sign a GH contract at this point, he's not getting any younger.

by Anonymousreply 501February 19, 2024 1:22 AM

R498 Yeah he's apparently he's come into his own and is an average teenager now, into shoes like Louis Vuitton. A far cry from the silly little kid lol

by Anonymousreply 502February 19, 2024 1:24 AM

R499 Yep, suffering from sepsis.

by Anonymousreply 503February 19, 2024 1:25 AM

R501 Definitely 😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 504February 19, 2024 1:26 AM

[quote]JPS may want to rethink his refusal to sign a GH contract at this point, he's not getting any younger.

I think he's smart not to sign. Recurring isn't like it was in the old days. Recurring characters get front burner stories and flexibility.

by Anonymousreply 505February 19, 2024 1:33 AM

Finola says that she thinks the audience will be pleased with the new material from Patrick Mulcahey/Elizabeth Korte (which they've already been filming)

by Anonymousreply 506February 19, 2024 2:08 AM

Usually it takes about three months between material being written and when it shows up on air (there are exceptions, like the Jagger insert and the rewriting of Jason's return story) on average, however they seem to be putting a rush job on Mulcahey/Korte's stories starting before the typical three month window

by Anonymousreply 507February 19, 2024 2:16 AM

[quote]Finola says that she thinks the audience will be pleased with the new material from Patrick Mulcahey/Elizabeth Korte (which they've already been filming)

Isn't the more important question, is Maurice pleased with the new material?

by Anonymousreply 508February 19, 2024 2:23 AM

R508 LMAO that really is the most important thing isn't it 😆 if the rumors are true, he's pissed about the possibility of less mob activity, once they resolve this "killing mob bosses/mob affiliates" story

by Anonymousreply 509February 19, 2024 2:47 AM

The storyline needs to be Sonny gets out of the Mob. It can have high stakes and Brenda waiting for him in the end to usher him off screen. This mobster and hitman roles are silly when it’s played by men in their 50s/60s. It needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 510February 19, 2024 3:15 PM

I'll never understand why TPTB at ABC and GH itself allow egomaniac actors to have a stranglehold on the show. Dictating storylines, hiring relatives and intimidating co-workers.

First Tony Geary and now sputtering Mo.

Also baffling is allowing NLG to refuse to do Cassadine stories, sack her, she's not as important as she thinks she is. Born again virgin Amanda Setton wants to be on a soap but not do love scenes, sack her. Frank wants to hire every out of work Tom, Dick and Harry from defunct soaps that text him while also recycling the same actors in multiple roles, sack him.

And why can't Snarly be given her walking papers and recast with Gina Tognoni? She's not even the OG Carly, she's #4. I understand reluctance to recast actors who originated a role but no one has nostalgia with Carly #4. That can't even show flashbacks of the most popular Carly storylines because she's not the OG. Send her and her annoying laugh, matronly wardrobe and clomping when she walks home to be with her under employed boyfriend full-time.

Rant over.

by Anonymousreply 511February 19, 2024 3:37 PM

Yes to all you said!!! We don’t need Alexis!

We need a new Carly! Gina is a great recast option if we can’t get back Tamara. Or even SjB who was more villainess than self righteous.

Yeah a young leading lady who doesn’t do tame love scenes can go - she played a hooker on OLTL so I don’t quite get it.

by Anonymousreply 512February 19, 2024 4:14 PM

I have a feeling TB wouldn't come back at this point after the debacle that was her last stint. Maybe if FV is gone but I don't know if even that would entice her.

I think SJB would in fact come back. She did Mo's show.

by Anonymousreply 513February 19, 2024 5:04 PM

R511 👏 👏 👏 👏

by Anonymousreply 514February 19, 2024 6:08 PM

R512 I think Amanda Setton was still single when she played Kim on OLTL, so she didn't have to deal with her husband and somehow "disrespecting" her marriage while there, along with her strict religious beliefs, which didn't seem to be apparent back then as well. Not that I'm agreeing with her stance on love scenes, just offering an explanation.

by Anonymousreply 515February 19, 2024 6:11 PM

R513 IA. Frank left a bad taste in her mouth, practically that whole experience entirely. She wasn't a fan of the writing team either, particularly Chris Van Etten and Shelly Altman, who were responsible for creating and introducing Kim. She would have to somehow make up with Frank, however she also seems content at DOOL at least for right now.

by Anonymousreply 516February 19, 2024 6:15 PM

It must be awkward for Swickard knowing Amanda's husband is scrutinizing every scene for impropriety.

There appears to be no photos available of Amanda's husband. Is he very ugly? Like Tina Fey's troll husband level ugly?

by Anonymousreply 517February 19, 2024 6:38 PM

I just feel like SjB and Tamara Braun are legacy actresses to GH. Hopefully one of them will be lured back and not as so/so side characters but as Carly! I liked Claudia enough but the writing didn’t do her any favors.

I prefer TB’s chemistry with the cast leads - Sonny, Jason, Sam and if they ever bring back Alcazar. Hopefully her love for the Carly character could put the Kim debacle and issues with FV behind her.

by Anonymousreply 518February 19, 2024 7:31 PM

There's a new report stating that both Avery Pohl and Adam Huss are on an "as needed" basis at GH, so they could both show up during NAC's scheduled return in a few months (and possibly beyond, if the story is true) yet Avery is also auditioning for other projects in the meantime.

by Anonymousreply 519February 19, 2024 9:18 PM

Shawn Butler was rumored to return under CVE/DOC, which could've coincided with his name being mentioned today, although now that might be off the table.

Alexis' quitting could play into the rumor that her career practicing law will soon resume again

by Anonymousreply 520February 19, 2024 9:22 PM

R517 😆 😆 supposedly Amanda prefers to keep her personal life private and out of the spotlight

by Anonymousreply 521February 19, 2024 9:23 PM

R518 What's interesting is that the execs are aware that Laura Wright's Carly isn't exactly well received (her frau fan base is out there, however she's frequently one of their main characters who viewers fast forward) for an exec years ago even asked, "What's the purpose of Carly, without Sonny?" and she sees the comments, sometimes she even engages, however when the critique of her being with Jason became too much for her to bear, she temporarily "quit Twitter."

by Anonymousreply 522February 19, 2024 9:31 PM

Rumors have Dex finding Jason and that he's Jason's oldest son (which was a rumor before) possibly with Courtney (the baby they lost together) or with someone else (during his disappearances from Port Charles)

by Anonymousreply 523February 19, 2024 9:40 PM

Alexis eventually quitting journalism and resuming her law career is rumored under Patrick Mulcahey/Elizabeth Korte

by Anonymousreply 524February 19, 2024 10:01 PM

Steve says that both Korte and Mulcahey are working on his return story (they're in conjunction with CVE/DOC's stories ending, then their other stories together will start in March) however it started with Korte (along with her straightening up any inconsistencies within CVE/DOC's final storylines)

by Anonymousreply 525February 19, 2024 10:14 PM

Steve's ex-wife had another baby. He must love seeing those photos plastered all over Page Six. She hasn't married the guy, probably doesn't want to give up the alimony. I wonder if SB has a lot of pent-up anger over the public embarrassment. The Daily Mail was relentless with the story when it first broke that his wife was pregnant not with his kid.

by Anonymousreply 526February 19, 2024 10:19 PM

I'm sure he's pissed 😆 she got pregnant with her first baby outside of him before they even separated. I wonder if he had a vasectomy, so he knew the baby couldn't possibly be his, or if he first assumed that he was the father, only for her to tell him that he wasn't, resulting in him filing for separation.

He also leaked their story to the media if I'm not mistaken. It's interesting that she seemed to get pregnant shortly after he was let go by GH, almost as if she wanted an out, since his main source of income had dried up. Reportedly they also didn't sign a prenuptial agreement either

by Anonymousreply 527February 19, 2024 10:38 PM

Michael E. Knight is out.

I wonder if MEK is ill?

I bet he regrets coming up with the idea of the southern accent and then had to keep it up. It accent wasn't the writers' idea, it was his.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528February 20, 2024 2:25 AM

For anyone bored and looking for incredible acting......Carly confronts Bobbie about giving her daughter up for adoption. I forgot how worthless Tony was until watching this.....The action starts right at the beginning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529February 20, 2024 6:21 AM

According to an old long-standing rumor, the reason why Maurice originally instructed the writers to not have any Corinthos' children rebellious or rebel against him is because he was worried that the audience would see Sonny as a bad parent, with Laura Wright in agreement when it came to Carly's kids as well.

Bad parenting wasn't the case with Morgan since he was diagnosed bipolar, however Michael in the mob (under Guza), choosing AJ over Sonny or sleeping with Brenda and having a baby with her (under Ron) were not the representations that Maurice wanted for Michael- especially the AJ situation, which was what Ron had planned before Maurice derailed that story. Maurice has a vision of Michael as an upstanding citizen, which stifled many storylines the writers had planned for him. Basically, Corinthos offspring and Josslyn by extension weren't supposed to be troubled teens or scheming adults, which also can be attributed to Kristina never really being as bad as the writers wanted her to be as well. Therefore, this resulted in them all being pretty boring.

Apparently Maurice and Laura also don't want many of Sonny and Carly's past misdeeds being brought up in their face by their children, or anything that would remotely create tension and having their children despise them. Maurice wanted Sonny with Nina so badly (along with his son on) that he was willing to compromise slightly, which is why Michael was allowed to seek revenge on him (and why Josslyn was allowed to stay upset with him).

With the network now on a "Frank and actors be damned" kick, "allegedly," it'll be interesting to see how long this will carry on before Maurice throws a tantrum. Patrick Mulcahey is known to be pretty vocal and isn't afraid to go up against anyone when it comes to crafting a story the way he wants to write it, so tension could possibly arise.

by Anonymousreply 530February 20, 2024 9:20 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531February 20, 2024 9:31 AM

However, it should also be noted again that Laura Wright pretty much has always loved being a part of the "in crowd" and always seems to side with Maurice, so obviously she's playing the long game. Jennifer Bransford was the only other Carly that never gave Maurice or the writers any push back, unlike Sarah and Tamara who were known to speak up for themselves whether or not Maurice agreed with them or not (it could also be that Jennifer just wasn't there long enough). Although she comes off very unlikeable, Laura isn't nearly as problematic as Maurice, which is another reason why she's lasted so long, even when there were a couple instances of her losing her role in an effort to give it back to Tamara (twice)

by Anonymousreply 532February 20, 2024 9:32 AM

R531 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 533February 20, 2024 9:33 AM

Interesting that Nancy Lee and Eva La Rue have onscreen daughters who are in a relationship together, which will eventually lead to them sharing scenes, after NLG publicly denounced Eva's ex John Callahan as a "sexual predator" immediately after he passed away

by Anonymousreply 534February 20, 2024 9:38 AM

Apparently Jason was supposed to be the shooter under CVE/DOC, which ended up being the story that the network trashed and fired them, for that was the last straw. Now, "allegedly," it isn't Jason

by Anonymousreply 535February 20, 2024 3:28 PM

Heather is the shooter.

Franco needs propping: Heather! Hook story loses steam: Heather! No more investment in Esme's back-story: Heather!

by Anonymousreply 536February 20, 2024 4:24 PM

R536 Good point 😆

by Anonymousreply 537February 20, 2024 4:29 PM

[quote]Apparently Jason was supposed to be the shooter under CVE/DOC, which ended up being the story that the network trashed and fired them, for that was the last straw. Now, "allegedly," it isn't Jason

I just read somewhere that they started the GH retooling during the strike. Which I'm not even sure is kosher under union rules, but whatever. Did CVE/DOC write Jason's return before they left on strike?

by Anonymousreply 538February 20, 2024 4:29 PM

Wonder if it still is Jason, just executed differently under Korte & Mulcahey. CVE/DOC were planning to bring back Jason's mother and Morgan 😁 😁 think that's what did them in too

by Anonymousreply 539February 20, 2024 4:30 PM

R538 No they wrote Jason's return once they returned from striking, during September-December was when they were back writing, with Jason's return being written in December (the first part of it) and they were planning to continue on with it after the holiday break, yet that's when they were fired and replaced.

You're right, that's isn't exactly kosher lol except this was what the network held discussions on, because they saw the positive feedback from the audience under Frank and the scab/producers writing, so they started to believe that they would be better off without CVE/DOC. However legally they couldn't get rid of them during the strike, so they waited until they were back for at least three months.

by Anonymousreply 540February 20, 2024 4:36 PM

Someone needs to inform Real about how spiteful FV is. This will not work in his favor, asking the fans to "make noise". And I may be mistaken, but I don't think God is involved in soap opera casting decisions.

I fully expect a recast Taggert in the near future with a full head of hair. That's just how Frank rolls, no?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541February 20, 2024 5:01 PM

I for one did not think the show got much better with scabs in charge.

by Anonymousreply 542February 20, 2024 5:04 PM

R541 Taggert with a full head of hair 😆 😆 yeah that's definitely how Frank rolls

by Anonymousreply 543February 20, 2024 5:13 PM

R542 😁 I think they were more pleased with the enthusiasm that a lot of fans expressed in the absence of CVE/DOC. However, there are many who share your sentiment and felt that it wasn't much of a difference, probably because Frank was still there, rewriting scripts and changing storylines. Nathan Varni was brought back to "oversee GH" in the fall of 2022, so he's been watching carefully and reporting back to the network. Back in December, he flat out asked the fans what could they do to make the show better, how could they bring back lapsed viewers, with an overwhelming response explaining why they quit GH. The writing was one of the fans main complaints.

by Anonymousreply 544February 20, 2024 5:19 PM

Rumor has Genie Francis possibly out- her husband is expected to direct a 10-episode series in Bulgaria, with the possibility of her joining him. Some are speculating that this could be why it was easier to write Nik and Martin out, with Laura off canvas. Patrick Mulcahey apparently isn't exactly her biggest fan either, for they weren't always on best terms back in the 90's when he was writing at GH (though that could be water under the bridge now)

by Anonymousreply 545February 20, 2024 5:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546February 20, 2024 5:37 PM

Interesting, r545. Will Kevin raise his great nephew/step-grandson/adopted son Ace on his own? Or is Ace going with Laura and the Ace twins thereby unemployed at the ripe old age of one?

They need to get rid of Cyrus too.

I really think the writers need to do a one-year time jump to properly clean house and reset families. They can just have one sentence explanations for what happened to certain people and then move on.

by Anonymousreply 547February 20, 2024 5:42 PM

R546 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 548February 20, 2024 6:19 PM

I love Korber's Cyrus. So many missed story opportunities since his introduction. He is the kind of creeping menace that can bring a lot of chaos. I'd love to see Laura vs. Cyrus for the soul of Port Charles. But, alas...

by Anonymousreply 549February 20, 2024 6:22 PM

R547 Some speculated that Elizabeth would offer to raise Ace, but that was before the exiting rumors, so that could be a possibility. Either that, or I could see them writing Kevin and Ace out right along with her, including Cyrus. I know it's just a rumor, however the show really seems interested in "restructuring" itself and Avery Pohl already confirmed that. Genie leaving obviously would be on her own accord however I don't think they would see a reason to keep Kevin around, unless it were for a Scott/Lucy/Kevin redux, although Scotty and Lucy are rumored to be out as well.

by Anonymousreply 550February 20, 2024 6:23 PM

I liked the original version of Cyrus not Reverend Cyrus. But I guess they had to neuter original Cyrus like they do all strong and viable opponents of Sonny's who are better actors and have a stronger presence than him.

by Anonymousreply 551February 20, 2024 6:26 PM

Maurice is an idiot! He needs TB back as Carly it was his only successful pairing outside of Brenda. Sonny and Carly should be endgame!

by Anonymousreply 552February 20, 2024 7:15 PM

Why does it seem like every character is potentially out except for Sonny, Carly, and her hellspawn?

by Anonymousreply 553February 20, 2024 7:20 PM

R552 Vanessa said that she'd return to usher Sonny out, whenever he's ready to retire, so Brenda and Sonny can walk off together and have their endgame

by Anonymousreply 554February 20, 2024 7:58 PM

R553 😆 that's really an excellent observation

by Anonymousreply 555February 20, 2024 7:58 PM

Don’t listen to unfounded rumors.

by Anonymousreply 556February 20, 2024 10:03 PM

R556 Sometimes rumors turn out to be true

by Anonymousreply 557February 20, 2024 10:31 PM

And even a broken clock is correct twice a day, r557.

I’d advise everyone to be careful of their sources

by Anonymousreply 558February 20, 2024 11:10 PM

R558 Just sharing information that's floating around.

by Anonymousreply 559February 20, 2024 11:24 PM

Fair enough. I welcome any conversation, even if it’s just inane speculation by a recluse fan.

by Anonymousreply 560February 20, 2024 11:39 PM

NuJagger says he originally auditioned for another role that he didn't get after chem testing with LW. I'm guessing that was the guy who is now in prison (Brennan?) that brought Carly flowers? Mark Teschner told him to hang on they had something else coming up and they called him back. Good to know they've already eliminated Carly as a possible pairing for him. Adam Harrington has done the requisite kissing of the ring in the interview. Adam is from Canada as is DZ and their dads know each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561February 20, 2024 11:43 PM

R560 Lol you couldn't be any further from the truth. Is this about Genie? You seem personally offended.

by Anonymousreply 562February 20, 2024 11:51 PM

R561 Yeah most likely it was for Brennan. Interesting that their dad's know each other 😁 small world.

by Anonymousreply 563February 20, 2024 11:54 PM

The true supercouple is Jason and Sonny. When will these two "tough dudes" kiss?

by Anonymousreply 564February 21, 2024 12:12 AM

Michele val Jean is out at B&B- part of their writing team since exiting GH in 2011 (after Bob Guza's firing/Jill Farren Phelps allowance of more creative control over the writers storylines) and could be on her way back to GH (she's good friends with Patrick Mulcahey, Nancy Lee Grahn, Jon Lindstrom, Elizabeth Korte, among others)

by Anonymousreply 565February 21, 2024 12:45 PM

Nina's looks cute with her hair in a bun.

Tracy needs to ditch the bun.

by Anonymousreply 566February 21, 2024 8:19 PM

Ron C.'s material first aired onscreen today, back in 2012.

When ABC decided to cancel OLTL, they also threw AMC and GH in as well, planning to get rid of all three in one fell swoop. Brian Frons begged them not to cancel GH (because of his friends Guza and Phelps) then in turn had to fire them to save himself, only to be forced to resign after failing to meet ABC's expectations. GH had a cancellation date set for 1/4/2013 until Frank and Ron saved it.

by Anonymousreply 567February 21, 2024 9:02 PM

What happened between Ron and Frank? No longer on speaking terms I gather.

by Anonymousreply 568February 21, 2024 9:13 PM

Ron ate the last bagel.

by Anonymousreply 569February 21, 2024 9:56 PM

I have a feeling Eva Larue is going to tank the same way Kim Delaney did. Her only chance is if Sonny knocks her character up..

by Anonymousreply 570February 21, 2024 11:12 PM

What is Bob Guza doing now?

by Anonymousreply 571February 21, 2024 11:18 PM

[quote]What is Bob Guza doing now?

Same thing he's been doing since the early 2000s. Masterbating about Sonny and Jason.

by Anonymousreply 572February 21, 2024 11:30 PM

R568 Frank essentially threw Ron under the bus and fired him after the network became disappointed with GH's failing ratings, 13 weeks consecutive record lows in 2015, combined with increased pressure placed on the network by Maurice, who organized a mutiny led by him (along with Chad Duell and Bryan Craig as his primary co-conspirators) to have Ron fired.

For GH's 60th anniversary last year, Ron wished them well on Instagram, finishing with this message, requesting an apology, to the current cast:

"Happy 60th anniversary to General Hospital, a show I started watching since I was 10 years old. I grew up on the Quartermaine's and the Scorpio's and Anna Devane and Heather Webber and Lucy Coe and countless others and my love for all these characters eventually led me to write soaps for a living.

There are so many wonderful and talented people in Port Charles and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, even though it ended on a sour note and there are certain individuals there who owe me an apology that I'm pretty sure I'll never get.

To the rest, big congrats on 60 years, and I hope many more! Long live GH!"

by Anonymousreply 573February 22, 2024 12:42 AM

Why were Chad and Bryan anti Ron?

by Anonymousreply 574February 22, 2024 12:48 AM

Thanks, r573. Chad and Bryan having the clout to influence decisions both makes me laugh and makes me sick.

I can't stand Chad and his pursed lips and annoying voice. So miscast as a mobster's son, adopted or not. He doesn't have any presence or gravitas as a businessman either. He should have been sacked long ago.

by Anonymousreply 575February 22, 2024 12:59 AM

Apparently March 5th is the scheduled first airdate of Patrick Mulcahey/Elizabeth Korte's material. This is according to latest spoilers. Also, Carly and Drew are ending in favor of an eventual Carly and Jason reunion.

by Anonymousreply 576February 22, 2024 1:05 AM

R569 😂

by Anonymousreply 577February 22, 2024 1:06 AM

R570 You could be on to something, for apparently Sonny and Natalia are sharing scenes pretty soon

by Anonymousreply 578February 22, 2024 1:08 AM

R571 He was busy writing plays, off off Broadway in recent years. He's still married to actress/writer Meg Bennett (she took over head writing duties from him when he left Sunset Beach for his first stint as hw at General Hospital, back in '97; she also played the mother of Sam's lookalike, Alicia Montenegro, during that "Dancing with the Stars" storyline addition in 2005 and was the co-hw at GH with Guza from Feb.-Oct. 2007)

by Anonymousreply 579February 22, 2024 1:13 AM

R572 🤣 Wouldn't be surprised in the least

by Anonymousreply 580February 22, 2024 1:14 AM

Chris & Dan had a planned Morgan return, most likely as a recast, however Korte took it off the table

by Anonymousreply 581February 22, 2024 1:16 AM

R574 Because of their loyalty to their "Papa" Maurice really takes on a father figure role to his onscreen children as if they're actually his own, so they wanted to appease him. Chad even stayed at Maurice's when something happened with his place, someone also mentioned that here after it occurred.

by Anonymousreply 582February 22, 2024 1:19 AM

Chad stayed at Maurice's apartment, I should say at R582 while he was waiting to move into his first home. Maurice has an apartment that he stays in, with a roommate, whenever he films GH because his main family home is two hours away from the studio location.

by Anonymousreply 583February 22, 2024 1:26 AM

R575 You're welcome. Maurice is why he's kept his gig for so long, there have been calls to recast Michael for years yet Maurice won't allow it.

by Anonymousreply 584February 22, 2024 1:28 AM

Michele van Jean back to GH is apparently pretty much a done deal

by Anonymousreply 585February 22, 2024 1:56 AM

😆 autocorrect that should say Michele val Jean at R585

by Anonymousreply 586February 22, 2024 2:01 AM

I think that person above is wrong. It was Tony Geary, Maurice, Jane Elliot, NLG, and Stafford, as reported on Twitter, which I don't always believe, but I believe that one. I even remember them alluding to that group on Daytime Confidential podcast. Duell and Craig didn't have the clout or interest to get involved in that. What daytime exec is going to take Maurice seriously with Duell and Craig as his backup.

by Anonymousreply 587February 22, 2024 2:16 AM

I can’t believe Tracy and Alexis are in a triangle with a dying man. Riveting soap!

by Anonymousreply 588February 22, 2024 2:28 AM

If Ron came up with Pickle Lila, then I don't blame Jane if she was in on it.

by Anonymousreply 589February 22, 2024 2:28 AM

r582, I've mentioned a few times that Chad said on Mo's show that he stayed at Mo's place for a couple of months while his house was being built.

Reason I mentioned it was that when Tyler Christopher was on Mo's show he said that when he came back to L.A. he was homeless for two weeks, sleeping on a park bench and had actually called Mo. It didn't appear Mo offered him a place to stay. He gave Chad who had a very comfortable, steady income a place to stay but not homeless Tyler? Granted Tyler had issues and may have been exaggerating or troublesome, but Mo claimed to be his good and close friend. Couldn't at least have given him some money for a cheap motel for a few nights if he was indeed without a place to stay.

by Anonymousreply 590February 22, 2024 2:46 AM

[quote]Couldn't at least have given him some money for a cheap motel for a few nights if he was indeed without a place to stay.

He'll use the money to buy booze or crack or meth and still be living on the street.

by Anonymousreply 591February 22, 2024 2:57 AM

R587 There was a personal appearance Maurice had where he announced that the writer had to go, because he didn't like Sonny, therefore that was a problem. I didn't list everyone involved because Maurice was the main one yet there were many others involved, including Tony Geary of course. I'm saying that Chad and Bryan went along with Maurice's plan as well and bragged about Ron getting the axe at the personal appearance smh

by Anonymousreply 592February 22, 2024 2:58 AM

R587 It wasn't just Maurice, Chad and Bryan; I'm saying they were part of the group that Maurice organized and were the main ones vocal about it at the personal appearance. Maurice rounded up practically enough people to get Ron fired, obviously not jus his onscreen sons

by Anonymousreply 593February 22, 2024 3:01 AM

Listen, I'm not trying to start anything. I remember the appearance you're talking about, and Chad and Bryan probably went along in that public appearance, but Chad and Bryan were not in the group who went to ABC. Only "senior" people on the show. They first went to Frank and then over Frank's head. And Tony Geary was the ring leader.

by Anonymousreply 594February 22, 2024 3:04 AM

R588 They might change his diagnosis to something other than what he thinks it is

by Anonymousreply 595February 22, 2024 3:04 AM

R589 Pickle Lila was apparently Ron's idea

by Anonymousreply 596February 22, 2024 3:05 AM

r591, he could have pre-paid for the motel with a credit card and no cash to Tyler. I've done that for a friend having a hard time in the past, no cash changed hands, I just paid for the motel. It gave friend a chance to shower, get a good night's sleep, make appointments, get in touch with social services for help, etc.

by Anonymousreply 597February 22, 2024 3:07 AM

R597 Thanks I saw that story about Chad staying with Maurice temporarily as well, along with your posting about it. IA that Maurice seemed to be selective when it comes to helping friends of his and he even said something about knowing that would possibly be their last time seeing Tyler alive during their final encounter

by Anonymousreply 598February 22, 2024 3:09 AM

I never said that Chad and Bryan went directly in person to any meetings regarding getting rid of Ron, I'm saying that they were in that group collectively to get rid of him behind the scenes, which they were. And Maurice was who I've always heard organized it but I heard that Tony was heavily involved as well

by Anonymousreply 599February 22, 2024 3:12 AM

Guess it's about time for a new thread

by Anonymousreply 600February 22, 2024 3:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!