Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are Trumpeters so quick to believe rumors, but doubt facts?

My partner is very progressive, but his sister and brother are totally in the tank for Trump. So you can image how Thanksgiving went. On top of traveling across country and having to stay in their McMansion (yes they are not all poor) I promised my other half not to talk politics, never mentioned Biden or Trump's names once. So all they wanted to talk about was how climate change was BS, everyone is leaving California, Immigration, Imagination, Immigration, gas prices, Ukraine is done, Elon is fighting for free speech and no one is buying electric cars. Oh, and that stupid rumor about the new iPhone airdrop feature lets people steal you contact information.

Cherry on top, first thing they said when we got to the house was they watch both sides of the news, both are bullshit. But then they repeat all the Trumpy shit like fact.

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2023 4:06 AM

So they're ill mannered bringing all of this stuff up in front of your progressive partner and his gay husband?

That's the other part about Trumpkins - they can't shut the fuck up.

I would never set foot in that house again - I'm sorry, but they are horrible people.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2023 4:04 AM

Some people are stupid, don't become one of them.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2023 4:04 AM

Trumpers are fucking stupid

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2023 4:09 AM

I would have taken a dump in every one of their McMansion toilet tanks (upper deckers), then never return.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2023 4:11 AM

Thanks R1, I really cant say they are ill mannered out loud to my partner, he's very close to one of them. But you are right, super, tacky. Almost felt like we were being attacked. Like they were venting all their grievances about the left the first night we were there. It's also why I have not been there in 3 years. Thank you COVID!

Their obsession with CA was off the charts too. "It's all a wasteland except for the coast and the cities, that's why it so expensive to live there". Newsome, San Francisco, the homeless, Nancy Pelosi, bla, bla bla.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2023 4:19 AM

Don't bother your pretty head about it, OP. Donald Trump will NEVER be the President of the United States again.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2023 4:28 AM

The greatest explanation I’ve found so far:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2023 4:32 AM

“Tell me what I want to hear, it doesn’t have to be true. They like our money, not our values.”

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2023 4:33 AM

"I know it's obvious that Trump changes positions on a dime and how it's mystifying that his cult doesn't care, but picking all this apart is a fool's errand. They stick with him because he channels their diffuse anger about their lives at other Americans. But it's worse now:"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2023 1:34 PM

"After 2016, Trump voters thought they'd really made their point, pushed back change in America, and gained respect by electing a POTUS. All that blew up in their faces: They found out they're not a majority, and worse, the disdain of their fellow citizens only intensified. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2023 1:35 PM

"2020 and J6 compounded their sense of humiliation and grievance. The know Trump is making fools of them, but they will never admit it. And Biden winning was like a national slap in the face. So now they're with him no matter what. They don't care about policy or positions."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2023 1:35 PM

"And this time, they'll support him as he does even more desperate and hideous things. He could call for open borders and free abortions and most of them wouldn't care. All they care about is that he's promising to go after people they hate even more now than in 2016."

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2023 1:36 PM

"Talking about how he and Biden "differ on Issues X/Y/Z" is pointless and a distraction. It's all part of the "normal political horse race" narrative that is blinding people to the danger ahead."

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2023 1:37 PM

They are hateful and angry people, OP. And they are even more angered by the thought that you and your partner aren't as hateful and angry as they are.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2023 1:39 PM

Trump will not be elected so let’s just not discuss the impossible

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2023 1:44 PM

Because nobody else, not even other trumptards, want to keep hearing their dumb shit. So they scream and rage at anyone dumb enough to come in contact with them.

No, OP, these pathetic whiners cannot shut the FUCK about their idiotic conspiracies and grievances. What sad losers they are.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2023 1:52 PM

If Dump was elected, all he’d focus on is revenge. He’d do fuck all about anything, and hire a bunch of sycophants and family members to raid the cupboards (again). He’d also appoint a bunch of conservative judges to wind back the clock of progress on anything and everything that personally offends kkkristians. It doesn’t have to be something that personally affects them, it just has to be something they stamp their feet over, like gay people being happy.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2023 2:01 PM

I don't get the love for Musk, who makes electric cars and they hate electric cars.

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2023 2:18 PM

[quote] Their obsession with CA was off the charts too. "It's all a wasteland except for the coast and the cities, that's why it so expensive to live there".

I don't understand—they're saying the red part of California are "all a wasteland"? And they're blaming Democrats for that?

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2023 2:25 PM

Of course, R19, the leftist elites moved all the good stuff to the coast!

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2023 2:28 PM

Maybe these Trumpheads should learn a little geography and history.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2023 2:36 PM

People who are obsessed with politics are generally lacking in personality and creativity. They waste their time worrying about and complaining about things they cannot change. I consider it a type of personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2023 2:40 PM

It makes sense to distrust facts and simply not believe in practical solutions, that way strong men can tell you want to “feel”

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2023 2:40 PM

Doesn’t the question sort of answer itself?

Trump supporters are the stupidest people in America.

by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2023 2:42 PM

The essence of Magatry is that Trump's supporters need to "win," no matter what the issues are. So they just keep arguing and bloviating so as to feel that they're "winning." And the more you confront them with facts the more they keep at it, so as to "win" the next time (in their own minds, of course).

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2023 2:56 PM

Trump supporters are not smart. A YT clip had some guy saying Mike Lindell was JFK and another in tears at the thought of Dump losing in 2024. They can't even articulate why they support him.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2023 3:57 PM

The MAGAts I know get their "news" from randos on TikTok, their pastors, and memes. They admit it. Then, they lecture others as if they're experts on everything, to "do their research, too".

They actually think that huge government conspiracies are being uncovered and unveiled by someone their algorithm shat out on TikTok or an airbrushed meme someone in China made and their meemaw posted on Facebook.

You can't enlighten people like that. You can't argue with people like that. You can't teach people like that. You can just shun them and work with the people who operate in reality.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2023 4:35 PM

There is something in how MAGAts are immediately suspicious and skeptical of anything that comes out of a Democrat's mouth (no matter how innocuous or rational) but believe whatever preposterous shit Trump or Republicans are hollering about. I think a lot of these people have some sort of oppositional defiance disorder, combined with a deep well of anger and resentment. They're also lazy and want to blame everybody else for their lot in life.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's too bad Covid didn't kill off more of them. They're a drag on society.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2023 4:46 PM

[quote]I don't get the love for Musk, who makes electric cars and they hate electric cars.

So they hated Musk when he was in CA running Tesla which was selling well at the time and disproving all the negative about electric vehicles being popular. Then when he turned more Trumpy, like Trump himself they were all over anything he said that "owned the libs". It was like giving the left a big middle finger to them. But they still hate progressive ideas like electric vehicles and still say openly climate change is BS.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2023 10:48 PM

[quote]I don't understand—they're saying the red part of California are "all a wasteland"? And they're blaming Democrats for that?

Being from the east coast, and maybe only visiting California to see Venice or Hollywood or Disneyland, they have no clue that CA has very red parts of the state. They think all of CA is just part of Hollywood, a talking point they repeat ad nauseam. I was surprised, even their hanger on French expat said stupid shit like that. I had to remind him we have suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2023 10:54 PM

They are very very very stupid and very very very mentally ill. QED.

by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2023 2:12 AM

Progressives do the same thing. People believe everything they read on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2023 2:17 AM

“I told you before, tell me what I want to hear. It doesn’t have to be true.”

by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2023 2:18 AM

No they don't R32, maybe you think they do but that's typical of a Trumpeter. I never bought into the Jussie BS and MAGA has more fake GoFundMe accounts then children.

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2023 4:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!