Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Campy Christmas Movies

Post campy Christmas movies that I may not know about. I’m in the mood to watch something festive but funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 9, 2023 7:01 PM

"Christmas Evil" is fabulous fun.

A young boy witnesses Santa going down on his mom and is scarred forever. As an adult, he gets a job in a toy factory and becomes obsessed with who's naughty and nice. And then he decides to do something about the naughty ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2023 8:38 PM

Hey, OP. How about you post a list of your mental inventory of such movies and we'll get back to you.

Some people are so hungry and thirsty to be fed.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2023 9:46 PM

Gremlins is a Christmas Movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2023 4:31 AM

Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol

The Man Who Came to Dinner

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2023 9:36 PM

I don’t know why R2 was so mean but he hurt my feelings.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2023 10:02 PM

"The Christmas Setup" a gay themed movie.

I thought the two gay guys were bad casting, they seemed to have little chemistry and their two kisses were rather awkward. I wondered if the guy with the beard was straight and if that explained the lack of chemistry between them so I looked him up. Turns out they are both gay and married in real life .

Staring Fran Drescher, Blake Lee and Ben Lewis.

Blake Lee is adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2023 11:04 PM

Whoever Slew Auntie Roo?

Shelley Winters!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2023 3:25 AM

"Four Christmases." (I'm an inveterate Vince Vaughn fan.)

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2023 3:42 AM

“Ghost Story” is a Christmas tradition; it even has Fred Astaire.

“The Long Kiss Goodnight”; she is stunningly gorgeous is one shot and looks like a duck in the next.

“Let the Right One In”; funky 70s vibe in a snowy background filled with very olde majic…..oooooohhhhhhhhh.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2023 4:03 AM

Do you understand what campy means R9? Let the Right One In is not camp. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2023 4:06 AM

If you want something off-beat...

Reckless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2023 4:17 AM

Does Santa Claus Conquers the Martians count?

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2023 4:18 AM

MEN.com "Banging the Jolly Humper" (2022)

[quote] When Jake Preston wakes up with a boner in his holiday PJs, he asks his boyfriend Damian for attention, but Damian doesn't want to fool around at his parents' house. The unconcerned Jake goes downstairs with an obvious tent in his onesie, so Damian runs after him to try to hide it from the folks! Jake pulls his hard dick out and convinces Damian to spread his butt flap for some sneaky doggystyle, then Damian rides his man on the couch. Once the coast is clear, the twinks strip off to suck each other, and Jake pounds Damian in spoon and missionary till they cum for a jolly holiday present!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2023 6:01 AM

from the director of Christmas Story, Black Christmas 1974

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2023 6:13 AM

The night they saved Christmas. Jaclyn Smith, Paul Lemat, Art Carney ( as Santa) and Paul Williams. I think it came out in 1984. I watch this even during the rest of the year. It is kinda bad, lol, but I find it so entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2023 6:49 AM

R14 that’s what I’m looking for.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2023 7:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2023 8:13 AM

The first segment of the 1972 film Tales from the Crypt, titled ". . . And All Through the House," features Joan Collins having a very eventful Christmas Eve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2023 1:11 PM

Showgirls

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2023 2:30 PM

This Mexican version of Santa Claus rides that fine line between delightfully odd and just creepy. Santa is plagued by a mincing, dancing demon while he tries to help some sad-sack children while still getting shit done on Christmas Eve. The Mystery Science Theater 3000 version is even better if you like that sort of thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2023 3:02 PM

Christmas Twister

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2023 3:13 PM

Silent Night Deadly Night starring the beautiful Robert Brian Wilson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2023 3:47 PM

Bad Santa isnt particularly campy but its very funny (and wildly crude and vulgar).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2023 5:04 PM

The Northern European horror xmas movies are good and have a camp edge.

For example: Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (Finnish)

There is an American "inspired by" Northern Europe cinema, called Krampus, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2023 5:11 PM

R15 Ive been trying to get the name of that movie for years. All I could remember was that it had a brunette I knew from a show, couldn't remember any other specifics (was born in 80) and I remember loving this cheesy Christmas movie, we had a VHS tape of it from one of its airings which was lost long ago.

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2023 5:33 PM

Mommie Dearest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2023 5:42 PM

"Frank Tashlin’s “Susan Slept Here” (1954), narrated by an Oscar statuette, sees the screenwriter Dick Powell hosting the juvenile delinquent Debbie Reynolds over the Christmas holiday, much to the consternation of Powell’s bombshell girlfriend, Anne Francis. It’s not the most wholesome entertainment — there are a lot of jokes pertaining to the actual legality of the Powell-Reynolds romance, given that her character is underage — but it is perhaps the most candy-colored Christmas movie ever made, which is not nothing."

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2023 5:56 PM

Not strictly a Christmas movie but Female Trouble is about as campy as you can get

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2023 6:30 PM

The Lodge - campy Holiday Horror with Riley Keough, with a heavens gate twist

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2023 6:45 PM

Some of My Best Friends Are (1971), set in a gay bar in Greenwich Village on Christmas Eve .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2023 6:51 PM

R18 is right on! I just saw this and it was great. This and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians are the only campy ones I can think of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2023 7:18 PM

I love this short film with puppets. It reminds me of a John Waters movie for kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2023 8:58 PM

Three Barbara Stanwyck movies:

Remember The Night

Christmas In Connecticut

My Reputation

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2023 12:27 AM

R31 - thank you.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2023 8:46 AM

R33, none of thosefl films are campy. Unless you think camp means old. And is My Reputation even a Christmas movie? Meet John Doe, which also stars Stanwyck, is much more of one (though again--not campy).

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2023 1:04 PM

The one part of Jane Wyman’s “All That Heaven Allows” with the lovely tree and “the children” (in their 20s) with their gift of a console TV.

The part in “A Summer Place” where Sandra Dee’s mother/bitch Constance Ford tosses her over their cute mini tree.

by Anonymousreply 36December 6, 2023 6:01 AM

No Christmas would be complete without Connie Ford and Sandy Dee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 6, 2023 7:40 AM

The Cheaters (aka The Castaway). Joseph Schildkraut, Billie Burke, Eugene Palette, Ona Munson. Equal parts My Man Godfrey (with a Poverty Row aesthetic) and Dickensian sentimentality. WGN (Chicago) used to show it every Christmas Eve when I was growing up, and now I watch it on YouTube that night--for "auld acquaintance."

by Anonymousreply 38December 6, 2023 8:21 AM

Maybe more corny than campy (though it definitely has moments) "The Gift of the Magi" segment of O. Henry's Full House is entertaining. Farley Granger and Jeanne Crain are a beautiful couple determined to give each other extravagant gifts when they can barely afford groceries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 8, 2023 10:46 AM

Is Desk Set a Christmas movie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 8, 2023 11:05 AM

Black Christmas is NOT campy - YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2023 11:10 AM

*rape

Apple and its fucking autocorrect…

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2023 11:10 AM

The 2006 remake of Black Christmas is actually pretty funny if you don't mind a little brutal violence alongside the camp. It has a nasty Sleepaway Camp vibe and though none of the sorority sisters is quite as over-the-top bitchy as Judy from SC there are still some fun turns. The trailer doesn't sell the black comedy aspect very well but it's worth a look if you can find it to stream somewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2023 11:58 AM

[quote]Do you understand what campy means [R9]? Let the Right One In is not camp. Sheesh.

I think watching movies like “Let the Right One In” and “Ghost Story” etc as a way to get in the holiday mood is kind of campy.

by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2023 12:07 PM

“It should last10 years, it’s solid plastic.”

Connie Ford’s Christmas tree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 8, 2023 12:15 PM

Krampus is a good one we watch every year. Toni Collette and Adam Scott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2023 12:23 PM

EBBIE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2023 8:18 PM

The Thin Man (1934) is set around Christmas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 9, 2023 6:30 PM

"A Bad Mom's Christmas"

Not very good, but it includes the scene where Justin Hartley gets his hole waxed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 9, 2023 7:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!