Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julianna Margulies Apologizes For Comments Tying Black & LGBTQ Communities To Antisemitism

“I Did Not Intend For My Words To Sow Further Division”

Sure, Jan.

When will actors finally learn to shut up? We need the studio system back. These actors can’t be left on their own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2023 2:51 AM

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2023 2:05 AM

Cue Nelson Muntz

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2023 2:05 AM

But wait, if you read what she actually said, is she wrong? I'm genuinely confused.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2023 2:05 AM

No, r3, she isn't.

[quote]At one point, Ostroy commented that “people hate Jews,” then briefly talked about the pervasiveness of antisemitism in the U.S., and suggested there’s more of an uproar over using “the wrong pronouns on college campuses.”

[quote]“Oh my god, forget it,” Margulies replied. “It’s those kids who are spewing this antisemitic hate that have no idea if they stepped foot in an Islamic country—these people who want us to call them they/them, or whatever they want us to call them… it’s those people that will be the first people beheaded and their heads played with like a soccer ball, like a soccer ball on the field. And that’s who they’re supporting? Terrorists who don’t want women to have their rights? LGBTQ people get executed.”

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2023 2:10 AM

She's not wrong. Look at the wokesters here on the Datalounge. They support Hamas and hate Jews.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2023 2:11 AM

She already told us what she thinks about “angry dykes” a few years ago. Girl is a mess. Is she a secret drinker?

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2023 2:13 AM

Fuggo McNazi

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2023 2:15 AM

r7 Learn to read

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2023 2:17 AM

R8 ibid

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2023 2:22 AM

r9 You tried

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2023 2:24 AM

It’s kind of a non apology. She just should have apologized for what she said without qualifying it, and acknowledged that she was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2023 2:38 AM

"and acknowledged that she was wrong"

which part?

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2023 2:39 AM

I listened to the podcast. While she had a few good points, she was relentless in her attack against black students for their support of Palestine. In ine comment she says with such disdain, something along the lines of: In these people's eyes(rewiring to Hamas) you re lower than the jews, you are A black and B gay. She said this with such scorn, it was shocking .

JM went on to lament on the lack of support from Blacks, saying how vocal she was during George Floyd protests and that blacks were too uneducated/ uninformed, her own words ,although she was this close to saying ignorant to understand the depth of middle East crisis . Mind you this is someone who admitted during the same podcast that she just recently read up on Hamas, but now she is an expert and accusing others of being " uninformed"

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2023 2:50 AM

I always thought she was Latina

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2023 2:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!