Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is there anybody more exhausting than Billy Porter?

Billy who seems to be spending an awful lot of time in the UK recently laments on Channel 4 News about his six cent residuals and losing his home due to the SAG strike.

Exhausting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2023 2:00 PM

You LOVE him! He is a Datalounge Icon!

Do Datalounge Icons receive a monthly stipend? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2023 3:49 PM

Yes, OP. Those who constantly create new threads to bitch about him.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2023 4:49 PM

He’s not wrong, says what other people wouldn’t dare, yet is obscuring truth a bit, as his home was sold as some sort of agreement in his divorce.

That said, I really don’t think there’s more than six cents worth of people watching Pose reruns.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 5:42 PM

He should stop wasting all his money on those clown dresses and put the money in the bank. Fool.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 6:14 PM

Unfortunately pathetic narcissist queens like Ms. Porter have been emboldened by victim culture to go full narc and display themselves for the voids of human beings that they really are. Ms. Porter is an obnoxious and deranged pig person who deserves nobody’s sympathy—to provide any is to feed a bottomless, hideous pit (which coincidentally also describes Ms. Porter’s nasty, gaping hole).

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2023 6:25 PM

EVERY actor gets tiny residual checks sometimes!

Each tv show or film has a huge list of re-use categories, and depending on how much money it generates in each category, once divided by every actor in the show, those amounts can be just a few cents. As a program ages it throws off less and less cash, but that doesn't tell the whole story at all, and pretending it does is lying!

Take as an example Law & Order SVU- My episode reran in primetime three times, and for each rerun I got a residual check for over $1000. Sure it went down from there, but for a smallish one-episode role, I've earned about $5000 in residuals on top of my pay for the shoot day. That's because it was a network show. POSE is a cable streamer that will likely have a meager afterlife, mainly for the subject matter and because it sucked.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2023 6:46 PM

Santos is just as exhausting. They'd make a fine couple.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2023 7:07 PM

I first noticed him on "Broken Hearts Club" and even then he was exhausting ("As a person in a relationship...")

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2023 8:16 PM

[quote]losing his home due to the SAG strike.

It was a fourth month strike. If you lost your home after four months, you likely both bought more house than you can afford and foolishly didn't bother with something as simple as an emergency fund to use, you know, during an emergency like a strike, for instance.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2023 8:26 PM

people with TDS

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2023 9:00 PM

He's like Roxane Gay for me.

Would I want to be around him? No

But on some level I do find him entertaining....

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2023 9:02 PM

People who constantly post about him here in order to mock him.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2023 9:03 PM

He didn't lose his home due to a strike. LIES. Complaints based on lies are a sign of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2023 9:07 PM

British media are easily entranced by even the thirstiest z-list American celebrities. Nick Grimshaw’s entire career was built on sucking up to mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2023 9:08 PM

Yes, everybody gets small residual checks sometimes.

The difference is today actors are getting those micro payments for recent projects.

Integral to the financial model that enables actors to survive is counting on a decent stream of meaningful payments for past work. The syndicated model made that possible.

With streaming, that’s been obliterated. If you’re going to get a 63 cent check, it should be for a movie you did 25 years ago, not a project that would have resulted in residuals sufficient to pay some real bills.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2023 9:14 PM

[quote] It was a fourth month strike. If you lost your home after four months, you likely both bought more house than you can afford and foolishly didn't bother with something as simple as an emergency fund to use, you know, during an emergency like a strike, for instance.

As r3 notes, the home was sold to liquidate assets for the divorce settlement. It is easier for him to attribute the sale to the strike than to discuss the failure of his marriage. Given his slow rise to financial stability, he likely had no more house than he could afford and I'm sure he's still doing OK now, notwithstanding the "six cent checks."

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2023 10:21 PM

The exhausting ones are the DL Republicans who are obsessed with attacking Billy Porter. Apparently, we need a different thread about him everyday, despite the fact that he's not even that famous.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2023 10:29 PM

R17 how exactly does calling out vapid, entitled, narcissistic behavior make one a Republican? Nobody is obligated to approve of Billy Porter just because he's a sister. He is by all optics a pure nightmare person.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2023 2:17 AM

He’s a good singer though.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2023 2:26 AM

Humorless, tasteless, ugly-spirited egomaniac.

Go.

Away.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2023 3:25 AM

I try never to be caught complaining about anything, ever. If there's something worth complaining about chances are everyone else is already well aware of it, so there's no need to be tiresome, or unpleasant.

I've found that the relatively few people I can't stand are chronic complainers. It's just such and unpleasant and ungracious bad habit to indulge.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2023 4:40 AM

OP not really. I don't know what pronoun to use for Billy Porter so I'll just continue to pretend they don't exist,.

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2023 5:34 AM

R21 = Ghost of Queen Elizabeth II

“Never complain, never explain.”

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2023 8:03 AM

R24

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2023 8:45 AM

who?

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2023 8:49 AM

Santos, Porter and Markle would make a pretty good cast for Sartre's Huis Clos, where Hell = three mismatched people in a room together forever. I guess any one of them would be hell for anyone else, but together they would drive each other to despair because the one thing none of them is capable of is paying attention to others. They would all be ignored for all time BECAUSE they're all narcissists, which would be a pretty good Satanic trick.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2023 12:54 PM

Is he related to Lucy Ricardo’s maid?

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2023 2:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!