Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Golden mole is NOT dead to me

I know how DL feels about moles, but I thought we'd make an exception for this blind little dollface.

[quote]Researchers in South Africa say they have rediscovered a species of mole with an iridescent golden coat and the ability to almost “swim” through sand dunes after it hadn’t been seen for more than 80 years and was thought to be extinct.

[quote]The De Winton’s golden mole – a small, blind burrower with “super-hearing powers” that eats insects – was found to be still alive on a beach in Port Nolloth on the west coast of South Africa by a team of researchers. It had been lost to science since 1936.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2023 7:27 PM

Dollface!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2023 2:55 PM

It hasn't been that long since it was last seen. It was featured in National Geographic's 'The Living Sands of Namib' (1978), narrated by Burgess Meredith (begins approx 48:15 on video below):

It is definitely 𝑛𝑜𝑡 adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2023 3:02 PM

Dollface thread.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 3:03 PM

I miss the Boxing Day Vole.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 3:03 PM

We do not object to this type of mole.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2023 3:04 PM

What about this type of mole?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2023 7:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!