Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC pushing Mehdi Hasan out?

Taking away his show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 9, 2024 1:33 AM

Hasan is terminally online. He reminds me of Glenn Greenwald with much better politics. He is 100% addicted to Twitter. Yes, he has (rightly) been outspoken about Palestine but he tweets dozens of times a day and I think it is way excessive. His show is also not doing well in the ratings. To me guys like Greenwald and Hasan will also be their own worst enemies because at heart they are complete narcissists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2023 2:39 PM

I cannot stand Symone.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2023 2:41 PM

Can’t they afford to get Symone a Wegovy prescription?

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2023 2:43 PM

All Symone does is yell at the camera.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2023 2:45 PM

[quote]Alex Witt will expand hours of Alex Witt Reports from 1 p.m. ET to 4 p.m. ET, with Yasmin Yossoughian continuing as a national reporter.

Sounds like Yasmin is losing her show also.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2023 2:46 PM

This is unfortunate. I blame the network (and to degree myself for my laziness) but I don't know when his show airs. I see Mehdi in numerous clips on YouTube and Twitter. That's how I have been catching his reports. I like him. I like his reporting and points of view.

[quote]Sounds like Yasmin is losing her show also.

Mmph... an attack upon the Muslims? Maybe someone should call the EEOC.

[quote]I cannot stand Symone.

And honey, I'm sure she doesn't care. But girlfriend needs to cut her nails and hire a stylist to dress her heifer size body frame.

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2023 3:03 PM

Interesting. I've enjoyed Michael Steele when he subs and thought he could handle his own show.

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2023 3:03 PM

[quote]Interesting. I've enjoyed Michael Steele when he subs

I think that this is being done as a means to secure him.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2023 3:05 PM

Yasmin Vossigan, or whatever her .fucking name is, IS OFF! I couldn’t be happier that this plastic surgery nightmare who rushes through copy will not have her own show. Next stop - do not renew her contract once it’s up.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2023 3:07 PM

Steele? Republican. Oh, maybe more liberal on social issues but a confirmed fiscal conservative. Low taxes, less government spending, free markets and national security. Bah!

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2023 3:09 PM

[quote]Steele? Republican. Oh, maybe more liberal on social issues but a confirmed fiscal conservative. Low taxes, less government spending, free markets and national security. Bah!

MSNBC loves their former Republicans!

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2023 3:18 PM

Cenk Uygur @cenkuygur1h

MSNBC canceled Mehdi Hasan's show. Because, of course, they did. It's not just because he treats Muslims as real human beings, it's also because he actually challenges his guests. And that is the biggest heresy in mainstream media. Access must be protected!

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2023 4:24 PM

Please dump Andra Mitchell next. PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2023 4:29 PM

Buy the black a dress that fits.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2023 4:41 PM

[quote]Buy the black a dress that fits.

Talk about faulty gaydar! I would have lost a $1K bet believing that she was a stone-cold lesbian...

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2023 5:00 PM

This pisses me off. MSNBC showing its ass.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2023 5:55 PM

Medhi Hasan has a track record of misogyny, homophobia and antisemitism. If he wasn't a muslim he's be a MAGA disciple.

Send him to Fox News where he belongs.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2023 5:59 PM

Ro Khanna @RoKhanna

It is bad optics for MSNBC to cancel @mehdirhasan’s show right at a time when he is vocal for human rights in Gaza with the war ongoing. As a strong supporter of free speech, MSNBC owes the public an explanation for this decision. Why would they choose to do this now?

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2023 6:15 PM

Bye Mehdi! And Ro, you can go too!

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2023 6:18 PM

Jason Overstreet @JasonOverstreet 2h

Dear @msnbc ,

I had basically stopped watching your network because it’s becoming the Republican Rehabilitation Channel. And now that you have canceled Mehdi Hasan’s show, the one person I see consistently pushing back against corruption, you can officially fuck all the way off.

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2023 6:30 PM

[quote]Jason Overstreet @JasonOverstreet

I loved him in Glee!

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2023 6:31 PM

Be an AYMAN, not a MEHDI !!

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2023 7:08 PM

I remember watching Mehdi as a student speaker in a debate at the Oxford Union. He was very jumpy and shouty, and I remember he called William Hague a 'racist, homophobic slaphead', which the crowd found very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2023 7:11 PM

R18

Sorry RO, MSNBC don’t need to offer you shit.

If Mehdi had better ratings, they wouldn’t have cancelled that antisemitic asshole’s show.

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2023 7:12 PM

BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️@mmpadellan

The fact that @MSNBC canceled Mehdi Hasan's show while the absolutely horrible Andrea Mitchell is still employed there is proof that they are not listening to their audience.

You may disagree with some of Medhi Hasan's positions, but you cannot disagree that he always came prepared for an interview.

He was actually doing the thing that we believe journalists are supposed to be able to do: ask questions, and push through the bullshit when the person tries to avoid answering truthfully.

Hasan is a hard-hitting journalist who consistently maintained a professional demeanor while insisting his guests answer his damn questions, no matter how uncomfortable they were.

While MSNBC still retains some journalists whose work I still trust and admire, this decision stinks of politics, and I'm disgusted by it.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2023 7:30 PM

The way left wingers carry on about an anti abortion religious nut just because he's brown is hilarious.

Whatever happens in his career please don't let him come back to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2023 7:35 PM

He lost 40% of ratings viewership when he went pro-hamas.

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2023 8:56 PM

Fuck you, R27. He isn't "pro-Hamas."

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2023 9:24 PM

I like both Medhi and Yasmin.

I love Alex Witt.

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2023 9:24 PM

R28

FUCK YOU, HARDER.

Mehdi is a HAMAS cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2023 9:27 PM

No one with any sanity is a "Hamas cheerleader."

Wishing that Palestinian children won't be brutally murdered is not "cheerleading" for Hamas.

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2023 9:28 PM

Alicia Menendez is like watching painting dry. I am an MSNBC fan, but when Menendez, Symone or Al Sharpton come on, I turn to my sexy boy Jim Acosta on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2023 9:33 PM

[quote]Alicia Menendez is like watching painting dry.

Talk about nepotism. I just recently learned that she is Bob Menendez's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2023 9:42 PM

Once again, I think that this was done to secure Michael Steele. The money for his salary must come from somewhere and why not take the money from a ratings challenged show and put it towards Steele's salary? I like Mehdi. I really do but I rarely watched his show when it aired. I just wasn't conscious of his timeslot. I got his reports via YouTube and Twitter and those don't count towards ratings. Hopefully, MSNBC will find a place for Mehdi. It would be ashame to lose him, IMHO

by Anonymousreply 34November 30, 2023 9:48 PM

[quote] because he actually challenges his guests. And that is the biggest heresy in mainstream media.

Are you talking about MSNBC? Wouldn't consider them mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2023 9:57 PM

Time to get that lazy lesbian back on 5x a week!

by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2023 9:59 PM

[quote]Time to get that lazy lesbian back on 5x a week!

She will interview Liz Cheney on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 37November 30, 2023 11:56 PM

I’m available.

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2023 2:46 AM

Mehdi Hasan @mehdirhasan

Yes the @MehdiHasanShow has ended on @peacock & will be ending on @MSNBC *next* month (still a few weeks left!) Thank you all for watching over the past 3 years. Going forward at @MSNBC , I'll serve as a guest anchor across prime shows and beyond, & as an on-air political analyst.

Thanks for the outpouring of love and support, & thanks of course to my amazing, talented team of producers on the @MehdiHasanShow .

I’m humbled and so appreciative.

I’m not going anywhere and you’ll hear from me lots in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2023 9:35 PM

[quote] Alex Witt will expand hours of Alex Witt Reports from 1 p.m. ET to 4 p.m. ET,

Other MSNBC hosts may come and go, but Alex Witt will never leave. She's been at MSNBC since Bill Clinton was president.

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2023 9:47 PM

Alex took Yasmin’s show.

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2023 10:28 PM

[quote] Other MSNBC hosts may come and go, but Alex Witt will never leave.

Where's my show?

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2023 10:34 PM

Alex Witt is competent and no-frills - perfect for a weekend afternoon show that virtually no one is watching.

by Anonymousreply 43December 2, 2023 12:44 AM

BACKLASH!

MSNBC draws backlash for canceling Mehdi Hasan show

The liberal host, who regularly went viral for his combative interviews, lost his weekly and streaming shows in a programming shake-up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 2, 2023 11:23 PM

Alex is great! She's "neutral" with a slant.

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2023 1:04 AM

Mehdi Hasan is a bore. Dump the motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 46December 3, 2023 1:05 AM

WTF ever possessed them to put Symone on? Seriously. I find her repulsive. Cringe.

by Anonymousreply 47December 3, 2023 1:46 AM

Love Hasan.

Will follow him anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 48December 3, 2023 2:03 AM

Does anybody under 90 watch cable news?

by Anonymousreply 49December 3, 2023 2:32 AM

Every once in a while I will go to You Tube and catch Chris Hayes or Rachel or Lawrence O Donnell. I may even check out Nicole Wallace and Joy Reid from time to time. And if there's an interesting guest I will watch it. I like Michael Steele and Joyce Vance, Barbara McQuade and Andrew Weismann. Over all I t hink MSNBC has the best guests. Now CNN has a few people I like. Gloria Borger hs good political analysis and no one on CNN can touch Laura Coates for her legal expertise. But having said that, I don't watch any of them that often. You tube is great for giving me that 8 minutes segment I want to see and ditch the rest. I love Christiane Amanpour. Anderson has disappointed me but I still like him. IMO Jake Tapper is unwatchable. His snide nasal voice makes me want to scream. And I refuse to watch Kaitlin Collins. Ugh. Abby Phillips os pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 50December 3, 2023 4:34 AM

Ali Velshi & Ayman are anchors who report the news.

Mehdi is an opinionated pundit, he unfortunately should not have been given his own show. Especially his track record of antisemitism.

by Anonymousreply 51December 3, 2023 6:03 AM

[QUOTE]I remember watching Mehdi as a student speaker in a debate at the Oxford Union. He was very jumpy and shouty

Too ethnic for you?

by Anonymousreply 52December 3, 2023 6:26 AM

[quote] The liberal host, who regularly went viral for his combative interviews, lost his weekly and streaming shows in a programming shake-up

As I’ve said before it’s hilarious how an anti gay, misogynistic, anti abortion, antisemitic Islamist can be described as a liberal.

by Anonymousreply 53December 3, 2023 6:59 AM

Yuck. Wherever that stupid "Symone" cunt goes, her bullshit follows.

by Anonymousreply 54December 3, 2023 8:27 AM

[quote]Too ethnic for you?

Do Americans see Medhi Hasan as a British presenter in the same way that Piers Morgan is British?

by Anonymousreply 55December 3, 2023 8:30 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 3, 2023 8:35 AM

When Medhi Hasan writes being attracted to the Daily Mail's social conservatism on marriage and the family, he means HOMOSEXUALS.

by Anonymousreply 57December 3, 2023 8:37 AM

[quote]As I’ve said before it’s hilarious how an anti gay, misogynistic, anti abortion, antisemitic Islamist can be described as a liberal.

It’s just like how today being “conservative” means being anti-Constitution, anti-personal freedom, anti-military, and pro-Russia. It’s like we’re living in bizarro world.

by Anonymousreply 58December 3, 2023 11:25 AM

Symone is a great example of failing upwards. She had a couple of positions in the Biden administration and the campaign, including working for the VP and she was a complete disaster. Ugh. They wanted to avoid the controversy of firing her so they eased her out to MSNBC. Same folk who happily hired Jen Psaki who is an absolute treasure! I love Ali Velshi too. That Michael Smerconish person is very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 59December 3, 2023 1:35 PM

I agree Smerconish is annoying, but isn't he on CNN?

by Anonymousreply 60December 3, 2023 1:57 PM

^ Yes he is. I like him, annoying or not.

by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2023 3:08 PM

Medhi is on tonight.

Wonder if he will get in line to stay on staff or go hyper aggressive.

by Anonymousreply 62December 3, 2023 3:10 PM

I'm surprised he wasn't cancelled after that homophobic crap he spewed.

by Anonymousreply 63December 3, 2023 3:13 PM

Ali Velshi has been the only anchor who has put out a statement about Mehdi losing his show.

by Anonymousreply 64December 3, 2023 3:38 PM

Link please, R64.

TIA

by Anonymousreply 65December 3, 2023 5:34 PM

R65

Here’s the tweet, but he did not talk about the cancellation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 3, 2023 5:40 PM

Mehdi agrees to cancel celebrations of Hanukkah.

What a douche, glad he lost his job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 3, 2023 10:55 PM

[quote] Mehdi agrees to cancel celebrations of Hanukkah.

I'm not a big fan of Mehdi, but I interpreted his tweet at R67 the opposite way. He is agreeing with the original tweet's statement that "It is antisemitic to hold Jews collectively responsible for Israel. Period." In other words, Mehdi disagrees with canceling Hanukkah celebrations.

by Anonymousreply 68December 4, 2023 10:03 AM

Yes, Medhi is ‘agreeing 100%’ with the statement ‘It is antisemitic to hold Jews collectively responsible for Israel. Period.’

He doesn’t publicly support the event being cancelled

by Anonymousreply 69December 4, 2023 10:07 AM

R67 - you have poor reading skills.

R68 is absolutely correct.

Mehdi is agreeing with the tweet itself, which very clearly states, "It is antisemitic to hold Jews collectively responsible for Israel. Period."

by Anonymousreply 70December 4, 2023 10:12 AM

People still don't seem to to get the fact that you should be able to criticize a government without condemning the people. Why is that so hard? Netanyahu is leading his country to the brink of the abyss. They will soon be obliterated if they continue on this path. Biden has been successful in holding back the Arab world but it is more and more difficult. Egypt, Jordan, Quattar, the Saudis, the UAE, etc. Npw as long as Yemen and Iran and Lebanon are strongholds and staging grounds for extremists, the rest of the Arab nations will hold. But if Netanyahu continues to act out the pressure on the other nations will be too much. They won't protect Israel from itself.

by Anonymousreply 71December 4, 2023 12:55 PM

MSNBC is employing an antisemitic asshole.

They need to cut ties with him one and for all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 30, 2023 5:35 AM

Where is Medhi as a fill-in anchor?

Yasmin did all the fill-in work this week along with many others, but Medhi was no where to be found earning his paycheck this week.

by Anonymousreply 73December 30, 2023 1:41 PM

73 responses and not a single "y'all" in tribute to Simone. Imagine the new food budget. To quote Simone "Can I get a witness?"

She can't get through a broadcast without 20 cliches. Time to find a new network.

by Anonymousreply 74December 30, 2023 1:56 PM

Wait a minute....

MSNBC is giving Symone Sanders-"I don't care what you say she's a lesbian", a new show called "The Weekend" at 8AM starting on January 13th? Well, who is she fucking?

What about Ali Velshi? A better time slot for Rev Al--I think he did have that slot at one time. Katie Phang? On and on...

by Anonymousreply 75January 4, 2024 5:15 PM

OH! I feel a little bit better...

[quote]On November 30, 2023, MSNBC announced that Sanders would move to weekend mornings to anchor a new program, The Weekend, along with Alicia Menendez and Michael Steele. Her weekend show on MSNBC and on Peacock, Symone, is set to end on January 13, 2024 with The Weekend premiering on the same day.

I can tolerate the nepotism child and the contrite, reformed African American. Maybe, I will give it a chance.

by Anonymousreply 76January 4, 2024 5:21 PM

[quote]Yasmin did all the fill-in work this week

That's why I haven't watch this week

by Anonymousreply 77January 4, 2024 5:23 PM

What a loss...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 8, 2024 10:31 AM

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Maybe Fox will hire him.

by Anonymousreply 79January 8, 2024 10:44 AM

BYE-BYE, you antisemitic, misogynistic asshole, Mehdi Hasan 😩

by Anonymousreply 80January 8, 2024 11:26 AM

Expect his resurgence at Al Jazeera. He can let his bigot flag fly.

by Anonymousreply 81January 9, 2024 1:02 AM

R80 I hope you realize that this antisemitism charge means fuck all these days. Your shitty, stupid smear doesn't matter to anyone any more.

These days, Zionism equals genocide in the minds of most people.

by Anonymousreply 82January 9, 2024 1:10 AM

R82

Stop being an antisemite.

by Anonymousreply 83January 9, 2024 1:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!