Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

O-M-G!! Guy Fieri signs a new 3-year contract with Food Network for $100,000,000!!!!

Guy Fieri has signed a new three-year deal with Food Network, which sources tell Variety is valued at more than $100 million.

This fresh pact means that Fieri retains his title as the Warner Bros. Discovery-owned cable channel’s highest-paid talent and bests his most recent multiyear deal, which closed in 2021 for $80 million.

Food Network and Warner Bros. Discovery declined to comment on the financial figures.

Under the new agreement, which will take Fieri to the 20-year mark with Food Network, the Mayor of Flavortown will continue to produce more of his Emmy-nominated “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” as well as more episodes of “Guy’s Grocery Games” and “Tournament of Champions.”

Fieri will also keep developing and producing projects with Food Network through his Knuckle Sandwich production banner.

“Recognized everywhere he goes, there is only one Guy Fieri,” Warner Bros. Discovery head of food content Betsy Ayala said. “Guy’s love of food, restaurants, and the chefs behind the dishes, combined with his extraordinary passion for crafting series with stories that resonate make extending this partnership a clear choice in our mission to deliver to viewers more of what they love.”

Fellow Food Network mega-star Bobby Flay most recently re-upped his deal in November 2021, a three-year contract that came about six weeks after negotiations stalled between Flay and Discovery (just prior to its merger with WarnerMedia) on financial terms. The valuation of that deal is unknown, though it was reported Flay was seeking $100 million.

A prized talent for the larger Warner Bros. Discovery portfolio (Fieri hosted last year’s post-upfront party for WBD VIPs in New York City), Fieri joined the Food Network family in 2006 when he won “The Next Food Network Star” and was awarded his own series, “Guy’s Big Bite.” Since then, Fieri has starred in multiple titles, including “Guy Off the Hook,” “Guy Fieri’s Road Show,” “Guy’s Family Road Trip,” “Guy & Hunter’s European Vacation” and “Guy’s Ranch Kitchen,” as well as numerous holiday specials and guest appearances across Food Network.

To date, Guy and his team at Knuckle Sandwich LLC have opened more than 80 restaurants around the world.

“One of the reasons we’re bullish about our television networks is because of the power of incredible talents like Guy,” Warner Bros. Discovery US Networks chairman and CEO Kathleen Finch said. “In addition to being a star on Food Network, Guy is a global phenomenon with millions of fans throughout the world and he’s an incredibly creative content producer as well. We’re thrilled to extend our long-standing partnership with Guy and to continue to entertain his legions of fans.”

Fieri added: “For nearly two decades, Food Network has been my home and continuing to create great TV within the Warner Bros. Discovery universe is exactly where I want to be. Food is our most universal language so being able to unite people through highlighting chefs, restaurateurs and the folks dishing out incredible meals all over this country and world is a privilege and responsibility that I don’t take lightly.”

Fieri is repped by WME.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2023 7:49 PM

I don't understand his appeal. Is it strictly a straight guy thing?

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2023 2:30 PM

I find it fucking incredible that this unassuming winner of "The Next Food Network Star" has become such a media mogul.

This new contract means that he will have earned $180,000,000 over the course of six years.

*faints*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2023 2:33 PM

He's a fat twat and a gross human being.

How is he making 100M?

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2023 2:35 PM

Guy actually lost a lot of weight recently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2023 2:42 PM

Not sure if he's worth ALL of that but I don't really have a problem with him like many do. I always stop on his "Triple D" show (especially when high) and Grocery Games is always fun (except for the cheesy scoreboard he's been using the past year or so). He seems to get along with everyone on that show too.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2023 3:19 PM

Maybe (hopefully?) a nice guy, but it looks like nonfiction media and most business models are evolving like insect colonies, with one giant presence drawing all the focus, resources and attention, and then millions of others programmed into submission. By that I mean watching, buying, posting messages on overvalued platforms, feeling “known and connected” by merely consuming and streaming meaningless crap.

Maybe that’s the way economies work now and we shouldn’t care. But if these individuals, these giant, wealthy, famous presences, begin to set social policy, we can struggle. I remember when Bill Gates was going to fix education, then communicable disease, now climate (all worthy of his generosity). At least Gates looks like a decent fellow, a human. But some others? I know Gates, Bezos, Musk are orders of magnitude wealthier than this guy (“Guy”), but the idea of disproportionate recognition looks like it’s the future in media, tech, even philanthropy.

I only hope that these resources concentrate around decent people, and that they stay decent. As they become wealthier and more prominent, fewer if anyone can say no to them.

I write this as an overall successful guy, but I’m thinking of the next generation. It looks a lot harder to succeed in this next decade and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2023 3:21 PM

I no longer have cable, but the Diners show was watchable.

He did get some kind of degree in food from UNLV.

$100 million is a crazy amount. Would be interesting to see what he spends his money on. He looks relatively down to earth except for fighting with his hairdresser that one time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2023 3:23 PM

Creepy homophobic bigot fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2023 3:34 PM

Maybe (hopefully?) a nice guy, but it looks like nonfiction media and most business models are evolving like insect colonies, with one giant presence drawing all the focus, resources and attention, and then millions of others programmed into submission. By that I mean watching, buying, posting messages on overvalued platforms, feeling “known and connected” by merely consuming and streaming meaningless crap.

Not if Bobby Flay can help it.

The last time Guy got the $80,000,000 contract, Bobby Flay threatened to quit the network. He was pissed, because I guess he thought HE was the King of the Food Network.

FN was going to let him quit, but I guess they came to an agreement, and he got a nice contract with FN, as well.

I'll just bet he's fuming at this new $100,000,000 contract, and we'll see if Bobby threatens to leave again.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2023 4:59 PM

A little of him goes a long way. I think he helped publicize some hidden gems in the beginning of Triple D, but later on, not so much, plus plugged restaurants owned by his relatives.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2023 5:06 PM

The Food Network is unwatchable now.

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2023 5:16 PM

His show provided serious permanent positive results for several places in my city, but none of them could be described as a diner, a drive-in, or a dive. Just regular restaurants.

The menus I've read from his restaurants are horror shows. Although "jalapeño pig poppers" raised my eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2023 6:41 PM

That amount seems obscene to pay one person. I think about that every time huge corporations do layoffs or start taking away benefits from the rank and file workers. Those at the top get everything—-even when they fail (golden parachutes.)

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2023 7:07 PM

Fire owns Food Network. His shows are not only the most popular but as noted above, a recommendation from him is a gold mine. I actually think he might be underpaid for his value to the network.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2023 8:11 PM

gangsta fatttie

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2023 9:55 PM

[quote] This new contract means that he will have earned $180,000,000 over the course of six years.

That's before taxes.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2023 10:19 PM

I can't believe that many people watch that shit.

Well, it's better than cable news.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2023 10:21 PM

Oh my

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2023 10:22 PM

I remember when Food Network has shows about cooking.

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2023 12:23 AM

Guy's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" is definitely about cooking, R19.

I learned so many cool techniques and recipes by watching that show.

Honestly, it's almost like taking a culinary class.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2023 12:27 AM

That vile pig is the sole reason I haven't watched more than 5 seconds of The Food Network in years. He literally makes me nauseous.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2023 12:37 AM

Obscene.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2023 12:39 AM

Formulaic and stupid works.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2023 12:41 AM

R20 But is Guy any part of why you like DDD? To me, he's the weak link of the show.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2023 5:23 AM

He makes the show fun, R24.

When I think of all the other Food Network "personalities," they all bore me to death. They are culinary experts, but they lack that "something" to make a segment interesting.

Guy engages with the people he interacts with. He has fun with them, he makes them feel at ease, they open up to him, and that's what makes the show interesting. He has the right personality mixed with enough culinary knowledge, mixed with humor, mixed with being down-to earth, that is just the right combination for that show.

There's a reason why it has lasted for over 10 years. People really like him. Myself included.

So yeah, he has everything to do with the success of DDD.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2023 5:29 AM

[quote]How is he making 100M?

How is the FOOD NETWORK making 100M??!!

(Seriously. Some accountant at the Food Network. Have you guys checked your income statement? Are you actually making enough to pay him $100M?)

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2023 7:46 AM

It's sad how far down so many of these cable shows (not just cooking shows) have gone. The Sci-Fi channel (now the ludicrous 'SyFy channel) became a farce years ago. Much of their programming has nothing to do with science fiction at all. Hell, at one point at night in prime time hours they were showing pro wrestling. It's another channel I haven't watched in many years. These days the only cooking shows I bother watching are the shows on PBS.

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2023 9:22 AM

[quote]It's sad how far down so many of these cable shows (not just cooking shows) have gone.

What do you mean? Like BBC America having all day "Star Trek" marathons only because the lead actor is British? Like that?

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2023 10:23 AM

Most cable channels have little to do with the way they started out. Re the Food Network, there are better cooking shows on PBS - or, even better, on YouTube.

Does the History Channel show documentaries about people or events from history?

Does MTV play music videos and concerts?

Does the Travel Channel even remotely live up to its name any longer?

Is there anything arts related on A&E, and can one learn anything from the Learning Channel?

Is anything on Comedy Central besides The Office or South Park?

Didn't Logo start out as programming for gays & lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2023 10:26 AM

The only reason I ever watch Food Network is to watch Eddie Jackson in his tight pants.

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2023 10:29 AM

I'm sorry, but that number is obscene. And miss me with all that "Capitalism!" "That's how the free market works!" "If his bosses believe that's how much he's worth, who are you to judge!" BS.

by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2023 10:43 AM

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2023 12:41 PM

[quote]Didn't Logo start out as programming for gays & lesbians?

You have a problem with Logo's weekend marathons of "Married With Children" the most heterosexual situation comedy in history?

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2023 1:59 PM

Most cable channels have little to do with the way they started out. Re the Food Network, there are better cooking shows on PBS - or, even better, on YouTube.

Define "better."

As mentioned above, there are a lot of people on Food Network and The Cooking Channel who are excellent chefs and very knowledgeable about cooking.

But that doesn't necessarily make them a good television personality.

So many of them just drone on and on and on.

Then you have the ones who TRY to be a "personality" - like Michael Symon - but who fail miserably! He tries so hard to be engaging and likable, but he's just NOT.

Bobby Flay? He can be interesting sometimes, but his smugness and quite frankly, his elitism really comes through the screen, whether he knows it or not.

Alex Guarnaschelli isn't bad, but she kind of has a schtick. A very dry sense of humor, and she's really no-nonsense. Like a mean teacher that you respect. That kind of personality isn't for everyone.

Carla Hall is fun to watch occasionally. I liked her when she first appeared on Top Chef. She's fun, approachable, and down-to-earth, but there's just something lacking. I don't know what it is, but she doesn't have that mass audience appeal.

I'm telling you, Guy has it all. He can relate to straight people, gay people, old people, young people, people with families, people with disabilities, etc. I've seen them all on DDD and he not only makes them feel at ease (you wouldn't believe how many of them say they are nervous as hell being on television for the first time), but he gets them to come out of their shell. That's not an easy thing to do.

A lot of chefs are too technique-driven, to have the patience to be a good host.

Guy is a good host. And he also has an extensive background in cooking and owning restaurants, so he really gets those people.

Then there is this thing that blows me away, and he seems to have a TON of friends and family all over the country. He knows musicians, actors, athletes, politicians, and lots of every day people. I have always been surprised at how many famous people have appeared on DDD.

He really was a great find for Food Network, and it's unsurprising that they pay him so well. He has every demographic covered.

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2023 2:16 PM

I never watch this network any more.

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2023 7:29 PM

I like him, but I did side eye him earlier this year when he hobnobbed with Dump at a UFC match. He was dragged for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2023 7:32 PM

R34, I enjoyed your breakdown of all of the Food TV personalities, but I don’t think Guy has every demographic covered. Some people view him as a buffoon. Personally, I like DDD, but I can see why someone else might find Guy irritating or unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2023 7:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!