Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Our dear Jacob was honestly the best thing in Priscilla

I did enjoy the movie though. It was an interesting look into their life from Priscilla’s POV. It’s even more impressive when you learn it was made on a small budget and filmed completely in 30 days.

Jacob is truly just remarkable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 30, 2023 2:12 AM

[quote] Jacob is truly just remarkable.

Unfortunately his objectionable black abdomen mole is remarkable in an entirely undesirable manner.

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2023 10:49 PM

It’s not a mole. It’s a birth mark.

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2023 10:55 PM

OP is pitiable.

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2023 11:05 PM

Sofia Coppola was pleased with his performance, but not his on-set flatulence, which reached a tipping point when several crew members collectively filed a grievance with the union.

At first Elordi claimed a medical condition, but the man tasked with taking the garbage out of his trailer discovered a bar fridge stuffed with Brussel sprouts, which the actor steamed by the dozen, with the intent, according to wags, of inducing a noxious wind that would stretch for hours. “It’s a sexual thing,” Elordi is said to have admitted to repulsed co-star Cailee Spaeny. “Don’t be so sex-negative.”

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2023 12:01 AM

R4 stop just making shit up. It’s weird.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2023 8:43 AM

You can tell Soffia loves Jacob and he loves her. He’s an angel.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2023 5:19 PM

No clue who this person is and not interested enough to find out.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2023 5:25 PM

Why is the person obsessed with our dear Jacob pretending he doesn’t know who he is?

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2023 7:07 PM

r4 should make more things up!

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2023 7:08 PM

It was AWFUL! THE MOST interminable, sluggish, dull-witted, boring, and superficial movie in recent memory! Absolutely nothing transpires for about the first 40 minutes.

And as for your Dear Boy, all he did was smoke incessantly a thin stogie and begin EVERY SENTENCE, I KID YOU NOT, with a Tourette's-like "Well, I-I-I-I-I......"! THIS was supposed to be Jacob's "superior to Austin's" Elvis voice?! GMAFB.

As for Cailee Spaeny: If Sofia WANTED to present Priscilla as a vapid, incurious, expressionless, immature, insipid, weak, impressionable, malleable Tabula Rasa, she and the blank-faced Spaeny admirably succeeded.

"Priscilla" was made in a rush, and its characterizations and lack of depth show it.

The LSD scene is risible enough for the price of admission, though.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2023 7:53 PM

R10 lmao. No. It was beautiful and art.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2023 7:55 PM

^! The stogie was not originally planned, but Coppola improvised it to cover up Elordi’s incessant, room-clearing farts.

Otherwise, the other actors in those scenes could present no face other than one etched in outright revulsion.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2023 10:56 PM

I liked the movie and thought he was great. I didn't realize who the actor was until later, and I put the face to dozens of DL threads started by deranged fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2023 11:26 PM

Wow, this was a mess. The main guy's performance was cringe-worthy. Yikes - this will be a short career.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2023 11:31 PM

Let it be known that JacobElordiLover, as a snack, eats little pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2023 11:50 PM

Jacob could star in "The Hank Azaria Story."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2023 1:34 AM

R11, I'm lmao at your execrable taste. There is no way, none, that you weren't utterly BORED in the first half-hour minimum.

Art??! Where? In the scenes directly lifted from "Elvis" but transposed to a different moment or place (touch football; baby waving to Daddy E; wedding poses; kiss as depicted on official posters; chair-throwing; Cilla asking EP about starlets [Natalie Wood in "Elvis," Ann-Margret and another in "Priscilla"]; gatherings in Graceland's living room; e.g.)?

You have no conception of the true art---symbolism, imagery, film allusions (e.g., twice an homage to "Strangers On a Train"), the use of color and movement, etc.---by Baz Luhrmann.

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2023 1:45 AM

R17 dude. You don’t even have an education

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2023 1:53 AM

He needs to present both hole and hard cock.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2023 2:06 AM

On Amazon Prime, Dec. 22nd.

"Felix" means "happy." "Oliver" stems from "elf." FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 20December 9, 2023 7:46 AM

He's not MY anything, OP.

Get MY NAME OUT YO MOUTH!

by Anonymousreply 21December 9, 2023 8:02 AM

The woman playing Priscilla was so horribly miscast it ruined the movie. Odd, given it's based on her memoir.

I liked Elordi's Elvis much more than Austin Butler's.

by Anonymousreply 22December 15, 2023 7:48 PM

Austin Butler was 10x better

by Anonymousreply 23December 15, 2023 7:50 PM

Could not disagree more r23.

by Anonymousreply 24December 15, 2023 7:53 PM

Cut the drama, I have it, is it worth watching? Does he present hole? Shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 25December 15, 2023 10:04 PM

Does he present mole?

by Anonymousreply 26December 15, 2023 11:44 PM

Watching now. Jacob is surprisingly good. I’d say he and Butler are about equal for different reasons, or for playing slightly different sides of Elvis. I think they needed a different Priscilla. I realize she was a teenager at the time, but this actress seems a bit juvenile. Having someone a bit taller would have been a better match for Jacob.

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2023 3:52 PM

“Juvenile”… she was playing a 14 year old…

by Anonymousreply 28December 16, 2023 3:56 PM

Yeah, but she was 22 when Lisa Marie was born, and the actress still looked 14.

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2023 3:59 PM

She had a young face but they definitely made her look older as the film went on and she spoke different and grew into her own.

by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2023 4:01 PM

Maybe it’s because the actress is so petite. Priscilla is 5’4”, which isn’t really tall, but this actress is definitely shorter than that so seems like a girl playing dress up. I just don’t think she was the greatest casting choice. But whatever. The movie is still good.

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2023 4:09 PM

She definitely looked more mature after having the baby. They didn’t keep her looking 14.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2023 4:13 PM

Still have no clue who this guy or Froy are. We know Dumbvida is the author of this thread. Is she the Froy troll too?

by Anonymousreply 33December 16, 2023 4:54 PM

This lovely critic praises our dear Jacob and acknowledges how attractive he is and predicts he is gonna take over Hollywood. I do also!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2023 2:21 PM

R22, Maybe that's because Jacob had almost nothing to do as Elvis except stand, smoke stogies, smooch, and smile, and literally copy Austin in the touch football, wedding, and chair-tossing scenes.

No aging; no singing; no interacting with parents (no grief for Mama), manager, fellow musical artists, notably Black, or audience; basically having no career (other than when mentioned by Priscilla regarding Elvis's Hollywood flings, for which Sofia merely switched out "Natalie Wood" in "Elvis" for "Ann-Margret" in "Priscilla")!

Yeah, Elordi was better. Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2023 4:11 PM

But, where the fuck are the leaked dick pics?

It must be small.

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2023 9:25 PM

Box Office matches budget:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 29, 2023 6:49 PM

R37 it’s a small indie flick. It was cheap to make. It is considered a success. And in case you’re out of the loop, most films didn’t do great this year.

by Anonymousreply 38December 29, 2023 6:53 PM

When this actor’s mentioned i think he’s the male Gretchen Mol.

by Anonymousreply 39December 29, 2023 6:56 PM

Yes, r38; you've made your point several times over now. You took and responded personally a post consisting only of a link to an impersonal financial article.

You love Jacob. We know.

by Anonymousreply 40December 30, 2023 2:04 AM

One doesn’t need to love Jacob to point out the facts.

by Anonymousreply 41December 30, 2023 2:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!