Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stephen Smith and The Continuing Murdaugh Saga

It's been eight months since Alex was convicted and the press is still following the reopened investigation of Stephen's death. Do you think the Murdaughs were involved?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 10:47 AM

I'm sure the son was involved At what level we'll have to wait and see.

Were they fucking or was Stephen supplying drugs? Could be both.

I admire Stephens' mother for not letting this case die.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2023 5:26 PM

I'm willing to give the Murdaughs the benefit of doubt. Not.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2023 5:29 PM

So, could this development open up the investigation? Anyone actually trust the authorities to do an actual investigation? I mean, Smith died in 2015, and it's now 2023 and the headlines and Murdaugh scrutiny is fading fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Involved? Yes. All signs seem to point it, especially the right quick self-insertion of the Murdaugh's into the middle of legal and other aspects. They were too quick and aggressive in stepping in in that Southern "now you just leave everything to me" way that usually arises when persons in power takes advantage of persons in distress. And it didn't seem the routine sort of ambulance chasing lawyer opportunist tactic.

But were the Murdaughs central? That will be the difficult thing to demonstrate persuasively.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 10:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!