Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julianna Margulies controversial statement

There's no thread about it, as far as I can see. She is getting dragged for her latest podcast. What says you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 2, 2023 5:12 PM

P.S. the sign said no Zionists, not no Jews, like she is saying

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2023 4:09 PM

I say that I didn't even know this till the dumb cunt on twitter brought it up whilst admonishing others not to. Fuck her. I hate anyone who says yt.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2023 4:29 PM

She meant "you are even lower than the Jews in the social hierarchy." She was bending over backwards in the Oppression Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2023 4:31 PM

R3 I know what she meant

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2023 4:34 PM

She's a Jew so of course she's being attacked online.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2023 4:40 PM

r4 I know you know what she meant, but you were asking for our opinion, so I give one.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2023 4:41 PM

Wait, so this dumb bitch really doesn't know what she meant? Not surprising, she things yt is a word.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2023 4:43 PM

Can you copy and paste her post so I don’t have to click on X?

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2023 4:44 PM

[quote] She's a Jew so of course she's being attacked online.

She's a Jew so of course she'll get a pass.

THERE, I fixed it for you.

Meanwhile, Susan Sarandon gets dropped by her agency and Melissa Barrera gets fired from Scream for asking for fair media coverage.

But not a peep about Margulies' hate speech.

That goes to show you exactly who is in charge of Hollywood and the media, which we all knew already.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2023 4:45 PM

"“as a lesbian” says the woman married to a man 😣?!?" you guys all do that, isn't that what "queer" means? All these people are assholes, OP. I hope you don't follow them. I joined twitter to follow Chuck D.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2023 4:45 PM

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2023 4:46 PM

R9 Hamas awaits you. Don't tell them you're gay though, they'll light you on fire.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2023 4:46 PM

This isn't "hate speech"

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2023 4:46 PM

These opportunists live to twist. Margulies said that a black lesbian club not allowing jews in support of muslims is and asinine and misguided concept because to muslims blacks and gays are even lower than jews.

So, the outrage is that she dared to speak as a cis gender white woman who plays a lesbian on television? Meanwhile she is stating a truth: if you are a dyke and support muslims you are a fucking idiot because you would be executed.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2023 4:46 PM

She said it with her whole chest. Both of them titties.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2023 4:50 PM

R14 Supporting Palestine isn't supporting Muslims. You think there are no atheists, agnostics, Christians, Hindus in Palestine? There are no gays in Palestine? They are all blood thirsty homophobes? So is supporting US that same as supporting homophobic Christians?

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2023 4:52 PM

R6 Got it. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2023 4:52 PM

R10 And what does Chuck D says on the matter?

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2023 4:53 PM

I don’t like he,, but people distort things. She was not very articulate about it (or maybe it was too much), but she didn’t meant to say blacks and lesbians were lower than the jews, just that it is not correct for a persecuted minority to discriminate another.

I do think that her calling herself a lesbian because she plays one in tv is rich, though.

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2023 4:54 PM

R18 Chuck is a fan of Jimmy Carter and is talking about how he tried to meet with Hamas. Chuck is anti terrorist.

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2023 4:55 PM

At least she's honest.

Jews were very helpful to blacks in getting the equality they were looking for. Now that they have it, they want to throw them under the bus. Not a good look.

Unfortunately, people are looking at this situation based on their Americanized understanding of history, which makes it completely wrong.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2023 4:56 PM

R20 Good for Chuck

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2023 4:56 PM

Who really cares what this ugly old troll thinks, any way?

Just cancel the fucking bitch, and be done with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2023 4:58 PM

R21 How are they throwing blacks under the bus? Honest question, not trolling.

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2023 5:01 PM

r24 is illiterate, but also responding to a false allegation.

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2023 5:03 PM

[quote]That goes to show you exactly who is in charge of Hollywood and the media, which we all knew already.

I sense an impending revolution in the U.S. film industry.

It's been nearly sixty years since the last one.

Except that time, the industry went from conservative (Golden Age) to liberal (New Hollywood).

But now the pendulum is going to swing back.

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2023 5:09 PM

So...no answer then R25. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2023 5:10 PM

[quote]Meanwhile, Susan Sarandon gets dropped by her agency and Melissa Barrera gets fired from Scream for asking for fair media coverage.

They both made grossly offensive comments that minimise the historic persecution of Jews.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2023 5:13 PM

They should stfu about that kind of shit. Do they really not know this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2023 5:16 PM

I'm not that poster, r27. But you misunderstood what he wrote. He was saying blacks are throwing Jews under the bus, not the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2023 5:17 PM

Oh, duh R30. Thanks. In my defense, I'm just having my coffee now.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2023 5:19 PM

That is NO defense, r31!

This is the Datalounge. Enter without coffee at your own risk.

by Anonymousreply 32November 22, 2023 5:21 PM

It's not fucking hard to make a statement on the matter that shows you're a decent human being.

Look at Pink for example.

The left wing cranks in the UK who signed the first ceasefire letter didn't even mention the hostages because "that goes without saying".

by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2023 5:21 PM

Julianna....come back to us when the Israelis are bombing your apartment building killing thousands of innocent Palestinians. Or perhaps when the Israelis are bombing your local hospital killing babies in the ICU.

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2023 5:22 PM

Why even mention it at all though? Especially if you work in Hollywood and know you are being scrutinized. If ever there was a time for a dollface thread, this is it.

by Anonymousreply 35November 22, 2023 5:24 PM

Or perhaps when Hamas is killing your kids at a music festival.

by Anonymousreply 36November 22, 2023 5:24 PM

Whose side is she on? I can’t be bothered to listen.

by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2023 5:25 PM

What do those tweets even mean? They don’t even make sense.

by Anonymousreply 38November 22, 2023 5:25 PM

[quote]Julianna....come back to us when the Israelis are bombing your apartment building killing thousands of innocent Palestinians. Or perhaps when the Israelis are bombing your local hospital killing babies in the ICU.

She's a fucking Jew - if she had been in Israel on October 7th she would have been raped, tortured, mutilated and burned, as would her family members.

You saw the celebrations in Gaza when Hamas returned with captured Israelis - you saw them kicking dead elderly people in the street, parading rape victims and spitting on naked women.

by Anonymousreply 39November 22, 2023 5:29 PM

She’s going to be fired right… right?

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2023 5:38 PM

We await her talent agency dropping her.

by Anonymousreply 41November 22, 2023 5:38 PM

Google News shows nothing about this only her calling out her Hollywood friends remaining silent on what’s happening to Jews.

by Anonymousreply 42November 22, 2023 5:40 PM

[quote]only her calling out her Hollywood friends remaining silent on what’s happening to Jews.

Did she call out her good buddy George Clooney for his silence? He's usually up on his soapbox pontificating about world affairs but not this time. He's probably busy with his beard's arms dealing family. Her uncle is arms dealer Ziad Takieddine and a major supplier to Hamas & Hezbollah.

I've wondered why Julianna and George's other good buddy Julia Roberts didn't attend his "wedding". Makes they know he's a phony and the "we're good friends" thing is just typical Hollywood b.s.

by Anonymousreply 43November 22, 2023 5:50 PM

*maybe

by Anonymousreply 44November 22, 2023 5:51 PM

R29 That was funny

by Anonymousreply 45November 22, 2023 5:59 PM

Juliana obviously is pretending that she saw things with her own eyes. She’s full of shit and sounds like a weirdo. She’s a lesbian because she played one? TF?

by Anonymousreply 46November 22, 2023 6:12 PM

I wish this thread were the place to comment on my trauma from seeing Juliana getting stabbed in the face by Reese Witherspoons's chin, but it's not, so I won't.

by Anonymousreply 47November 22, 2023 6:25 PM

[quote]P.S. the sign said no Zionists, not no Jews, like she is saying

That changes EVERYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 48November 22, 2023 6:37 PM

It gets worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 23, 2023 8:51 AM

[quote] Julianna....come back to us when the Israelis are bombing your apartment building killing thousands of innocent Palestinians. Or perhaps when the Israelis are bombing your local hospital killing babies in the ICU.

Fuck off with your bullshit propaganda. Come back to us when Hamas is attacking, raping and killing innocent Israeli civilians including babies and then having the fucking gall to play victim to the causalities of a war they started.

by Anonymousreply 50November 23, 2023 10:48 AM

My understanding is that the October 7 attack was unprovoked and started by Hamas. They raped, pillaged, and slaughtered many of the most vulnerable Israelis.

Is any of this incorrect? Tell me if I'm missing something. Please.

by Anonymousreply 51November 23, 2023 11:31 AM

[quote] She was not very articulate about it

No shit. She’s actually a moron.

by Anonymousreply 52November 23, 2023 12:32 PM

[quote]Margulies said that a black lesbian club not allowing jews in support of muslims is and asinine and misguided concept because to muslims blacks and gays are even lower than jews.

What is incorrect about this statement?

by Anonymousreply 53November 23, 2023 1:12 PM

She made a common sense argument that most people would say privately in conversation with their friends. But saying it publicly is forbidden because gen Z will find it, put it on their social media and try to get you cancelled.

But honestly - what Jew in their right mind is looking to join a black lesbian Muslim club? Can you imagine?

Don’t worry ladies. Your club is safe.

by Anonymousreply 54November 23, 2023 1:36 PM

I am R54!

by Anonymousreply 55November 23, 2023 1:53 PM

[quote] Jews were very helpful to blacks in getting the equality they were looking for. Now that they have it, they want to throw them under the bus. Not a good look.

Yeah R21 so helpful they helped sell Africans into the Atlantic slave trade meanwhile no Africans were involved in the holocaust so save your pathetic attempt to whitewash history in defense of this racist bitch. What help were they to Black civil rights and equality? Some jewish rabbi from the 1960s posing with Martin Luther King isnt "help". Infiltrating the Hip Hop industry and giving black rappers slave contracts isnt "help". Fake activism on Twitter isnt helpful at all. Everyone knows they only help themselves and label everyone else "antisemitic" while pretending to be real victims of oppression. The USA certainly isn't sending countries Africa billions and billions in aid and funding their military like they do Isreal and Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 56November 23, 2023 2:11 PM

^Israel

by Anonymousreply 57November 23, 2023 2:14 PM

R56 is Chuck D.

Beware of the hand when it's comin from the left, I ain't trippin, just watch your step.

by Anonymousreply 58November 23, 2023 2:16 PM

Oh, shut up, r56.

by Anonymousreply 59November 23, 2023 2:18 PM

I wish someone would put a bullet through the head of every Twitter moron that's complained about it and also the morons complaining about Jimmy Fallon calling someone but seriously just kill them.

by Anonymousreply 60November 23, 2023 2:21 PM

R49? I knew there was a reason I hated her. Plus, if you watch the earliest seasons of the TV show ER, you can see her original nose. Fug.

Now, Archie Panjabi, I like.

by Anonymousreply 61November 23, 2023 2:22 PM

R49 so I've also had to run away from Dykes so that they didn't beat me up. So what?

by Anonymousreply 62November 23, 2023 2:27 PM

You shut up R59

by Anonymousreply 63November 23, 2023 2:29 PM

Both of you shut up.

by Anonymousreply 64November 23, 2023 3:04 PM

[quote] My understanding is that the October 7 attack was unprovoked and started by Hamas. They raped, pillaged, and slaughtered many of the most vulnerable Israelis.

Is any of this incorrect? Tell me if I'm missing something. Please.

You've missed the Israeli occupation and settlement of the West Bank?

by Anonymousreply 65November 23, 2023 6:24 PM

Yeah R65, Oct. 7 was all justified because Jews

by Anonymousreply 66November 23, 2023 6:26 PM

You made about 40 leaps and assumptions there and jumped straight to shrieking RACIST, the sign off a lazy and stupid debater, but you do you, r66. All I was saying was that that Hamas attacks didn't happen in a vacuum, which is stating the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 67November 23, 2023 6:42 PM

Julianna Margulies is an ugly, horse faced cunt.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 68November 23, 2023 6:44 PM

The fact you keep fucking bringing it up means you somehow think it's justified R67. But you knew that. Fuck off

by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2023 8:29 PM

What kind of estimates me about the people living on this border is that they weren't more prepared for this. Like you live next door to people that you're oppressing who react violently all the time to your oppression and constantly lobbing bombs into your country so why wouldn't something that's like you know a huge festival drawing thousands of people that even here in America is seen as a potential Target why does it seem like that was so unfortified given their location and the danger that they're constantly in.

by Anonymousreply 70November 23, 2023 8:54 PM

R68 Is blind

by Anonymousreply 71November 23, 2023 10:35 PM

I always thought that she was ugly. On the inside too I guess.

by Anonymousreply 72November 23, 2023 10:50 PM

[quote]“Oh my God, forget it,” Margulies responded. “It’s those kids who are spewing this antisemitic hate that have no idea if they stepped foot in an Islamic country — these people who want us to call them they/them, or whatever they want us to call them, which I have respectfully really made a point of doing,” she said, adding, “It’s those people that will be the first people beheaded, and their heads played with [like] a soccer ball, like a soccer ball on the field.”

She's 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2023 3:49 PM

The actor vid was funny r29. “Hey, did you do your Israel-Palestine post yet? What does your manager think? Oh, you’re not represented?”

by Anonymousreply 74December 2, 2023 12:49 AM

I love Chuck D.

Mad respect for him.👍💯

by Anonymousreply 75December 2, 2023 5:31 AM

Zionism is sexy, yo.

by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2023 6:19 AM

Why would muslims kill the pronoun brigade? Is there something against fictional gender identities in the Quran?

by Anonymousreply 77December 2, 2023 6:27 AM

[quote] Some jewish rabbi from the 1960s posing with Martin Luther King isnt "help".

How about Mickey Schwarner? How about all the Jewish civil rights attorneys in the 60s?

Henry Moskowitz was one of the founders of the NAACP. Julius Rosenwald donated heavily to HBCs. There are more, if you could be bothered to do more than spout some sad garbage.

by Anonymousreply 78December 2, 2023 12:21 PM

[quote] Some jewish rabbi from the 1960s posing with Martin Luther King isnt "help".

Fuck all the way off, Jewish Americans helped create many of the organizations that fought for civil rights including the NAACP for God’s sake. They marched with black Americans in DC. The SLPC was created by Jews to combat organized hate groups. Why do you think so many white supremacists hate Jews so much? It’s not just because they aren’t Christian. It’s because Jewish people have a history of activism. They’re considered rabble rousers because they don’t stay silent about things like civil injustice.

I swear to God, if you were in front of me I would kick you extra hard. What a fucking dumbass you are.

by Anonymousreply 79December 2, 2023 1:01 PM

My guess is that the “white savior” element comes in to play there^

by Anonymousreply 80December 2, 2023 1:05 PM

[quote]Fuck all the way off, Jewish Americans helped create many of the organizations that fought for civil rights including the NAACP for God’s sake. They marched with black Americans in DC. The SLPC was created by Jews to combat organized hate groups. Why do you think so many white supremacists hate Jews so much? It’s not just because they aren’t Christian. It’s because Jewish people have a history of activism. They’re considered rabble rousers because they don’t stay silent about things like civil injustice.

Yep - liberal Jews always took an interest in the rights of those who were oppressed and fought for them - women, black people, gay people, people with disabilities, immigrants, muslims.

I agree that "we stood with you, why won't you stand with us" is tone deaf and like a sledgehammer but it is factually true.

by Anonymousreply 81December 2, 2023 1:08 PM

R81, Israel is a small country in the middle east that is doing horrific things. Why should we stand with it?

There are tons of homophobic straight Zionists Amy Schumer and Michael Rappaport. Not to mention the hasidics that murdered a gay black man in NY and then used their jewish privilege to avoid responisbility.

We really dont owe anything to them. Besides gay jews.

by Anonymousreply 82December 2, 2023 2:31 PM

Because Jews are the litmus test.

What happens to Jews always happens to other groups. Gays are next.

by Anonymousreply 83December 2, 2023 2:35 PM

[quote] Yeah [R21] so helpful they helped sell Africans into the Atlantic slave trade

Yup. They bought them from the Africans that sold them.

by Anonymousreply 84December 2, 2023 4:07 PM

[quote]Yeah [R21] so helpful they helped sell Africans into the Atlantic slave trade meanwhile no Africans were involved in the holocaust so save your pathetic attempt to whitewash history in defense of this racist bitch. What help were they to Black civil rights and equality? Some jewish rabbi from the 1960s posing with Martin Luther King isnt "help". Infiltrating the Hip Hop industry and giving black rappers slave contracts isnt "help". Fake activism on Twitter isnt helpful at all. Everyone knows they only help themselves and label everyone else "antisemitic" while pretending to be real victims of oppression. The USA certainly isn't sending countries Africa billions and billions in aid and funding their military like they do Isreal and Ukraine.

AND UKRAINE!

by Anonymousreply 85December 2, 2023 5:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!