Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What does DL think of the best basketball player in the NBA and in the world - Nikola Jokic, reigning Finals MVP

I won't bore people who don't care for sports stats but he is without a doubt a living legend and on track to break some of the most ridiculous records in the NBA. He is the best player on the reigning championship team and they are looking like the best team in the NBA this season too. The American media and the NBA pretty much refuses to market him, because he's considered to be fat and ugly and unathletic. Obviously it isn't possible to be the best player in the NBA without tremendous athletic gifts, it basically just means he doesn't jump high or run fast. He was fined a few years ago for saying "no homo". Nikola Jokic is 6'11" and 284 lb from Serbia. Is it fair for the NBA media to freeze him out of promotion and coverage for not being sexy or flashy? Do you think he's hot or a complete uggo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2023 6:16 PM

I like older, schlubby men who look blue collar. 40 and up. That will be him, to a T, in 15 years so.

A huge yes then. Not so much now.

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2023 9:46 PM

Luka Garza....

Minnesota, let the boy play!

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2023 10:10 PM

r1 he already looks like a 40 year old plumber

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 6:04 PM

Big, dumb and full of pierogis.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 6:10 PM

Until I saw the OP I’d never thought of him.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2023 6:11 PM

here's a mix of highlights. Nikola Jokic is a 2 time MVP (he should have won three in a row but the voters gave a pity win to another player last year) , reigning finals MVP and NBA champion, and is on track to break the record for the most triple doubles (means scoring two digits in three box score categories - points/assists/rebounds/blocks/steals) in NBA history despite his extremely young career. He's the most effective and efficient offensive player in NBA history and the Denver Nuggets are once again the best team in the Western Conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2023 6:14 PM

I live in the region he hails from and I see so many guys like him around me on a daily basis, I can't possibly judge his hotness levels. He just sort of blends into the background for me.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2023 6:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!