Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What a lovely day

Today was beautiful and unseasonably warm in both Boston and on the Cape. This morning in Boston it was sunny and 50°.

This morning I went to the baptism of a friend’s baby, had a lovely lunch afterwards, visited some antique shops, and am now about to make a cocktail and go to the kitchen to begin tonight’s dinner—roast chicken, of course.

What have you all been up to today?

by Anonymousreply 19November 7, 2023 12:02 AM

Ugh, still hot.

I’ve been cleaning out file folders from 20 years ago.

Old payment stubs, unemployment insurance stubs, just accumulated junk from the past twenty years.

Getting new furniture in three rooms and need to do a thorough decluttering.

Your day sounds much better, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 1November 5, 2023 9:51 PM

What kind of cocktails are on the menu Greg? Knowing you it will be something fancy!

by Anonymousreply 2November 5, 2023 10:19 PM

Well, R1, what you’re doing isn’t fun, but think of how pleased you’ll be and what a sense of accomplishment you’ll feel when you take delivery of your new furniture.

What is the occasion for the new furniture?

by Anonymousreply 3November 5, 2023 10:26 PM

[quote] What kind of cocktails are on the menu Greg? Knowing you it will be something fancy!

Hey, R2!

When it comes to cocktails I keep things pretty simple. My partner is having a bourbon Manhattan on the rocks, and I’m having a Bombay martini, up with a twist.

What are you up to?

by Anonymousreply 4November 5, 2023 10:29 PM

85 here in SoCal today.

by Anonymousreply 5November 5, 2023 10:33 PM

^ Very warm!

Is that temperature unusual, R5?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 5, 2023 10:51 PM

Hi Greg, having a margarita before dinner and making this dish from the NYTimes (using halibut rather than swordfish). The fishmonger didn’t have swordfish this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 5, 2023 10:56 PM

a few hours of work in the morning, lunch, hit the gym, got plowed by the bf

and now I'm here

by Anonymousreply 8November 5, 2023 10:58 PM

Wow, Billyburg/R7, that looks fantastic!

Let us know how it is.

I’d love to make that.

by Anonymousreply 9November 5, 2023 11:04 PM

And halibut is so nice.

by Anonymousreply 10November 5, 2023 11:05 PM

[quote] a few hours of work in the morning, lunch, hit the gym, got plowed by the bf…and now I'm here.

Sounds like a great day, R8!

by Anonymousreply 11November 5, 2023 11:06 PM

Greg r9 it works well with any firm, streaky fish. I’ve used halibut and swordfish, done it on an an outdoor grill, or an indoor oven with a grill pan in a 400 degree oven. Like most NYTimes recipes I at least double the seasonings (aside from salt). I find most of the NYTimes recipes are light on the spices and seasonings.

by Anonymousreply 12November 6, 2023 12:07 AM

Steaky fish, not streaky fish……

by Anonymousreply 13November 6, 2023 12:08 AM

I found a piece of bread under the rubble, and a few drops of water.

by Anonymousreply 14November 6, 2023 12:14 AM

❤️ you ^.

by Anonymousreply 15November 6, 2023 12:18 AM

I"m still raking, OP. The oak leaves are still dropping.

by Anonymousreply 16November 6, 2023 12:20 AM

It was just time for new furniture, Greg.

We were sick of the dining room set so we decided to get a new one. Our current living room set is about 25 years old and had to go. The sofa in the den has also seen better days and we’re getting a big sectional to replace it.

My brother and his lady and her kid are coming over for thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 17November 6, 2023 5:36 AM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 18November 6, 2023 11:44 PM

How lovely you are, R18.

by Anonymousreply 19November 7, 2023 12:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!