Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hugh Jackman's Divorce Is Reportedly Going To Involve 'Big Bombshells' About His Life

Nobody was expecting Hugh Jackman’s divorce announcement from his wife of 27 years, Deborra-Lee Furness, but the shocking split had all of Hollywood reeling. As he starts his new chapter in life, the 54-year-old actor’s next step may surprise a few of his fans — Jackman is reportedly writing a memoir.

Even though Jackman is an A-list star, he and Furness did a great job keeping their personal life and their children, Oscar, 23, and Ava, 18, out of the headlines. So, the rumored news about publishing his personal journey is a curious one. An Us Weekly insider divulged that the Wolverine star “is in the early stages of writing it,” but there is a specific reason for why Jackman thinks it is the right time to open up. “Hugh’s choosing to [write this book] now because he’s finally [being] honest with himself [and] the divorce, and this book is the first step,” they noted.

While he will likely talk more intimately about why he and Furness called it quits after almost three decades together, the source is also teasing that the memoir will include “big bombshells.” That little bit of tea alone is enough to get every tabloid speculating about the revelations in Jackman’s book. “The content will be Hugh speaking about his life,” the insider said. “He’ll be opening up about his life like never before. It’s been very healing for him.”

Jackman has lightly touched on going to therapy to finally work through the decades-long issues stemming from the exit of his mother, Grace McNeil, from his young life. She left when he was only eight years old. “I just started it recently,” he told Who magazine, via Today, in December 2022. “It helped me a lot. We all need a village. Most importantly, it’s helping me to be more relational with the people I love in my life, and really understanding and living in their shoes and being clear to be able to see them.”

While there is currently no official announcement about the book, nor a publication date, fans might be seeing an entirely new side to Jackman once his jaw-dropping memoir is published.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 5, 2023 1:17 PM

So is he finally going to come out?

by Anonymousreply 1October 5, 2023 5:45 PM

Ok, ok. Before it comes out, I’ll just tell you.

One time while I was bulking up for a Wolverine job, I slipped on a banana peel in a men’s locker room and as I fell, a penis accidentally ended up in my mouth. For an hour. And then it just kept happening. At least two or three thousand more times. And sometimes it wasn’t my mouth.

There. HAPPY NOW?

by Anonymousreply 2October 5, 2023 5:49 PM

Where have I been? This is the first I've heard of a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 3October 5, 2023 5:51 PM

I doubt he will come out as he still has many more years of career ahead of him. Perhaps he will write a late in life autobiography like Richard Chamberlain and unburden himself then.

I don't think he will remarry/rebeard. I don't know if he will go the PR fake relationship dating route either. He will claim to still be "healing" from the divorce and not ready to date for several years to come until the media stops being interested.

by Anonymousreply 4October 5, 2023 5:52 PM

I'm going to tell my own story, before that old bitch hag starts spreading lies about me!

I just know she's conspiring with that bitter racist queen, John Palermo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 5, 2023 5:55 PM

Isn't Deb a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 6October 5, 2023 5:56 PM

If he doesn’t come out, we should all be pissed about this low key gay baiting PR. They know exactly what the fuck they’re implying. If he doesn’t come out to go “oh, you you’re mistaken you must be confused. That’s not what we meant.” they are baiting the gay thing in order to drive interest in the book.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2023 5:59 PM

No way, R6.

Deb just loves her straight men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2023 6:00 PM

He's not really Australian.

He's Milton Moorehead of Syosset, Long Island

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2023 6:02 PM

I think a bigger bombshell is how Hugh Jackman could have such a long term relationship with an assistant/lover who was clearly a hard core racist.

Hugh must have known what Palermo was really like in private, which begs the question, is Hugh okay with that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2023 6:04 PM

Is this for real? Is it…is it finally MY turn?

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2023 6:04 PM

R10 that sounds like a hack. I don’t think he did that.

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2023 6:07 PM

Hugh is always caught by the paps, hanging around with some random hot guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2023 6:09 PM

Or "personal trainer."

Lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2023 6:10 PM

Dickpig Jackman

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2023 6:11 PM

yawn

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2023 6:12 PM

[quote] R10 that sounds like a hack. I don’t think he did that.

WRONG.

He posted it to Facebook, and E! even covered the story.

[quote] X-Men Producer John Palermo Goes on Racist Rant, Calls Out Kanye West, Julie Chen and Anderson Cooper

X-Men producer John Palermo is in hot water after making several shocking racist comments on his Facebook (which has since been taken down).

Palermo, who's known for working as Hugh Jackman's producing partner, called out celebs like Kanye West, Julie Chen and Anderson Cooper on his page last month in a racist rant.

Referencing Chen's plastic surgery shocker on The Talk, Palermo wrote on Sept. 12 (via THR), "I'm crazy about Julie Chen!!! Now that her eyes are finally open, she should leave [husband] Monster Moonves."

The same day, he took on news that Kim Kardashian and West had bought a Bel-Air mansion, posting, "There goes the neighborhood!!! It looks like a Poor Persian Palace, where's Kris Jenner when you need her?! #MoneyCantBuyADumbN----Class."

Additionally, Palermo made a homophobic joke (not a funny one) about Cooper attending his boyfriend's recent bar opening in NYC, simply writing, "#SmellsLikeLubeAndHIV."

While Palermo isn't directly defending his racist remarks, he told E! News earlier today, "Ever since the Emmys I have canceled my Facebook account because it is so easy for things to be misread."

He also confessed to THR, "I stopped caring about what Hollywood thinks of me years ago. I've got nothing to lose, nothing to gain. I'm a bored dude, unemployed, sitting at home in the Valley. For me, some of the best ways to overcome serious issues is to laugh about them. Because then you truly understand where that ignorance is coming from."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2023 6:14 PM

Hugh loves the boys AND the budgie smugglers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2023 6:15 PM

Its all in the build up and anticipation; in the end we'll all be disappointed at how bland any revelations will be.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2023 6:17 PM

I gotta be meeeeee!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2023 6:54 PM

Maybe Deborra-Lee is a man.

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2023 7:29 PM

The biggest bombshell will be that he dyes his hair to cover the gray. Zzzz.

by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2023 8:08 PM

I love Hugh. I even like Deborra-Lee.

I don’t want any bombshells big or little to be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2023 8:13 PM

Has Gus Kenworthy slid into his DM'S yet?

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2023 8:14 PM

I’m sorry why do we think he’s gay as a goose again?

by Anonymousreply 25October 5, 2023 8:15 PM

Fuck him if he played it safe all these years and comes out now. Fuck him a lot.

by Anonymousreply 26October 5, 2023 8:21 PM

I can't wait to read it!

by Anonymousreply 27October 5, 2023 8:24 PM

R23. Oh, I would really like to know if Hugh is gay.

by Anonymousreply 28October 5, 2023 8:33 PM

I’m of the mind that Hugh is gay without telling us he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 29October 5, 2023 8:38 PM

Please this is someone who knows his way round the PR game. I doubt I’ve ever heard him interviewed where he hasn’t mentioned Debs, the wife, the kids ad nauseam. To come out now would show him up for the game player he has always been. The “bombshells” whet the appetite of the fans. It will be as bland and phoney as Hugh is himself.

by Anonymousreply 30October 5, 2023 10:32 PM

If he were to come out, he'd have to burn the system down... they made me do it... damage career... blah blah blah... but there's no way he can sell I realized my truth.

He is not biting the hand that feed him and not just because there's a ball gag in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 31October 5, 2023 10:42 PM

He’s not coming out. How many times have the two of them denied that he’s gay? 1000, 10,000? He’d look like a lying fool if he were finally admitting it after a 27 year marriage, and years of denials.

by Anonymousreply 32October 5, 2023 10:43 PM

I’m not gay but I am an insatiable bottom.

by Anonymousreply 33October 5, 2023 10:45 PM

[quote] I’m not gay but I am an insatiable bottom.

I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is!

by Anonymousreply 34October 5, 2023 10:53 PM

“I know what you're all thinking... is he? Isn't he...

... Australian?”

by Anonymousreply 35October 5, 2023 10:56 PM

Top to Bottom?

- or -

Bottom to Top?

by Anonymousreply 36October 5, 2023 10:58 PM

This page is giving me grief right now no matter which platform I use. Can someone post the link to the article in OP's post? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 37October 5, 2023 11:16 PM

I agree with R7. It's very disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 38October 5, 2023 11:22 PM

Hugh isn't gay but his penis is.

by Anonymousreply 39October 5, 2023 11:46 PM

Come now, you know he'll reach for the 'fluid' moniker, its the safest strategy

by Anonymousreply 40October 6, 2023 12:27 AM

Honestly, what else could it be?

by Anonymousreply 41October 6, 2023 12:38 AM

Why did they finally split?

by Anonymousreply 42October 6, 2023 12:46 AM

He detests show tunes.

by Anonymousreply 43October 6, 2023 12:48 AM

We're finally going to learn what Hugh ordered when he had lunch with Bryan Singer earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2023 1:02 AM

He's a handsome man for sure but unlike millions I don't find him hot in the least.

Hew is cursed by the heartbreak of micro-nip.

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2023 1:06 AM

[quote]We're finally going to learn what Hugh ordered when he had lunch with Bryan Singer earlier this year.

What, or WHO?

by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2023 1:50 AM

I don’t think he will come out. If he comes out, it will also out the other actors he hangs out a lot like Ryan Reynolds , jake gyllenhaal

by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2023 2:25 AM

If he expects that coming out will endear him to the gay community I think he’s mistaken. I don’t know about the rest of you but I detest closeted men who are having gay sex on the side and living a lie.

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2023 11:49 AM

Chapter 1 : 🍆

by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2023 11:52 AM

[quote] I don’t think he will come out. If he comes out, it will also out the other actors he hangs out a lot like Ryan Reynolds , jake gyllenhaal

All people we have been discussing here for ages.

All closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 50October 6, 2023 11:56 AM

"The truth is that my mother's abandonment of our family when I was young compelled me to seek constant validation from other women through sex, and I have been cheating on my wife with other women throughout our marriage."

by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2023 12:28 PM

He’s as tedious as it gets.

Don’t forget: he remains close pals with Jared and Ivanka and refuses to denounce their behavior. He’s an absolute phony.

by Anonymousreply 52October 6, 2023 12:45 PM

Hugh should wait a while before coming out.

by Anonymousreply 53October 6, 2023 12:47 PM

R32, How many years did Liberace deny he was gay?

by Anonymousreply 54October 6, 2023 12:49 PM

He’s friends with Jarvanka? He’s well past the age where I’d give a shit if he came out. I don’t think it’ll be that anyway. It’ll be some other innocuous straight guy malady, like hooker addiction.

by Anonymousreply 55October 6, 2023 12:49 PM

At the start of his book tour he's going to announce his engagement to the "utterly enchanting" Katie Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 56October 6, 2023 12:50 PM

All those years I thought people were asking me if I was "grey."

by Anonymousreply 57October 6, 2023 12:51 PM

R10 why are you making excuses for people who you do not know?

by Anonymousreply 58October 6, 2023 12:53 PM

R54 Lee was gay?!

by Anonymousreply 59October 6, 2023 12:53 PM

[quote] So is he finally going to come out?

Perhaps but that would NOT be a "big bombshell" as has been teased.

by Anonymousreply 60October 6, 2023 1:19 PM

It will be a coming out but he will wrap it in that he wanted a family and the only way to do that was love a woman - Deb who is his bff..blah blah blah - i am guessing he will wrap god up in it about how he gave him the strength to not be gay.

by Anonymousreply 61October 6, 2023 1:24 PM

Portraying Peter Allen in "The Boy Next Door" helped him realize he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 62October 6, 2023 1:30 PM

r62 hahahahahahha yeah..I am pretty sure he was gay before that.

by Anonymousreply 63October 6, 2023 1:55 PM

If he does "come out", it will be with vague, "queer" Newspeak that doesn't really tell you anything, like Wayne Brady: "I see someone for the person they are, not for their gender." Riiiiight....

by Anonymousreply 64October 6, 2023 1:59 PM

[quote] [R62] hahahahahahha yeah..I am pretty sure he was gay before that.

Yes, but he didn't know he had a unique talent for being gay, or that he excelled at being gay, until "The Boy Next Door."

by Anonymousreply 65October 6, 2023 1:59 PM

I think he and Richard Armitage would look nice together.

I hope he doesn't come out and become a cliche like Lee Pace did.

by Anonymousreply 66October 6, 2023 2:00 PM

[[R5]] Awe yes... John Palermo... so hot back in the day. Once good at "many things." (and he was good ;) just didn't like the ego.

by Anonymousreply 67October 6, 2023 2:06 PM

Is there pegging?

by Anonymousreply 68October 6, 2023 2:08 PM

Mamma’s muzzy just sprouted knives with anticipation!

by Anonymousreply 69October 6, 2023 2:10 PM

It will be a "safe" coming out - I'm bi or queer.

by Anonymousreply 70October 6, 2023 2:16 PM

He is writing a memoir and they are teasing "big bombshells". Standard playlist for rolling out a memoir. Cue Prince Harry and Spare and many before them.

by Anonymousreply 71October 6, 2023 2:31 PM

His wife is a Xanax-y socialite.

by Anonymousreply 72October 6, 2023 2:33 PM

[quote]Portraying Peter Allen in "The Boy Next Door" helped him realize he was gay.

[quote]Yes, but he didn't know he had a unique talent for being gay, or that he excelled at being gay, until "The Boy Next Door."

Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 73October 6, 2023 3:08 PM

“ I don’t know about the rest of you but I detest closeted men who are having gay sex on the side and living a lie.”

Miss Thang has solved every other problem in the world and has now directed her ridiculous and stupid attention on this.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 74October 7, 2023 3:03 AM

"...And then Bunny Bixley and I got locked in the closet, can you believe it?! Well, it was just GHASTLY!!"

by Anonymousreply 75October 7, 2023 4:26 AM

[quote]Hugh Jackman's Divorce Is Reportedly Going To Involve 'Big Bombshells' About His Life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 7, 2023 9:13 AM

R74…and now the only problem left to solve is you and your baseless bossiness

by Anonymousreply 77October 7, 2023 11:05 AM

How and if he handles any sexual orientation issue and his marriage is his business. We all live lies to some degree. “All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely Players”

by Anonymousreply 78October 7, 2023 11:47 AM

It seems like bad timing to come out. It’s way, WAY past the time when it would have seemed brave or supportive of the gay community. And straight people are just eye rolling at bi, queer, fluid at this point.

The schtick about his mom leaving seems like a set up for a story about how his wife was a replacement mother for a poor confused young man but it’s hard to believe Furness would sign off on that strategy and I would assume they are on the same page. Plus, he’s just way too old for that to make him seem sympathetic.

OTOH, R7 makes a good point and what does he really have to gain from teasing this if he’s not going to actually do it? And maybe Furness is old enough to not care about being cast in the mother/wife role. But I think that would be a bad move.

If he’s going to do it, he needs to follow through and do it big. Not too much easing into it or pretending he didn’t realize he was gay until a month ago. Just admit he was faking it and explain that the marriage was a sham in one sense, but it worked for them and they love each other so it never seemed like the right time to stop. And flat out admit that aging past leading man roles was part of the decision making process. Basically, “Yeah, I lied. And I’m not apologizing for it.” I think that would work.

by Anonymousreply 79October 7, 2023 12:06 PM

Is he cross dressing?

by Anonymousreply 80October 7, 2023 12:13 PM

Why is the closet queen even bothering to be married to a woman all these years?

Is it because the flowers can fantasize about the stereotypical homo being a straight guy or something?

by Anonymousreply 81October 7, 2023 12:38 PM

R79, The mother was a real winner. She fled Australia and left her husband to raise their three children alone. She landed in the UK, met a guy and began pushing out more children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 7, 2023 12:53 PM

According to Wikipedia, his the British-born mother took the two daughters back to the UK and left the sons and father in Australia. And then had one additional child. Not ideal, but very different from what you describe. I could see it being the best compromise the parents could come up with if the mother was absolutely miserable in Australia or there was some compelling reason they felt the girls were better off in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 83October 7, 2023 1:11 PM

R83, The story has changed over the years. Bottom line, she was a shitty mother.

by Anonymousreply 84October 7, 2023 1:29 PM

I meant to write FRAUS but Siri fucked it up.

by Anonymousreply 85October 7, 2023 1:36 PM

[quote] I meant to write FRAUS but Siri fucked it up.

Always blame the woman.

by Anonymousreply 86October 7, 2023 7:09 PM

[quote] I meant to write FRAUS but Siri fucked it up.

Siri's a dumb whore.

by Anonymousreply 87October 8, 2023 6:52 PM

Who is Hugh dating now?

by Anonymousreply 88October 9, 2023 1:07 AM

[quote] Who is Hugh dating now?

Call me, SHugh!!

I love the Gaysh.

by Anonymousreply 89October 9, 2023 2:12 AM

[quote]Basically, “Yeah, I lied. And I’m not apologizing for it.” I think that would work.

At this point it's all that might work. It's too late for so brave, though he'll probably follow a version of the circuit of La Shock and be lionized at Fire Island and all the other whore hell holes. Five years of Hugh in Speedos and then his tits will sag.

by Anonymousreply 90October 9, 2023 2:20 AM

[quote] Hugh Jackman Allegedly Wants Estranged Wife To Sign ‘Ironclad’ NDA Amid Divorce To Protect His ‘Secrets’

New reports have revealed that Hugh Jackman is making moves to get his estranged wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

The two are gearing up for a divorce after being married for 27 years and welcoming two kids, Oliver and Ava.

Jackman reportedly wants Furness to sign the NDA to prevent Furness from discussing their relationship. The actor is also ready to give Furness a large part of his $100 million fortune if she agrees to the NDA.

According to reports, "Deadpool 3" star Jackman, wants Furness to sign an "ironclad" NDA amid their ongoing plans to end their marriage of almost three decades officially.

It comes after they announced their separation publicly, suggesting that they reached the decision jointly.

Now, the NDA proposed by the "Wolverine" actor is supposedly to keep his estranged wife from talking about their time together in interviews, memoirs, or other possible outlets.

Reports indicate that Jackman is motivated by his desire for privacy, as he is known to be a very private individual and is wary of having any of his numerous secrets exploited by the media.

"This move is less about the financial aspect and more about retaining control," an insider told the National Enquirer, per Radar Online.

The source added, "Hugh's concern has never been money, but rather control. He's a man with lots of secrets and doesn't want any of them exposed."

In the meantime, it is unclear whether Furness is in agreement with signing an NDA, as she has yet to. However, reports have claimed that Jackman is willing to sacrifice a significant portion of his $100 million estate if Furness will append her signature.

"Let's just say Deb will not need to worry about getting a job," an insider said about the situation. "She'll have enough money for the rest of her life — if she signs an airtight non-disclosure agreement."

The insider also shared that the duo did not sign a prenup at the start of the marriage, which would have legally restricted the amount of money Furness could get.

The source continued, "They do not have a prenup and he is poised to be exceedingly generous with his $100 million fortune, provided she accedes to his stipulations."

Back in September, Jackman and Furness shocked the world by announcing that they were going their separate ways.

They shared the decision in a joint statement that noted how "blessed" they were to have spent almost three decades together as "husband and wife in a wonderful, loving marriage."

The duo also told the public that their "journey now is shifting" toward focusing on "individual growth." However, their children, Oscar, aged 23, and Ava, aged 18, continue to be their "highest priority."

Jackman and Furness further mentioned that there would be no other public statement about the divorce, suggesting that the separation would be handled amicably.

They added: "We greatly appreciate your understanding in respecting our privacy as our family navigates this transition in all of our lives. This is the sole statement either of us will make."

Per reports, Jackman and Furness's separation has been a long time coming, and their announcement was just a public confirmation of how much they had grown apart.

According to the Daily Mail, the COVID pandemic "really put a strain on their relationship," leaving it "broken" by the time restrictions were lifted.

Initially, both Jackman and Furness attempted to work through their marital issues, providing each other with an opportunity to reconcile. However, the recent Hollywood writers' strike posed another setback that drew them further apart.

Ultimately, they decided on what they deemed the next "best option," which was for them to divorce and remain friends.

A source told the news outlet: "They worked on it and couldn't get it back…..Hugh found it all to not have the same magic as they once had. Deb had similar concerns and thoughts, and separating is the best option."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 8, 2023 1:17 AM

I’ll give him something to write about.

by Anonymousreply 92November 8, 2023 1:20 AM

What secrets could she possibly know about Hugh?

*giggle*

by Anonymousreply 93November 8, 2023 1:22 AM

He took steroids. That will be one bombshell. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 94November 8, 2023 1:27 AM

His memoir won't have one sentence about his closeted life.

Sorry Hugh, no one wants to read about your childhood trauma.

Hope Deborah declines the NDA...

by Anonymousreply 95November 8, 2023 1:28 AM

Good lord, I've never seen him look gayer than in the OP's preview window.

by Anonymousreply 96November 8, 2023 1:28 AM

Could an NDA possibly cover her not coming out as a lesbian? That would raise eyebrows about him and his motives for marriage. I'm sure many fans are clueless about his sexuality.

Where are divorce proceedings taking place? If it's in California, money isn't an incentive for her to sign an NDA since all assets are community property to be split equally if there's no prenup.

by Anonymousreply 97November 8, 2023 1:35 AM

[quote] Who is Hugh dating now?

Probably high class escorts with the agency taking care of the NDA.

by Anonymousreply 98November 8, 2023 1:40 AM

He obviously has mummy issues!

by Anonymousreply 99November 8, 2023 2:17 AM

I think he's bi

by Anonymousreply 100November 8, 2023 2:17 AM

R24 Poor Gus needs some serious manmeat to satisfy his hole at this point.

by Anonymousreply 101November 8, 2023 2:17 AM

Wow, his wife looks very butch in the picture

by Anonymousreply 102November 8, 2023 2:18 AM

[quote]ackman reportedly wants Furness to sign the NDA to prevent Furness from discussing their relationship. The actor is also ready to give Furness a large part of his $100 million fortune if she agrees to the NDA.

A NDA? Who's surprised?

Jackman posted pics of him trimming his beard down in his IG....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 8, 2023 2:24 AM

We kept it GAY.

by Anonymousreply 104November 8, 2023 2:40 AM

A "memoir" allows the writer to play fast and loose with timelines and events. It should be a serious biography about HJ, with his permission but in a professional style.

by Anonymousreply 105November 8, 2023 3:41 AM

Celebrities who can sell their stories on their names rather than on nostalgia, don’t really do authorised biographies. And authorised biographies seem to be something that estates hand over to a biographer.

Harry, Britney and Jessica Simpson reaped the rewards of hiring some of the best ghost writers in the business to mould their lives into something readable.

Some celebrities (esp comics) who write - Jennette McCurdy, Alan Cumming - don’t have ghosts. Hugh Jackman has a journalism degree. There’s no evidence that he is a writer in terms of him creating his own material. And he seems like an intelligent man, but intelligence has nothing to do with writing ability. But given how secretive he is, his history of childhood trauma and his mother issues, he would do well to hire someone who can shape the story he wants to tell.

by Anonymousreply 106November 8, 2023 4:08 AM

David Owen (R)

17,878 51.16%

Susanna Gibson (D)

16,912 48.40%

by Anonymousreply 107November 8, 2023 7:35 AM

^Sorry, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 108November 8, 2023 7:38 AM

[quote] Jackman posted pics of him trimming his beard down

He most certainly did. And her name is Debora-Lee.

by Anonymousreply 109November 8, 2023 8:15 AM

Jackman = Friend of Bryan. They can both go to hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 8, 2023 8:24 AM

Link...Hugh Jackman praising Bryan Singer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 8, 2023 8:26 AM

Could they possibly have mentioned that he has a $100 million fortune more times in that article?

Which makes me suspect his attorneys are trying to hide a much higher value.

by Anonymousreply 112November 8, 2023 8:32 AM

It makes sense if he does actually want to date men and not have to hide it that he'd come out in a book where he can control the narrative and pepper it in with tales about homophobia and bullying he has faced to gain maximum sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 113November 8, 2023 8:46 AM

The valuation sounds quite small to me, r112.

by Anonymousreply 114November 8, 2023 8:59 AM

Deborah-Lee will be on Australian TV tomorrow night (Thursday) but it's on The Project so it will be light-weight. No revelations. The fawning panelists will will be saying how saddened they are by the breakup and DL will be reassuring them about what a great guy Hugh is.

by Anonymousreply 115November 8, 2023 11:31 AM

She's going to start, "Working on herself".

by Anonymousreply 116November 8, 2023 1:38 PM

Snore…. I’m waiting…

by Anonymousreply 117November 8, 2023 2:05 PM

Where are they divorcing - Australia or US?

I wonder how big of a difference it would make.

by Anonymousreply 118November 8, 2023 2:30 PM

This is a PR stunt by his publisher to generate interest and advance sales of the book. What they deem "big bombshells" will be pretty tame stuff in reality. Nothing salacious.

by Anonymousreply 119November 8, 2023 2:44 PM

[quote]This is a PR stunt by his publisher to generate interest and advance sales of the book. What they deem "big bombshells" will be pretty tame stuff in reality. Nothing salacious.

It'll be stuff like they hadn't had sex in years and, of course, steroid use while working out for Wolverine. But, the steroid use will be pinned on "studio execs" without naming them who demanded he get more ripped.

I don't think the timing is all that big a surprise since their youngest kid is now 18.

by Anonymousreply 120November 8, 2023 2:52 PM

R11 You climb on that dick and ride for all you're worth!

by Anonymousreply 121November 9, 2023 2:19 AM

I keep hearing that he is gay…AND he was fucking Sutton Foster. How polyamorous!

by Anonymousreply 122November 9, 2023 2:27 AM

R122, Aren’t they one and the same?

by Anonymousreply 123November 9, 2023 2:59 AM

Now he can be with Ryan Reynolds

by Anonymousreply 124November 9, 2023 3:01 AM

they divorce in the USA. that's where they have been living.

by Anonymousreply 125November 9, 2023 1:30 PM

he's old now, his dick probably doesn't work anymore

by Anonymousreply 126November 9, 2023 2:15 PM

Was he always this active on social media?

by Anonymousreply 127November 9, 2023 2:44 PM

Agree, R40. He'll go fluid rather than full-homo. Everyone saves face that way.

It'll be interesting what he says about Bryan Singer. I can't imagine anyone being employed on his sets unless they were okay with what - allegedly - was going on.

That said, I like Hugh and his missus. What worked for them shouldn't matter, but I do understand that it still does.

by Anonymousreply 128November 9, 2023 2:45 PM

Didn’t Hugh recently say that Singer wouldn’t get away with his on set shenanigans these days? That’s to say nothing of his off set shenanigans…

by Anonymousreply 129November 9, 2023 2:48 PM

[quote] he's old now, his dick probably doesn't work anymore

The steroids took away his stiff dick, a long time ago.

Shriveled his balls, too.

by Anonymousreply 130November 9, 2023 3:42 PM

For $50 Mill I would absolutely sign an NDA, unless he’s hiding that he’s a child molestor or tortures puppies for fun or something. (Which I doubt.).

by Anonymousreply 131November 9, 2023 3:55 PM

[quote]For $50 Mill I would absolutely sign an NDA, unless he’s hiding that he’s a child molestor or tortures puppies for fun or something. (Which I doubt.).

I've always thought it strange that an NDA could cover criminal acts and that, if you testify in court to a criminal act, you could be found to be in violation of an NDA.

I thought that a contract for a criminal act was not enforceable, so why would what would technically be a conspiracy be valid to include in an NDA.

by Anonymousreply 132November 9, 2023 4:26 PM

They have been married for decades, so Debs is going to get a huge payday anyway.

by Anonymousreply 133November 9, 2023 4:31 PM

I just hope he opens up about that zip-lining incident.

It could be in the chapter, "The Many Stupid Things I've Done in My Life".

by Anonymousreply 134November 9, 2023 4:43 PM

I hope he gets Viola Davis to narrate it.

by Anonymousreply 135November 9, 2023 4:47 PM

I have worked with him. He is one of the nicest people I have encountered in the biz....considerate, down to earth, and generous. No "star" arrogant shit. His wife was always with him and they were great together...behind the scenes. I did a show with him around Pride and he couldn't have been more ally-ish, speaking from the stage (MSG). I never saw any gay stuff happening, but maybe it is really behind a closet door. I disdain closeted stars but if he is one, which I don't know and neither do you, he couldn't be more supportive. Such a positive wonderful man.

by Anonymousreply 136November 9, 2023 4:57 PM

^ interesting to hear! Did he ping the old gaydar?

by Anonymousreply 137November 9, 2023 6:15 PM

He left his wife for Sutton Foster who is leaving her husband.

by Anonymousreply 138November 9, 2023 6:29 PM

Don’t drop bombs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 9, 2023 8:04 PM

I know Sutton Foster is talented, but she must have some real charisma because she seems to charm the people around her

by Anonymousreply 140November 9, 2023 8:51 PM

She must have something, cuz she sure couldn’t sing Marian.

by Anonymousreply 141November 9, 2023 10:49 PM

I’m not seeing anything linking them.

Receipts?

by Anonymousreply 142November 9, 2023 11:55 PM

Big Bombshell ??

Could it be that he's a power bottom?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143November 11, 2023 6:09 AM

No, R143.

The bombshell is that he's actually straight, and had an affair with a woman!

by Anonymousreply 144November 12, 2023 5:15 AM

R144 One need not preclude the other.

by Anonymousreply 145November 12, 2023 6:05 AM

Now he’s rumored to be straight? Are you queens just bored as this point? At this pace, by next week he’ll be trans.

Only on DL.

by Anonymousreply 146November 12, 2023 9:24 AM

Like Travolta, he's obviously bisexual, he's done everything except come out in an AC/DC tee shirt. Narcicissm is a powerful aphrodisiac and of course, with Sutton, anything goes.

by Anonymousreply 147November 12, 2023 9:40 AM

Is Travolta bisexual, though?

Is Hugh?

I almost want to say NO.

Hugh has no biological kids of his own, which on the surface would imply that he might possibly have never had sex with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 148November 12, 2023 1:04 PM

Even Tom Cruise had a biological kid.

Then again, Suri could have been a test tube or turkey baster baby.

by Anonymousreply 149November 12, 2023 1:09 PM

This is a perfect opportunity for Hugh to come out of the closet.

If he doubles down and keeps pretending that he's straight, then it's pretty much a guarantee that he will never come out.

by Anonymousreply 150November 12, 2023 1:30 PM

There's no way he's only worth $100 million--he's gotta be worth at least twice that with all those Wolverine movies. I'm sure he demanded percentages plus huge salaries for the last few.

What actually happened between him and John Palermo? Did they have a bitter, ballistic falling out? Did John ever get married a la Kevin Lanflisi (Aaron Rodgers' bf)? I'm assuming John signed one of those NDAs as well.

If Hugh really is gay (or bi), he must be very, very discreet. Honestly, has no one ever seen a bf or a trick leaving his apartment or hotel room early in the morning and reported it to the tabloids? With phone cameras now, it's so easy to snap a pic and sell it to the tabloids.

If he's truly gay, he must have the willpower of Hercules. Being around all those cute, half-dressed, gay chorus boys backstage and he's never copped a feel or grabbed an ass or a dick or 2 (or 100)? Even if they've all signed NDA's, one of them could "leak"(pun intended) the dirt to the media anynonomously. Would they refuse to report it based on anynonomous sources?

by Anonymousreply 151November 12, 2023 1:38 PM

[quote] If Hugh really is gay (or bi), he must be very, very discreet. Honestly, has no one ever seen a bf or a trick leaving his apartment or hotel room early in the morning and reported it to the tabloids? With phone cameras now, it's so easy to snap a pic and sell it to the tabloids.

He wasn't THAT discreet, if there are photos like this on the internet.

Although Hugh would never drop a bombshell like this in his memoir, trust and believe that there probably are some REAL bombshells in his sex life, that could be exposed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152November 12, 2023 1:55 PM

[quote] Honestly, has no one ever seen a bf or a trick leaving his apartment or hotel room early in the morning and reported it to the tabloids?

I remember when John Palermo was Hugh's "assistant," he actually lived with Hugh and Deborah in the same house.

Which obviously made it much easier for them to be intimate with each other, and not be visible to prying eyes.

(PS, I find it hilarious that Hugh and John named their joint company "SEED PRODUCTIONS")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153November 12, 2023 3:02 PM

R152 There’s nothing salacious in that picture. Along with HG, there’s noted heterosexualist and Jennifer Lawrence-ex, Nicholas Hoult. The rest are young but clearly adults. Try something else.

by Anonymousreply 154November 12, 2023 4:09 PM

R154, Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 155November 12, 2023 4:31 PM

R153 juicy! The look of awkwardness in the pics of this little ménage a trois.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 12, 2023 4:36 PM

R149. If memory serves, they used a surrogate. The excuse they used was Tom’s swimmers don’t swim.

He’s a fag.

by Anonymousreply 157November 12, 2023 4:37 PM

R154 hey Bryan, how’s it going? Made any good films lately?

by Anonymousreply 158November 12, 2023 4:37 PM

R152 you can just tell they’ve all seen each other naked. Except maybe Nicholas Holt who looks like he’s thinking “I reeeally shouldn’t be here.”

by Anonymousreply 159November 12, 2023 4:39 PM

Sutton Foster has left Ted Griffin. Hugh and Sutton are an item.

by Anonymousreply 160November 12, 2023 6:36 PM

R160, Do you blame her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 12, 2023 6:45 PM

Apparently, she’s just the dame… Etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 162November 12, 2023 6:52 PM

He’s so gay the only way he can leave the house cis with a 9” but plug up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 163November 12, 2023 6:57 PM

r161 I know a lot of her admirers are gay men (Groff), maybe it's slim pickings when it comes to hetero men? Yikes

by Anonymousreply 164November 12, 2023 6:58 PM

Who in the hell is Sutton Foster?

I've never heard of her before.

by Anonymousreply 165November 12, 2023 10:42 PM

Does Sutton own a franchise of Mrs Field’s Cookies?

by Anonymousreply 166November 12, 2023 10:53 PM

R165, are you gay?

Sutton Foster is a Tony Award-winning actress on the American stage!

Tsk! Tsk! Your gay card should be revoked!

Just kidding, darling! Roll with the punches!

by Anonymousreply 167November 12, 2023 10:57 PM

Yes r166 and that is why the men she is usually with look like they are smelling cookies

by Anonymousreply 168November 12, 2023 10:58 PM

Why did Hugh have to marry his mother in the first place?

I think that was the first red flag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 13, 2023 2:18 AM

Hugh should bring up in divorce court how he had to divorce her because her tits were practically dragging on the ground!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 13, 2023 2:19 AM

R149 Cruise needed a cock up his ass to "finish up".

by Anonymousreply 171November 15, 2023 9:15 AM

Looks like that fag is gonna get a cock up his ass soon.

by Anonymousreply 172November 16, 2023 2:00 AM

I mean, we've all heard so much about Jackman. It would be nice if he just came out as whatever he is. Might be time? I wonder what John Palermo is up to these days. Back in the day he was so friggen hot.

by Anonymousreply 173November 23, 2023 12:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 4, 2023 4:36 PM

[quote] There's no way he's only worth $100 million--he's gotta be worth at least twice that with all those Wolverine movies. I'm sure he demanded percentages plus huge salaries for the last few.

$100 million sounds about right and pretty good to me. He's never been in blockbusters. The X-Men franchise films were profitable but not blockbusters. He probably made more money in "The Music Man" on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 175December 4, 2023 4:58 PM

Are they still screwing around with this tired old rumor? IMO no bombshells will leak out if it is an "amicable" divorce. I would think they will sit down with a arbitration team, and negotiate a settlement agreement mutually agreed upon, and it won't even need a court. When my sister got her divorce she and her ex hashed out the agreement it was filed with the court, and boom. All done. It took less than 60 days.

by Anonymousreply 176December 4, 2023 5:29 PM

R175, what do you mean the X-men films weren’t ’blockbusters”?

by Anonymousreply 177December 5, 2023 4:17 AM

WE ARE WAITING!

by Anonymousreply 178December 5, 2023 4:21 AM

R176, was this divorce of your sis in NY? that was very fast

by Anonymousreply 179December 5, 2023 1:01 PM

R175, Are you the writer of this article who thinks a billion dollars should be the standard "blockbuster" Box Office, and that a dollar less doesn't cut it?

If one reads past that first ridiculous fan-boy article, the second points out that the "X-Men" franchise has been enormously successful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 5, 2023 1:12 PM

Logan was the third highest grossing R rated film at the time of its release.

by Anonymousreply 181December 5, 2023 1:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!