Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

German Week at Aldi

A new Aldi recently opened near me. German Week starts on Sept 20. I heard the frozen strudels and other German desserts are very good. Any recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2023 5:25 PM

I don’t have an Aldi near me, but I wish I did. The store is unique, inexpensive, and features quality items.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2023 4:15 PM

Pull up your strumpfs and tighten your bustenhalter on your way to the ausfart!

Are they offering samples of the Rhine wine and doing a little German dance?

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2023 4:19 PM

Eat the scrumptious potatos with cabbage in a thick brown sauce

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2023 4:22 PM

Leather and whips on sale and France is half off. Hitler halloween gear has never been cheaper!!

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2023 4:24 PM

For the German products I can confirm the strudels and the spaetzle are both really great. I've shopped at Aldi for years and have rarely found a clunker with any of their products--most everything has been at the very least decent and some items are real standouts, not even taking the low pricing into consideration.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2023 4:25 PM

I'm so jealous. Can't believe I live in hour north of San Francisco and as far as I can see there are NO Aldi's in Northern California at all. When I visit relatives in Upstate NY we always go to Aldi's at least once.

So unfair.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2023 4:31 PM

r5 Thanks for the recommendations. I will get the spaetzle and strudel... if they aren't sold out!

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2023 4:37 PM

Will there be easy bake ovens?

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2023 4:57 PM

r6 Fancy a trip to Fresno? That's as far north as they've gone in CA so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2023 5:13 PM

LOL R9 - I've been known to take longish drives for almost silly reasons, but 200some-odd files/3+ hours is a bit much, even for me.

But noted; if I end up down in that area, I'll definitely stop. The only reason I'd be in that area though is if I'm driving down to SoCal or buying a car. Neither of which is happening any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2023 5:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!