Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus come in this beautiful pink color!

But the Pro and Pro Max don’t. I always only get the Pro models but for once a considering the base model. I have the 12 Pro Max and said I wouldn’t upgrade anytime soon after paying off my phone last year but this beautiful pink has me reconsidering

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 5, 2023 1:52 AM

Does anyone even notice the difference between the regular model and the pro model? People speak like it’s such a big difference but I don’t think it is.

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2023 1:16 PM

I’m so jelly

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2023 1:20 PM

Here's my question: How is this one any different than the iPhone 14 Pro or ProMax, other than Apple's bullshit about it having a new charging port and, of course their annual, "But this one's camera and batteries are SOOOOO Much Better!!!" - We all know that's bullshit now and that the average person isn't able to corroborate the improvements of the camera and batteries.

So, what's actually new and better?

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2023 1:24 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2023 1:26 PM

r3 the Pro and Pro Max will get a new chip that supports USB C at 40 GB transfer rates. The non pros get USB C but they will still transfer at lighting speed. While not THAT big of a deal they are finally joining the USB C generation. The frame on the pros will be Titianium and aluminum on the non pros. As you said new cameras on the pros. The chip is the fastest chip in an Iphone in the pros, the first 3nm chip in an iphone. Basically what apple does is upgrade the pro models and move the old pros to the non pros. Just like the apple watch ultra 2 is not much better than the ultra today. I am actually pretty interested in the Samsung Z Flip 5 - cool design and foldable but I am deep in apple ecosystem.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2023 1:32 PM

The 15 is boring

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2023 1:33 PM

R3 that’s why I don’t get the new iPhone every year. I don’t understand those people because you can’t tell the difference on a year to year scale but you can usually see the difference when you wait a few years in between phones.

A lot of apple obsessed fans are saying if you have the 13 pro or 14 pro it doesn’t make sense to get the 15 pro. They’re essentially the same phone. The 15 pro only has little tweaks but overall it’s the same outside of now being made with titanium instead of steel. The phones are stronger and lighter. This is the lightest iPhone in years. The base models are made of old school aluminum, not even steel.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2023 1:34 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2023 1:35 PM

R5 that’s my issue. I actually love the new Motorola Razr and I’m a fan of Samsungs high end models but I’m so deep in the apple ecosystem that I can’t get myself to leave iPhone. I’ve had iPhone since 2010, as well as MacBooks, Apple TV, an iPad etc. all my stuff syncs with each other and has my passwords etc.

Having to go Android is having to start from scratch and I don’t know if I can do that.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2023 1:37 PM

I got a 14 pro max on a deal at Costco. Unlocked 256gb. I can sell it for about 950 on Swappa right now which means i would be paying 200 more for an upgrade to the 15 pro max. Luckily my work covers my cellphone expenses. The only reason I am considering it is the usb C. I have forgotten that damn lighting cable so many times when everything else uses usb c

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2023 1:38 PM

The new white titanium pro max looks beautiful though.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2023 2:03 PM

I get Pros because they usually have the biggest screens. I really don't care about the cameras although they are great. I tried upgrading to the 14 and immediately sent it back and stayed with my 12 because of that obnoxious Dynamic Island in the middle of the screen you can't hide. The notch just blends in with the screen but that Island pill shape just sits there and drove me crazy. If they keep doing that on all new phones I'm switching to a different brand.

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2023 3:32 PM

R12 the 15 Pro Max and the 15 Plus are the same size now. On all previous models the Pro Max was the biggest screen but now they made both the Pro Max and the Plus (base model) 6.7 inches.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2023 3:39 PM

I got a new 12 in january of 2020, should I get a new phone?

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2023 3:48 PM

I'm more irritated by the fact that it's USB-C connection now, so NONE of my stuff would work without an adapter or require me to carry around a bunch of extra stuff for my iPad and phone.

That's enough to stop me from buying.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2023 4:02 PM

Apple really fucked up not changing to USB-C a decade ago for their phones. I’m happy to see both ends will be the same now. Having one side different to the other is a pain especially when traveling.

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2023 4:06 PM

r15 I went with the ipad Pro so it is a usb c connector mac books all are TB/USB C and the new iPods are usb c. The only holdback has been the iPhone with lightning. It will be so much nicer if I forget a charger to be able to use anyone's usb c connection.

r14 that depends on how you use your phone. If you just use it for email, Instagram, and occasional texts and emails keep it. If you need the latest tech and newest features get a new one. The biggest improvement for me is the pro max with the upgraded USB-C with 40 GB transfer rates. I use my iPhone for work shooting a lot of video content and behind-the-scenes stuff that is a nightmare to transfer to the Macbook to edit. This will cut that down by 50%.

by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2023 4:08 PM

Buy APPLE products - I have stock in the company.

by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2023 6:14 PM

who cares about the stock colors, do you really not use a case?

by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2023 6:17 PM

If you are an average user, and can afford it, upgrade your iPhone every 4 years to the newest / fastest model - you can go 5 or even 6 before you really feel the performance and compatible software / feature hits.

by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2023 6:26 PM

[quote]If you are an average user, and can afford it, upgrade your iPhone every 4 years to the newest / fastest model - you can go 5 or even 6 before you really feel the performance and compatible software / feature hits.

There have only been incremental improvements for the past 3-4 years. Unless you're some sort of power user who has very specific needs, surfing the web, watching youtube, twitter/tiktok/snapchat, and most banking functions continue to work perfectly fine and will likely do so for a few more years.

There is absolutely no need to upgrade every four years unless a major improvement, like 5G, occurs which requires new hardware to access it.

by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2023 6:38 PM

It’s also just about phone performance. Your phones battery begins to die faster and faster with time. I’ve had mine for less than 3 years and it’s already down to 78% maximum out of 100 (when you first get it). A 22% drop in 28 months isn’t as bad as some have it but still, you notice it when your phone starts to drop battery life even when you’re hardly using it.

by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2023 6:48 PM

The white titanium is beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2023 11:01 PM

Preorder launched today. I can’t decide if I want to get it.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2023 1:44 AM

I have a 12 Pro Max and I am strongly considering “upgrading” to a 15 Pro (no Max).

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2023 1:54 AM

R25, I have a 12 Pro Max and I'm upgrading to a 15 Pro (but Max.) I skipped the 13 and 14.

I want the USB-C so I never have to carry a lightning cable again. I already have a ton of those and you can get them anywhere.

What really spurred me is hearing the "trade-in" offers only accept an iPhone 11 or better which means the 12 is getting closer to not being eligible if I did ever want to do one of those with my phone company. That was an indicator to me that I should move on.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2023 2:00 AM

Carriers are offering pretty good trade in deals right now. And yes, the 12 series is becoming obsolete.

I’ve only ever had the S models (remember back in the day when they would release the base model one year and then the S model the following year) and the Pro models ever since they’ve been introduced. 12 Pro Max was my last phone and I fully paid it off at the beginning of the year and said I wouldn’t upgrade for a few years but my battery has gotten so bad and I don’t want to miss out on trading it in while it still has value.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2023 2:04 AM

I’ve decided to upgrade to the 15 Pro Max. I haven’t upgraded in a few years — I have a Xs Max and it still works but think perhaps it’s time for something new. Also, I checked and it appears my Xs Max may still have a little trade-in value left on it (up to $170 if it’s not damaged and mine isn’t), so maybe I’ll take advantage while I still can.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2023 2:59 AM

I’ll get one in every color! I like to match my purse and shoes too.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2023 2:29 PM

r29 just get different color cases.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2023 1:36 PM

R30 only poor people need covers.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2023 5:24 PM

r31 not if you buy them from apple.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2023 1:22 AM

They already beat up 🤕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 21, 2023 5:38 PM

Titanium is stronger for drops etc. but easy to smudge and scratch.

by Anonymousreply 34September 21, 2023 5:41 PM

Either way the phone is going to be a bitch. 5G is too easily disrupted a signal, the problem is more of an infrastructure issue at this point. I seriously miss the device I traded in, but too lazy to activate the phone before it.

by Anonymousreply 35September 21, 2023 5:57 PM

R35 what phone did you have before that didn’t have 5G?

I have the 12ProMax and it’s a 5G phone.

by Anonymousreply 36September 21, 2023 6:00 PM

Does anyone know if any of the 15 models are compatible with the Apple Pencil?

It seems like OP may wish to dial with it.

by Anonymousreply 37September 21, 2023 6:02 PM

I have a Lavender 12, and I am reluctant to give that up. I like the pastels in the 15, but not sure I want to shell out for it. I work from home, and really only use the phone as a phone. I sometimes use it as a hot spot when Comcast goes down, and it acts as a conduit so that texts from non-iPhon bute users show up in messages on my Mac. I would like the always on screen for standby mode, but that requires a pro, so I am considering upgrading to a 14 pro, still probably not something I need to do just to have the screen remain on in standby mode overnight.

by Anonymousreply 38September 21, 2023 6:08 PM

I have a 13 pro and I’m not upgrading to the 15. What extra will it do for me? Nothing! My camera is decent enough and takes good pictures. Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs.

by Anonymousreply 39September 23, 2023 12:49 PM

I think Tim Cook is hot but then I like older men.

by Anonymousreply 40September 23, 2023 1:43 PM

[quote]I think Tim Cook is hot but then I like older men.

It's amazing that Cook has been able to keep all signs of a partner hidden.

As far as I know, he's never been spotted or photographed with any guys, even before he was made Apple CEO.

by Anonymousreply 41September 24, 2023 12:28 AM

My seafoam green iPhone 11 still works fine. It was a big leap from the iPhone X and well worth the investment. And it's a great retro color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 24, 2023 2:49 AM

I have the iPhone 13. It's been a lovely phone, well made and in general a beautiful design. I definitely hope to upgrade in a couple of years, but for now, I'm just fine with it. Though, my battery health is down to 90% which really sucks. Not enough new features or things that really entice me to upgrade. Except for a 120hz display, which is something I am slowly switching to on all my devices in coming years. The smoothness is just incredible.

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2023 7:29 AM

Meh I am giving up on Apple. Trading in my Iphone 14 pro max for a Pixel 8 Pro with a free Pixel 2 watch from Best buy. 1100 for the combo - 950 for my trade in. so 150 bucks for the Google combo. Back to Android!

by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2023 10:47 PM

It's got Titanium! That's the only thing they are pushing. Who gives a fuck about Titanium?

by Anonymousreply 45November 4, 2023 11:33 PM

Paying a thousand plus for a phone is insane.

Western Electric wishes it had thought of this racket instead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 5, 2023 12:33 AM

R1, it’s not about looks. It’s about features. And yes, you notice.

by Anonymousreply 47November 5, 2023 1:03 AM

R1 wants to be able to show off that he has the more expensive. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 48November 5, 2023 1:03 AM

R1 wants to be able to show off that he has the more expensive phone. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 49November 5, 2023 1:04 AM

I have the pink one.

by Anonymousreply 50November 5, 2023 1:49 AM

I just checked and I have an XS Max with 256 gigs storage. The battery lasts about 3 days now. I used to upgrade them every 2 years and then got bored of that. It felt like being on a consumer treadmill. I also have a Apple watch 8 and an iPad pro 12". Feel like I'm locked into Apple after being forced to use it because I work in corporate. I love my iPad though and it is the most used item in my life.

Anyway the XS Max phone works perfectly and I don't want to give any more money to Apple quite frankly. I'll wait until I am forced to upgrade. I'd rather get a new iPad but the current one is still perfect except the battery only lasts a day now.

by Anonymousreply 51November 5, 2023 1:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!