Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Pikeman Mystery Continues

What's up with Pikeman?

What does this company do? Arms shipments? International policing? Security? Domestic terrorism? Coffee importer?

And who's in charge? Is Cyrus running the show from behind bars? How are Mason and Austin involved?

Why do they want Anna dead? What do they have on Valentin?

So many questions still to be answered.

by Anonymousreply 600November 6, 2023 8:45 PM

Link to the previous GH thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 8, 2023 5:53 PM

I'm having a hard time picturing Josh Swickard playing Peter August.

Wes put such an evil spin on Peter, I just can't see a good guy like Josh playing him.

by Anonymousreply 2September 8, 2023 6:12 PM

Thanks for the new thread, OP!

by Anonymousreply 3September 8, 2023 7:42 PM

So after Frank told Josh he wasn't going to be Peter August did he say "But I have excellent news for you! Your new character will be singing and dancing at the Nurses' Ball! You can sing and dance, right?" LOL.

by Anonymousreply 4September 8, 2023 7:44 PM

What happened to Anna between the boat blowing up in 1992 and showing up in Pine Valley in 2001 has never been adequately explained.

Lots of room for her to have had babies, doubled crossed Pikeman, been a double agent for the WSB, start up many liaisons, etc.

by Anonymousreply 5September 8, 2023 8:46 PM

Maybe she’s Dex’s mom!

by Anonymousreply 6September 8, 2023 8:48 PM

Just watched yesterday’s. Why have they turned Portia into Black Carly, except somehow cuntier?

All the silent vamping underneath Eddie Maine’s song was hilarious. This show needs writers back.

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2023 4:50 PM

R2 Chase plotting revenge on Michael and Willow, for sneaking around behind his back, wasn't a good enough glimpse into his dark side for you was it lol

Were you impressed with Wes' portrayal?

by Anonymousreply 8September 10, 2023 1:08 AM

R4 😆 Josh was the frontrunner out of seven other guys until Frank added Wes into the mix. Frank had a tough time picking between Josh and Wes; Josh said they specifically created Chase for him only after Ryan Paevey left, because they were short a cop. However, Frank would've found a way to bring Josh in regardless in some capacity, had Ryan stayed imo because Josh stayed on Frank's mind for months.

by Anonymousreply 9September 10, 2023 1:12 AM

R5 Exactly. That's the timeline they were going to explore; CVE had a whole storyline planned out where Anna was experiencing memory loss while having a son with Faison that she couldn't remember. They were going to explore that before Frank brought in Wes to audition and ultimately hired him, instructing CVE to change Peter's birth year to the 70's and pre-Robert/Robin.

by Anonymousreply 10September 10, 2023 1:20 AM

r10 So, they could still revisit that plotline filling in the gaps for those 9 missing years of Anna's life.

by Anonymousreply 11September 10, 2023 1:40 AM

R11 I was actually agreeing with your point, not arguing against it.

by Anonymousreply 12September 10, 2023 4:26 AM

I loathe MO but even I have to admit he was handsome once. MO JR looks like a gnome. What the hell is this nepotism?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2023 5:19 AM

Is MOs mother still alive? Just curious what unqualified family member he is getting a job next...

by Anonymousreply 14September 10, 2023 5:36 AM

The nepotism on this show is out of control.

by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2023 2:24 PM

Ego Maniac Mo said his son is the "next James Dean"!

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2023 2:43 PM

I think GH is in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2023 2:57 PM

R13 Yep Mo was very attractive in his younger days, even up until about 2014/2015 era imo when he grew his beard out during that Sonny prison stint. Joshua looks like a combination of both his parents, however not in a good way lol I used to be friends with a Brazilian guy who looks almost exactly like Mo's son, like they could be brothers. Only difference is he's taller than Josh.

R14 Yep his mother is still alive. They could've cast as her as that person who's heading Pikeman 😆 before their identity was changed from female to male under scab writing

by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2023 1:04 PM

Nancy Lee is embroiled in somewhat of a controversy, once again; she urged the public to not condemn Ashton and Mila for writing letters in defense of Danny, for they were just looking out for a friend who did bad things. Some speculated that she was only doing that in an effort to defend herself for possibly writing letters on Haley's behalf, which come to find out she did- Maurice wrote a letter to the judge for Haley as well.

Nancy has been described as being "mentally unstable" according to some rumors, beyond her usual far left rhetoric; rumors are that her "mental illness" is a reason why Alexis has been diminished onscreen to mainly a supporting character. She has also been accused of being cold to both Holiday Mia Kriegel and Brooke Anne Smith, since she wasn't happy with neither one as Molly. She has been somewhat warm to Kate Mansi, even the she's closer to Lexi. Maurice isn't as bothered by her as he used to be (during the Guza era) although he still couldn't help himself from laughing with Ingo during a live stream they did together a few years ago, where Ingo lamented to him about having to work with her.

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2023 1:19 PM

Nancy Lee also recently spoke out against Scientology in defense of Leah Remini, fueling speculation that she isn't exactly on good terms with Michelle Stafford anymore.

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2023 1:22 PM

R17 What makes you think that lol because of the Disney/Charter & Spectrum conflict?

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2023 1:26 PM

NLG’s post about the Masterson support letters didn’t seem unreasonable to me. She’s outspoken but in no way does she seem mentally unstable. And she’s on the show once or twice a week, even if she isn’t driving her own story as much.

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2023 3:49 PM

R22 I'm not saying it's true that she's mentally unstable, I'm saying there are rumors about her being seen as mentally unstable at work, which supposedly played into her reduced screentime. Nancy has always been outspoken, far left leaning, and has called out coworkers, especially male coworkers, for the longest. Even her speaking up on Scientology isn't out of character for her. I think the unstable rumors started more when John Callahan passed away, and Nancy made a comment about having dirt on him for at least 20 years, in regards to female coworkers he was allegedly inappropriate with, which many deemed was in poor taste, along with some of her Twitter/X feuds. So people are looking at her as someone who's creating problems, along with he unwavering support for Haley, who many see as biased.

by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2023 4:48 PM

Spectrum and Disney have ended their feud.

ABC is back on Spectrum cable lineup right now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2023 5:39 PM

Wonder how the week that ABC was off Spectrum systems affected ratings?

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2023 7:12 PM

I thought cutie pie Jake was meeting his secret skater boyfriend at Kelly’s but he’s just another hetero.

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2023 9:00 PM

Maxie was a fucking mess today. Look at this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2023 12:39 AM

Jake (HW) must be taking acting lessons because he used to flame in every scene. Why the show didn't go gay with Jake is perplexing. But GH is so boring not even that storyline would help ratings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2023 12:42 AM

Ozempic must not play well with all the other meds KStorms is on. That's only reason I can think of she hasn't jumped on that band wagon.

Emme Rylan keeps issuing statements saying she is available to play Lulu again anytime. It's going to be awkward when they recast and don't even call her...

by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2023 1:16 AM

I don't think LuLu will ever be back. Same with Lucky. Sadly this is the General Mobster show and it isn't going to change.

by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2023 3:00 AM

R28 If any of Liz's children were closest to be gay, remember when Aiden was suspected of being gay? They were actually heading in that direction, giving hints about him being somewhat different when Charlotte was bullying him, along with his affinity for cooking. Liz and Franco even suspected it, going as far as talking to Lucas and Brad about him. Once again, there was network interference, so that storyline was dropped, however they can always pick it up again, although they'll probably have issues from the network again. Same with Jake, they can plan a coming out story for him, although if the network intervenes, then there's no point in telling it. Supposedly Jake is rumored to be for Charlotte and Georgie, although Georgie comes off younger than Jake/Chatlotte imo

by Anonymousreply 31September 12, 2023 10:59 AM

R29 Yeah rumors are Frank wants Lulu back eventually, just not as Emme Rylan, since he's the one who got rid of her in the first place. Most likely he'll go the Kristina route, bringing in a known actress from another soap; even though that's what he did with Emme, he no longer wanted her as Lulu. It'll be interesting if he tries to get Marci Miller as Lulu lol then have her in scenes with Kate Mansi. If she's unfamiliar to anyone here, she was on DAYS too; she replaced Kate as Abigail (after Kate quit), then Kate replaced her (after Marci quit), then she replaced Kate again (after Kate quit again).

by Anonymousreply 32September 12, 2023 11:08 AM

R31, yesterday’s ep featured Jake on a date with Charlotte, which is odd since they’ve been raised as first cousins.

by Anonymousreply 33September 12, 2023 11:09 AM

What's Kim Matula (ex-Hope, B&B) up to these days? She might make a spunky Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 34September 12, 2023 11:15 AM

R33

I don’t see the problem

by Anonymousreply 35September 12, 2023 11:32 AM

I really don’t need to see Lulu revived. The show has too many 30something sob sisters with no personality.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2023 12:23 PM

Violet is such a nosy piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 37September 13, 2023 12:45 AM

And she needs to stop with that baby talk.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2023 11:09 AM

well fuck,, I may start watching again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 14, 2023 2:51 PM

Not a big surprise but I’m glad it’s confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 40September 14, 2023 3:28 PM

Spencer was manic and desperate today. In contrast, Dex was cool and masculine.

by Anonymousreply 41September 14, 2023 9:58 PM

OG Victor Cassadine Thaao Penghlis as an imposter on 1971 To Tell The Truth. He was good looking back then, creepy looking now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 14, 2023 10:23 PM

R40 Right, this has been in the works for months. Ted King is still scheduled to return too, although it's understandable that if it isn't officially confirmed, its pretty hard to believe

by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2023 1:34 AM

Disney is currently in early talks to sell ABC to Nexstar Media Group. Wherever ABC lands, one major benefit is that GH will most likely have a greenlight towards more dark storylines Disney deemed unsuitable and not exactly family friendly.

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2023 1:44 AM

Just in case anyone here hasn't heard yet, John J. York has cancer, so Mac is exiting.

by Anonymousreply 45September 15, 2023 1:45 AM

JJY has several blood disorders? Geez.

by Anonymousreply 46September 15, 2023 1:48 AM

From his years as werewolf…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2023 2:12 AM

R46 Correct it's more complicated than just cancer; didn't delve into it at R45 however it's two different disorders. He has a cancerous condition "Myelodysplastic Syndrome" which are " a group of cancers in which immature blood cells in the bone marrow do not mature or become healthy blood cells" along with a precancerous condition "Smoldering Myeloma" which alters certain proteins in blood and/or increases plasma cells in bone marrow" but it does not cause symptoms of disease. For many months now, he's had three bone marrow biopsies, many chemo treatments and is close to getting a blood stem cell transplant. He expects to be out for about three-four months.

by Anonymousreply 48September 15, 2023 2:22 AM

Supposedly today wraps up AH's latest stint as Nik.

by Anonymousreply 49September 15, 2023 2:19 PM

That’s frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 50September 15, 2023 3:08 PM

Will we get a new Nikolas for long term? Frustrating we have Willow, Sasha, Cody, Finn, Drew, Austin…yet no Nik, Lucky, or Lulu?!!

by Anonymousreply 51September 15, 2023 3:25 PM

R51 Eventually there will be a new permanent Nikolas, Lulu and even Spencer, since rumors are NAC still plans to leave next year. Frank for some reason never keeps a temp in a permanent role; Nikolas would have to be another newcomer or recast with an actor from another soap before AH

by Anonymousreply 52September 15, 2023 4:26 PM

Bobbie's passing along with SEC whistleblower are both planned for Carly, they're just on hold for now

by Anonymousreply 53September 15, 2023 4:41 PM

Colin egglesfield or Jason Shane Scott both seem like good Nik’s!

by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2023 4:50 PM

Rena gave an interview with Showbiz Cheat Sheet in December of last year; she stated that Ned and Lois were in love, not Rena and Wally. Rumors are Lois and Lorenzo might reunite (even though Lesli's Lois was the one who Lorenzo dated) while there's Lois and Finn/Lois and Austin as other rumored interests for her love. She's wanted to come back for awhile, everyone's just always on Frank's timetable, unless it's network mandated.

by Anonymousreply 55September 15, 2023 4:58 PM

GH slipped in the ratings, as some here predicted, the week of the blackout during the Disney/cable dispute; GH lost 77,000 viewers that week.

Week of September 4th-8th 2023 1. Y&R (3,077,000) (up 102,000 from previous week; down 165,000 from this time last year)

2. B&B (2,601,000) (up 2000 from previous week; down 134,000 from this time last year)

3. GH (1,861,000) (down 77,000 from previous week; down 189,000 from this time last year)

by Anonymousreply 56September 15, 2023 5:08 PM

Is Rena just doing a short arc or is she on contract?

I wonder if Lois will return with a boyfriend or husband in tow thus eliminating any need for intimate scenes between Eddie and Lois and making it more comfortable for Rena and Wally.

by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2023 5:11 PM

R57 Since this has been in the works for awhile, it's supposed to be for a long arc, even if she's not on contract. Arriving with a new guy is a possibility or linking her with someone already on canvas besides Ned seems more than likely, since they're cordial, just not that cordial lol especially once Ned gets his memory back, he'll most likely reunite with Olivia

by Anonymousreply 58September 15, 2023 5:54 PM

WGA and AMPTP are scheduled to have another meeting next week

by Anonymousreply 59September 15, 2023 5:54 PM

Why Blair Kramer for the Deceptor story?

Cady McClain would have made more sense and caused more of buzz reuniting Dixie and Tad. Cady unavailable or did FV low ball her?

by Anonymousreply 60September 15, 2023 6:21 PM

R60 Cady's available; Frank just wanted a reason to bring Blair back because he had already planned on having her reunite with Todd, so they had to figure out another way to pencil her in. A lot of people were expecting Cady to be one of the ex wives, which could be another reason why Frank didn't do it, since he tried to surprise the audience.

Then there's the thing with Jackson being on, yet instead of Tad there's Martin and instead of Ryan there's Drew (which is Frank's fault, since ABC has had the rights to the ABC soap characters back in Fall 2016) so Cady as anyone other than Dixie might not be what he's willing to do. Since Michael played two characters on AMC, they could easily say Martin is really Tad's double, Ted Orsini, while recasting Drew, again, in favor of Ryan coming back.

by Anonymousreply 61September 15, 2023 8:31 PM

John Lindstrom was emotional in his twitter plea for fans to sign up to see if they are a donor match or just make a donation for John York.

by Anonymousreply 62September 15, 2023 8:44 PM

Rebecca Buddig may be Hayden in Port Charles, but she's Greenlee in Pine Valley.

Cameron may be Drew in Port Charles, but he's Ryan in Pine Valley.

Michael Knight may be Laura's brother Martin Gray in Port Charles, but he's Tad Martin in Pine Valley.

Meanwhile Finola Hughes is Anna and Alex in both Pine Valley and Port Charles and Walt Wiley is Jackson Montgomery in both Pine Valley and Port Charles.

But then there's Ted King who is Lorenzo Alcazar in Port Charles but Tomas Delgado in Llanview.

by Anonymousreply 63September 15, 2023 8:47 PM

R63 😆 😆 all true, although with the exception of Hayden/Greenlee, Tad and Ryan could've came back (then after Hayden was out of town for awhile, Greenlee could have too) except Frank's going to do what he wants to do.

by Anonymousreply 64September 15, 2023 9:02 PM

R60 Forgot one of the main reasons why Frank has Blair paired with Martin, along with Carly and Drew; do you remember ABC's What If? Frank produced those so he's reliving some of his fantasy couples, Carly/Ryan and Blair/Tad in a way he sees fit, even though those go back all the way to 2010

by Anonymousreply 65September 15, 2023 9:07 PM

I'm guessing Kristen Alderson and Robin Strasser aren't happy right now. Kristen because FV won't give her a second chance and Robin because FV won't even give her a first chance in PC.

by Anonymousreply 66September 15, 2023 9:15 PM

Maurice Benard is Sonny in Port Charles but Nico Kelly in Pine Valley.

Jane Elliot is Tracey in Port Charles but Cynthia Preston in Pine Valley.

Robin Christopher is Skye Chandler Quatermaine in Llanview, Pine Valley and Port Charles.

Linda Dano is Gretel Rae Cummings in Llanview, Pine Valley and Port Charles.

Kassie De Paiva is Blair Cramer in Llanview and Port Charles

Roger Howarth is Todd in Llanview, but Todd, Franco and Austin in Port Charles.

Michael Easton is John McBain in Llanview but Caleb Morley, Stephen Clay, John McBain, Silas Clay and Hamilton Finn in Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 67September 15, 2023 9:17 PM

r67 And I thought I was crazy because I was Heather in Port Charles and Janet in Pine Valley, not to mention Gina in Santa Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 68September 15, 2023 10:28 PM

Not funny in the slightest. : |

by Anonymousreply 69September 15, 2023 10:30 PM

I can’t believe Spencer and Trina still haven’t fucked. These soaps are so puritanical.

by Anonymousreply 70September 15, 2023 10:30 PM

R63 R67 You have a glaring omission on your lists, did you possibly leave her out on purpose?

Kelly Monaco as Olivia "Livvie" Locke/Tess Locke in Port Charles and also Samantha "Sam" McCall/Alicia Montenegro in Port Charles

by Anonymousreply 71September 15, 2023 11:49 PM

R66 I'm guessing your guesses are correct 😁

by Anonymousreply 72September 15, 2023 11:51 PM

R70 Supposedly Frank is more in favor of Joss/Dex than Spencer/Trina, so he's the one who's keeping them apart. Spencer/Trina have a bigger fan base; rumors are Frank wants the same love for Joss/Dex

by Anonymousreply 73September 15, 2023 11:54 PM

[quote]You have a glaring omission on your lists, did you possibly leave her out on purpose? Kelly Monaco as Olivia "Livvie" Locke/Tess Locke in Port Charles and also Samantha "Sam" McCall/Alicia Montenegro in Port Charles

No, it wasn't on purpose. I try to block that person and those characters out of my mind whenever possible. And I was quite successful in blocking her out when making that list.

Lets face it, she's a forgettable person and plays very forgettable characters.

by Anonymousreply 74September 16, 2023 12:04 AM

Spencer and Trina have no chemistry. Their fans are deluded. Trina actress should save and invest her money wisely, I don't see a big career for her post GH meritless accolades. NAC may be another Justin Hartley who went on to bit parts and short arcs on primetime shows after he left soaps and didn't hit it big until he was in his late 30s/early 40s with This is Us. He even had to return to soaps at one point, Y&R, to keep afloat right before This is Us.

Can't stand Snarly Jr. so she and Mo's onscreen/offscreen lapdog are FF for me.

Charlotte and Jake are a cute idea in theory but no chemistry or witty banter or intrigue so I think it will fizzle. Both good kid actors though. Charlotte should have found a bad boy boyfriend at school to give Valentin cause for worry and her half-brother Rocco cause to interfere.

by Anonymousreply 75September 16, 2023 12:21 AM

Put Jake with T.J. after Molly dies in a tragic explosion.

by Anonymousreply 76September 16, 2023 12:24 AM

I like the die in an explosion idea. I do suspect TJ is going to end up drowning his sorrows at The Savoy after the surrogate miscarries and end up fathering a child the natural way with Neeka or someone else. Hopefully that will prompt Mollie to leave town and not be heard from again until Frank learns how to properly recast twentysomethings.

by Anonymousreply 77September 16, 2023 12:31 AM

R77, he totally has to father a child with Kristina, making Molly’s head explode.

by Anonymousreply 78September 16, 2023 12:33 AM

I wanna see Molly lean into her Ric Lansing side. Causing some real drama in PC.

by Anonymousreply 79September 16, 2023 3:52 PM

Billy Miller dead at 43.

by Anonymousreply 80September 17, 2023 1:41 PM

that makes me sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2023 1:49 PM

Really sad...guy had alot of talent and potential. Rumors it was suicide too. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 82September 17, 2023 3:09 PM

We've had at least two months of shows written by scab writers. Maybe longer.

And at this point, the November sweeps will be penned by the scabs as well.

Overall, I've been happy with what they've put on air. It's kept me involved. And its not just treading water; it's moving storylines ahead.

How firmly is Frank overseeing the scabs? Is he directing all storylines? Is he essentially the HW at this point? Or he is giving them some leeway?

by Anonymousreply 83September 18, 2023 6:11 PM

R84 No you're right, we're coming up on two months with the show that airs on September 25th. They're writing is about six weeks ahead of air time, so going by that timeframe, as of right now, they're writing the start of November sweeps.

Supposedly, Frank is overseeing the scabs just as much as he did with the regular writers. He's also directing the storylines as well, so yes he's essentially still the head writer. The only leeway they have is if they come up with something different that he approves of, however, these are still virtually the same storylines that Chris & Dan started, which were also signed off on by Frank. Reportedly, the scabs are interested in closing these storylines out in favor of starting their own, which Frank wanted to wait until Fall (which is why you're seeing the climax of certain stories soon, along with a change of direction in some, like the reintroduction of Lois, which was placed on hold by Frank- a lot are waiting to see what ideas the scabs have conjured up)

by Anonymousreply 84September 18, 2023 8:17 PM

R.I.P. to Billy, it's very sad, poor guy. He seemed to be well on his way in a career outside of soaps. In January, his dad died, so some are saying that it was still heavily affecting him, along with his depression. He also had a birthday yesterday, so that was most likely affecting him too.

by Anonymousreply 85September 18, 2023 8:22 PM

What do you guys think about Cyrus possibly being Austin's father? This looks like it came from the scabs. Supposedly Sasha's parentage will be revealed eventually; originally Cyrus was supposed to be her father, which he still could be.

Rumors are that Felicia was reconsidered as Esme's mother because of Kristina & Jack's son unfortunately passing away, so they went with Heather instead of doing a heavy story with Felicia and Ryan, which is where they were headed

by Anonymousreply 86September 18, 2023 9:26 PM

Making Cyrus Austin's father could actually salvage the character. Un-Q Austin (Cyrus tampered with DNA results when he ran the hospital) and give him storylines with Laura and Marty. Nothing panned out with the Q's anyway.

Make Sasha Nina's niece. Nina's father had an affair, fathered a daughter, that now dead daughter was Sasha's mother. Maybe it turns out Sasha's mother never died and just ran away and comes back thus giving Nina a half-sister and a niece.

by Anonymousreply 87September 18, 2023 10:08 PM

Is everybody in Port Charles related? What a big incestous mess.

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2023 10:13 PM

[quote]Is everybody in Port Charles related? What a big incestous mess.

That's what soap opera is about. The longer its on, the more incestuous it gets.

Look at all the people connected to Victor Kiriakas on Days. His recent funeral proved just how incestuous things can get.

by Anonymousreply 89September 18, 2023 10:21 PM

R87 They probably will try to figure out a way to have Sasha related to Nina. I was wondering if either Lucy or Felicia would be relatives of hers somehow, although it still might be Cyrus. Some silly rumor has her and Cody as twins lol although I don't think that's where they're going with them.

by Anonymousreply 90September 19, 2023 3:12 AM

It would have been so much more interesting to have Esme be Felicia’s daughter. Instead, they’ve had to scramble to find story for Kristina—helping Maxie movie and becoming a patient advocate at GH (yawn).

by Anonymousreply 91September 19, 2023 4:51 PM

I thought it was going to be Undead Nik on the security footage but instead Charlotte is a teen psycho? Does she secretly hate Anna for taking Daddy away?

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2023 7:05 PM

Helena is her grandmother and Victor is her grandfather, little Miss Charlotte is going to be hell on wheels. Jake better not cross her....

by Anonymousreply 93September 19, 2023 7:07 PM

Nelle. Esme. Charlotte.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

by Anonymousreply 94September 19, 2023 7:55 PM

I'm surprised Chloe Lanier hasn't dropped by for a stint as Nelle during the strike.

The strike made Jeff Kober available. Can't imagine Chloe doesn't need work.

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2023 11:14 PM

oh my.....DEX off script...And he LISPS.....FABULOUS!!!...Evan is one of us...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 20, 2023 3:37 AM

Weirdest rumor I hear about Pikeman is that it's going to turn out to be Morgan Corinthos (with possible plastic surgery).

by Anonymousreply 97September 20, 2023 3:41 AM

R97 I heard that too, also that he's been brainwashed by Lorenzo to despise Sonny.

Charlotte as Anna's tormenter was rumored, however it seemed so ridiculous that it wasn't worth repeating lmao now it seems like it's true.

by Anonymousreply 98September 20, 2023 12:47 PM

Another rumor is they wanted Susan Lucci guest starring as Erica Kane for the Martin Grey ex-wife storyline. The story was being patterned for her (adding Jackson Montgomery; the Erica Kane references) however she turned Frank down (like she has a few times before, yet he continues to ask her to make guest appearances, with her constantly saying no, yet he hopes he can change her mind) then Cady McClain was considered. Bringing in Blair for this story was actually their third choice, which she's apparently aware of, for they were really planning to have her return down the line, once Ted King returns.

by Anonymousreply 99September 20, 2023 1:00 PM

WGA and AMPTP are meeting today in hopes of reaching a deal

by Anonymousreply 100September 20, 2023 4:20 PM

Rumor is that Jordi Vilasuso (ex-Tony, GL; ex-Griffin, AMC; ex-Dario, DOOL; ex-Rey, Y&R) is interested in playing Nikolas, after a small Twitter/X campaign suggested him. Now it's up to Frank to decide lol

by Anonymousreply 101September 20, 2023 4:42 PM

I think Vilasuso would be a great choice, and could hold his own with West, Chavez and Francis.

Hard to believe he is only 42. I can remember him on Guiding Light in the early 2000's.

by Anonymousreply 102September 20, 2023 4:54 PM

Blair Cramer slept with David Vickers!

Wonder what Dorian had to say about that?

by Anonymousreply 103September 20, 2023 5:15 PM

Does this Jordi fella possess the aristocratic air the character has been lacking in the last couple of incarnations?

by Anonymousreply 104September 20, 2023 5:28 PM

I like Jordi as a Nik option. Not sure he plays prince aristocratic but worth a try!

by Anonymousreply 105September 20, 2023 5:31 PM

I can't really see Jordi pulling off the entitled aristocrat.

I like Jorid, but think he would be wrong for Nikolas.

by Anonymousreply 106September 20, 2023 5:39 PM

Is it true bad girls are into pegging?

by Anonymousreply 107September 20, 2023 8:09 PM

R83 Update for you, according to Alan Sarapa, the scans are completely veering off from the directions that Chris and Dan were going in, which Frank is allowing them to do. At R84, that was meant for you as well. Alan's amusingly wondering what Chris and Dan are going to do when they come back. Although Frank has final say over all storylines, apparently he likes what the scabs are coming up with. Some believe that Gary Tomlin is the secret headwriter, which is why Frank is going along with his storyline ideas.

by Anonymousreply 108September 20, 2023 10:18 PM

*Sorry meant the scabs are completely veering off from the directions lol not the scans

by Anonymousreply 109September 20, 2023 10:19 PM

It's just not my day today lol R83 I meant that R84 & R108 are both for you.

by Anonymousreply 110September 20, 2023 10:20 PM

Marci Miller (ex-Abigail, DOOL) is rumored to be under consideration as new new Lulu, although unconfirmed.

by Anonymousreply 111September 20, 2023 10:24 PM

Lulu needs to get back to town and deal with her vandal daughter.

by Anonymousreply 112September 20, 2023 10:32 PM

WGA and AMPTP are close to a deal, could come as early as Thursday or Friday

by Anonymousreply 113September 21, 2023 5:08 AM

Did they find Kin sleeping in his car outside the studio and decide to throw him a bone yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 114September 21, 2023 8:53 AM

I bet EH (Dex) and Chase hit the gay clubs in costumes when they are in Memphis for Halloween weekend..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 21, 2023 9:58 AM

The long-awaited Sprintercourse is finally happening!

Will Spencer fly the bloody sheet off the parapet at Wyndermere when he’s finished taking Trina’s virtue?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2023 5:34 PM

Spencer and Trina are finally hitting the sheets?

It's September. It's not even a sweeps month. Why do this now?

by Anonymousreply 117September 21, 2023 6:31 PM

R117, blue balls.

by Anonymousreply 118September 21, 2023 7:13 PM

Happy Sprina Nocta, everybody.

by Anonymousreply 119September 21, 2023 10:59 PM

R117 Apparently Frank is giving the temporary writers more leeway, veering away from Chris & Dan's stories, wrapping them up while coming into their own. The original story was supposed to be Spencer bonding with Esme and Ace as a family unit, reconnecting him to her while Trina was on the outside. Now even if that's still a possibility, they're pushing him back towards Trina's orbit.

by Anonymousreply 120September 21, 2023 11:54 PM

The temp writers storylines are scheduled to be the focus this fall, unless the WGA/AMPTP come to an agreement this week.

by Anonymousreply 121September 21, 2023 11:58 PM

John J. York announced that he has a match, if everything goes well, he'll have surgery in November

by Anonymousreply 122September 22, 2023 3:51 PM

What were Chris and Dan thinking, R120? That’s nuts.

by Anonymousreply 123September 22, 2023 5:54 PM

R123 Apparently they're both big fans of Esme, especially Chris iirc so they want to reform her in order to keep her on and to endear her to the audience. Felicia being her mother was also supposed to make her even more sympathetic.

Frank signed off on keeping them apart, however now he's signed off on the temp writers changing directions in certain instances, like Charlotte being the one who's tormenting Anna, possibly breaking Anna and Valentin up, along with dropping Kristina as the surrogate, with her now being shifted to Blaze most likely, after today's testing of them.

by Anonymousreply 124September 22, 2023 7:57 PM

Some people are assuming that NAC is on drugs, claiming that his scenes are coming off too hyper.

On another note, was anyone wondering if they were going to go there and have Drew gang raped?

by Anonymousreply 125September 22, 2023 8:00 PM

NAC really was very hyper today, it was just weird.

by Anonymousreply 126September 22, 2023 9:54 PM

It's possible he's happy about sharing scenes with Tabyana, although besides coming to a conclusion that he's on drugs, he's also being accused by fans of "overselling"his pairing.

by Anonymousreply 127September 22, 2023 11:14 PM

Another reason why there seems to be a sudden push to pair Spencer and Trina is because their ratings are under 2.0 so this is definitely creating instant buzz amongst their fans. It also seems to be little less interest in Joss/Dex together under temps

by Anonymousreply 128September 22, 2023 11:20 PM

If the Felicia/Esme rumor is legit, (and I think it is judging bu the on air build up and the sudden heather reveal that didn’t make much sense.), we’re the going to do long lost kids for Mac and Felicia at the exact same time?

That detail is the only one that makes me question it’s legitimacy.

by Anonymousreply 129September 23, 2023 12:48 AM

Before anyone gives a lame “oh, dear” to some misspellings created by autocorrect, I’m chatting about a bad soap opera. Not too worried about what else may be graded by scholars.

by Anonymousreply 130September 23, 2023 12:51 AM

John York's illness as referenced on GMA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 23, 2023 12:59 AM

Spencer was definitely hyper in today’s ep, but I think it was because he’s really, really eager to finally get laid. Seemed like a pretty appropriate way to play it to me.

by Anonymousreply 132September 23, 2023 2:03 AM

Is his possible match Aunt Liesel?

by Anonymousreply 133September 23, 2023 2:07 AM

Why do you think they put Kristina Wagner on contract? All soaps make last minute story changes, but GH, in recent years, has had more obvious story changes than the others. Some say it's Frank. Some say it's ABC. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 134September 23, 2023 2:16 AM

Also, I don't think NAC is on drugs. I think he wants out.

by Anonymousreply 135September 23, 2023 2:17 AM

R128 Well the Felicia/Esme rumor was in play before Kristina's son unfortunately passed, then it switched to Heather. However, of course they can always change it, especially with the temp writers now deciding which directions they want certain stories to go. Frank is apparently receptive to them.

by Anonymousreply 136September 23, 2023 4:44 AM

Sorry R136 was meant for R129

by Anonymousreply 137September 23, 2023 4:45 AM

R132 That's how I felt about it too. I don't think he's a drug addict, even though there's rumors he's on steroids or smokes weed however that's just from people who seem to dislike him and/or Tabyana. You'd expect a young guy to be excited over sex.

R135 That's what I'm thinking too. Supposedly his team is telling him to leave once his contract is up.

by Anonymousreply 138September 23, 2023 4:55 AM

R134 It's a combination of both Frank and ABC. Frank is still in charge of the budget, so contracts/recurring are decisions made by him.

by Anonymousreply 139September 23, 2023 4:57 AM

It’s clear that NAC is being advised to plan for the next phase of his career. He never mentions the show on social media anymore, doesn’t do fan events, and didn’t even give a quote for the new SOD article about Sprina finally Doing It (only Tabyana gave an interview).

I sort of doubt if he’s on roids; he’s young and he hired the trainer who got Kumail Nanjiani Marvel-ready. And everyone smokes weed, I don’t see what that has to do with anything.

by Anonymousreply 140September 23, 2023 5:02 AM

NAC is supposed to start filming that Menendez Brothers movie soon. That was supposed to start filming in September, but likely was delayed by the SAG strike.

Perhaps he's distracted thinking about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 23, 2023 5:36 AM

R140, I'm mixed on NAC; I hear he's still doing his paid fan stuff and he's scrubbed his social where there's no soap stuff; unless you count his Emmy and I think People magazine.

They are probably paying him peanuts so I get doing the paid fan stuff but why scrub all his soap stuff from social.

He's young. This could be him or his people or both. I could see in a year or so -- unless Ryan hires him again and with his arms, I could see him doing that seriously -- NAC could come back to GH.

Helen Slater was Supergirl on the big screen and did a movie opposite Michael J. Fox (The Secrets of My Success); several years ago, she showed up as Dr. Day Player on Y&R.

You can never predict how someone's career is going to go. He DOES have his hammy days though. It's like he's possessed by Liz Hubbard and I don't say that lightly. I do think Rory Gibson would make a good Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 142September 23, 2023 5:49 AM

Honestly, the way the rest of the entertainment industry is going, I suspect a contract gig on one of the four remaining soaps is only going to be more appealing in the coming years

by Anonymousreply 143September 23, 2023 9:45 AM

I wonder what Ryan Murphys dick looks like in NACs mouth?

by Anonymousreply 144September 23, 2023 11:48 AM

Supposedly Bryan Craig and the guy who played Nathan whose name I can't even remember right now both wanted to come back but FV said no. I wonder if NAC will also get a no if he wants to come back in the future. NAC hasn't been troublesome like Bryan but neither was the Nathan actor and he still got a no. I don't think NAC will get the same buzz and adulation in primetime that he has enjoyed in the soap world.

I still fail to see the chemistry between Spencer and Trina.

by Anonymousreply 145September 23, 2023 12:04 PM

My guess is he got some new and different attention when he was cast by Ryan Murphy and his manager told him to downplay the soap stuff on his social media. Even if a post soap career is wobbly, he would be a fool to remain on GH past this contract.

[quote]I still fail to see the chemistry between Spencer and Trina.

I think it's all social media driven.

by Anonymousreply 146September 23, 2023 12:57 PM

[quote] I wonder what Ryan Murphys dick looks like in NACs mouth?

It would be NACs dick in Ryan's old vampire maw, one assumes.

by Anonymousreply 147September 23, 2023 1:13 PM

R140 Right there's talks of him being advised to leave when his contract up since staying on soaps longer than two-three years max when you're a young performer is considered destructive to your burgeoning career, so he already has one foot out the door. There's rumors that Spencer will be recast

Oh that's who's training him? That's cool. I don't believe the roids rumor either or any other drugs for that matter. I think some were trying to imply he was on something harder than weed, although some were saying he seemed like he was high off weed just to get through his scenes with Tabyana. Even though Sprina has a big fanbase, they have a seemingly equal group of non-fans who despise thrm together. Besides saying he's using drugs just to get through scenes with her, they're also saying that he doesn't look into her, he isn't kissing her as well as she's kissing him, he's overacting because he's not physically attracted to her, he's forcing their chemistry, its unnatural etc. He did defend her in instances where she received a lot of racist backlash; they're friends, although she seems closer to Eden and Evan. I also doubt he's on drugs, he'll if it's weed I don't really consider that a drug lol

by Anonymousreply 148September 23, 2023 1:14 PM

He's probably gay and can't act excited over a stinkfish

by Anonymousreply 149September 23, 2023 1:17 PM

R141 Right it was delayed by picketing. The plan was for NAC to take a break from GH, which Frank had already approved. Spencer was going to be off-screen for the summer, possibly out looking for Nikolas. This was still supposed to happen even after the writer's were out striking, for Ryan Murphy still intended to go forward with filming, even though it pissed a lot of WGA members off. SAG-AFTRA walkout is what made Ryan Murphy place everything on hold, so that's why Spencer's still on. He was slated to return months down the line, to "allegedly" finish out his contract.

by Anonymousreply 150September 23, 2023 1:21 PM

R142 If I'm not mistaken, he's roughly making about $1k a show, with a three day weekly minimum guarantee, so about $3k weekly. That's usually what the standard rookie soap contract pays these days. Of course, he can always go in and try to renegotiate his contract when it's up for renewal, however rumors are he wants out for bigger and better things. Especially since he's already a Emmy winner, which he's extremely proud of obviously (and deservedly so) seeing how he would even take it out with him in public (once he took it to thr beach with him).

I didn't know Helen Slater played a day player Dr. on Y&R 😆 wow learn something new everyday.

I don't know if I can get past a comparison to channeling the ghost of Liz Hubbard oh wow 😆 of all people to compare him too lol not The Grand Dame herself, the incomparable La Liz Hubbard. Now I can't unsee it 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 151September 23, 2023 1:35 PM

I don't think he's had heat with any of his pairings. Not with Esme or OGTrina or current Trina. However, he and Esme were very good in fighting scenes before she lost her memory. Now that Esme has been watered down they are boring even when they bicker. He had a sweet friendship/platonic chemistry with OGTrina and they could have been BFFs long term but that's about it. All I see between him and current Trina is a forced situation.

Speaking of forced situations, when is FV going to give up on the LIz/Finn snoozefest?

How does soap money compare to Hallmark/Lifetime movie money? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 152September 23, 2023 1:43 PM

R143 Possibly so. Michael Mealor learned that the hard way when both him and Hunter King quit Y&R together, out of solidarity when they both wanted more money with extended outs to work on outside projects. One reason why I think he came back without her is because Sony had allegedly paid her a lot when she initially returned, along with the income she had from that show Life In Pieces, she probably had more to live off of. She also had a pilot lined up whereas Michael didn't seem to have much of anything substantial at all in terms of acting jobs outside of Y&R. Of course his best friend Josh could've easily convinced Frank to bring him to GH; Frank being the big Y&R fanatic he is, would've jumped at the chance to hire Michael, or as some of you know him as, "JaBottom"

by Anonymousreply 153September 23, 2023 1:46 PM

Hallmark/Lifetime is basic cable TV money, but it's still better than soap money. My guess is 10-20K for a Lifetime/Hallmark movie if you're 1, 2, or 3 on call sheet.

by Anonymousreply 154September 23, 2023 1:48 PM

Michael Mealor was a fool to quit Y&R. He is the epitome of a soap actor. He may end up on the Hallmark Xmas circuit, but that is the best he can hope for as a career.

by Anonymousreply 155September 23, 2023 1:50 PM

[quote] Michael Mealor learned that the hard way

I remember special bro times with Mikey where we did things the hard way.....

by Anonymousreply 156September 23, 2023 1:54 PM

R145 Yes lol both Bryan Craig and Ryan Paevey asked Frank if they could come back after initially quitting and he turned them both down. Same as with Kristen Alderson. Frank's petty like that lol he most likely saw it as they quit on him, so why take them back. I think it also has to do with the way they leave; Chloe Lanier asked him to let her out of her contract two years early, yet he allowed her to return to make guest appearances. That's probably also because rumors were besides Frank and a few others, she wasn't well liked behind the scenes. There was some things said about her head being too big and who does she think she is, the Meryl Streep of GH so she probably felt uncomfortable being there long-term

by Anonymousreply 157September 23, 2023 1:55 PM

R146 Yeah the buzz around him on this Ryan Murphy project is bringing him a different set of attention.

by Anonymousreply 158September 23, 2023 1:58 PM

Bryan Craig burned his bridges for sure. But I'm surprised Morgan wasn't recast. Craig did a decent job, obviously, but I have to assume either Mo or Snaggletooth didn't want the role of Morgan to take away from their screen time.

by Anonymousreply 159September 23, 2023 1:59 PM

R147 Yeah it's pretty safe to say it would go this way, if someone assumes that took place 😆

by Anonymousreply 160September 23, 2023 2:01 PM

R161 There's rumors that he plays for the same team. People have accused him of "flaming" especially off-screen so who knows lol

by Anonymousreply 161September 23, 2023 2:03 PM

Chloe is a good example of a talented soap actor one expects to do well when they leave but doesn't. I'm surprised she hasn't at least been psycho of the week on multiple episodes of L&O.

by Anonymousreply 162September 23, 2023 2:12 PM

R152 A lot of people think he has always had more chemistry with male co-stars (especially Evan most recently) than with the female ones he's supposed to be romantically involved with.

Rumors are that the temps aren't exactly keen on Finn and Liz either; there's speculation they might try reuniting him with Anna after she "allegedly" leaves Valentin over his secrets and lies, however he was boring with her too. Finola didn't exactly find Finn and Anna memorable either so if they are going to reunite, it's because of the temps, for Chris and Dan are big fans of Anna/Valentin. Frank's using Liz to prop Finn to make him stick because he doesn't want to get rid of his friend, no matter how much he flops. He's holding on to Roger too in the same vein, although rumors are Roger has considered quitting often, yet Frank manages to keep him. When Michael tried to quit GH some years ago, Frank convinced him to stay as well

Lifetime movie actors make between $75k-150k per movie. Hallmark movie actors who are starting out can earn anywhere from about $5600 their first movie, with residuals. It increases when they're more known and/or make more movies; that $5600 rate might be slightly higher for a soap star.

by Anonymousreply 163September 23, 2023 2:26 PM

R155 Epitome of a soap actor 😁 😁 that's not a compliment is it

by Anonymousreply 164September 23, 2023 2:28 PM

Roger Howarth and Michael Easton have been phoning it in for years. Neither of them contributes a thing to GH.

by Anonymousreply 165September 23, 2023 2:28 PM

R156 LMAO clever. I see what you did there oh damn although one does wonder exactly how close those two are. Imagining Josh alone in his dressing room jerking would actually be nice to walk-in on 😁

by Anonymousreply 166September 23, 2023 2:31 PM

R159 Frank and then head writers Jean and Shelley definitely wanted to recast. Billy Flynn was actually a frontrunner since he was no longer on DOOL at that time, for he's a fan of GH and he made it known that he was interested in joining the show. However Maurice was the one who refused a Morgan recast; he claimed that it was better to kill off Morgan, because he didn't want anyone else outside of Bryan Craig playing him. Jean especially wasn't happy when actors, Frank or even the network made her alter any storyline ideas, yet she reluctantly agreed to get rid of Morgan. Remember there was a scene of someone watching outside of the Corinthos home after he "died" so many assumed it was him.

by Anonymousreply 167September 23, 2023 2:39 PM

Does Maurice really have that kind of power? Where he can demand that a role not be recast? As I said in another thread, GH seems like a toxic workplace.

by Anonymousreply 168September 23, 2023 2:45 PM

The temp writers are getting mixed reviews; some say they're moving storylines along faster, the dialogue is sharper while they're also utilizing the cast and history more. Others are saying it's just not any different than the permanent writers, some are even saying its worse or at least just more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 169September 23, 2023 2:46 PM

WGA and AMPTP are meeting today in a last ditch effort to resolve their disagreement and reach a deal

by Anonymousreply 170September 23, 2023 2:48 PM

When Carolyn Hennesy (Diane) was on Mo's show she said Mo is the only actor who attends writers' meetings...

I think it was her subtle way of letting the viewers know while simultaneously appearing to be stroking Mo's huge ego. Well played Carolyn, well played!

by Anonymousreply 171September 23, 2023 2:55 PM

R168 Yes he yields a lot of power. Probably not as much as he used to, however he still holds a lot of weight. Frank seemed to start kissing up to him after Maurice organized the mutiny to have Ron fired. Ever since then, Frank has pretty much gone out of his way to make him feel important. Now Frank did refuse to rehire Steve back in 2016 then 2017, because his pettiness with Steve for quitting on him in 2012, in favor of Y&R, got the better of him, so Maurice had to go over Frank's head and contact the network in order to get his friend's job back. Frank isn't in a position to show if he isn't too pleased with Maurice since he knows Maurice can possibly get him fired. That's why he "allegedly" kept Sonny and Carly together for so long when Maurice wanted a new pairing, for spite. He had the network backing him on that one, wanting to keep those two together for nostalgia sake.

by Anonymousreply 172September 23, 2023 2:58 PM

R171 😆 yeah she's pretty smart. Very much like Diane in real life.

by Anonymousreply 173September 23, 2023 2:59 PM

I love Diane; she’s like the human embodiment of the Lindsay Neagle character from The Simpsons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 23, 2023 3:30 PM

Slight correction to R150: NAC’s Menendez series was always scheduled to be a 2024 show, with shooting starting this fall. If it weren’t for the strikes, he would likely just be starting his leave around now.

by Anonymousreply 175September 23, 2023 3:52 PM

R175 I stand corrected 😁 I thought they were scheduled to start filming this summer. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 176September 23, 2023 4:04 PM

Spoilers from Twitter/X:

Some characters will be in "Puerto Rico" soon (Sonny's island set)

A character will end up in "Vermont" soon

Mo's son is still taping as of now (already mentioned by someone here that Mo wants him on more; they're trying to work him into more scenes)

by Anonymousreply 177September 23, 2023 4:35 PM

Imo, they could actually work Mo's son into more story if they wanted to, even giving him a contract. I think Frank's being petty lol I don't blame him. This way he can appease Maurice without pleasing him too much.

by Anonymousreply 178September 23, 2023 4:38 PM

*whispers* I think Mo’s son is actually pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 179September 23, 2023 4:40 PM

R179 Lol better than his father? Or more like a younger, earlier version of him?

by Anonymousreply 180September 23, 2023 4:55 PM

He just has a natural, appealing presence, R180. If I hadn’t been told he was Mo’s son I wouldn’t have guessed.

by Anonymousreply 181September 23, 2023 5:13 PM

R181 Well he's expected to be on more soon.

by Anonymousreply 182September 23, 2023 11:02 PM

The WGA and the AMPTP are reaching the home stretch, their lawyers are now going over everything before they solidify the final stages of signing their new contract. It's expected to be finalized either tonight or tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 183September 23, 2023 11:06 PM

I wonder -- and I dont' know anything -- if Gh writers stayed on during the strike. Why shouldn't they? They stop writing and on their next cycle, they're canned and their jobs are taken by scab writers.

Why not write under a ghost name.

I wonder if NAC is gay. He doesn' have chemistry with any of his leading ladies. I think black audiences are so desperate to see a black woman in a frontburner romance they'll swear up and down that NAC and TA are the second coming.

Spencer acts like he's dishing with his gay bestie in his scenes with Trina. It's not believable. There's a huge twitter following for TA and NAC though. Black viewers want to see a black heroine live in Wyndemere, they want her to take down Esme. They want her to be a combination of Kim Hughes, Victoria Lord, Rachel Cory, and Reva Shayne.

I can't fault folks wanting representation. I wish the gays had it past flaming Leo on DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 184September 24, 2023 3:25 AM

R184 It's completely possible, however GH writers, particularly Shannon Peace, announced that they were all picketing and were out there on the picket lines. Also, someone leaked to the WGA that Frank had secretly hired ghost writers in June, when he tried to deny that he would need any after he told JPS that he had been busy stockpiling scripts, for at least up to five or six months worth of Chris and Dan's material, in case of a walkout by the writers. Then there's also the obvious changes in direction with Chris and Dan's stories, combined with Elizabeth Korte not there to prop her favorites, Carly and Curtis. Anna is a favorite of hers too, although the temp writers are doing a number on Anna and Valentin, which is one of Chris and Dan's favorite couples.

by Anonymousreply 185September 25, 2023 1:50 AM

R184 Forgot to mention that rumor is Gary Tomlin is secretly head writing; a former writer at OLTL and GH, along with a reporter, separately stated that they heard through sources that Frank was using employees in non-writing roles to fill in as the head writer(s) along with the associate head writer and additional writing roles. The WGA apparently is coming down hard on unknown scabs this time, so if you're not already listed as fi-core, you were advised to list yourself. If not, then you'll face permanent bans from the WGA and possibly other unions you belong to, since they're working in solidarity. Therefore, that's a main rumored reason why the writers are keeping their identities a secret.

NAC being gay has been rumored since he started. Black female audiences in particular make up an exorbitant amount of Sprina fans, however there's also a sense of nostalgia since some say Sprina is reminiscent of Nik & Gia.

by Anonymousreply 186September 25, 2023 2:02 AM

Strike is over tentative deal reached tonight

by Anonymousreply 187September 25, 2023 2:20 AM

R184 James Patrick Stuart confirmed that the GH producers are currently also working as the head writers/writers.

by Anonymousreply 188September 25, 2023 3:49 AM

Is JPS going to get punished for divulging info?

by Anonymousreply 189September 25, 2023 3:58 AM

R189 Probably not. He's really good friends with Frank. If it were anyone else than probably so lol

by Anonymousreply 190September 25, 2023 4:09 AM

r190, thanks. I'd hate for JPS to be put in the doghouse and disappear from our screens for a few months like Tristan Rogers did a couple years ago when he commented on the Peter August situation.

by Anonymousreply 191September 25, 2023 4:15 AM

R191 No problem. Oh you're so right about Tristan lol I had forgot about that. Tristan's relationship with Frank is very different than JPS' and Frank's so he won't be reprimanded.

by Anonymousreply 192September 25, 2023 1:58 PM

Translation: JPS at some point has fed Frank his long thick shaft, or at least shown it to him.

Tristan, obviously, has not.

by Anonymousreply 193September 25, 2023 2:22 PM

R193 😁 😁 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 194September 25, 2023 2:28 PM

Rumors are that Anna will either turn to Finn or Sonny for comfort, although if the permanent writers are able to scrap that in time, those will be thrown out the window.

by Anonymousreply 195September 25, 2023 2:30 PM

Today's airing of GH is already on YouTube TV, it was accidentally leaked earlier than expected.

GH is preempted Oct. 3rd/4th for Playoff Baseball

by Anonymousreply 196September 25, 2023 3:20 PM

Writers Guild worked a deal out. But the actors, etc., have not.

by Anonymousreply 197September 25, 2023 3:49 PM

I should add that the soap casts are/were not affected by the actor's strike.

by Anonymousreply 198September 25, 2023 3:50 PM

They need to put Carly in a hair net. There must be bits of her horse mane in every dish served at Kelly's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199September 25, 2023 5:49 PM

R199 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Ppl are pointing out how she's become her Aunt Ruby now, just running Kelly's and offering sage advice. However once Elizabeth Korte returns, Carly will become front and center again, being wedged into various stories even if she's not driving them. Korte is probably pissed off about how often they are sidelining Carly

by Anonymousreply 200September 25, 2023 6:21 PM

Poor sweet Jake, ensnared by a psychotic teen hussy. He needs to find a nice hung boy.

by Anonymousreply 201September 25, 2023 7:40 PM

Molly's voice is beyond irritating. How long is Frank going to let this debacle drag on?

by Anonymousreply 202September 25, 2023 7:43 PM

R202 Frank's stubborn, so he'll probably let her stay on as long as he can. Some think that Nancy Lee and Kelly are actually trying to hold themselves from bursting out in laughter when they're in scenes with her. She's definitely miscast as Molly; there were also mentions of Frank hiring her to tank and to make Kristina look like the better option and take the heat off of her, for he's a big fan of Kate Mansi's

by Anonymousreply 203September 25, 2023 7:50 PM

He also might be keeping her to make the return of Haley Pullos more palatable when the time comes. I doubt Haley will get any significant time, supposedly the time she is now spending at her posh Malibu rehab counts towards whatever sentence she gets.

by Anonymousreply 204September 25, 2023 7:57 PM

I don't know how any of middle age Molly's scene partners can keep a straight face with her over-the-top, squeaky baby voice.

by Anonymousreply 205September 25, 2023 8:00 PM

[quote]he's a big fan of Kate Mansi's

Kate has only been on since late May, but I suspect she's already had more days than Lexi Ainsworth did in all of 2022.

by Anonymousreply 206September 25, 2023 8:03 PM

I'm surprised Ric Lansing hasn't been mentioned at all during this surrogacy storyline.

Also surprised that Rick Hearst hasn't been on the show since 2016.

Ric is Sonny's half brother, Alexis' ex husband, Molly's father. Plenty of Port Charles connections still around.

Did he do something to piss Frank off?

by Anonymousreply 207September 25, 2023 8:07 PM

R204 There were people speculating about that too. Holiday Mia Kriegel wasn't exactly welcomed except for mainly Eden, Tabyana and Kate Mansi befriending her; Brooke Anne Smith being older can probably handle the cold shoulder more. Nancy Lee was "allegedly" pissed that they recast Molly to begin with while she deals with her personal issues

by Anonymousreply 208September 25, 2023 8:12 PM

R205 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 209September 25, 2023 8:13 PM

R206 Most definitely. Frank never really cared for Lexi's version; Maurice was able to keep her on as long as he could. Frank used her living overseas part-time as a reason to her rid of her, since Kristina was suddenly needed in more stories, even though Lexi stated that had she stayed, she would've been able to work something out. It's interesting how a lot of characters are suddenly on more and brought to the front after being recast

by Anonymousreply 210September 25, 2023 8:18 PM

Kate Mansi is pretty good though lol it's just funny how Kristina was secondary for the majority of Lexi's time on

by Anonymousreply 211September 25, 2023 8:20 PM

R207 Lol don't think there's any bad blood between them. Rick is busy running his mother's restaurant and teaching. Frank seems to care more about his own characters or most of the vets that were already there when he joined, so Rick just doesn't seem to be of any interest to him or the writers

by Anonymousreply 212September 25, 2023 8:28 PM

The writers are possibly not returning to work until there's also a deal in place for the actors too, out of solidarity. Even though it's not affecting soap actors, this could still delay the writers returning if they decide to holdout for the actors deal

by Anonymousreply 213September 26, 2023 3:26 AM

Kate drives me nuts with her acting. It's very hold the prism up to the light and then examine every facet.

Everything's remarkable or amazing or unbelievable.

I loved it when Tristan slammed the Peter storyline, saying the characters were all too smart to fall for him.

Matt Hanvey on twitter took video of Peter emoting and laid in a Frasier guest star who went over the top theaterical; funniest shit ever.

by Anonymousreply 214September 26, 2023 3:41 AM

Is this the Kate ManZi from DOOL who her fans are certain will win an Oscar some day?

by Anonymousreply 215September 26, 2023 10:59 PM

When was the last time one of our divas had a good, satisfying onscreen slap? When Betty slapped Ava I wanted her to return the favor.

by Anonymousreply 216September 26, 2023 11:02 PM

Can’t believe Cuntly apologized for being a cunt to Ava.

by Anonymousreply 217September 27, 2023 1:13 AM

[quote]Can’t believe Cuntly apologized for being a cunt to Ava.

Clearly the scabs are still writing dialogue then.

by Anonymousreply 218September 27, 2023 1:41 AM

R216, this is a slap from over 40 years ago, but it was GH's best slap.

Starts at 6:19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 27, 2023 4:52 AM

R217 R218 Yeah the temp writers aren't writing her as unlikable as she usually is, she was even tolerable with Liz eventually while waiting to learn Drew's diagnosis. She has had her moments here and there where she's still irritating, yet without Elizabeth Korte there, she's more humanized.

Rumor is that the permanent writers are returning either today or as soon as Monday, so expect their work to show onscreen in about mid to end November. Therefore Korte will no doubt make up for lost time by inserting Carly in pretty much every story while also having her "best" everyone.

by Anonymousreply 220September 27, 2023 1:15 PM

Michael Easton held a couple of personal appearances (even Josh Swickard had one with him, in a joint fab club event) where he pretty much agreed with fans that Fiz isn't good and that he's not exactly satisfied with the pairing. He also mentioned that he would love to work with Maura West more. He didn't bash Becky, however, he just isn't into Fiz.

by Anonymousreply 221September 27, 2023 1:21 PM

An article labeled NuNuMolly Brooke Anne Smith as the worst recast that GH has ever had since Jennifer Bransford's Carly

by Anonymousreply 222September 27, 2023 1:22 PM

Actually their starting to film November sweeps now so the temp writers are further ahead than expected, so we might not see the permanent writers work until December, around the holidays. It would take Frank dissolving current scripts in an effort to fit the permanent writers back in before year's end which he probably isn't going to do, especially since he's frugal and extremely cost effective.

by Anonymousreply 223September 27, 2023 1:30 PM

Is middle aged Molly on contract? If so, at what interval can they let her go? 24 weeks?

What are Maura's guarantees? She doesn't seem to be on that often for someone who is definitely one of the higher paid actors on the show.

Same goes for RoHo, sweet deal he's got, he's on maybe once or twice a week and raking in top dollar.

Gonzo Gregory and Hat Daddy should not be on contract, waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 224September 27, 2023 1:33 PM

What is Elizabeth Korte's position on the writing team. I hear her name mentioned quite a bit, but I thought she was just a script editor.

by Anonymousreply 225September 27, 2023 1:37 PM

Middle aged Molly is dunzo. NununuMolly today.

by Anonymousreply 226September 27, 2023 6:04 PM

R224 She was on contract, more than likely with a standard 13-week cycle date. Since she first taped in June/aired onscreen around July 19th, she had at least about three weeks left on her contract that they must have paid out to her before they let her go. She was bullied and harassed off the show so Frank was left with no choice. Frank is doing good at keeping most casting under wraps (except for big casting moves like Rena Softer or Ted King). New Molly that premiered today is Kristen Vaganos; she's 27

by Anonymousreply 227September 27, 2023 9:18 PM

R224 Maura and Roger have at least 3-4 day guarantees, so even if they're not that much in one week, Frank likes to save them for either more episodes in that month or at least by the end of their 26-week cycle. Vets like Maura and Roger usually get 26-week cycles instead of 13-week cycle like "standard soap rookie contracts." So even if you see them less in one month, you'll see more of them to make up their guarantees at least that next month or before their cycle's up. Frank also films out of sequence, so sometimes actors tape certain shows in one week that's spread out over weeks time or even saved for a later date

by Anonymousreply 228September 27, 2023 9:23 PM

R225 She's the associate head writer/script editor. She's actually the main script editor; all the final scripts are ran through her and she's allowed to change anything she doesn't like. That's why Carly, Curtis and Anna are always featured so heavily and given favorable writing under her as much as she can, since those are her faves (especially Carly). Even though Curtis and Anna are victimized in some instances, she makes changes here and there to not make them look too bad.

by Anonymousreply 229September 27, 2023 9:28 PM

*Not make them look too bad in the audience's eyes, I should say. She like sto make sure Carly's always winning, so this whole "Carly is broke" isn't going to last; the temp writers don't seem to care for Carly as much as Korte, so they're hardly writing for her. Korte lives Carly's kids too, I forgot to add. They've been sort of watered down too since Korte hasn't been around.

by Anonymousreply 230September 27, 2023 9:31 PM

R226 She sort of favors temp Molly, Holiday Mia Kriegel, just shorter. Almost like a slight combination of Haley and Holiday, with more Holiday.

by Anonymousreply 231September 27, 2023 9:32 PM

R226 Actually it seems like they were trying to find someone who looks closer to Kate Mansi

by Anonymousreply 232September 27, 2023 9:34 PM

Thanks r227/228.

Frank showed really poor judgement casting the age-inappropriate Molly. She'll need the three extra paid weeks just to recover from the whole ordeal. As much as her voice irritated me, I hope someone in the cast was nice to her while she was there.

I hope Korte finds employment elsewhere, Carly inserted into every storyline is ridiculous. They did the same with one note Jason.

by Anonymousreply 233September 27, 2023 9:35 PM

R223, thank God. Frank's ability to control the budget is what keeps the show on the air.

I have more of a problem with Kate as Kristina than I do any of the Molly's.

The second one's voice was more grating than her birth certificate to me.

I don't recall anyone ever saying OH, PLEASE! Barbara Bel Geddes is only 9 years older than Larry Hagman! Do they think we're STUPID??

Plus, Jordan and TJ look more like siblings or boyfriend and girlfriend.

Surrogacy storylines are soooo predictable; the surrogate decides to keep the kid or goes crazy. No. Just no. Scrap this. Bring Lexi back as Kristina and put her behind the bar and have her be Sonny's conscience. Split up Molly and TJ until Haley can come back. If ever.

by Anonymousreply 234September 27, 2023 9:51 PM

When was the last time Phyllis was mentioned? Was Charlies a bit much for her? I know she was used to having no customers at the Tan-O.

by Anonymousreply 235September 27, 2023 9:55 PM

R233 No problem. Rumors are that Frank purposely hired Brooke Anne to tank, knowing that fans wouldn't catch on. The bullying was probably more than he expected to happen. The rumored reasons why he would do such a deliberately bad hire in the first place ranged from wanting Kate Mansi to look better in terms of her (to take the focus off of her being Lexi's replacement) to him holding out hope for Haley to return one day to reclaim her role. No word yet on who was nice to her, although there had to be someone who was.

Elizabeth Korte is more than likely here to stay. She's apparently Frank's right-hand man in terms of scripts.

by Anonymousreply 236September 27, 2023 10:06 PM

R234 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 237September 27, 2023 10:07 PM

R235 They just seemed to phase her out. At one point, they were actually considering Phyllis and her husband as Portia's parents, around the time Trina ran into her at the Tan-O. They could bring her back for something with Hat Guy, however they seemed to halt anything for him in that vein after Epiphany.

by Anonymousreply 238September 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Apparently those Savoy scenes were recently filmed, which is why there wasn't any leaks about Brooke Anne Smith being replaced. Frank has a habit of filming out of sequence.

by Anonymousreply 239September 27, 2023 10:27 PM

I’d like to see Brooke Ann smith return as Alexis college roommate or something tongue in cheek.

I feel badly for her and hope she gets a break.

by Anonymousreply 240September 27, 2023 11:36 PM

R240 I actually feel bad for her too. It seems like Frank set her up to fail. Since he has a penchant for bringing people back in other roles, he should rehire her as an act of good faith. She even had her brother advocating for her to stay on her behalf, I feel bad for him too.

by Anonymousreply 241September 27, 2023 11:41 PM

Also, speaking of coming back, Kassie DePaiva is asking if the whole entire Manning family can come to Port Charles permanently. Kristen Alderson has joined in on her requests too.

by Anonymousreply 242September 27, 2023 11:43 PM

Permanent writers returned to work today

by Anonymousreply 243September 27, 2023 11:54 PM

Don't need Jackson Montgomery or Blair Manning and her crew.

I will make an exception for Cady McClain if she wants to come on board short or long term.

Need: Lulu, Lucky, Nik, Emma Drake, Serena Baldwin, Lila Rae.

If Lois turns out to be fun again, keep her around.

Recast Robin and Patrick. Anna needs family. To avoid another Burton/Miller debacle, inform the Robin recast upfront that if Kimberly goes the Ozempic route, runs out of cash or director jobs dry up and wants to return, the role reverts back to her. Also, if the show is cancelled, Kimberly will be back for the finale for nostalgia's sake.

by Anonymousreply 244September 28, 2023 12:29 AM

[quote]Need: Lulu, Lucky, Nik, Emma Drake, Serena Baldwin, Lila Rae.

One other legacy child that your list, and the show for that matter, completely neglects is Christina Baldwin, the adopted child of Lucy and Scotty that was integral to storylines for a few years on Port Charles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245September 28, 2023 12:39 AM

Portia's mother should be Claudia Johnson.

I think she and Bryan had twins?

A boy and a girl? Two girls?

She was a great 'talk to' for Laura back in the day. She shot straight with her about a lot of things.

I remember when Luke and Laura announced their engagement Bryan said, "Laura, Scotty was my friend but you're my friend too..." and I'm happy for you and Luke or something like that. I remember thinking, "Bryan. Nobody. Nobody cares what you think."

by Anonymousreply 246September 28, 2023 7:14 AM

R244 😆 😆 Walt Willey really wants to be full-time too

R245 I remember when Ron was going to bring her to GH lol you brought back a memory. They were going to call her C.C. (short for Christina Baldwin-Collins) because of a Kristina already being on and off canvas to avoid any confusion. I remember that she was bringing a boyfriend with her just like the article says except I didn't know they were practically cast with the two actors mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 247September 28, 2023 5:39 PM

R246 Bryan and Claudia had a boy and a girl I believe. I haven't thought of them in awhile lol thanks for the unintentional "Throwback Thursday" reference 😁 that would have been a nice nod to history if Portia was their daughter. I don't remember her father's name except they can always say he's not really her dad lol then they'd have to explain where's her twin, and what happened to Bryan and Claudia. On a side note, I also remember that the actress who portrayed Claudia, Bianca Ferguson iirc, was married to actor Meshach Taylor, R.I.P., irl

by Anonymousreply 248September 28, 2023 5:44 PM

Walt Willey's aggressive campaigning for full time is really off-putting.

Has he had multiple divorces or illness or what? Why so desperate.

by Anonymousreply 249September 28, 2023 5:47 PM

Spoilers suggest that Sonny and Nina's wedding occurs the week of October 9th, which means that it was written entirely by the temps. If the permanent writers are rewriting scripts now, or "making adjustments to them," then it will not be shown onscreen until early to mid-November

by Anonymousreply 250September 28, 2023 5:47 PM

R249 Wow it's like you can see right through him 😆 He's had a couple of marriages and a health scare some years ago.

by Anonymousreply 251September 28, 2023 5:54 PM

r251, I was just being sarcastic, had no idea, lol.

by Anonymousreply 252September 28, 2023 6:33 PM

Is this awful Sasha/Cody/Gladys/Montague story ever going to end? I won’t be happy until they all drive off a cliff together.

by Anonymousreply 253September 28, 2023 8:06 PM

Lol supposedly it's getting wrapped up soon, however Gladys actress is related to a friend of one of their permanent writers, which is why she's been able to stay on well past her welcome

by Anonymousreply 254September 28, 2023 9:39 PM

R252 😆 😆 well you were still spot on

by Anonymousreply 255September 28, 2023 9:40 PM

Trevor St. John revealed at a fan club event, about a month ago, that GH originally contacted him to play Jason, yet he turned them down (back in 2014)

by Anonymousreply 256September 28, 2023 9:56 PM

Six months ago, it looked like Ethan Lovett was returning to Port Charles. But Ethan hasn't been mentioned since then.

Turns out they used Ethan was just a device to get Tracey and Holly back to town.

by Anonymousreply 257September 28, 2023 10:35 PM

Correction at R256 Trevor never specified if he turned them down before they signed Billy as Jason.

by Anonymousreply 258September 28, 2023 11:44 PM

R257 Ethan should've stayed, especially since they're having Kristina driving story; they could've tested them together or has him involved with someone else. I even liked the curly blonde hair as somewhat of an homage to Luke 😁 however it was just a plot point to have Holly and Tracy reintroduced.

by Anonymousreply 259September 28, 2023 11:49 PM

Ethan was a hot temporary piece of ass. He would have made a good lover for Dex.

by Anonymousreply 260September 28, 2023 11:53 PM

R260 Evan, you're posting here? Have you ever mentioned this site to Eden? 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 261September 29, 2023 12:08 AM

Some fans are suggesting Frank rehire Brooke Anne Smith as Lulu. Yet there's also a matter if she even wants to return, after all of the bullying and hate messages she received. She might not be interested in returning in any capacity.

by Anonymousreply 262September 29, 2023 12:12 AM

We're going to have to bring Lucas back, at least long enough for Bobbie's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 263September 29, 2023 12:18 AM

Speaking of gays in Port Charles that are never/rarely seen, when was the last time we saw Brad? Selina certainly doesn't seem to be using her nephew much.

by Anonymousreply 264September 29, 2023 12:19 AM

Rena and Wally's daughter was the one who informed Wally that Rena was returning. Apparently Rena's contract might not be as long as her fans are expecting, nor will there be some big Lois/Ned/Olivia triangle that nostalgic Ned/Lois fans would want either (well those who don't know Rena and Wally's history). Supposedly, they'll focus more on her friendship with Olivia and her relationships with Tracy and Brook-Lynn. So far, Rena and Wally have only filmed one show together.

by Anonymousreply 265September 29, 2023 5:40 AM

Also, Rena's really into bringing back Lois' brash personality, along with the long nails matching her outfits again as well.

by Anonymousreply 266September 29, 2023 5:50 AM

When Rena was on Mo's show she tried to spin it that she and Wally were friendly but that's not what I had heard. Multiple R.O.s and hostility.

by Anonymousreply 267September 29, 2023 6:13 AM

FUN TRIVIA------>>ABC actually had TWO choices to replace The CIty. They went with Port Charles but the other choice was a NED/LOIS spin-off. RS was hot off her Emmy win and the show would have centered around Ned, Lois and her family in Bensonhurst. The story at the time was ABC went with Port Charles because it was cheaper. They could just rehash the GH hospital sets and it would be easier for crossovers with GH, like the Nurses Ball. Around the same time DAYS toyed with the idea of a Marlena spin-off (also NY set).

by Anonymousreply 268September 29, 2023 8:19 AM

They need to cut a good chunk of the cast - start with Gladys, Sasha, Cody, Dex and Finn. Maybe bring 40 yr old Molly back as Maxie since Kirsten Storms is obviously learning her lines at Popeyes every night.

by Anonymousreply 269September 29, 2023 11:33 AM

I feel bad for Brooke Anne Smith but I also think she’d do best to find another profession.

This Sasha storyline is endless but I find Gladys to be kind of a hoot, like a John Waters character.

by Anonymousreply 270September 29, 2023 5:30 PM

[quote]the other choice was a NED/LOIS spin-off. RS was hot off her Emmy win and the show would have centered around Ned, Lois and her family in Bensonhurst.

As I recall, Claire Labine was the creator of the Ned/Lois spinoff and was also set to be the HW if ABC had picked that one.

Labine is the person who created Lois during her run as HW of GH in late 1993-early 1996.

by Anonymousreply 271September 29, 2023 5:42 PM

"Well! We were sitting around the table in Brooklyn -- my son Matthew, my daughter Elinor -- and we all thought what if we put the Quartermaines on a BOAT! With Lois's family!!"

by Anonymousreply 272September 29, 2023 6:47 PM

Seriously, I know her time at GH was lauded but I can't imagine anyone going to Ryan's Hope and writing in Alzheimer's for Maeve (Audrey was headed this way till John Beradino died), made Ryan HIV positive, Jillian breast cancer, and whatever else....Claire would have stormed ABC with a machete - rightfully so.

by Anonymousreply 273September 29, 2023 6:49 PM

r273 My understanding is Wendy Riche wanted to make GH more realistic after a decade+ of super-spy adventures.

If that was the direction Riche wanted to go, then Claire Labine was a good writer to hire. She certainly knew how to do heartfelt and heart wrenching stories.

My point is, Labine did not write the stories like BJ's heart, Monica's breast cancer and Stone giving Robin AIDS, in a vacuum. She was directed to realistic stories and the stories she did come up with had to be approved by Riche and people at ABC.

by Anonymousreply 274September 29, 2023 8:47 PM

Is that all there is?

by Anonymousreply 275September 29, 2023 9:25 PM

Today on GH: Laura learns that Nikolas made a large withdrawal while Spencer makes a large deposit.

by Anonymousreply 276September 30, 2023 12:53 AM

Trina and Spencer have ZILCH chemistry. Same way with Liz and EVERYONE. Watching Ryan Lavery talking about being a Quartermaine was also cringe.

by Anonymousreply 277September 30, 2023 2:11 AM

Spoilers suggest Sonny and Nina run off to elope on the island in Puerto Rico week of 10/9; Lois returns onscreen on 10/10

by Anonymousreply 278September 30, 2023 2:52 AM

R268 I remember that proposed spinoff 😁 the one for Ned & Lois along with the one for DOOL, Manhattan Lives. Hope you don't mind a slight add-on to your message; when NBC first toyed with the idea of Manhattan Lives starring Marlena, that was in 1991/1992 (where she would've been in a love triangle with a Donald Trump-esque character and his son) however when they reconsidered the idea in or around 1995, Jennifer would've been the one who decided to ditch Salem for New York. Melissa Reeves subsequently quitting after her husband Scott demanded she leave, upon learning of her real life affair with co-star Jason Brooks (for anyone who didn't keep up with Days back then) was the reason why they scrapped any plans for Manhattan Lives (with a working title of Heart & Soul) in favor of Sunset Beach (which had a working title of Never Can Say Goodbye)

R271 Right that's exactly what happened

by Anonymousreply 279September 30, 2023 3:12 AM

Kristen Alderson is expecting a baby. Guess that shows Chad "Dick of Death" Duell he isn't the only one out of the two of them who's busy out here putting their reproductive organs to use 😁

by Anonymousreply 280September 30, 2023 3:26 AM

R274, well, that's Wendy for you. But I can't see anyone dictating to Claire what she'd write.

I think she could have done her stories without forever changing the lives of some important characters; I believe Robin's diagnosis came before the cocktail kept prolonging people's lives.

Doug Marland told Margo's HIV rape storyline in which she was negative but a newer character, Dawn, didn't fare as well. I think the most graphic line ever on soaps was: "Margo, Elroy Nevins withdrew he climaxed in you and ejaculated on your thigh."

To Claire, I think the GH characters were someone else's so she didn't mind 'going there' with many of them.

She didn't write Laura correctly. She got rid of Sean and Tiffany; I found many of her new characters to be a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 281September 30, 2023 3:28 AM

R274 That's how it happened. Riche definitely wanted to transition away from the Gloria Monty themed version. She clashed with Guza, only for him to return once she was gone (along with Sunset Beach being cancelled for about 2 1/2 yrs prior to Frons bringing him back)

by Anonymousreply 282September 30, 2023 3:29 AM

R281 Wow I'm stuck on that line from ATWT. I'm glad they went there, that sounds like something from prime-time. The writing isn't nearly as good now on any of the four remaining shows as it was in years past. It's also apparent that soaps are regressing, for a line in that vein to be spoken back then can pretty much prove it.

by Anonymousreply 283September 30, 2023 3:36 AM

I completely did not understand that stupid Finn and Liz scene today, it was one of the most unsexy scenes ever. Spencer and Trina were even worse what a boring mess!

by Anonymousreply 284September 30, 2023 3:40 AM

GH’s (very rare) love scenes are so templated that they’re never erotic, even for network daytime. There’s the closeup of the bra being unclasped and some shots of rippling back muscles suggesting basic missionary as off-brand pop ballads play.

That’s why, shockingly, I thought the Sprina sex today was less hot than the weird Finn/Liz shower foreplay scene, which was weird and vaguely kinky. And Easton looked good.

by Anonymousreply 285September 30, 2023 4:21 AM

Correcting myself at R279, Body & Soul was the working title of Manhattan Lives in 1995. Heart & Soul was the working title of the proposed Ned & Lois spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 286September 30, 2023 8:57 AM

Rumored storylines have Ava kidnapped on orders of Austin and Mason's main boss.

Also, supposedly the temp writers scheduled Sonny and Nina's wedding to facilitate an affair between Sonny and Anna, after both came to the realization that Valentin and Nina were keeping things from them, possibly a one night stand. However, since the permanent writers have returned, that participate storyline development probably will not occur, for Chris, Dan and Korte are fans of Valentin and Anna. There's also a rumor that Michael shows up at the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 287September 30, 2023 9:04 AM

*that particular storyline development probably will not occur

by Anonymousreply 288September 30, 2023 9:05 AM

R285 Ever since the permanent writers were out, GH not only hired a "creative consultant" for storyline purposes, they also hired an "intimacy coordinator" for love scenes. That Liz/Finn scene was probably something both of those hires came up with together. The creative consultant is expected to exit now that the regular writers have returned; not sure if they'll require the suggestions of the intimacy coordinator anymore either.

by Anonymousreply 289September 30, 2023 9:13 AM

Some fans have mentioned to Nathan Varni that they don't want Chris, Dan or Korte back, for they've taken to the scabs.

by Anonymousreply 290September 30, 2023 9:18 AM

Correcting myself at R289, there's a rumored different intimacy coordinator than who they've previously had.

by Anonymousreply 291September 30, 2023 9:26 AM

It’s weird that watered-down daytime sex scenes require an intimacy coordinator but for neophytes like Tabyana and NAC I’m sure it was helpful.

by Anonymousreply 292September 30, 2023 11:22 AM

Days of Our Lives had an intimacy coordinator when they filmed its threesome in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 293September 30, 2023 1:37 PM

R283, I left out a REALLY important word; Elroy Nevins withdrew BEFORE he climaxed....and he ejaculated on your thigh.

It was quite graphic at the time; Dolan was nominated but lost to Linda Dano.

by Anonymousreply 294September 30, 2023 4:30 PM

R286, I heard two working titles for Dee's spinoff; Sutton Place and Manhattan LIves

by Anonymousreply 295September 30, 2023 4:31 PM

I must be confusing something. I thought Claire Labine's show Heart & Soul was about 2 families who shared a wall in a brownstone. An Italian family and a black family. The black family were Jazz musicians or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 296September 30, 2023 4:34 PM

R292 So silly 😁 I'm wondering if they'll have trouble recasting Spencer like they are with the Molly's; it seems that NAC's exit for the Ryan Murphy project could occur closer to his contract being up for renewal, so instead of taking a break, he might just vacate without the need for a leave. He has apparently also been instructed to promote GH again by his team, after "allegedly" being told to ease off of it, so it's interesting he's been given the greenlight.

by Anonymousreply 297September 30, 2023 4:55 PM

R293 Threesome? Between Alex, Allie and Chanel?

by Anonymousreply 298September 30, 2023 4:57 PM

R294 Thanks. Yeah that's very graphic however justified for the sake of the story and it's context. I wasn't watching during Margo's rape, yet I've heard that it was a good story, with Ellen receiving credit, even though Margaret Colin and Hillary B. Smith were many of the viewers preferred Margo's (Colleen Zenk even named her favorite, for she stated that Margaret was "her Margo") while Glynnis O'Connor's Margo wasn't exactly well received. No surprise here that won; was it for Felicia's alcoholism?

by Anonymousreply 299September 30, 2023 5:04 PM

R295 Sutton Place, that's a nice title. The fact that they vacillated between that one and Manhattan Lives then again with Body & Soul seems that ML was probably where they were going to go with it. Sutton Place, also Body & Soul for that matter, have more of a prime-time feel to them on their titles.

by Anonymousreply 300September 30, 2023 5:14 PM

R296 No you're not confusing anything 😁 looks like we're talking about the same show:

"In 1993, Claire Labine returned to daytime as head writer of General Hospital. She brought the show much critical acclaim, and won her seventh daytime Emmy for Outstanding Writing for her work on the show. She chose to depart the show in early 1996. During this time, she created a proposed General Hospital spinoff, Heart & Soul, about two families, one black, one white, both show business families. The black family was three generations of jazz musicians. Next door was a theatrical family. The show was not picked up by ABC or NBC; Wendy Riche's Port Charles was ABC's choice instead."

Ned & Lois most likely would have managed the families, with the Cerullo's being incorporated in

by Anonymousreply 301September 30, 2023 5:25 PM

Unless the Cerullo's themselves were the opposite family to the jazz musicians on the ABC version. Obviously she couldn't bring Ned & Lois to NBC 😁 so the theatrical family was more than likely on the NBC version she pitched to them.

by Anonymousreply 302September 30, 2023 5:31 PM

R298 Yes. In an interview, Rob Wilson (Alex) mentioned that Days had hired a (female) intimacy coordinator to do that scene with him and the two actresses. .. Also, this coordinator seems to be doing more there, since Paul Telfer (Xander on Days) has also mentioned a coordinator and made it sound like she comes in as required. .. I assume it's the woman at link, since she mentions Days in her resume, as well as General Hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303September 30, 2023 6:24 PM

Days has way more frequent love scenes than GH, so I would guess her services are required more often by the former.

by Anonymousreply 304September 30, 2023 7:25 PM

R299, yes, Dano won for the alcoholism.

I won a pool going with her and everyone else went with Dolan. But the star of that story was the story. How Marland never won for writing ATWt is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 305September 30, 2023 7:36 PM

More on Liz La Mura

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306September 30, 2023 7:38 PM

Port Charles' Matt, played by gorgeous Mitch Langley, was revealed to be in a witness relocation program but in the pilot he talked to his parents on the phone.

No. Just no. The writing on that show was all over the place. It could have succeeded with better continuity not only with GH but within itself.

They would have been really smart to have brought Denise Alexander as Dr. Lesley Webber over to manage the interns. Her motherly love for Laura and taking the blame for Laura killing David Hamilton catapulted GH from the bottom of the ratings to the top in 1978.

by Anonymousreply 307September 30, 2023 7:41 PM

R303 Did they're threesome take place often, or was it a one night thing? I remember Alex suggesting it, although by the time it actually occurred, I wasn't watching. Did this take place on Peacock? Thanks.

Also, for anyone who's not into DOOL, actress Raven Bowens (Chanel No. 2) almost landed on GH as Trina. After original Trina, Tiana Le's exit, it came down to Sydney Makayla, Raven Bowens, and Tabyana Ali as their third option. Raven ended up on DOOL after Precious Way (Chanel No. 1) vacated for a pilot. GH wanted Raven after Sydney left, however they went with Tabyana only after Raven was no longer available, because of DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 308September 30, 2023 8:08 PM

R304 Right. That's because CVE & DOC seem to have an aversion to love scenes 😁 very few & far between.

by Anonymousreply 309September 30, 2023 8:14 PM

La Mura was an automatic reminder to Mark La Mura, didn't know that was her husband

by Anonymousreply 310September 30, 2023 8:16 PM

R305 Even though it was awhile ago, congratulations on your pool win 😁 yeah I pretty much figured that it was the story itself that was bigger. Douglas Marland didn't ever win an Emmy? Wow that's crazy

by Anonymousreply 311September 30, 2023 8:21 PM

R308 The threesome only happened once, and it aired on Peacock during the October 10, 2022 episode. (So if you have Peacock, it should still be there for about another week, as the streamer's license with Sony allows them to have it for a calendar year.)

This probably wasn't a Peacock thing, however, since Days' production schedule is well over six months out, and the scene would have already been filmed months before the soap's announcement that they were moving to Peacock (August 2022) and started airing there (September 2022).

by Anonymousreply 312September 30, 2023 8:41 PM

R307 The writing for Port Charles was disjointed. How did you feel about it when they switched over to the 13-week Telenovela style book format?

Initially it seemed like they tried to follow GH although not in terms of continuity. They were deemed boring while also unfortunately being up against Y&R in most markets.

by Anonymousreply 313September 30, 2023 8:48 PM

R312 Thanks for the information. Right, that wasn't a Peacock thing since it happened last October. Anything that aired in or around the start of February this year was all Peacock

by Anonymousreply 314September 30, 2023 8:52 PM

Thank you, R301. ❤️👍😊

by Anonymousreply 315September 30, 2023 8:57 PM

Would the Ned and Lois spinoff have included Jane Elliot?

When Morgan Fairchild left The City, the show brought in Jane Elliot as Tracy Q to be the show's rich bitch. However, Jane was there less than 6 months as ABC cancelled The City in early 1997 to make room for the new GH spinoff that would debut in June 1997.

So, since Tracy Q was in NYC and married into the Mob at the end of The City, would she have then moved over to the Ned and Lois series?

by Anonymousreply 316September 30, 2023 11:44 PM

R315 You're most welcome ❤️

by Anonymousreply 317October 1, 2023 9:59 PM

R316 Almost certain she would've been, although since she was living on the East Coast at that time, guest appearances would've been more likely. They were planning to incorporate her time on The City when they revealed that Johnny was the son of her ex-husband, Gino Soleito (if I'm remembering his name correctly) with a whole storyline arc including members of the Soleito family (Michael was going to fall in love with Gino's granddaughter (or niece) Gina Soleito (who was almost cast, until FV & RC took over, for these were Garin & Shelly's ideas)

by Anonymousreply 318October 1, 2023 10:07 PM

GH is pre-empted on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week for major league baseball, according to my cable company's TV schedule.

by Anonymousreply 319October 1, 2023 10:33 PM

Some highlights of Gonzo Gregory's interview:

He grew up on Catalina Island, his family ran glass bottom boat tours. Doris Day and Rod Taylor did Glass Bottom Boat movie there based on his family, Rod played his father.

Drafted during Vietnam war, was a conscientious objector, served as a Medic and refused to carry weapon. Was held in a cell when he wasn't working because he refused to declare a religion, religion being only grounds for objecting at that time, said he objected on moral grounds not religious.

A drunk Jason Robards told him had talent which prompted him to go to Hollywood.

He was an addict, 36 years sober, went to Betty Ford.

Does mushrooms now for depression.

Used to play softball with Les Moonves when he was young, Les got him the job on Falcon Crest.

Mo predicts Gregory will be nominated for Emmy next year for ALS story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320October 2, 2023 3:59 AM

R319 They're supposedly doing a last minute scheduling change, so the pre-emption on 10/5 is now a regularly scheduled airing. Some felt that Monday's show had a lot of cliffhangers, since they weren't expected back for a few days. The previews for Thursday/Friday are:

10/5 Spencer and Trina affirm their feelings.

Sonny issues a threat.

Tracy has a slip of the tongue.

Valentin surprises Anna.

Sasha is in danger.

10/6 Michael and Willow ponder a decision.

Carly is shaken.

Anna makes a request.

Nina shares news with Valentin.

Kristina is filled with anticipation.

by Anonymousreply 321October 3, 2023 3:49 AM

[quote]Sasha is in danger.

Right when they're getting to the good part of this storyline.

by Anonymousreply 322October 3, 2023 4:54 AM

Previews for next week:

10/9 Chase opens up.

Nina gets a welcome surprise.

Finn warns Gregory.

Cyrus suffers a setback.

Lucy makes a big decision.

10/10 Stella acclimates Felicia.

Lois returns to Port Charles.

Trina catches up with Curtis and Marshall.

Elizabeth makes a confession.

Spencer gets an update on Nikolas.

10/11 Josslyn is blindsided.

Concerns about Ava grow.

Austin is blackmailed.

Willow is unsettled.

Scott takes on a new client.

10/12 Selina visits Curtis.

Portia shares career news.

Joss and Dex seek Spinelli's help.

Michael is left reeling.

Sonny and Nina's wedding day arrives.

10/13 Blaze surprises Kristina.

Sasha makes a revelation.

Carly opens up to Sam.

Michael plays dirty.

Maxie and Lucy consider naming a new face of Deception.

by Anonymousreply 323October 3, 2023 12:31 PM

From Nathan Varni:

A General Hospital program update: GH will be taking a few days off as ABC plans to air some MLB games Oct. 3/4 in the afternoon. Thursday is TBD (only if an extra game is needed). New episodes will return either Thursday or Friday. More updates to follow! Have a great week!

by Anonymousreply 324October 3, 2023 4:38 PM

What story did RS win her Emmy for? Isn’t that the year JZ was nominated for BJ’s heart? Hard to imagine the panel ignoring that performance.

by Anonymousreply 325October 3, 2023 5:03 PM

R325 Rena won for the Ned Ashton/Eddie Maine bigamist story. Correct that's when Jackie was nominated for BJ's heart. Rena's comedic/dramatic performance was more of what seemed to attract voters that year.

by Anonymousreply 326October 4, 2023 11:49 PM

Programming Note: GH will be back on the air 10/5 (since the Texas Rangers won their two out of three series against the Tampa Bay Rays).

by Anonymousreply 327October 4, 2023 11:54 PM

Fun fact for those who weren't watching back then, Ellen Travolta (John Travolta's sister) portrayed Lois' mother, Gloria Cerullo (on a recurring basis).

by Anonymousreply 328October 5, 2023 12:00 AM

Jackie should have won for her first year on GH; one moment, you wanted to strangle Bobbie for her abuse of poor (murderer) Laura Webber. She threatened to have Judge Stallman send Laura off to reform school. She goaded Laura into attacking her in the hospital book room where Laura volunteered. Bobbie was a top nursing student but she called in sick one day and made herself a huge bowl of popcorn so she could sit home and watch the first day of the David Hamilton/Lesley Webber murder trial. (Bitch!)

The next, Bobbie saw her whole world about to implode when Cal Jamison, former john, came to Port Charles and was ready to expose her past as a call girl. Dan Rooney, Jessie's boyfriend, offered to lend Bobbie the $500 (!!!) she needed to pay him off. Bobbie refused it at first but then broke down in tears; she couldn't believe anyone would love her enough to do that.

Jackie was instrumental in bringing GH from the bottom of the ratings to the No. 2 spot in 1978. She also nailed it when Bobbie ripped into Carly (Sarah Brown). There have been four Carly's (technically) but the only true mother/daughter duo I believed were Jackie and Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 329October 5, 2023 7:23 AM

R329 That's a really nice history lesson of Bobbie Spencer. She toned down her behavior by the 80's, becoming somewhat of a heroine, even having audiences root for her in the domestic violence storyline with D.L. Brock, resulting in her losing their baby, causing her to have a hysterectomy, if I'm not mistaken.

Jennifer Bransford is definitely the third Carly, so right there have been four, no matter how some try to spin it (including Frank, who counts Laura Wright as the third Carly; however he's probably just bitter that Jennifer turned down the offer he made with Ron to have her join Sarah and Tamara in the "All My Carly's" special anniversary episode in 2014)

by Anonymousreply 330October 5, 2023 4:03 PM

Speaking of technically having four Carly's, Laura Wright shut down "rumors" that she was on her way out, making way for a fifth Carly by saying she'll stay "as long as we'll have her." She's been accused of fabricating these rumors to garner attention.

by Anonymousreply 331October 5, 2023 4:06 PM

That’s unfortunate! Someone new in the role could give Carly the revamp the character so desperately needs! I’d love Sarah Or Tamara back in the role but I could see a Gina T or someone like that really bringing new life to Carly.

by Anonymousreply 332October 5, 2023 4:38 PM

Loved Jackie/Bobbie with Sarah/Carly but the best mother daughter dynamic was with Tamara’s Carly IMO. Again never bought it with LW.

by Anonymousreply 333October 5, 2023 4:39 PM

I know DL thinks Sprina has no chemistry but this gif of their sex scene has almost 500k views on Twitter, with quote tweets by people overseas claiming to be bingeing their scenes on YouTube.

Even if you think the chemistry isn’t there, there’s no denying that the centralization of a dark-skinned black actress as a romantic lead is striking a chord with the disproportionately black soap audience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334October 5, 2023 4:44 PM

Can't stand LW and her perpetual snarl. She strikes me as one of those actors who is not really acting but just being herself.

If the story I read here years ago about her having the Dylan actor sacked is true than I dislike her even more. Supposedly after her divorce she was looking for a younger man to make her ex jealous and Dylan actor declined her advances and her fragile ego couldn't handle it. She did find herself a younger man after that and then inflicted him upon the GH viewers for 4.5 years.

by Anonymousreply 335October 5, 2023 4:51 PM

R332 Completely agree. LW seems determined to stay, even if/when they're moved to a streaming service, I'm pretty sure she'll go along with them. Ironically, GT almost was cast as Carly; back in 2001, Sarah was ready to leave, after five years. She was originally planning to leave in 2000, however the network convinced her to stay, since they had/expected high profile exits (Jonathan Jackson, Steve Burton, Ingo Rademacher, for example) so she agreed and signed on for another year. The network, along with new incoming EP Jill tried to convince her to resign, yet she politely declined. Jill wanted to bring in either Robin Christopher or Gina Tognoni in as Carly, yet Felicia Minei-Behr blocked her, for she felt that they were both too recognizable as Skye and Kelly, in addition to her having issues with Jill for decimating OLTL, among other things. A disgruntled Jill had no choice but to recast Carly after holding a casting call, where she ultimately went with Tamara Braun, saying that "the show must go on."

by Anonymousreply 336October 5, 2023 5:00 PM

*That should say re-sign, not resign at R336

by Anonymousreply 337October 5, 2023 5:02 PM

R333 Never really bought that dynamic between LW with Jackie either. That's actually what a lot of people have stated

by Anonymousreply 338October 5, 2023 5:04 PM

R334 Outside of here and a few commenters on other sites who can't stand them together, Sprina really are wildly popular. They're even more popular than Joss/Dex, which is Frank's favorite younger couple (the temp writers/producers seem to even favor Sprina over Jex, for they've focused more on Sprina than Jex since the permanent writers were out- especially Elizabeth Korte, who loves Carly and her offspring)

by Anonymousreply 339October 5, 2023 5:08 PM

R335 LMAO that's something a lot of people have a problem with, her snarl, smug faces, sense of superiority, along with noticing that she's essentially playing herself and not Carly.

I've heard that story too. Supposedly, there was a spin placed on that story about Robert Palmer Watkins wanting to temporarily exit to film a movie, so Frank agreed to it, only for Frank to fire him shortly after he returned, which many found odd. There's been rumors of LW cheating on her husband (or trying to cheat with younger men) ever since her days on Guiding Light. Eventually her husband was the one who filed for divorce, leaving her "devastated" and leaning on Kelly Monaco heavily for support, until reconnecting with Wes, which some are accusing of only using her for money (he's claimed that he's wanted her since they were on GL together, although he had too much respect for her and her marriage)

by Anonymousreply 340October 5, 2023 5:18 PM

Fun fact: NLG blocked me!

I don't know why.

I've never followed her, replied to any of her tweets or engaged with her in any manner whatsoever in my or anyone else's tweets.

I can only assume that since she's an avid Harry & Meghan supporter and I am not that she must have read something I said about H&M and decided I wasn't her cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 341October 5, 2023 6:33 PM

[quote]Outside of here and a few commenters on other sites who can't stand them together, Sprina really are wildly popular.

I don't think it's just the few here who notice the lack of chemistry, on the GH sub-reddit those who pointed it out were ganged up on and silenced. Same with twitter. People have just learned to keep their mouths shut or be called racist.

He's a good actor but not good enough an actor to pull off being attracted to a woman. He didn't have chemistry with AKP either. I wonder if he's gay. She is too short and they don't look right together. Not because of her skin color but because of her height. The Sprina army who claim she is the new short and tiny Susan Lucci make me laugh. Also, I find her raspy baby voice off putting.

Also no chemistry: Liz and Finn. That situation needs to be euthanized STAT. Who is behind this snooze fest pairing, Frank or the writers? And I can't stand Michael Easton's voice either.

by Anonymousreply 342October 5, 2023 7:05 PM

Look at my armpit, America. LOVE MY ARMPIT!

by Anonymousreply 343October 5, 2023 7:19 PM

R342 I've seen a strong distaste for them on other sites too beyond this one, not the Reddit one, though it's out there, so I'm not just saying its only here. However, on the flip side, I've seen that they have a strong fanbase too, especially among African-American women and like R334 stated, outside of the United States. Racism aside, because I've seen those messages too (Tabyana has even admitted to receiving racist hate mail, which prompted NAC to come to her defense) I've seen a lot of everything you've mentioned- he seems uncomfortable doing love scenes with women, he seems gay, he's too big for her, she's too short, her raspy baby voice is annoying, her acting isn't as good as Sydney's, so it's polarizing in a sense. Especially when you have that group of fans who paid for that plane to fly across the GH studios with that banner announcing how much they love Sprina, with some comparing them to Luke & Laura or Nikolas & Gia, then you have others who can't stand them. Love them or hate them, they're more buzzworthy than Joss and Dex, who some complain only have sex or discuss Sonny

by Anonymousreply 344October 5, 2023 8:05 PM

Nancy can be a tad bit much, yet she was actually one of the few people who were nice to Billy Miller when we was at GH.

That's most likely why she blocked you, because of Harry & Meghan 😆 R341 especially since she was so close to Meghan and her father when he used to bring her to the set

by Anonymousreply 345October 5, 2023 8:07 PM

Fans paid for the skywriting??

I did not know that. I thought it was Frank.

Good grief. People must have money to burn.

by Anonymousreply 346October 5, 2023 8:29 PM

I'm surprised Disney lets Joss and Dex get away with screwing like rabbits without mentioning protection. Same now with Sprina, did they mention protection? Or will another little Cassadine be Spencer's parting gift to Trina when NAC leaves for greener pastures? Trina and her baby can have playdates with Esme and Ace. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 347October 5, 2023 8:34 PM

R342 Frank and the writers brought Liz and Finn together, however at a recent fan club event Michael Easton held (including a joint one with Josh Swickard) ME "allegedly" hinted that he wasn't happy with his pairing and that he wanted out. He also said that he'd like to work with Maura West more.

by Anonymousreply 348October 5, 2023 10:13 PM

R346 A lot suspected that it was Frank who did that 😆 apparently it was the fans. Frank is more invested in Jex

by Anonymousreply 349October 5, 2023 10:14 PM

I'm surprised ME even alluded to it. But he's buddies with Frank so he won't get put in time out like Tristan. Honestly, I don't think even Ava could make Finn interesting. Maybe ME has lived his nine lives on GH and Finn just needs to exit when Gregory does.

Austin can be salvaged if they make him Cyrus' son and Laura and Martin's nephew. Otherwise RoHo needs to also exit stage left. The whole Austin is Q was a big fat fail.

Bring back a properly recast Nik and/or Lucky for Liz. I've fallen out of love with AH. Weird facial expressions and a contorting of his mouth he didn't do his first time around. Did he get new veneers that are too big for his mouth? Why is he talking like that??

by Anonymousreply 350October 5, 2023 10:26 PM

[quote] I've fallen out of love with AH. Weird facial expressions and a contorting of his mouth he didn't do his first time around. Did he get new veneers that are too big for his mouth? Why is he talking like that??

Translation please. Who is AH?

by Anonymousreply 351October 5, 2023 10:38 PM

Adam Huss aka NuNik or TempNik or InterimNik or ColomaRefusedToFilmHisLastScenesSoWeGotThisGuyNik.

by Anonymousreply 352October 5, 2023 10:47 PM

Adam Huss was far far better than Marcus Coloma, but I don't think he'd be right for Nikolas on a permanent basis.

I agree. He has some weird facial expressions. Yes he contorts his mouth in weird ways and grits his teeth together in show how angry he is. None of that is to-the-manor-born, ultra-entitled Nikolas.

by Anonymousreply 353October 5, 2023 11:53 PM

R329, Tamara and Jackie had a great onscreen relationship too. I loved their Carly and Bobbie. Tamara was very close to Jackie offscreen as well. Her IG post after JZ’s death was very touching.

by Anonymousreply 354October 6, 2023 5:31 PM

Michael Easton has been a flop in every character on GH. Frank needs to let him go and free up the money to keep Rena Sofer around. Rebecca Herbst has a great romantic track record as Liz. She can have chemistry with a brick wall but even she can save Fiz. They’re wasting her and Liz on this stale pairing.

Easton is a flop. Put his salary to good use.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355October 6, 2023 5:36 PM

Racist FB grannies hate Sprina. Jex fans hang out on Reddit. It’s obvious why they’d have heavy naysayers there. The truth is, Sprina is wildly popular with many viewers but Frank isn’t interested. Days promoted the hell out of “Cin”. GH should be doing the same with this young couple. They do extremely well with social media interactions. The problem is they aren’t Jex and that’s who Frank wants to be popular. However, Eden McCoy has never had chemistry with males.

by Anonymousreply 356October 6, 2023 5:40 PM

Oh the racist accusations are tiresome.

Maybe the reason FV favors Jex is because he as a gay man he can discern that love scenes are not NAC's strong suit?

Jex aren't even on that much anyway. Doesn't the Snarly Jr. actress attend college?

by Anonymousreply 357October 6, 2023 6:02 PM

Eden dropped out of USC and gave up her full ride beach volleyball scholarship after about a year of attending R357. Her screen time only dwindled when the temp writers came on and Korte was out.

And the racism accusations are probably tiresome because you’re probably not Black. Imagine how sick of them Tabyana is. There has been a lot of colorism and racism and micro aggressions on social media since she’s taken over the role. Sprina has only gotten this far because of their fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 358October 6, 2023 8:00 PM

I know that soap fans are behind the times when it comes to interracial and gay relationships on soaps, especially on Facebook, but I find it interesting that Johnny and Chanel on Days have not experienced this. Those two actors have genuine soap opera romantic chemistry and all the fans seem to genuinely want them together.

by Anonymousreply 359October 6, 2023 8:18 PM

Before Raven Bowers was cast as Chanel on Days, she auditioned from Trina on GH. She was one of the finalists for the part that originally went to Sydney Mikayla.

by Anonymousreply 360October 6, 2023 8:25 PM

[quote]I know that soap fans are behind the times when it comes to interracial and gay relationships on soaps, especially on Facebook, but I find it interesting that Johnny and Chanel on Days have not experienced this.

But Days fans had Will and Sonny on their TV screen steadily since 2011. So, they've had lots of time to adjust.

by Anonymousreply 361October 6, 2023 8:28 PM

A lot of the Sprina trolls actually wanted Spencer with Josslyn when NAC first showed up.

by Anonymousreply 362October 6, 2023 9:15 PM

Seeing the clip of Rena Sofer returning I had forgotten how much I hated her 26 years ago. Such a stereotype. I'm surprised Lois hasn't changed her name to Snooki. I did enjoy Rena on BB occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 363October 6, 2023 10:03 PM

Doesn't Rena Sofer have. a restraining order or something against Wally Kurth? How is he going to play Ned?

by Anonymousreply 364October 6, 2023 11:18 PM

[quote]And the racism accusations are probably tiresome because you’re probably not Black. Imagine how sick of them Tabyana is. There has been a lot of colorism and racism and micro aggressions on social media since she’s taken over the role. Sprina has only gotten this far because of their fanbase.

I don't dispute that she has been on the receiving end of vile comments or that there is a faction that is racist. My point is that not all the viewers who aren't enthralled with the pairing are racist. It is in fact possible to dislike someone or something that involves a black person and not be a racist. But it is futile and risky to try and make this point.

It is mandatory to like Sprina or you are racist. Got it! Consider me silenced on the matter like many others.

by Anonymousreply 365October 6, 2023 11:35 PM

This 50 yo Jersey Shore persona ain't gonna be nearly as cute as it was 25 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 366October 6, 2023 11:43 PM

R364 Doesn't sound like Rena has any problem with Wally. Listen to interview with Maurice from December 2022. She talks a little about Wally after the 19:15 minute mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367October 7, 2023 4:09 AM

Wish GH would bring Ryan Carnes back as Lucas in time for the Bobbie death sl ? He should be on contract and front and center. Sucks a core family character and a doctor is sidelined for being a gay character?!

by Anonymousreply 368October 7, 2023 8:02 PM

Show has to bring Lucas back, at least long enough for Bobbie's funeral.

If show is smart, they'll have Lucky come back for his aunt's funeral and then stay in town.

by Anonymousreply 369October 7, 2023 11:51 PM

[quote]Doesn't sound like Rena has any problem with Wally.

I've always gotten the impression the animosity was largely on Wally's part, not Rena's.

Not saying Rena doesn't have any bad feelings, but from the reports I've heard over the years (mostly here on DL), Wally is the one who's angrier.

by Anonymousreply 370October 7, 2023 11:54 PM

I've heard from many places that Rena is a HUGE bitch

by Anonymousreply 371October 7, 2023 11:57 PM

Rena is a strong personality; passive aggressive. I am not a fan of the Claire Labine era on GH.

Ironically, Eden is so popular she's probably ensuring LW's job; I can't see her playing daughter to Braun or any other Carly -- maybe Branson.

It must feel great to be in Franks' favor; I'd hate to be out of it.

Howarth is a bust; he yells more than anyone I know on soaps; yells yells yells. Yelled as Todd as Paul and all his GH characters.

I think black audiences feel so disenfranchised that they're over the moon about Sprina -- despite the lack of chemistry and her appeal as a leading lady. But who am I to say that? If audiences love her, they love her.

Overall, I think GH is light years better than the other three soaps. Y&R makes no sense. These Newman media other media companies war battles mean nothing. There's no emotional connection. I guess Ashley's gone; has anyone noticed?

This story with Eric on B&B is good but Hope falling in love with the man who lied about her baby and Hope believing that Liam was in love with Steffy all along makes no sense.

Days. I heard John got another family. Andre once quipped: Ah, John Black. the man with so many origins but no personality.

by Anonymousreply 372October 8, 2023 12:09 AM

Grahn hits the block key a lot; I've heard she doesn't even think when she does it leaving true admirers wondering what they did wrong.

Tabyana gave a nice interview about Sprina's romance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373October 8, 2023 12:17 AM

I’m white and I find Tabyana absolutely beguiling, way better than Sydney Mikayla, who was fine but in a Disney Channel kind of way. Part of what makes her and NAC compelling is that they don’t seem like actors who will be on a soap in five years—unlike Eden and Evan, who you can totally see being the stars of GH in 2040 if it’s still on. That’s not a value judgment; all four are talented, but the Sprina actors feel less predictable.

And despite its flaws, I agree with R372 that GH is easily the best remaining soap. The CBS shows are a snooze, and while Days has its gonzo charm, the budget limitations are really killing it—no more than two actors per scene, very few sets, even the same handful of background actors in every scene. At a certain point you can’t look past the seams showing.

by Anonymousreply 374October 8, 2023 4:20 AM

[quote] the reports I've heard over the years (mostly here on DL), Wally is the one who's angrier.

They get along well enough to get together to celebrate their adult daughter's birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375October 8, 2023 4:37 AM

[quote]Overall, I think GH is light years better than the other three soaps.

Completely agree. Of the four soaps, GH is far and away the best both story-wise and production-wise.

Is it as great as it was in the 80s and 90s? No. Far from it. But in this era of declining viewership and limited budgets, GH pulls it all together the best.

by Anonymousreply 376October 9, 2023 12:02 AM

Frank, Korte, Chris and Dan should’ve been canned years ago.

by Anonymousreply 377October 9, 2023 1:56 AM

Previews for the rest of this week & next week:

10/10

Stella acclimates Felicia.

Lois returns to Port Charles.

Trina catches up with Curtis and Marshall.

Elizabeth makes a confession.

Spencer gets an update on Nikolas.

10/11

Josslyn is blindsided.

Concerns about Ava grow.

Austin is blackmailed.

Willow is unsettled.

Scott takes on a new client.

10/12

Selina visits Curtis.

Portia shares career news.

Joss and Dex seek Spinelli's help.

Michael is left reeling.

Sonny and Nina's wedding day arrives.

10/13

Blaze surprises Kristina.

Sasha makes a revelation.

Carly opens up to Sam.

Michael plays dirty.

Maxie and Lucy consider naming a new face of Deception.

10/16

Lois meets Chase.

Eddie gets a talking-to.

Josslyn panics.

Cyrus issues a warning.

Ava is in grave danger.

10/17

Lois confronts Tracy.

Austin interrogates Dex.

Blaze opens up to Kristina.

Portia and Curtis confront their issues.

Carly updates Sonny.

10/18

Finn makes a romantic proposition.

Felicia counsels Maxie.

Valentin confides in Laura.

Portia confronts Jordan.

Gregory has reservations.

10/19

Alexis is disheartened.

Spencer and Esme argue.

Dante is frustrated.

Valentin surprises Charlotte.

Robert and Diane have a heart-to-heart.

10/20

Brook Lynn is stunned.

Cody voices his gratitude.

Tracy flexes her authority.

Portia and Cyrus come face to face.

Sonny confronts Selina.

10/16

Lois meets Chase

Eddie gets a talking-to.

by Anonymousreply 378October 10, 2023 11:29 AM

Rumors are that talks fell through between Frank and Ted King, so he's not on his way back to GH at this time. Supposedly, he was going to be Pikeman (or at least played an important part in that storyline)

by Anonymousreply 379October 10, 2023 11:39 AM

Fans are commenting about how the pace is faster among the temp writers and how they're wrapping up storylines quicker than the main writers, who some say have constantly prolonged resolving things while also neglecting characters for others.

by Anonymousreply 380October 10, 2023 11:47 AM

NAC started trending on Twitter/X after it came to fans attention that he wasn't out with some of his GH co-stars, nor has he engaged with Tabyana as much as he used to on social media, or shared anything that has much to do with GH. They're seeing how he's pretty much checked out of GH. Tabyana caught wind of the attention and shared a photo of herself with NAC as a way to dispel rumors, although some believe she just did that to save face and protect him from any fan backlash.

by Anonymousreply 381October 10, 2023 4:54 PM

This is why engaging with fans on social media is such a trap; it creates these crazy parasocial relationships with fans who don’t understand that their faves use their accounts to carefully cultivate an image.

by Anonymousreply 382October 10, 2023 5:39 PM

Rena's first episode back, slated for today, delayed due to news preemptions....should be on tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 383October 10, 2023 11:06 PM

GH looks good and the acting is typically good, but for the most part it is not the best soap. All the soaps are in a serious slump brought on by budgets, neglect, and a lack of an investment of fresh creative voices and talent.

by Anonymousreply 384October 10, 2023 11:22 PM

[quote]GH looks good and the acting is typically good, but for the most part it is not the best soap.

So, which soap is the best r384?

by Anonymousreply 385October 11, 2023 12:24 AM

[quote]So, which soap is the best [R384]?

None of them are the best R385. They're all doing the bare minimum to just stay above water. GH seems like a pit of dysfunction behind the scenes. All BB cares about is its foreign market. YR is an embarrassment. And Days is written by someone who just wants to bring back 80s nighttime soaps. All 4 shows are just wasted potential. They just need need people who want to tell compelling, provocative stories on the cheap.

by Anonymousreply 386October 11, 2023 12:41 AM

Yes, we all know that. All of the shows have been on life support for the last 10-15 years.

by Anonymousreply 387October 11, 2023 1:19 AM

I think GH can still be genuinely good or I would have stopped watching. The others, not so much, although Days can be funny and the guys are hot.

by Anonymousreply 388October 11, 2023 1:43 AM

I'm never bored, angered or disappointed by DAYS. GH works to distract from a lack of satisfying resolutions by running too many storylines concurrently.

by Anonymousreply 389October 11, 2023 10:33 AM

Since Rena's creating all this buzz with her return, anyone seeing a possible bump slightly in the ratings? Frank might want to keep her around seeing how he's an attention whore.

She said that Lois is probably one of the top three characters that she's ever played, so I'm guessing the other two are either Rocky on Loving or Eve on Melrose Place, and of course Quinn on B&B.

by Anonymousreply 390October 11, 2023 6:26 PM

Maurice's State Of Mind had Kate Mansi as a guest; they referenced Lexi, with Kate reiterating that she sent Lexi a text upon learning that she was replacing her. She also mentioned that her father suffers from bipolar disorder and that he's open about it as much as Maurice is, while also referencing her own bouts with anxiety and depression (which really hit close to home while she was going through a divorce during a DOOL stint) which she treats with Zoloft. She also sent Maurice a text to check up on him when they all learned about Billy Miller, even though she didn't personally know him, she knew that he had been on GH (Maurice mentioned that he's been providing support to an actress in regards to Billy, yet he wouldn't name her. Some are speculating it's either Becky or Elizabeth Hendrickson)

by Anonymousreply 391October 11, 2023 6:36 PM

Not Kelly Monaco?

by Anonymousreply 392October 12, 2023 9:33 AM

I thought Mo and Kelly didn’t really get along.

by Anonymousreply 393October 12, 2023 1:03 PM

[quote]Since Rena's creating all this buzz with her return, anyone seeing a possible bump slightly in the ratings? Frank might want to keep her around seeing how he's an attention whore.

I don't think there's been a strong clamoring for Lois to return. I'm sure she has her fans, but don't really think they've been waiting with baited breath for Lois to return to the screen.

I have no problem with Lois coming back for a visit for a few weeks. But not really wanting to see her in Port Charles full time.

by Anonymousreply 394October 13, 2023 1:22 AM

Nice production design and costuming today except for Sonny’s ill-fitting suit.

by Anonymousreply 395October 13, 2023 2:20 AM

R392 Saw speculation between Becky and Elizabeth, although Elizabeth seems more likely imo

R393 Supposedly she soured on him when his backstage antics with Steve (their "Good Ol' Boys Culture") had her side eyeing them both. There's a rumored story from back then of Kelly bringing up Steve's dick size, teasing him for having a small dick, which apparently rubbed Steve the wrong way, around the time she was contemplating leaving (2007/2008) iirc, which caused some slight friction between her and Steve, so with Maurice being his best friend on set, he wasn't too happy about that either.

For the most part, they're cordial, although Maurice seemed to like working with her more than she likes working with him; when she first joined, she specifically stated how he was her first choice among actors she wanted to work with there, either as a love interest, or even as a member of the mob, just to share scenes with him. Some took that as the proverbial ass-kissing required to appease Maurice, however, once she got to know him better, it seemed to be a different story (especially his mistreatment of Billy Miller).

She's had an off and on friendship with Laura Wright (they really became closer again after Laura's husband left her) while once being quoted as saying Becky Herbst is like her "third best friend" on set.

by Anonymousreply 396October 13, 2023 5:50 PM

R394 No I meant in regards to the media blitz surrounding her return, which seems to be more than expected, not as big as a Vanessa Marcil return, although it's being covered outside of soap circles. Outside of Sprina, along with backstage circumstances like when the writers were striking, or the revolving door of Molly's, they aren't generating too much buzz, so it would make sense for Frank to capitalize off of it. You're right in regards to the fans not exactly clamoring for her return in that sense, since it has been 26 years, I'm referencing the media attention.

by Anonymousreply 397October 13, 2023 5:59 PM

Rumor is that Frank and the producers were fine w/ Brooke Anne Smith as Molly, which is why there's limited screentime for Kristen Vaganos as Molly. Brooke Anne was "allegedly" bullied into leaving by disrespectful fans, forcing the recast.

by Anonymousreply 398October 13, 2023 6:04 PM

For those who were also interested in discussing the proposed Ned & Lois spinoff "Heart & Soul," ironically, that was also the name of a soap opera that none other than O.J. Simpson was apparently shopping around to network's (before their big trial, which many have accused of being the straw that broke the soap camel's back).

Gloria Monty also proposed a blue collar spinoff of GH to ABC, based on the Eckert family, with Tony Geary as the star. The plan was to introduce them on GH, then spin them off to their own soap. The Eckert's not being as popular as expected on GH, along with Gloria exiting, resulted in that plan not executing (ABC also preferred Luke over Bill Eckert)

by Anonymousreply 399October 13, 2023 6:16 PM

Another tidbit, had Heart & Soul joined the ABC lineup, Claire Labine was considering recasting Gloria Cerullo with Helen Gallagher (Maeve Ryan, Ryan's Hope; who Claire brought with her to OLTL for a brief stint as Dr. Maud Boylan in 1997/1998) or as another character on that show, had Ellen Travolta stayed on as Gloria.

by Anonymousreply 400October 13, 2023 6:22 PM

Permanent writers work should be onscreen around mid-November

by Anonymousreply 401October 13, 2023 6:31 PM

Seeing Dex, who is the most Boy Scoutish of mob henchmen, rough up a doctor in his own office was strangely arousing. I want to see more of the bad boy.

by Anonymousreply 402October 13, 2023 7:07 PM

I like that people stand up to the boys club. If it meant putting Burton in his small dick place I’m sure he had it coming. Even KMC stated Steve bullied the set. Kelly always seems to have a mind of her own. Not sure what to think of Laura Wright. The Boys Club sounds like during Guza tenure they were out of hand. Sad they pushed so many talented and likable people off this show.

by Anonymousreply 403October 13, 2023 9:00 PM

[quote]The Boys Club sounds like during Guza tenure they were out of hand. Sad they pushed so many talented and likable people off this show.

Even more disturbing is the fact the a female executive producer, JFP, allowed that good ol' boys club to exist on her watch.

But JFP always played favorite with the male actors rather than the females.

by Anonymousreply 404October 13, 2023 10:17 PM

you got that right R104; I'll never forget Jill standing in between Kale Brown and David Forsythe when Anna Holbrook is up on stage accepting her well deserved DT Emmy for playing Sharlene.

Boom. Anna's gone and the show's never the same and 3 years later the show is gone.

by Anonymousreply 405October 14, 2023 3:58 AM

oh my. Are Chad and Evan just friends?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406October 15, 2023 9:37 AM

Weird that everyone talks about Chad being the ultimate cutup and prankster on set when he gives the dreariest, most lifeless performance on the show.

by Anonymousreply 407October 15, 2023 3:32 PM

R403 Yeah KMC has always been vocal about the backstage shenanigans at GH, even what she saw as a child. She also refused to be paired with Steve again when she returned in 2005; she was initially approached by Frons, Guza, Pratt and Phelps with a big triangle planned for Robin/Jason/Sam, for which she immediately turned down. That's when they came up with the whole Robin/Patrick aka "Scribs" story. As for Laura Wright, she usually goes along with the "in-crowd" and likes to be the cheerleader, like she has a "boys will be boys" mentality. Kelly has always been close with a select few and not necessarily always around the majority of them.

by Anonymousreply 408October 16, 2023 1:15 PM

*Meant "Scrubs" not "Scribs" story at R408

by Anonymousreply 409October 16, 2023 1:17 PM

R404 Exactly. Exceptions were given to younger, especially blonde females, however she most often always favored her male actors, regardless of what show that she was on, she gave men a lot of leeway.

by Anonymousreply 410October 16, 2023 1:30 PM

[quote]Weird that everyone talks about Chad being the ultimate cutup and prankster on set when he gives the dreariest, most lifeless performance on the show.

The writing for Chad has always been (for lack of a better word) controlled. I'm not sure if it's the actor's abilities or someone behind the scenes saying that this character is not going to do x, y, and z. I think it's the latter. Michael should be one of the most complicated characters on the show, but they refuse to write him that way. Maybe it's an ABC decision.

by Anonymousreply 411October 16, 2023 1:36 PM

R406 Chad seems to play around like he plays for the same team. There's a reason why he seems to have more chemistry with his male co-stars. Is he really just playing? What's that old saying, "there's truth in jest?" 😉 😉 jkjk

by Anonymousreply 412October 16, 2023 1:36 PM

R407 Yeah he's nothing like Michael offscreen.

R411 Right it seems to be a behind the scenes issue, adding in Maurice, who's very protective when it comes to Chad/Michael. Remember when Drew Garrett was playing Michael, he was more mob-influenced, like a mini version of Uncle Jason. When they were forced to recast, they initially seemed to write to Chad's strengths, for he came on a little shy and unsure of himself, which was expected, especially since he was taking over from someone who was pretty well-liked by the actors, particularly Maurice (who wouldn't even talk to Chad outside of their scenes together for months on end). Ron tried to make Michael more of a Quartermaine, which Maurice outright rejected. So Frank has seemed to take the route of always playing it safe with Michael since then. For what its worth, Michael being upset with Sonny over the Nina situation had to have Maurice's approval; as someone here has already mentioned (by way of Carolyn Hennessey), Maurice is the only actor there who participates in the writers meetings, like he's part of the writing team.

by Anonymousreply 413October 16, 2023 2:01 PM

KMc actually called out a soap blog for writing that she claimed SBu was a bully onset. She’s always spoke of him very fondly and said he was tease her but there wasn’t anything malicious behind it. She’s always laughed about it in interviews.

As far as MB, I HIGHLY doubt he’s referring to Becky Herbst. It’s likely KeMo. She did isolate herself to BM during his time on the show but she was once into the whole “boys club” at one point like LW. She was quite thrilled to be in with Mo, Laura and Steve during the Jasam years.

by Anonymousreply 414October 16, 2023 2:10 PM

R414 Well KMC has long relationships with Steve, Vanessa and Maurice in more of a family sense, however she's still aware of their onset behavior. KMC seems to have a nostalgic outlook when it comes to them, along with her not necessarily being personally affected by what they did to others, though she was there when it was going on.

Make no mistake, when Kelly first arrived she was part of that little clique. However she also removed herself from time to time and distanced herself from all three of them.

by Anonymousreply 415October 16, 2023 2:34 PM

Should also mention that Kelly was extremely close to Steve and Maurice when she first joined, while Tamara, Alicia and Ted had their own group, which was considered the other side.

Now there's speculation Ted King might still be in talks to return, after there were rumors his initial meeting with Frank (which Ted leaked on his own) didn't exactly seal any deals.

by Anonymousreply 416October 16, 2023 2:47 PM

that pic of Chad and Evan is weird; why is Chad leering at him that way.

If he's really into him, why share that?

If he's making fun of gays finding Evan hot...why do that?

by Anonymousreply 417October 16, 2023 3:38 PM

it's amazing how actors have story approval.

"my character would never do this"

You didn't pull that stuff with the legends like Bell, Nixon, and Marland.

by Anonymousreply 418October 16, 2023 3:54 PM

[quote]Remember when Drew Garrett was playing Michael, he was more mob-influenced, like a mini version of Uncle Jason. When they were forced to recast, they initially seemed to write to Chad's strengths,

Refresh my memory, please. Why was it that Drew Garrett was replace with Chad. I thought Drew was very good in a complicated and dark Guza plot.

by Anonymousreply 419October 16, 2023 5:06 PM

I can only imagine what the writers meetings must be like if stuttering Maurice gets to sit in on them and offer his opinions.

by Anonymousreply 420October 16, 2023 5:07 PM

Josh Kelly looks refreshed, like he bought into the JPS Botox plan. Still hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 421October 16, 2023 6:31 PM

Duell was the one with the rumored Dick of Death.

And a remarkably short marriage to a woman.....

by Anonymousreply 422October 16, 2023 6:55 PM

R418 Damn straight. Even Susan Lucci and Eric Braeden have dealt with writers and storyline plots that weren't to their liking, yet they still buckled down and went along with it.

Charles Pratt spoke with each actor individually when he took over as head writer at All My Children, personally informing them that whatever they knew of their character up to that point, throw it out of the window, because he was going to write them on whatever direction he saw fit. Now that might not have necessarily been the right way to go about it, yet by him being their head writer, they didn't have much of a choice (especially with Pratt being so close to Brian Frons, who handpicked him for that particular position)

Eric would speak out, of course, yet he still had to grin and bear it. Susan really had a problem with Sarah Michelle Gellar, so when she told the show, "It's either her, or me," that was more of her feeling that they were trying to replace her with Sarah Michelle, after giving them 25 years at that time.

Neither of them have ever seemed to reach Maurice's level of input, which some have said is due to his mental issues (although some are tired of him using that as an excuse).

by Anonymousreply 423October 16, 2023 9:20 PM

R419 The rumors back then were that he was very unprofessional, showing up to the set later than when he was supposed to, not always knowing his lines, holding up production and also "possibly" being on drugs (weed) which were all too much for Jill/Brian. He had several actors advocating on his behalf to not fire him (Maurice was his biggest advocate) although that wasn't enough for Jill. She knew that Maurice would take it hardest, so that's why she took it upon herself to tell him. Chad was next in line after Drew during the audition process, so Jill immediately brought him in after she fired Drew.

by Anonymousreply 424October 16, 2023 9:32 PM

I would have expected another soap to pickup Drew Garrett after GH fired him. He's certainly a talented actor (much more so than Chad). Am really suprised that Days or Y&R didn't grab him.

He hasn't done a lot since JFP fired him, although he did have a gig on a series called Youthful Daze.

I really would have expected him to have had a bigger career. Perhaps his problems were more than just being unprofessional on the job (something many young actors suffer from).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425October 16, 2023 9:52 PM

R420 😆 😆😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 426October 16, 2023 10:00 PM

R427 Ironically, he was rumored to be a recast Morgan back in 2019, when there were rumors of Morgan possibly coming back (since Maurice was against anyone other than Bryan Craig as Morgan, Drew would've most likely been the exception) yet Frank wasn't interested in Bryan (who wanted to come back at one point) or really anyone else for that matter as Morgan (guess he felt thst ship had sailed since Maurice steadfastly refused a Morgan recast when Bryan initially left in 2016).

Drew seems to still be impacted by his time on GH, he also regularly interacted with fans in regards to his time on there. He also favors a younger Steve; him and Steve really look like family from your pic

by Anonymousreply 427October 16, 2023 10:49 PM

I used to see Drew Garrett at the 24 Hour Fitness in Hollywood. He’s a striking guy.

by Anonymousreply 428October 16, 2023 10:58 PM

I don't think a lot of people realize this, but the shows talk. Ken Corday will call Brad Bell who will call Josh Griffith who will call Ron. I think you can get blackballed pretty easy if you get a reputation or do something unforgiveable. I think Drew Garrett got on some list and it was for way more than weed and not knowing his lines - or least it was hinted at on a number of soap boards at the time.

by Anonymousreply 429October 16, 2023 11:09 PM

Chad is one of the biggest duds on the show. Hard to believe the spawn of Carly and AJ is such a drip.

by Anonymousreply 430October 16, 2023 11:56 PM

Sometimes, one show will pick up an actor fired by another show, thus giving them a second chance.

Back in 1997, Adrianne Franz was talented but raw on Sunset Beach. That show fired her, but B&B quickly hired her as Amber where she proved she truly had talent.

Back in the early 80s, Bert Kramer was fired as Iris's love-long love on Texas. Despite a promising start, he ended up be underwhelming on that show. Soon after, Bill Bell hired him to play Ashely's biological father, Brent Davis, on Y&E.

When Nathaniel Marston was let go from ATWT for some anger issues and discipline problems, OLTL quickly picked him up as Max Holden's son, Al.

by Anonymousreply 431October 16, 2023 11:57 PM

I figured Drew Garrett would be on of those actors that was given a second chance by another show.

Am very surprised he wasn't. Seems like he would have bee cat nip to Days.

by Anonymousreply 432October 17, 2023 12:31 AM

I'm trying to imagine Susan Lucci or Viki Sleastack sitting in an a writer's meeting offering her input on every item the AMC or OLTL writers came up with.

by Anonymousreply 433October 17, 2023 1:00 AM

I can just see it now.

Lucci: "What a brilliant idea to give Erica a son! To rewrite the show history to say Erica never had an abortion but her fetus was instead stolen. And now that fetus is an adult and is the man who is her boss at the TV station. Excellent idea! Bravo!"

by Anonymousreply 434October 17, 2023 1:04 AM

Sleastak: "You want to give Viki how many personalities? Including that of an angry eight-year-old boy named Tommy and a crying little girl named Princess? Well, alright. I'll do it. But only if I win as many Emmys as Viki has personalities."

by Anonymousreply 435October 17, 2023 1:07 AM

R429 No you're right about the heads talking so yes, you can get blacklisted/blackballed, however like R431 said, there are some who are willing to give someone a "second chance" with a presumed bad reputation.

I honestly can't remember anything else besides Drew being problematic in terms of not arriving on time/arriving unprepared along with a supposed weed/attitude problem, although I'm now remembering something that I had forgot to mention earlier, about him "allegedly" being upset and going ballistic when he found out they were planning to have Michael raped in prison. Is that what you're alluding to R429?

by Anonymousreply 436October 17, 2023 4:36 AM

R428 Very striking. That must've been a nice sight to see.

by Anonymousreply 437October 17, 2023 4:47 AM

R438 Lol well Maurice won't let them replace him like they did Lexi. Unless he left on his own, although it would take some adjustment on Maurice's part, getting used to another Michael.

by Anonymousreply 438October 17, 2023 4:48 AM

[quote] I honestly can't remember anything else besides Drew being problematic in terms of not arriving on time/arriving unprepared along with a supposed weed/attitude problem

The way they shoot daytime soaps these days holding up production (not arriving on time) and not being able to do scenes in one take (arriving unprepared) won't be tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 439October 17, 2023 4:51 AM

R432 He'd make a good Will, however that would depend on his comfort level of course, if he wanted to play gay (not saying he wouldn't want to, just wondering if he'd want to). Chandler isn't interested in being on there full-time anymore, right?

by Anonymousreply 440October 17, 2023 4:56 AM

R434 That was a horrible idea. Giving Erica a son wasn't a bad idea, it was just executed poorly. Megan McTavish thought that she could recreate her Erica/Kendall story, however that wasn't exactly revisionist history, since it was written as taking place before the show premiered. Megan destroyed a iconic storyline while also adding somewhat of a science fiction twist to it by adding a procedure that wasn't exactly medically possible at that time. Colin Egglesfield was left with not only the daunting task of explaining the medical procedure, he also has to deal with the nickname of "Fetus Boy." It was terrible lol

by Anonymousreply 441October 17, 2023 5:06 AM

R442 I'm trying to remember them off of the top of my head lol Niki Smith, Jean, Princess, Tommy, Tori and Victor Lord himself, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 442October 17, 2023 5:10 AM

Jean Randolph and Tori Lord, had to look up their last names.

by Anonymousreply 443October 17, 2023 5:13 AM

R439 Right except now I'm thinking there was more to it, something about him not being ok with Michael's rape. I hadn't remembered that earlier, however that was rumored. I think that was a daytime first, a guy enduring a prison rape.

by Anonymousreply 444October 17, 2023 5:16 AM

R429, I heard calls were made from GH to B&B about a 'young' leading man who left B&B and GH ended up hiring.

His rep was pretty bad; he wanted out of soaps and yet he also needed a job. I don't know why GH would want someone who was young immature and walked away from a solid job.

But reps don't mean anything when there are cheekbones involved.

I understand people calling other people in soaps and people getting bad reps. But why the hell didn't someone call Y&R or DAYS and warn them about Josh Griffith; he'll write dark stuff and no romance and nothing will make sense; yet the man hasn't been out of work in a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 445October 17, 2023 5:38 AM

[quote] I heard calls were made from GH to B&B about a 'young' leading man who left B&B and GH ended up hiring.

[quote]His rep was pretty bad; he wanted out of soaps and yet he also needed a job. I don't know why GH would want someone who was young immature and walked away from a solid job.

That would be Jacob Young. He wanted out of B&B and soaps, leaving in Sept. 1999. But by Feb. 2000, he was back on soaps as Lucky on GH.

by Anonymousreply 446October 17, 2023 7:28 AM

R445 Josh Griffith is in a unique situation since he's good friends with Sony VP Steve Kent. So unless the right amount of calls are made or there's enough of an uproar to get rid of him, Steve will make sure he stays employed. Obviously there have been other situations where producers or writers were terrible at their job, yet they still managed to land on different soaps. Behind the scenes, they primarily like to recycle writers/producers; usually when they tend to go outside the box, it's met with trepidation (like the Mal Young experience at Y&R)

Yeah that was definitely Jacob Young like R446 said lol what's ironic I'd that he really wants to make a soap comeback, after going to AMC from GH then back to B&B after AMC's cancellation. Like that cheekbones comment btw 😆😆

by Anonymousreply 447October 17, 2023 10:42 AM

[quote]Is that what you're alluding to [R429]?

I'm not sure. I was always under the impression that there was a lot more to Drew Garrett's departure and it was certainly implied that there was more to it. Maybe he didn't want to play prison rape, who knows. Maybe after he was let go, he told his agent not to send him any more possible soap work. But something does not seem right with that one. They did a complete 180 on the character after he was let go. There is something more to this.

After he imploded at Days, I'm certain that Tyler Christopher is probably now on some do not hire list. Same thing for Michael Muhney. No soap is going to hire him. He'll probably continue to do primetime episodic work.

As for Josh Griffith, writers aren't actors. Head writing a soap is hard, grueling work. I don't think anyone who has demonstrated that they can do it, will ever be truly blackballed by anyone. And just because a writer sucks on one soap, doesn't mean they will suck on another, so I think there is more leeway there.

Oh, Michael's prison rape was the first. Ben Harper on Love of Life, came thisclose, but the network got cold feet.

by Anonymousreply 448October 17, 2023 1:01 PM

R447, I can't believe Josh who writes zero romance, boardroom stories NOBODY cares about because there are zero stakes keeps his job.

Who is clamoring to see his work?

He had Ciara on DAYS get raped on the Horton living room sofa. Cripes. That's where they all sit for the ornament-hanging ceremony.

I miss Bill Bell, Doug Marland, Pam Long, Harding and even Aggie.

by Anonymousreply 449October 17, 2023 4:52 PM

Josh Griffith isn't just the HW at Y&R now. He's also the EP.

He became EP about a year ago when they fired Tony Morina.

FYI: Tony Morina is the husband of soap writer Sally Sussman.

by Anonymousreply 450October 17, 2023 5:58 PM

Thought they ditched Drew since he came across as “gay” and wasn’t the young male lead this core character needed to be. Yet Duell has no chemistry with females. I liked Drew’s edgy quality. Gave Michael a more than bland characterization!

by Anonymousreply 451October 17, 2023 11:58 PM

is Drew a gay?

by Anonymousreply 452October 17, 2023 11:58 PM

I don’t know that but maybe came across like that to ABC execs

by Anonymousreply 453October 18, 2023 12:00 AM

Dex was so butch today! I’d love to see Ava give him a thank you fuck.

by Anonymousreply 454October 18, 2023 12:04 AM

Are Kristina and Blaze going to have a lesbian romance? It certainly felt Sapphic in their Puerto Rico scene.

by Anonymousreply 455October 18, 2023 12:14 AM

Yes their first meeting in Charlie's was pretty obvious that was the direction they were going in - scissor sisters all the way! Woohoo!

Can you imagine Ava stealing Dex away from Joss? OMG that would be great!

by Anonymousreply 456October 18, 2023 1:34 AM

R448 Excellent points. Thanks for answering my question, would have never known they almost went there on Love Of Life.

by Anonymousreply 457October 18, 2023 3:01 AM

R449 Steve Kent and Josh Griffith are practically best friends. I understand where you're coming from though; if anyone other than Josh decimated certain storylines, on two shows no less, they would definitely have their position taken away from them, eventually. Everything stated by R450 is exactly what's happened over the years at Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 458October 18, 2023 3:18 AM

R451 Interesting. It seems there was a lot that played into his departure. One thing for sure, he was blindsided, as were several of his costars. He still reminisces about his time on there, it's actually pretty sad that his career didn't take off further because that's definitely an ultimate payoff for his firing.

R452 Heard that rumor before, not sure its true. He seems pretty private; one thing that differentiates him from Chad is that Drew has personality on and off screen, whereas Chad just seems to be more engaging off screen.

by Anonymousreply 459October 18, 2023 3:26 AM

R454 R456 That would be a good hookup story, except Frank and Elizabeth Korte would have to be onboard with Josslyn being left out in the cold. Both of them absolutely love Jex, although they could always bring in a new guy for her, or send her in Adam's loving and waiting arms.

by Anonymousreply 460October 18, 2023 3:31 AM

And... that would make Maurice very happy!

by Anonymousreply 461October 18, 2023 3:50 AM

R461 You better believe it 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 462October 18, 2023 4:08 PM

Drew Garrett was involved with a girl named Emilia Ceballos just as recently as last year, according to his Instagram. They were on a romantic getaway in Mexico; he's still following her btw

by Anonymousreply 463October 18, 2023 4:23 PM

NAC Instagram selfie break. Get this boy a CK underwear campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464October 18, 2023 7:14 PM

R464 Pretty sure that's what he'll have offered to him after that Ryan Murphy project, or something along those lines.

by Anonymousreply 465October 18, 2023 7:28 PM

So are we getting ready to have a Sonny-Cyrus war for November sweeps?

by Anonymousreply 466October 23, 2023 6:15 PM

Hope so. Love Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 467October 23, 2023 6:23 PM

How long does it take that psycho model to pack her one vase? Vamoose already!

by Anonymousreply 468October 23, 2023 9:21 PM

I interpreted Mo's comment about reaching out to actresses after Billy's death to mean he reached out to actresses who also suffer from Bipolar to let them know they had someone to talk to if they ever had futile feelings like Billy. Nurse Amy (Risa Dorken) and KStorms both were on his show and said they suffered from Bipolar so I assumed it was them. But it could be actresses who were close to BM.

by Anonymousreply 469October 23, 2023 9:51 PM

Kelly cancelled her appearance at Graceland Event this coming weekend. NLG will fill in. I'm guessing the BM questions or condolences would be too much for her. Can't they ask the fans to stay away from certain subjects? Or is it impossible to regulate fans at these events?

by Anonymousreply 470October 25, 2023 12:19 AM

Those Graceland ticket prices are out of control for 2023 GH. This ain’t the 80s or even the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 471October 25, 2023 12:54 AM

It’s time to recast Maxie.

How is BJ’s heart still pumping in… that?

by Anonymousreply 472October 26, 2023 1:47 PM

Why is Frank "I'm great with the budget" Valentini wasting money on horses? Why not use that money towards a recast Lulu or Lucky or on an extensive talent search for a proper Nikolas recast? Animals, their trainers and accommodations can't be cheap. Who is cleaning up after the horse? Put the money towards actors who are potty trained.

by Anonymousreply 473October 26, 2023 1:55 PM

Mo was pretty awful to Billy Miller so as far as I'm concerned he can shut his hypocritical yap. He likes to make everything about himself and his struggle.

by Anonymousreply 474October 26, 2023 2:43 PM

Maxie chastised James for not finishing his grilled cheese, then conveniently slid it into her feed bag, um, snack purse.

by Anonymousreply 475October 26, 2023 4:10 PM

Continuity error.

On Tuesday's show, Nina gave Sonny the framed photo of Donna and Wiley at their wedding.

Yet on Monday's show, that framed photo was on the table behind Sonny's desk during the scenes between Sonny and Selina Wu.

by Anonymousreply 476October 26, 2023 5:06 PM

Block taping has created a lot of continuity issues. It’s bad enough the so-called show historian, Elizabeth Korte, can’t even keep up with character history in the scripts but we get laziness like this as well.

Take the horse and trainer money along with the salaries for Easton, Howarth, Storms and the Gregory actor and use it for other things.

by Anonymousreply 477October 26, 2023 5:35 PM

Rumor: original writers wanted to write Sonny's and Nina's wedding differently, in Port Charles, with the SEC reveal coming out at the wedding, leading Sonny to leave Nina at the altar (Michael may or may not have been the one to do it) so that's why the scab writers (producers) initially changed the wedding to February, instead of a possible November reveal.

Maurice loves working with Cynthia, to the point that he's hoping they don't break Sonny and Nina up, which could be why Frank and the producers decided to go ahead and write the wedding/reveal themselves (the original writers wanted to write the wedding reveal along with Carly/other townspeople learning about Bobbie).

by Anonymousreply 478October 26, 2023 9:19 PM

So none of you were turned on by Michael playing big bad blackmailer with his mother-in-law, not even slightly? Anyone look down towards his slacks to see a hint of his dick print? It wouldn't be easy to hide a dick of death for too long 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 479October 26, 2023 9:32 PM

Michael looks like a middle-aged insurance salesman from Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 480October 26, 2023 9:39 PM

R470 Yes and no. They can ask audience members to not touch on certain subjects, however that wouldn't exactly stop them from asking. Obviously they can't exactly answer questions about upcoming storylines, unless they want to, while they also don't necessarily have to be transparent about their personal lives. On the other hand, some people feel they're paying money so they should be able to ask certain questions, so it all depends. I would imagine it would be uncomfortable for Kelly after what occurred at one of her events over the summer, in regards to speaking about Billy.

by Anonymousreply 481October 26, 2023 9:46 PM

R470 Should also mention it seems rare when they ask the audience to refrain from certain subjects. They usually just answer or give an explanation as to why they can't answer.

by Anonymousreply 482October 26, 2023 9:52 PM

R480 Oh no 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 483October 26, 2023 9:52 PM

[quote] I would imagine it would be uncomfortable for Kelly after what occurred at one of her events over the summer, in regards to speaking about Billy.

That turned out to be very unfortunate timing for KM to address the subject.

by Anonymousreply 484October 26, 2023 10:03 PM

Michael is a putz but he does have one of the top 5 asses on the show. (That face OTOH…)

by Anonymousreply 485October 26, 2023 10:13 PM

CD's head is too small, his voice is grating and I don't like his puckered anus mouth.

by Anonymousreply 486October 26, 2023 10:18 PM

[quote] Those Graceland ticket prices are out of control for 2023 GH. This ain’t the 80s or even the 90s.

And yet the three top, VIP packages, which were the most expensive, sold out.

by Anonymousreply 487October 26, 2023 10:25 PM

R484 Agreed. Terrible timing.

by Anonymousreply 488October 26, 2023 11:45 PM

R485 Definitely. It's sort of hard to see sometimes since he's usually in suits. Who are the other four, in your opinion? Chase? Cody?

by Anonymousreply 489October 26, 2023 11:46 PM

Accidentally sent that at R489 before adding two more options, Dex and Spencer possibly?

by Anonymousreply 490October 26, 2023 11:47 PM

R489, Chase is hot af, but he has very little ass to speak of. It’s Cody, Spencer. TJ, and Dante.

by Anonymousreply 491October 27, 2023 1:56 AM

I vote for Cody, Spencer, Michael and Dante

by Anonymousreply 492October 27, 2023 3:06 AM

Uri has a nice plump ass.

by Anonymousreply 493October 27, 2023 3:09 AM

Kelly didn’t say anything about Billy at her event during GHFCW.

by Anonymousreply 494October 27, 2023 4:36 AM

I think Maurice’s son is cute. I love his curly hair.

by Anonymousreply 495October 27, 2023 7:17 PM

The SnoozeFest pairing of LIz and Finn needs to be euthanized, it's the humane thing to do.

Why is FV digging his heels in about this? Even his pet Easton is subtly speaking out against the pairing in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 496October 27, 2023 8:22 PM

I wasn't the much of a Lois fan the first go round, but I am enjoying having her back in town. At least for a while.

She's bringing some new energy to the Q mansion and the Brooke Lynn-Chase pairing.

Rena Sofer seems to have settled back into the role effortlessly, despite 25+ years away from Lois.

by Anonymousreply 497October 27, 2023 8:27 PM

I agree on all points r497.

How long is her "short term" contract? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 498October 27, 2023 8:33 PM

They Graceland photos are starting. Is NAC attending? His not in this group arrival.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499October 27, 2023 9:18 PM

NAC won’t be there—when this thing was planned, he was supposed to be on his Menendez leave of absence.

JK’s shirt made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 500October 27, 2023 9:29 PM

R498, Rena said on the Soap Opera Digest podcast that she thinks her last episode will air right before Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 501October 27, 2023 9:31 PM

Thanks r501, I'm disappointed to hear that, was hoping for longer.

I'm slightly embarrassed at all my typos @r499, my dachshunds are in my lap and trying to help me type.

by Anonymousreply 502October 27, 2023 9:38 PM

Soap Digest print edition is ending.

Online edition will continue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503October 27, 2023 10:15 PM

thread about Soap Digest print edition ending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504October 27, 2023 10:17 PM

Frank is an idiot to not keep Rena Sofer around. There are quite a few people that should get the boot to free up money for her starting with Michael Easton.

by Anonymousreply 505October 28, 2023 12:18 AM

[quote] Frank would've found a way to bring Josh in regardless in some capacity, had Ryan stayed imo because Josh sat on Frank's face for months.

Fixed that for ya, R9!

by Anonymousreply 506October 28, 2023 1:04 AM

I still wish we could see if the longstanding rumor about Chad Duell's DOD is true.

Massive dick, nice ass and a face.......well, two outta three ain't bad

by Anonymousreply 507October 28, 2023 1:11 AM

What on earth is Evan wearing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508October 28, 2023 3:16 AM

Did Evan buy his puffy shirt at International Male?

It looks like something International Male would carry.

by Anonymousreply 509October 28, 2023 3:18 AM

He is very hot, especially his hair!

by Anonymousreply 510October 28, 2023 3:22 AM

Are we ever going to find out who Pikeman is? At this point it seems like GH doesn't even know.

by Anonymousreply 511October 28, 2023 3:32 AM

R508 Evan looks so fucking fem off script. And we all know about Swickard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 28, 2023 3:35 AM

Latest rumor is Pikeman is Grant Putnam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513October 28, 2023 3:44 AM

Rena is worth keeping! So many we could lose…with Lois back to we need an Olivia? Finn and Austin are pointless.

Maxie needs to be recast badly!

by Anonymousreply 514October 28, 2023 3:50 AM

Joss new friend Slobby Corinthos is getting too much airtime.. It seems Sonny wants his little nepo baby to get an Emmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515October 28, 2023 3:57 AM

Mo says his spawn is "the new James Dean". LOL.

RoHo and Easton need to exit stage left.

KStorms is just not pleasant to watch, it's off-putting. Someone mentioned on this thread or a previous thread that even KStorms bestie Emme Rylan is cautious around her and doesn't invite her in the house, entertains her in the backyard. She must really have some serious issues if that's the case. Anyway, Uncle Frank needs to get real and do some housecleaning.

I'm Team Keep Rena.

by Anonymousreply 516October 28, 2023 4:04 AM

What kind of issues does KSto have that she has to remain out in someone's yard?

by Anonymousreply 517October 28, 2023 4:07 AM

r517, I don't know but it gave me pause.

She said on Mo's show a while back she is Bipolar so I don't know if that's the issue. She didn't admit to her drug problems which probably wouldn't have been wise to do publicly anyway. She has the money to attend to her problems yet looks like hell. She's been working steady since she was a kid so I bet she could retire or at the very least take a sabbatical.

by Anonymousreply 518October 28, 2023 4:15 AM

How much fatter is Maxie going to get? Is there a limit? Cause she sure ain't losing a pound. You can believe if Chase or Dex plumped up like this they would be getting escorted out of the building.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519October 28, 2023 7:26 AM

KStorms blew her money on drugs. She was just in trouble over not paying legal bills she was on the hook for for her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 520October 29, 2023 12:48 AM

My guess is she on some kind of medication that is contributing to her weight gain.

by Anonymousreply 521October 29, 2023 12:52 AM

I would love to see Nina be blackmailed by everybody in town over the call to the SEC and then, she just loses it one day at a big gala. She goes over to Sonny, Carly, and Drew and says, "Guess what? I called the SEC. I was pissed. And guess what? I'd do it again. Carly. Drew. You broke the law. You don't like that you paid the price -- look in the mirror. Not me."

Abby did something similar on KNOTS when she just lost it and walked over to Val and Gary and said Val, I got a call the night the twins 'died' and I figured they might be alive; when I could prove it, I brought you to them.

Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 522October 29, 2023 3:54 AM

I imagine LW to be just as insufferable as her character.

CW looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523October 29, 2023 4:03 AM

R514 GH can’t afford Rena full time. They need that money for “talent” like Sasha, Cody, LittleSonny, and Mason.

by Anonymousreply 524October 29, 2023 10:16 AM

Are JK and EH punking the fans, or are they styled like a sad gay couple because they are one? Maybe McCoy is EH's beard.

by Anonymousreply 525October 29, 2023 5:59 PM

JK? EH?

by Anonymousreply 526October 29, 2023 7:53 PM

JK = Josh Kelly who plays Cody Bell, an unnecessary character always referred to by his full name for some reason.

EH = Evan Hofer who plays Dex.

by Anonymousreply 527October 29, 2023 7:57 PM

Thanks R527. GH's cast is so large I can't always keep track.

by Anonymousreply 528October 29, 2023 8:01 PM

R527, with some characters saying the full name just ...fits. Sheil

by Anonymousreply 529October 30, 2023 3:36 AM

I always loved on B&B when Sally would call people by their full name... "Mr. Deacon Sharpe"

by Anonymousreply 530October 30, 2023 1:11 PM

Did I miss an episode? The flashback where T.J. stops Austin from smothering Mason with the pillow was the first time I saw that happen. The last thing I saw was T.J. seeing it happen through the window.

by Anonymousreply 531October 30, 2023 7:44 PM

More than forty years on and Victor Newman still refers to Jack as "Jackabbott". Similarly, ex-wife, Diane, is typically "Dianejenkins."

by Anonymousreply 532October 30, 2023 8:13 PM

Was it really necessary to have Walt Willey there? He's been in a grand total of four episodes tops. He must have made quite a pest of himself to get included.

I doubt LW took kindly to being placed third on the stairs. I hope this doesn't result in her demanding that her annoying boyfriend be re-hired to soothe her hurt feelings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533October 30, 2023 8:44 PM

I'm sure there are some fans who came specifically for the chance to see Walt.

But if we're going to have Walt, why didn't we also have Kassie De Paiva?

by Anonymousreply 534October 30, 2023 8:49 PM

Holy back of the bus, Batman!

by Anonymousreply 535October 30, 2023 9:08 PM

Right? I was almost too distracted by Evan's hair to notice at first, but...yikes!

by Anonymousreply 536October 30, 2023 9:16 PM

[quote]Holy back of the bus, Batman!

I'm assuming Twitter has not seen this.

by Anonymousreply 537October 30, 2023 9:20 PM

Here's another one.

Lynn ditched Walt to be near Mo, lol. Was Walt too needy since she's the only one he's familiar with?

Re: the other matter. I wonder if it was because of her height. Top of the stairs would have made her stand higher. Standing in-between two taller people mid-stairs would have dwarfed her. Putting her first (well second behind the "star" Mo) would have dissed the lady vets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538October 30, 2023 9:24 PM

Evan looks high as a kite in both those photos.

by Anonymousreply 539October 30, 2023 9:25 PM

Is Evan going for that freshly fucked look?

by Anonymousreply 540October 30, 2023 9:26 PM

Why is Trina the only black actor there?

Why isn't Curtis or Portia there? Or Aunt Stella.

The show has a decent sized black cast (larger than the black cast that Y&R has). Surely they could have sent another actor or two from that cast.

by Anonymousreply 541October 30, 2023 9:50 PM

Supposedly DT is a germaphobe. Maybe he didn't want to spend a weekend hugging strangers? A one-day event might be manageable for him but an entire weekend may be too much. Jordan #2 (Brianna) said that when she auditioned for the role all the actresses auditioning were instructed not to kiss him.

I travelled with a germaphobe once, he was exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 542October 30, 2023 10:28 PM

Reportedly, William DeVry (Julian) was a germaphobe too.

by Anonymousreply 543October 30, 2023 10:32 PM

If you’re old enough to commit arson you’re too old for trick or treating.

And Anna has really come down in the world. Now she has to suffer the indignity of having Maxie as a slumlord and using her secondhand furniture? (But there’s a doorman downstairs!)

by Anonymousreply 544October 31, 2023 7:25 PM

What is going on? Now Tyler Christopher is DEAD??

by Anonymousreply 545October 31, 2023 10:57 PM

WTF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546October 31, 2023 11:01 PM

Ellen Travolta returns to GH as Lois Mom.....Well. Now we know who Pikeman is!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547October 31, 2023 11:35 PM

Tyler Christopher is dead. And MB makes it about HIM!!..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548October 31, 2023 11:38 PM

Of course egomaniac MB makes it about himself. On Reddit they are saying Mo took Tyler "under his wing" recently. I find that hard to believe since TC slept on a park bench for two weeks when he returned to L.A. last year and he spoke to MB several times while residing on the park bench yet wasn't offered shelter. Maybe Mo's idea of helping is to offer him another appearance on State of Mind to boost his own viewership.

by Anonymousreply 549October 31, 2023 11:42 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if MB does a "tribute" episode of his shitabulous podcast. He is a horrible host. His random laughs and meaningless jibber jabber are not as entertaining as he thinks it is.

by Anonymousreply 550November 1, 2023 12:23 AM

QUESTION----->> DL Searches still broken...Is there a Tyler Christopher thread? If so please post link...Thank You...

by Anonymousreply 551November 1, 2023 12:27 AM

R551, here you go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552November 1, 2023 12:49 AM

R552 Thanks...

by Anonymousreply 553November 1, 2023 1:00 AM

Looks like Frankie might have a new Triscuit to nibble on.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554November 1, 2023 4:29 AM

R554 Does GH really need another teen fem boy? It never ends well. Just ask Dev and Oscar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555November 1, 2023 4:52 AM

Where's Rocco? We saw him as a SORASed teen for a couple of episodes a few months ago and haven't seen him since.

by Anonymousreply 556November 1, 2023 7:06 AM

R556 New Rocco looks exactly like a fem teen. They certainly have a "type" when it comes to casting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557November 1, 2023 8:00 AM

Frank has a type for sure. I guess he likes either femmy twinks or ones that have shaggy hair. As long as they moan loudly riding his Italian sausage they'll get the role!

by Anonymousreply 558November 1, 2023 1:38 PM

R.I.P. to Tyler Christopher, sort of surprised that he doesn't have his own thread regarding his passing. Unfortunately once his name was buzzing immediately guessed he was no longer with us. So sorry he wasn't able to fully reach his potential with a brilliant second act, he truly was an incredible talent. At least now he can finally be at peace.

by Anonymousreply 559November 2, 2023 1:34 AM

R506 Thanks for fixing it for me 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 560November 2, 2023 1:35 AM

R559, there are at least two threads about his death. One is linked at R552.

by Anonymousreply 561November 2, 2023 1:37 AM

Cynthia Watros is expected to take a break in order to film a series, not sure how Nina will be written off canvas in the interim

by Anonymousreply 562November 2, 2023 1:38 AM

R561 Thanks, didn't see them

by Anonymousreply 563November 2, 2023 1:39 AM

R562, oh, no! She’s become my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 564November 2, 2023 1:39 AM

R564 Sorry disregard that apparently it's unconfirmed so it's most likely just a rumor.

by Anonymousreply 565November 2, 2023 1:52 AM

I like CW and by all accounts she is a genuinely lovely person. Both Jeff Kober and Rebecca Budig spoke highly of her on Mo's show which speaks volumes as neither was a scene partner of hers.

If it turns out to be true, I wish her well. It can't be easy having to constantly stroke both Mo and LW's massive egos.

by Anonymousreply 566November 2, 2023 1:58 AM

R566 Yes Cynthia is very personable and well received by the majority of her costars. Maurice refuses to have Sonny involved with anyone except Nina, yet he constantly states how Carson have ran their course.

It will only be temporary, if it's not a rumor, so she'll be back to give Maurice and Laura their much needed ego boosters 😁

by Anonymousreply 567November 2, 2023 2:38 AM

The first rule of surviving in a soap opera is to be careful who you piss off when it comes to the big dogs. If they feel threatened by you, they will make your life miserable on set. I think Cynthia learned very well on how to deal with this from her time spent with Kim Zimmer.

by Anonymousreply 568November 2, 2023 2:49 AM

R562, how can she be leaving? the SAG strike is still going on.

by Anonymousreply 569November 2, 2023 5:13 AM

R569 Turns out it was a rumor that she'd temporarily leave to film "The Gilded Age" assumingly after the striking is over (in the same vein as NAC with the Ryan Murphy project). Since Season 2 has already filmed and has started airing on 10/29, it was presumed she'd be in Season 3, if there is one. However, that site (Who's coming back to GH in 2023) got their story from another site (Why the book wins") which had her cast in the series years ago, for Season 1. Seems the GH site must've assumed that this was current news when it's not.

by Anonymousreply 570November 2, 2023 6:20 AM

Asher Antonyzyn is also a model, yet he seems committed to baseball, so he could very well turn pro and leave GH after high school

by Anonymousreply 571November 2, 2023 6:28 AM

Sorry at R570 there's a page titled Who's leaving General Hospital in 2023 it's not an actual site. However "Why the book wins" is the original site who had the story of her leaving for The Gilded Age, except that was years ago, so its really an old story.

by Anonymousreply 572November 2, 2023 6:47 AM

So many cute twinks today! I really need to schedule a pool party.

by Anonymousreply 573November 2, 2023 10:15 PM

There's not currently an AMC thread, so I'll post this news here.

Peter White, who played Phoebe Tyler's son Lincoln Tyler on AMC in the 1970s, has died at 86.

Peter was also in the original stage production of Boys in the Band and also starred in the 1970 movie.

He also had roles on Secret Storm and Love is a Many Splendored Thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574November 3, 2023 7:37 AM

No little Violet "unca Chase"ing her way through the Halloween episodes?

Queen Charlotte and her drama club reject crew are too old for Trick'r'treating.

by Anonymousreply 575November 3, 2023 9:27 AM

Shoot that psycho cunt, Anna! God, I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 576November 3, 2023 7:02 PM

R574 R.I.P. to him, he was on AMC before my time, however I remember reading about Linc and Kitty, then Francesca James quit, so Kitty was killed off, then she spoke with Agnes Nixon about returning, so they created Kelly (Kitty's evil twin) for her, which was daytime's first set of twins being played by one actress (Deidre Hall and her twin sister Andrea Hall were daytime's first pair of twins portrayed by two real-life twins on DOOL iirc) so Agnes/Francesca started that trend. Kitty and Kelly should've been related to Cecily Davidson, imo, for actress Rosa Nevin sort of resembled her Also, Linc was involved with Margo Flax if I'm not mistaken, who got a facelift after the real-life actress got her own facelift and agreed to have it written into her storyline (which also happened with Jeanne Cooper/Katherine Chancellor on Y&R- Bill Bell most likely got the story from AMC)

by Anonymousreply 577November 4, 2023 12:22 AM

R576 I'm glad they went there. It's too bad that the producers scripts are almost over, I really don't think Chris and Dan would've went that route. This is more like pre-Frank GH, so apparently he'll sign off on ideas if he likes them enough. Chris and Dan barely like couples having sex, let alone certain people paying for their mistakes. Charlotte is out of control lol being mind controlled by Victor or not, getting shot by Anna who's she terrorizing is an interesting development.

by Anonymousreply 578November 4, 2023 12:28 AM

r577 For someone not watching in the mid-to-late 70s when Peter White was playing Lincoln Tyler, you sure do know a lot about the character and show history from that era.

Francesca James as Kitty and Kelly was definitely one of the first twins played by the same actor storylines, if not the very first. But many more followed after that.

Margo Flax on AMC had a facelift in 1975. Katherine Chancellor on Y&R didn't have a facelift until 1984. But if my memory serves, Margo ended up married to Paul Martin. She may have dated Linc before marrying Paul, however

by Anonymousreply 579November 4, 2023 12:34 AM

R579 😆 😆 😆 😆 honestly I wasn't born yet, so I really never saw any of what I mentioned. I read a lot about 70s AMC, especially from that huge coffee table book they sold in the 90s, which replicated their signature photo album from their theme song as an homage (if I'm not mistaken, haven't seen it in awhile). I just remember reading about Linc/Kitty, then Linc/Kelly and how Kelly was initially just as nasty as Kitty was nice.

That's what I read, Kitty/Kelly were daytime's first set of twins with just one actor in the role.

Now I didn't know when Margo had her facelift, I thought it was in or around 1972, before Erica's abortion in 1973 (I read that Margo was a friend of Erica's, also that she had a daughter named Claudette?) while I also thought that Katherine had hers sometime in the 70s as well.

I didn't remember that Margo had married Paul Martin either lol I barely even remember Paul Martin himself, I'm guessing he was one of Joe Martin's sons? I thought that she was romantically involved with Linc, from what I've read.

by Anonymousreply 580November 4, 2023 12:54 AM

Paul Martin was Joe Martin's brother, son on Kate Martin.

Paul married Margo in the mid 1970s when Paul couldn't lure Anne Tyler (Phoebe's daughter) away from Nick Davis. It was Margo's insecurity about being married to a man who was in love with someone else (Anne ) that caused her to get the facelift.

Yes, Claudette Montgomery was Margo Flax's daughter. She got hooked on cocaine and eventually jailed for possession. Later, she returned to town and was killed in a car wreck after she was revealed to be the person who murdered Eddie Dorrance.

by Anonymousreply 581November 4, 2023 1:09 AM

[quote]Kitty/Kelly were daytime's first set of twins with just one actor in the role.

Don Briscoe played Chris and Tom Jennings on Dark Shadows in 68/69.

by Anonymousreply 582November 4, 2023 1:23 AM

R581 Guess there wasn't any involvement between Margo and Linc; apparently he was married to Amy Parker before Kitty Shea and Kelly Cole. Wasn't aware that Margo decided to have a facelift in order to compete with Anne for Paul's affection; Agnes was really ahead of her time, for that's something women sadly are still doing in modern times.

Thanks for Claudette's backstory; she seemed like an interesting character. Ironically, she competed with Erica for Nick Davis; Erica planted cocaine in her purse, Nick found it, then planted in on Erica, leading her to be arrested. Claudette's rich husband Spenser Montgomery should've been related to Travis, Jack and Kit.

by Anonymousreply 583November 4, 2023 4:13 AM

Breaking:

‘General Hospital’ Star Maurice Benard Reveals He Contemplated Suicide During Pandemic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584November 5, 2023 12:42 AM

R584 = ME...ME....ME........I hate this fucking attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 585November 5, 2023 1:02 AM

Wow, doing press of his former costars’ untimely deaths. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 586November 5, 2023 1:46 AM

Wow just Wow! What an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 587November 5, 2023 4:51 AM

Can't stand egomaniac MB and I don't see how his show helps anyone. With the exception of one or two guests, the rest are just co-stars fawning over him and trying to keep on his good side. He even had the audacity to passively aggressively call out Genie and Finola for NOT doing his show.

He's done far worse than Tyler or Billy did yet gets to keep his job. Did Tyler or Billy throw or break any furniture and then brag about it?

by Anonymousreply 588November 5, 2023 9:37 AM

I believe Mo has confirmed that Genie, Finola, Maura, Laura, Cynthia, and NAC have all politely declined the opportunity to spill their guts to him on YT. Smart people.

by Anonymousreply 589November 5, 2023 10:47 AM

Laura and Cynthia have both been on his self-serving show. Cynthia even talked about her DUI.

He said on Twitter that there are co-stars he'd love to have on but who haven't agreed but he said HE'S NOT ONE TO PUSH, HE'S NOT LIKE THAT. Then he proceeds to publicly name Genie, Finola and NAC. What an asshole.

His job is secure no matter how awful his sputtering acting is or how badly he behaves. The co-stars he has spill their guts don't have that same luxury. I can't imagine the actress who plays Nurse Amy did herself any professional favors going on his show and talking about how she thought the government was bugging the light fixtures in her home.

by Anonymousreply 590November 5, 2023 11:04 AM

MB bullied Kimberly McCullough when she was a teen. He is a piece of garbage.

by Anonymousreply 591November 5, 2023 7:26 PM

Is Anna buying a “sorry I shot your psychotic kid” greeting card this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 592November 5, 2023 7:27 PM

I'm surprised Disney allowed Baby Helena to get shot.

by Anonymousreply 593November 5, 2023 7:39 PM

Mo admitted to bullying Chad Duell, too—which is understandable, but still…

by Anonymousreply 594November 5, 2023 7:57 PM

Why did Chase select “gay porn gangbang bottom” as his Halloween costume?

by Anonymousreply 595November 6, 2023 7:24 PM

I didn't realize how many child actors the show had until the Halloween episode.

That must have been quite a feat wrangling all those kids around and getting them to say their lines when they really just wanted to eat candy and play.

by Anonymousreply 596November 6, 2023 7:42 PM

I hope Chase and Cody start fucking soon.

by Anonymousreply 597November 6, 2023 8:21 PM

r597, you mean Cody BELL?

by Anonymousreply 598November 6, 2023 8:25 PM

As I recall, when Mary Beth Evans was playing Katherine, they almost always referred to her as Katherine BELL.

Must be something about the Bell name.

by Anonymousreply 599November 6, 2023 8:30 PM

Finola was incredible today even in a very contrived situation.

by Anonymousreply 600November 6, 2023 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!